Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Sean & Dottie LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Sean made a good decision! He chose to do a crochet project instead of eating!

THE CROCHETING!!

I totally forgot about that from the first episode. He’s too much!

I was thinking that he might benefit from the charity of a church. He needs people that are willing to give to a lost cause. He needs a community.

Edited by CircusPeanuts
  • Love 10
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

It does not seem to occur to Sean at all that if he loses sufficient weight, he can get a job, or go to school and become self sufficient. Its completely off his radar. 

Did he say if he loses the weight he can get into a care facility? this was his goal? Why cant he get into it now? Why does he have to be skinnier to get into it? Im not following his thought process, except that he wants to be taken care of.

• Love 10
Just now, Wanda said:

What is Sean doing with his hands under the hospital blanket? It looks odd.

The same thought entered my mind. 

The time to donate the hoarded stuff was before he moved, HIs dad realized he was a hoarder and gave up. He blew his chance to get rid of all this shit. If its in a box, you dont use it and you dont need it FFS this guy

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Sean is a lost cause. He's gained 75 pounds and can't figure out that he shouldn't eat bread. Sheesh.

On the other hand it lends credence to his argument that Dr. Now was too hard on his mudder. He can gain weight all by himself thankyouverymuch.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It does not seem to occur to Sean at all that if he loses sufficient weight, he can get a job, or go to school and become self sufficient. Its completely off his radar. 

Or find a girlfriend. That other guy who was a mama's boy, remember he left mama high and dry when he found a woman? Can't remember his name but he was kind of feminine, I remember he had a Go Fund Me for his wedding.

• Love 11
Just now, QuinnInND said:

75 lbs... Smh.  God he's a sad sack. No coping skills. Sad. My 2 year olds have more coping skills and maturity than he does. 

My cat has better coping skills. He was rescued off the streets. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Threnners said:

If he is having gallstone fuckery, he may be only able to eat meat and bread.   That was all I could do when mine shit the bed.

Then he better keep it to meat only.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

75 lbs... Smh.  God he's a sad sack. No coping skills. Sad. My 2 year olds have more coping skills and maturity than he does. 

He really is unlikeable. 

• Love 8

And seriously, does he really have anything worth donating?  It reminds me of the hoarders on Hoarders who insist on donating their crap.  Gross!  Nobody wants their dirty, nasty, spider egg-infested keepsakes, books, and stuffed animals.  Ugh!

• Love 14
1 minute ago, elly1517 said:

Sean is 27. I'm 24 and have been living on my own for the past 3 years. Well I feel better about myself. I'm doing okay

You're doing GREAT. Have you threatened to go die in a ditch or whinged about how no one will help you? You are the Queen of Adulting! 

• Love 20

OMG, Sean is 100% clinically depressed. I really want to blame him but the man knows no better. And honestly, his life really is shit. His mother, who enabled and coddled him into what he is now, is gone. He's living in a 2x4 room surrounded by a hoard and has no money or any skills to make money. And he has no coping skills. That's fucking sad

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Or find a girlfriend. That other guy who was a mama's boy, remember he left mama high and dry when he found a woman? Can't remember his name but he was kind of feminine, I remember he had a Go Fund Me for his wedding.

Joe! God, I hated him.

I have a very low tolerance for chronic poor-me syndrome. Yes, he lost his mother. Yes, he doesn't know how to deal with the real world. No, I don't want to send him money and let him continue to be a 600lb toddler until he falls over dead. 

<sigh>  I like to think I'm a sympathetic person, but he's really touched some nerve. Going to have to examine the issue in myself, find out why I'm reacting to his story the way I am.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, elly1517 said:

Sean is 27. I'm 24 and have been living on my own for the past 3 years. Well I feel better about myself. I'm doing okay

I'm 26 and I lived away from home for four years for my degree, but I'm back with my parents now. I've been struggling with my mental health lately but watching Sean makes me feel better about myself too.

I at least know how to cook something other than pizza.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I was thinking that he might benefit from the charity of a church. He needs people that are willing to give to a lost cause. He needs a community.

I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure how a church suggestion would go over. I think they had church members help them with the move to Houston.

In my church, you can call up from wherever, tell the bishop you are moving to town, and there will be a bunch of men at the new place, ready to unload your stuff. If you just had a baby, there will be frozen meals for you when you get out of the hospital. I need to get a dilated eye exam soon and can't drive. Someone from church will pick me up and take me home. It has been wonderful to have this community and when I see people like Sean, I feel for them, because we all need somebody sometime. 

• Love 12

Yeesh, just thinking about a recovery from that sort of surgery is giving me bad vibes. Poor Dottie, that's going to suck, but she's going to feel so much better.

She looks so pretty this episode! I love the darker hair on her.

• Love 9

These helpless people astound me. I had hand surgery yesterday. With a cast over stitches and a broken finger, I rode a bicycle 3 miles each way to get a few groceries and prescriptions, then came home, cooked a meal, washed the dished and installed an air conditioner because it's hot!

Sean, you *can* unpack!!

• Love 14