Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

(edited)

That 717 episode synopsis just depresses me. My immediate reaction was, 'oh great (sarcasm), Felicity will choose the team over E2 Laurel, E2 Laurel will feel betrayed by her only friend and go evil again, and Felicity will be blamed (by some) for E2 Laurel falling off the redemption bandwagon.'

Edited by tv echo
57 minutes ago, tv echo said:

That 717 episode synopsis just depresses me. My immediate reaction was, 'oh great (sarcasm), Felicity will choose the team over E2 Laurel, E2 Laurel will feel betrayed by her only friend and go evil again, and Felicity will be blamed (by some) for E2 Laurel falling off the redemption bandwagon.'

The thing is, with how fast they’ve written Laurel’s redemption, she could go 100% completely evil at the end of 717 and still be declared a hero at the end of 718, especially if it’s her last episode. 

Honestly, I can see people tuning in expecting to get quality Oliver/Laurel scenes and being disappointed when they share maybe one scene, simply because of how the press release is worded without thinking about the fact that those are never 100% accurate. 

It is definitely looking like Laurel goes evil in 717, and then it’s up to Felicity, Dinah and Sara to try to bring her back to the side of good in 718. Maybe Oliver thinks it’s a sign that she can’t be redeemed or is busy with something Emiko-related or goes to CC to see William only to find his grandparents moved away with him, hence Oliver’s absence in 718 (he barely filmed for it, right?) and Oliver and Felicity not seeing William again. Maybe Oliver will wave goodbye to Laurel from the other side of a park as she leaves for E2 through a breach at the end of 718 while he waits by the car to bring Felicity home. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

I see it more as Felicity cooing that Laurel is joining the team while Oliver rolls his eyes at her enthusiasm.

The relationship in focus here is Felicity/Laurel and anyone thinking it's going to be full of Oliver/Laurel scenes is going to be disappointed.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

We don't even know what the conflict is. For all we know, Laurel wants to do something bad and Felicity sides against her for her own good. 

I can't get worked up over the synopsis cause I know the episode is setting up Laurel's exit and I have to laugh at Chico making it sound like it could be a Laurel and Oliver episode.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

I can't get worked up over the synopsis cause I know the episode is setting up Laurel's exit and I have to laugh at Chico making it sound like it could be a Laurel and Oliver episode.

Just like she did with the synopsis for 711, LOL. Never change, Chico.

Also, the "choice" between Team Arrow and Laurel may well be ethical/strategic, but for some reason, I think it will be more logistical. Like Team Arrow and Laurel are on missions in separate places, things go to shit, and Felicity can't save them all at the same time. But if it's a choice between saving her children's father (and the rest of the team) and Laurel, there's no question who she's gonna choose. Laurel knows Felicity's family is her top priority, so even with her empathy still being a work in progress, it's hard to imagine her being mad at Felicity for choosing her husband over her. But maybe the way Laurel gets herself out of the situation requires her to tap into her Siren-ness, leading to 718 and the question of whether she's redeemed or not.

• Love 3

https://screenrant.com/arrow-theory-felicity-mia-star-city-future/amp/

The revelation that Mia Smoak grew up without knowing her father, Oliver, was stunning enough, but the fact that she grew to young adulthood without any of her father's former allies, apart from John Diggle, knowing about her was truly amazing. While Arrow season 7 had seen Felicity growing increasingly security-minded after her near-death encounter with Ricardo Diaz in the season premiere, and the characters who knew her in Star City 2038 spoke of her becoming increasingly paranoid over the years, there was no apparent reason why she should need to hide her daughter or why Mia Smoak would feel the need to adopt the Blackstar alias. This begged the question - what would require such drastic measures?

The answer becomes apparent if we consider the theory that the terrorist group run by Dante in Star City 2019 is the same one plotting to blow up Star City in 2038. While the name of this group has yet to be revealed on Arrow, it seems to be based on a group from the Green Arrow comics called the Ninth Circle. A satanic cabal of criminal financiers led by a man known only as Dante, the Ninth Circle are also notable for having a prophecy regarding the Queen family line.

In the comics, as Oliver Queen fought to expose the Ninth Circle and thwart their designs to take over his city, he was stunned to learn that not only had his father been a member of the Ninth Circle but his ancestor, Robin Queen, had been the Ninth Circle's founder! A robber baron of the old school, Robin Queen believed in unregulated capitalism, legalized slavery, and the acquisition of power for power's sake - and he had founded the Ninth Circle as a quasi-mystic order built around his ideals. It was written that the strength of the Ninth Circle was dependent upon a member of the Queen family always being at its center, and with Oliver having been judged unworthy due to his activities as Green Arrow, the Ninth Circle became obsessed with the capture and conversion of Emiko Queen - the only other surviving heir of the Queen bloodline.

The fate of Emiko Queen in the future of the Arrowverse is unknown, but "Brothers and Sisters" revealed that Dante is already aware of her existence. Assuming that something happens to both Emiko and Oliver Queen in the future (as many have, given the anticipated ending of this year's Arrowversecrossover event), it's entirely possible that Felicity Smoak could soon find herself carrying the last vestige of the Queen family bloodline and with a powerful clandestine society hunting for her. Should that be the case, it would make sense that Felicity would hide herself and her daughter with only John Diggle (who knows of the danger of Dante's group) knowing their secret and Mia Smoak growing up hiding her true name and nature from the world. Future episodes of Arrow shall reveal the truth, one way or another.

Green-Arrow-The-Prophecy-of-The-Ninth-Ci

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

But even supposing Oliver and Emiko die, Mia wouldn't be the last vestige of the Queen family bloodline because William is still alive and if Oliver dies in COIE, Mia should already be born/any decisions about who knows about her existence already made. Also, if the Ninth Circle is after Mia, taking her to/raising her in Star City and giving her the last name Felicity still uses would seem way stupider than Felicity's ever been. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

But even supposing Oliver and Emiko die, Mia wouldn't be the last vestige of the Queen family bloodline because William is still alive and if Oliver dies in COIE, Mia should already be born/any decisions about who knows about her existence already made. Also, if the Ninth Circle is after Mia, taking her to/raising her in Star City and giving her the last name Felicity still uses would seem way stupider than Felicity's ever been. 

But we dont know when they give her the last name Smoak.  I am also not sure Felicity make an announcment this is Mia Smoak to the whole Star City. Not even some of the former team members seem to know about Mia.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

And this scenario would make them not keeping in touch with William even weirder. He's the publicly acknowledged biological son of Oliver Queen - the only one anyone would know about if they keep Mia a secret - to know that he could be targeted by these people and just leave him out there on his own would be awful. Unless, I guess they ruled him an unworthy successor for some reason. Maybe he's very generous with his money to humanitarian causes or something. 

• Love 3

Well, that definitely explains no one knowing about Mia. But there's so many plot holes in that. Does Felicity leave? But if she does, when does she build Smoak Tech? Or does that happen a few years into the future and we're just never gonna see it? Kat said Mia grew up in Star City but is that from birth? Also, if Felicity does leave to protect Mia, why come back at all if things are so dire? I AM CONFUSION. 🤔

I would also think they'd want to protect William even more but not contacting him at all? I just don't buy it. If anything he should go into hiding with Felicity and Mia. 

None of this is adding up and I don't like the implications tbh. But I guess 716 will tell us more. 

I have a feeling whatever 7x16 tells us will just make this even more dumber. I don't have high hopes that the writers are capable of pulling off an explanation that's not stupid and full of plot holes given that they set this story up to be stupid and full of plot holes. 

• Love 1

I really want to see a family reunion in 716 that includes William being surprised Felicity recognizes him, and she says something like, “I know you never wanted to see or hear from us again, but I kept track of you ...” and he realizes his grandparents are to blame. Just give me something that acknowledges that Oliver and Felicity did want William. 

• Love 8

I think 716 will be fine because at the end of the day Arrow will do what Arrow's always done since day 1 which is make crazy plot decisions illogical or not but then rely on the actors and the audience's favor of the characters to pull it off and in this case it's BL, KM, and EBR, so that puts a lot in its corner.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Not to mention the fact that unless this all goes down in the next couple of months how in the hell did Dinah and Rene dumb asses not realise/not know Felicity is pregnant?

Mind wipe? I'm only partly joking....

• LOL 1

The fact that everyone is openly speculating about Oliver dying in the finale makes me more convinced the writers won't do it -- or at least it won't stick. It's way to predictable at this point.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The fact that everyone is openly speculating about Oliver dying in the finale makes me more convinced the writers won't do it -- or at least it won't stick. It's way to predictable at this point.

Exactly. It's one of the reasons Mia is their kid, because they knew it would be a shock after 708 and 712 would throw people off (even though hilariously a bunch of outlets are pretending it was always "obvious" and that they had a feeling this whole time).

Also, Tvline's guesses are more than often wrong, so there's that.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Seriously. As I just said on Twitter, I'm not going to make it through nice more months of these kinds of stupid articles that appear to be written by naive people who have never watched TV before.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:42 AM, JamieLynn832002 said:

I saw some speculation on Twitter that maybe the Ninth Circle focuses on Mia rather than William because Mia is a legitimate Queen heir, unlike William and Emiko. Maybe William or Emiko would've sufficed in the absence of a legitimate heir, but once Mia was born, that was that.

In any case, I hope the speculation in that ScreenRant article is heading in the right direction, because I'm all for a storyline involving shadowy organizations and Queen family secrets.

• Love 1

This scene feels kind of random and out of nowhere, but I'm happy to see Turner back. Unlike Chancellor Asgard, I'm not sure this scene is really "confirmation" of Diaz's death. I'm keeping hope alive because I absolutely want him to be dead, but this seems suspicious and It's entirely possible that his death was faked and he's now with the Ninth Circle.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

This scene feels kind of random and out of nowhere, but I'm happy to see Turner back. Unlike Chancellor Asgard, I'm not sure this scene is really "confirmation" of Diaz's death. I'm keeping hope alive because I absolutely want him to be dead, but this seems suspicious and It's entirely possible that his death was faked and he's now with the Ninth Circle.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think this really means anything unfortunately, and it does seem random considering the last we heard of Bronze Tiger was EIGHT episodes ago. 

I thought Dinah's life-changing news would be that she couldn't use her squeaker anymore, but after watching the Inside: is it possible she gets fired from the SCPD? Or both maybe? 

Edited by apinknightmare
14 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

LOL. Felicity looks like she wants to die looking at that tech. 

I really hope Felicity is going to be the first one to pull the chute on this ridiculous SCPD team up. Her poor face with that woman was explaining tech to her...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Per 717 synopsis, E2 Laurel "learns about some damaging information that affects Emiko." Maybe Emiko is implicated by Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger in Diaz's murder. 

Then, if it turns out that Emiko was manipulated or framed by Dante to kill Diaz, then it's like deja vu - like Malcolm brainwashing Thea into killing Sara.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Seriously. As I just said on Twitter, I'm not going to make it through nice more months of these kinds of stupid articles that appear to be written by naive people who have never watched TV before.

I saw some speculation on Twitter that maybe the Ninth Circle focuses on Mia rather than William because Mia is a legitimate Queen heir, unlike William and Emiko. Maybe William or Emiko would've sufficed in the absence of a legitimate heir, but once Mia was born, that was that.

In any case, I hope the speculation in that ScreenRant article is heading in the right direction, because I'm all for a storyline involving shadowy organizations and Queen family secrets.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this leading to The Ninth Circle And Mia being a Target due to being a legit Queen heir. 716 is her backstory and they said we would find out why shes Mia Smoak Not Mia Queen.  

Why did they deputize the vigilantes. clearly people with specialized and advanced skills, and then randomely put them into rookie training weeks after? It`s not like the Green Arrow`s fighting skills aren`t well known. This has to be worst Mayor the city ever had, and I`m including all the dead ones here. Is that storyline over soon? Please. 

I hope COIE just ultimately rewrites the flash forwards and the future is full of bright possibilities again. The juxtaposition with Flash especially is ridiculous. A hero`s museum with merchandising and a kid that grew up without her father but idolized him vs. a dystopian Mad Max world with a kid who grew up without her father and thinks him and his ilk are responsible for it all.   

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Why did they deputize the vigilantes. clearly people with specialized and advanced skills, and then randomely put them into rookie training weeks after? It`s not like the Green Arrow`s fighting skills aren`t well known. This has to be worst Mayor the city ever had, and I`m including all the dead ones here. Is that storyline over soon? Please.

It makes sense to me as a CYA move. Now that they're working for the city, the city has to prove that they met all the necessary training requirements. I hope the show plays it for laughs, I could use some.

I agree it's an awful storyline though.

3 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm really close and I never cry at tv or movies. I think next week is going to kill us.

I thought I was ready to process that but I wasn't quite.

It is so surreal to have waited for it, imagined it, read fanfic about it for so long and then see it onscreen.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Holy shit that promo

I'm crying. Like actually crying.

I want a happy future of course, but just knowing Oliver gets to be there for the birth of his baby girl makes me so happy and emotional.

• Love 11
Just now, KenyaJ said:

I want a happy future of course, but just knowing Oliver gets to be there for the birth of his baby girl makes me so happy and emotional.

Me too!!! The first thing I thought was "At least he was there and had that one happy moment"

• Love 7
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

I thought I was ready to process that but I wasn't quite.

It is so surreal to have waited for it, imagined it, read fanfic about it for so long and then see it onscreen.

We need your thoughts, your Squees and emotions! We oliciters are gonna be all "AWWWWWWWW LOOK AT BABY MIA SHES SO PRECIOUS among other things. I'm Optimistic we see Older Felicity at the end 

• Love 3