Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

So I'm pretty late to the game because I haven't watched the last two episodes, but that sneak peek with Larry and Jen was intense as was Larry's comments about Ryan. Something really bad had to have happened because I don't think Larry would say that stuff otherwise. He's said shit about being done with Ryan before, but this reached a whole new level. "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire"? Damn, dude, that's harsh. I also think he and Jen had a really bad argument over the whole thing before the producer showed up. They were both near tears and there was some considerable distance between them on the couch. 

Maybe this was in reference to Cat Gate, but this extends way beyond Ryan being a lazy do-nothing. Drugs, thievery...something went down that we may not be privy to know right now. I really feel for Jen because she must feel so conflicted. Ryan may be a cat-killing monster, but he's her cat-killing monster. A mother's love for her child is something that's very hard to ignore or turn off. Larry's comments about Jen needing to move out if she doesn't like what's going on was so uncomfortable. I almost wish that that scene hadn't been filmed because I think it's something that they may come to regret in some time. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Sweet photo. She looks beautiful.

Ok, I got distracted bathing my kids, here's the full link:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-mom-ogs-maci-bookout-marries-taylor-mckinney-details-w443985

She does look really stunning, and a very appropriate dress.  Not virginal white and a little quirky per her style, while still really fits the occasion for a large wedding.  I hope they publish more pics of the reception.  It looks like the weather was nice, which is great!

I also like that she covered her ear guages with large pearl earrings!

And since I have to snark on something, in the article she says they are going on an eight day honeymoon.  

Eyeroll 

• Love 8

I'm sure you're right, @ginger90 but, cheesy fries, that's expensive! Gawd, my husband is lucky! Our wedding cost the price of the licence and that was it! If I were rich beyond my wildest dreams, I think I'd have the same again. Different strokes and all that...

• Love 2

From the US Weekly article:

“So eight days with no children and beer and a beach, it’s going to be awesome. I’d say by day five, though, we’re probably going to be missing the kids a lot! But we’ll try to enjoy it."

I have been known to drink beer and have enjoyed doing so.  However, with the furor raised over the fact that she clearly drank during this last pregnancy (whether that's the only one, we don't know), I would expect a little tact and maybe not making beer the focal point of your honeymoon, home decor and engagement photos.   She either really loves her some beer or it's just a big FU to everybody that complained about her drinking.

Edited by Cabarb
Edited because I can't spell
  • Love 6

b0159b2811ca44ac8e387bed4ed6532c?fit=max

Personally I don't care how much they drink, but I do find people that only brag about how much they drink to be boring.  We hear about how hard the kids are, how much work the company is, what do they do for fun?  Do they have any personality beyond "I like beer!"?

• Love 18

When it comes to drinking, Maci and Taylor act like a couple of 21-year-olds who are reveling in the fact that they can legally buy and drink alcohol now and nobody can stop them. I have to admit, my friends and I were the same way when we all turned 21, but we grew out of it rather quickly. Maci and Taylor are, what, 24 or 25? And they're still acting like they're hot-shots for drinking. I don't get it. Then again, they did meet when Maci got sick at a party and Taylor thoughtfully held her hair back while she puked her guts out. Maybe guzzling booze is really one of the only things they have in common. 

Now, the fact that their beer of choice is Bud Light is just unforgivable. I'm not a beer snob and I love me some domesticated beer, but, c'mon. They have children to think about. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 10

Yea, I could almost forgive Maci for acting like she's 21, as she had Bentley at a young age and did give up some of her partying years. (I know she actually lived in a party house with him, but I think for the first year or so she was pretty tame, and home with him a lot). But what's Taylor's excuse? I don't care if people like to drink, but do you have any OTHER interests? Beer? Beer was the interest that is so ingrained in who you are that you need to put it on koozys at your wedding? Wow. 

• Love 11

I do find the Bud Light references to be odd. I mean, I drink Bud Light, and it's a good binge beer (vs a darker or more hoppy microbrew), which is probably why Taylor and Maci like it, but the continued incorporation of Bud Light (specifically, vs just a general beer) into all their social media, wedding theme, and honeymoon posts is strange.

The best I can figure is Maci is bucking for some kind of endorsement/partnership with Bud Light, and she's sucking up by always mentioning them.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Now that Maci has that ring on her finger legally I don't think there will be any more "surprise pregnancies".

Ain't  it  funny how things like that work?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I could almost forgive Maci for acting like she's 21, as she had Bentley at a young age and did give up some of her partying years. (I know she actually lived in a party house with him, but I think for the first year or so she was pretty tame, and home with him a lot). But what's Taylor's excuse? I don't care if people like to drink, but do you have any OTHER interests? Beer? Beer was the interest that is so ingrained in who you are that you need to put it on koozys at your wedding? Wow. 

I don't know if I buy that. It came out a few years ago that Maci was barhopping all over the U.S. and getting drunk as hell with her friends. That was when Bentley was a toddler, so you could argue that she was getting all her partying out of her system. Now she's in her mid-twenties with two more children---one an infant, the other just over a year old---and she's still acting like a young kid just starting to drink for the first time. Her poor liver. Thing must be pickled in Bud Light by now. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Now that Maci has that ring on her finger legally I don't think there will be any more "surprise pregnancies".

I actually want to see Maci's finger. Unless she was doing that FUCKING annoying thing where chicks wear the whole wedding set while they're engaged, she should be able to star in her own James Bond film now. 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2016 at 10:26 PM, poopchute said:

I will wait to make my final judgement until I see more pics but I'm guessing her terrible back tattoos ruined that dress.  I don't think strapless was a good choice.  But maybe I'm wrong!

I like the dress and veil a lot, but her shoulder tattoo is clearly visible.

A friend of mine with a chest tattoo used Dermablend on her wedding day, you could not see it at all and I thought that was a  smart choice.  Maci should have considered that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Katt said:

I actually want to see Maci's finger. Unless she was doing that FUCKING annoying thing where chicks wear the whole wedding set while they're engaged, she should be able to star in her own James Bond film now. 

Yes! When she got engaged I didn't understand how you could wear a wedding band with that monstrosity.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I figure Ryan sold some of his father's tools for drugs. 

You're probably right. Something serious happened to make Larry reach his breaking point. I think discovering your son is abusing drugs, his mother possibly knowing this and covering for him and then have him steal from you to feed his habit would likely do it.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:45 AM, Maharincess said:

He just had a rival company ask him to come in to interview at almost double his current salary, he's been on his own since he was 20. But the most important thing is that he's a good, kind, caring, decent man who I am extremely proud of. I couldn't imagine having a child like Ryan. Or Adam, or any of Jenelle's men etc. (I am proud of my daughter too but this is about sons.). 

that's awesome!  my boy-child's all that stuff, too, but he never calls his mom, the little cretin!

ETA that boy-child called me when I was at lunch today!  and I've been smiling since, LOL...I think he was just bored somewhere but I'll take it!!!

Edited by teapot
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

his mother possibly knowing this and covering for him

I think that is really the crux of Larry's anger. I get the feeling whatever Ryan did, Jen knew about it before Larry did. So now Larry is angry at Jen, but also angry at Ryan for putting Jen in that position where she had to choose and she still chose Ryan.

• Love 7

Jen has definitely covered up for Ryan. She likely gave him money. She likely covered up his lies. She likely paid for Ryan's car payments and other things.  She is still enabling him by taking Bentley over to see him when Ryan should have gone to see his son play baseball and she provided him with a roof over his head when he was booted out. Ryan has surfed through life via Jen.

I don't think Larry is upset Ryan has a mental illness. Jen would have spoken up to defend Ryan if that was the case. I don't see Larry making Jen feel bad for caring and enabling Ryan if he did have a mental illness. Now, there are people who are mentally ill and do abuse drugs, but I don't think that is the situation here. 

• Love 8

I hate defending Maci, but here goes. From what I was told by my local church, the white wedding dress is similar to the white first communion dress and the white baptism outfit. It is just a color. It began as a pagan ritual that a bride who is a virgin is allowed to wear a white wedding dress. Also, white became the norm after Queen Victoria wore a white wedding dress. Growing up in the 70s, all I heard was if you married you better be a virgin in order to wear that white wedding dress. I am happy to post I was not a virgin and I didn't wear white when I married. Not because I was not a virgin, but because I find white boring.

I do love the color of Maci's dress, not because she has three kids, but because it looks good. I do think she chose the color because she may have felt it was not appropriate to wear white due to her having had three children. Maybe her mother and/or grandmother told her something.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Maybe she doesn't like white? I never wear white either. Most of my married friends lived with their now husbands before marriage and wore white at their weddings. I think they liked the idea of the traditional white dress, I doubt they were trying to signal that they were virginal. Also, regarding the tattoos, I personally don't care for Maci's tattoos, but she obviously likes them or she wouldn't have them. I don't really think there's a need for her to cover them up if she likes the way they look on her. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That's the only way his comments about Allen wrenches make sense. 

Idk, after I just watched Blac Chyna & Rob Kardashian practically break up over French fries (Chik Fil A waffle fries, but still...) I'm thinking anything's possible!!

• Love 4

Yeah... you can wear whatever color wedding dress you want regardless of your sexual history on your wedding day. It's a color. Colors have changed meaning over time and the white wedding dress as a purity thing is a modern idea. I'm reminded of the episode of The Office where Phyllis gets married and Angela comments on her wearing white.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Maybe she doesn't like white? I never wear white either. Most of my married friends lived with their now husbands before marriage and wore white at their weddings. I think they liked the idea of the traditional white dress, I doubt they were trying to signal that they were virginal. Also, regarding the tattoos, I personally don't care for Maci's tattoos, but she obviously likes them or she wouldn't have them. I don't really think there's a need for her to cover them up if she likes the way they look on her. 

But Maci was trying on white wedding gowns several episodes ago. My theory is she was told by either her mother or grandmother, or possibly both of them told Maci it would be better if she wore something that wasn't white. Maci's mom sure didn't look happy or pleased with Maci as she put on those wedding dresses in the store. I had wondered if perhaps it was due to the color of the dress. Maci has mentioned her grandmother more than once on how she was the one pushing her into being married. That's what Maci says. No doubt Maci wanted it as well, but I can see her grandmother likely pressing the issue. Maci then mentioned her grandfather was the one who was going to officiate at her wedding. Is he a pastor? Maci may have just gotten an earful from the grandparents and her mom and decided on the other color.

• Love 3

I think Larry was a little tipsy or downright drunk as he sat there red-faced & relaxed in his furry blanket on the couch letting it rip about Ryan (& Jen). Jen looked somewhat mortified that he was saying all this on camera. Don't get me wrong, I think Larry has no Fs to give left in that scene but I also think he had some liquid relaxant helping him (and I'd probably have to have a few glasses of wine after dealing with Ryan possibly stealing my tools/kicking him out/the stuff with Jen/etc, -No judgement). 

I want someone tangentially connected to Ryan but in the know to spill the beans. Is it a drug problem? A combo of a TBI & drug problem? What happened to cause Larry to kick him out? Shelby? Dallis? Anyone wanna sell an article to Radar or spill the beans to The Ashley???? We need to know! Lol

• Love 12

I agree that Larry came across as drunk, too. Can't really blame him if his week was that shitty with the fights.  To me Ryan comes across as a total druggie. What does he do with his TM money, for example? 

I will fully own up to my old lady prudish streak.  To me it isn't so much that Maci wasn't a virgin because, lets face it, most brides aren't and the vast majority wear white. But when you've already got 3 kids, 2 with the same guy, the jig is kind of up that you're starting your lives together as a kind of fresh-faced bride. Mileage varies on that, I'm sure.

• Love 9

Let me preface this by saying: I think drugs are at least a part of Ryan's problem. There may be other factors at play like a TBI or brain damage that changed his personality. 

Maci loves to bad mouth Rhiiiine. If he had a drug problem, I feel like Maci would be screaming it from the hills for her storyline and because she loves to dump on Ryan. I also think that instead of her hoping Ryan would spend more time with Bentley, she'd be trying to limit any possible time Bentley had with Ryan without his parents around, etc. She'd be glad Jen & Larry were around whenever Ryan was with Bentley. So does Maci maybe not know he has a drug problem? Or is she smart enough not to talk about it on TV because she doesn't want Bentley's friends to make fun of him for having a junkie dad or perhaps because Mimi Jen pleaded for her not to?

I just feel like just as Maci would state if Ryan had a TBI, she'd be screaming about Ryan being a drug addict. It's so weird. 

Again, we need someone in the know to sell a story to Radar or The Ashley. Shelby? Dallis? What are y'all doing? Can you please "get back with Ryan" for a tiny amount of time so you can investigate for us? Then report back?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Again, we need someone in the know to sell a story to Radar or The Ashley. Shelby? Dallis? What are y'all doing? Can you please "get back with Ryan" for a tiny amount of time so you can investigate for us? Then report back?

How about one of us? Who's willing to take one for the team? Date ryan to get the scoop?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I figure Ryan sold some of his father's tools for drugs. 

I also think it's something like that.  An addict will do ANYTHING to get their drugs. I told you guys about my family member stealing multiple bottles of my pain medicine the day I got out of the hospital where I had major spinal surgery.  She stole a months worth of my medication and I went completely without for a few days until I got it straightened out. I had to file a police report before I could get my medicine replaced.   I really think that's what happened here, I think Ryan was stealing from Larry and Jen and probably other family members.  He had been doing that, then with the cat shooting Larry finally snapped.I hope Larry and Jen's marriage can withstand this. Theirs is one of the only, if not the only relationship on the show that seems happy and stable.   In the case of my family member who stole from me it was her dad who enabled her.  She was daddy's little princess and he gave her whatever she wanted.  Their divorce was finalized this summer.  I hope that doesn't happen here. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

How about one of us? Who's willing to take one for the team? Date ryan to get the scoop?

My husband is as curious as the rest of us. He says he's willing to volunteer me, as long as I can snag him one of those trendy leather-pocket tees. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm wondering what happened for Larry to let Ryan move back in after all this. We know this episode was filmed in June and in August articles about the cat killings mentioned him living with them in their home.  Unless that's incorrect.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I will fully own up to my old lady prudish streak.  To me it isn't so much that Maci wasn't a virgin because, lets face it, most brides aren't and the vast majority wear white. But when you've already got 3 kids, 2 with the same guy, the jig is kind of up that you're starting your lives together as a kind of fresh-faced bride. Mileage varies on that, I'm sure.

I agree. It has nothing to do with her "virginal" status and more to do with, they are not starting a new life together as much as having a party and getting a legal piece of paper. They have 2 kids together and have bought 2 homes together. Their lifestyle is already that of a couple that has been married for several years.

I also do not believe Ryan has TBI or he and Jen would be shouting it from the rooftops. My brother is an addict and my mother is an enabler as well. She will come up with every reason on earth to explain that nothing could possibly be his fault and that would be her Ace in the hole. I don't think Maci calls him a drug addict in public because she wants to shelter Bentley.

• Love 6