Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E18: Nominations #6

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

Omg, the hacker is way too powerful. Was expecting hacking the noms but not the votes too. Wow!

Kudos BB, way to keep it interesting.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll call Brett sweathog instead of cockroach - his pits were pretty damp.

Rockstar, if you wanted to know what your baby looked like, you could have stayed at home.

I don't get why Bayleigh is so mad that Brett through her under the bus - didn't she do the same thing to him?

I feel sorry for Rockstar with Bayleigh treating her like crap. Bayleigh is alienating her alliance.

Whoa, that Hacker twist could get wild.  So Angela could make nominations, then Bayleigh could change them, then after the nomination ceremony the Hacker could replace a nominee.  What's the use of having an HOH? 

I can really see Angela's mustache in that last diary room.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 6

Bayleigh has the same cold heart as Angela, they just display it in different ways.

No excuse for her to treat Rockstar that way except she was upset and wanted to pound someone down and Rockstar was an easy target. RS won't fight back like another house guest might.

• Love 9

When a Rockstar moves in with an accountant . . . (commercial)

Whenever I hear that commercial I think of BB Rockstar and not some other rock star.

So they all do the hacker comp at the same time?

GO HALEIGH!

This is getting interesting.

Funny that Bayleigh has 0 points.

Come on Haleigh!! And it looks like she won. I bet she takes Rockstar off.  

Bayleigh is exhausting. There's nothing more infuriating than someone who talks over you, won't let you get a word in, and then storms off when you try to respond. Why on earth would she be yelling at Rockstar? On what planet would Rockstar vote to keep Brett? And Rockstar is on my last nerve, sobbing every time she doesn't get her way. They're both exhausting.

I'm not a fan of the Hacker comp, it's way too much power.  It basically nullifies the next 2 HoHs.  I was cracking up during Sam's brilliant plan to have everyone throw the comp to her. That was unintentionally hilarious. I would have rocked that comp, as bad as I am at math (verrrrry bad), I'm great at word puzzles like this one. Although it was annoying that they only showed us the letters for a couple seconds so we couldn't really play along at home.

I hope Tyler makes it through the week. I forget what his power app is...can it somehow counteract the hacker? My brain hurts...

Edited by Rachel RSL
Random missing sentence fragment.
  • Love 17

Ha! Haleigh is faking the others out pretty well! But she better keep her mouth shut or else people will start suspecting her. I thought she would remove Rockstart, but instead it's Scotty. I guess I understand why but that gets into live feeds territory.

Whoa! She put up Tyler!!

Tyler's diary room speech reminds me of a speech that Paul would make, but watered down.

• Love 7

Bayleigh needs to calm the fuck down. You cant try to get someone out of the house and then proceed to yell at them for blowing your game up because they managed to stay.

Now you yell at Rockstar!?! AFTER Tyler told you that he was voting Rachel out? It is time for her to go home. I want Lvl6 to shed another member but this girl is just way to much and feeling way to entitled.

How to Rockstar and Fessy not notice that Tyler is the common denominator when it comes to all these groups?

• Love 9

Bailey is just mean.  She also has very bored looking eyes. 

I liked the Hacker comp.  It was fun!

Kinda also fun that Tyler is on the block, at least for now.  I like him, but the game needed a good shaking up.  

What a fun Sunday episode!

• Love 13

Bayleaf... gurl please.  Nobody is scared of your bullshit empty threats.  And referring to yourself as Queen Bay?  No.  Just No.  Someone take her delusional ass out.

Brett is as resilient as cockroaches and corn, and about as charming.

Damn, Rockstar!  You are quickly becoming more of a crier than Waaaamber from BB8.  I forgot that you were kidnapped and forced to go on Big Brother.  "I don't know what color my baybee's hurr is, I don't know what its gender is, I don't know if it knows me anymore, etc."

Haylee is maybe more sneaky and thoughtful than I anticipated.  I'm still distracted by that alien on her head.

Bout time someone finally targeted Tyler.  Although I doubt he'll stay on the block long.  Someone will take him off - or vote off Rockstar.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Sam: "I haven't touched a computer in more than five years."
Me: does a Google search, finds Sam's Instagram in a few seconds.

Suuure, Sam. 

Instagram is on your phone though. You don’t need a computer for it. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Your phone practically is a computer at this point but I'll accept it. 

I still call bullshit on it, though. They're playing up the country bumpkin bit just a little too much.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

This comp was so easy and made for Brett. How could he blow it?

HAHA... I know, right?  I cracked up when he typed "anal lice" during the competition.  Really Brett?  You thought that was the word they were going for?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I'll call Brett sweathog instead of cockroach - his pits were pretty damp.

Up your nose with a rubber hose! [/random 70s TV Quotes]

Queen Bay is too much. Rockstar should have walked out as soon as the Queen Wannabe said "Shut Up." I was halfway waiting for an order to "bend the knee."

And yeah Brett is a jerk, but he had a point. He's throwing her under the bus when Bay put him on the block? That's rich.

But Brett, bro please do not refer to yourself in the third person. vb68 can't stand that. It drives vb68 up a wall.

The Hacker stuff is just ridiculous. There have been enough twists already, and this season is delivering. It's unnecessary. The competition itself was kind of a nice change of pace, though.

Haleigh played that as well as she could (I was expecting her to put up Sam), but she should probably be scared of Angela. I would be.   

I'm tired of making fun of Rockstar. I sorta pity her. I think it would've been best for her to leave pre-jury. I wish she would had stood up for herself to  Queen Bay the bully. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 16
55 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I have nominated you, Scottie and you Rockstar....because you are the ugliest people in the house. 

I laughed and laughed when Angela told her she was bottom of the barrel.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The fact that Bayleigh isnt using her power even though it was outed and someone from the opposite side is in power....stupid on her part and waste of power.

I suppose one could credit the ability of L4+ to make her believe she was safe this week.

It doesn't really matter as even if she hijacked the nominations, Angela was planning on backdooring her from the start.  Even using her power, she would be available for a renom.

As always, it comes down to who wins Veto.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, me5671 said:

HAHA... I know, right?  I cracked up when he typed "anal lice" during the competition.  Really Brett?  You thought that was the word they were going for?

Me too! That was hilarious.  And he was smiling.  

• Love 6
Just now, PaperTree said:

I suppose one could credit the ability of L4+ to make her believe she was safe this week.

It doesn't really matter as even if she hijacked the nominations, Angela was planning on backdooring her from the start.  Even using her power, she would be available for a renom.

She would've had a better chance at staying even if she was backdoored. Taking over the noms and putting up Kaycee/Brett, even if Hayliegh took down Kaycee and put up Tyler and if Tyler gets taken down and Bay goes up, it would be better then her/Rockstar.

Just when it looks BB is going down a boring, predictable, path...BOOM. And that is why I love this stupid, stupid show.

I liked Baileigh. I did. Thought she was feisty. But it turns out she’s just mean. I’m on board with backdooring  her at this point.

Haileigh, you are now officially my favorite. She knew he was playing the middle! I thought they were all totally snowed by Tyler. 

I just always feel sad for Rockstar. Normally constant crying is just annoying, but she makes me want to there, there her all the time.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Yeah but if Bay had put up let's say JC and Brett. With the Hacker nullifying a vote, even if Brett came down and Bay goes up, Brett would go. Haleigh, Fessy, Rockstar, and scottie are 4 votes, and that's all they need for eviction.

• Love 2

I liked the comp and especially the setup for it with everyone in a room. It must have been a fun way to kill the boredom. I love that Hay figured out Tyler and Scottie was the right move as people were already pinning it on him so that was good. Nice work honey err sorry Hay. /Brett

Bay really does expect everyone to bow down to her game doesn't she?? How dare you do something to take yourself off the block when I've nominated you? And Angie how dare you not tell me all the info you don't know? You call yourself an alliance member?

• Love 12

I am loving this season and haven’t watched in years (since a friend who shall remain nameless was on and he played like an asshole) but how much OBVIOUS interference from production  is too much? They just (possibly) accidentally blew up Tyler’s game and I know they want him to win! 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 1

I can’t stand Tyler- he is the fakiest fake there ever was. I feel like he is not only playing his fellow houseguests, but the audience as well. I will laugh and laugh if he is voted off- but I won’t hold my breath about that happening any time soon. All the sad faces when Hay put him on the block did make me laugh. What a bunch of dumpas. Good for Haley though. Remember when she mentioned Tyler when Bay was quizzing her about which two guys did something against Bayleigh- I can’t recall what it was exactly- and Bay said no, not Tyler, and said somebody else’s name.  Lol- I should look this up. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

I hope Tyler makes it through the week. I forget what his power app is...can it somehow counteract the hacker? My brain hurts...

No his power app is to "sit on the cloud" (claim safety) BEFORE either the original nom or before the veto winner makes their speech/decision.  He can do nothing once he is on the block with the app.  Plus the app doesn't counter the hacker power either.

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

In other news, Hayleigh is smarter than I thought she was.  Not with the competition, but because she's zeroed in on Tyler, when so much of the house remains clueless.   

But she did it because she thinks he is a "floater."  LOL!  She has no idea he isn't floating at all but is part of an alliance that formed the very first day after he won the first HOH competition.

Fessy is totally clueless and Rockstar is an overly-emotional idiot and Bay may be queen mean but Hay may be even worse because she thinks she has a real read on things.  No Hay, the real floater is JC who is sneaking right along deep into the game and you don't even see it.  But yeah you luckily "accidentally" targeted the best player in the house though you thought you just targeted a spaced-out, surfer doofus floating by in the game.

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

You phone is a computer.  A computer that is mobile and lets you make phone calls on it as well.

40 minutes ago, vb68 said:

The Hacker stuff is just ridiculous. There have been enough twists already, and this season is delivering. it's unnecessary. the competition itself was kind of a nice change of pace, though.

Yeah having just one of those three powers the Hacker gives you as in taking off a nom and putting someone else up in their place is way powerful in itself.  But adding in the ability to select a veto player of your choosing and, especially, nullifying one VOTE in the eviction voting while all the while remaining anonymous, is much more powerful than the three earlier power apps combined. 

This is totally ridiculous.  I mean I didn't even like the three power apps but this three-in-one SUPER MEGA power with no accountability Hacker thingie is way over the top.  And someone else is going to get it again next week too.  Enough!  Just let the players play.  You have a really good and entertaining season going but you just can't keep your paws out of it can you, Grodner?

But about the Hacker as a competition to use as say for a HOH or Veto one then yeah I liked the set-up.  Total shout-out by Big Brother and even JC to Elliot and the award-winning and totally awesome and first rate TV series, Mr Robot.

Great editing of the "clueless"people in Bay's alliance early in the show and also of Fessy in the end on the couch looking at nothing and not knowing anything ... as per usual.  Especially since this time his clueless look was after his "girl" was the one wrecking havoc.

Edited by green
  • Love 8

Oh and Sam... oh Sam. Willing to fall on the sword for everyone and nobody agreed. It's too much peril I guess.

But really I can't decide how to characterize that move: devious and brilliant (were she to use it for her whim) or clueless and oblivious (if she really did mean it). I guess either way it was worth a try.

• Love 7

Bwah, I actually ended up loving the hacker comp! Something about seeing the HGs walk down what looked to be an actual indoor, studio hallway with a totally different type of lighting in front of their terminals got this "superfan"* excited! (*superfan = I've watched every ep of every season but have the memory of a goldfish.) And it was a great comp to play along with. I imagine my screaming "backdoor! backdoor!!" at the t.v. would have made the neighbors pop an eyebrow if my windows had not been closed.

Hayleigh has become a secret badass/strategist and I'm lovin' it. She was completely right in saying Tyler is playing both sides; it's exactly what he's doing. And his hangdog slow trudge to the on-the-block seat was second only to George Michael Bluth's sad Snoopy walk. Sam's single tear rolling down her cheek... oh lawd. And her "proposal" was so tone-deaf I can't even, as the kids say. She is so goddamn power-hungry in the most passive-aggressive way. That said, she does a great old-style computer keyboard tapping imitation.

Brett got pwned! Hilarious.

If Angela actually manages to backdoor Bayleigh, I will come over to the dark side and grudgingly embrace her evil bitchitude.

• Love 11

So, I was playing The Crying Game on tonight’s episode.  Thanks a lot, Pinky.  Three shots of Cuervo, all thanks to you.

1 hour ago, JD5166 said:

Does Bayleigh just expect everyone to play FOR HER? I can’t wait for her to be gone she is a gross bully! I hate that threatening hand smacking thing....

Yes, Bae does; ever since her HoH, Bae’s sense of entitlement has been through the roof.  The term “douchecanoe” begs for immediate application.

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

Today’s smartphones are computers; most people don’t make that connection, though, so I won’t fault Sam for what is nowadays a common misconception.

44 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I cracked up that the hacker had a Russian accent. Timely there, Big Brother.

+1000.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Oh and Sam... oh Sam. Willing to fall on the sword for everyone and nobody agreed. It's too much peril I guess.

But really I can't decide how to characterize that move: devious and brilliant (were she to use it for her whim) or clueless and oblivious (if she really did mean it). I guess either way it was worth a try.

She so would have enjoyed being on Season1 with Chicken George the time he wanted to lead all of the House out the door because BB was trying to turn them against each other and the solution was to take up arms against production and present a united front by everyone quitting the show en masse. 

And he actually thought that this is what BB wanted them to "learn" on this show too, hah.  That BB was proud of him "getting" the whole point of the show that was billed back then as a social experiment after all.  And the others in the House were all behind his plan early on too.

And I so wanted that to happen too.  Something actually unexpected happening because the show is live.  A live reality show where the hamsters cut the strings of their puppet master producers.  The fulfillment of the promise of the new genre of "reality shows" where the rest of us can take over from the movers and shakers and stir up our own little shit for a change. 

Alas it didn't happen and those innocent days are past though if it did it would be remembered as the biggest moment in realty show history.  But instead it backfired and scared the crap out of production and probably lead directly to ultra uber production control and interference from Season 2 on and the casting of mostly empty-headed 20-something mactor wannabees who wouldn't dream of giving up even one second of their 15 minutes of national TV air time fame for anything on earth.

So Sam's very weird quest for kumbaya was doomed from the start though it did lead to some funny reaction shots from the other players.

Edited by green
  • Love 4

Nothing I have seen so far tells me that when we fade in on Wednesday’s show that Faysal won’t be sitting in the same spot on the couch with the same look on his face.

If Angela weren’t such a crotch about Rachel I might actually like the rest of her bitchiness but it was just so UNNECESSARY that I'll just keep on keeping on.

Bayleigh bye.

Sam’s house meeting was beyond ridiculous but I'll give her a pass on having Instagram because using an actual keyboard and your phone keyboard, while both are QWERTY, do not have the same skill set.

One thing that house meeting did show me is that Haleigh hates Sam and the feeling appears to be mutual.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Your phone practically is a computer at this point but I'll accept it. 

I still call bullshit on it, though. They're playing up the country bumpkin bit just a little too much.

It is, but typing on a keyboard and typing on a phone are really different. I almost never use a computer other than at work, so assuming she doesn't regularly use one at work, I can buy that she is not comfortable typing on a keyboard. 

53 minutes ago, me5671 said:

Hehe. I have the humor of a 10 year old boy and was giggling as much as he was.

47 minutes ago, Jel said:

Wow, Haleigh, you just made a fan of me.

And just when I thought none of them would ever be on to Tyler. 

I appreciate her read on things and it was probably one of the few ways he would get put on the block because he can talk his way off. 

17 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah, either way it was pretty funny to watch. It wasn't really a throwable competition anyway.

Angela went from being furniture to being an insufferable asshole pretty quickly. That self satisfied smirk about how Rockstar was going to have a breakdown, that comment about how she guessed the only way to be safe was to be HOH, that fake ass discussion with Bayleigh complete with a side glance to the camera? I want all the bad BB luck to set upon her, even if it screws my fantasy team.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, The Companion said:

Yeah, either way it was pretty funny to watch. It wasn't really a throwable competition anyway.

Well they could have all kept their hands off their keyboards. But then Sam would have had to get one right for it to work!

But agreed that my issue is the unnecessary OTT bitchiness by Angela. What a pleasant young lady she is.

• Love 8