Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Spoilered for comic book reference: 

Reveal hidden contents

Given Negan's (a) appropriating the hatchet before hauling Rick into the RV and (b) his string of "right hand" references, I'm expecting one discrepancy between GN Rick and TV Rick is about to get re-synchronized real damn quick.

Unfortunately - I think they are going there...

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ChipBach said:

Unfortunately - I think they are going there...

Could be, although in the past I read an interview where TPTB indicated they wouldn't do that, for technical reasons (not that it couldn't be done, but that it would be costly for a major character).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

Me too. Negan ain't having him in for tea and cookies. Rick's face, kudos to Andy Lincoln, is simply bereft, lost, horrified. I cant imagine how an actor gets into that kind of headspace to pull that off.

Watching a presidential debate?

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, ChipBach said:

Rick's face, kudos to Andy Lincoln, is simply bereft, lost, horrified. I cant imagine how an actor gets into that kind of headspace to pull that off.

Watching a presidential debate?

Bottle of Windex over here, please....

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5
On 10/8/2016 at 9:59 PM, Glaze Crazy said:

I suspect Jeffrey Dean Morgan was a big "Get" for this show. I know they have had some bigger "names" in basically walk-on roles, but he's had a lot of popular exposure in the last few years on different shows. Using his face in the promos for this season is understandable, to me anyway.

No way do I believe that JDM is a big "Get." He is not a tv or movie star. He isn't even a D list actor. He does guest roles on tv.  

• Love 4
On 9 October 2016 at 5:05 PM, GaT said:

I watched hoping it wouldn't be what I thought it would be, but it's exactly what I don't want to see. It another all powerful nutcase, that's going to torture & kill everyone until Rick kills him. What else is new?

Yep....and.....yawn....

• Love 3
On 10/14/2016 at 4:20 PM, SimoneS said:

No way do I believe that JDM is a big "Get." He is not a tv or movie star. He isn't even a D list actor. He does guest roles on tv.  

Honestly, when it was first announced he was joining TWD, I had to look him up on IMDB. Even then I didn't know who the hell he was/is.

TPTB is certainly getting their money out of him these last handful of weeks. If I didn't know better (and yes I'm aware of the comics), I'd think JDM was going to be made the lead if the show. TPTB certainly seem to have a boner for him. If I were Andy Lincoln, I'd be looking for a new job. Actually, I kinda feel like he already is.

Edited by JackONeill

And I'll be thinking "I guess John Winchester (Supernatural) finally went off the deep end."

John Winchester, however, was a complex character, despite sometimes being a bastard. I'm not expecting Negan to be anywhere near as complex, just a complete bastard that I'll want dead almost immediately.

And the problem is that John Winchester has a back story that let me believably see how his character got where he did. And despite him being a bastard, I could sympathize with him and his position. I can't imagine any backstory for Negan that would make me feel anything for him but disgust, as I can't imagine any justification for living off of other peoples' hard work and suffering while just sitting around being a tyrannical dictator and killing people just to prove a point and to keep the position of head asshole.

Please excuse my language. This Negan situation is pushing my buttons... and for me, there better not be a connection between him and Carl on the television show, unless it's Carl killing his ass. If there is anything remotely not antagonistic between them after Carl being a witness to what is going to happen, I'm out. Carl, Rick, Michone, and Daryl are my sticking points... and to a lesser extent Eugene... I kinda like the little guy now.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And the problem is that John Winchester has a back story that let me believably see how his character got where he did. And despite him being a bastard, I could sympathize with him and his position

I don't sympathize with John as much as you because I thought he was a bastard at times yet I can't see what would push him to Negan's way unless he was just a full on demon. But Negan doesn't have that excuse. He's just a sociopath. I'm really curious though how much JDM is prepared to be 100% LOATHED after only being sort of loathed by some SPN fans. LOL

I just don't want Rick humiliated any further by Negan before he gets a chance for some payback, but I fear I am wrong.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't sympathize with John as much as you because I thought he was a bastard at times yet I can't see what would push him to Negan's way unless he was just a full on demon. But Negan doesn't have that excuse. He's just a sociopath.

Oh, I definitely think that John is a bastard, but because he had an interesting and sympathetic backstory, I could understand how and why he was a bastard. I could see the events that transformed him into that.

On the other hand, as you say, Negan is just a sociopath. And for me, a sociopath is not so interesting if other characters - Negan's followers - are just willing to follow him without seeing - or if they do see, then not caring - that he is a sociopath. That's just not something that I can relate to or sympathize with. I just keep thinking, "this guy is a complete asshole. How has someone not killed him yet?" Because Negan is not at all subtle. For me, the most interesting and believable sociopaths are generally innocuous, somewhat charming, but generally "normal-seeming" (or just slightly off) people that don't draw attention to the fact that they like to kill people.

In other words, Negan is somewhat like Hitler. I don't understand how he happened, but I don't really want to know, nor am I interested in seeing a story where he wins. Like at all.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 8

Okay, this is somewhat spoilery though also vague...

Filming report (sort of). The Walking Dead was filming in Griffin, GA again last week in the downtown area this time. Unlike previously, however, this was in an area north of the train tracks (but not the bridge of Abraham's hanging walker encounter.)

I wasn't sure that it was The Walking Dead at first, because I didn't see the usual signs pointing to the area, but later on found out that's what it was from a reliable source.

So the area they were filming was a bit odd - basically a lot adjacent to a warehouse being demolished. The small lot is full of piles of various debris that has been sorted. Piles of rocks and concrete and a large pile of wood. That seemed to be the focus area was the large pile of wood. Now this wasn't wood like two by fours or organized wood, but a large pile of very haphazard, twisted, and broken up wood debris. There might also have been bricks (I couldn't tell for sure as we drove by), but usually here the bricks are recovered during demolition and stacked neatly and packaged up for resale, and I didn't see anything like that this morning as we drove by (Not to say it wasn't there earlier). But I can for sure confirm the piles of rocks and concrete and the large pile of wood.

Not sure what that means exactly, and it seems like a strange place to film a scene, but...

• Love 1
18 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

In other words, Negan is somewhat like Hitler. I don't understand how he happened, but I don't really want to know, nor am I interested in seeing a story where he wins. Like at all.

I suspect there will be crapton of flashback storytelling to show us how Negan got to be who he is to try and pimp him as an anti-hero vs a true villain because Kirkman keeps trying to sell two sides of the same coin in Rick and Negan (which NOPE just NOPE).

I still can't help but wonder if they are going to kill off Rick this year. I just wonder because so much promotion about JDM and he's a series regular now so he can't work on another show without TWD giving permission. I can see the show trying to reset via Negan by killing off Rick. I think it's going to be  Darryl and Glenn, who are both killed since they have been Rick's most trusted, loyal friends and advisors. If Negan, needs to destroy Rick, taking out his most trusted advisors is the best way to do it.  And then for symmetry, Rick is killed as well. That leaves the Negan/Coral story to become Negan vs Coral with Coral as the new Rick but instead of one arm, he has one eye.

Shouldn't this also be the end of the typical 6 year contracts signed by the original cast members? Does anyone know if they have signed for more seasons beyond 6? I really don't know.

Don't know anything about the status of their contracts  but with the show still riding  high in the ratings, I can't see any of them leaving voluntarily. They might sign up for shorter term contracts, though.

I heard the show has been renewed. I don't know anything about actors' contracts. Not that it means anything, but this is a rare show in that actors' contracts don't make the news. We've all heard of other ensemble shows like Friends and Big Bang Theory where all the actors get together and demand an equally big pay raise.

Edited by JackONeill

I like JDM, but everything I see is about Negan and his bat and I'm not sure why I am supposed to be enthralled with a vicious murderer. I don't read the GN and never will, but at some point TPTB will have to understand that TV is a whole different animal and requires story lines that are just more complex. I also feel sure that the actual Walkers in the show will be featured less and less. I keep reading that the Walkers are now weakened and would not be as much as a threat, but that would only apply to the original Walkers. New people would die every day and the new Walkers should have just as much speed and strength as the originals. If you factor in the poor living conditions and lack of medical care, you would be having even more deaths than usual.

I'm not a person who is against new characters, but at some point there are so many people that the original cast get lost in the shuffle. I actually thought Lost (my all time favorite show), did a good job of introducing new people, but retaining most of the original cast until the very end. Considering that TWD has only a limited number of episodes in each arc, constantly killing people we knew from the beginning and replacing them with characters who we don't like from the get-go, makes for dreary TV. I will be sad if Glen and Abraham are sacrificed and I'm not sure I want to meet a whole new group with the guy with the tiger. I am still invested in both the original CDB and the threat of Walkers and if these two things are gone, I will be done watching. 

I really hope they don't adopt the premise of Fear TWD where you can smear on a streak of blood and then walk freely among the Walkers. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I like JDM, but everything I see is about Negan and his bat and I'm not sure why I am supposed to be enthralled with a vicious murderer. I don't read the GN and never will, but at some point TPTB will have to understand that TV is a whole different animal and requires story lines that are just more complex.

I think the last great moment of the story was when Michonne and Rick were sitting in the car outside of Alexandria, and he heard the children laughing inside, and we saw the first spark of hope in his eyes for the future.  The writers have blown every opportunity since then, by making everyone stupid, basically.   And ignoring the potential for any depth. 

The situation with drunk Dr Pete and Jessie was straight out of a lifeboat ethics exercise, but it was just used as a simplistic plot device.  Instead they wasted valuable time on dumpster death fakeouts, or 90 MINUTES of Morgan's cheesemaker experience.  Rick makes his case for a preemptive strike against Negan, but there is zero follow up or fallout with what is going at Hilltop.  I've already complained about Carl's massive injury being glossed over.   Carol and Michonne are the only characters I see following a through line regarding all their choices and their ultimate effect on them.

38 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I'm not a person who is against new characters, but at some point there are so many people that the original cast get lost in the shuffle. I actually thought Lost (my all time favorite show), did a good job of introducing new people, but retaining most of the original cast until the very end. Considering that TWD has only a limited number of episodes in each arc, constantly killing people we knew from the beginning and replacing them with characters who we don't like from the get-go, makes for dreary TV. I will be sad if Glen and Abraham are sacrificed and I'm not sure I want to meet a whole new group with the guy with the tiger. I am still invested in both the original CDB and the threat of Walkers and if these two things are gone, I will be done watching. 

Every season gets further bogged down with more people.  One less member of the Atlanta 5 is one less reason to watch the show.  

• Love 10

Yeah I am not super excited about the Negan stuff either. I personally think JDM is overrated and looks like the older brother from "Everybody Loves Raymond" and Javier Bardem from "No country for Old Men" but a lesser version.

The only characters I am looking forward to seeing is Shiva the tiger and Ezekiel. Does anyone know if they are using a real tiger or CGI? They better have a kickass CGI tiger that can chomp on zombie guts like nobody's business. That will make season 7 worth watching.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, peach said:

I think the last great moment of the story was when Michonne and Rick were sitting in the car outside of Alexandria, and he heard the children laughing inside, and we saw the first spark of hope in his eyes for the future.  The writers have blown every opportunity since then, by making everyone stupid, basically.   And ignoring the potential for any depth. 

The situation with drunk Dr Pete and Jessie was straight out of a lifeboat ethics exercise, but it was just used as a simplistic plot device.  Instead they wasted valuable time on dumpster death fakeouts, or 90 MINUTES of Morgan's cheesemaker experience.  Rick makes his case for a preemptive strike against Negan, but there is zero follow up or fallout with what is going at Hilltop.  I've already complained about Carl's massive injury being glossed over.   Carol and Michonne are the only characters I see following a through line regarding all their choices and their ultimate effect on them.

Every season gets further bogged down with more people.  One less member of the Atlanta 5 is one less reason to watch the show.  

Well said.

It's almost as if TPTB are ignoring the TV fan base to cater to the GN fan base. Maybe it's because TPTB don't know how to make a truly good show on a consistent basis.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, peach said:

Very well stated.  They could have very easily made a satisfying ending to the story there at the gates of Alexandria where our group found hope again after 4 1/2 seasons of dragging through increasingly murky shit had they wanted to end it there.  But they didn't and since then it's been undeveloped villains (We still have no idea who the Wolves were or what they even wanted and now never will.) and everyone behaving stupidly as our core characters more and more get lost in the shuffle of 517 new also underdeveloped characters.  To say that I'm not happy at the prospect of one or more of the people we've been following for years being killed horribly because our gang jumped in feet first to immediately embroil themselves in a fight between Hilltop and the Saviors, none of whom we've been given much reason to care about yet, is putting it mildly.

I've been catching bits and pieces of the marathon at night and the past two nights they've been on the back half of season 2 and the front half of season 3 from the end of the farm to the prison.  For all the bitching we may have done then, at least it was about characters we knew and mostly understood.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

To say that I'm not happy at the prospect of one or more of the people we've been following for years being killed horribly because our gang jumped in feet first to immediately embroil themselves in a fight between Hilltop and the Saviors, none of whom we've been given much reason to care about yet, is putting it mildly.

As stupidly as they have behaved, I actually have no doubt that this is the way it would have always ended up, no matter what actions our group would have taken (except for the action of doing proper recon). The Saviors that Daryl blew up: give us your stuff, and we'll kill one of you. The story that Jesus told: they take our stuff and killed one of us. The Savior compound: pictures of people they killed hanging over their beds like Dream Catchers. So in that respect...at least they got some food out of the situation.

• Love 1

As touched on above, it really pisses me off (yeah, I know I'm talking about a TV show) that Jesus pretended to be our friend and we have a deal with Hilltop and though there were subtle warnings about Negan and his people (yes, I know this is no longer a world in which "warnings" are given or expected), there was no -- ZIP -- pushback on Rick's "first strike" proposal. In fact, Jesus participated. (Of course, he wanted to get his buddy back. And he also didn't want to be seen. Because he knew what Negan would do.)

In fact, I might be more furious with Jesus than Negan. After all, we trespassed on Negan. Whereas, Jesus is supposed to be our buddy. Buddies are supposed to give you a heads' up.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, kia112 said:

As stupidly as they have behaved, I actually have no doubt that this is the way it would have always ended up, no matter what actions our group would have taken (except for the action of doing proper recon).

But the point is the journey, is it not?  They could have gotten to the same place in the story without being so frigging stupid all the time.  People on this board concoct lots of better scenarios than seasoned characters shouting at each other in the woods and getting ambushed by that weasel Dwight.  Multiple times.  lol 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, JackONeill said:

As touched on above, it really pisses me off (yeah, I know I'm talking about a TV show) that Jesus pretended to be our friend and we have a deal with Hilltop and though there were subtle warnings about Negan and his people (yes, I know this is no longer a world in which "warnings" are given or expected), there was no -- ZIP -- pushback on Rick's "first strike" proposal. In fact, Jesus participated. (Of course, he wanted to get his buddy back. And he also didn't want to be seen. Because he knew what Negan would do.)

In fact, I might be more furious with Jesus than Negan. After all, we trespassed on Negan. Whereas, Jesus is supposed to be our buddy. Buddies are supposed to give you a heads' up.

That pissed me off earlier this year. He let them be over-confident, knowing just who they were dealing with, and that he apparently has people *everywhere*.

• Love 2

I'm very ambivalent about watching. First of all, I don't want to watch one of ours die a gruesome and meaningless death. Second, I don't want to give Kirkman the satisfaction. I think he's an overrated man-child.

if this show had stayed in the path seen in the first season, I think it would have been a much better show. There's been too much wandering around by the characters which I think is indicative of the writers trying to find a thread of a story to follow. But instead of having a true story, all we get are set-pieces, and now we have a deranged nut with a baseball that smiles and smirks on the posters advertising the show. Which screams to me, "Hey, look at me. I'm a dick and I'm cruel and will kill your friends, but you're going to really like me. Just look at this leather coat."

I have a feeling Negan is Kirkman's alter-ego because he probably got picked on in school.

But then, ahead, a man a tiger!!! I mean, what the hell??!??

if I wanted to go to a circus, I would. But I don't.

• Love 12

I've already accepted these deaths, as I'm totally spoiled.  And the cliffhanger pissed me off, so I refuse to give TPTB the satisfaction of me being upset about the deaths.  Whatevs.  These 2 actors will both have great careers after TWD, so I'll look forward to watching them in their new roles and cheering them on.  This episode will just be another in a long line of misery porn.

• Love 10

Q: Does anything happen to Carl?
A: Negan tells Rick he must chop Carl's arm off so that he'll truly realize Negan is in control. Rick eventually becomes resigned to do it but at the last second, Negan stops him. Mind fuck complete.

NOPE.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JackONeill said:

I'm very ambivalent about watching. First of all, I don't want to watch one of ours die a gruesome and meaningless death. Second, I don't want to give Kirkman the satisfaction. I think he's an overrated man-child.

if this show had stayed in the path seen in the first season, I think it would have been a much better show. There's been too much wandering around by the characters which I think is indicative of the writers trying to find a thread of a story to follow. But instead of having a true story, all we get are set-pieces, and now we have a deranged nut with a baseball that smiles and smirks on the posters advertising the show. Which screams to me, "Hey, look at me. I'm a dick and I'm cruel and will kill your friends, but you're going to really like me. Just look at this leather coat."

I have a feeling Negan is Kirkman's alter-ego because he probably got picked on in school.

But then, ahead, a man a tiger!!! I mean, what the hell??!??

if I wanted to go to a circus, I would. But I don't.

I seriously think the man is completely out of touch with reality.  I remember him being completely dumbfounded that people hated Father Gabriel and his asinine attempts to tell us why we should like him.  I have a feeling we have more of the same of that coming. 

• Love 8

Here is hoping that at this moment the producers and Kirkman are feeling smug and celebrating because the "leaked script" was gobbled up hook, line and sinker.  I thought the cliffhanger was heavy handed and manipulative.  Thus the idea of wanting to see Kirkman and crowd smug and celebrating is only possible because of how horrible the alternative would be.  If the leaked script (summarized in the spoiler Q&A above) is what appears on Sunday night there is nothing there to want to watch.  What was leaked reeks to me of a lack of faith that the threat to Rick and crew was enough, and that TPTB felt the need to keep upping the threat at the cost of character continuity.  The "leaked" story offers us what?  Dream sequences? Negan not being a man of his word (
which undermines his villainy) and worse doing the same a second time regarding Carl, just to rinse/repeat (forget feeding the eye to dad, just kill someone else and oh lets find another body part on Carl to issue false threats about....sigh).

I expected we would all watch the reign of Negan for a long while going forward, the slow burn of pain to our survivors as Negan basically enslaves them via terror.  What this "leaked" fodder does is shock, awe, shock, awe, shock and more awe for an hour or so, and then Maggie gets to the Hilltop, Daryl goes to jail and walkers eat leftovers...again, sigh.  One death is more than enough to make the survivors compromise for the time being, the rest is just using gore and violence as filler postponing for at least another week the audience mourning with the characters. 

So, I hope the leak is some great coup by Kirkman and the producers to distract and we see something more worthy of our time and patience Sunday. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peach said:

NOPE.

Wait, WTF?  There is no way in Hell that Rick would actually consider chopping off Carl's arm without being compelled with a threat so severe to consider it and that would be Negan threatening Judith.

Holy destroy Rick's characterization 101 Batman. Fuck you, Kirkman.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait, WTF?  There is no way in Hell that Rick would actually consider chopping off Carl's arm without being compelled with a threat so severe to consider it and that would be Negan threatening Judith.

Holy destroy Rick's characterization 101 Batman. Fuck you, Kirkman.

But Judith isn't there.   I'm sure it was chop his arm off or his brains get splattered instead.  Boy, can't wait to watch THAT scene happen.  Noooooope.

• Love 3
Just now, peach said:

But Judith isn't there.   I'm sure it was chop his arm off or his brains get splattered instead.  Boy, can't wait to watch THAT scene happen.  Noooooope.

If Negan and Co could manage to trap Rick and Co why couldn't they have gotten their hands on Judith? Maybe she's in Negan's trailer.

I can see your scenario. I hadn't considered that.  Ugh.

• Love 1

Think about it this way:

How many of the people Rick came to Alexandria with does he have to watch being beaten brutally and killed before he is willing to compromise?  (Remember he told Abraham and Carl distinctly this was not the time to fight, just by seeing the numbers and organization during the road trip.)  This leaked garbage indicates it takes two deaths, a zombie swarm fight survival and then finally only when his own bloodline is threatened does Rick give in enough to spare more bloodshed in a single event.  If the leak is real, the characterization of Rick is just wonky and we watch gore and tragedy for no purpose.  Frankly the same events spread over several episodes as a way to keep Rick in line makes way more sense than Rick just letting the slaughter go on and on unabated/without compromise in such a condensed time.  If it is done to make us feel angry with Rick's hubris, all it really does is show us a guy who looks like Rick but doesn't act like he is Rick.  We wind up angry with the writers, producers and such taking us out of the moments.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

all it really does is show us a guy who looks like Rick but doesn't act like he is Rick.  We wind up angry with the writers, producers and such taking us out of the moments.

Welcome to the party, pal!  lol  Didn't you watch season 6? 

• Love 7

I have such an irrational hatred for Kirkman and Gimple, two people I've never met and never will meet.  They have dumbed down these characters so much to move their stupid, poorly thought out plots along, especially Rick.  

Kj4ever, I would love to be able to hug your post and send Spoil the Dead candy and flowers.

Edited by NurseGiGi
Spelling
  • Love 4

At this point, it doesn't even matter to me who it is. I believe that it is Abe and Glenn based on the spoilers, and I will miss Glenn and even feel a bit sorry for Abraham. I just don't understand how the show thinks that playing Negan up in all the promos is the way to go. How is that fun? How is it something to look forward to?  The show could have spent an entire season on civilization building in Alexandria, and I think it would have been better for it. 

• Love 10

I really loved this show, and I never, ever sought out spoilers.  I think I'm done. I have no desire to watch this play out, none.  And I really, really resent Jeffrey Dean Morgan and how he is being hailed as the greatest thing ever.  I really find the actor over the top and obnoxious. I am not a comic book reader, but as a tv series watcher, this is just not the show I want to watch anymore. The creators/producers etc. are so smug and proud of themselves and it is such a turn off. No thanks. 

• Love 7

So, now The Spoiling Dead on facebook is pulling back from further spoilers because of people spreading them around.  Sounds like they are going to move to some pay-per-view system.  From their FB page:

Consider this the last episode spoiler we will be posting on this page. Shiny and I have discussed this and made some necessary decisions. This page has become too much of a beast. It's just not working the way we want anymore. We are tired of being constantly hassled because of all of the assholes that post our info where it doesn't belong. We have reached a point where we are too big and we need to adapt. Spoilers are about to get a whole lot more exclusive. We are done pulling our hair out over something that used to be a fun hobby.
-Ninja

I don't think there will ever be another cliffhanger/spoiler situation quite as big as this one, anyway.

Further details:

We won't be shutting down the page. We will keep it up for filming, casting news, spoiler articles and that kinda thing. It's just episodes spoilers will no longer be on this page. We have an idea we are working on to make it more exclusive and weed out the inconsiderate assholes. We'll explain our plan in the upcoming week.

Edited by peach
added details
  • Love 1

Hmm...I don't know if I'm willing to pay for that.

The end of season 6 has been a cluster for everyone involved in even adjacent way: fans, actors, showrunners, etc. I'm mad that the season of Richonne has such a ruinous tinge to it.

• Love 1