Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, olicityfan25 said:

Do people really care about John Jr.?

Sorry I don't mean you posting about it but just in general on the show?  

Nope, I cared about baby Sara.  Once they changed her into JJ, I stopped caring.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, olicityfan25 said:

Sorry I don't mean you posting about it but just in general on the show?  

Given the current viewership it seems like less and less people are caring lol. 

• LOL 2

I was inevitable really. A "good son vs bad son" showdown of the Legacy kids. But I'd rather have them than Dinah and Other Dinah and Rene heavily in the flashbacks. I still think Felicity is dying heroically in the future to set up next season's FFs but that's a different discussion I guess.

23 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I was inevitable really. A "good son vs bad son" showdown of the Legacy kids. But I'd rather have them than Dinah and Other Dinah and Rene heavily in the flashbacks. I still think Felicity is dying heroically in the future to set up next season's FFs but that's a different discussion I guess.

Its kind of funny that apparently people are so convinced Felicity is dying. When everything points at  Rene to die in FF. Especially because it has all the bits of the Moira plot. He like Moira conspired with the bad guys willingly but will have a change of heart when it comes to his daughter. Especially since the baby future team were filming what seems like the lair. And they will probably set up the team to help find Roy, Felicity and Dinah. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

They need to tease something. Between EBR leaving and the COIE spoiilers, there's not much left to spoil.

I was more excited before JJ showed up in this story with the team-up of Mia, William and Connor. This isn't Wuthering Heights, we don't need to see a repeat of the first generation in the second for not just OTA but also the Good Brother/Bad Brother Biblical fight. Why couldn't Diggle and Lyla just have a normal child?

• Love 4

It would be both ironic and unsurprising if Arrow's final season serves primarily to set up yet another Arrowverse spin-off series.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, statsgirl said:

I was more excited before JJ showed up in this story with the team-up of Mia, William and Connor. This isn't Wuthering Heights, we don't need to see a repeat of the first generation in the second for not just OTA but also the Good Brother/Bad Brother Biblical fight. Why couldn't Diggle and Lyla just have a normal child?

Oh no, what if it's like The Vampire Diaries, with two brothers - one good and one bad - competing for the same girl? 

Then you'd have the typical love triangle where Mia is attracted to the bad brother JJ when she meets him, while still loving the good brother Connor.

Maybe that's the real reason they decided to make Connor and JJ two separate people.

They need something to generate social media buzz next season and starting a new shipping war would do that - especially if they cast someone for JJ who has good chemistry with KM.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Oh no, what if it's like The Vampire Diaries, with two brothers - one good and one bad - competing for the same girl? 

Then you'd have the typical love triangle where Mia is attracted to the bad brother JJ when she meets him, while still loving the good brother Connor.

Maybe that's the real reason they decided to make Connor and JJ two separate people.

They need something to generate social media buzz next season and starting a new shipping war would do that - especially if they cast someone for JJ who has good chemistry with KM.

Ugh I hope not. JJ sounds like a Piece of crap in the Future and nobody needs to copy Vampire Diaries. I had huge problems with Elena wanting someone who once snapped her brothers neck and also with People Shipping Caroline with Klaus who killed her best friends Aunt 

• Love 1

Season finale description:

FAMILY TIES — The battle between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Emiko (Sea Shimooka) comes to a boiling point which brings back some familiar faces and leaves others in dire jeopardy. James Bamford directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Rebecca Bellotto (#722). Original airdate 5/13/2019.

Lol, not even close, it's basically the same one they usually have for the finales, here was s6--

THE EPIC SEASON FINALE OF ARROW — With a new ally on his team, Oliver (Stephen Amell) engages Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) in an epic final battle.

and s4--

OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all.

Edited by way2interested
  • LOL 2
29 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, not even close, it's basically the same one they usually have for the finales, here was s6--

and s4--

I suppose the difference is there was more lead-up to the confrontations with both Diaz and for sure, Damien Darkh. Oliver's sister came out of nowhere and then her hatred for Oliver came out of nowhere (which also makes no sense really).

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

So, they're not even attempting to make Dinah likeable anymore, huh?

I'm hoping for the sake of my own blood pressure that there's more going on and she's putting on a show for the other cop but I'm fully aware that is the longest of shots lmao.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Ugh I hope not. JJ sounds like a Piece of crap in the Future and nobody needs to copy Vampire Diaries. I had huge problems with Elena wanting someone who once snapped her brothers neck and also with People Shipping Caroline with Klaus who killed her best friends Aunt 

They tried to do that with Arrow originally with Oliver/Tommy/Laurel two best friends fighting over the same girl with that leading Tommy to take up his father's mantle. Not to mention the sister swapping. They'd just be going back to basics y'all.

I could see them going there a bit but I'd hope Mia would be better than that. 

Also, it's going to pain me to watch Dinah be insufferable interrogating Oliver, who could put us all out of our misery by giving up his awful idiot sister Emiko, but he's "too good a person" to do that or whatever, ugh. 

ETA: I just thought about it maybe being Roy hopped up on Lazarus Pit water? If so that would make this more bearable. 

Edited by apinknightmare

JH is such a bad actress and scenes like this always highlight it. CRINGE.

That said, I'm assuming that Dinah is maybe only saying these things because she's Police Captain and has to because the rest of the SCPD suspect him? But if she genuinely believes he did it? YIKES.

• Love 3

This is just like when Laurel was put to question Moira when there was a clear conflict of interest. We know Dinah was in her BC suit on the field when they were shooting the Roy scenes during episode 20. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure of the spelling of "Zetas" because I don't recall hearing it on Arrow. Also, it sounds like Oliver doesn't interact with Mia at all this season because they stopped filming on Apr. 11/12 and this interview was conducted at the Apr. 17 premiere of Netflix's Someone Great in L.A....

Katherine McNamara Talks ARROW & SHADOWHUNTERS "Bittersweet" Ending
Published on Apr 29, 2019, by Shine On Media

-- On what it's been like to be embraced by the Arrow fandom, KM: "It's been the biggest blessing 'cause, I can't tell you, from the moment that Beth, the showrunner, told me that I was playing the Olicity baby, I've been scared as hell. I was so nervous because I know what that shit means to people, and I know how beloved that relationship is and how much Stephen and Emily have put into it. And the fact that people respond well to it and they see the little Easter eggs of character elements that I'm lacing in throughout it, it means the world."

-- On what she can tease about what's coming up for her character on Arrow, KM: "We see Mia kinda come into her own a little bit more. And we see more of what we saw in episode 16. You see her work as a team with her brother and with Connor and with, you know, her mother. And to work against Galaxy One and the Zetas and try and figure this out and hopefully save the city, because that's what we do."

-- On who she would still like to work with, KM:  "Stephen. I still haven't worked with Stephen. I really, really would like to work with Oliver Queen one of these days." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Even supposing Dinah's doing it for show or she comes around, why the fuck would anyone on Team Arrow, let alone Oliver, get a loyalty/heroism tattoo with this bitch? The tattoo was always dumb af but now...no, just no. What the actual fuck are they going for with Dinah? Because right now Diaz is pretty much the only character ever on the show I like less and he at least has the bonus of being dead and therefore no longer regularly pissing me off whereas Dinah runs around being self-righteous and annoying in two timelines.

• Love 9

I hope there’s a surprising “gotcha” with Dinah and it’s not what it seems.  Otherwise I don’t know what they’re thinking in writing her so consistently awful and flipping back and forth on trusting Oliver.   

She knows there’s more than one archer in the city that could be the source of the arrows. She knows about evil Emiko and her vendetta against Oliver. She can’t possibly be that appallingly bad at her job, right? Right!?!? 

I will say that it’s becoming very clear why Oliver and Felicity never told Dinah about baby Mia. I wouldn’t keep her in the loop on information like that either and I wouldn’t be getting a tattoo that calls for loyalty and selflessness with her either. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 3

Judging by the ep description for 721, I was hoping for lots of Oliver in growly hubby mode when the SCPD puts out a warrant for Felicity but now it looks like he’ll be stuck under some rubble. Hopefully not for long - I don’t want Olicity to spend their 2nd to last ep apart.

12 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Felicity better not be the only person with a warrant considering the footage Emiko turned in to the SCPD plus the recorded footage from the interrogation showed that everyone was involved in that cover up. 

Dont be surprised if she is. This show is making Her and Oliver suffer the most while Pets Rene and Dinah dont 

12 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Will I get any Olicity content in the next episode? We're running out of time here! 😩

Why do that when we can get more Rene and Dinah🙄 . They will save it for season finale  IF THAT

3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Dont be surprised if she is. This show is making Her and Oliver suffer the most while Pets Rene and Dinah dont 

Why do that when we can get more Rene and Dinah🙄 . They will save it for season finale  IF THAT

I expect Felicity I'd the only one to give them another incentive to hide her in a cottage in the woods.

Doubt there will be much Olicity next ep, why bother for the last 2 eps when you're just recycling the storyline badly and desperately trying to make Emiko, Dinah and Rene work. Especially Emiko.

I've only been watching sporadically, do we have any hints about Oliver in the FFs at all?

They better give us a big Oliver/Felicity “you’re okay!” scene next week, considering both of them are in danger. I don’t want a repeat of “here, let me reach out and maybe touch your arm and say it’s good you’re okay,” like in 719. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

They better give us a big Oliver/Felicity “you’re okay!” scene next week, considering both of them are in danger. I don’t want a repeat of “here, let me reach out and maybe touch your arm and say it’s good you’re okay,” like in 719. 

The one thing I liked about how they handled it in 719 is that it felt like it was Felicity that set the tone and wasn't letting him say or do more because she just didn't have time to bother about something as small as being held at gunpoint when she was fine. She wasn't feeling the trauma or at least it wasn't a priority at the time.  It didn't feel to me that Oliver didn't care, just that he knew to save it for later since a fuss wasn't what Felicity wanted and I liked that they were so in tune.  I fully expect that once she'd destroyed Archer and he'd dealt with Emiko again that they went home and basked in each other's comfort.  .    

Edited by BkWurm1
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The one thing I liked about how they handled it in 719 is that it felt like it was Felicity that set the tone and wasn't letting him say or do more because she just didn't have time to bother about something as small as being held at gunpoint when she was fine. She wasn't feeling the trauma or at least it wasn't a priority at the time.  It didn't feel to me that Oliver didn't care, just that he knew to save it for later since a fuss wasn't what Felicity wanted and I liked that they were so in tune.  I fully expect that once she'd destroyed Archer and he'd dealt with Emiko again that they went home and basked in each other's comfort.  .    

I can see that, but we now only have 2 episodes left with EBR. Give me all the Olicity content possible! 

• Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I can see that, but we now only have 2 episodes left with EBR. Give me all the Olicity content possible! 

No disagreement about that.  I guess I was saying that if we weren't going to have a "moment" at least they didn't skip ANY acknowledgement like they sometimes have done and that how they did acknowledge it felt in character given how Felicity has evolved to cope with trauma and how invested she was in getting her program back.  I would have HAPPILY taken a tete a tete in the corner even more so but at least we got a crumb.  Sometimes I take crumbs if the other option is nothing.  

Edited by BkWurm1

Is this the ep where we thought we might get growly Oliver being protective of Felicity but instead he's gonna be under rubble while Felicity is onscreen seperate from him?

I have got to hand it to these writers. I thought they would have Oliver distracted with garbage sister but they mixed it up by finding new ways to not give us Olicity scenes.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is this the ep where we thought we might get growly Oliver being protective of Felicity but instead he's gonna be under rubble while Felicity is onscreen seperate from him?

Yep.

(edited)

I LOL-ed while reading this speculation (based on the 721 synopsis). I can't believe that someone wrote this article with a straight face - C'mon, really?! We've already seen Felicity in the flashforwards and she's still played by EBR...

'Arrow' Season 7 Episode 21 Sets Up Exit For Emily Bett Rickards
By Rachel Cruz  May 01, 2019
https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/111453/20190501/arrow-season-7-episode-21-sets-up-exit-emily-bett.htm 

But are the scribes of Arrow season 7 sending Felicity to prison as a way to write off her character? While this may seem like a weak plotline, the writers wanted Rickards' exit to be open-ended in case they could still convince her to guest star for Arrow season 8. 
Meanwhile, TV Guide also has a few theories on how Arrow season 7 will lay down Felicity's absence next season.  She may be headed to a secret cabin that was hinted in previous episodes. This safe place is where she'll give birth and raise her daughter, Mia, far away from the madness at Star City. 

However, fans also think that Rickards may be replaced with a new actress for Arrow season 8 so that the writers won't necessarily have to write off the character. The prison storyline could give Felicity the time to under a physical transformation while she's not around.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

It's sad when new ep (721) promo pics come out and there's zero excitement about them...

AR721a_0064r.jpg

There are a lot of Chairs in that picture.  Smoak Tech must be getting ready to hire more people.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have zero hype going into the finale, I'm not even sure what we're building up towards. 

The standard Good vs Evil that happens every year. But in this case, Evil is Emiko and the Ninth Circle that we still don't really know anything about. 

I remember how much I hated LoA and Damian Darhk's people but at least we knew who they were. What is the Ninth Circle other than some literary name?  And Barrowman and McDonaugh can act rings around SS.

• Love 3