Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I have been thinking about the home selling a little bit more. So what if someone does buy Christine's house fairly soon? How will they feel about living there while a television show is being filmed all around them? I'm sure that is something Janelle has to disclose to them prior to the sale.

Are they also just putting one house up for sale at a time to prevent competition or will they list them all at once? All at once will definitely raise some eyebrows with potential buyers, like what is wrong with the homes/neighborhood/HOA, etc. People may not care they are moving to keep a storyline going for a reality show.

• Love 5

Did someone say they bought land outside of Flagstaff?  I wonder what schools the kids will attend?  I really can't believe they are doing this to their children again.  My account of the affected kids includes Dayton, Gabriel, Gwendolyn, Aurora, Ysabel, Savannah, Breanna, and Truely.  I really doubt the kids are happy about this.  But I guess a move worked before so Kody will try it again to keep the TV money coming in.

• Love 5

Dayton is 18 and graduated, so hopefully he off to college now and away from the shit show. Kody just doesn't give a rat's ass about the effect of the moves on the kids (see: Paedon). It may have worked in that no one ran away or developed any noticeable tragic behaviors, but believe me, those kids have been affected by the numerous times those parents have moved them in their pre-adult lives, and by all the pie-in-the-sky statements made to them. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Me, too.  Make my blood boil especially when periodically (especially during droughts) there is a move to try and divert water from the Great Lakes to the southwest, ostensibly for "farming".  But nobody says anything about closing down the golf courses!

LOL.  Reminds me of George Carlin, his hatred of the land wasted on golf courses, and saying something like, "Ever watch golf?  It's like watching flies fuck."

I've known golfers, but I don't get the appeal at all.  JMO, no flames please.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Dayton is 18 and graduated, so hopefully he off to college now and away from the shit show. Kody just doesn't give a rat's ass about the effect of the moves on the kids (see: Paedon). It may have worked in that no one ran away or developed any noticeable tragic behaviors, but believe me, those kids have been affected by the numerous times those parents have moved them in their pre-adult lives, and by all the pie-in-the-sky statements made to them. 

Well, families move and uproot their kids all the time.  Military, corporate, etc.  Its harder on some than others.  Seems like they all coped relatively well.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, families move and uproot their kids all the time.  Military, corporate, etc.  Its harder on some than others.  Seems like they all coped relatively well.  

That's true. I moved a lot because my dad was a federal employee. I knew we had to move for my dad's job and it was in the family's best interest. Also, my parents didn't lie to me about the moves. One of the moves broke my heart. These kids have been uprooted and moved for no reason other than their parents had spur of the moment ideas about moving somewhere. During one of the kid's couch sessions, they all admitted they didn't believe anything their parents said about new homes or new opportunities because they hadn't come through so many times before. I think the kids just learned to tune out the parents and take care of each other through the thick and thin of living in the Brown Family. They seem to be marrying young, maybe in hopes of having some control and stability in their lives. I wish them all the luck, but it really depends on who they choose (cough: FT :cough).

• Love 11

I'm sorry but I think her house looks awful. Even in photos it comes across as cheap builder grade worn out garbage. Add in the fact that it shares a yard with a dozen other kids and good luck selling it, especially at that price point. The inflatable hot tub that appears to be plugged into the bedroom should probably be packed up as well. The only thing that looks upgraded is the backyard and the fact that it's not private will hurt as well.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, mscav said:

I'm sorry but I think her house looks awful. Even in photos it comes across as cheap builder grade worn out garbage. Add in the fact that it shares a yard with a dozen other kids and good luck selling it, especially at that price point. The inflatable hot tub that appears to be plugged into the bedroom should probably be packed up as well. The only thing that looks upgraded is the backyard and the fact that it's not private will hurt as well.

Properly taken care of they would be great homes.  With small children and older children who don't help to keep things clean.  Everything starts looking grubby and worn.  You have to paint the walls every two years and clean the cabinets and floors on a regular basis.  My parents had the same carpet for 30 years and it was only slightly worn looking.  No shoes in the house and no food or drink anywhere except the kitchen/dining area.  With regular all day Saturday cleaning day.  Other friends would comment on how clean the home was.  My mom would say, that is because we keep everything picked up and put away and each child is responsible for their own rooms and helping with the rest of the house.  Mind you growing up the house we lived in was mostly wood floors so the common areas had to be swept daily.

4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

They seem to be marrying young,

That is a Mormon thing, no matter what branch you are part of.  I have friends in Utah that say because the no sex is pushed, that often makes young people get married so they can.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mscav said:

The inflatable hot tub that appears to be plugged into the bedroom should probably be packed up as well.

The ad says that no spa is included, so I suspect the hot tub is going to Flagstaff.  I hope so anyway; I don't think there's enough cleaner in the world to make me want to sit in a rubber hot tub that the Brown family has used.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, Fosca said:

The ad says that no spa is included, so I suspect the hot tub is going to Flagstaff.  I hope so anyway; I don't think there's enough cleaner in the world to make me want to sit in a rubber hot tub that the Brown family has used.

The listing also excluded the fridge, just as well, it probably reeks of tater tots and mock tapioca puddin'.

• Love 6

Looking at the listing of Christine's house, I am kind of gobsmacked on how large it is.  These people came from living in one big house to four ginormous (at least to me) homes.  They have GOT to be so deep in debt - that said, how on earth are they affording to relocate yet again?  Is TLC paying out that much?

Also, I really need to see the listing of Janelle's house please. :)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Looking at the listing of Christine's house, I am kind of gobsmacked on how large it is.  These people came from living in one big house to four ginormous (at least to me) homes.  They have GOT to be so deep in debt - that said, how on earth are they affording to relocate yet again?  Is TLC paying out that much?

Christine’s is the only one listed for sale, as of now.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Christine’s is the only one listed for sale, as of now.

I am going to need extra popcorn for the episode that shows the meeting between Meri, Kody and Christine where it's decided that Christine and her brood have to move into Meri's house so Christine's house can get a thorough de-crapping and go up for sale.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It's a real mystery regarding the relocation,  Why Flagstaff, where by all accounts real estate is much more expensive than Las Vegas and I don't see any of them settling for less than they had in LV.  The most surprising aspect to me is that all 4 of the "wives" are making the move, thought this would be Meri's golden opportunity to slide off to Parowan.

Janelle's home may be the last to be listed, it's going to take some major staging to de-clutter that master bathroom and rid the kitchen of all her chipped china.

Meri's move should be fairly smooth, just roll out all those racks of LLR inventory, patch the holes in the walls left by all the inspirational plaques, slap some fresh paint up and done.

Pity the people that have to help with Robyn's move, she still has SW Closet unsold merchandise from several years ago.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It's a real mystery regarding the relocation,  Why Flagstaff, where by all accounts real estate is much more expensive than Las Vegas and I don't see any of them settling for less than they had in LV.  The most surprising aspect to me is that all 4 of the "wives" are making the move, thought this would be Meri's golden opportunity to slide off to Parowan.

Janelle's home may be the last to be listed, it's going to take some major staging to de-clutter that master bathroom and rid the kitchen of all her chipped china.

Meri's move should be fairly smooth, just roll out all those racks of LLR inventory, patch the holes in the walls left by all the inspirational plaques, slap some fresh paint up and done.

Pity the people that have to help with Robyn's move, she still has SW Closet unsold merchandise from several years ago.

I would say Meri has a lot of stuff.  When they were in the rental homes one Christmas Meri had so many Christmas nick nacks, she could have opened her own store.  She also had/has two living room sets.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, lookeyloo said:

Agree. It seems minor compared to making your kids live their lives on TV. 

• Love 9
On 7/24/2018 at 2:32 PM, lookeyloo said:

And when they move Meri will whine her way into the biggest house.

I wonder about that...considering she now has her second dream-home in Parowan, and given all the ridiculous drama she has wrought upon the fam'ly, I am thinking that perhaps the other three wives will team up and lay it on the line for Meri that house size is going to be based on family size, and by her own actions, she is now a family of one.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder about that...considering she now has her second dream-home in Parowan, and given all the ridiculous drama she has wrought upon the fam'ly, I am thinking that perhaps the other three wives will team up and lay it on the line for Meri that house size is going to be based on family size, and by her own actions, she is now a family of one.

The only wife who needs more than a 2 bedroom house at this point is Robyn.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Is Gabriel home for one more year?  I could cut Christine and Janelle slack for a 3 bedroom so they'd have room for the college/military age kids to come home for holidays.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Are they buying existing homes or building again? If building, they may end up in the same boat as in LV with zoning for certain size homes.  That area that's been mentioned sounds pretty upscale so I can't imagine they'll allow little places.

• Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Janelle has a boy and girl, she would need 3 bedrooms.  

Gabe will be 18 in January. I believe they are building new homes. The main reason for moving is to breathe life into the show for another few seasons.  By the time all that occurs Gabe will be 18 and on the way out.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Gabe will be 18 in January. I believe they are building new homes. The main reason for moving is to breathe life into the show for another few seasons.  By the time all that occurs Gabe will be 18 and on the way out.

I didn't realize he would be that old already.  Gwendlyn and Aurora are not to far behind that.

• Love 1

We have also discussed the land purchase, what kind of house they will be allowed to put on the properties (site-built or manufactured), the expensive development the land is in, the high school the kids will go to, why why why are they moving to Flag in the first place and have gone over Christine's home listing with a magnifying glass. Those discussions are in other threads in this forum, so no scoopage. Just wrong placement!

I'm also not a girl. 

WOMAN.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, DesertDude said:

Girls, girls, girls, you are forgetting your sleuthing skills.   The Browns purchased 4 lots in Flagstaff, totaling 14.5 acres on June 1, 2018. 

Go to this website: Coconino Arizona Property Record

Search for Brown Kody in name.

Have fun.   They definitely purchased property and the ownership is interesting.

For a board that thinks they know everything about the Browns, I have out scooped you.

Respectfully,

Your most humble DesertDude (from IMDB)

Hey DesertDude.  i enjoyed your lively debating with other posters on IMDB.  Very interesting about how the owners are listed, if you click on the accounts, its either just Kody Brown, or Kody Brown and Robyn Alice.  Also wonder why they put Robyn on Christine's and Janelle on Meri's deed's?

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Hey DesertDude.  i enjoyed your lively debating with other posters on IMDB.  Very interesting about how the owners are listed, if you click on the accounts, its either just Kody Brown, or Kody Brown and Robyn Alice.  Also wonder why they put Robyn on Christine's and Janelle on Meri's deed's?

Hey Pickle, so who where you on IMDB?  Isn't the ownership weird?

Clicked on the link...does that mean that they bought 4 separate properties at $170,000x2, $180,000 and $300,000!!?? With Christines property being the largest and most expensive.  Is the sale price or the full cash value the ACTUAL value of the property?

I agree that the other wives names on the properties is weird. But this time Kody's name is on all of them instead of just the one he is legally married to at the time.

• Love 1

What is the IMDB you speak of?  I do see that the first $170,000 property is deeded to Kody and Janelle, the other $170,000 is deeded to Kody and Robyn.  The $180,000 is deeded to Kody, Janelle and Meri while the $300,000 plot is deeded to Kody, Robyn and Christine.  Are these plots land only and they will have to build on them?  Is it possible they are buying the land for future development and not actually moving any time soon.  It seems strange that Christine's house is the only one on the market right now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

What is the IMDB you speak of?  I do see that the first $170,000 property is deeded to Kody and Janelle, the other $170,000 is deeded to Kody and Robyn.  The $180,000 is deeded to Kody, Janelle and Meri while the $300,000 plot is deeded to Kody, Robyn and Christine.  Are these plots land only and they will have to build on them?  Is it possible they are buying the land for future development and not actually moving any time soon.  It seems strange that Christine's house is the only one on the market right now.

If that's the case, then the wives are involved in shared property value ownership as follows: Meri $180k, Janelle $350k, Christine $300k and Robyn $470k. Why the differences? Why are Robyn and Janelle each on two properties but Meri and Christine are only on one? And why is Meri's worth so much less, and Robyn's so much more than the others? Is it due to the family having partial ownership Meri's B&B and Robyn being the legal wife? So many questions. 

• Love 2

So, has anyone determined if they are buying houses, or building them?

Damn, Kootie (thx Kohola3) must be a super duper snake oil salesman, to get all that.  TLC can't be paying all of them enough for all the moving and buying??

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DesertDude said:

Hey Pickle, so who where you on IMDB?  Isn't the ownership weird?

I never posted on that board but I checked it several times a week.  Always to check out the back and forth between posters.  You always made some good points even if some of them didn't agree.  Yes the ownership is very weird.  I'm guessing only Janelle, Robyn and Kody have the credit to help qualify?   Maybe they were more frugal with their spending.   Meri is probably over extended, despite the money she makes.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This may be under the wrong topic, but Robyn's neck really looks swollen.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.  On the other hand Christine looks like she has really lost some weight.  Good for her.  

The swelling in Robyn's neck was noticeable last season too, but seemed to be more pronounced on one side.  Maybe thyroid issues?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

Look at Kody when Robyn talks and then look at him when Christine talks.  I can't imagine living this way.    

Christine grins and nods affirmatives to every pearl of wisdom he utters, even when he isn't looking at her.  She's a well-conditioned sister wife and a real team player, that one.

• Love 6

Yeah, he looks at Christine for about 2 seconds and then quickly looks down.  When Robyn speaks he is looking at her with a little smile on his face.  Kody is disgusted with Christine and I don't think he will ever forgive her for her jealousy towards Robyn.  Robyn isn't just the woman that Kody loves, but the woman that he saved.  Christine can never compete and she knows it.  Heartbreaking.   

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

There is an open house on Sunday from 11-4 for Christine's house.  

I am surprised they didn't make it "by appointment only" to keep the lookie-loo crowd away and only show to serious potential buyers.

• Love 2

This en-mass move arouses so many questions and is no doubt designed to ensure we will tune in for new season.

This enquiring mind wants to know if there are already new homes situated on the lots, I guess it could be done if they went with pre-fab houses instead of built from scratch.  Most of all, I would like to know how 4 homes were financed when they haven't yet sold the first one offered for sale.

I don't really expect honest explanations regarding how they achieved this, just more of the Brown Bafflegab.

• Love 4