Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I just realized Kanal is ripping off C&T with the "chaos" word - Kail & the Chaos is on her Instagram. Is that her podcast name as well? Coffee Chaos? 

Close- it's Coffee Convos and guess who the next guests are...

coffee.png

• Love 4
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I know if someone changes their Twitter profile picture all of their tweets (past and present) are replaced with their new picture. Cate, who never uses social media just uploaded her new photoshopped profile picture. 

new1.png

This is in Cate's Twitter bio. Can you hand make a business?

bio.png

We all know what you really look like Cate. STOP with the fake shit! 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, druzy said:

Cate says that she had the choice whether or not to share her struggles with depression. MTV did not force her to. She chose to be open about it because by doing so she might "save at least one life." They said that the stigma surrounding mental illness is made very apparent by the fact that people respond to her problems by suggesting she gets out of bed and be active. She says that when she is in that state those things are "just not possible." Cate disagrees with the fact that people think she is "lazy and unmotivated." Ty says, "if getting better was about changing your behavior, Cate would have already done it."

Oh FFS Tyler, getting better is about changing your behavior! Not the only thing, but certainly part of it. Is Cate just supposed to stay in bed until the magical morning when she wakes up and it’s all unicorns and rainbows? If that’s her (and your) attitude, be ready to pony up for more rehab.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, CofCinci said:

All evidence-based treatments for “depression and anxiety” have some sort of committed action/pleasant events schedule/en vivo work that gets you off the couch.  You can’t just lay in your filthy and emotionally reason yourself into staying on the couch because you’re depressed. 

These fucks need to NOT be the spokespersons for mental health. 

Also, confirms that Tyler is Bipolar Disorder II. Many of us “called” it. So much hypomania with that one. 

Yep!!! Several of us said it here. I wish they'd both take their mental health seriously by getting - and sticking with - treatment. 

I know lots of people who take a lot of heat from their employers for taking time off for doctor's/therapist's appointments every other week/every week/once per month, because they have jobs where they have to be during the same hours their doctor/therapist takes appointments.

Cate and Tyler DO NOT HAVE JOBS. They have no excuse!!!  I know many people with health/mental health issues who aren't addressing their problems as they should because they are afraid to miss work and lose their jobs. Some have no childcare for when they could go to appointments and can't afford the treatment and childcare. C&T have Nova in daycare and they have April to watch her for free.  Many people would kill to be able to have six-figure incomes and all the free time (and childcare) to get proper care and address their issues.   

I know people with huge deductibles and $50+ co-pays (which add up quickly if you have to see a therapist/doctor every week/bi-weekly/etc) who are living pay check to pay check and/or making way less than six figures. These people also aren't necessarily getting the help they need because they cannot afford to go to the doctor/therapist as often as would be most beneficial. Cate and Tyler make six figures and could pay for regularly therapy easily.  

Cate and Tyler make me so angry. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Yep!!! Several of us said it here. I wish they'd both take their mental health seriously by getting - and sticking with - treatment. 

I know lots of people who take a lot of heat from their employers for taking time off for doctor's/therapist's appointments every other week/every week/once per month, because they have jobs where they have to be during the same hours their doctor/therapist takes appointments.

Cate and Tyler DO NOT HAVE JOBS. They have no excuse!!!  I know many people with health/mental health issues who aren't addressing their problems as they should because they are afraid to miss work and lose their jobs. Some have no childcare for when they could go to appointments and can't afford the treatment and childcare. C&T have Nova in daycare and they have April to watch her for free.  Many people would kill to be able to have six-figure incomes and all the free time (and childcare) to get proper care and address their issues.   

I know people with huge deductibles and $50+ co-pays (which add up quickly if you have to see a therapist/doctor every week/bi-weekly/etc) who are living pay check to pay check and/or making way less than six figures. These people also aren't necessarily getting the help they need because they cannot afford to go to the doctor/therapist as often as would be most beneficial. Cate and Tyler make six figures and could pay for regularly therapy easily.  

Cate and Tyler make me so angry. 

Exactly! I see a therapist on a regular basis (sometimes twice a week sometimes every other week, just kinda depends what is going on) and most therapists do not accept insurance so I find a way to work it into my budget, I would much rather shop for clothes, or something but that $75 a visit is crucial to me so I make it work... if I had unlimited time and money for therapy I’d be so freaking healthy lol. But back to being serious, I have many times had to literally make a choice between therapy and wanting to do something else, or is it worth risking pissing my employer off for another vague “appt” or whatever the issue making me want to make the appt... so they can sit back down and shove their awareness up their collective asses.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh FFS Tyler, getting better is about changing your behavior! Not the only thing, but certainly part of it. Is Cate just supposed to stay in bed until the magical morning when she wakes up and it’s all unicorns and rainbows? If that’s her (and your) attitude, be ready to pony up for more rehab.

You mean it's not about tweeting about mental health, designing clothing lines, owning a pony, taking selfies, buying octagon houses, paying minimal sufficient attention to your child's basic needs, and constantly proclaiming that you've overcome so much? I am shocked. Mental health advocates Catelynn & Tyler have been lying to us this whole time. 

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

You mean it's not about tweeting about mental health, designing clothing lines, owning a pony, taking selfies, buying octagon houses, paying minimal sufficient attention to your child's basic needs, and constantly proclaiming that you've overcome so much? I am shocked. Mental health advocates Catelynn & Tyler have been lying to us this whole time. 

You should have been listening to Amber.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That's the problem. MTV are enablers. They pay for that fucking rehab. It is no skin off Cate and Tyler's noses. Paying for Cate's spa treatments in Arizona provides the series with that much-needed storyline to bait the viewers. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Ty says, "if getting better was about changing your behavior, Cate would have already done it."

K, it may take medical intervention to get to the place where you can change your behavior, but, you also need to find the motivation to do so within yourself. Sorry but self medicating, running 1000 miles away to ride horses at a rehab/resort is not going to solve anything. I feel like Cate and Tyler are just. not. getting it.  

And, is Adderall Tyler’s sister’s only problem? I took Adderall for many years to manage my RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) and I never looked that strung out. I was being carefully monitored by my doctors for all the years I took it. But, I can say from experience it was still a ugly, nasty monster to come off of though. I will give her that much.

• Love 8
On 3/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, druzy said:

#needanotherspavacation

n.png

This is why grammar saves lives!

(Let's eat Grandma!)

I read it as Cate was the one who was about to poop on the floor as she was ignoring her toddler on the monitor.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

(Let's eat Grandma!)

I read it as Cate was the one who was about to poop on the floor as she was ignoring her toddler on the monitor.

lol I didn't read it that way, but now that you pointed it out it does read that way. 

So, aside from fly masks for lazy Cate, she needs Depends diapers because I am sure she has made a mess on herself while passed out in bed. 

• Love 5

First Cate and Tyler are open adoption advocates and now they want to be the face of Mental Health Awareness....WTF?!  They are neither....why do these two always have to have a cause....or should I say passion!  Cate was not at Sierra Tuscon for treatment...she was on vacation.  This marriage is on borrowed time.

• Love 11
On 19/03/2018 at 6:39 PM, GreatKazu said:

First off, those wrinkles. Sheesh! That is not a good look with that massive forehead. She is looking 40ish. Terrible. Second, that hair color does not do her any favors, especially since she rarely washes the grease out of her hair. 

I think Cate is doing that to get her eyes to have that refreshed look of wide open eyes instead of the closed off slits she normally has from sleeping throughout the day. 

I just realized Kanal is ripping off C&T with the "chaos" word - Kail & the Chaos is on her Instagram. Is that her podcast name as well? Coffee Chaos? 

I turned 46 last month, I have fewer forehead wrinkles than that.  For science, I just mimicked her eyebrows lifted pose and yep, still fewer.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Um...I guess these kids aren't professional models and all, but why is the advertisement showing a girl eating chips and a girl sucking her thumb? I guess at least Nova is giving fierce stare-off-into-the-distance-contemplatively face, but....this ad is weird for a kids clothing line.  No one looks happy...and the chips and thumb-sucking seems more a candid photo then a photo to promote your "business" or "brand."

The kid eating the chips is looking down at her velour sleeve like "What the heck am I wearing?!" 

Also, "little ladies show what it's like to be a BOSS on the playground".....um, that's not a playground.  It looks like a statue or fountain.   Maybe you should have had them play at a playground and take pics by the play equipment if "BOSS on the playground" is supposed to be the theme? I know I'm not a fashion designer and all, but, this is ad is a total fail.  (Not to mention that neck to toe velour and ruffles you can trip over at the bottom of your pants are hardly conducive for playing at the playground, anyways.)

Do they have Cracker Barrel in Michigan? Because a lot these clothes (especially the purple outfit on the left) looks like something grandmas buy for their granddaughters at the store part of Cracker Barrel. Yuck. 

• Love 21

He does seem to be following trends.. so I can't fault him for that... but how any of these types of clothing became trends I have no idea. The ruffles and velvet are really popular right now so he's not off on that (again, i have no idea why they're popular... but they are...).  And Nova's seems like a normal outfit.

• Love 4

All I see is a picture of kids giving themselves colds (hands in mouths). 

Maybe they picked this one because Nova legit looks like she's modeling. They could have cropped the other kids out though. Maybe too much work?

I think Tyler maybe styles Cate too? A'la Jeremy Renner? (deep cut there...)

• Love 9

Tyler does realize that there is no guarantee that if they have another baby it will be a boy, correct? I love how they're just adding more $$$ to Nova's future therapy bills. "Not only do you not live up to your BIG SISTER Carly, you disappointed daddy simply by being a girl!". Shut up Tyler. Sorry to tell you you're probably incapable of shooting boys. 

And I love how it says they do these ill advised podcasts because the "wounds are still fresh"....wouldn't that be the exact OPPOSITE time to be spouting off bullshit on a podcast? Wait until the dust settles, you've actually been committed to SOME sort of treatment, you have a clearer perspective of things, and then MAYBE share your experiences if you want to. Famewhoring idiots. 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Um...I guess these kids aren't professional models and all, but why is the advertisement showing a girl eating chips and a girl sucking her thumb? I guess at least Nova is giving fierce stare-off-into-the-distance-contemplatively face, but....this ad is weird for a kids clothing line.  No one looks happy...and the chips and thumb-sucking seems more a candid photo then a photo to promote your "business" or "brand."

The kid eating the chips is looking down at her velour sleeve like "What the heck am I wearing?!" 

Also, "little ladies show what it's like to be a BOSS on the playground".....um, that's not a playground.  It looks like a statue or fountain.   Maybe you should have had them play at a playground and take pics by the play equipment if "BOSS on the playground" is supposed to be the theme? I know I'm not a fashion designer and all, but, this is ad is a total fail.  (Not to mention that neck to toe velour and ruffles you can trip over at the bottom of your pants are hardly conducive for playing at the playground, anyways.)

Do they have Cracker Barrel in Michigan? Because a lot these clothes (especially the purple outfit on the left) looks like something grandmas buy for their granddaughters at the store part of Cracker Barrel. Yuck. 

Better Made chips are made in Detroit, Michigan made which is the same drivel he's spouting about his clothing line being made in Detroit.

That is a horrible shot of the other two little girls, I wonder if that' on purpose?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Tyler does realize that there is no guarantee that if they have another baby it will be a boy, correct? I love how they're just adding more $$$ to Nova's future therapy bills. "Not only do you not live up to your BIG SISTER Carly, you disappointed daddy simply by being a girl!". Shut up Tyler. Sorry to tell you you're probably incapable of shooting boys. 

And I love how it says they do these ill advised podcasts because the "wounds are still fresh"....wouldn't that be the exact OPPOSITE time to be spouting off bullshit on a podcast? Wait until the dust settles, you've actually been committed to SOME sort of treatment, you have a clearer perspective of things, and then MAYBE share your experiences if you want to. Famewhoring idiots. 

My therapist generally suggests not trying to talk about things while the wound is fresh, she says there is a time and place in the process to tell your story, but it’s not generally on social media, and it’s not before you have truly processed everything. Given that Cate herself has said she is not in therapy (while she’s looking for someone to see twice a week) she needs to have a stadium full of seats. 

*I’m not saying not to talk in general, or to a professional... I just mean spouting off publicly.

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 13

Dang, how long will it be before they have to find someone in Jacksonville, FL to buy some wire shelving units at Target and create a warehouse/shipping depot for their clothing line?  If nothing else, it will get their packing operation off their dirty, urine-soaked floor and onto a table. 

• Love 10

Teen Mom OG stars Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra have always been open about their mental health struggles, so it’s no surprise that the longtime reality stars shared the new mental health diagnoses they each recently received.  The pair appeared on the Voices For Change 2.0podcast earlier this week to discuss their battles with mental health issues.

Catelynn, who recently returned from her third stint at an Arizona treatment facility, revealed that she was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

“My official diagnoses because I have a few…it’s panic disorder, PTSD — I like to call myself a trauma survivor – and it’s depression, but it’s co-occurring depression or something like that,” Catelynn said. “It will go away and it will come back with the panic disorder. But it kind of surprised me to know that I was diagnosed with PTSD. I was really shocked by it… but it makes a lot of sense too. That’s my newest diagnosis.”

As ‘Teen Mom’ fans know, Catelynn had a very traumatic childhood. Her mother, April, spent years dealing with substance abuse issues, and Catelynn has battled mental health issues throughout her time on ‘Teen Mom.’

While his wife was away dealing with her issues, Tyler stated that he attempted to get more information about his own mental health struggles. He revealed on an earlier season of ‘Teen Mom’ that he first attempted suicide at age 11.

“That’s where I first started feeling depressed,” he said, explaining how he was acting out in school. “And, obviously, my dad going in and out of prison all the time. At 11, though, that’s when I attempted suicide and failed. After that my mom started to take me to therapy. I was on anti-depressants a bit.”

Tyler talked about his surprising new diagnosis.

“I’ve been diagnosed with depression here and there whenever I’ve gone back to therapy and whatnot throughout my whole life,” he said. “ Recently, I went to a new place and based on a couple of sessions I had with them, they said, ‘Look, looking at the snapshot of your symptoms, we think you may be on the bipolar spectrum as well.’

“That was pretty shocking to figure out, but also it made a lot of sense back to when I was younger,” Tyler added. “[I felt] this weird, random wave as a kid. But that was a lot to obviously digest that day. But getting back into therapy, I’ve been managing that stuff.”

Catelynn also talked about why she was willing to share her mental health struggles on ‘Teen Mom OG.’

“I talked a lot about it with my therapist when I was in treatment…my whole thing about me being vulnerable and sharing it [on the show]… I could have said no to the producers and the people who work on the show and they would have totally understood. If I was like, ‘Listen I’m going through a rough time and I’m not filming it and I don’t want it to be aired’ I could have [not filmed it].

“But my whole thing is, if I can save somebody’s life and show them that it’s OK to not be OK sometimes and there’s things that you can do to get help, that’s the only reason I did it,” Catelynn said. “I wanted to bring awareness to the mental health issues and show that it’s real. Some people think, ‘Oh you’re depressed, get the hell out of bed’ but, no, that’s not how it works. I just wanted to shine a light on that.”

Tyler and Catelynn will next appear on the  Coffee & Convos podcast, which is co-hosted by Teen Mom 2 star Kail Lowry.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

My official diagnoses because I have a few…it’s panic disorder, PTSD — I like to call myself a trauma survivor – and it’s depression, but it’s co-occurring depression or something like that,” Catelynn said. “It will go away and it will come back with the panic disorder. But it kind of surprised me to know that I was diagnosed with PTSD. I was really shocked by it… but it makes a lot of sense too. That’s my newest diagnosis.”

It’s a diagnosis not a freaking new pair of shoes! 

Is co-occurring depression the term for when you are only depressed when not on vacation? Because otherwise I think the term she is looking for is co-morbid.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Bridget said:

(Let's eat Grandma!)

Dead.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Co-occurring as in substance abuse and psychiatric ?

Probably, I just meant that for people who claim to be so well versed in all things mental health the proper term is “co-morbid”. I don’t work in psych currently so I could be wrong terminology changes all the time, but usually that is the term professionals would use for 2 concurrent illnesses/syndromes (and that’s not just in psych).

I wouldn’t expect a layperson to know that either, I’m just being snarky because C&T like to play the expert on mental health, it just strikes me as odd that Cate can’t figure out the term in the interview.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

Probably, I just meant that for people who claim to be so well versed in all things mental health the proper term is “co-morbid”. I don’t work in psych currently so I could be wrong terminology changes all the time, but usually that is the term professionals would use for 2 concurrent illnesses/syndromes (and that’s not just in psych).

I wouldn’t expect a layperson to know that either, I’m just being snarky because C&T like to play the expert on mental health, it just strikes me as odd that Cate can’t figure out the term in the interview.

She probably might plan on learning about her diagnoses and then maybe thinking about what that correct terminology means  if and when she actually sticks to an aftercare plan (?) that should’ve been set in stone prior to her leaving Arizona to get home in time to pack some ugly crushed velvet 70s inspired outfit for the MTV tapings in early March.

Maybe the spa place is comparable to the unwell schools in her area - that’s my takeaway! ?

7 hours ago, teapot said:

Dead.

Best compliment ever! Thanks! ?

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

First Cate and Tyler are open adoption advocates and now they want to be the face of Mental Health Awareness....WTF?!  They are neither....why do these two always have to have a cause....or should I say passion!  Cate was not at Sierra Tuscon for treatment...she was on vacation.  This marriage is on borrowed time.

Ugh. What happened? They'e not promoting betaynay anymore?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darknight said:

Wtf do these two know about mental health. Therapy is expensive and most regular people have a tough time affording it. These two fools are all about attention 

Well, they know that they have mental health issues and how to use them as excuses.*  That's all I got. 

*yes, mental health issues can be legitimate reasons. Cate/Tyler/Amber use "because mental health" indiscriminately and always to their advantage.

• Love 8

I'm sorry, but I just can't refer to Catelynn's "rehab" as a "spa"...when I think of spas, I think of a place where people go to relax, and get pampered with things such as facials, baths with essential oils, etc., etc. Basically, I equate a spa to not only giving you a bit of a mental cleanse, but a physical one as well...Catelynn looked liked she'd spent a week in the wilderness not bathing, and then threw on some makeup on top of 4 days worth of old makeup & set her greasy ass hair to "80's fry". I WISH she'd spend some time at an actual spa!! 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Dang, how long will it be before they have to find someone in Jacksonville, FL to buy some wire shelving units at Target and create a warehouse/shipping depot for their clothing line?  If nothing else, it will get their packing operation off their dirty, urine-soaked floor and onto a table. 

They can also use TTMs “warehouse” lol, those shelves were half empty and are not going to fill themselves. 

10 hours ago, leighroda said:

But she said...”or something like that” lol this bitch....smdh

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I'm sorry, but I just can't refer to Catelynn's "rehab" as a "spa"...when I think of spas, I think of a place where people go to relax, and get pampered with things such as facials, baths with essential oils, etc., etc. Basically, I equate a spa to not only giving you a bit of a mental cleanse, but a physical one as well...Catelynn looked liked she'd spent a week in the wilderness not bathing, and then threw on some makeup on top of 4 days worth of old makeup & set her greasy ass hair to "80's fry". I WISH she'd spend some time at an actual spa!! 

Okay, how about we refer to it as a buffet? Cate is being served five star meals and I am sure she is asking for seconds and thirds. 

After reading your post, it made me shudder at the thought of the fungi that must live within Cate's folds. 

@JuliesMommy you are on a roll! lol about the TTM shelves. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Okay, how about we refer to it as a buffet? Cate is being served five star meals and I am sure she is asking for seconds and thirds. 

After reading your post, it made me shudder at the thought of the fungi that must live within Cate's folds. 

@JuliesMommy you are on a roll! lol about the TTM shelves. 

Thanks Kaz! Lol I woke up in an extra bitchy/snarky mood this morning, that even “Taylor and his warehouse” are going to get shade. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

Thanks Kaz! Lol I woke up in an extra bitchy/snarky mood this morning, that even “Taylor and his warehouse” are going to get shade. 

I love it! Throw that shade. He annoys me with that shit. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Darknight said:

Ugh. What happened? They'e not promoting betaynay anymore?

"Experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? Bethany will help you! You can end up as happy as Teen Mom Cate is today! (Therapy at Arizona Spa not included; actually, no post-placement therapy will be included, sucker! And Dawn is going to ghost you unless you're on TV.)" 

I think Bethany stopped having them on their official payroll and as their face of open adoptions once it was clear that the cracks were starting to show early in TMOG.  C&T's "open adoption" wasn't at all like they had expected it to be/talked it up to be.  It became more & more obvious that Cate still has a lot of pain from her "wonderful" Bethany open-adoption and how it went down.  Bethany probably realized that C&T weren't making Bethany's adoption company services look so good after all.  Viewers unfamiliar with open adoption who previously thought such agreements were legally binding and that adoptive parents couldn't close open adoptions learned differently.  It made Bethany look like they may have taken advantage of a young teen from a poor, dysfunctional home who wanted to keep her boyfriend happy but wanted her baby.  Having a woman who has a lot of emotional issues that no doubt stem in large part from the adoption as an example for potential bio-moms isn't such a good look.   

If anything, Cate's story on TM/TMOG has made me even more pro-choice and wary of "Christian" adoption companies services (and how they portray open adoptions).  That's pretty much the complete opposite of what Bethany intended to happen when Cate ended up on the show(s).  They thought it would promote adoption/the pro-life agenda. Ha. 

I also suspect that once it became clear that C&T weren't ever going to finish college/accomplish their "goals," they got pregnant again outside of marriage, and they were openly admitting to smoking pot, the organization stepped back from them.  Their post-adoption life didn't fit nicely with Bethany's "Christian" image.  They sell the idea to bio-moms that if they place their babies for adoption, they can go on to finish college, marry a nice guy, have kids, and can raise a nice Christian family of their own one day (absolving them of any previous "sins," like getting pregnant out of wedlock).  Cate & Tyler purposefully having another baby when they had never finished any kind of post-secondary education/training, didn't have real jobs, weren't married, and were openly smoking pot (and going to Boogietown with April or letting Butch watch their infant) wasn't exactly the best look for Bethany's "Christian" Services.  (Dawn is still around from time to time, because sycophant famewhore.)  

I also suspect that the potential adoptive parents probably felt weird about shelling out tens of thousands of dollars to Bethany knowing that they could have a bio-parent like Tyler harassing them/belittling them/acting like the adoptive parents aren't the child's "real parents." It probably wasn't too enticing for Bethany's potential customers to see this fine example of a bio-parent they may have to deal with post-placement.

(Please note I'm not against adoptions at all as long as they're done ethically.)

ETA: I'm putting Christian in quotes here because I don't think Bethany is exactly a model of actual Christian values.
  • Love 19

"Experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? Bethany will help you! You can end up as happy as Teen Mom Cate is today!

Oh geez, for a split second I thought you copied this from their site!! lol  I thought, "Seriously, Bethany???!! Are you twisted??" 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

"Experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? Bethany will help you! You can end up as happy as Teen Mom Cate is today! (Therapy at Arizona Spa not included; actually, no post-placement therapy will be included, sucker! And Dawn is going to ghost you unless you're on TV.)" 

I think Bethany stopped having them on their official payroll and as their face of open adoptions once it was clear that the cracks were starting to show early in TMOG.  C&T's "open adoption" wasn't at all like they had expected it to be/talked it up to be.  It became more & more obvious that Cate still has a lot of pain from her "wonderful" Bethany open-adoption and how it went down.  Bethany probably realized that C&T weren't making Bethany's adoption company services look so good after all.  Viewers unfamiliar with open adoption who previously thought such agreements were legally binding and that adoptive parents couldn't close open adoptions learned differently.  It made Bethany look like they may have taken advantage of a young teen from a poor, dysfunctional home who wanted to keep her boyfriend happy but wanted her baby.  Having a woman who has a lot of emotional issues that no doubt stem in large part from the adoption as an example for potential bio-moms isn't such a good look.   

If anything, Cate's story on TM/TMOG has made me even more pro-choice and wary of "Christian" adoption companies services (and how they portray open adoptions).  That's pretty much the complete opposite of what Bethany intended to happen when Cate ended up on the show(s).  They thought it would promote adoption/the pro-life agenda. Ha. 

I also suspect that once it became clear that C&T weren't ever going to finish college/accomplish their "goals," they got pregnant again outside of marriage, and they were openly admitting to smoking pot, the organization stepped back from them.  Their post-adoption life didn't fit nicely with Bethany's "Christian" image.  They sell the idea to bio-moms that if they place their babies for adoption, they can go on to finish college, marry a nice guy, have kids, and can raise a nice Christian family of their own one day (absolving them of any previous "sins," like getting pregnant out of wedlock).  Cate & Tyler purposefully having another baby when they had never finished any kind of post-secondary education/training, didn't have real jobs, weren't married, and were openly smoking pot (and going to Boogietown with April or letting Butch watch their infant) wasn't exactly the best look for Bethany's "Christian" Services.  (Dawn is still around from time to time, because sycophant famewhore.)  

I also suspect that the potential adoptive parents probably felt weird about shelling out tens of thousands of dollars to Bethany knowing that they could have a bio-parent like Tyler harassing them/belittling them/acting like the adoptive parents aren't the child's "real parents." It probably wasn't too enticing for Bethany's potential customers to see this fine example of a bio-parent they may have to deal with post-placement.

(Please note I'm not against adoptions at all as long as they're done ethically.)

I'm an adoptive mom and heard about Bethany. Its so weird Bethany does not promote them anymore but I'm happy they're showing open adoption isn't really open and these Christian adoption agencies only care about themselves not birth moms. Once they get your baby you might not see them and the adoption can closed. 

C&T was promotng their pro-life tuff when in eariler seasons. I guess they were getting paid. 

You'e right about C&T being terrible role models as birth parents. After seeing how they act, who wants to deal with that?

Edited by Darknight
  • Love 6
Just now, druzy said:

Great business practice- tell potential customers they have a problem

tr.png

See my post above... lol ? just when I go and try to give this fuckin guy 1 kinda compliment... he goes and posts shit like this... ??‍♀️

• Love 4