Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, sATL said:

And all of this "sex" is still rated tv-14.

I'm really awaiting for the FULL conversation  b/w Contessa and Scott in the preview for this week..

I waited ... sleeply ... until 9:56 EST.... I'm pissed... 

Contessa...WTH ????

#TeamScott

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

The women's reactions to the male models were really funny.

I did see Scott's point when he pointed out that initially Contessa wanted to stop working altogether because she was missing too much time with the kids, and now she's in school in another state. I don't know why that didn't click for me before.

• Love 12
On 10/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, sATL said:

And all of this "sex" is still rated tv-14.

How do they get away with that? This was a total shitshow. What is up with Dr. Jackie and her relentless shilling of her silly book? I thought she was the only one in this bunch with an ounce of class. Wrong I was. I won't be watching this trainwreck anymore.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

These women crack me up - and their men too.

That said, NO to Buffie.

Yes, they can be very funny.

HELL to the no to Buffie.

I never cared for Contessa and her stupid name and now I really loathe her.  She really didn't want to pursue that degree, otherwise the silly goose would have arranged for a part-time housekeeper/nanny to help Scott and stayed in her program. She doesn't stick with anything. It's a miracle she made it through med school. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I for one appreciated the male models. THANK  YOU  M2M!

I haven’t watched any of the episodes this season, just read the posts here. But it sounds like I’ll have to check out this ep for, uh, research purposes... 👀

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I wonder why this show is on the back burner.  I mean, so much is going on...

Heavenly was half-lifted by a man

Toya moved for the 604th time

Jackie is writing a guide to sex and relationships, when her husband was in the airport with a side piece 

Simone is showing pics of syphallitic sores to her boys (ok, that is a little interesting)*

Mariah is playing pool with Dr Aydin

And Quad--well, Quad--she has to make sure Greg files his taxes by June 6th.  That has me on the edge of my seat.

I can't stand Contessa.  She withdrew from school without consulting her husband, and now she's playing the victim?  I'm going to take a page from Toya  and say girl, bye.

I was not a fan of the naked men at all.  The interplay was very aggressive.  At one point one of the men just jumped on the table and put his naked ass pretty much right in Jackie's face.  I thought it was really disrespectful, even if they didn't.  The rubbing of the oil on the bodies grossed me out for married women.  Who behaves like that?  If it's not cheating, it's walking right up to the line.  AND the hypocrisy bothers me.  Last season there were female bartenders in someone's (Simone's ?) basement, and Heavenly dragged Damon out of there, but she can rub all up on a naked man?  I don't like it.  For either sex, I think that as soon as there was nudity plus alcohol plus sexuality (as opposed to an actual painting class with nude subjects), I would have been walking out while simultaneously opening my Uber app.  No thank you.  And if my husband participated in that shit?  I wouldn't have even been like Tamica Lee from SCNO and pulled him out of there; I would just text him not to come home.  

*I like that Simone is having sex talks with her kids, and I loved how clear she was with, "if you're with a woman and she says stop, I don't care if you have an erection; you stop or it's jail."  But did anyone think Simone perhaps should have said "partner" instead of "woman" just to be on the safe side?  It appears that there might be a son who is not necessarily entertaining thoughts of the fairer sex, if I may be so observant...

• Love 4
On 10/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Empress1 said:

I did see Scott's point when he pointed out that initially Contessa wanted to stop working altogether because she was missing too much time with the kids, and now she's in school in another state. I don't know why that didn't click for me before.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, politichick said:

I never cared for Contessa and her stupid name and now I really loathe her.  She really didn't want to pursue that degree, otherwise the silly goose would have arranged for a part-time housekeeper/nanny to help Scott and stayed in her program. She doesn't stick with anything. It's a miracle she made it through med school. 

7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I can't stand Contessa.  She withdrew from school without consulting her husband, and now she's playing the victim?  I'm going to take a page from Toya  and say girl, bye.

I just don't know where to begin..she put her family through major inconvenience and money for a college school year and then quits on a dime? And turns the reason for quitting on Scott?

That wine in Scott hand must have been strong. He held his tongue and temperament very well.

She's too smart of a woman to have flunked out.

Part of me wish Scott would have told her (and I mean told b/c she isn't listening) , "no baby- you will be iin Nashville in your master pgm classroom seat in the fall and we expect to be attending your graduation come next may. " end-of-discussion.

Scott basically said he doesn't want to be a single parent. He tried, but get someone to do the stuff he doesn't or can't for the next two semesters. There are unattractive, senior and/or male nannies if contessa has an issue with another woman in her house. Is Scott mom alive & available?

Scott also said he wished she didn't go to school so far away. If it's the "best program " , then why quit? And this goes back to the error of not choosing a master's pgm in Atlanta.

And what about the kids? Is the plan to let them think momma quit school- ie it's ok to quit and not make sacrifices? And their father was the reason?

#TeamScott

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

Once again Contessa irks my soul. "I quit so I guess I can wash the dishes now" WTF?? She is a flighty selfish woman. 

Damon was really upset about that whole penis debacle. Heavenly was noticeably flustered after being picked up.  I guess Daddy isn't quite busting moves in the bedroom these days. 

Curtis should be banned from the revenge party the husbands are planning. He's done enough. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Why doesn't Contessa just transfer to a school in the Atlanta area? She should have just chosen a school close to home to begin with. You can still get good jobs without going to the tippy top school in the nation. I think she just wanted bragging rights for that school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Last season there were female bartenders in someone's (Simone's ?) basement, and Heavenly dragged Damon out of there, but she can rub all up on a naked man?  I don't like it.  For either sex, I think that as soon as there was nudity plus alcohol plus sexuality (as opposed to an actual painting class with nude subjects), I would have been walking out while simultaneously opening my Uber app.  No thank you.  And if my husband participated in that shit?  I wouldn't have even been like Tamica Lee from SCNO and pulled him out of there; I would just text him not to come home.  

I hate to defend Heavenly, but she wasn't rubbing up on any of the guys, nor did she actually appear to be enjoying the event. She was the one that 1) observed that they were the same age as her oldest son; 2) pulled her water bottle away from 'ole boy when he plopped his naked butt on the table in front of her and Jackie; and 3) called on Jesus and all God's angels to have someone come get this boy when he picked her up off the ground. As much as she can talk out of both sides of her mouth, I thought that both she and Jackie were consistent in their words and actions with not really being down with what was going on around them.  Now Toya? She's gonna need to explain why she was rubbing oil and glitter on the body of some child she probably babysat ten years ago...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Why doesn't Contessa just transfer to a school in the Atlanta area? She should have just chosen a school close to home to begin with. You can still get good jobs without going to the tippy top school in the nation. I think she just wanted bragging rights for that school.

Right. If her goal was to get to the surgeon general  office-  it makes some sense  to work in the state health  administration first to gain exposure and experience.  ga state university  is at most 6 blocks  from the Capitol  and state  office bldg in downtown  Atlanta. I 'm sure they have a decent  master of public  health degree program.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

She was the one that 1) observed that they were the same age as her oldest son; 2) pulled her water bottle away from 'ole boy when he plopped his naked butt on the table in front of her and Jackie; and 3) called on Jesus and all God's angels to have someone come get this boy when he picked her up off the ground.

I think she even called the guy a baby - I think she said "somebody come get this baby." She clearly did not regard the men sexually, and was uncomfortable.

It's one thing to have nude models - that's a real thing, you can go in any art class in the country and have to draw or paint nude models. But that's not sexualized. The model shows up, poses, the students draw or paint him or her, the class ends, s/he puts on her robe and goes home, and that's that. This was WAY more sexual - it was really a cross between modeling and stripping. 

• Love 4

I'll make room for the fact that I might have judged Heavenly's behavior more harshly than the others, because of the fact that Heavenly expects Daddy to walk the line when it comes to this stuff...

So, yes, Heavenly didn't rub up on a naked man.  He rubbed up on her.  But didn't she paint a giant, erect penis?  I stand by my point that none of that behavior is acceptable, and the only right thing to do in my mind is leave, TV show or no TV show.  In fact, I bet Bravo would have loved it if someone stormed out in what appeared to be righteous indignation (but was actually an attempt to avoid further molestation).

Jackie did comport herself the best, and she is the one with the worst husband.  As far as I care about Curtis, she could have broken out the paper mache and formed an impression of a giant erect penis and brought it home to put on the coffee table.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'll make room for the fact that I might have judged Heavenly's behavior more harshly than the others, because of the fact that Heavenly expects Daddy to walk the line when it comes to this stuff...

So, yes, Heavenly didn't rub up on a naked man.  He rubbed up on her.  But didn't she paint a giant, erect penis?  I stand by my point that none of that behavior is acceptable, and the only right thing to do in my mind is leave, TV show or no TV show.  In fact, I bet Bravo would have loved it if someone stormed out in what appeared to be righteous indignation (but was actually an attempt to avoid further molestation).

Jackie did comport herself the best, and she is the one with the worst husband.  As far as I care about Curtis, she could have broken out the paper mache and formed an impression of a giant erect penis and brought it home to put on the coffee table.

Honestly, I thought the giant penis painting was Mariah. The three of them were sitting in a row and I thought it was Mariah (giant penis), Jackie (blank canvas with pencil lines) and Heavenly (Jesus on the cross on a man's chest - painted only from the waist up). As to your larger point, yep the whole thing wasn't acceptable. My guess is that post Toya's disclosure about her difficult times, they were trying to embrace the spirit of celebrating her birthday rather than using it (as Buffie did) as the opportunity to create a scene making it about them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Episode 6:

"Girl Code, Interrupted"

Jackie invites the group to Savannah, Ga., for a girls' trip; feeling called out by Damon, Heavenly takes it out on Toya; Mariah goes after the group for perpetuating lies against her; Jackie tries to save the trip before it flat lines.

Airs October 13, 2019.

Forgive m for asking, but I won't be able to watch for a bit.  What happeeened with Heavenly's huband based on what I'm seeing in previews?  Or is that going to air next week?

Edited by Jextella

I'm not sure why Mariah feels like the rumor spread about her is the worst rumor in the history of rumor mongering.  They all talk about each other, say things that are probably untrue.  But she won't let this go and clearly Quad is not going to apologize.  You know it's bad when even Aydin wants to know why she brought it up again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I'm not sure why Mariah feels like the rumor spread about her is the worst rumor in the history of rumor mongering.  They all talk about each other, say things that are probably untrue.  But she won't let this go and clearly Quad is not going to apologize.  You know it's bad when even Aydin wants to know why she brought it up again.

Being accused of drugs is horrible. People think less of people on drugs that could be why.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

Being accused of drugs is horrible. People think less of people on drugs that could be why.

Yeah, but I also think accusing someone's spouse of cheating is pretty bad. There are long-standing relationships on this show (Simone and Jackie have been friends for 20+ years and you can tell they're real friends), but sometimes I wonder if they are actually friends. Whatever Quad and Mariah were, they are no longer.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, but I also think accusing someone's spouse of cheating is pretty bad. There are long-standing relationships on this show (Simone and Jackie have been friends for 20+ years and you can tell they're real friends), but sometimes I wonder if they are actually friends. Whatever Quad and Mariah were, they are no longer.

I agree!!! I was just telling you why Mariah might feel that way haha

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 9:53 AM, sATL said:

Right. If her goal was to get to the surgeon general  office-  it makes some sense  to work in the state health  administration first to gain exposure and experience.  ga state university  is at most 6 blocks  from the Capitol  and state  office bldg in downtown  Atlanta. I 'm sure they have a decent  master of public  health degree program.

Something about the whole arrangement feels like there is more to it (other personal reasons) or it is all together contrived as a storyline. There are plenty of schools in GA for Contessa to choose from and she could even take courses online. Online degrees no longer have the stigma they once did when it was only University of Phoenix and Devry offering them. Now, you can get an online degree from a number of very good schools. 

https://www.mphonline.org/best-mph-programs-georgia/

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Someone spill the tea, or otherwise remind me: why was Mariah so upset??

Mariah is still heartbroken (full swoon) about the fact that at the reunion Quad said she walked in on Mariah doing drugs. Not clear from the reference what kind of drugs or where - so it could have been anything from smoking weed to shooting fentanyl. As an extension of her deep, deep pain, she is upset that when Quad said it, no one responded "that is an absolute lie, you've never seen Mariah touch a drug". 

What is not being spoken about is the fact that Quad and Mariah were close friends before the show started, and seemingly, while many of the other ladies knew Mariah, none of them were besties with her. I think they all sat back because they really didn't want to comment on how deep their long-lived friendship was, or what it was possible one saw the other one doing. 

Quad, claims that Mariah's comments about her behavior (having slept with her brother-in-law while he was married, etc.) were equally damning and just as false, and that Mariah needs to get over herself and take her bad acting somewhere else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Episode 7:

"Showdown in Savannah"

Any progress made during Revival Weekend comes to a halt after Mariah's meltdown on the bus; Dr. Jackie reaches her breaking point; Contessa ponders Jackie's advice to pursue couples counseling; Mariah produces the receipts and drug test results.

Airs October 20, 2019.

Where was Contessa going to school in Nashville? She said it was a one year, less expensive program. Everything I am reading about Vanderbilt says the MPH is a two year program. And Vanderbilt would not be cheap. 

• Useful 2

I don't care who does drugs.  

But was I the only one who saw a potential gaping hole in Mariah's story?  Last episode Toya told us that Mariah took the cocaine test that goes back ten years.  Ok, haven't Quad and Mariah friends going back more than 10 years?  As long as Quad saw Mariah doing the drugs ten years and one day ago, her story can be true, and Mariah's test can be accurate.

I can't underscore this enough:  I do not care who does drugs.  I have no problem with them.  I just feel manipulated by this storyline.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Once again Contessa irks my soul. "I quit so I guess I can wash the dishes now" WTF?? She is a flighty selfish woman. 

This is why Scott said this program was another one of Contessa's schemes/scams.

I don't buy Jackie's excuses that she didn't want to read Mariah's test results because she'd have more questions.  She didn't have more questions when she brought up Mariah's drug rumor on the podcast in the first place and she could've brought up the ethics of revealing a friend's secrets without actually bringing up the secret.  Jackie didn't want to see the results because then she'd be publicly forced to take a side/renounce a side that she didn't want to have to do.  By not reading the results, and claiming she doesn't want to be a part of the situation when Jackie put herself in the situation in the first place, Jackie has already chosen a "side." 

If it were me, I'd say "You know, Mariah, you've made accusations about everyone else without proof, without receipts, so it's hard for me to trust anything you say.  I'm not interested in your drug test results; you don't have to prove anything to me if you know you haven't done any drugs.   I know you want to defend yourself, but I'm not interested in continuing with this particular conversation.  I have apologized for bringing it up on my podcast.  I'm finished; if you're not, that's your problem, not mine."

Jackie has chosen a side; she just needs to own the fact that she has.

Alaura has on way too much makeup; that's just my opinion.  She's trying to break away from Heavenly as all daughters do to their moms but she needs to be a little more respectful.  Alaura, it's not your room.  That's HEAVENLY & DAMON's room they allow you to sleep in.

Last episode Toya told us that Mariah took the cocaine test that goes back ten years.  Ok, haven't Quad and Mariah friends going back more than 10 years?  As long as Quad saw Mariah doing the drugs ten years and one day ago, her story can be true, and Mariah's test can be accurate.

This is true.  Even if Mariah WAS doing drugs 10 years ago, it's Quad's word against hers and unless Quad had photos of Mariah doing drugs or another person came forth and said "I saw Mariah doing drugs," Quad's allegations couldn't be proved, so Mariah should've dismissed those rumors.  However, I think when Jackie brought it up on her podcast, it was kind of implied that Mariah is doing drugs NOW.

I understand why Mariah didn't dismiss the accusations, though.  There are are certain behaviors that are against our own personal codes of conduct, such that if anyone accuses us of violating that code, we clap back hard.  For Mariah, her code violation is drug use.  My personal code violation is thievery.  I don't steal, so when I am accused of stealing I clap back on those accusations hard.

My question is if Quad saw Mariah doing drugs 10 years ago, was she doing drugs with her? Since they were such good friends 10 years ago.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9

there's a drug test that goes back 10 yrs  in a person's blood to see what drugs a person did ?

10 yrs ago - that would have made Mariah the mom of a toddler and infant right? Little doubtful she had the time to sampling coke..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

To me, this season has been a bust so far. I don't care about someone doing drugs years ago. Move on. This has been sooo boring. I just had it on in the background last night. And I am so tired of these "retreat" type trips where everyone is supposed to reflect and testify and forgive, blah, blah, blah. Dr Jackie needs to stop playing therapist/counselor for everyone. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sATL said:

there's a drug test that goes back 10 yrs  in a person's blood to see what drugs a person did ?

10 yrs ago - that would have made Mariah the mom of a toddler and infant right? Little doubtful she had the time to sampling coke..

According to Eugene, there are tests that can see if you did drugs 5 years ago.  I don't know about 10 years ago, though.

And this is exactly it, if Mariah was doing drugs 10 years ago, that means she was doing drugs while her children were toddlers and this is probably why Mariah is extra mad: Quad is accusing her of doing drugs as the mom of small kids.

Again, if Mariah was doing drugs 10 years ago, was Quad doing them with her, since they were BFFs back then? If so, why wasn't Quad concerned about Mariah's children's well-being, then or now?

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Dr Jackie needs to stop playing therapist/counselor for everyone. 

Jackie needs to stop pouring salt into situations, then pretending like she was never in the kitchen.

• Love 10

That masked thing was so weird. First of all, everyone was dressed like they were going to a different event. Toya was in jeans. Second, the symbolism was silly - now we can take off our masks! Like, just have them not wear masks! What? I like Jackie but she does too much.

• Love 3

wait a minute... Contessa withdrew from a  ONE YEAR master's pgm (which means an executive master pgm as opposed to a traditional 2 yrs) - when she was 8 months in ?

Guurrll...And you don't expect anyone to be upset about that??? I'm ready to get a broom after you myself..

Spoiler

Preview for next week: Contessa appears to ask her father, who is possibly ill,  the same man who was so tired to hear a page in the airport for HOURS, to come and stay with her family - giving her husband a 4th responsibility -so she can / might go back to school ? 

I find it hard to believe that a school in Nashville is cheaper than GaState  and UGA - thanks to the post above from @laprin - I forgot all about UGA. What good is "cheaper" when you don't finish? That is money and time (on everyone's part) wasted.

And stop it with the J-Lo split-front dresses to the belly button. We got it - you like your new ta-tas

There must be two sets of producers for this show... the first 15  minutes , when they  do a quick tour of all of the families... are much better than the remaining 45...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

I'm not defending Quad to defend Quad.  I have no dog in this fight.  I also understand if Mariah wants to disspell the rumors--she has every right.

I just wish people would make their points better.  Or maybe I should listen better. Is it Mariah's contention that she "never" did drugs, or that she only hasn't done them recently?  

Is it Quad's contention that Mariah was doing drugs and Quad wasn't?

I just feel foolish that none of this makes sense to me.  If Mariah is contending that she "never" did drugs and this is a big issue for her, which I don't begrudge, then she needs to offer the test with the caveat that "this test only goes back so many years, because that's as far back as any test goes" and "when did you say I was doing drugs again, Quad?"  If I was Mariah, and I really had not done it, and it was important for me to clear that up, I can't understand why Mariah isn't asking Quad for "who, what, where, when, how" 24/7 until she gets a straight answer, so that she can refute more.  Looking like you just sucked on a lemon and mumbling "low down dirty" isn't really a defense.  She could do better.

As far as whether Quad was there...I've been to plenty of places where some people were only smoking weed and drinking, while others were smoking weed, drinking and doing coke (and other combinations, etc), so I don't deem Quad guilty by association in that arena, unless Quad has a hardcore anti-drug stance, which I haven't heard yet.  It doesn't bother me if Mariah used cocaine when she had children, so I'm not sure I can say it should have bothered Quad.  As long as Mariah is overall healthy and she makes sure her children are being watched, I don't think it's so bad if she wants to do a few lines before going out.  I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it's worse than taking pills recreationally and I don't think it's worse than having six drinks, for instance, and some of these women will down six drinks on camera alone (Simone).

So I'm not saying it's my opinion that Mariah did or didn't do drugs--I don't care.  But I wish the women would be more forthcoming with their stories and let the outrage die down a wee bit.  I have been seeing that across the Bravo shows--someone accuses someone else of doing coke (I didn't even know anyone even did coke anymore, but whatever), and the person in question flies off the handle, without even letting me evaluate what their argument is.  Even if that particular insinuation sticks in someone's craw, it is just coke, it's not murder, everyone say their piece, let the viewers make up their minds, and move on?

• Love 5

I feel like something else is afoot with Contessa and Scott.  I'm missing the piece of the conversation whereby the agreement was changed, as Auntie Iyanla would say.   The thing is, I'm with her plan, if this is where she can knock out 12 months and it puts her on a bigger picture trajectory, let's get it.  But they seem to be in conflict about perfectly resolvable issues.  Childcare, housekeeping, meal planning and such?  Is it really that deep and I'm being too shoulder shruggy?   He was good when her plan was to quit and do mom stuff with 90% of her time.  She was bored though.  Like, he's gotten where he wants to go, it seems like they could figure out a way to this part done.  It feels to me like he wants to hold her back but for what though?  Time, affection, ego?   It's a year, damn.   I mean her snarkiness about quitting school so she could stay home and wash dishes.  It isn't helping but I understand the tone.  I dunno what kinda everything you need to be surgeon general of the united states, but somebody is going to get that job and if she has what it takes, let her find out.   I might feel differently if Scott were on the come up but he's sounding a little Curtis-y to me.   Get outcha feelings doc.

Mariah.  Don't. Kurr.   Sue her for defamation and let's get on with lunch.  I'd also be inclined to revise my position here, if, when confronted with "well, this is the lie you told on me" she had a legitimate rebuttal or apology at the ready.  Otherwise, the dish its, can't take its? 

giphy.gif

I'll be waiting in the van.

Was Simone trying to get Myles together about being more independent? Gurl if you don't........she had a whole pressure makes diamonds speech ready but I was like when the hell was there pressure?  lol!   Her son went to Woodward Academy, which may be a curriculum rivaling that of Howard.  So Simone is all - why aren't you taking this seriously?  As Rlb said, they not about that at that level at any school.  Simone thinking of Dean Davenport and Walter Oakes at Hillman lol!   Shit in real life, ain't nobody finna call your mama, do what you came to do.  Myles is not uncomfortable enough to do what he needs to do.  On the flip side, you don't wait 2 whole semesters before figuring that out.  An HU 1st semester transcript will run you bout 11,900 so shame on you for not snatching that boy up before it was over.

I keep seeing my fashion nova cart show up on Quad.   I ownknow how to feel lol. 

Contessa look a whole fool in a ball gown for church service.

Simone-Cecil:  We leaving tomorrow, you ready for me to come back home?

Cecil-Simone:  I'm ready, I missed you

Simone-Cecil:  Ok babe, my friend's here, I'll see you tomorrow babe

Cecil-Simone:  Ok bye

Simone-Jackie:  {{giggling}} He don't miss me at awwl 

#thatsmarriage    Loll!!!!!

I love Jackie and I love metaphors, but it's ok to do less. 

Alaura's a beauty.   She and her mom finna go to the mat before she turns 16.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She and her mom finna go to the mat before she turns 16.

I could tell when that child was eight, or whatever age she was when we first met her, that when she got to be a teenager she was going to put Heavenly through hell. Mothers and daughters often go through it when the daughters become teens (my mother and I did) but Alaura has always been a special kind of mouthy.

15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Alaura, it's not your room.  That's HEAVENLY & DAMON's room they allow you to sleep in.

I don't know ... my mother used to knock and enter my room simultaneously (knock with one hand, open the door with the other) and I'm low-key still not over it! 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I could tell when that child was eight, or whatever age she was when we first met her, that when she got to be a teenager she was going to put Heavenly through hell. Mothers and daughters often go through it when the daughters become teens (my mother and I did) but Alaura has always been a special kind of mouthy.

I don't know ... my mother used to knock and enter my room simultaneously (knock with one hand, open the door with the other) and I'm low-key still not over it! 

Nah fam, I'm with Drivethroo on this one.    Your what now?

giphy.gif

Stay with a slick mouth, you finna lose door hinges, curtain, lampshade, allat.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I feel like something else is afoot with Contessa and Scott.  I'm missing the piece of the conversation whereby the agreement was changed, as Auntie Iyanla would say.   The thing is, I'm with her plan, if this is where she can knock out 12 months and it puts her on a bigger picture trajectory, let's get it.  But they seem to be in conflict about perfectly resolvable issues.  Childcare, housekeeping, meal planning and such?  Is it really that deep and I'm being too shoulder shruggy?   He was good when her plan was to quit and do mom stuff with 90% of her time.  She was bored though.  Like, he's gotten where he wants to go, it seems like they could figure out a way to this part done.  It feels to me like he wants to hold her back but for what though?  Time, affection, ego?   It's a year, damn.   I mean her snarkiness about quitting school so she could stay home and wash dishes.  It isn't helping but I understand the tone.  I dunno what kinda everything you need to be surgeon general of the united states, but somebody is going to get that job and if she has what it takes, let her find out.   I might feel differently if Scott were on the come up but he's sounding a little Curtis-y to me.   Get outcha feelings doc.

I think we're down to  months... She's said this week it's a year's program. I think it was the season opener when she said she's been going to Nashville for 8 months.

I do agree something else is really up with these two... separately and independently. 

I'm not in the medical field, but I doubt surgeon general is a 9-5 gig. If she's always worked, it makes some sense that being at home 24x7 will get old. Contessa doesn't really strike me as the person who would find comfort and fulfillment being home all of the time. Her kids are school age for one thing. I don't know why she couldn't keep being a family/internist/etc doctor and cutback  her hours - like other Drs (well - at least mine ) do. 

Dr scott doesn't like or is tired of being the primary caretaker alone. Ok - point made ... but he can't suffer for a few months - if hiring help is out of the question? Now, if he made that point before baby #1 came into the picture, well she knew who he was when she married him.

I do wish they would expand why hiring help is out of the question . I hope its not because Contessa is afraid of another woman in the house or around her kids. Andy - do you have this question on your list for the reunion show ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Contessa look a whole fool in a ball gown for church service.

My eyes were too focused on Toya' shorts... I know church attire has changed in the last years but still...

Maybe Jackie should have told them to wear another color (since white was used for dinner) their to the tour... 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

I do wish they would expand why hiring help is out of the question .

Me too. They HAD help - Miss Renee. And Miss Renee needed to be fired (you talk smart and throw something of mine at me, when you're working for me in the house I pay for? You gotta go) but I don't understand why they didn't replace her.

40 minutes ago, sATL said:

I don't know why she couldn't keep being a family/internist/etc doctor and cutback  her hours - like other Drs (well - at least mine ) do. 

Didn't she do this? I thought that was what she did last season in between quitting and this MPH plan.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Me too. They HAD help - Miss Renee. And Miss Renee needed to be fired (you talk smart and throw something of mine at me, when you're working for me in the house I pay for? You gotta go) but I don't understand why they didn't replace her.

Didn't she do this? I thought that was what she did last season in between quitting and this MPH plan.

two seasons ago.. she was like a DR sub.. they called her when the office was short handed.

Last season was all about the ta-tas..

Or was that the same season ??

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1