Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/9/2019 at 6:53 AM, sATL said:

Right. If her goal was to get to the surgeon general  office-  it makes some sense  to work in the state health  administration first to gain exposure and experience.  ga state university  is at most 6 blocks  from the Capitol  and state  office bldg in downtown  Atlanta. I 'm sure they have a decent  master of public  health degree program.

ITA...the CDC headquarters...there in Atlanta...

Seems there would be good program in area...although she mentioned Nashville was more affordable and only one year.

I would think it’d be worth being affiliated with CDC if one’s goal is surgeon general...regardless of the time or affordability...the Fast Track isn’t always “fastest” but has more advantages in long run...

just my opinion...not sure...but this is my understanding 

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

two seasons ago.. she was like a DR sub.. they called her when the office was short handed.

Last season was all about the ta-tas..

Or was that the same season ??

I think that was the same season, but I'm not 100% sure. Is this her third season? I think the first season she was on, it was mommy guilt and quitting, plus Miss Renee? The second found her working again and she had the breast surgery. Now we find her with this public health plan.

If this is her fourth season, there is something I'm missing. Maybe Miss Renee was her first season, mommy guilt/quitting medicine was her second, and the return to work/breast surgery was her third, and now she's got the MPH thing?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

anybody get the feeling Heavenly is trying a little to hard to be wife and mother ?

Her family seems annoyed with her.... 

Husband is so happy to have a chance to go into a room and make beats....

Teenager - wow.... wants distance and is a little snappy about saying so..Next few years should in interesting..🍿

Dr. Damon is probably dreading the day when its just the two of them in the house..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

anybody get the feeling Heavenly is trying a little to hard to be wife and mother ?

Her family seems annoyed with her.... 

Husband is so happy to have a chance to go into a room and make beats....

Teenager - wow.... wants distance and is a little snappy about saying so..Next few years should in interesting..🍿

Dr. Damon is probably dreading the day when its just the two of them in the house..

I just saw episode...and wondered about that also...

Teenage girls can be a tough situation during certain times..for sure...and “Daddy” certainly DID seem to really enjoy his alone time...but out of all the couples...I think they have the most genuine respect for each other...to the point they won’t fake issues for camera time (I feel Contessa might be inching toward that sitch).

I have a hard time with Dr Heavenly squeak voice and all...but I do believe she holds nothing back...and isn’t postering herself continuously.

Im not happy she is up Quad’s ass...Hell I hate it when ANY of the cast members of any show are brown nosing another.

Id like to believe if any turmoil occurred with them...they’d just LEAVE the show...

...and as many times I thought Heavenly was wrong...I have to say...she (they) have made me flat out laugh more than any other fam on the show.

I have a real hard time with Quad...she is habitually gaslighting people...to quick with excuses...and generally very pretentious and arrogant. I believe she never lets people close because she has too much to hide...the facade she has created for herself isn’t backed in points of fact. So she scurries away...keeping everybody on the surface...including her ex-husband. Something doesn’t quite ring true for her persona...The affected speech/enunciation...etc...comes across phony...to me...

just my opinion...

• Love 11
20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

But was I the only one who saw a potential gaping hole in Mariah's story?  Last episode Toya told us that Mariah took the cocaine test that goes back ten years.  Ok, haven't Quad and Mariah friends going back more than 10 years?  As long as Quad saw Mariah doing the drugs ten years and one day ago, her story can be true, and Mariah's test can be accurate.

I’ve been retired for over four years, the science of drug testing is always changing. My understanding is that you have to test hair follicles to get a timeline. So if one gets haircuts regularly, how can you get a ten year timeline. 

and good for Jackie for not getting involved with the drug testing fiasco. She’s not an expert in the field, why poor her in that predicament. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I would think it’d be worth being affiliated with CDC if one’s goal is surgeon general...regardless of the time or affordability...the Fast Track isn’t always “fastest” but has more advantages in long run...

The Surgeon General is a political appointee; they almost never come from the agency in which they work.  I think if you were a career person at the CDC, you would almost have zero chance at being the Surgeon General.

I honestly don't know what to make of Contessa's storyline this year.  Weren't she and her husband in the Army?  My husband and I were in the Air Force; we had to juggle careers.  For us, we agreed on our direction personally and professionally as a family and tried our best to make it work for us.  We were looking at-long term, not how the next two months would work. The next two months generally work for young couples.

(Too lazy to look at Contessa's husband's name), when Scott (?) said he never signed on for this, I almost threw my TV out the window.  REALLY?  Contessa never once mentioned this when she was contemplating the admission to school, the  move, the renting of an apt, and the driving away? PUSSY. Grow up, asshole.

This show has a lot of unnecessary drama and this storyline is one of them.  The other/Mariah/Quad/Drugs *NOBODY CARES*

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Nah fam, I'm with Drivethroo on this one.    Your what now?

giphy.gif

Stay with a slick mouth, you finna lose door hinges, curtain, lampshade, allat.  

My Trinidadian friend grew up in a house with four kids - two boys and two girls. The only room that had a door was the bathroom. Dad said "you'll get doors when you earn them". She finally installed the door to her room when she moved back home after relocating from ATL - at thirty.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Jackie thinks she is the Grand Poobah when it comes to behavior and friendship. Why can’t they go on a trip for FUN and quit with the emotional touch freely crap?! Perhaps if the focus was to have a fun, relaxing trip, then they could make some new memories and create friendship organically. 

Mariah protested a bit too much about the drug allegations- if it was really untrue she probably would have just laughed it off and let it bounce right off. 

I don’t doubt the allegations against Quad sleeping with Mariah’s brother in law either- clearly she didn’t marry her ex for his good looks, personality, or prowess between the sheets, so it doesn’t seem a stretch that she would do that. 

Toya and Eugene are weird, but fun! 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t doubt the allegations against Quad sleeping with Mariah’s brother in law either- clearly she didn’t marry her ex for his good looks, personality, or prowess between the sheets, so it doesn’t seem a stretch that she would do that. 

I think some of her hometown friends even said that Greg wasn't the kind of man Quad typically went for.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Mariah protested a bit too much about the drug allegations- if it was really untrue she probably would have just laughed it off and let it bounce right off. 

Plus, the more she protests the more it will keep being talked about!  Which is what makes me think she is really only so upset about this for the drama.  It's not like Quad said she was a drug addict - she said she one time saw Mariah using drugs.  As someone else has pointed out, Quad also didn't say what type of drug Mariah was allegedly using.  Heck, I'm a pretty strict rule follower and even I have smoked marijuana before.  I'm tired of hearing about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Is Quad saying she did it recently or years ago.  If it was years ago, who cares?  I did many things in my 20’s and 30’s that I would never do now.  I am totally different now, but if someone brought it up I wouldn’t care. Yeah I did it, don’t do it now, moving on.  I don’t understand why the hysterionics

• Love 3

Episode 8:

"Food for Thought"

Jackie butts heads with Curtis over the rising costs of their renovations; Contessa gives her father a new smile courtesy of Dr. Heavenly; Simone and Cecil give Miles a wake-up call about his future; Quad celebrates her birthday and her new cookbook.

Airs October 27, 2019.

I recently saw Jackie on WWHL; I found her repugnant.  She said she couldn't look at Mariah's drug test results because she is a Physician.  She would have to ask too many questions.  Uh, no Jack-ass.  You aren't HER physician.  Couldn't you just say you don't need to see the results; you believe her? How hard is that?

Let's be clear, physicians aren't special people, they are normal people with special training.  I very much appreciate what they do.  I so wish the other wives, when she pontificates from her throne, to say they don't understand why she stayed with Curtis.  It isn't like they have kids together.

Quad, nobody believes you married your man out of love.  I believe the BIL story.

Guess that is all I've got for now.

• Love 13

These women live on a whole different planet from me:

Mariah during Ramadan brings up Quad so one of her friends can call Quad a ho - now, I’m not Muslim but I really don’t think that is the purpose of Ramadan

Jackie spending $250,000 to renovate a gorgeous house which had Curtis sweating bullets - that I found highly enjoyable and entertaining because I think she’s just going to make Curtis pay - many times over - I’m for that.

I just can’t with Contessa - what a passive-aggressive self focused wife and parent. We only see what the editing monkeys want us to see, but bringing adult parent conversations to the children to make them pick sides, NO, NO, NO. 
and fixing you’re father’s teeth is not going to fix any part of your relationship. She’s on my last nerve.

Quad - a book release party with a DJ, acrobats and human butterflies? - these Bravo shows keep trying to top themselves - that’s just beyond stupid and weird.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

These women live on a whole different planet from me:

Mariah during Ramadan brings up Quad so one of her friends can call Quad a ho - now, I’m not Muslim but I really don’t think that is the purpose of Ramadan

I just died laughing 🤣 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Thoughts...

Cecil and Simone babied Miles, then expected him to be grown & responsible the minute he graduated from HS.  That's not how it works.  You're still waking him for class and checking to see if he's doing homework? That's silly.  They need to say, "we'll pay for the college you're at.  You're responsible for waking up, getting to class on time and turning in your assignments.  If you fail, that's it. If you decide to go back to college, you will foot the bill on your own."

I understand why Mariah would be upset at the drug accusations...she's a mother and people could be looking at her sideways, especially since the time period Quad claims Mariah was doing cocaine was when her children were infants/toddlers.

However, Mariah doing tew much. You don't need to be talking about Quad at the Ramadan dinner. Stop it.

Simone and Toya just wanted an excuse not to be at Quad's party.

Contessa is passive aggressive and that's what's going to kill her marriage to Scott.  She needs to stop with the games.  I'm tired of it.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I just can’t with Contessa - what a passive-aggressive self focused wife and parent. We only see what the editing monkeys want us to see, but bringing adult parent conversations to the children to make them pick sides, NO, NO, NO. 
and fixing you’re father’s teeth is not going to fix any part of your relationship. She’s on my last nerve.

I came here to say she is passive-aggressive as hell!  She even did it to her father.  She said something along the lines of "this will make up for all the times you missed".   She is an accomplished, beautiful woman.   I guess she needs therapy (like the rest of us).  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Cecil and Simone babied Miles, then expected him to be grown & responsible the minute he graduated from HS.  That's not how it works.  You're still waking him for class and checking to see if he's doing homework? That's silly. 

And doing his laundry?! When they had busy jobs and whatnot? I wish I would. I hope they nipped that in the bud with their younger son, but I doubt it.

Quad is so extra. I laughed at the woman in the Barnes & Noble line who was waving the cast members along. I'm pretty sure the man who Quad called "Indiana Jones" was the man RHOA Cynthia was dating a few seasons ago.

Heavenly's blonde hair is really driving me nuts - it clashes with her skin and is too brassy.

Contessa really is passive aggressive. I am glad her dad was able to get some new teeth. I don't like Heavenly but I thought she was really great with Contessa's dad.

• Love 3

I don't get this season.  Everyone is just going through the motions.  Jackie and Simone haven't even met for lunch yet.

I realized last night that, with the obvious exception of Contessa, who will always be my least favorite on principle, I dislike Quad second-most.  Earlier this season, I posted that if we can just have six eps in a row where Quad doesn't boom, "It's good to be seen," I would be happy.  She didn't technically say that, but when the women showed up to Quad's book signing and she bellowed, "it's nice to be celebrated," it did something to my soul.  This bitch just thinks things are coming to her, like she is Beyonce.  I think she even said "Beyonce" last night in some comparison to herself.

I don't get her, I don't like her, I don't like the fact that she threw a huge party in what looked like a warehouse to celebrate herself and the fact that she is the big 3-8 (and "no wrinkles" yeah, a lot of 38 year olds have "no wrinkles" in full makeup, Botox, and perfect lighting), complete with an outfit change, a goddamn microphone when she is already miked, a $92k car she bought...for herself?  And, if this party was supposed to be about her recipes, I find it hilarious that the food that Quad tasted, that was prepared by the chef she hired, didn't come out right.  

Call me crazy, but I like Heavenly, Toya and Simone.  I loved Jackie until she started pimping herself out for every Bravo show and her shadiness toward Mariah.  If she can give a statement about chlamydia to Southern Charm, she can read Mariah's drug test.  Doctor, heal thyself. Mariah is just too wounded to be here.  She surrounds herself with yes-men and sycophants, but at least she doesn't treat life like a passion play the way that Quad does.  They had to flash back to season two to find that stupid chariot/tomato throwing comment from Mariah, but it seems like Quad says or does something like that every single episode.  Ugh, I cannot stand her!

What this show does not need is Cynthia Bailey.  I am, however, really looking forward to the return of Heavenly's therapist and "my, my, my."

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't get this season.  Everyone is just going through the motions.  Jackie and Simone haven't even met for lunch yet.

I realized last night that, with the obvious exception of Contessa, who will always be my least favorite on principle, I dislike Quad second-most.  Earlier this season, I posted that if we can just have six eps in a row where Quad doesn't boom, "It's good to be seen," I would be happy.  She didn't technically say that, but when the women showed up to Quad's book signing and she bellowed, "it's nice to be celebrated," it did something to my soul.  This bitch just thinks things are coming to her, like she is Beyonce.  I think she even said "Beyonce" last night in some comparison to herself.

I don't get her, I don't like her, I don't like the fact that she threw a huge party in what looked like a warehouse to celebrate herself and the fact that she is the big 3-8 (and "no wrinkles" yeah, a lot of 38 year olds have "no wrinkles" in full makeup, Botox, and perfect lighting), complete with an outfit change, a goddamn microphone when she is already miked, a $92k car she bought...for herself?  And, if this party was supposed to be about her recipes, I find it hilarious that the food that Quad tasted, that was prepared by the chef she hired, didn't come out right.  

Call me crazy, but I like Heavenly, Toya and Simone.  I loved Jackie until she started pimping herself out for every Bravo show and her shadiness toward Mariah.  If she can give a statement about chlamydia to Southern Charm, she can read Mariah's drug test.  Doctor, heal thyself. Mariah is just too wounded to be here.  She surrounds herself with yes-men and sycophants, but at least she doesn't treat life like a passion play the way that Quad does.  They had to flash back to season two to find that stupid chariot/tomato throwing comment from Mariah, but it seems like Quad says or does something like that every single episode.  Ugh, I cannot stand her!

What this show does not need is Cynthia Bailey.  I am, however, really looking forward to the return of Heavenly's therapist and "my, my, my."

DITTO to all of the above...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Did I hear that contessa expected her former office to still have an opening for the position she vacated??? After how many months???

You did. She is really insufferable. I would like to see both Contessa and Mariah hit the road.  I'm tired of Mariah squawking about the drug allegations and to bring it up at the Ramadan dinner table was a really rotten and disrespectful thing to do. And, now the opening song is ruined because there are too many names.

I'm also not here for this Buffie chick.

Cecil and Simone were good with Miles about Berkeley. Like, dude, you need to have most excellent grades and some discipline. I get the feeling that Michael is the sensible child.

• Love 8

Quadrafinka? When you buy yourself the pimp of all the hoe ass Lexuses, why is you torturing us with some Miss Pearline Applewhite acting lessons when the lady from the dealearship shows up to your invitation only party and asks you to ask your guests to follow you outside.  Girl wh'y?  

7 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

I came here to say she is passive-aggressive as hell!  She even did it to her father.  She said something along the lines of "this will make up for all the times you missed".   She is an accomplished, beautiful woman.   I guess she needs therapy (like the rest of us).  

When he took out his gold and diamond fronts.  She said she'd never seen it out of his mouth, then I don't remember if was Contessa or Heavenly but one of em counted out loud how many "teeth" spots there were, then Tess said one for each year you missed.

tenor.gif

Forgiveness inna Bible.   If ya'll find a scripture about forgetting, I ain't going nowhere, pull up outside. 

Mariah, Ramadan called.  He said 
giphy.gif  

Jackie told Curtis that 360 is how much it would've cost to educate the baby she never had.  Snatched the dumbass thing he was finna say directly out his larynx before he got it into the ozone real good.  I need one of you millennials to pm me so I can turn that video clip into my iWatch face.   He said that is not the cost of raising a baby.  She said my baby would've gone to Harvard or Yale, so.................

tenor.gif?itemid=5381712 

Ayyyyund then, she called it a "steal"

speaking-head-in-silhouette_1f5e3.png keep fucking wid him sis! 

Dr. Walters shoulda been a surgeon cause these was some straight cuts lol! 

Cur-tis?  That lady way smarter than you, down to them people medical school program for 50 leven years.  Gone and shut your silly ole barrassin ass up.    Now Jackie, I do have to state this for the record:  I don't understand the philosophy behind draining the pockets of a man for whom you're the primary beneficiary, nor paying a renovation cost equivalent to knocking that whole shit down and starting over, but ayy, any day I get to see Curtis land square on that ugly ass face goiter is a good day (™'Cube).  

When Simone tells that child I thought you were gonna be a doctor, I said Myles Whitmore?

giphy.gif

gurl g'head.     

Now look.  Somebody has to work for city services.  It's decent pay with great benefits.   Re-orient your attention on Michael.  You gone get to see at least one graduation and some caramel grandbabies.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Cur-tis?  That lady way smarter than you, down to them people medical school program for 50 leven years.  Gone and shut your silly ole barrassin ass up.    Now Jackie, I do have to state this for the record:  I don't understand the philosophy behind draining the pockets of a man for whom you're the primary beneficiary, nor paying a renovation cost equivalent to knocking that whole shit down and starting over, but ayy, any day I get to see Curtis land square on that ugly ass face goiter is a good day (™'Cube).  

When Simone tells that child I thought you were gonna be a doctor, I said Myles Whitmore?

See, Myles always struck me as pretty nerdy! I wonder if he got a taste of freedom and just went wild? Freshman year I lived next door to someone from a very strict Indian family and she just couldn't control herself once she had a bit of freedom. She was petite AND had no frame of reference for alcohol, so she didn't know her limits. We feared alcohol poisoning with her more than once. (I think she dropped out after sophomore year.)

I'm not sure why Cecil and Simone want him to transfer anyway. Georgia State is fine and probably cheaper than anywhere else he was looking. Maybe they just want him out their house? But then couldn't they just tell him to move out?

Jackie really got Curtis good. When she said that part about Harvard and Yale, that was an "And I ... oop!" moment. But I'm with you - I don't understand why she wants to spend that much of her own money. She could have a whole other house for that! Why didn't they build something?

So Quad's G-Wagon that she bought, what, two seasons ago isn't doing it for her? Or is this Lexus in addition to and not instead of? (I'm not into cars. If I had fuck-you money I would be like Monique "I have five homes" Samuels, but I wouldn't bother with multiple cars.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Empress1 said:

See, Myles always struck me as pretty nerdy! I wonder if he got a taste of freedom and just went wild? Freshman year I lived next door to someone from a very strict Indian family and she just couldn't control herself once she had a bit of freedom. She was petite AND had no frame of reference for alcohol, so she didn't know her limits. We feared alcohol poisoning with her more than once. (I think she dropped out after sophomore year.)

I'm not sure why Cecil and Simone want him to transfer anyway. Georgia State is fine and probably cheaper than anywhere else he was looking. Maybe they just want him out their house? But then couldn't they just tell him to move out?

Jackie really got Curtis good. When she said that part about Harvard and Yale, that was an "And I ... oop!" moment. But I'm with you - I don't understand why she wants to spend that much of her own money. She could have a whole other house for that! Why didn't they build something?

So Quad's G-Wagon that she bought, what, two seasons ago isn't doing it for her? Or is this Lexus in addition to and not instead of? (I'm not into cars. If I had fuck-you money I would be like Monique "I have five homes" Samuels, but I wouldn't bother with multiple cars.)

Girl coddled and/or sheltered aren't ready for it.  I spoiled mine too but at the end of the day I told her pressure either makes diamonds or coal, you decide which one.  And hurry up about it, I could be on the French Riviera with my thigh meat out in the sun.  All this damn tuition.

How, Beloved?  This child's only responsibility thus far has been to study.  He messed semi-independence all the way up.  Move out?  Nomaam.   That's how you make 50 year old brokeasses trading dick for some lady's sofabed.

Lol!!!!  I almost wrote this but I thought I would've lost ya'll

giphy.gif

I should recuse.  Lol.  A bish been known to stunt on em from time to time.   Like Quadrafinka, I too, am a car-nista.  The problem is depreciation and I get along like this here:

tenor.gif?itemid=12392211

Finally got rid of that old American heaux I used to drive and the thing I replaced her with is my dream car, but it's a toddler, I just can't bring myself to spend a grip on a thing that won't ever increase in value.  If it don't make dollars............come on through fam, it don't make what ..........?   lol!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

How, Beloved?  This child's only responsibility thus far has been to study.  He messed semi-independence all the way up.  Move out?  Nomaam.   That's how you make 50 year old brokeasses trading dick for some lady's sofabed.

I was watching this and thinking about my ma. She let us go off to school all "La, la, la" when it came to listening to her about studying. And then when that first report card came back, if you did have it on point you came home...and went to school locally...and worked...double shifts...so you could afford the rent she charged you. None of us screwed up more than one semester, and as the youngest, I knew what was up and kept my partying within reason.

I don't know why Simone thought that bringing that boy home and having him go to 13th grade would make him ready to go back to school. He should have come home and worked the night shift at Amazon for six months plus paid his own bills and gas. Then he's have some incentive to get better. And Curtis is even worse. Why is he washing another grown man's dirty drawers?

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

R, I ownknow why it won't let me quote your whole post - probably because I'm on the floor at: 

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

so you could afford the rent she charged you. None of us screwed up more than

and

I don't know why Simone thought that bringing that boy home and having him go to 13th grade

not 13th grade???? 

200.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

having him go to 13th grade

I AM DEAD.

I had a friend in undergrad who fucked up his first year and his father read him for filth and told him he had ONE semester to get his shit together or that was it for him - and his father was really wealthy, so he could afford to lose Ivy tuition. But like ... why should he? (His father's rant was his screen saver sophomore year, for motivation. That's how I know his father dragged him. His father came to visit that year and we met him, and we were all "Hello, sir, how do you do?" because we knew he didn't fuck around. You do not want to upset someone who you know takes no shit AND who could buy and sell you.) 

Simone and Cecil shouldn't even entertain the thought of paying Berkeley tuition (although I doubt his grades are good enough for him to transfer anyway). Berkeley out of state is $43K (!); GA State is like $9K. Let him do that.

• Love 6

Episode 9:

"Contessa's Carnival"

Quad allows Heavenly to set her up on a blind date; Dr. Jackie renovates a new office; an overwhelmed Contessa throws a huge carnival birthday for her kids; Buffie comes to Simone for help when she discovers a lump in her breast.

Airs November 3, 2019.

It's obvious Ramadan has not been observed in Mariah's household. Obviously with all the boozing Aydin does, he is not religiously observant. More so he has his non Muslim wife make proclamations that are nonsense.

Ramadan in not a celebration. It's an observance. The celebration would be Eid, when the month of fasting is over.

You don't only eat at sunset and sunrise. You can eat from sunset until dawn, which is well before sunrise.

I don't know when they filmed that restaurant scene, but if they are going to pretend to break fast it would help not to do it when the sun is blazing into the restaurant. Why would a Ramadan dinner (iftar) be the appropriate time to gossip about drug tests and hos?

Her talking head saying women gain a pound or two because they can't stay up that late made no sense at all. People, men or women who gain weight during Ramadan do so because they are eating a whole lotta food at night and much of it high calorie.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I liked Contessa's red print halter dress she had on at the beginning of the episode.

I fell out at Quad's dates. No ma'am. "Quad's bathroom confidant." I CANNOT. The first one was kind of ... dusty?

Contessa's kids' party was BONKERS. That looked like so much work. A hundred damn kids?! That water slide looked fun though. I'd have been grown and on that. Was that the only cake?

I see Simone in her short shorts. She has nice legs. Jackie does too.

I thought Buffie was older than 41.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 6

RE: Myles. It may be a case of the parents want him to go to college AND in Simone case - pre-med major. I think it was her who said that Howard has produced some of the finest medical doctors.

{focusing on the 2nd part}  If the young man does not want to be in the medical profession - that's not Howard Univ fault. If he wanted to be pre-med, yes - he might not made deans list , but he wouldn't have fallen all the way out . he knows what it takes, as he has researched how to get into med school , along with the advisers at Howard. I seen alot of parents who "pre-chose" their kids major/profession (esp. if it includes post-undergrad) only for it to fall far,far  down ... 

{focusing on the 1st part} So that brings does he even want to be in college in the 1st place. I'm not getting why the discussion even is on the table to attend elsewhere. Ga State does have dorms - albeit scattered around , but there are dorms. If they want him out of the house, but in school. that is a easy transaction. I need to hear more about what he is trying to pursue and why GA state is not getting him there.

Sounds like Simone is mad that he doesn't seem to have life skills - like doing laundry, walking the dog, taking out the trash, etc. College might can bring out or enhance those skills, but that'really isn't what going to college is for. Those skills should have been taught by grade 12.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I liked Contessa's red print halter dress she had on at the beginning of the episode.

I fell out at Quad's dates. No ma'am. "Quad's bathroom confidant." I CANNOT. The first one was kind of ... dusty?

Contessa's kids' party was BONKERS. That looked like so much work. A hundred damn kids?! That water slide looked fun though. I'd have been grown and on that. Was that the only cake?

I see Simone in her short shorts. She has nice legs. Jackie does too.

I thought Buffie was older than 41.

I agree with everything you said.  As usual!

Contessa continues to make it difficult to root for her or like her.  She treated every one else so horribly getting ready for the party.   And will one party really make up for missing her while she was away?  It will probably salve her guilt, if she has any. 

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

I agree with everything you said.  As usual!

Contessa continues to make it difficult to root for her or like her.  She treated every one else so horribly getting ready for the party.   And will one party really make up for missing her while she was away?  It will probably salve her guilt, if she has any. 

She basically said the party was to make her feel better - "the size is relative to my mommy guilt" or something. It sounded to me like she had forgotten her kids' birthdays, not that they'd had stuff and she wasn't able to come back for it (even if the kids' birth dates fell on weekdays, they'd have had parties or whatever on weekends - couldn't she have come back on a weekend?). But then wouldn't Scott have said "Hey Tess, we're having a video game truck for Landon on the 15th" and she could have planned to be there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

She basically said the party was to make her feel better - "the size is relative to my mommy guilt" or something. It sounded to me like she had forgotten her kids' birthdays, not that they'd had stuff and she wasn't able to come back for it (even if the kids' birth dates fell on weekdays, they'd have had parties or whatever on weekends - couldn't she have come back on a weekend?). But then wouldn't Scott have said "Hey Tess, we're having a video game truck for Landon on the 15th" and she could have planned to be there?

Oh, thanks.  I missed that.

I will get to hairnet-wearing Contessa, screaming about cars and mulch and her not-a-hired-hand husband (she yelled at him, one minute he is carrying decorations,chairs& moving pool things, I do believe he got cussed out) in a minute...

--------------

Dr Jackie's and the partners new practice... http://cwobgyn.com/

I thought the idea was for her to slow down... so they construct a new office building? or is the idea she just one day collects a check and the other Drs work for her ?

Is curtis going to be hanging around once the bldg is finished ? interacting with patients and staff? He might have good managerial skills, but for me his presence would make in nervous in a ob-gyn setting..

I know Dr Jackie has money in her own right prior to the show - but an new construction office bldg.. along with the house... hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don't know a mom, who has done that.

• A call late that night, sure (esp. while they are in college or married off)...
  • saying I will see you on the weekend, absolutely...
  • A pkg/letter/card/flowers that arrive a couple of days late (to shift the blame a little on the carrier method), yes.... 
  • calling day(s), week before just to say - well I know a big day is coming up...

but 3 times, 3 different dates completely slipped Contessa's  mind ???? Bullsh*t.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

That party was for CONTESSA, not her kids.  They would've been just fine if they had invited 5-15 of their kids' friends and took them to the amusement park, the water park,  Chuck E. Cheese and the like.  It would've been cheaper, too.  I doubt seriously the older 2 kids were checking for train tram rides down the hill, camels, zoos and whatever else Contessa had; the older girl didn't look all that thrilled with the spa bus.  And why get your kids mani/pedis when they are just going to mess them up running around barefoot and jumping in the pool?

And that pool WAS musty looking.

How the shiggidy do you miss ALL THREE of your kids' birthdays? Even if that admission was just for the show, it's not a good look.  This is the woman who was crying about missing her children's moments but she missed all three of her kids' birthdays? Not even a "Happy birthday, baby" call?

Let's keep this real: Contessa is too busy chasing fame and fortune and tv lights to be a wife and mother.  Being a wife and mom is an inconvenience to her.  If Contessa got the role/chance of a lifetime she'd ditch Scott and those kids so fast theirs heads would spin. Scott knows it and I suspect the older girl knows it too.  Contessa needs to get it together.

What excuse will Jackie use when asked about why she outed Buffie's infertility struggle next week?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

I don't know a mom, who has done that.

• A call late that night, sure (esp. while they are in college or married off)...
  • saying I will see you on the weekend, absolutely...
  • A pkg/letter/card/flowers that arrive a couple of days late, yes.... 
  • calling day(s), week before just to say - will I know a big day is coming up...

but 3 times, 3 different dates completely slipped your mind ???? Bullsh*t.

It was the way she said "somehow the days ran together and I missed all three birthdays" that made me think "missed" in this case meant "forgot" and not "didn't make it home for them." I can't imagine forgetting your kids' birthdays either (don't they pop up on her phone?), especially when her kids are young and birthdays are still big deal, but her wording gave me pause.

2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

What excuse will Jackie use when asked about why she outed Buffie's infertility struggle next week?

I like Jackie but that is horrible, especially since Buffie is so upset over it. It doesn't appear to be something she's at peace with.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

And that pool WAS musty looking.

Question - can one shut down a home pool for like an hour +/- , press a button to let the cleaner filter come on ?

Given that she already had 100 people there - Contessa should it made it 101/102 and hired  lifeguards - just for safety and whose job it is to just look at the goings-on in the pool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

It was the way she said "somehow the days ran together and I missed all three birthdays" that made me think "missed" in this case meant "forgot" and not "didn't make it home for them."

I'm not buying it. After the first missed birthday, her husband should have been all over her ass about it and no way she would miss the others. And why didn't her husband remind her of each birthday coming up and would she please call the kids, send gifts, come home, yadda, yadda. I know he shouldn't have to remind is wife of their kids birthday's but evidently that's where the relationship is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Another unwritten - but everyone knows and follows - motherhood rule...

Heavenly's cussing rant to/close proximity to Landon, regarding her pants getting wet while riding the train. She actually said to him - " I told your ass..",  among other choice words.. You don't cuss at another woman's child now... no matter what the situation was..

I know Landon is old enough were he's starting hear (and perhaps said among his friends) good old fashioned cuss words, but Heavenly needed to curtailed her rant and used a better set of words. And she started off the train ride being so sweet...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I thought the idea was for her to slow down... so they construct a new office building? or is the idea she just one day collects a check and the other Drs work for her ?

Is curtis going to be hanging around once the bldg is finished ? interacting with patients and staff? He might have good managerial skills, but for me his presence would make in nervous in a ob-gyn setting..

I know Dr Jackie has money in her own right prior to the show - but an new construction office bldg.. along with the house... hmmm

Successful male doctors have been doing this for decades. Yes, she will be involved in a full practice. Junior doctors and Nurse Practitioners joining her team. 
Chances are wherever you go for OB/GYN services there are males overseeing services. I doubt Curtis will be going into treatment room while women are in their paper gowns. 

of the $15K budget... how much did that go towards the cake ?

The cake that is to celebrate 3 children birthdays?

cake_marriedtomedicine.PNG.dad9d381f857cc615a1920dd2f10018a.PNG

And the budget didn't have the wiggle room to grab the variety pack that had mayo to keep from digging in someone's fridge?

mayo.PNG.b530378bc312c9b399a16277ffa78909.PNG

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

After the first missed birthday, her husband should have been all over her ass about it and no way she would miss the others. And why didn't her husband remind her of each birthday coming up and would she please call the kids, send gifts, come home, yadda, yadda. I know he shouldn't have to remind is wife of their kids birthday's but evidently that's where the relationship is. 

He probably DID ream Contessa out and then she goes around whining that he's making her look bad in front of the kids.

18 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Do women really ask for a credit score on a first date?  And judge if someone doesn’t know it?  

That first guy was a bum, credit score or not.