Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing that confuses me now is that SA implied he was filming last night but JH and AS implied they were filming FF last night. Unless they were just getting some present day and FF stuff done in one night I guess?

55 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The thing that confuses me now is that SA implied he was filming last night but JH and AS implied they were filming FF last night. Unless they were just getting some present day and FF stuff done in one night I guess?

Olicity 2040 Reunion scene 😁

• Love 3
(edited)

Do you have anything on Arrow‘s Season 7 finale? –Morgan
You mean the episode that gave Stephen Amell literal goosebumps once he read it? And that now stands to be Emily Bett Rickards’ final episode? “All I have to say is the finale script, almost everyone who read it was in tears,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I’m very happy with it, and I think the audience is going to really like it.”

Any rumblings about making Arrow‘s Kat McNamara, Ben Lewis and Joseph Jones series regulars for the final season? Or maybe a possible spin-off is in the works? —Stephanie

We did ask Schwartz if the all-flash forwards episode, “Star City 2040,” was envisioned as a backdoor pilot of sorts for a possible offshoot. “It was definitely meant to grow the world that we had already built and to see the next generation of what Oliver and Felicity and our present-day team have worked so hard for, and sort of see what happens in the future,” she answered. “We love those characters and would love to see them go on in some capacity after the show’s over,” possibly via crossovers with the remaining Arrowverse shows. “We were so happy, internally, about how it came out,” she added. “We kinda love our future story.”

https://tvline.com/2019/04/05/lucifer-season-4-spoilers-chloe-learns-lucifer-secret/

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1

If everyone's not crying because we're getting an emotional Olicity reunion in the FFs, then what's the point? (No, really, please give me that. I'm not ruling it out because they may very well give us that in case they can't get EBR back for the series finale.) 

• Love 4

I'm choosing to hope for good things, but Beth also thought we would all love the 150th, so I'm also bracing myself to be disappointed. On the other hand, I'm cheered by the fact that MG didn't write this episode, so that might be another point in favor of hope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

LOL I actually feel pretty optimistic about EBR's last episode, for a variety of reasons. 

That said, when I start typing them out I think about all the time Arrow has pulled an Arrow on me and I just ....

donna paulsen sigh GIF by Suits

• LOL 2

I’d like to think that Beth wouldn’t say “and I think the audience is going to really like it” if anything bad were to happen to Felicity in the finale. So that’s what I’m hanging on to. 

• Love 11

If Beth, Marc or anyone associated with the show describes 722 between now and when it airs as a “love letter to fans”...my hopes for a good episode will be suitably lowered. 😬 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm going to be sitting over here at the optimist table because I don't think Arrow will kill off Future Felicity or present day Oliver.

I don't expect a perfectly happy life for Oliver because no super hero really gets that. The shit they put heroes through in comic books is pretty outrageous.  

I actually like that Odysseus theory, when you think about it Olivers flashback journey was an Odysseus level story of a man trying to get back to his family. I can see a parallel to Oliver spending 20 years trying to back to his family from 2019 to 2040. 

It's a bittersweet ending for sure but, I'd probably be rediculously happy if 810 ends with an OTA + SmoakQueen family reunion in 2040 and, I'm positive SA, DR, EBR, Ben and Kat could sell the hell out of it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 13
(edited)

I'm choosing to sit at the optimist table too. I'm worried because that's my nature but I also can't imagine them doing an actual horrible ending. That said, much like @kes0704 ,if the words "love letter to fans" escape anyone's mouth, all bets are off because those words and "here, have a steaming pile of shit" seem to be roughly interchangeable to these people.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • LOL 1

With all the FF they filmed this week, I'm thinking it's more of the former for Olicity since they still have to establish that cabin, but who knows? I would find it hilarious though if they fixed the schedule also so EBR's possible last day gets to be with SA so he doesn't have to go through several other days knowing she's done XD

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They're filming at the cabin on Tuesday. Wonder if it's the Olicity leave SC scene/go into hiding or a Flash Forward Olicity reunion scene. Hell, it could be both.

If it is a Flash Forward Olicity scene, I'm betting they don't show it until 8x10. They don't want to lose the tease of Oliver dying in COIE.

I would be shocked if they didn't film an Olicity scene while they have Emily.  Who knows what will happen when they're filming 8x10 - better not to take a chance and have something in the can.

Hoping Laurel will be in the Malcolm role — helping the team during the annual May problem and then going on her way instead of actually joining the team and there being two Black Canaries abs permanent team members in the present. Having a Canary Network in the future is ridiculous enough. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder why they’d have her wear a wig instead of working in her haircut? Seems like an unnecessary pain in the ass, LOL

So she can toss her hair back during an inevitable pose? How else will we know she’s now a “hero” (or at least on the “good” side) if she doesn’t get a superhero pose?

Or SC is too stupid to recognize LL’s BC without the long hair? 

Or for stunt double purposes?

I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

It looks like she's wearing the BC costume and KC has to be wearing a wig since her hair can't be that long after cutting it only a month ago

They could easily give her hair extensions instead of going the wig route, if that is indeed her.

it doesn't look KC to me and definitely not in laurels old BC costume as I dont see a lot of the buckles that were stuck to her previous costume. 

Also I really don't think the two BC thing is something they want, there were a lot of times she could've helped the team this season but she was saddled with either Dinah or Felicity....and they kept making it pretty clear in 7x15 that Dinah was their BC 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

they kept making it pretty clear in 7x15 that Dinah was their BC 

Yeah, this is why the costume confuses me. Laurel could help them with whatever’s going on without suiting up (possibly) in her dead doppelganger’s old costume. I’m pretty sure she could wear whatever she wore in ... 706? (the black leather jacket) ... when Diggle kicked her out of ARGUS. 

Although if it’s not Laurel (or her stunt double) — the person who posted the pics answered someone and said they’re 9.5/10 sure it’s her — who is it? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, this is why the costume confuses me. Laurel could help them with whatever’s going on without suiting up (possibly) in her dead doppelganger’s old costume. I’m pretty sure she could wear whatever she wore in ... 706? (the black leather jacket) ... when Diggle kicked her out of ARGUS. 

Although if it’s not Laurel (or her stunt double) — the person who posted the pics answered someone and said they’re 9.5/10 sure it’s her — who is it? 

It's black leather, she could just give have gotten a new Black Siren outfit to constitute her "redemption. 

It kinda looks like her to me, and her outfit does look like Buckles. Although I'm not really sure why she'd wear that? The whole Becoming Laurel Lance storyline has been gross beyond belief in terms of blurring the lines between the two and making it seem like one could easily replace the other - yuck - so it wouldn't surprise me if she's wearing E-1 Laurel's costume, I just can't quite work out why she would be.

So maybe it's just the blurriness that's making it look the same, and they did put forth some small measure of effort with something new/newish. 

Although the person who posted that pic said there were no stunt doubles on set, and the blurry blob that I think might possibly be Green Arrow doesn't look like Stephen at all, so...who knows. 

• Love 4

arent there stunt doubles always around though, i think most of times they have them there just in case. The pic of SA looks like his stunt double to me.

Also, either its a new costume and a new mask that looks similar to JH's...which again is pretty odd.

The girl then replied to someone that was worried she was lying and said shes just posting what she thinks she saw. It's weird to say if you used binoculars and now cant confirm. I was also checking her account to see if shes been posting before but apparently only started with posting on her account last night.

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

The girl then replied to someone that was worried she was lying and said shes just posting what she thinks she saw. It's weird to say if you used binoculars and now cant confirm. I was also checking her account to see if shes been posting before but apparently only started with posting on her account last night.

I believe she was there. This person was on set too:

And is pretty angry at the OP for posting pics when they were (apparently) repeatedly told no photos - so it seems like whatever she thought she saw was correct - and I'm also guessing if she was wrong about who she saw there this girl would correct her. But maybe not. 

My guess is she leaves in 718 to be E-2's Black Canary and takes the BC costume and BS coming back is supposed to be a surprise return (or whatever scenario that has her dressing differently), hence the no pictures secrecy. 

1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Maybe Siren does go back to Earth 2 and this is glimpse of that?  She'd need to wear a wig since they know her as a henchlady to supervillains.

Oliver's dead on her earth and the person on set said that they heard Oliver say something like, "Overwatch, do you have eyes on (something)." So...I don't think so? Although I guess both of those things would be easy to retcon. 

I'm thinking it's Katie, and Laurel being a redeemed version of Black Canary and at this point quite possibly hanging around to the bitter end. It makes no logical sense whatsoever and I don't know what role she will have in a show that already has a Black Canary but Arrow is going to Arrow 🤷‍♀️ 

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oliver's dead on her earth and the person on set said that they heard Oliver say something like, "Overwatch, do you have eyes on (something)." So...I don't think so? Although I guess both of those things would be easy to retcon. 

They said Robert is the Earth 2 Green Arrow so I was thinking it would be him, maybe still E2 Roy as Arsenal, and they could have anyone be on comms (even do something worthy of an eye-roll like Siren convincing E2 Felicity to be their Overwatch).  Now, why they'd bother to show Earth 2 when they don't need to is the question that pokes a hole in my theory. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

They said Robert is the Earth 2 Green Arrow so I was thinking it would be him, maybe still E2 Roy as Arsenal, and they could have anyone be on comms (even do something worthy of an eye-roll like Siren convincing E2 Felicity to be their Overwatch).  Now, why they'd bother to show Earth 2 when they don't need to is the question that pokes a hole in my theory. 

Stephen was there with them (and per the person who posted, was standing next to Katie in a scene). So was everyone else on the team: DR, CH, JH, and RG.

(edited)

To the fan...Those are always the risks of filming in public. They never want people to snap pictures of what is happening but it happens. Not as if they were given an exclusive and broke it. And if it isnt anything earth shattering then...whats the sitch?

Edited by Primal Slayer
(edited)

To add to the discussion, that looks like KC to me, dressed as E1 Laurel's BC. I find that kinda creepy that she really is just taking over her life but it's nothing new or shocking so? It is kinda weird that they went to so much effort to hammer home that Dinah was BC but I guess they're going with the old "And you're a Canary! And you can be a Canary!" thing to satisfy fans? 😂

Edited by Angel12d
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The thing is, we haven’t seen anything from this Laurel suggesting she wants to suit up. I can buy her wanting to help people as DA after faking it in the beginning. But there’s been nothing to even suggest she wants to be (a) BC. So is it simply because she’s a Laurel?