Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

m.santana723@madison_rose11 will your little family be moving to Arizona with your parents?

madison_rose11@m.santana723 no. Caleb and I will be following our own lives

From Maddie’s Instagram comments.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2018 at 5:23 AM, ginger90 said:

None of their houses are listed as for sale, or recently sold. I only looked on Zillow, though.

Christine's is listed, worn carpets and all. 

Janelle's the listing agent of course.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

In 2010 the house wasn't even built yet. 

I guess Janelle missed Staging Day at real estate school...also that the buyer will apparently need to pony up for privacy fences and new carpet. 

I wonder if the 2010 figure is the price the developer paid for the package of land before he subdivided into 4 lots?

• Love 7

My guess - Kody wasn't a big enough fish to satisfy his own ego in Las Vegas.  When he walked around with his puffed-out chest bragging about his four wives, people probably said, "Nice.  Excuse me . . . I'm headed to the strip to see the Cirque de Soleil."

In Flagstaff, he can pretend that he's more important than anyone else because he'll be the only "in your face" polygamist in a town full of college students (who won't care about an old surfer wannabe).  Can't you imagine him trying to run for town council and screaming about persecution when he doesn't get elected?

• Love 11
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I hope she makes enough after the sale to buy a decent house in Flagstaff.  Housing is high priced there.  I think they would have been better off renting in Las Vegas instead of buying.  They probably knew they wouldn't stay long term.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s on Zillow now, too. 

E89BCAB2-70BF-4A51-A035-A8DEC1F07FFC.jpeg

So is the middle number the price that the Browns bought the house for, and the top number is the new asking price?

Are they going to have to find land and build four brand-new houses (customized to each wifey's personal standards) or are they going to live in one house?  Or do we think Meri is going to bail and move to Parowan?

AND WHO GETS CUSTODY OF THE WET BAR??

• Love 6

Notice Christine is still dealing with that forlorn laundry room,  not even a counter to fold clothes.  I recall when they moved in thinking her facilities were inadequate for a family with 6 kids at the time.  There was Meri with front loaders on platforms with one child.

It seems a lot of money has been spent on brick planting areas and a hot tub, typical Brown thinking, all blow and no show.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Due to both of my careers, I have spent a ton of time in Flag (plus my parents used to summer there). I just can't see how the Browns are going to fit in there. I REALLY am curious how the show is going to handle the "sells" of the four McMansions in LV. Hell, that alone could be enough drama for a season. As far as being able to buy four homes close to each other in Flag, give it up now, Kodster. Unless they find some land way out from the town and buy four manufactured homes to plop on it, they are screwed.

Wonder if they got sucked in by all those land sales between Flag and Kingman, the ones for cheap land but they don't have roads or utilities and you have to drill down through granite to small pockets of water? That sounds right up their alley.

I can't see them "blending" in town either and wonder if they've found a place outside the city limits but still close enough to call it "Flagstaff". How are they going to step back from those huge homes to something affordable in that area? Manufactured homes aren't a bad idea. I'm definitely curious and have also checked to see if their Vegas homes are for sale, or rent. They could make income by renting the homes until they sell. 

Those can be good buys if one is a self-reliant, homesteader-type willing to embrace an older way of living (don't see the Browns as such). 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I can't see them "blending" in town either and wonder if they've found a place outside the city limits but still close enough to call it "Flagstaff". How are they going to step back from those huge homes to something affordable in that area? Manufactured homes aren't a bad idea. I'm definitely curious and have also checked to see if their Vegas homes are for sale, or rent. They could make income by renting the homes until they sell. 

Those can be good buys if one is a self-reliant, homesteader-type willing to embrace an older way of living (don't see the Browns as such). 

It's a college town so probably more forward thinking.  I agree about finding an affordable place.    Right now homes are selling like cold water in Las Vegas and they look to make some money after paying off the homes.  Christine's is listed for $675K and they only paid around $450K.  In the photos everything has been cleaned up and it looks like she has downsized everything in her home.  Minimal amounts of things in the rooms.  Your right about the manufactured homes.  They wont find large homes for cheap in Flagstaff.  Some of the 3 bedrooms are selling for $400K and up.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Notice Christine is still dealing with that forlorn laundry room,  not even a counter to fold clothes.  I recall when they moved in thinking her facilities were inadequate for a family with 6 kids at the time.  There was Meri with front loaders on platforms with one child.

It seems a lot of money has been spent on brick planting areas and a hot tub, typical Brown thinking, all blow and no show.

I guess it could only make the value go up.  Someone else said that homes in that area were selling in 2-10 days after going on the market.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

They wont find large homes for cheap in Flagstaff.  Some of the 3 bedrooms are selling for $400K and up.

You know they don't have any equity in the LV homes, so even if they clear $200,000 in a sale (which is asking a lot of those beat up houses), that still means each wife has to come up with yet another weird loan to cover half the cost of another home. You know they can't use the excuse of another five years of TLC; that show is running on fumes. Those fools could take that money, move to a smaller town in Utah or Arizona and be able to buy land and manufactured homes completely paid for and only have to worry about living expenses. But no. There is "no show" in that.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I looked in several places and saw that too.  None of them are for sale.  Then I looked at the wording of the articles and moving to Flagstaff seems to be some kind of future "plan", not something they've already done.

I also noticed that the potential asking price of those houses has shot up since they bought them, so perhaps one reason for moving is to cash in on their increase in value.  But the question still remains, "why Flagstaff"?  The articles make it sound like they're tired of the LV heat.  Well, there places other than Flagstaff if they want to be cool.

True, but the same could be asked of any town they picked. They have to live somewhere - why not Flagstaff? 

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

They bought land outside Flagstaff.

Where at? They can finally build their own compound, the way they want it (depending on the location).

2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

They have to live somewhere - why not Flagstaff? 

Well, they could pick a place that isn't so expensive and has more opportunities for them. It seems like they are forever moving on a whim to places that force them to start over in every aspect and/or forces them to live their lifestyle in hiding. They are incapable of learning any life lessons. They are getting too old for this game. SS is still a few years off for them and there are still very young kids to raise. Being smart with money now isn't an option, it is very, very necessary.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

They are incapable of learning any life lessons. They are getting too old for this game. SS is still a few years off for them and there are still very young kids to raise. Being smart with money now isn't an option, it is very, very necessary.

Incapable of learning seems to really be their top theme.  To get Social Security there is a catch, they have to have worked and paid in enough and for a long enough period of time to receive anything.  Christine may be in trouble along with Robyn although Robyn if she stays married long enough to Kody and Meri can collect from Kody's record.  He's the most likely candidate to get a check.  They really haven't planned for covering the younger children much less retirement.  The starting over every few years is really killing them.  I guess their retirement plan resembles the SW's mothers, live with the kids.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Christine's is listed for $675K and they only paid around $450K. 

Except that they never actually paid anything from what we know.  The original loans were interest only which means they haven't any (or much) equity in the places.  And while they might be listed for a price, if they are in bad condition they may not get that much.

The whole thing stinks like day old fish.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Incapable of learning seems to really be their top theme.  To get Social Security there is a catch, they have to have worked and paid in enough and for a long enough period of time to receive anything.  Christine may be in trouble along with Robyn although Robyn if she stays married long enough to Kody and Meri can collect from Kody's record.  He's the most likely candidate to get a check.  They really haven't planned for covering the younger children much less retirement.  The starting over every few years is really killing them.  I guess their retirement plan resembles the SW's mothers, live with the kids.

Meri, would get more than Robyn, unless her and Kody end up being married longer than him and Meri were.  Agree about Christine.  Not sure if she has worked enough to draw more than the basic minimum social security payment.  Which is only $800 ish a month, well before you take out Part B Medicare.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Meri, would get more than Robyn, unless her and Kody end up being married longer than him and Meri were. 

Divorced or not, widows or retired wives get the same percentage in each category. There is no time bonus, but different percentages for different categories.  Robyn has to last at least 10 years before a divorce, stay married, or survive him.  Meri has served her ten years so she's a lock. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Divorced or not, widows or retired wives get the same percentage in each category. There is no time bonus, but different percentages for different categories.  Robyn has to last at least 10 years before a divorce, stay married, or survive him.  Meri has served her ten years so she's a lock. 

What the heck? I've been on the planet a long time but I did not know two wives could collect on same husband.  When I started SS at 62 ( much my husband dismay) it went according to what I contributed. When my husband decided to start to collect at 65 my monthly amount increase a good deal. Are you saying I could could in addition collect from my first husband that I was married to  for 11  years?  I remember  a Mormon lady at my dog park who hadn't been with her husband for 35 years and when the husband in another stat went on SS she got his.    It really rubbed me the wrong way at the time.

Am I  understanding this correctly?  

10 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

What the heck? I've been on the planet a long time but I did not know two wives could collect on same husband.  When I started SS at 62 ( much my husband dismay) it went according to what I contributed. When my husband decided to start to collect at 65 my monthly amount increase a good deal. Are you saying I could could in addition collect from my first husband that I was married to  for 11  years?  I remember  a Mormon lady at my dog park who hadn't been with her husband for 35 years and when the husband in another stat went on SS she got his.    It really rubbed me the wrong way at the time.

Am I  understanding this correctly?  

You can only draw on one husband.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And if you remarry you can’t choose to collect on first husband even if the amount is more. 

True.  But if your current husband dies, you can switch it to the first or another husband.  I had a friend that did that.  She went from drawing $1,400 a month to $2,500 a month.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

It's a college town so probably more forward thinking.  I agree about finding an affordable place.    Right now homes are selling like cold water in Las Vegas and they look to make some money after paying off the homes.  Christine's is listed for $675K and they only paid around $450K.  In the photos everything has been cleaned up and it looks like she has downsized everything in her home.  Minimal amounts of things in the rooms.  Your right about the manufactured homes.  They wont find large homes for cheap in Flagstaff.  Some of the 3 bedrooms are selling for $400K and up.

I guess it could only make the value go up.  Someone else said that homes in that area were selling in 2-10 days after going on the market.

Not sure how I missed Christine's house. A $2700 a month mortgage estimate? Wow, that's just a LOT of $$$. Who can afford that? That said, it is a very pretty home. 

19 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

They bought land outside Flagstaff.

Ahhhh. Not a bad idea; I wonder if they're going to build a large compound for themselves. I also wonder if they were looking for a place to quietly "disappear" once the show is over. For now, they've got me fascinated on what they're planning. Hoping for more Everyone Hates Meri drama. 

• Love 7
On 7/10/2018 at 8:30 PM, zenme said:

Slower lifestyle? They don't do anything!

Thank you @Kohola3 for directing me here!  Maybe 4 women having hot flashes was enough to get them to move where it's cooler?  Ha!  I am sure its because they need to move before the bank takes their homes.  

On 7/11/2018 at 6:23 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.   I just checked out city data and crime seems to be very high there.  The  schools are not rated very high.  Yes the housing is very high priced.

I was shocked at how expensive it is.  

• Love 7

Speculation:  This could be the final season. Many of the kids are off on their own and the Browns have a desire to get away from the city. So we're going to see the discussion, the scoping out, the traveling to, the purchase and the build (if they didn't find a suitable structure). 

I just don't see it going past this big move and I think the Browns know it. I wonder if they'll try and set up shop in Flagstaff's shopping/tourist area, or if they realize they aren't really that good at selling their wares.

• Love 2

I can't wait to hear the "reason" for the move. We heard persecution and Kody's Dream for the last move. They are moving to an expensive town, with an underground plyg community, in a state with the exact same investigative and prosecutorial procedures as Utah. They are moving school-aged kids YET AGAIN. The kids who are out of school are remaining in Vegas. They can't say this is an improvement for the family. Even if they were losing the homes they are currently in, they could move somewhere else outside of Vegas.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, zenme said:

So what's the deal with the mortgages? Are they like balloon payments or something? 

As I recall (and if incorrect, feel free to chime in) they were interest-only loans.  So they paid only the interest on the mortgage but nothing on the principle.  At the end of a defined period (I think it was 4 years) they need to start paying on the principle.  My guess is that they cannot afford to refinance nor can they afford the now (perhaps significantly increased) payments.  So it's time to bail and run, following the usual Brown Family financial plan. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more were foreclosed.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As I recall (and if incorrect, feel free to chime in) they were interest-only loans.  So they paid only the interest on the mortgage but nothing on the principle.  At the end of a defined period (I think it was 4 years) they need to start paying on the principle.  My guess is that they cannot afford to refinance nor can they afford the now (perhaps significantly increased) payments.  So it's time to bail and run, following the usual Brown Family financial plan. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more were foreclosed.

A quick look through houses being sold in this area and they are selling fast and often for the asking price.  One poster had stated her moms house sold after only two days on the market.  These homes are worth much more than they originally bought them for.  Plus Christine did landscaping in her back yard and there is a hot tub outside the master bedroom on a covered patio.  But they might take that with them as it is stand alone.

6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Speculation:  This could be the final season. Many of the kids are off on their own and the Browns have a desire to get away from the city. So we're going to see the discussion, the scoping out, the traveling to, the purchase and the build (if they didn't find a suitable structure). 

I just don't see it going past this big move and I think the Browns know it. I wonder if they'll try and set up shop in Flagstaff's shopping/tourist area, or if they realize they aren't really that good at selling their wares.

As long as they bring in the viewers they will keep the show on.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

These homes are worth much more than they originally bought them for. 

Possibly. They put in the bare-minimum carpet, metal blinds and simple fixtures. The inside of those homes are disaster areas. Unless they shell out a lot of money for complete interior paint, new carpet and any necessary repairs, they may not get asking price. Even giving credit for the paint and carpet will lower the price. If the yard isn't fully desert-landscaped and fully fenced, that lowers the price too. It will be interesting to see how the sells go. Real home owners or flippers?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Unless they shell out a lot of money for complete interior paint, new carpet and any necessary repairs, they may not get asking price.

And, of course, if there is a gaping hole where a wet bar used to be....

• Love 14
On 7/12/2018 at 7:02 AM, DakotaJustice said:

The photos show the interior looking staged and most of the tchotchkes and wall decor have been removed.  Unless they're using older photos.  Interesting.

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

The photos show the interior looking staged and most of the tchotchkes and wall decor have been removed.  Unless they're using older photos.  Interesting.

Do you have a link?

They should have at least cleaned the carpets; those things look really beat down, and I'm not sure they even vacuumed before the pictures were taken.  And if I notice that sort of crap, others will as well.

• Love 5

I took a look at the photos on another site where they're bigger and the kitchen and bathroom cabinets are in horrible condition as well.  I always knew they were cheap crap but at least they could have done something to make them look better, like cleaning and filling in scratches, etc.  If it's that noticeable in the photos they must be in pretty bad shape.

https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/4039-Wild-Eagle-Cir-89129/home/40444428

I'm thinking that no one is living in this house while it's on the market since their stuff is gone.  Maybe they moved into one of the other houses while this one's for sale.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I took a look at the photos on another site where they're bigger and the kitchen and bathroom cabinets are in horrible condition as well.  I always knew they were cheap crap but at least they could have done something to make them look better, like cleaning and filling in scratches, etc.  If it's that noticeable in the photos they must be in pretty bad shape.

I'm thinking that no one is living in this house while it's on the market since their stuff is gone.  Maybe they moved into one of the other houses while this one's for sale.  

For sure, it looks like no one is living there, the family room furniture is OK, but the bedrooms and that laundry room are just pitiful.  They should have had them professionally staged or left them empty.  I spied a toaster next to the built-in oven, has Christine overcome her phobia, or is that the one someone gifted to her and it's just a kitchen ornament.

• Love 3

Re Christine's toaster phobia, maybe therapist Nancy did something helpful for a change?  

Nah, probably not.  I wonder if she's relocating along with the Brown Clowns, since she most likely doesn't have too many other clients.  

If I lived close, I would go take a tour, just for the hell of it.  Maybe a snarker here that lives in LV will take one for the team.  LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

That, or they're on to rentals in Flag area (why break pattern?). Far more pleasant place to exist. 

Really curious to know what explanation the Brown's will offer for such a major move.  They are uprooting several kids from high school and upper grades of elementary school.

Could it possibly be that Kody was offered a J.O.B. in Flagstaff, with a Lexus convertible as a perk, the one he has now is getting a little dated and he must maintain appearances.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

That, or they're on to rentals in Flag area (why break pattern?). Far more pleasant place to exist. 

Flagstaff schools start the second week of August.  Maybe Christine wanted to get up there and get the school-aged kids settled in.  Although that would be uncharacteristically thoughtful of any of them.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, toodles said:

I'll go to an open house if one pops up.   Please pm me if you see anything.  A full report will follow.

Since Janelle is the listing agent (zero recent sales - hee!) you might have the honor of meeting her.

Odd that Christine's is the only one for sale, though.

$3500 plus a month mortgage payments.  Yeesh!  No way in hell has she been paying that amount.

• Love 9

The only improvement is the backyard. Nice landscaping and great full length patio with fans. But not completely fenced. The interior is builder-grade and grungy as hell. I can guarantee Janelle does not have the realtor skills to spin up those homes and sell them for the asking prices. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The only improvement is the backyard.

But grass in LV?  What kind of water bill results from keeping that stuff green?  What a waste of a non-renewable resource! 

My cousin lives in Tucson and being from the Midwest, she misses her green lawn. But she knows how wasteful it is to grow one in a place where the water evaporates as fast as you can apply it so has a teeny little green square of grass (about 4 ft square) to make her happy.  The rest of her property is all xeriscaped as it's more environmentally responsible.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But grass in LV?  What kind of water bill results from keeping that stuff green?  What a waste of a non-renewable resource! 

I know they have to have a front yard all-desert, but not sure about backyard. Toodles can answer that. But I do agree with you, green in the desert is a waste of our precious water. But if it is allowed, families with kids will flock to it. And they water at night to keep evaporation down. I HATE the golf courses in AZ. They use so much water and they water them during the day too. We just had several back to back monsoon storms and as soon as the storms past, the automatic sprinklers came on the course behind my parent's house in Sun City. Such a waste.

• Love 3
Just now, Galloway Cave said:

I HATE the golf courses in AZ. They use so much water and they water them during the day too.

Me, too.  Make my blood boil especially when periodically (especially during droughts) there is a move to try and divert water from the Great Lakes to the southwest, ostensibly for "farming".  But nobody says anything about closing down the golf courses!

• Love 4