Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Maybe it’s just me, but I find it ridiculous to have them visit E1 Laurel’s grave and have any sort of emotional conversation. “Here’s the woman whose life you decided to take over back when you were a villain (but we pretend that didn’t happen)!” Though I fully expect someone (probably Sara) to tell this Laurel that that Laurel would be proud of her and happy she’s there to continue her legacy or something stupid like that. 

They could’ve done this redemption well, but I just don’t expect that to happen in 718.

(Also, it’s ridiculous to watch 712 again — repeat airing now — and see Laurel talking against vigilantes and hiding behind masks only to see her wearing a mask in those finale set photos.)

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

AR718B_0069r.jpg

Can they really let Sarah get a new super suit hairdo....like please. She deserves better then this. 

I've always hated the slicked back hair but with her roots growing out like that, I think CL could look pretty good as a brunette.  

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I find it ridiculous to have them visit E1 Laurel’s grave and have any sort of emotional conversation. “Here’s the woman whose life you decided to take over back when you were a villain (but we pretend that didn’t happen)!” Though I fully expect someone (probably Sara) to tell this Laurel that that Laurel would be proud of her and happy she’s there to continue her legacy or something stupid like that. 

They could’ve done this redemption well, but I just don’t expect that to happen in 718.

(Also, it’s ridiculous to watch 712 again — repeat airing now — and see Laurel talking against vigilantes and hiding behind masks only to see her wearing a mask in those finale set photos.)

Do we know for sure they are at Laurel's grave and not Quentin's?  The pictures are so dark.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Lol so the synopsis is completely wrong again?

I know she’s anti-spoiler but really??

Maybe the synopsis is the first half of the episode and Beth's interview refers to the last part of it? If Black Siren is good the whole time, then I'm really confused about what her villain friend is doing around. It would make some sense I guess if she was someone who could clear Laurel's name of the stuff she's being accused of, but we've never even seen her before, and it doesn't seem she goes after Emiko or exposes her or anything, considering a future synopsis indicates Oliver is trying to get her to turn on the Ninth Circle. 

2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I assume it’s Quentin’s grave. To drive home how Sara and Siren have the same feelings of loss, and therefore are sisters, and all that bs. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I expect to happen. Maybe there will be a ceremonial handing over of the legacy buckles, clanging loudly in the night as they stand on that poor woman's grave. 

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I assume it’s Quentin’s grave. To drive home how Sara and Siren have the same feelings of loss, and therefore are sisters, and all that bs

She’s living up to her name 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have the feeling that they are really going to drill down on that sisters and "we both loved Quentin" thing. It's the easiest way to redeem her.

It's definitely the laziest way. 

It still kills me that just a couple of episodes ago when Felicity wanted to murder Diaz Laurel declined not because she didn't want to murder anymore or because it was the wrong thing to do, but because she liked having E-1 Laurel's job and didn't want to mess it up. LOL, this show. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

She had to be talked out of killing a judge who made a ruling she didn't like and a rando who looked like a drunk who killed her father on another earth. She declined killing a guy who tried to murder her and her friend and succeeded in killing the guy who gave her numerous chances to make something of herself. 

Doesn't seem like the right people to me, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She had to be talked out of killing a judge who made a ruling she didn't like and a rando who looked like a drunk who killed her father on another earth. She declined killing a guy who tried to murder her and her friend and succeeded in killing the guy who gave her numerous chances to make something of herself. 

Doesn't seem like the right people to me, haha. 

That's why I said most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That's why I said most of the time.

She’s only tried to kill two people since she started going “good”: a judge and a random drunk. She declined to murder someone who’s actually given her cause to do it because she didn’t want to lose her cushy stolen job. When is “most of the time”?

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It still kills me that just a couple of episodes ago when Felicity wanted to murder Diaz Laurel declined not because she didn't want to murder anymore or because it was the wrong thing to do, but because she liked having E-1 Laurel's job and didn't want to mess it up. LOL, this show. 

It's consistent though.  She can be kind, like taking Felicity food but when push comes to shove, she always does what is best for Black Siren.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's consistent though.  She can be kind, like taking Felicity food but when push comes to shove, she always does what is best for Black Siren.

Oh definitely - I just think it's funny that on a ~redemption arc, when discussing possible murder, Laurel's excuse for not wanting to do it wasn't a simple, "I'm trying not to do that anymore," but a, "I'm pretty good at pretending to be a lawyer and I don't want being a suspect in this murder to make me give that up." LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Were the filming dates extended till 4/18? I saw something on twitter about it. That’s a long extension.

I think that's the final production date. So 2nd Unit filming, pick up shots, etc

• Useful 1
(edited)

So is S8 going to be Oliver, Diggle and two Canaries? Or will they bring back Roy again? Or introduce a new team member?

RG's comment does sound kinda final...

Edited by tv echo

II knew they'd be filming at the cabin today, but I didn't know it was going to be Emily's last day (I figured her last day would be on the bunker set). Given both those factors, I'm ready for Stephen and Emily to completely wreck me in 722.

• Love 1
(edited)

Her comments make me nervous that there's no hope of her returning. Feels like she's put the Felicity ponytail behind for good. 

Anyone experienced with other cast members leaving other shows? Did they post a lot of "final" messages like this?

Edited by Mellowyellow

Nina Debrov did quite a few goodbye posts on Twitter for her last filming. Including picutes of the goodbye cake. 

It's been awhile but, I believe Allison Mack also did a goodbye post on her blog after the S9 news came out that she was done with Smallville.

Allison Mack ended up making a 7 episode deal (and I think they padded that to 10 episodes with cut scenes), for the final season (very next year).

Nina Debrov came back for the series finale which was 1.5 season after her departure.

EBR could be done because she's done

EBR could be done because there's no contract in place (yet) for a finale return.

EBR could be done until she gets a few months away and then agrees to a return cameo 

EBR could be done because they want a S8 surprise

EBR could be done but Arrow will use cut scenes or film extra scenes to use in the finale if she doesn't come back (for whatever reason)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Her comments make me nervous that there's no hope of her returning. Feels like she's put the Felicity ponytail behind for good. 

Anyone experienced with other cast members leaving other shows? Did they post a lot of "final" messages like this?

Someone posted Nina Dobrev’s goodbye when she left TVD early. She eventually came back for the series finale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm sure Beth and Emily have preliminarily discussed whether she'd be willing to come back at some point next season. But, if so, no one's going to spoil it for us now. And for the moment, it is her last day with Felicity, so I wouldn't read anything more into her comments than that. 

• Love 8

EBR’s posts do seem very final to me and nothing would shock me if she’s done done but I suppose it’s also too early to know if she’ll be back for the finale or something. 

If she does come back I could only really see it being for the series finale tbh. 

I've been kinda in and out so I haven't had a chance to react to EBR leaving, but I'm surprisingly OK. I'm glad it seems to be on her terms and that she has other stuff lined up (hoping to catch her play). A part of me is disappointed of course, Felicity is a main reason I watch, and next season I most likely won't watch live (there will be a lot more to ff lol).

I think it makes sense to say her goodbyes now, even if she does plan to return next season for an ep or two. This is her last day as a regular, and I imagine the finale will get her a decent send off. I don't expect her to come back for multiple eps, and I don't blame her for that but I'd be surprised if we don't at least see her in the finale. So right now I'm not too worried about it. However, I think Dinah as the only regular woman (in present time) next year will be awful, I'm not convinced that KC will be back as a reg. I fully expect season 8 to be a meat fest, and a lot of angry posturing from DD. 

I do wonder if SA will be in every episode though... I can see him skipping a few or having a much lighter load outside of the crossovers. If that's the case I hope Diggle gets more screen time over the newer hires. I'm prepared for a lot more flash forwards, but as long as Mia, Connor, and William have the bulk of the screen time I won't mind. I'm still iffy on Zoe they need to separate her from DD and let her interact with the younger crew.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I think it makes sense to say her goodbyes now, even if she does plan to return next season for an ep or two. This is her last day as a regular, and I imagine the finale will get her a decent send off.

I actually just made a similar comment to someone off board.  That even if she knows she's coming back or is willing to come back, this is her last day as a series regular.  I imagine it is emotional after 7 years to know that she's not coming back (as a regular)  

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm prepared for a lot more flash forwards, but as long as Mia, Connor, and William have the bulk of the screen time I won't mind.

I can see Season 8 setting up a spinoff with the next generation.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Trini said:

I can see Season 8 setting up a spinoff with the next generation.

Agreed. Even if it doesn't happen I think the intent was there.

• Love 1

Makes me wonder if they are treating 7x22 as a series finale. 

Re: Emily’s goodbye. It could be a final goodbye but it could also just be Emily. She’s very artsy and creative. She writes essays on IG and poems to Canada on twitter. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Are we sure that's from today?  I thought they were at the cabin today according to the filming notice

ETA: sorry misunderstood.  i didn't realize you meant 722 in general, not just from today/

As for EK coming back, yeah i'm not surprised since he made a comment about not being done with Arrowverse.  I figured he would show up in the finale.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Looks like Felicity’s last scene will also be her most casual look. (She was also wearing this YSL jacket in her IG video of her and SA sleeping on the cabin’s bed, so I’m guessing this was her wardrobe on the last day):

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

That episode title is so great 😆

Right?! (If anyone doesn’t want to give CG clicks, he says the ep title is “You Have Saved This City” and judging by how long the guy who plays the Monitor was on set yesterday, he was also in cabin scenes with SA and EBR.)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Right?! (If anyone doesn’t want to give CG clicks, he says the ep title is “You Have Saved This City” and judging by how long the guy who plays the Monitor was on set yesterday, he was also in cabin scenes with SA and EBR.)

My first thought is Oliver gets sent on some kind of a quest like others were speculating with the Odyssey theme.  Maybe all of season ten will be Oliver traveling the country. Maybe looking for some object.  Maybe recruiting.  My enthusiasm to watch season 8 is rock bottom but my curiosity over how they are planning to do the season is high.

7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The title feels like a cruel taunt but maybe is more along the lines of an incomplete sentence.  Like:  "You have saved this city...too many times to count."  Maybe in a Flash Forward adding "Now it is our turn" and kids take over and Felicity  leaves it in their hands and then Oliver and Felicity retire to Bali.  The end.  THE END!!!!

Lol.  I don't think well see Oliver in the future as long as the Crisis looms.  They'll want to keep the suspense up. But I could actually see them say something like this to convince Felicity to get out of danger like if she was being targeted extra hard or something.  She'd only go if she was making saving the city harder than if she stayed but I'm sure they could come up with a reason.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Bam Bam better have filmed it right this time.  Not like their last goodbye where he couldn't even get their hands clinging to each other in the shot.  

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

My first thought is Oliver gets sent on some kind of a quest like others were speculating with the Odyssey theme.  Maybe all of season ten will be Oliver traveling the country. Maybe looking for some object.  Maybe recruiting.  My enthusiasm to watch season 8 is rock bottom but my curiosity over how they are planning to do the season is high.

Yeah, I can see this. We all assumed that the Monitor would cash in on Oliver’s promise/sacrifice during the crossover, but it looks like it happens sooner. In 722 he has to go do whatever he promised he’d do (maybe become a monitor himself? “You have saved this city. Now it’s time to save the muliverse”) but during Crisis the ‘verses are supposed to merge into one, so his mission ends with the crossover and the next 1-2 eps wrap up Arrow?

One thing I like about this is that Felicity is part of the decision if it happens in 722. But if Oliver is off doing the Monitor’s bidding after that while she’s in hiding, I can’t imagine what S8 is going to look like. I’m highly doubtful we’ll see Oliver in the future before the crossover, and now I don’t think we’ll see him interact a lot with the present gang. 

Edited by Trisha

I have been so sad about EBR leaving but now what's hitting me hardest is a crossover without Felicity.

Sure they haven't always had a huge amount of Felicity but I always watched them for her scenes, especially with other cast members. It just hit me I cannot enjoy their big crossover extravaganza because there will be no glimpse of my precious Felicity. It's like cake without sugar! What's the point 😖😣😫😩

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I actually like this idea. I think it'd be cool to see Oliver go on a season long solo mission, while (hopefully) John holds down the fort in Star City and starts Knightwatch. I would miss Digg/Oliver scenes but I think that plot line is intriguing, and they can all reunite for the xover and finale. However, I would only be interested if Oliver & Diggle and the A/B story, and everyone else takes a back seat to them. If there's no Felicity for most or all of 8, then they need to be real heavy on the two original team members (when they're in present time).

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 3