Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

......ahahahaha I read BS as Black Siren, not Beth Schwartz, and now I’m feeling kind of dumb. 🤦🏻‍♀️

As did I.  Which was why I was so confused, lol.  

• Love 2

So much for Maya's drinking Scotch being a clue to her parentage...

Exclusive Interview: Talking Zombies, Boxing, and Shadowhunters with Kat McNamara
Jan 4, 2019 | Posted by    Brie B. |
http://www.basicstuffmagazine.com/exclusive-interview-talking-zombies-boxing-and-shadowhunters-with-kat-mcnamara/

What would be your drink order at the Hunter’s Moon?
I think werewolves would have really good taste in scotch, and I’m a scotch girl myself, so I would take the most hair-raising scotch that they have on their shelf.

That sounds like a drink that Maya, your character on Arrow, would drink.
Yes, and that’s actually a choice I made. In [Maya’s] first episode you see her finishing a drink and they initially wanted it to be vodka or beer or something like that. And I said, ‘No, no, no…my drink is scotch neat; that’s gotta be it.’ She’s a fighter, she’s a survivor, she’s not one to shy away from anything.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So much for Maya's drinking Scotch being a clue to her parentage...

Lol, without that precious clue I'm stumped. I guess she's no one important.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

so does this mean Anatoly is returning?...

I feel like his send off was solid that idk why or how they'd bring him back 8 episodes later for 714, but I'm always up for some more Anatoly

• Love 1

The more I think about it the odds of Maya being some random is equal if not better than the odds of her being an Olicitot.

They did it with Tobias Church (there was press and interviews about this character, went no where), shady reporter lady (who segmented Olicity's break up but served no other purpose, was she shady, not shady I don't think they ever knew what they were trying to write) and most importantly they hired Michael Emerson and then with a straight face gave him a "You killed my son" plot.

Yup the odds of Maya being a random are quite high. They might even kill her off suddenly for no reason after her story goes nowhere. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5

Whoever Maya is, she’s connected to Felicity somehow (and clearly not just a business partnership, given her reaction to the whole “Felicity’s dead” thing), which already makes her a better character than maybe everyone else in the FFs and most in the present. 

So even if she’s not Olicity’s daughter (and I’ll be disappointed if she’s not, to be honest, but whatever), I’m still interested enough that I’d rather see more of her and less of Dinah in the FFs (sadly I don’t think I’ll get my wish). 

• Love 3

I don’t know.

Maybe she choose scotch after reading the script and thought it would be a cool nod to her characters father. 

Given Arrow’s contrived plotting and history of withholding to get the big shocker on their timeline, I’d argue it’s more likely she is connected to Olicity in a big (if not biological) way.

Assuming they hired Kat just to play an underground broker who tags along, I don’t see why Kat would have immediately started liking Olicity related tweets/articles or why she focused on Felicity/Olicity in her live tweets. I would have assumed she would spread the Arrow love around.

I also wonder what would have been the appeal of Arrow to Kat. I don’t think she is an in demand actress and Shadowhunters wasn’t killing the ratings, but she does have a huge online following and she was getting a lot of press/attention which she could have used. I’m not sure why she would want to sign on to Arrow (a show closer to its end) to play a random character. But I can see her signing on to play the daughter of the CW’s biggest ship, with the potential of a future spin off. Something I do wonder if they are kicking around with her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

also wonder what would have been the appeal of Arrow to Kat. I don’t think she is an in demand actress and Shadowhunters wasn’t killing the ratings, but she does have a huge online following and she was getting a lot of press/attention which she could have used. I’m not sure why she would want to sign on to Arrow (a show closer to its end) to play a random character. But I can see her signing on to play the daughter of the CW’s biggest ship, with the potential of a future spin off. Something I do wonder if they are kicking around with her.

I legitimately think this is exactly what's happening. Jumping from cable to a big 5 network, playing an immediate buzzworthy character, getting a likely series regular if not later lead role post-SA, that's stuff worth name dropping Arrow in every interview for Shadowhunters and trying to get good with the Olicity fandom.

• Love 1

The same could have been said for why would Michael Emerson sign on to play a character who doesn't end up being the big bad and ultimately gets killed off by another villian, with his career credits and following. If Maya ends up being an unrelated but still important character to the Arrow team I'm assuming Kat took the job for the same reason Michael Emerson did, money and being in work. 

And if they've promised her a potential spin off down the line there's enough of an Arrow connection with JJ William and Zoe. 

And even if she does end up being Olicity's kid, the writers have already basically ruined what could have been a great storyline into something that will go on to their stupidest plot execution list. 

9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I'm assuming Kat took the job for the same reason Michael Emerson did, money and being in work

ME didn't do it for the money and work, he did it as a favor for MG and GB, he's said so.

15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

And even if she does end up being Olicity's kid, the writers have already basically ruined what could have been a great storyline into something that will go on to their stupidest plot execution list. 

To each their own, although KM's intro seemed to be universally accepted, so if anything whatever her story in this hasn't been ruined yet.

16 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

And if they've promised her a potential spin off down the line there's enough of an Arrow connection with JJ William and Zoe. 

Sure it's enough, but I'm just arguing that it makes sense with her being their kid as well, plus they didn't even introduce JJ yet and won't until possibly 713/714.

18 minutes ago, way2interested said:

they didn't even introduce JJ yet and won't until possibly 713/714.

I just hope we find out about future Diggle when we see JJ again and they don’t do the weird “let’s talk around him like he could be alive or dead” like they’re doing with Oliver. 

That might depend on where they are with the whole Diaz/ARGUS situation in the present at that time. 

I almost wonder if they meant to make Kat an Olicity daughter, and have it be a big twist...but everyone figured it out instantly even before the episode aired. Then they got annoyed that their Big Twist was spoiled by guess work, and decided to change it at the last minute so now Maya is just some random information broker, or has some other connection, like being Thea and Roy's daughter, or something else? All the hints as to who she is are all right there, but at the last minute, they changed it, maybe not even telling the actors. 

Its like way back in the 90s, when DC launched this big story where a time traveler came to the present, knowing that a present hero would turn evil and become a super villain in the future who would kill the other heroes and take over the world. They built a whole arc about who the hero who would turn evil would be...but it got leaked, or other fans guessed who it would be based on clues that the story had put in, and the DC highers up got annoyed that people got their twist early, so they changed the person at the last minute. It made no sense, as they just picked a person at random, and the story had clearly set it up being someone else, but they wanted their twist damn it!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I almost wonder if they meant to make Kat an Olicity daughter, and have it be a big twist...but everyone figured it out instantly even before the episode aired. Then they got annoyed that their Big Twist was spoiled by guess work, and decided to change it at the last minute so now Maya is just some random information broker, or has some other connection, like being Thea and Roy's daughter, or something else? All the hints as to who she is are all right there, but at the last minute, they changed it, maybe not even telling the actors. 

I can't imagine them doing this since for Flash last year, almost everyone was guessing that Nora was WestAllen's kid (or grandkid, but most thought she was Dawn Allen) in 408 and they still just revealed it in 423 anyway. Heck, the same thing happened in s4 where the pics leaked that Laurel died and they still kept it, and many people were still guessing that Chase was Prometheus and it was still the same story they always planned on.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did CW forget the episode description? Should have been released this week if the show comes back 1/21.

I saw descriptions for Flash, Riverdale and SPN online yesterday, and those shows return the week before. So we should get 710’s description (and hopefully photos?) next week I think. 

Honestly i dont see how is it more possible for Kats character to be Roys and Thea daughter when that would mean Roy and Thea abandoned their daughter also. And Roy decided to spend his days on Lian Yu instead. Also said daughter seems to have a close relationship with Felicity, while Roy doesnt seem to be the biggest Felicity fan in the FF. 

Also i doubt anybody from the GA actually think Kat will be playing the daughter of Oliver and Felicity. So i do not think the storyline was either way spoiled. Speculation from a fanbase does not equal them changing the whole SL they based their season on. Especially when its about a character that was described as pivotal.  And i really do not see a Roy/Thea kid filling that role.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I saw descriptions for Flash, Riverdale and SPN online yesterday, and those shows return the week before. So we should get 710’s description (and hopefully photos?) next week I think. 

Weird, episode descriptions usually release 3 weeks before the episode air so this week for Arrow and last week for anything coming back the prior week. Guess CW got lazy again..meh maybe everyone was on vacation 😁

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

The more I think about it the odds of Maya being some random is equal if not better than the odds of her being an Olicitot.

They did it with Tobias Church (there was press and interviews about this character, went no where), shady reporter lady (who segmented Olicity's break up but served no other purpose, was she shady, not shady I don't think they ever knew what they were trying to write) and most importantly they hired Michael Emerson and then with a straight face gave him a "You killed my son" plot.

Don't forget that SA tweeted "Welcome to the family".

With Tobias Church, the actor was the catch. With Shady Susan, they were trying to make us buy that she was a serious threat to Olicity. Michael Emerson was important but stupidly used.

Even if Maya is not an Olicitot (and I still think she most likely is), she's the only character in the future connected to a not-dead Felicity. That's more than rando.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I Want to Believe 

So do I babe but these idiots have it in them to be soooooo random.

Could swing either way.

Haha I was feeling so annoyed about the Olicitot situation after I posted, this morning I woke up and almost messaged my jeweller until Hubs pointed out I'd be the laughing stock of the jewellry forum if I failed 😅. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

So do I babe but these idiots have it in them to be soooooo random.

Could swing either way.

Haha I was feeling so annoyed about the Olicitot situation after I posted, this morning I woke up and almost messaged my jeweller until Hubs pointed out I'd be the laughing stock of the jewellry forum if I failed 😅. 

Yeah, not making it more than a week would be embarrassing, lol.  Plus you have sold your jewelry buying rights to the gods of the Olicitot.  If you caved and we don't get one it's your fault!  Can you live with that shame?  Hmm?  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, not making it more than a week would be embarrassing, lol.  Plus you have sold your jewelry buying rights to the gods of the Olicitot.  If you caved and we don't get one it's your fault!  Can you live with that shame?  Hmm?  

haha I think the worse thing is that I went and gave the ladies this long winded explanation about why Olicity is the best and why a lot of us want an Olicitot (with me being the craziest fan, writing pro baby stories on Lunar New Year for auspiciousness etc). They were so understanding and supportive. Even if I bought something I would not have the face to post about it after the colossal fuss I kicked up about abstaining from jewellery for my fictional baby! The first thing everyone would ask is "What happened to that fictional baby you had to have?" 

• Love 1

FWIW, I checked IMDb again for any new info (albeit unconfirmed) about upcoming episodes, but I don't think the info has changed much...

In the 710 cast credits, Sea Shimooka's character is identified as Emiko Queen (which has not yet been done on air). Also, per IMDb, guest stars for 710 are Riley Davis as Assistant, Raj Paul as Kevin Dale and Sharlene Royer as Cassandra Abbott:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7508736/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The 711 cast credits include the following: Kathryn Bouchard as Erin (Co-Worker), Peter Graham-Gaudreau as Brett Collins, Liam Hall as Kane Wolfman, Evan Roderick as Officer Nick Anastas and Scott Pocha as Bartender (uncredited):
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7508632/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The 712 cast credits currently include Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal and Evan Roderick as Officer Nick Anastas:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7508650/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Edited by tv echo

Liam Hall is Kane Wolfman in 711.  Is that the name he went by in the two episodes with Slade Wilson?  I vaguely remember them but there was so much talk about Joe Wilson at the time that I don’t recall. Wonder if he’s in Slabside or if they age him up and he’s a villain in the FFs.

• Love 1

ARROW
“Shattered Lives” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

OLIVER RETURNS TO HIS REGULAR LIFE IN STAR CITY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is ready to get back to work with the SCPD and to focus on his marriage with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). However, when Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) tasks Oliver with tracking the new Green Arrow (Sea Shimooka) things take a surprising turn. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) must answer to ARGUS about Diaz (Kirk Acevedo). Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#710). Original airdate 1/21/2019.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/12/arrow-episode-710-shattered-lives-promo.html?m=1

I really hope that it’s just the way it’s written and we’re not actually going to see Dinah ordering Oliver around except maybe in front of the mayor and anything she says is what Oliver tells her he’ll be doing. 

I’m really going to hate this “Oliver works for/with the SCPD” storyline, I know it. 

• Love 3

I didn't even know it was possible to want to punch a sentence but wow, do I ever want to punch that sentence. God, I hope this Oliver works for the SCPD thing doesn't last long. My only consolation is that so far this season most of the episode descriptions have been vagueishly accurate at best so it may bear only the slighest resemblence to what actually occurs.

• Love 8

Episode kind of writes itself it looks like. Emiko has some sort of run-in with a person on her list, cut to a scene with Olicity to set up Oliver wanting to work on his life and his family, gets interrupted by Dinah, scene in the promo, Rene finds out that the new GA is a girl, Oliver takes evidence to Felicity who finds out the new GA is a girl and Oliver's sister (probably meanwhile Emiko tells Rene "My Name is Emiko Queen"), confrontation, face down VOTW, set up Emiko's list/evil group as the kind of bigger bad. Meanwhile Dyla subplot with FFs mixed in.   

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I really hope Oliver and Felicity find out about Diaz soon and are allowed to have the appropriate reaction. 

You know they wont lol. Oliver and Felicity get beat on the most in the writing. Even If they do get upset it will be everyone else vs them and how dare Olicity gets mad cause Diggle and Lyla are working with a man who did big damage to them 

• Love 2

Dinah tasks Oliver? They're really out there thinking I want to watch some smug asshole who has been on the show for less than 2 seasons and is barely even a sidekick tell Oliver what to do? BYE. 😂

Synopsis: Dinah tasks Oliver....  Me: Nope, don’t want it. 

I really cannot with smug, smirking and unbearable Dinah. I can’t believe that they’ve somehow interpreted the dissatisfaction with Dinah, and NTA in general, as let’s double up and give you a present AND a future version, all at the same time.... and, wait for it, we’ll promote Dinah to Police Captain and turn her into Oliver’s boss!  

• Love 3

Out of EVERYONE that could be handing out assignments to Oliver, I can't think of anyone worse than someone on the NTA.  And DInah in all her hypocritical glory right now just makes it the cringiest fest of all.  I am begging the universe for it to start rubbing Oliver the wrong way too.  He should NOT be at the beck and call of the underling HE recruited two years ago who betrayed him just last year and who would have been fine leaving his ass in jail as long as she kept her deal.  

Though on the upside, it's pretty common for the lone wolf type to have a terrible out of touch boss.  They make it so easy to see how this story could end with Dinah as a bad guy that doesn't quite know she is one.  

• Love 8

Youtube version....

Arrow 7x10 Promo #2 Shattered Lives HD Season 7 Episode 10 Promo #2
Published on Jan 7, 2019, by TV Promos

Production Dates - Various Shows *Updated 8th January 2019*
Posted by Christopher at January 08, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

Show    Network    Start Date    End Date
Arrow     CW            July 6 2018    April 11 2019

Edited by tv echo

Their apartments never look lived in. They look like hotels or a therapist office (that shot in the promo). Remember Felicity’s apartment? That looked like her place. The mansion looked like the Queens. 

I know they are sets, but they don’t have to look like them.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I can't help feel that the promo is a bit faithless to Oliver, lol.  Out with the old, in with the new Arrow. 

Between the new GA, being separated from the other characters for seven episodes, Dinah eating the show, and Oliver being completely absent in the flash forwards, he's starting to feel like a secondary character on his own show. It's starting to make me very resentful.

• Love 4

Oh dear. The Emiko actress isn’t very good is she? 😬

I know this episode will likely have less Oliver and Felicity because of the crossover filming but it just reminds me how little I care about the newer characters. NTA, Emiko, flashforwards...all of no interest to me tbh. And the ARGUS plot with Diaz is a big no too. 

26 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Oh dear. The Emiko actress isn’t very good is she? 😬

I know this episode will likely have less Oliver and Felicity because of the crossover filming but it just reminds me how little I care about the newer characters. NTA, Emiko, flashforwards...all of no interest to me tbh. And the ARGUS plot with Diaz is a big no too. 

TVEcho posted a link to a short film she was in.  She seems fine there.  But there was a clunkiness in the promo.  But voiceover exposition isn't as easy as it seems.  

42 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Between the new GA, being separated from the other characters for seven episodes, Dinah eating the show, and Oliver being completely absent in the flash forwards, he's starting to feel like a secondary character on his own show. It's starting to make me very resentful.

Not just Oliver, these idiot asshole writers shove Dinah Rene Curtis down our throats(Especially The Smug Unbearable Dinah) instead of focusing on what made the Show popular(OTA, Olicity), make Diggle a Pod Person, beat up on Oliver and Felicity constantly I DO NOT GET WHY THEY DO THIS

• Love 3

The only thing that gets me excited is the bit about Oliver wanting to focus on his marriage. I think Beth had mentioned that they would have a conversation about the fact that he literally had to become a different person in order to understand Felicity's journey, which I'm guessing happens in this episode.

About the Dinah stuff: meh. She's the head of SCPD so I guess I expected her to be giving him assignments, but I don't think that will translate into a boss/employee vibe. At least I'm hoping not. 

• Love 2