Type keyword(s) to search

Bristol Palin: Surrounded By Water and Yet Still So Thirsty

• Start Topic

I think Bristol is flat out gorgeous, and comes off a lot better than the rest of her family. Didn’t she also mention going to work in scrubs? So she had at least tried careers. 

Dakota is creepy as fuck. He may be a hero, but he’s scary angry. I’d be scared to death to give him the kids. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
Wow are Dakota and Dakira not the same thing!
  • Love 3

PTSD or not Dude is Grade A Asshole. I believe he has always been this way. Not a Bristol fan but I understand why she put off marriage to him and divorcing him now. It just makes me mad she brought kids into the mix because Dakota is unstable and she had to know that before intentionally getting pregnant.

• Love 7
On 12/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

I think Bristol is flat out gorgeous, and comes off a lot better than the rest of her family. Didn’t she also mention going to work in scrubs? So she had at least tried careers. 

Dakota is creepy as fuck. He may be a hero, but he’s scary angry. I’d be scared to death to give him the kids. 

She paid a lot of money to look that gorgeous. She looked better before.

• Love 3

Bristol Palin Slams MTV Over Her 'Teen Mom OG' Storyline: 'Don't Believe Everything You See on TV'

Sarah Palin's daughter is sick of the "fake fill-in Farrah Abraham/Jerry Springer BS" shown each week.

Bristol Palin is over all the mama drama.

Following Monday night's new episode of "Teen Mom OG," the reality star criticized the show for how she's been portrayed all season long, after she stepped in to fill a slot left vacant from Farrah Abraham's exit.

So far, Palin has been seen battling with ex Dakota Meyer in almost every episode, as the two continue to fight about custody and divorce proceedings each week. On Monday, Meyer accused her of being "more focused on the show and her image than she is about the best interest of the kids" after another nasty phone exchange.

Fed up with her storyline, Palin vented about both Meyer and MTV on Instagram, alongside a photo of her with her three kids; Tripp, 9, Sailor, 2, and Atlee, 1.

"If I cared what people thought of me, I wouldn't be here today - let's be real," she wrote. "I've stood strong and held it down for my kids since day one. No matter how bad @teenmom tries to portray my 'life' ..... my babies, my family, my close friends - they know the TRUTH."

"I'm a pretty great mom, work my ass off, show up, and hustle everyday to give my kids a pretty great life," she continued. "@mtv doesn't want to talk about faith, show work ethic, or juggling three kids alone, they don't want to show the humble process of starting over after a divorce, building a career, or any real life issues. All they want with my little segment each week is some fake fill-in Farrah Abraham/Jerry Springer BS, and it's simply not true."

Admitting she has said "some mean things" about her ex, Palin added that she's "learned a lot in the last several months" and her life shouldn't be reduced to "sitting around talking about baby daddy drama."

"Every week is a continued disappointment with their inaccuracies and false narratives," she added. "I hate getting all emo on you guys but I've kept quiet for too long about it. Don't believe everything you see on TV."

Her post was quickly flooded with comments, a couple of which she responded to. One fan wrote that MTV was trying to "tarnish" her and Dakota for being "on the wrong side of the political spectrum," saying the network was "liberal brainwashed sheep." Palin agreed, saying, "I knew that going into it, didn't have any idea how bad it would really be."

MTV wasn't immediately available for comment.

She's a spoiled entitled bitch. She had a choice and she choose the check.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 22

Her post was quickly flooded with comments, a couple of which she responded to. One fan wrote that MTV was trying to "tarnish" her and Dakota for being "on the wrong side of the political spectrum," saying the network was "liberal brainwashed sheep." Palin agreed, saying, "I knew that going into it, didn't have any idea how bad it would really be."

Again, if you were so suspect of MTV's alleged intent to portray you poorly because of being on the "wrong side" of the "political spectrum," you could have said, "NO."  

And I'd say she hustles alright, but I'm certain how I define that word as to how she operates is far different than the way she does.

And never fear, she'll be back next time to cash that sweet, sweet MTV paycheck. They all come running back to that trough since their prospects beyond it are nil. 

Another one who talks badly about her bosses and thinks they're out to get her. Omg none of these girls seem to realize that YES, MTV knows you go food shopping and they know you go to the mall, do homework with your kids (some of them), "hustle" for the next reality tv gig, but they are not there to film that because no one cares about that nor are they willing to pay you hundreds of thousands of dollars for that. They have a right to film what they want about your personal lives since you signed that contract and sold your privacy for a huge paycheck. We all get that there are other aspects to their lives, but reality tv is full of editing and getting drama where they can get it.. i'm so sick of all of them acting so spoiled and act as if they are doing this  for free (see amber, thinking the camera has been in her face for all these years as if she's doing us the favor).

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Another one who talks badly about her bosses and thinks they're out to get her. Omg none of these girls seem to realize that YES, MTV knows you go food shopping and they know you go to the mall, do homework with your kids (some of them), "hustle" for the next reality tv gig, but they are not there to film that because no one cares about that nor are they willing to pay you hundreds of thousands of dollars for that. They have a right to film what they want about your personal lives since you signed that contract and sold your privacy for a huge paycheck. We all get that there are other aspects to their lives, but reality tv is full of editing and getting drama where they can get it.. i'm so sick of all of them acting so spoiled and act as if they are doing this  for free (see amber, thinking the camera has been in her face for all these years as if she's doing us the favor).

PREACH!!!!

As a former TV producer, I can tell you we go for the most interesting stuff and amp it up and even stage stuff.  One person who was cast for a show I was working on about moms who flip houses, realized how she was being seen and started to pull back.  She became very measured in what she said and did.  We had to find out what was happening in her life and she was instructed to tell us what was on her calendar.  So she tells me, "Oh, here is something interesting!  I'm donating blood plasma!"  I told her, "Unless you are caulking the windows with it, I don't think we'll shoot that."  We actually used footage of her and her co-star struggling to install a bathroom vanity and we caught the very real reaction with frustration and salty language (not even that bad).  She was mortified at what the ladies at her church would say when they saw that.  

So yeah, the boring stuff you do every day doesn't really make for compelling TV.  If you are cast in a reality show, remember that what you think is interesting TV probably isn't to the producers.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Exactly. And the thing is, you would think that Bristol, the seasoned reality TV vet and second most high-profile member of the Palin family since she was a teen, would know better. Did she really think that MTV was going to pay her 6 figures to film segments of her being an awesome mom with a great family? While leaving the footage that she gave them of her bitching and crying to/about Dakota on the cutting room floor? Even the scenes she intentionally set up/instigated for the show? Really? Did she ever watch the show before she signed up? (Apparently, she did since she knew how to set up scenes of her calling Dakota during filming to advance her PR interests.)

• Love 11

Has she actually watched Teen Mom before? I’m genuinely amazed about how little responsibility ANY of them take for the way they are “portrayed.”  Honey you signed up for a show that is 95% drama and the other 5% is showing the “Mom” part and that’s being generous. What did you think was going to happen? You are in the middle of a nasty divorce and child custody battle. You are catnip for Teen Mom. You knew what you were doing and are crying victim about it now. Still cashing that check too. We see you. 

• Love 14
On 12/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, Giant Misfit said:

...he said, headed into the bank to cash his fat check for appearing on...Teen Mom.

This. And what did he expect from a show that chose to add in BRISTOL PALIN as a cast member this many seasons in? Does he not get that the Palins are known for their train wreck factor and not because they’re inspriring or otherwise any more interesting than anyone else? How many other women are out there that were once teen moms?

On 12/11/2018 at 12:46 PM, Emkat said:

Sooo she's not coming back to the show then???

Yeah right!

Notice how she has never said that she’s quitting. She’s a huge hypocrite (abstinence only!...except me!) anyway so she’s obviously comfortable with being that way. She’ll continue to cash the check and bitch.

6 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Exactly. And the thing is, you would think that Bristol, the seasoned reality TV vet and second most high-profile member of the Palin family since she was a teen, would know better. Did she really think that MTV was going to pay her 6 figures to film segments of her being an awesome mom with a great family? While leaving the footage that she gave them of her bitching and crying to/about Dakota on the cutting room floor? Even the scenes she intentionally set up/instigated for the show? Really? Did she ever watch the show before she signed up? (Apparently, she did since she knew how to set up scenes of her calling Dakota during filming to advance her PR interests.)

To paraphrase the brilliant Heather B, they can’t show what you don’t give them. Bristol is an idiot if she doesn’t “get” reality tv at this point. The funny part is she’s obviously been holding in her crazy and practically on her best behavior on the show.

And about the rest of her family, I find it interesting she’s the only one whoring herself out to so many reality shows. Yeah, she was a teen mom but so what? I find it hard to believe the other siblings couldn’t have gotten on at least one show if they had wanted to. Bristol just keeps going on more shows, and is now pushing her son to go on shows he has no business being on (I finally watched DWt’S’J and Tripp had little talent or desire and clearly didn’t even want to  be there.) just because she can. Get a job where no one has any insight into your life outside of the bullshit you tell them or stfu, Bristol. And, of course, she has to think it’s political. She needs to realize people don’t like her because she’s unlikable.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

To paraphrase the brilliant Heather B, they can’t show what you don’t give them. Bristol is an idiot if she doesn’t “get” reality tv at this point. The funny part is she’s obviously been holding in her crazy and practically on her best behavior on the show.

I actually think Operation Blame it on the Evil Libs at MTV was Bristol's Plan B. I think Plan A was Operation Show the World How Fucked Up Dakota Is, How Much I've Suffered, and What an Amazing Person/Mom I Am to Overcome It All. As crazy as he comes off on the show, I'm sure that Dakota has behaved much, much worse at times in real life. I think in the scenes of them arguing about his PTSD/their marriage, Bristol wanted to come off as calm, rational, and victimized, hoping that he would really go off the rails on camera. But, instead, her affect came off as weird, cold, and unfeeling. Dakota definitely comes off as deeply troubled, but he has a very sympathetic back story and he has effectively countered Bristol's narrative by credibly calling her out for being phony and manipulative. She pulled similar shit with Tripp's dad, trying to make him look bad for not signing a contract she had only sent him one page of, but he called her out as well.

So now she's mad, but, personally, I couldn't care less. It's super fucked up to try to trash your kids' fathers, one a vet with severe PTSD, to make money on a reality TV show. She hoped that being on TM would revamp/improve her public image (so she can make more easy money pretending to be virtuous), but instead she looks like the asshole she is. Boo fucking hoo. Get a real job, bitch (not the Meghan McCain type gig you were hoping for).

• Love 24
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

This. And what did he expect from a show that chose to add in BRISTOL PALIN as a cast member this many seasons in? Does he not get that the Palins are known for their train wreck factor and not because they’re inspriring or otherwise any more interesting than anyone else? How many other women are out there that were once teen moms?

Notice how she has never said that she’s quitting. She’s a huge hypocrite (abstinence only!...except me!) anyway so she’s obviously comfortable with being that way. She’ll continue to cash the check and bitch.

And about the rest of her family, I find it interesting she’s the only one whoring herself out to so many reality shows. Yeah, she was a teen mom but so what? I find it hard to believe the other siblings couldn’t have gotten on at least one show if they had wanted to. Bristol just keeps going on more shows, and is now pushing her son to go on shows he has no business being on (I finally watched DWt’S’J and Tripp had little talent or desire and clearly didn’t even want to  be there.) just because she can. Get a job where no one has any insight into your life outside of the bullshit you tell them or stfu, Bristol. And, of course, she has to think it’s political. She needs to realize people don’t like her because she’s unlikable.

Word!  And whenever anyone here mentions Heather B., I get a little spring in my step!!!!

• Love 11
18 hours ago, TheRealT said:

. But, instead, her affect came off as weird, cold, and unfeeling. Dakota definitely comes off as deeply troubled, but he has a very sympathetic back story and he has effectively countered Bristol's narrative by credibly calling her out for being phony and manipulative. She pulled similar shit with Tripp's dad, trying to make him look bad for not signing a contract she had only sent him one page of, but he called her out as well.

So now she's mad, but, personally, I couldn't care less. It's super fucked up to try to trash your kids' fathers, one a vet with severe PTSD, to make money on a reality TV show. She hoped that being on TM would revamp/improve her public image (so she can make more easy money pretending to be virtuous), but instead she looks like the asshole she is. Boo fucking hoo. Get a real job, bitch (not the Meghan McCain type gig you were hoping for).

I agree.  She's trying to "control the narrative" but it's not quite working.

Amber was kind of screaming at Andrew...it's starting. dear Lord, dude, is it all worth it??? and WHAT are they gonna do when they have an active little boy-child climbing up the drapes???? 

(just me?  okay, then...)

I liked that they showed Jayde's surgery.  I like normal everyday things...I don't for a second believe that all Cate & Ty do is talk about their relationship, Maci sits & complains about Ryan, Amber talks about being depressed, and Bristol and Cheyenne do nothing but love/hate their babydaddies.

(I lie.  i kind of believe the Cate & Amber stuff.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Boy, Bristol, you really know how to pick 'em, don't you? I don't understand why people think trashing the people they've reproduced with makes them look better. It just reflects on YOU, Bristol! Dakota had major problems long before he met you, so there's no chance that he pulled some kind of bait and switch. YOU were worried enough to cancel an engagement with him, so you knew exactly what you were getting into when you brought not one but THREE innocent children into this situation.

• Love 13
On 12/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, TheRealT said:

I actually think Operation Blame it on the Evil Libs at MTV was Bristol's Plan B. I think Plan A was Operation Show the World How Fucked Up Dakota Is, How Much I've Suffered, and What an Amazing Person/Mom I Am to Overcome It All.

Without a doubt!!!!

On 12/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, TheRealT said:

Boo fucking hoo. Get a real job, bitch (not the Meghan McCain type gig you were hoping for).

Yep. Bristol completed aesthetician training.  If she doesn't like how the "ebil libural media conspiracy" is portraying her, she can go work as an aesthetician and try supporting three kids, paying her house note and taxes on that McMansion, paying for flights to/from Alaska, and her lifestyle in general on that salary alone.  

Granted, Meghan McCain has a lot of connections and opportunities because of who her father is, but Meghan also bothered to complete a four-year degree despite having a famous parent's coattails to ride on, generally acts in a classy/dignified manner, and didn't get knocked up out of wedlock twice while preaching abstinence.  She's also maintained a relatively scandal-free life, even as a child of a public figure (ie: she didn't get pregnant as a teen while her parent was holding state-wide office & then try to make a career out of that infamy; there are no Vanity Fair articles describing her being in a drunken brawl at a party).  Meghan has had a lot of opportunities the average person hasn't, but she also has taken advantage of them & has pretty much made good life decisions to continue her career.  Bristol could have somewhat similar opportunities, but she's decided to ride the reality show "fame" train.  If Bristol wanted the public's perception of her to be different, she should have made different choices like Meghan McCain.  Even after she had Tripp, she could have made different choices that could have allowed her to have a career in some form of media/entertainment media that wouldn't have led to being on a trash TV show, complaining about it, then coming back for more checks. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13

Most people on reality TV who don't like their 'edit' don't realize that they are experiencing themselves the way other people experience them.  Could be a good opportunity for personal growth, but nope.  Not usually.  We're just human and we're all negative sometimes, but some people don't realize just how negative they actually are.  We don't exactly know what other people's experiences with us are.  So when you see yourself from the outside, and you dislike the negativity you see, it's because you're giving off more of it than you knew.  Swallow your pride, apologize, and improve yourself.  Or blame someone else.  Either/or.

• Love 13

At least she is walking away, whether it be voluntary or not.  Unlike some of the others who just continue to sit back and complain about MTV while collecting the paycheck and never standing up for themself by quitting.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Bristol can leave and that's fine, she has family money to fall on... her lifestyle is not going to change... But the other girls,  if they quit they're back in the trailer park in a couple of years.

Edited by Caracoa1
Grammar
  • Love 8
(edited)

I despise the Palin family's politics, but Bristol did at least finish esthetician* school. She had (it may not be active now) esthetician license and apparently actually worked as an esthetician at one time.  (Excuse that the link is the Daily Fail, but this info looks accurate from other articles, etc) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3416028/Bristol-Palin-reveals-leaving-daughter-Sailor-Grace-time-return-work-just-one-month-giving-birth-poses-photo-kids.html

If she had to, she could find a "real" job at a salon/spa/skincare studio (maybe one owned by conservatives).

Now, she could have used her fame/family connections to take advantage of more education and better life choices to do bigger and more lucrative things than esthetician, but like Chelsea, she can at least work a "real job" if she ever has to (and apparently has done so before).  She wouldn't be leading the reality TV show "star" lifestyle, but she's I guess at least better prepared for when the reality TV show checks dry up than Amber, Jenelle, Cate, etc. YYeah, it will be a big wake-up when all the intermittent offers to make money on TV and off of her "fame" dry up completely, but at least she has something to fall back on (even if it requires more work for less pay/lifestyle changes).  I hate to say something positive about Bristol but there you go, I did.

*I don't ever think I am spelling esthetician right when I type it out.  Google tells me I did, but spellcheck catches it here. In any case, ya'll know what I mean. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Bristol can leave and that's fine, she has family money to fall on... her lifestyle is not going to change... But the other girls,  if they quit they're back in the trailer park in a couple of years.

And????  I really don’t give a F if the others have family money or not.  They’re all pushing 30 and should have figured out how to earn a living in the real world.  Beside that, they’ve all been on the MTV teat for 10+ years.  If they haven’t invested or made a nest egg by this time, that is pathetic.  They all bitch and moan like they’re A listers (or in the industry, per Amber).   They have all used and abused their kids for money and fame, then complain about it.  But yet they all come back.  

• Love 9
On 4/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I despise the Palin family's politics, but Bristol did at least finish esthetician* school. She had (it may not be active now) esthetician license and apparently actually worked as an esthetician at one time.  (Excuse that the link is the Daily Fail, but this info looks accurate from other articles, etc) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3416028/Bristol-Palin-reveals-leaving-daughter-Sailor-Grace-time-return-work-just-

Now, she could have used her fame/family connections to take advantage of more education and better life choices to do bigger and more lucrative things than esthetician, but like Chelsea, she can at least work a "real job" if she ever has to (and apparently has done so before).  She wouldn't be leading the reality TV show "star" lifestyle, but she's I guess at least better prepared for when the reality TV show checks dry up than Amber, Jenelle, Cate, etc. YYeah, it will be a big wake-up when all the intermittent offers to make money on TV and off of her "fame" dry up completely, but at least she has something to fall back on (even if it requires more work for less pay/lifestyle changes).  I hate to say something positive about Bristol but there you go, I did.

She's actually a real estate agent.  She's been doing pretty well at it so far (I live about an hour from Austin).  But I do think she needs to concentrate on this and step out of the public eye.

• Love 2

Bristol's dad filed for divorce from her mom Sarah Palin on his 55th birthday.  It was a few days ago. I was looking forward to all the Palin family dirt to come out in this divorce, but apparently the judge has ruled the divorce case can be sealed. Boo. 

https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/judge-orders-sarah-palins-divorce-documents-to-be-sealed/

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 1:05 AM, geauxaway said:

And????  I really don’t give a F if the others have family money or not.  They’re all pushing 30 and should have figured out how to earn a living in the real world.  Beside that, they’ve all been on the MTV teat for 10+ years.  If they haven’t invested or made a nest egg by this time, that is pathetic.  They all bitch and moan like they’re A listers (or in the industry, per Amber).   They have all used and abused their kids for money and fame, then complain about it.  But yet they all come back.  

Preach. These girls won the lottery for basically making bad decisions and I would love for some of them to face reality.

• Love 5