Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

If anyone ever told me they didn't believe that I was suicidal....well, I'd Bye Felicia that person real damn quick.  

Oh gosh I hope my post didn't come across that I don't believe she was suicidal. She has always seemed pretty depressed to me, and with a lot of situational things that could make it much worse.  I was more worried that she is so enmeshed with Tyler that she might have taken on his suicide attempt as more emotional baggage and therefore get a tattoo like that "for" him. Something like that seems like it should be for and about her, and her only.

I'm probably still not explaining myself very well, but I hope that clarifies a little bit.

• Love 3

I hope she really did get good help at that therapy place, and even more importantly I hope she's got good followup care lined up at home.

With quality care, she would be scheduled for a follow-up immediately after discharge.  They're off on vacation somewhere instead of home where her (hopefully new) therapist would be located.

• Love 2

I just don't know what to believe in terms of the quality care that she has gotten. Maybe because she was relatively short there or because it was filmed, or because how they are acting about it post-rehab. I feel sad that at some point of her life she was suicidal, especially if that was the case when Nova became a part of the picture. I wish her nothing but well-being and happiness and hope that she's really doing good now.

• Love 1
Oh gosh I hope my post didn't come across that I don't believe she was suicidal. She has always seemed pretty depressed to me, and with a lot of situational things that could make it much worse.  I was more worried that she is so enmeshed with Tyler that she might have taken on his suicide attempt as more emotional baggage and therefore get a tattoo like that "for" him. Something like that seems like it should be for and about her, and her only.

I'm probably still not explaining myself very well, but I hope that clarifies a little bit.

I understand what you meant. Cate IS very co-dependent with Tyler. I could totally see her getting a tattoo to represent HIS "struggle". 

But it's quite possible she's had those thoughts herself. Catelynn's life seems so....small, to me. I really wish she could have a good length of time away from Tyler. What, was she gone for this treatment for a month? And he visited several times, didn't he? They did Couples Therapy together. They were seeing the same counselor back home. She IS too enmeshed with him. I know they're married and have a kid together, but I think her whole identity is Carly, Teen Mom, Nova - and that all includes Tyler. I don't know if she ever figured out who SHE is, individually. 

That's why, even if they make enough money from the show, I'd like to see these kids pursuing a degree or trade or something anyhow. If anything, it would help boost their confidence and round them out as people. I think they're all just really bored and way too self involved!

• Love 6

The best thing Catelynn and Tyler could do for their mental health is to stop all of the social media, get jobs or enroll in school, quit Teen Mom and lead relatively obscure lives.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 5

I think she looks really similar to Adderall Calvert.

I've said that before! Although I would say while I personally think her name is more unfortunate, Novalee is marginally cuter than Adderall.

I'm willing to bet money Catelynn had an actual suicidal attempt or very serious ideation, and that's not something I'm willing to personally snark about...I hope she got the initial help she neede and has the appropriate follow up care in place. I was hospitalized for an attempt like 10 years ago, but I was only in a local hospital for 3 days, and then had daily outpatient therapy hot about a month... So maybe since she was hospitalized longer she does not have to do the month long part of the follow up, but I really hope she has a good counselor, I wasn't very impressed with the last one on the show.

I really hope this isn't a narrative or storyline on the show, and I swear on everything holy if it is and Tyler comes on my screen for even a moment and makes this about him I will fly to Michigan and strangle him. (Disclaimer I do recognize that depression/suicide ideation can be extremely hard on the family and normally would understand that it could bring up some issues to them also, but my anger is more directed at Tyler because he seems to tend more toward turning everything into something about himself.

• Love 6

I've been in a few group therapy sessions and I gotta say, I have NEVER seen anyone look as joyful - or even joyful at all- as Tyler when he was constantly talking about his "suicide attempt". I'm sorry, but I just do not believe him. Gawd, I wish Catelynn (and MTV) would get rid of him!

• Love 7

So how in the world will they find family members

LOL.  In my mind I think they are going to do it Nev style in Catfish....using google search and the book of faces to magically find long lost family members.  

Silliness.  

• Love 1

MTV is airing the episodes where Cate is pregnant. 

Cate mentions having gained 60 pounds during her first pregnancy. She goes on a rant about eating pizza because she wants to while getting mad at Tyler for being able to eat anything he wants. Tyler is an ass for talking about the info about what a pregnant woman should weigh at 5 months. He mentions Cate has already gained 25 pounds. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

MTV is airing the episodes where Cate is pregnant. 

Cate mentions having gained 60 pounds during her first pregnancy. She goes on a rant about eating pizza because she wants to while getting mad at Tyler for being able to eat anything he wants. Tyler is an ass for talking about the info about what a pregnant woman should weigh at 5 months. He mentions Cate has already gained 25 pounds. 

I just saw that part. Thank you Lord for not allowing me to reach through the TV and strangle that a-hole's pencil neck.

• Love 8

Tyler can eat what he wants. Just like anyone can... if girlfriend doesn't care about HIS own weight gain. He's looking rather pudgy these days. Steam some veggies or shut the fuck up criticising other people! Maybe he should think about taking some walks. A long one, off a short pier.

• Love 10

Watched the re-runs today.  Tyler is a douche canoe but I absolutely got the feels when he assured Nick it was okay to cry if he wanted to after reading Butch's letter.  Good for him and good for Nick for having Tyler.  All of that aside, Tyler sucks ass.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katt said:

Tyler can eat what he wants. Just like anyone can... if girlfriend doesn't care about HIS own weight gain. He's looking rather pudgy these days. Steam some veggies or shut the fuck up criticising other people! Maybe he should think about taking some walks. A long one, off a short pier.

I love you and this post. 

I gained 55 lbs with my first pregnancy (lost all but 15 lbs before getting pregnant again 11 months later) and am now on track to be about the same weight I was at the end of this pregnancy as I was with my first. Granted, I'm probably 6"+ taller than Catelynn and have big babies (my son was almost ten pounds), but my doctor said most women she actually sees gain more like 45-55 lbs rather than around 35lbs. If my husband or anyone besides my doctor told me anything about gaining weight, I'd probably punch them in the nose.

• Love 6

IMO, he seems more concerned about how she looks than her health. He snarked at her in every frigging episode of that season when she was pregnant (and beyond). He could always word things hella differently but I don't think he's just tactless. I think he's simply an arsehole. 
I don't get how he's still considered the best bf/husband EVAH with so many people. Dude's abusive. 

• Love 6

Yea, Catelynn's goofy face just screams, "I can reunite you with a lost loved one". Not. More like, "I'm two seconds away from rocking in the corner and eating my hair". 

• Love 9
(edited)

Is anyone else thinking that probably if one has a chance to speak to the entire planet,  they should've probably said...oh, I don't know...ANYTHING BUT THAT???

ETA that I'm the farthest thing from a pearl-clutcher (and I'm all *for* legalization, especially after this bout of menstrual cramps I just suffered through) but I'm thinking of Carly, of Brandon  & Theresa, of younger fans, context, discretion....stuff like that 

Edited by teapot
  • Love 2

Tyler on his drug abuse (dependence?):  “whenever I have free time.”
He leads a responsibility-free life of leisure.  All his time is free time!  Grow the fuck up, Tyler.  Put the bong down and pick up a book to read to your neglected toddler.

• Love 7

Tyler needs to remember who is fan base is..a bunch of teen girls.  Are they really going to  help him get anywhere in life?  Also... Catelynn needs to  accept the fact that she  gave Carly up to " keep Tyler"...

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Also... Catelynn needs to  accept the fact that she  gave Carly up to " keep Tyler"...

That's why Catelynn won't leave Tyler, no matter how ginormous an ass/tool he is. She has to stay with him to validate that decision.

• Love 9

I called it. 

I was laughing at the idea that marijuana use was in the past. Thanks Tyler for proving me right. Not that I needed proof. 

On 5/3/2016 at 0:55 PM, ghoulina said:

Yea, Catelynn's goofy face just screams, "I can reunite you with a lost loved one". Not. More like, "I'm two seconds away from rocking in the corner and eating my hair". 

Eating her hair and chomping on her nails.

These two bum fucks deserve each other. Go on and puff away and burn through your money. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

http://www.twitter.com/TylerBaltierra/status/732956204989841408

Tyler makes me sick. He bullied and manipulated Catelynn into an adoption. What's this #birthfatherstrong crap?

He is so full of shit it's painful. He didn't want Catelynn so he didn't want Carly. I believe he doesn't want Nova now. He most likely fell asleep on his back and Catelynn pounced on the opportunity and got pregnant. Tyler probably figured they needed to keep Nova to keep those MTV checks coming in.  

He has no interest in this family life and Catelynn knows it.  She'll sooner chew her fingers clean off before she admits all she has with Tyler is a lot of wasted time.

• Love 7

I really hope these  two do something.. anything  with their lives ...the MTV audience is going to dwindle and eventually cancel  these two.  No one wants another season of Tyler patting himself on the back for giving Carly up for adoption  or watch Catelynn chew her nails  while parked on the couch... I believe if Tyler could figure out a way to stay relevant on MTV and collect  a check he would dump Catelynn

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Pdxblonde said:

I'm still wondering what these dolts DO all day?

I think Caracoa told us above. Tyler pats himself on the back and Cate sits on the couch chewing her nails. That is about it. 

• Love 4

I'm afraid for Catelynn..once the mtg gravy train ends I see them selling their house and their cars and possessions just to make ends meet.   Tyler will drop her and Catelynn Will be on state assistance before Nova is 10.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pdxblonde said:

I'm still wondering what these dolts DO all day?

They get high.  Tyler doesn't even hide his drug use anymore (is their contract with Bethanny Baby Stealers Inc. over?).

• Love 6
On 5/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, CofCinci said:

They get high.  Tyler doesn't even hide his drug use anymore (is their contract with Bethanny Baby Stealers Inc. over?).

Get high and burn through their MTV money. 

• Love 3

Marijuana is no big deal, way less of an issue than alcohol honestly. A good habit for anxious people if, as in anything, in moderation. That's the least of their problems. 

What the fuck is this business they started?!

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/21/2016 at 4:57 AM, CofCinci said:

http://www.twitter.com/TylerBaltierra/status/732956204989841408

Tyler makes me sick. He bullied and manipulated Catelynn into an adoption. What's this #birthfatherstrong crap?

Well, his May 18th entry is the only one, so whatever it is supposed to be, it went nowhere. #Embarrassing 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/birthfatherstrong

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 3
On 5/20/2016 at 0:52 PM, MargeGunderson said:

That's why Catelynn won't leave Tyler, no matter how ginormous an ass/tool he is. She has to stay with him to validate that decision.

Exactly. I think it works both ways, too. Catelynn takes Tyler's crap, because if they break up, she gave up Carly "for nothing." (In her mind. Giving Carly to B&T was the best thing they ever did) Tyler gives her so much crap because he feels obligated to stay with her, because without her, he's nothing. He quickly becomes the villain of their teen mom segments, like Gary, Jo, Adam, Corey and Ryan. (Some of then deserve to be seen as the antagonist, but the show is heavily skewed in the moms' favor.)

• Love 6

That tweet makes me ill. How did she change his life? Got him on a reality show so he could make some money and live in his own house? Because other than that, he's with the same chick, never went to school, they had a baby anyhow, and his fashion sense still sucks. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Marijuana is no big deal, way less of an issue than alcohol honestly.

If you're smoking it every day, all day, like Tyler promotes, they're just like their addict parents. 

• Love 10