Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: High-Like

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I was expecting to see Beyoncé, not Lawrence, lol.  

Tiffany might want to befriend some fellow parents, or join a mommy-to-be group, if she hasn’t already.  Her friends just don’t understand what she’s going through, and she feels isolated.  

• Love 10

Lawrence! Squee! However, damn you, show, ‘cause I’m feeling the Nanceford. 

Kelly’s “remember me different!” was the best. I laughed out loud. 

I love it when all the girls get together. 

• Love 17

It was suppose to be a girl's weekend.

But Molly can't relax because of the job, Issa is actually terrified about leaving her job, though Lyft will make some days adventurous, Tiffany is feeling left out and alienated and Kelli is on edibles.

It might not have been the last hurrah just for Tiffany.

Yvonne Orji said on Wining Down "we fooled y'all" about Lawrence being in this season.

But Lawrence and Issa had that "final" hookup in the old apartment last season and it was suppose to be kind of like closure?  Seemed like Issa didn't pursue it, but decided to move on or at least try.

So maybe this chance meeting in Palm Springs is suppose to change things between the two of them?  Right after she and Houston connected in the ferris wheel the night before?

Unless one or more of the girls broadcasted their weekend plans on social media or something and Lawrence went out there ...

1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

I.fell.out. when Kelli got tased.

I know the image of Kelli making a run for it and getting dropped was suppose to be played for laughs but she had just complained about not being treated fairly for racial reasons and then she gets tased?

Of course it's not that kind of show and black professionals are not suppose to be mistreated ...

• Love 1

Issa really annoyed me in the first part of the episode.  The banging of pans was so obnoxious.  As was her telling Kelli not to lay down.  I get that she wants to party but pregnant girl is pregnant. 

The second half was better, although I've never been a huge fan of everyone gets high stories. 

I was wondering if Lawrence would show up.  Part of me felt like he wasn't going to be in this season given the fact that weren't even trying to keep him in the conversation by showing where he was.  But when the actor who played Lawrence said something earlier in the season about not knowing whether he was in the season because they had filmed four and he wasn't in it---I suspected he'd show up.  There's no way he wouldn't know if it was going to be in the season once it was that far into filming. 

• Love 2

So much to process.  

• Lyft episodes ended with old boy from Issa’s old apartment. “Brenshaw Mall”. I hollered!
  • Molly trying to be the superstar at work and can’t enjoy a Girls’ Weekend. 
  • Kelli on edibles. “Who’s laughing!” Me and you both Kelli. ?
  • Issa banging the pans and changing the plans when Nanceford finally hit her up. 
  • “Your touch is so touchy.”  Yaaaaassss!
  • Sex on the Ferris Wheel.  Why are there never any condoms around?
  • THE FIGHT!!! 
  • Kelli getting tased. “Remember me better!”  I died!!!???
  • The girls’ reactions to the Molly—Issa = horny, Molly = emotional/paranoid, Tiffany = weepy, and of course Kelli = rage/anger. 
  • Tiffany’s realization that things will change after the baby is born. ?
  • And finally, LAWRENCE!!!!

I can’t wait for next Sunday. 

• Love 8

I was all kinds of “nope, nopitty, nope-nope-nope” when Lawrence showed up. Show, you were doing so well! 

Sex on a ferris wheel? Get it, Issa!

Kelli was right, it’s messed up that they were the only ones that got kicked out. That one chick jumped Molly for no reason!

”I don’t know what this shit means but I know it’s wrong.” ?

• Love 8

I can only hope that Kelly and Lawrence's realtor friend get together at Coachella...both of them are hilarious. It's crazy how a big town like LA can seem so small and you keep running into the same people again and again and sometimes it makes it hard to move on. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Tiffany might want to befriend some fellow parents, or join a mommy-to-be group, if she hasn’t already.  Her friends just don’t understand what she’s going through, and she feels isolated.  

Yep. Everything changes with a baby, and you DO need to make mom friends. Preferably neighborhood mom friends but online groups can be wonderful too (I've been in one for 5 years and we even plan get togethers in person sometimes, those ladies know shit about me I've never told anyone). ESPECIALLY if you're the only one in your friend group to have a baby (or even be married! It's amazing she's hung in there this long). No one has done anything wrong, but people become different when they move into different life phases. That scene in the car gutted me. 

I cackled at seeing Chad, and then boom LAWRENCE. He's still hot. But Nathan is hotter, that ferris wheel scene was so hot I didn't even get mad that they didn't use protection. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I can only hope that Kelly and Lawrence's realtor friend get together at Coachella...both of them are hilarious. 

I think Chad is engaged.  Although he and Kelly would be hilarious as a couple.

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The second half was better, although I've never been a huge fan of everyone gets high stories. 

Same.  The whole gag dragged out.  Issa was teasing that we needed to watch the whole episode, so I knew something was going to happen by the end.  I honestly thought Beyoncé was going to cameo.

• Love 1

That sex scene WAS hot, as was the part where Nanceford realized how high Issa was and started stroking her skin. I am a pretty tactile person, so that was erotic.

1 hour ago, Tooch said:

Yep. Everything changes with a baby, and you DO need to make mom friends. Preferably neighborhood mom friends but online groups can be wonderful too (I've been in one for 5 years and we even plan get togethers in person sometimes, those ladies know shit about me I've never told anyone). ESPECIALLY if you're the only one in your friend group to have a baby (or even be married! It's amazing she's hung in there this long). No one has done anything wrong, but people become different when they move into different life phases. That scene in the car gutted me. 

I cackled at seeing Chad, and then boom LAWRENCE. He's still hot. But Nathan is hotter, that ferris wheel scene was so hot I didn't even get mad that they didn't use protection. 

I never liked Tiffany but I felt sorry for her there. It does seem like Issa, Molly, and Kelli aren't really trying to understand what Tiffany is going through. I don't have kids but I have friends who are parents that I'm still close with (when both of you want to make it work, you do, and I like kids so I'm happy to fold them into hanging out if that's what makes sense), but I also know that particularly for first kids, other parent advice is really helpful. 

I laughed so many times. I was happy to see B-dude back, I fell out when Molly was over-sharing, and I cracked up when Kelli was like "Who's laughing?" Also "I don't fuck with ghosts!" And the last scene where they were all totally unraveled and high and messed up was hilarious. "I don't know what this means but I know it's wrong."

I was fully unprepared for Lawrence. Even when Chad's ol' straw-sippin' ass showed up, I wasn't ready for Lawrence. I really did not think we were going to see him again, but I'm actually excited to see what he's been up to. But I like Nanceford!

"The Asian one" was cute, even though I don't usually get down with man buns.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Also "I don't fuck with ghosts!"

The ghosts/hallucination deflection thing was genius!

Here's the thing I didn't understand, maybe I missed something...why would Issa think all the girls are soooo mad at her?  Is it cuz she went to get the water and ended up riding the ferris wheel and not being there when all the sh*t first went down?  It seemed like it went deeper than that, but I couldn't follow...

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

That sex scene WAS hot, as was the part where Nanceford realized how high Issa was and started stroking her skin. I am a pretty tactile person, so that was erotic.

I never liked Tiffany but I felt sorry for her there. It does seem like Issa, Molly, and Kelli aren't really trying to understand what Tiffany is going through. I don't have kids but I have friends who are parents that I'm still close with (when both of you want to make it work, you do, and I like kids so I'm happy to fold them into hanging out if that's what makes sense), but I also know that particularly for first kids, other parent advice is really helpful. 

I laughed so many times. I was happy to see B-dude back, I fell out when Molly was over-sharing, and I cracked up when Kelli was like "Who's laughing?" Also "I don't fuck with ghosts!" And the last scene where they were all totally unraveled and high and messed up was hilarious. "I don't know what this means but I know it's wrong."

I was fully unprepared for Lawrence. Even when Chad's ol' straw-sippin' ass showed up, I wasn't ready for Lawrence. I really did not think we were going to see him again, but I'm actually excited to see what he's been up to. But I like Nanceford!

He was cute and seemed to be taking care of Molly. I hope she remembers him when she is more lucid.

I think the Tiffany thing is twofold. I never had any issues when my girlfriends got married and had kids. It was great being the fun auntie. I knew their lives would be different and it was cool. I think Tiffany has always been a little extra and the girls are sick of it. It is also because, truthfully from the outside, it does seem like that Tiffany has the marriage, career (I think she runs a successful gallery), and family thing on lock and the rest of them seem to be struggling with the balance (don't know about Kelly's situation though).   

I was way too happy to see good single dad Blood. I think Issa's party going crazy after he and his friend showed up was one of my favorite eisodes.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

Nathan > Lawrence.  Of course the ex shows up when one has finally moved on and is finding some happy.  If they can close the book on Issa/Daniel, they can close the book on Issa/Lawrence. 

Issa with the pans as a call back to Tanisha from Bad Girls Club? Genius. And I cried laughing when Kelli said "F it" and took off running before getting tased.

The ferris wheel sex was hot as hell.

Best episode of the season so far. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, qtpye said:

He was cute and seemed to be taking care of Molly. I hope she remembers him when she is more lucid.

I think the Tiffany thing is twofold. I never had any issues when my girlfriends got married and had kids. It was great being the fun auntie. I knew their lives would be different and it was cool. I think Tiffany has always been a little extra and the girls are sick of it. It is also because, truthfully from the outside, it does seem like that Tiffany has the marriage, career (I think she runs a successful gallery), and family thing on lock and the rest of them seem to be struggling with the balance (don't know about Kelly's situation though).   

I was way too happy to see good single dad Blood. I think Issa's party going crazy after he and his friend showed up was one of my favorite eisodes.

Kelli seems to have a solid career (she's got a big office and an assistant who she might or might not fuck), but she's single. However, we don't know enough about Kelli to know if she WANTS marriage and/or kids. They show her asking "Do you think I should fuck this person" but they don't really show her dating for real for real, and as far as I can remember, they haven't had any kind of exposition where they say she's all about sex and doesn't want to date at all. I don't think we know Kelli that well.

I have 100% known people who became completely smug when they got married and it only got worse with kids. We don't kick it anymore, not because they became parents but because they became assholes. I could see Tiffany going that way; she IS kind of smug about her marriage. I think that's why her vulnerability in the car hit me - she doesn't usually show it.

• Love 7

Your touch is so.......touchy will honestly be one of the giggliest things I've heard on tv.   Love build up.  I cringed a little but I was proud of Issa for not letting go of why didn't you call me?   

The fuddy in me was screaming at the ferris wheel.  Please Gawd no.   Don't get me wrong, it was hot, they cu'ute.   I love Issa's sexual agency, freedom, all that.   Now then.  Real quick, ya'll, what's Nathan's last name?   I'll wait.     

Right.  You see what I mean.  Ok Zdub, so what, we don't know it.   Mmmhmm.  She don't either.  And we ain't fuck him.  Regrettably.  heehee.   Focus.  Yes, in case you were wondering this was also my exact problem with Sex and the City.  No issues with the storylines themselves.   But at a certain point, your judgment and maturity naturally surpasses that kinda jumpoffery.  Tell that story at 25 and your girlfriends are like bish whet, start talking!  At 35?  If they don't look at you crazy you need a new squad.

Kelli?  Girl, I love you but start clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzpthat clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp shit clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp on clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp your clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp own clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp time clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp andclapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp your clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp own clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzp dime   

Bitch?  Coachella tickets are 5 bills for standing in the grass.   No. Maam.

I MAY.  May have forgiven her for "you left me in the field fighting The Whites"  and "don't remember me like this" 

4 hours ago, link417 said:

I was all kinds of “nope, nopitty, nope-nope-nope” when Lawrence showed up. Show, you were doing so well! 

Sex on a ferris wheel? Get it, Issa!

Kelli was right, it’s messed up that they were the only ones that got kicked out. That one chick jumped Molly for no reason!

”I don’t know what this shit means but I know it’s wrong.” ?

I want you to tell  me if we need to go back and Zapruder.   Kelli laid hands first.   She walked up and slickmouthed, the girl on her man's shoulders slickmouthed back, she called her a whole-milk drinking bitch (ya'll, my stomach? lol!!!) - ole girl got down and Kelli charged her.  I don't know who jumped on Molly but witnesses would've told Coachella jail C.O.s Jill Scott started it, sooooo.    But lemme know Beloved, I ain't doing nothing tonight, I'll watch it withchu again lol.

@Empress1 chiiiiiiile.   Chad.  Sis?  I wasn't ready.   Even down to the "you see this shit"  I should've KNOWN he was talking to Lawrence, who the hell else was he gonna be talking to?  Then I got mad.  I was like nooooooo, leave the past in the past.   And?  even madder:  Wait a minute necro, you got Coachella money but laid up on the bouch munching through my fruit loops for 2 years?  Hold my earrings.  

12 hours ago, scrb said:

But Lawrence and Issa had that "final" hookup in the old apartment last season and it was suppose to be kind of like closure?  Seemed like Issa didn't pursue it, but decided to move on or at least try.

7 struggle strokes.   Can we really remember this, fondly even, as a hookup?  Lol. 

Who else was surprised when Tiff took a little sip of the rose and a brownie bite?   Then confessing her whole soul to Darryl?/Darren?  

The pan banging in the morning didn't bother me because (a) I'm obnoxious that same way and (b) she explained in her cheer:  I got too much sleep last night.   Lmao!!

Thug Yoda!!!!!  Lol.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, scrb said:

It was suppose to be a girl's weekend.

But Molly can't relax because of the job, Issa is actually terrified about leaving her job, though Lyft will make some days adventurous, Tiffany is feeling left out and alienated and Kelli is on edibles.

It might not have been the last hurrah just for Tiffany.

Yvonne Orji said on Wining Down "we fooled y'all" about Lawrence being in this season.

So maybe this chance meeting in Palm Springs is suppose to change things between the two of them?  Right after she and Houston connected in the ferris wheel the night before?

Unless one or more of the girls broadcasted their weekend plans on social media or something and Lawrence went out there ...

I know the image of Kelli making a run for it and getting dropped was suppose to be played for laughs but she had just complained about not being treated fairly for racial reasons and then she gets tased?

Of course it's not that kind of show and black professionals are not suppose to be mistreated ...

Sometimes someone getting tired for trying to break into a venue they just got kicked out for fighting is just what it is and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The fuddy in me was screaming at the ferris wheel.  Please Gawd no.   Don't get me wrong, it was hot, they cu'ute.   I love Issa's sexual agency, freedom, all that.   Now then.  Real quick, ya'll, what's Nathan's last name?   I'll wait.     

Right.  You see what I mean.  Ok Zdub, so what, we don't know it.   Mmmhmm.  She don't either.  And we ain't fuck him.  Regrettably.  heehee.   Focus.  Yes, in case you were wondering this was also my exact problem with Sex and the City.  No issues with the storylines themselves.   But at a certain point, your judgment and maturity naturally surpasses that kinda jumpoffery.  Tell that story at 25 and your girlfriends are like bish whet, start talking!  At 35?  If they don't look at you crazy you need a new squad.

As much as I'm over here trying to figure out how I can meet a Nanceford, I was screaming at the TV, "Not without protection, gurrrllll!!!!!"  No last name = condom please!  I mean, I get that judgement was impaired and all, but still....

9 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

And?  even madder:  Wait a minute necro, you got Coachella money but laid up on the bouch munching through my fruit loops for 2 years?  Hold my earrings.  

LMAO!  I also just about died at Chad just sipping his drink while his eyes were darting back and forth between Issa and Lawrence.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Chad!  I squealed.  Then I squealed even louder at Lawrence.  This season got interesting in a hurry.

Kelli = MVP.

Issa and Nanceford are SO cute together.  They kinda finish each others....sandwiches.  And that Ferris Wheel hook-up?  HOT!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

“Ol’ straw sippin’ ass...” Now that’s funny!!! ??

I want to try an edible and I want hot sex on a Ferris wheel. ?

Add- I hate autocorrect.

Edited by announcergirl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I totally forgot about “I don’t fuq with ghost!”  

I didn’t realize how much I missed Chad until his “ol’ straw sippin’ ass” showed up. He had some of the best one-liners. 

• Love 7

Lawrence! I was unprepared! So very unprepared!

Lots of hilarious scenes and lines, from "I dont fuck with ghosts!" to "remember me different", that was hilarious, even though I did feel bad for everyone getting kicked out. They were so close to Beyonce!

I agree with others that Tiffany should try to join some new mom groups, or make some mom friends from her neighborhood. Not that she has to ditch her other friends, but she could probably find a better balance if she had some friends who could relate to her struggles being pregnant, and later, with a kid. 

• Love 3

Thug Yoda! Hearing him and Issa yell, "OH SHIT!" was the hilarious. I thought was going to be the biggest surprise of the night and then Chad and his shady straw showed up at 7/11!

On 9/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, Empress1 said:

I have 100% known people who became completely smug when they got married and it only got worse with kids. We don't kick it anymore, not because they became parents but because they became assholes. I could see Tiffany going that way; she IS kind of smug about her marriage.

Yaaaaaasss, this is so true! I like kids and I understand that having one changes a lot of things about your life and that's fine. It's the smug asshole attitude that's a problem, not the baby. Since Tiffany was already smug and kind of an asshole before she got pregnant, I can totally picture her becoming one of those super annoying parents who is always bragging about how amazing her precious little one is and not wanting to talk about anything else.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:03 AM, luckyroll3 said:

As much as I'm over here trying to figure out how I can meet a Nanceford, I was screaming at the TV, "Not without protection, gurrrllll!!!!!"  No last name = condom please!  I mean, I get that judgement was impaired and all, but still....

Seriously. I know that Issa can be impulsive and I'm sure that being high didn't help matters, but I was like girl, you have no idea if he has STDs! On the other hand, how could Issa on Molly resist having sex with the hot new guy on a ferris wheel?

• Love 2

The condom issue was mentioned last year, too.  Issa said in an interview that they were using condoms, they just weren’t showing it.  

But it’s hard to imply that happened on the Ferris wheel, because the hookup happened so fast.  Didn’t Nathan pull her panties to the side?

• Love 1