Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 1/7/2019 at 4:00 AM, ginger90 said:

A description I came across:

SISTER WIVES

The beloved Brown family returns with the sound of wedding bells for Aspyn and Mitch, but not all is bliss for the four wives. Last season, Meri and Kody struggled to keep the heat in their marriage, and things are about to cool down even more. All mayhem breaks loose when Kody reveals the family doesn’t have the money to support Meri’s bed and breakfast venture. Plus, old wounds are reopened when Meri revisits her catfish experience by inviting new friend Kristie, who was a victim of the same catfish, to meet the family and better understand what they’ve all been through.

Meanwhile, wedding fever is in full swing when Mitch pops the question and Aspyn says yes. Maddie and Caleb, who recently welcomed baby boy Axel into the world, decide it’s time to move into a place of their own and Janelle has a hard time letting go. Christine is confronted with the daunting reality that her daughter Ysabel may need surgery for her scoliosis. Further adding to the chaos, Kody drops a bomb when he announces he wants to move the family out of Nevada and to a new state.

WTF? Meri gets mad at anyone who brings up the catfish thing (and the fact that she fell madly IN LOVE), but here she is bringing it up herself. 

Yeah and, pretty certain Meri and Kody are just acquaintances at this point. No salvaging that sunken ship. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I just can't move on!

Have at it. I have no desire to view regurgitated lies AKA piles of puke.  Or validating to these people that they matter in my universe.

• Love 4
On 12/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, bamaview said:

read an article this morning referencing their new homes in Flagstaff, so I white pages googled to just see if there were addresses and what do you know, Christines matches all the pictures her and the kids have been posting, Jenelle's is also a very nice house. But when I looked for Meri, there was no listing, but........ there was one for Mariah Brown in Flagstaff, and its a 7 bedroom that resembles some of Robyn's instagram pics, and there is no listing in Flagstaff for Robyn other than the new property. Kody is listed as residing at Christine's home. Could it be that Meri and Robyn couldn't qualify for even a rental so they had to get it in Mariah's name.

Could that Meri/Robyn have way too high debt to income ratio and couldn't put the rental in their names.  They have no REAL jobs with a ton of kids and property they owe a ton on.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Could that Meri/Robyn have way too high debt to income ratio and couldn't put the rental in their names.  They have no REAL jobs with a ton of kids and property they owe a ton on.

I wonder if they will offer a plausible explanation for the juggling of names on the titles of the vacant land.  When they purchased the LV properties, they were open about Robyn's struggle to qualify due to her previous credit history and although they didn't outright own it, it was apparent that the Brown's previous bankruptcies played a role in the creative financing they had to do to qualify for those homes.

As the years have progressed, the program has moved beyond the realm of semi-documentary enlightening the public to the fact that all polygamists are not of the Warren Jeff's ilk, to what they are offering today...a semi-scripted, self-edited comedy/drama. 

The program in the early years caused me to think, now it just makes me hard blink. 

• Love 10
On 1/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, laurakaye said:

Looks like I'm handing Vudu another $24.99 to watch these riveting events unfold.  I just cannot quit this show.

Have you thought of getting SLING Blue?  It is around $25/mo and you get a bunch of channels.  Hulu Live added TLC which I am happy about.  The only downside is this is monthly rather than one time purchase.

17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Have you thought of getting SLING Blue?  It is around $25/mo and you get a bunch of channels.  Hulu Live added TLC which I am happy about.  The only downside is this is monthly rather than one time purchase.

Hold on, I have Sling Blue!  Does it have TLC?  Because I swear I haven't seen it on there!  Sling drives me nuts because at one point I know for a fact that they added E! (so I could watch KUWTK, the guiltiest of my guilty pleasures) but then - it was gone.  I haven't even looked for TLC on Sling.  Cool, now I can keep my money!

• Love 4
On 12/24/2018 at 3:06 PM, Sandy W said:

You're right Sasha, I lost a generation there, it would be his half sibling, not uncle.  I need a spreadsheet!!!

Reminds me of a song I heard by Uncle Floyd (Floyd Vivino) called "I'm My Own Grandpa".

I've been out of the loop for a while.  Did the whole family move to Flagstaff?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Hold on, I have Sling Blue!  Does it have TLC?  Because I swear I haven't seen it on there!  Sling drives me nuts because at one point I know for a fact that they added E! (so I could watch KUWTK, the guiltiest of my guilty pleasures) but then - it was gone.  I haven't even looked for TLC on Sling.  Cool, now I can keep my money!

It does!  In fact, I ordered Sling Blue when I heard they had it not realizing Hulu Live which I also have just added TLC.  I am keeping Sling Blue so I can watch tv at work (ssshhhh!).  I prob could watch Hulu Live at work as well but I don't want to cancel yet.  

• Love 1

Seriously, we have to be subjected to another boring wedding? Thank god I record all my shows. I will be fast forwarding through all the wedding mess. I will, however, be looking so forward to the wives putting their foot down and arguing with the boss Kodster about moving to Flagstaff even though we know they do anyway. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Seriously, we have to be subjected to another boring wedding? Thank god I record all my shows. I will be fast forwarding through all the wedding mess. I will, however, be looking so forward to the wives putting their foot down and arguing with the boss Kodster about moving to Flagstaff even though we know they do anyway. 

The boring weddings SUCK. I record and fast-forward through them as well. If nothing's promising, I just delete the episode. There's more than enough wedding shit on TLC already. 

• Love 10

I wonder if any of the bookies in LV are making odds on the Browns bailing on those houses and walking away from the mortgages.  They bet on everything out there. 

I'd put some money down on that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I wonder if any of the bookies in LV are making odds on the Browns bailing on those houses and walking away from the mortgages.  They bet on everything out there. 

I'd put some money down on that.

If they could figure a way to do that and still qualify for mortgages on the houses they intend to build, I'm pretty sure they would try to pull that off.

Kody must be giving Janelle the real beady eye stares these days for not moving those LV houses yet.  Mortgage, taxes, HOA fees and utilities are marching on while Janelle sits and ponders her next Strive epistle.  

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

But even if I do... I will never watch this show.

I wouldn't watch it if someone paid me to.  Kootie's voice makes my skin crawl. I get all I need to know from the forums.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As of today, either Christine’s,  or Janelle’s house is off the market. I can’t keep the houses straight.

Janelle's is the house with the wild mustang plaque high up on the wall, the only distinguishing thing I can recall about Christine's was the last minute landscaping and hot tub on the patio.

If it hasn't sold, hopefully Janelle's listing of the property has expired and they are going to turn it over to a realtor with a track record who will actually be present to show the house.

• Love 6

I still don’t see Robyn or Meri’s houses listed.

I get them mixed up, but the house in the first picture is still for sale. The house in the second picture was taken off the market.

BF97305A-B1CF-48EA-8919-969149B9FD54.jpeg

61926B61-DF24-459F-9A3E-6D4381A3455D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

Top picture with the horses is Janelle's.  Janelle has visions of creating a rustic western decorating theme when they built LV houses.

The 2nd is Christine's with the faux turret.  I wonder if she secretly swans around the house in her Renaissance Faire gown she had created for the commitment ceremony.  Plaintively calling out Kody-O, Kody-O...wherefore art thou.........

• Love 11

All four houses are officially for sale.  Robyn is asking $619,900.  Meri is asking $599,000.  Janelle's is $649,900 and Christine's is $614,900.  You can find them on Zillow.

Edited to add: interestingly Janelle is not listed as the listing agent on Robyn and Meri's houses.  There is a man listed as the agent.  They must get getting more serious about selling them.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Robyn is asking $619,900.  Meri is asking $599,000.  Janelle's is $649,900 and Christine's is $614,900.

Interesting. Isn't Meri's house the most diverse- hobby room and wet bar, larger upstairs area because of those additions? Plus, she kept it looking immaculate. Janelle's house can't be worth up to $40,000 more than the others. I can't remember the house prices from when they purchased them.

• Love 6

Here is their bought price versus selling price:

Janelle: bought $443,700  -- selling $649,000

Christine: bought $443, 315 -- selling $614,900

Robyn: bought $445,049 --- selling $619,900

Meri: bought $447,017 -- selling $599,900

Janelle hasn't dropped the price since she first listed her house.  Christine has dropped hers from her initial asking price of $649,000 down to $614,900 now.  And actually now Christine's house is showing that the gentleman selling Robyn and Meri's is selling hers too.  I wonder when Janelle will switch her house to him as well?

• Love 9

I can't believe they will sell those places for the asking prices.  They haven't done much in the way of improvements as far as we know, at least not $100,000 worth.  Must be counting on "star power" to get them sold but the two that have been listed for a while have gone nowhere so far. 

Maybe the thought of the patter of 23 pairs of feet tromping through each place has made buyers step back.  Plus the thought of a placenta in Janelle's bathtub.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

The smell of desperation is permeating the cul-de-sac.  All 4 of the houses on the market at once is going to work in the purchaser's favor when negotiations take place.  This isn't what the family envisioned, I'm sure.  They probably thought they could throw them out there one at a time and each house would be snapped up as soon as it hit the market.  They over-estimated their star power and are now offering their own mini subdivision for sale.

I predict Meri's house will sell first, it has had the least amount of wear and tear, given that it housed only one teenaged child, the wet bar, the fact that Meri is seldom home herself and of course, the price.  The only negatives connected to Meri's home will be the myriad of nail holes in the walls from her inspirational plaques as well as the tainted aura in her bathtub still lingering from her candlelight sessions with "Sam".

• Love 20

As of now, Janelle is still the agent for her own house. 

It may not be all activity, but the last sale I found by Janelle was in 2017, for $135,000.

I just can’t see her being able to stay on top of this, especially from a different state. She hasn’t even lowered the price. The house has been on the market for  101 days.

Let’s compare:

964164BA-E1F3-46DD-A224-7CB1D08A966E.jpeg

C69170C5-B2CD-46A6-A42D-B82182739908.jpeg

• Love 3

That's embarrassing - ZERO sales??  But can you imagine sad-sack Janelle as a real estate agent in the first place?  She has no decorating skills that we know of, so I can't imagine she'd be good at staging homes to make them look more appealing.  She doesn't have the personality to chit-chat and find common ground with people, and I can't see her effusively trying to close a deal.  I can see Christine being a decent agent, but Janelle needs to find a desk job where she doesn't have to interact with anyone.

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That's embarrassing - ZERO sales??  But can you imagine sad-sack Janelle as a real estate agent in the first place?  She has no decorating skills that we know of, so I can't imagine she'd be good at staging homes to make them look more appealing.  She doesn't have the personality to chit-chat and find common ground with people, and I can't see her effusively trying to close a deal.  I can see Christine being a decent agent, but Janelle needs to find a desk job where she doesn't have to interact with anyone.

A job like she had at the beginning of the show, working for the state.  It's beyond me trying to understand why she thought she'd be a successful realtor.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

"People just need to buck up and follow.  It's called LEADERSHIP."  

It's possible that Kody has a Moses complex.  He led his flock to the desert of Nevada, he didn't receive enlightenment there, so he has now made the exodus to the mountains of Arizona.

He is probably just seeking validation of the 10 commandments he has already written for his tribe.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Every time I see that commercial with him saying that, I want to punch him in the face! It's not called "Leadership", Kody, it's you being a selfish jackass, as usual, and stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum until you get what you want.

That is not LEADERSHIP, that is ASSHOLERY.

(BTW, this is not the first time I've wanted to punch Kody in the face, it's just the most recent time!)

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It's possible that Kody has a Moses complex.  He led his flock to the desert of Nevada, he didn't receive enlightenment there, so he has now made the exodus to the mountains of Arizona.

He is probably just seeking validation of the 10 commandments he has already written for his tribe.

Is the first commandment Thou shall commit adultery and call it a Spiritual Union?

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

(With apologies to Shirley.)

Ha, that is perfect! 

And it is an insult to Shirley to equate that jerk with her but she can take it. I bet she'd slap him silly.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

A job like she had at the beginning of the show, working for the state.  It's beyond me trying to understand why she thought she'd be a successful realtor.

I would imagine that it is hard to film a show working a regular full time job.  But I have to give Janelle a pass, I'm not an outgoing person either, so working in an office in a cubicle by myself would be just fine with me.

• Love 7
On 1/18/2019 at 6:09 AM, laurakaye said:

can you imagine sad-sack Janelle as a real estate agent in the first place? 

It's so obvious that she only got her license for the 3% "discount".

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's so obvious that she only got her license for the 3% "discount".

I really think it was a mandate from Kootie that Janelle and Christine get a license. I can see him looking for some job to bring in money while still allowing them to bear and care for the collection of spawn during the week.

Of course, Christine wasn't bright enough to pass the test the first time and when she finally did she had a "oh, crap" moment where it became apparent she'd need to work on weekends and that was the end of that.  Apparently that didn't wasn't in the orientation packet.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I really think it was a mandate from Kootie that Janelle and Christine get a license. I can see him looking for some job to bring in money while still allowing them to bear and care for the collection of spawn during the week.

Of course, Christine wasn't bright enough to pass the test the first time and when she finally did she had a "oh, crap" moment where it became apparent she'd need to work on weekends and that was the end of that.  Apparently that didn't wasn't in the orientation packet.

It's interesting to me that TMI Realty still lists Christine as an active member on their corporate masthead.  To maintain standing as a realtor there are board fees to be paid, so it makes me wonder if it is just a 4 or 5 year oversight that Christine is still showing as active.

On the roster of realtors, there is a line "meet the realtor" under each of their photos.  With both Janelle and Christine, the most significant accomplishment the company could come up with is "As seen on the hit reality tv show "Sister Wives"

I wonder if the new realtor designated as the listing agent for 3 of the homes is a member of the same company that would show Christine and Janelle as active members. 

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, AZChristian said:

Kody, if you were a good leader, people would WANT to follow you.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, zenme said:

What does Kody do?

Is the Prophet in charge of the Church of the Almighty TLC Ratings.  Provides "Leadership" to denounce their continued "persecution" and announce sudden moves to new frontiers where they will be "safe".  Has sex with the Sheep Wives to populate the Kootie planet.

• Love 10