Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, druzy said:

“People are saying stuff about me and my addiction saying that I’m back on drugs,” Portwood exclusively told us. “It’s not true.”

I’m simply on medication for my mental illnesses,” she elaborated. “So that’s another thing that people like to make fun of as well.”

One can abuse prescribed medications, even psychopharms for mental illnesses.

The couple also shared that, “TMZ had contacted us about this story last week. They were going to run it, but once we told them that it was not true- and offered proof- they did more research and contacted us back to acknowledge we were right and that the story was going to be killed. Sadly, other outlets- even when offered the proof that it was not true- decided to run it anyway.”

They offered proof to TMZ but not to the landlord?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

"We spoke directly with Portwood to squash this rumor immediately. Read on to see what she had to say."

Now that's some unbiased reporting right there, lol!

lol  Just the other day that guy tweeted on Amber's Twitter how he knows them [Amber and Matt] and how they are friends. Some shit like that. I read it when reading the tweets from the previous page.

• Love 2

Amber got a decent burn in when she told Farrah to shut her crooked lips, but that was some mid 90s Jerry Springer fodder right there. No one came out looking very good.

Amber, Amber, Amber. Did having an older brother teach you anything? The minute you have a reaction to something, it's going to get exploited.

Amber's over the top rage was kind of offensive, really. Despite Matt's laundry list of crimes and personal failings, I don't believe there's been anything to suggest he's a pedophile. It would be a lot more impressive if Amber would call out Farrah for her use of "pedophile" as a generic insult, because it's a fucking disturbing crime, not a "joke", Farrah. But of course Amber doesn't give a shit about the bigger picture; she just cares that someone insulted "her man".

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Not sure where to post this, or if it has been posted before.  This is the UNEDITED UK version of Amber's rant at the reunion.  It is pretty intense when you hear what actually comes out of her mouth instead of just bleeps.

What a great example to set for your children!

• Love 2

Well. I didn't get much more out of that than the version we saw, except more cursing. LOL! I seem to remember Amber claiming there was more that we didn't see, as if it would make us understand her side more? Ummmm....I didn't see anything except for she and Matt storming the stage like angry apes. I do think the pedophile comments were a bit much. It's not something you joke about. But they could have handled it better by just not giving it any attention. 

And I still can't get over Catelynn in her Florence Henderson clown pants shouting "trashy bitch!" from backstage....thereby making herself the very definition of a trashy bitch. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And I still can't get over Catelynn in her Florence Henderson clown pants shouting "trashy bitch!" from backstage....thereby making herself the very definition of a trashy bitch. 

There are a million things one can call Farrah - but in that moment, she wasn't a "trashy bitch."  She was actually pretty reserved given she had a drug addict lunatic yelling in her face.

• Love 7

According to Ambie:  "The lawsuit/eviction filing was done improperly. It was a complete and utter misunderstanding. When it was filed, the person that filed the paperwork- and has since rescinded it on the same day- has admitted such. In text message to us, we were told to ignore the quote rumors because they’re not true. It was filed mistakenly and we were apologized to hours later when we found out about it."

If the paperwork has been rescinded, why would Ambie and Gnat still need to involve their attorney?  Maybe because nothing has been rescinded in the real world?

appearance.jpg

• Love 7
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

There are a million things one can call Farrah - but in that moment, she wasn't a "trashy bitch."  She was actually pretty reserved given she had a drug addict lunatic yelling in her face.

Yeah, Farrah knew what she was doing. I mean, she's had her own freakouts in the not so distant past, but Farrah IS savvy enough to know that for someone like Amber, with a quick temper, who takes herself super seriously and has a lot of pride, the way to REALLY get under her skin is not to yell back, not to make threats, but to remain completely calm, but slightly mocking, as though Amber's tirade is amusing somehow. Had Farrah screamed back, that might have, instead of escalating the situation (like you'd normally expect), had the reverse effect of calming Ambie down, since Amber was getting the satisfaction of getting a reaction from Farrah and may have stepped back. But no, Farrah's unruffled demeanor in the face of Amber screaming is what REALLY infuriated her.

I've been Farrah in that situation (luckily it's been decades since I've been Amber), and it's surprisingly easy to remain calm as a strategy when you know that is what is really going to piss the other person off (and again, it's not just remaining calm- it's the general mocking undertone of your calmness- there's a difference).  In this case it was fine as they were being filmed and had security guards on hand, but that is a dangerous game to play with a mentally unstable person.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, Farrah knew what she was doing. I mean, she's had her own freakouts in the not so distant past, but Farrah IS savvy enough to know that for someone like Amber, with a quick temper, who takes herself super seriously and has a lot of pride, the way to REALLY get under her skin is not to yell back, not to make threats, but to remain completely calm, but slightly mocking, as though Amber's tirade is amusing somehow. Had Farrah screamed back, that might have, instead of escalating the situation (like you'd normally expect), had the reverse effect of calming Ambie down, since Amber was getting the satisfaction of getting a reaction from Farrah and may have stepped back. But no, Farrah's unruffled demeanor in the face of Amber screaming is what REALLY infuriated her.

I've been Farrah in that situation (luckily it's been decades since I've been Amber), and it's surprisingly easy to remain calm as a strategy when you know that is what is really going to piss the other person off (and again, it's not just remaining calm- it's the general mocking undertone of your calmness- there's a difference).  In this case it was fine as they were being filmed and had security guards on hand, but that is a dangerous game to play with a mentally unstable person.

you know, I wonder, if Farrah was a generally sweet, good-natured girl (for some reason I'm going to slander Mackenzie MacKee from TM 3 right now b/c I thought she had a sex tape too? or was going to?  but she seems like  a sweetheart) I wonder if the other girls would have been slut-shaming Farrah and talking crap on her this whole time.  I wonder if they hate her b/c she's a vile human and that was an easy shot to take?

6 minutes ago, teapot said:

you know, I wonder, if Farrah was a generally sweet, good-natured girl (for some reason I'm going to slander Mackenzie MacKee from TM 3 right now b/c I thought she had a sex tape too? or was going to?  but she seems like  a sweetheart) I wonder if the other girls would have been slut-shaming Farrah and talking crap on her this whole time.  I wonder if they hate her b/c she's a vile human and that was an easy shot to take?

Eh, I think they would clutch their pearls and talk about Mackenzie's lack of morals behind her back, but they would probably be pretty nice to her face and their go to insult wouldn't be "you had a dick in your ass, therefore you have forfeited any right to voice a negative opinion on anything ever" (they'd think it though).

I'm no Farrah fan, but if Amber even tries to play the morality card in reference to Farrah's work in the sex industry, while she regularly pays the bills for a mooch who has abandoned nine kids, skimps on child support and time with her own child, and has had to be brought to court in order to pay past due rent, fuck her very much.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, druzy said:

But I thought it was a mistake, and the suit or whatever was rescinded. Everything she's trying to say sounds like a rental...if it was a true mortgage there wouldn't be another owner, they wouldn't care if the house was damaged because Amber would be the owner in her scenario.  To me it sounds like they have piss poor credit and had to pay that much for a security deposit. If the owner thought the house were in shambles could they not let the owner see it's truly not?  They are talking themselves in circles and she thinks by bringing up how much they paid/spent sounds classy but it makes her look dumb because she's spending way more than necessary.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Farrah had a plan to make Amber look unhinged while she remained calm and innocent looking. Farrah knows that Amber has been working hard (sortove) to clean up her and Matt's image and this reunion ruined it for Amber now she can't use "It was when I was on drugs," as an excuse. Farrah knew what she was doing because I've seen Farrah get in people's faces, too. Farrah isn't as dumb as she looks lol. I'm not saying I side with Farrah but she played that hand nicely and Amber walked away looking like the drama queen who is unstable that can break at any moment with rage.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Amber needs to fix her crooked lips, in this video.  Her pills are showing.  And Gnat can shut up with his "we" and "our" words.  "We" don't own anything Matt.  

Amber does though, she owns you.

I know, right? Who is Amber to talk about Farrah's lips? Look at Amber's mouth. And that shit is natural! Look at this photo of Amber as a child:

amber_childhood.jpg

Don't even get me started on Amber's chins and her new look since plastic surgery. Wasn't the point of plastic surgery to get rid of the fat? Amber looks heavier since then.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Amber needs to fix her crooked lips, in this video.  Her pills are showing.  And Gnat can shut up with his "we" and "our" words.  "We" don't own anything Matt.  

Amber does though, she owns you.

I'd say it's less that she owns him, and more that he's a long term rental. If she owned him she could keep him. He'll leave once she's no longer useful.

• Love 7
On 2/14/2017 at 5:38 PM, CofCinci said:

“People are saying stuff about me and my addiction saying that I’m back on drugs,” Portwood exclusively told us. “It’s not true.”

Her inability to apply lipstick says otherwise.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, druzy said:

If she owns the house, how could someone be trying to resell it? Why would anyone care if there was a hole in the wall?  No one knows or cares what I do in my home because I own it. No one can sell it because I own it. The idea is preposterous.  Does she not know whether or not she owns the home she is living in? How can you be confused about that?

• Love 7

She likely knows she is lying through her teeth and just won't admit it.

But, I suppose it's vaguely possible that Matt took her $32K or whatever the down payment was, pocketed it, handed her some mocked up warranty deed that he created at Kinkos, and Amber honestly believes they own that house. The "private investor" is probably a friend of his. He probably told Amber, listen, I can get us a great deal on the house, and we'll pay far less than getting a traditional mortgage with Wells Fargo or Citibank or whatever. This investor will take care of all the paperwork, and all you have to do is pay the down payment upfront and I'll take care of the rest.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mr. Housewife is reporting the name of the company incorrectly -

While many naysayers were quick to criticize the story, insisting they weren’t being forthcoming, now the company that filed the lawsuit- Kirby Enterprises- has come forward to TMZ and admitted Portwood and Baier are telling the truth!

It is KISBY!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

WTF...from the article:   "In a video TMZ also posted, Baier shared, “Every mortgage payment has been paid in advance- sometimes months in advance- we put a $32,000 down payment on this house. We have all the checks here… The damage he’s talking about was a hole in the wall that had to be cut out in order for us to fix the electric…The down payment we put on the house he may be trying to take and he may be trying to resell the home… "

The only explanation that makes sense is the Matt and Amber bought the house on a contract for deed. In that case, Matt and Amber would technically be making mortgage payments, but the seller can evict them if they don't keep up with the payments.  It's actually a much simpler process to evict a buyer on a contract for deed than for Wells Fargo to foreclose on a home. The seller is taking more risk selling on a contract for deed, and therefore it is easier for them to cure a default. The seller could evict the buyer for non payment and then find a new buyer, and keep the down payment. A buyer on a contract for deed has virtually no rights, and sometimes you can buy a home on a contract for deed when there's an existing lien against the property from the original mortgage company. It's risky for both buyer and seller, but often times the only option when someone has poor credit and the seller can't unload the property to a traditional buyer.

Specifically, the company told TMZ that an “unfortunate misunderstanding” took place and also stated that they “plan to withdraw the eviction filing.”

This is actually probably true. Matt and Ambie "misunderstood" that they were supposed to pay rent/mortgage each month, Matt dug into his well of pilfered/scammed Portwood cash, paid them to current, and Kisby (good catch @heatherchandler), withdrew the eviction.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4

Matt has a default judgment in the amount of $1,520.78 for non payment of rent in Massachusetts from 2014. He also has a history of being evicted.

Amber and Matt have a lot in common. 

mat.jpg

court2.jpg

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Tatum said:

In a video TMZ also posted, Baier shared, “Every mortgage payment has been paid in advance- sometimes months in advance- we put a $32,000 down payment on this house. We have all the checks here… The damage he’s talking about was a hole in the wall that had to be cut out in order for us to fix the electric…The down payment we put on the house he may be trying to take and he may be trying to resell the home… "

Who is the "he" here?  If they own the house as Amber keeps insisting that they are NOT RENTING and have FULL POSSESSION OF THE HOME and HAVE A MORTGAGE then why on earth would anyone care about the hole in the wall or the electric issue and who could take their down payment and who else could resell the house?  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, druzy said:

Matt has a default judgment in the amount of $1,520.78 for non payment of rent in Massachusetts from 2014. He also has a history of being evicted.

Amber and Matt have a lot in common. 

mat.jpg

court2.jpg

I am greatly enjoying reading these filings.  If they were good people, I would feel bad.  But - they are LIARS and I enjoy all of this being out there for people to see.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Who is the "he" here?  If they own the house as Amber keeps insisting that they are NOT RENTING and have FULL POSSESSION OF THE HOME and HAVE A MORTGAGE then why on earth would anyone care about the hole in the wall or the electric issue and who could take their down payment and who else could resell the house?  

If they bought on a contract for deed, the seller does retain title to the house until the deed is paid in full. If Matt and Amber failed to make their payments to "him" (the seller), he could kick them out, keep the down payment, and sell the house to another contract for deed buyer. It is a legal transaction designed to serve the interests of the seller before the buyer.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Tatum said:

If they bought on a contract for deed, the seller does retain title to the house until the deed is paid in full. If Matt and Amber failed to make their payments to "him" (the seller), he could kick them out, keep the down payment, and sell the house to another contract for deed buyer. It is a legal transaction designed to serve the interests of the seller before the buyer.

But Amber insists she owns the house.  She doesn't own it if someone else is on the title.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, poopchute said:

But Amber insists she owns the house.  She doesn't own it if someone else is on the title.

Is it just Amber who supposedly owns it, or is it in both their names?  That would not be a smart idea on her part at all, but she's so freaking stubborn I wouldn't put it past her.

Are any of the sleuths who found the original info able to tell if anything had in fact been rescinded? I'm not buying it until it's a source that isn't mrhousewife.  He says they reached out to confirm that Matt and Amber were right, but what legit company is going to spend time reaching out to a random blog over d-list reality stars.  

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, poopchute said:

A buyer on a contract for deed is legally considered the owner. They just pay the seller monthly instead of a lender. Depending on the state, a contract for deed can get filed with the county, the same way a warranty deed would. A landlord  can choose not to renew a lease. A contract for deed seller may not terminate the contract as long as payments are made. Similarly, the seller cannot use the house as collateral for another loan once a contract for deed is in place, without permission from the contract for deed buyer. If Amber bought on a contract for deed, she owns the legal rights to the house as long as she stays within the terms of the contract. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Are any of the sleuths who found the original info able to tell if anything had in fact been rescinded? I'm not buying it until it's a source that isn't mrhousewife.  He says they reached out to confirm that Matt and Amber were right, but what legit company is going to spend time reaching out to a random blog over d-list reality stars.  

The eviction is still on the docket for 3/9 --- also, their attorney filed as representation on this case yesterday 2/15. They lie.  Indiana is a very transparent state. It's all there. 

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik5XUTJNekV3TnpFM01USXdPalV5TXpVNE1UWXlabUU9In19

Also keep in mind they have another pending case that Matt has done nothing to correct the name error. https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik9EQXpOREV3TnpFM01USXdPalUxTURjMk5qVXlZV1U9In19

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Tatum said:

A buyer on a contract for deed is legally considered the owner. They just pay the seller monthly instead of a lender. Depending on the state, a contract for deed can get filed with the county, the same way a warranty deed would. A landlord  can choose not to renew a lease. A contract for deed seller may not terminate the contract as long as payments are made. Similarly, the seller cannot use the house as collateral for another loan once a contract for deed is in place, without permission from the contract for deed buyer. If Amber bought on a contract for deed, she owns the legal rights to the house as long as she stays within the terms of the contract. 

So if she is the owner, how can someone else sell it?  How can someone just walk into a home they don't own to assess damages?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, poopchute said:

So if she is the owner, how can someone else sell it?  How can someone just walk into a home they don't own to assess damages?

If she bought on a contract for deed- and I don't know that she did- if she fails to make her contracted payments the seller can cancel the contract for deed, keep all the money paid, and find a new buyer. The same way Wells Fargo can foreclose on their customer and then sell the house. 

As as far how they know the condition of the house- given her poor rental history it may have been an additional condition of the contract that they do inspections. I do commercial financing and our lenders require annual site inspections. 

Eta- this is all speculation. It's totally possible they're lying liars who merely signed a rental contract. But a purchase via contract for deed is possible, and would jive with Matt's comments that the seller is going to keep the 'down payment'. 

I do believe Matt and Amber though that they put $32K down- or, at bare minimum, $32K left Amber's bank account that she *thinks* went to a down payment. But that's a very random number to make up. It's high for a security deposit, but not impossible. I could see a landlord requiring a years' worth of rental payments as a deposit given her history of non payment and damaging property. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Tatum said:

If she bought on a contract for deed- and I don't know that she did- if she fails to make her contracted payments the seller can cancel the contract for deed, keep all the money paid, and find a new buyer. The same way Wells Fargo can foreclose on their customer and then sell the house. 

I get this.  We used to sell cars like this at the garage I used to work for.  It was a buy here-pay here place.  The financing was in-house.  You pick out a car, You agree to pay for the car over about 24 months, and you get to use the car during that time.  It's still my car, I still have the title, but you carry the insurance and tag, and I don't care if you lose your license 10 months into that contract.  Consider that rent because you defaulted on our sales contract.  Pay xxxxxxxx dollars, if you want to keep it.  If not, I'm selling it to someone else.  (I hated that job.  I had to quit.)

Now, I can't imagine doing this with a home but maybe that was the only way, credit wise, to secure the property.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I get this.  We used to sell cars like this at the garage I used to work for.  It was a buy here-pay here place.  The financing was in-house.  You pick out a car, You agree to pay for the car over about 24 months, and you get to use the car during that time.  It's still my car, I still have the title, but you carry the insurance and tag, and I don't care if you lose your license 10 months into that contract.  Consider that rent because you defaulted on our sales contract.  Pay xxxxxxxx dollars, if you want to keep it.  If not, I'm selling it to someone else.  (I hated that job.  I had to quit.)

Now, I can't imagine doing this with a home but maybe that was the only way, credit wise, to secure the property.  

I don't know why anyone- buyer or seller- would choose a contract for deed if there were other options. Generally, if a contract for deed is used, it's because the buyers couldn't get traditional financing and the seller either has a relationship with the buyer and is trying to help them out, or the seller couldn't sell the house to a traditional buyer. If that house sat on market for a long time, they may have been desperate for cash. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

it's because the buyers couldn't get traditional financing and the seller either has a relationship with the buyer and is trying to help them out, or the seller couldn't sell the house to a traditional buyer. If that house sat on market for a long time, they may have been desperate for cash. 

Yep,  Same with cars.  The money came in from the repairs but if I wanted to pay the light bill, and cut the owner's wife her $600 a week check (after paying the house bills), I needed those car payments to come in.  I couldn't care if you went two states away and got arrested because you wrecked my car, making a drug deal.  I tried.  I helped you out.  You messed it up.  No bank would take that chance.

I really hated that job.  It sounds very likely that this is Amber's situation.  Who cares if she paid $32, $35, or a hundred and five thousand dollars.  If you $300,000?  That's what you owe.   

• Love 1

Matt tweets are we or aren't we.

Why Matt? You already have Amber right where you want her. No need to marry her. Just take all her money and run. I can't wait to see how Amber reacts when the truth hits her in her ass.

• Love 4