Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: A Very Lewis Christmas

crgirl412

I don’t know if I like Julie. She seems pretty sour to me. She was also acting so bored (rude)when the real estate guys were talking with her—checking her watch, not responding, etc. And on a shallow note, I hate her long hair. Long hair, old face. Not s good combo. JMO.

• Love 4

I absolutely loved this episode .. maybe because it’s my town.  Christmas in New York City is magical, and it was exciting for Monroe to see snow.  They even took her to American Girl where I have lunch with my granddaughters and buy them a doll of course.  I’m wondering why Jenny and the other girl went also (the sister-in-law?).  Jenny isn’t even getting along with Jeff if I read correctly.  She just seems to be along for the ride and enjoying.  ,too bad they didn’t show more of the City instead of cutting back to Frankie and their house under construction.  They did show part of the Hamptons tho which they seemed to like.  Maybe Jeff will buy a house there too.  Monroe is adorable and you can see Jeff and Gage are great parents.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6

I know that they were talking about Christmas last week but because it’s LA I always think this show exists in some unspecific time of year so it was weird seeing winter!

Do we know what Monroe calls Jeff? Jeff pointed out Gage to her and said “there is Daddy,” and typically same sex couples have different names for the kids to identify them by.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Since when is Megan such an integral part of the show? Don't need to see her and her TH's so much and she didn't need to be on the NYC trip, either. 

Gage sleeping and Monroe sleeping peacefully on top of him was adorable. Those are the moments you cherish with your children. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Gage sleeping and Monroe sleeping peacefully on top of him was adorable. Those are the moments you cherish with your children. 

Also, I thought it was interesting that when Monroe was freaking out on the plane Gage took Monroe from the nanny while she still was freaking out because she was in pain he and even Jeff were the ones to soothe her and not in a showy way. 

I think Meghan’s increased role can easily be traced to the fact that she is around more often than Jenny who only shows up for filming. This isn’t a knock on Jenny she has money and a life where that she only needs to do that but at a certain point there is just not the same relationship. The  fact that there have been two scenes where Jenny is boring people about her divorce from Chris, people who have heard these stories a million times before, it’s interesting because it seems like that is the only thing she feels comfortable sharing which again is fine because her current life is awesome and she doesn’t want to share but that doesn’t make for great reality tv.

I wonder what Jeff’s dad when they were all in NY. He wasn’t with Jeff et al or his wife, Monroe and the nanny.

I hope Allison was an actor because no one is going to hire her after this episode particularly the way she didn’t know basic questions, Gage appeared to be trying to give her a softball by just asking what the average price per square foot in the neighborhood she worked in and she biffed it and then ignored the client.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

For me the best part of this show is the bickering between Jeff, Gage and Jenny.  I truthfully don’t care about anyone else except for the baby.  Their chemistry is very off this season and you can tell Jenny feels like an outsider and it makes this show boring for me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Juniebaby said:

For me the best part of this show is the bickering between Jeff, Gage and Jenny.  I truthfully don’t care about anyone else except for the baby.  Their chemistry is very off this season and you can tell Jenny feels like an outsider and it makes this show boring for me.

Yes, the show is changing.  Can someone fill me in?  Is Meghan the sister in law?  And, why is she in n.y. On the trip too?  I read about the fight between Jeff and Jenny and the law suit.  Also, this show may be cancelled?  I hope not.  I don’t see Jenny such an important part of the show anyhow.  Can’t stand that squeaky voice, and they are always eating which really annoys me, on Jeff’s dime no less.  Why don’t they all bring their own lunch like the rest of us?  Stupid, I know.  This show can survive without Jenny.  Even tho Jeff is very harsh, I still like him.  That’s Bravos decision tho to keep this show on or not.  Jenny is a co producer.  So ... ?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, the show is changing.  Can someone fill me in?  Is Meghan the sister in law?  And, why is she in n.y. On the trip too?  I read about the fight between Jeff and Jenny and the law suit.  Also, this show may be cancelled?  I hope not.  I don’t see Jenny such an important part of the show anyhow.  Can’t stand that squeaky voice, and they are always eating which really annoys me, on Jeff’s dime no less.  Why don’t they all bring their own lunch like the rest of us?  Stupid, I know.  This show can survive without Jenny.  Even tho Jeff is very harsh, I still like him.  That’s Bravos decision tho to keep this show on or not.  Jenny is a co producer.  So ... ?

I think I have the answers!  Megan is not the sister-in-law (the sister-in-law and Jeff's dad seem to have taken the flight to NY with them, though).  Megan is a design associate.  She has been with them for a few years.

It seems Jeff and Jenny have gotten into a huge fight (it must be real, as I think she sued him!) and I believe it will be on the show, probably at the end of the season.  I think Jeff was lashing about about that, and some other things and Bravo (Andy Cohen) may have threatened to fire him or cancel the show.   Jenny is so not important to the show - was she ever?  She is a producer because the show was her idea - it was supposed to star her and her then-husband, but Bravo loved Jeff and pivoted the show to feature him, and his company, with her as a side-player.  Her voice doesn't bug me, but I can see how it would bug others.

I once had a boss who made us all eat together, though not every day, and it was more of a power play - he bought the food but that meant that we were captive and couldn't go out for lunch.  I think a lunch break away from the office is necessary, so I never liked that.  Although, free food is nice.

Me too - I actually like Jeff a lot, I get him.  I think he is who he is and sometimes he can be cruel, and I don't like that, but overall, he is not a bad person.  He does have trouble seeing situations from any other point of view.  He would be a tough boss, but maybe a good friend.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

the sister-in-law and Jeff's dad seem to have taken the flight to NY with them, though

It wasn’t Jeff’s sister in law it was his stepmother who has been on the show previously.

• Love 3

I like Jenny.  To me she is the ying to Jeff’s yang.  She smooths things over and makes him look not so cruel.  I would never work for Jeff because I don’t find him the least bit endearing and I do find him to be an abusive boss.  The way he yells at everyone and expects everyone to be at his beck and call even after normal working hours is not nice.  He feeds them so they don’t go out for lunch, so they eat and work, never a break.  How many hours do these people work?  BTW, verbal abuse is still abuse, some people might find his behavior funny, but if you were at the receiving end of it I can assure you it wouldn’t be funny.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think I have the answers!  Megan is not the sister-in-law (the sister-in-law and Jeff's dad seem to have taken the flight to NY with them, though).  Megan is a design associate.  She has been with them for a few years.

It seems Jeff and Jenny have gotten into a huge fight (it must be real, as I think she sued him!) and I believe it will be on the show, probably at the end of the season.  I think Jeff was lashing about about that, and some other things and Bravo (Andy Cohen) may have threatened to fire him or cancel the show.   Jenny is so not important to the show - was she ever?  She is a producer because the show was her idea - it was supposed to star her and her then-husband, but Bravo loved Jeff and pivoted the show to feature him, and his company, with her as a side-player.  Her voice doesn't bug me, but I can see how it would bug others.

I once had a boss who made us all eat together, though not every day, and it was more of a power play - he bought the food but that meant that we were captive and couldn't go out for lunch.  I think a lunch break away from the office is necessary, so I never liked that.  Although, free food is nice.

Me too - I actually like Jeff a lot, I get him.  I think he is who he is and sometimes he can be cruel, and I don't like that, but overall, he is not a bad person.  He does have trouble seeing situations from any other point of view.  He would be a tough boss, but maybe a good friend.

Thanks for all the info.  They come and go so often, I forget who is who and who does what.  Jeff is a bad boy ... I remember when he let Jenny have it in the car really bad and she just sat there and said nothing.  I guess after awhile she couldn’t take it anymore and has a law suit against him.  I wouldn’t take it either, but I still like the guy and appreciate his talent.  He’s nuts we all know, but I think he has a good heart.  I read that Jenny wanted to be more important on the show, but it doesn’t look too good as they are thinking of cancelling.  Maybe he could get on another network?  Thanks for answering to my craziness without judgement.  I was watching “Married at First Sight” another train wreck and was flipping out myself, lol.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It wasn’t Jeff’s sister in law it was his stepmother who has been on the show previously.

Oh!  That's right, they did film the stepmother with Monroe, after they arrived.  I thought I had spotted the sister-in-law on the plane, but I must not have been looking too close.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

ETA- re: Heather (the blonde client, with the Hamptons home) - what does her husband do??  She seems to have a fabulous life!  I love that Hamptons home.

OMG, I love that house and the area is elite.  I was wondering, just how much money do these people have?  The husband or whoever must be a CEO or something to the affect.  Mostly all the Bravo people have a home out there.  They have a place in the city and a place in the Hamptons.  What’s better than that?  I am a peon and live in between, lol.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Mostly all the Bravo people have a home out there.  They have a place in the city and a place in the Hamptons.  W

Pretty sure the only Bravo people who have a home there are Andy, Bethenny and Ramona. It’s Luann’s only owned home she rents in the city. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Pretty sure the only Bravo people who have a home there are Andy, Bethenny and Ramona. It’s Luann’s only owned home she rents in the city. 

You are right.  I’m thinking of the other t.v. and movie personalities.

• Love 1

Life seemed so much better in NYC.  I can see how Jeff might want to just stay there.  All that headache back in LA......his life seems so chaotic.  Maybe, he creates it, but, I can't imagine being that stressed out all the time.  I'm trying to eliminate stress, not increase it.  He seems to surround himself with people who aren't equipped or willing to do a proper job.  Is that for the show?  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG, I love that house and the area is elite.  I was wondering, just how much money do these people have?  The husband or whoever must be a CEO or something to the affect.  Mostly all the Bravo people have a home out there.  They have a place in the city and a place in the Hamptons.  What’s better than that?  I am a peon and live in between, lol.

I like NYC, but I would not want to live in the city full time, so if you are in between, that is a good place to be!

I do have to laugh at that "#1 Beach in America" - is it that great?  It didn't look great.  How did it get that title?  Or did I mis-hear, and it was the #1 Beach in the Hamptons?

• Love 3

Someone needs to tell Jenny that she has been divorced from Chris for 10 years.  Talk about living in the past.  Seems like her current husband would not like her bringing it up all the time.  Does she have no other story?

Loved seeing Jeff, Gage, and Monroe in the city.  She is a sweet little girl. Wonder why they didn't have one of the Million Dollar Listing guys show the apartments?  Frederick , Jeff and Gage could compare parenting notes.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I like NYC, but I would not want to live in the city full time, so if you are in between, that is a good place to be!

I do have to laugh at that "#1 Beach in America" - is it that great?  It didn't look great.  How did it get that title?  Or did I mis-hear, and it was the #1 Beach in the Hamptons?

I don’t know how it got that title as all beaches look the same to me wherever I am.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Someone needs to tell Jenny that she has been divorced from Chris for 10 years.  Talk about living in the past.  Seems like her current husband would not like her bringing it up all the time.  Does she have no other story?

Loved seeing Jeff, Gage, and Monroe in the city.  She is a sweet little girl. Wonder why they didn't have one of the Million Dollar Listing guys show the apartments?  Frederick , Jeff and Gage could compare parenting notes.

Yeah, Jeff could stage all the new apartments being shown in the city, or better yet decorate the ones that are bought. Or, maybe he likes to demolish houses and fix them up like he does in California.  He could do that in the Hamptons should he ever move to N.Y.  That’s an idea if Bravo doesn’t want him anymore.  No?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

It is concerning to me that Jeff suggested Monroe never leaves the house and wondered how she would react to the sun. At her age she should be getting fresh air and being exposed to more than being shut up in a room with a nanny all the time.

That was crazy to hear him say that!!  Weather in LA is so great for being outside!!  Gage chalked up to being first-time parents.  Ummmm....... not really..........

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It is concerning to me that Jeff suggested Monroe never leaves the house and wondered how she would react to the sun. At her age she should be getting fresh air and being exposed to more than being shut up in a room with a nanny all the time.

It was an exaggeration. She went to parks and restaurants before her NYC trip as was documented on SM. Heck we even saw them taking her on walks last season on the show. 

• Love 7

Yes, but this was only a few occasions and only when a photographer was there. I would bet she spends most of her time closed up in the nursery with the various nannies. I can’t think of any reason at all for Jeff and Gage being so concerned about being outside of the house. 

I think they are too busy to take her on outings and don’t trust the nannies to take her out. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes, but this was only a few occasions and only when a photographer was there. I would bet she spends most of her time closed up in the nursery with the various nannies. I can’t think of any reason at all for Jeff and Gage being so concerned about being outside of the house. 

I think they are too busy to take her on outings and don’t trust the nannies to take her out. 

I somehow missed last season, but maybe Monroe's constant crying had to do with complete boredom of being stuck in the house all the time?   I jest somewhat, since it appears she also had some health issues.   But I'd cry too if I were stuck in my house 90 percent of the time -- and I love my house.

• Love 3

I think they are throwing in more talking heads from Megan after the fact to prepare for Jenny leaving, cuz that creates a big space should the show not end this season. 

Jeff and Jenny have had serious fights before but they have always made up. Maybe not this time since Jeff has his own family now and doesn't need her as much. 

I like Jeff the best in his talking heads. He is very forthcoming and honest and has a quick wit. He's just one of those people who says exactly what he thinks (and what most of us are thinking, but wouldn't say). The side of him I don't like is when he purposefully fucks with people cuz he finds it amusing. So MANY people have left Jeff's life including once loyal employees, boyfriends, and now even Zoila and Jenny. The clear common denominator is Jeff. I wonder if he explores that at all in therapy. 

• Love 8

They had their Christmas family dinner at Palm Two. Last time they all got together for a big dinner it was at the Palm in LA. Jeff must really like that restaurant. I’ve eaten at one (they have many in various locations) and the food is superb but a bit pricey. Chaz kind of whinged when Jeff was asking about Monroe being the child model for his hair care line. I don’t blame him if he doesn’t want to work with a child known for her screaming. Jeff just sloughs it off by saying that she’s “strong” just like him. She’s adorable now, but boy those dads are going to have their hands full after the puberty and adolescent ages begin. 

Loved the photo that was taken of Jeff and Monroe with the snow in front of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. I also liked that Jeff took one of her sleeping with Gage. It was cute how she had her one finger on his cheek. Too cute. 

• Love 2
On 9/26/2018 at 3:43 PM, heatherchandler said:

Probably not so great in the winter lol  Maybe she meant in the summer - I think she did say "you'll have to come back when it's nicer" 

Megan is starting to become Jeff's right hand (wo)man.  She's also on his talkshow almost every week as a sort of co-host. I like her!  She apparently has a lot of famous relatives, was married to some rich guy and when they got divorced she had a great attorney and got a lot of money in the divorce. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Megan is starting to become Jeff's right hand (wo)man.  She's also on his talkshow almost every week as a sort of co-host. I like her!  She apparently has a lot of famous relatives, was married to some rich guy and when they got divorced she had a great attorney and got a lot of money in the divorce. 

Who are her famous relatives?  Is her ex-husband famous?  I figured there was money somewhere when I saw her house!

• Love 2

I love Monroe’s portrait collar sweaters/dresses.  I think Chaz needs to cut back on the “dental work,” but I loved how he wasn’t giving in on the modeling gig for Monroe.  I have to believe the child leaves the house more often than they said.  I can see them waiting until she’s older for things like restaurants and busy stores. I feel for parents traveling but after recently being on a flight with a baby that also screamed for the last 30 minutes of the flight, I appreciate them flying private.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I took it to mean this was her first trip, not the first time she's ever been out of the house. 

I took it the opposite.  He seemed so guilty for keeping her in the house.  She's too young to have them feel bad for not taking her on a trip.  Its not like she's a teenager.  Its just weird.  

• Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, heatherchandler said:

Who are her famous relatives?  Is her ex-husband famous?  I figured there was money somewhere when I saw her house!

I can't remember if they even said but I feel like she comes from a family of actors/producers - I'm not having any luck with google either. 

Other than she worked for Steven Spielberg and was a Ford model but Jeff joked on his radio show that she's the black sheep of the family because she was the least famous. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I can't remember if they even said but I feel like she comes from a family of actors/producers - I'm not having any luck with google either. 

Other than she worked for Steven Spielberg and was a Ford model but Jeff joked on his radio show that she's the black sheep of the family because she was the least famous. 

SHE was a Ford model?  I don't see that!  I mean she is not ugly... but she doesn't scream Ford model.

• Love 1

The Hamptons beaches are stunning in the summer — big dunes, gorgeous sand, sparkly big waves. I can see why they’d be called some of the nicest beaches in America. But on a cold, cloudy December day, forget it. 

Add me to the list of people who thought one of the Million Dollar Listing should have taken them out to see apartments. That lady couldn’t even explain what a coop is — that’s NYC real estate 101.

• Love 5

Am I the only viewer surprised that Jeff immediately threw Monroe into the mix?  For ratings, most likely?

He grew up in the area.  Surely he knows what's happened to many child actors if/when they're no longer considered cute and the cameras leave?

Shocked me when he had her in a commercial at, what, 5 months old?

Obviously, she's not my daughter so not my (real life) decision but I expected Jeff and Gage to be more careful (safety concerns) and protect Monroe's privacy.

ETA:  Ok, it's probably more like surprised / uh, not surprised, if that makes sense!  Anything for ratings!

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1

I didn't watch last season. What happened to Zoila? I thought she was going to be Monroe's nanny and Jeff was going to hire someone else to clean. 

Also, I really need Megan and Jeff to stop abbreviating. It's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Jeff in Hamptons house basement: This is profesh.

Megan: Yeah, super profesh!

Megan in Hamptons house living room: It's gorge.

I'm not really digging Megan's ascent to confessional status either. I liked her better sitting behind a desk, commenting occasionally.

• Love 1