Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

To me, "step-dad" is someone who is permanently in your life and takes on a somewhat father-like role in the house (but does NOT necessarily replace your father). With the way people enter into, and get out of, marriages so cavalierly these days, I'm not going to insist one being married to the parent to get the "step" title. Some couples never get married and some men are more of "fathers" to your kids than their real fathers are. Same goes for mothers. 

But none of this applies to Matt. He's only been on the scene a few years, and given how often Amber shirks her time with Leah, it's not like he's spent a massive amount of time with her. Granted, he does appear to take better care of her than Amber. But that's not saying a lot. 

I think she should just call him "Matt" or "hey, you". It's not like he's going to be around forever. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

or greasy asswipe?

This is the most appropriately disgusting moniker for a human being I've ever read. Seriously. I'm simultaneously revolted by the imagery of the two words together, but can think of no better fitting alias for this guy. "Douche" didn't cover it. This absolutely does. And barf.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is the most appropriately disgusting moniker for a human being I've ever read. Seriously. I'm simultaneously revolted by the imagery of the two words together, but can think of no better fitting alias for this guy. "Douche" didn't cover it. This absolutely does. And barf.

I'm sorry! @Uncle JUICE! My computer fought me on the word as well. But hey it's the worst thing I can think of. I grossed myself out. I can't believe Amber is even with this dude. It's a strong race to grossness between him and Janelle's equally disgusting boyfriend.  

• Love 4
On February 26, 2017 at 2:54 PM, mamadrama said:

Yeah, I wasn't comparing my situation to Matt's. He is a loser and could have given up a trip to Vegas, a fake ebay guitar, or one of his trade in cars to pay that. I wasn't trying to defend him or compare the situations-I was just venting.

Sorry to hear you're going thru that @mamadrama. Hope it will be resolved soon . I love your posts and glad you get away from that stress by snarking here with us at Ptv ! 

https://thedirty.com/celebrities/matt-baier/matt-baiers-book-claims-amber-portwood-was-threatened-pay-up-or-stories-will-come-out/#post-2185016

"Exclusive" preview from Matt's book:

“Everybody had a story. Everybody had a picture. Everybody had a wild tale to tell and the media ate it up.

Hell, they still do. There was a story recently about my past drug use that referred to me as the ‘slimy, sleazy fiancé of Amber Portwood.’

The fact of the matter is that I have not done the majority of what’s been written about me. I have no criminal record. I barely have a background. The press has invented sins based on the word of people looking to get paid and be famous.

One of those very people texted Amber and I and said, ‘Pay me, or I’m going to keep selling stories to the press.’

Now, one might wonder how tabloids and gossip magazines and websites get away with printing salacious garbage. It’s not much of a secret, but it involves a few tricks. One is to use scare quotes in headlines such as ‘Teen Mom’ Star Matt Baier’s ‘Troubling’ Past—the words with single, scare-quotes around them mean nothing other than someone used the word at some point. Another trick is to use the word ‘allegedly’ before any accusation. Another is to simply say “a source said” and then accuse someone in the text. Another headline trick is to pretend you’re asking a question. These are all dirty little ruses to avoid lawsuits—which isn’t to say media outlets don’t get sued all the time.

They do.

A tabloid reporter went off-record with me one day. Someone amongst the many who had been ripping me up. I asked them, over the phone, ‘Why are you doing this to me?’

The answer was that people click on my name and it was simply a job for this particular reporter. It was business. Nothing personal. More clicks meant more money for that company and, maybe, that reporter.

So why do people click on those stories about me?

I think it’s because they can’t get over the age difference between Amber and I. It’s shocking to them. Some of it, I’m sure, has to do with the demographic of Teen Mom viewers, who are generally younger. They’re wonderful, but they don’t understand.

If you’re nineteen, and you’re watching this show, your father might be younger than me. I just turned forty-five. Amber and I got together when I was forty-two. To the kids watching this show, I might as well be 100.

That’s another thing to point out. Amber and I have been in a relationship for three years. This isn’t some new thing where Amber learns secrets about my life via supermarket tabloids and gossip websites. Really, who do you think knows me more, the person I’ve spent twenty-four hours a day with for the last three years, or somebody I met in a bar fifteen years ago, and never even got their last name?

The people who now have stories to sell are the people who wanted to have nothing to do with me back in the day. Today, they claim they had hot and heavy crazy relationships with me. When all this was going on, and new stories were popping up daily, one of my exes—who I actually did have a relationship with, and you’ll meet her later—stepped up. She reached out to the press and told them she was with me during those times and none of this stuff was true. Know what the reporters did?

They hung up on her.

Because the truth wasn’t what they wanted. They didn’t think the truth got clicks. They didn’t think the truth sold magazines.

Well, now it’s my turn.

After reading this book, my only hope is that, for once, you won’t think you know, but rather, you actually will. Thank you in advance for giving me a chance to, once and for all, have my say and tell my side of things.

Let’s get started at the real beginning of my real story: World, meet Matt Baier.”

• Love 1

Matt is delusional. All the people I know who watch Teen Mom are my/Amber's age or older, definitely not kids. And regardless, the issue with Matt goes FAR beyond his age. That's the tip of the iceberg and hardly relevant when we look at his history.

Oh, you've been together three years, that means you can't have possibly manipulated and gaslighted her at all in that time. That never happens. Pfft. We all know Matt is perfectly capable of lying to somebody 24/7 for years.

I can't believe this moron has a 'book'. I'm an aspiring author, always have been, and am currently doing a masters degree in literature. Yet this bozo rocks up out of nowhere with his eleventy kids he doesn't care for/pay support for/acknowledge in general, sneakily moves into some girl's house (after she was the only one out of all the single TMs dumb enough to fall for his bull), claims his 'haters' are all lying about him and actually care about his shit in the first place, and writes a book.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

That’s another thing to point out. Amber and I have been in a relationship for three years. This isn’t some new thing where Amber learns secrets about my life via supermarket tabloids and gossip websites. Really, who do you think knows me more, the person I’ve spent twenty-four hours a day with for the last three years, or somebody I met in a bar fifteen years ago, and never even got their last name?

Dude....  We watched as Amber found out about your secret children. 

• Love 12

"World, meet Matt baier." Wtf? Does he think the show teen mom is on the same level of shows like the walking dead? Dude, you're a middle age man on a show about knocked up teenagers, the whole world isn't watching and to be quite frank, I don't know why I watch a bunch of lazy mothers do nothing all day while sleeping with losers.

I'm sorry, Matt, you tell a convincing story, a story which I'll give you kudos for but I'm believing the words of the mothers who raised your children while you went Taco hopping to other naive and vulnerable women.

Quit using your age difference as a crutch to why people hate you. Farrah and Simon didn't call you a pedofile because you're with Amber it's because you have that creepy face most pedophiles have with the glasses and all. My husband is a lot older than I am sooooo I don't hate you for your age gap.

You just creep me the fuck out and I don't care for a man that can be Johnny Appleseed to all of these women and not be man enough to support them, if not financially but emotionally. You suck as a human and I hate how you're ruining my hometowns sexy accent with your saliva swishing mouth.

Edited by Calm81
Phone typed your instead of you're - screw THAT!
  • Love 13

It's been pointed out (and I believe verified beyond a doubt) that Matt reached out to many of the Teen Moms, and Amber was just the only one stupid enough to give him the time of day. Even Jenelle said no, thanks. This isn't some great, age transcending love, this is a con artist who tried the same schtick  on multiple women until he found one dumb enough to fall for it. Lucky for Matt, Amber is as pigheaded as she is common sense deficient.  Also, if Matt thinks it's a selling point that he hasn't let Amber out of his sight for one minute over the last 3 years, he's is completely mistaken.

• Love 16

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/03/16/amber-portwood-reveals-wedding-date-post-teen-mom-plans/

And the wedding is back on for October.  And they think her "boutique" will pay the bills after her TM checks stop 'rolling in'.  I guess, I'm not sure.  My eyes hurt from reading this article after reading the 'Teen Mom Star, Matt Baier' book preview.  With all of his super intelligent sounding 'Amber and I' words.  Because yes, "someone texted I" sounds really smart.  

I really like both of these shows but I would also like to see Amber and Matt kicked to the side, along with Jenelle and David.  I'd rather watch Leah with her father and Jace with his mother than these 4 numbnuts.  

• Love 9

I really hope that excerpt isn't the final version with that many grammatical errors.

1 hour ago, MissMel said:

My eyes hurt from reading this article after reading the 'Teen Mom Star, Matt Baier' book preview.  With all of his super intelligent sounding 'Amber and I' words.  Because yes, "someone texted I" sounds really smart.  

Ugh agreed. It drives me NUTS when people say "blank and I" trying to sound like they are a grammar expert, when actually it just makes them sound ridiculous!! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MissMel said:

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/03/16/amber-portwood-reveals-wedding-date-post-teen-mom-plans/

And the wedding is back on for October.  And they think her "boutique" will pay the bills after her TM checks stop 'rolling in'.  I guess, I'm not sure.  My eyes hurt from reading this article after reading the 'Teen Mom Star, Matt Baier' book preview.  With all of his super intelligent sounding 'Amber and I' words.  Because yes, "someone texted I" sounds really smart.  

I really like both of these shows but I would also like to see Amber and Matt kicked to the side, along with Jenelle and David.  I'd rather watch Leah with her father and Jace with his mother than these 4 numbnuts.  

They are getting married in October "ideally" on the 10th? How do they not know? And that's a Tuesday.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

They are getting married in October "ideally" on the 10th? How do they not know? And that's a Tuesday.

Aw, @poopchute, you don't speak Grifter? OK, let me translate:

"We will get married assuming the cameras will film it and pay for it. Since we don't know the production schedule 7 months out, and they haven't offered to pay for the wedding yet, we will throw out a date to put us on their radar, but also let them know we are flexible. And if Teen Mom doesn't get renewed by Oct or they don't offer to pay, then we probably won't get married, so I don't want to be on the hook for explaining to all the leg humpers with inexplicably low standards why I didn't marry their queen. Oh, and I just rattled off a date in the quasi distant future without thinking of what day it landed on, since it's not like I have a job or any other commitments so Tuesday and Saturday are virtually interchangeable to me."

• Love 15

Sweet baby Moses, WTF did I just read? Pass me some migraine medication, please! Who is the ghostwriter for this pile of garbage called a book?

. Really, who do you think knows me more, the person I’ve spent twenty-four hours a day with for the last three years, or somebody I met in a bar fifteen years ago, and never even got their last name?

Isn't that how a lot of one-night stands happen? Matt, we know how you work. You could care less about a last name. All you wanted in a female was to know you could get into her pants and walk away with some $$ in your pocket. If you impregnated her, oh well. 

Also, if Matt thinks it's a selling point that he hasn't let Amber out of his sight for one minute over the last 3 years, he's is completely mistaken

Exactly. It makes him look like he is a loser with no job, which we know is true. It makes him seem like he can't keep Amber out of his sight because he is a controlling bastard, which we know is true. It also makes Amber look like she can't wipe her ass and feed herself, like Boxing Helena, without Matt there to do it for her. Just insert anything here and it fits.

Tatum you are spot on about the wedding date and what it means.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

"A typical day starts at 7 a.m., when I begin dealing with all the manufacturers while making sure each item is still in stock and then reordering what's selling out. I also keep in touch with customers and spend time researching trends and planning for the next upcoming season.

ie, "sometimes I stay up late eating popcorn and watching Lifetime movies, and I fall asleep on the couch. Sometimes I wake up around 7 and log on to twitter before going upstairs to pass out again until noon or so. "

"I started the boutique because I was getting requests from Teen Mom fans all over the world about my outfits and makeup,"

Yes, Amber's matching sweatsuits and messy ponytails were quite inspiring.

Of his fiancée, Baier says, "I'm so proud of Amber's business and, more importantly, how far she's come as a person. When she sets her mind to something, she exceeds everyone's expectations."

This is true only because no one expects her to succeed at anything, so even a minor professional triumph counts.

"I think about and miss my daughter every minute she's not with me."

ie, "I forfeit a lot of time with my child so I can focus on myself. You can't pour from an empty cup, you know. But I miss her when I'm in Vegas or Puerto Rico or sitting on my couch. I'm sure she understands."

when Teen Mom is over, it's not going to be the end of my journey, but the beginning."

The beginning of a journey living on minimum wage, maybe. And single, since Matt will find someone else on which to mooch off.

• Love 14

Farrah and Simon didn't call you a pedofile because you're with Amber it's because you have that creepy face

They should have said exactly why - because he spends more time with a minor child than her own mother does. Another thing they should have called him was a rapist.

one of my exes—who I actually did have a relationship with, and you’ll meet her later—stepped up. She reached out to the press and told them she was with me during those times and none of this stuff was true.

If she stepped up, she surely must have dollar signs in her eyes.  I have read enough from the exes you left behind with children and no support.

Matt: "One of those very people texted Amber and I and said, ‘Pay me, or I’m going to keep selling stories to the press.’

And instead of going to the police to file extortion charges you decide to save this information for this "book". Where is this text? How is it this person from YOUR past has Amber's phone number?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I thought Amber quit Teen Mom?  Funds must be getting low!  

These women will never quit the series.  Farrah is hated because she walked away and TM/MTV caved to her demands.  This isn't the cast of Friends -- they aren't paid the same.  The only ones that can survive the end of the series are Farrah (if her businesses don't fold) and Chelsea (because she married a stable man with a stable career).  The rest are fucked.  If Kail starts living within her means and can find stable employment, she might be okay.

As for Amber, she's totally fucked when the TM cash disappears, which is why her "I'm going to quit!" proclaimations are so ridiculous. Amber isn't going anywhere. Scumbag Matt is creating one of those igloo like cages they use for veal baby calves.  He will have her up in front of the camera Weekend at Bernie's-style if needed.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

How about you pay your taxes?!!  Then invest. 

Or rent, or child support, or any of the other expenses she is legally obligated to pay, yet has inexplicably decided laws don't apply to her.

• Love 6

So her busy life includes laying in bed day and night and sending out pics of herself with all those stupid filters. That's a talent that'll come in handy in life. 

She also shared a video of Boooo on a swing with Amber teasing her about never brushing her hair. It seemed very embarrassing for Leah, but then what isn't. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The Dead Boys would spit on him. 

16 minutes ago, peskipiksi said:

More from Matt's book (some overlaps with what was quoted upthread):  (My favorite is line two...he didn't even know Teen Mom was still filming, you guys!  His love was pure!)

Um....yea, right. He didn't know they were still filming? He didn't know that he would be in many scenes? This is the dude who clearly followed the entire TM franchise well enough to have reached out to not one, but THREE of the girls (that we know of). He knew exactly what he was doing. His desire for fame and money overruled the risk he was taking by putting his shifty ass on national TV. 

• Love 7

Boo Boo is dressed for Halloween. 

So I'm guessing Leah is there for spring break, but Amber is still snapchatting all night long with her headphones on. More quality time with "my stepdad". Matt always looks ... sticky or something. Ick 

• Love 2