Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: Power of Veto #2

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I realize that Kaitlyn was part of Swaggy's group, but once she saw Swaggy involved with Bayleigh, she seemed to distance herself from the group, making herself an outcast.  It was almost as if she felt disrespected by that relationship, and that perhaps she wanted to be with Swaggy.

I thought she had a stronger reaction to Fessy and Haleigh. 

• Love 8

A Tyler, Sam, and JC alliance would be a solid group. Maybe try to bring in Scottie and/or Bay just to have bodies but we know these 2 big alliances won’t last and Sam and Tyler have a decent amount of power atm.

• Love 3

Yeller reminded me of Matt Foley

Yeah, I agree that he had the Matt Foley look. However, that bitter, relentless, and unrepentant screaming was Sam Kinison's trademark. Witness his stand-up act (NSFW):

and him parodying himself in the Wild Thing music video (probably NSFW either):

Mileage varies, of course.

Tyler is like a Mensa surfer dude.  He is not getting enough credit for his game play.  To top it all off, he plays the game without acting like a jerk.

That's pretty much why I like him. Plus I feel like he's studied the game and understands how to move through it without putting a big spotlight on himself. I hope he and Sam make it to the F2.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There needs to be more Sam on the show.  At one point she seemed to be the complete focus for the first few episodes, and now she has all but disappeared.

Amen.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The yeller could have zeroed out.  He's middle aged, obese and probably has high BP.  What a way to have to make a living.  I prayed every time he yelled so not all that enjoyable.

So now for the votes.  Does the house have enough to get rid of swaggy or will he live to sing another day?   I'm pretty sure the Tyler lovers will all do Tyler's bidding but will that be enough?

I get so confused about who's on what side.  Anybody have an idea how the house guests will vote?

The idea of it is funny, but you are right-- and I was a little distracted worrying the guy would drop dead of a heart attack in the middle of a yell ! (Then I remembered this was a taped episode, so he probably didn't die right then :)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Speaking of clones was Wayne Knight not available and they sent in a Newman clone to be the yeller?

When I saw him come through the door the very first time I actually yelled "NEWMAN"!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

The yell guy was like the worst American humour, very simple and unfunny.  And if it was meant to be a proper punishment it would be more relevant comments than the generic stuff he came out with. 

Obviously there will be more to Kaitlyn not wanting to keep Swaggy than just following orders like the edit says.  For example there was the whole race issue that people brought up when some complained about her singing a rap song's lyrics.

Fessy says Kaityln is his number one yet he's been around Hayleigh plenty.  For some reason he seems to get away with it for most of the audience.  And his reaction in this episode seemed over the top to me.

Edited by amazingracefan
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

If Fessy's one of the best friends Kaitlyn's ever had, she must not have that many great friends.

I laughed about this myself. Girl, not that I can't see why you may have trouble holding on to friends, but you have known this dude for less than a month. 

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rachel's Yell punishment was actually really hilarious. I laughed at the entire thing. But poor girl was startled in the middle of the night for this. 

I really enjoyed this one, and I was happy that she accepted it with a side of humor. She was so hurt when she got the Crap App, and it was nice to see that she didn't take it (or herself) too seriously.

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Kaitlyn said one of her favorite things was the backdoor. At first I was shocked they let her say that during primetime. Then about 20 minutes later I realized she meant the BB game strategy.

Heee. I was like, um Kaitlyn, you may get some very surprising responses to that personal ad. Unless that is your thing. I'm not here to shame anyone. 

11 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think Cody was making pre-emptive strikes against getting hugged by extending his hand to shake and using that mantra.  I noticed a few people hugged him at first, and he seemed to physically recoil.  The servomech  noises as he was swiveling his head cracked me the hell up.  Again.

I was dying laughing the whole time.  The.  Whole.  Time.

I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I actually like Jess and Cody. Cody's flat affect never bothered me, and his responses last year when they would try to get him enthusiastic about something were my favorite. They made a really good TAR team, too. They are both really calm under pressure. It was a refreshing departure from dudes who try to run in front of their girlfriend while screaming "BABE. BABE! HURRY UP!"

Also, I feel his pain. I am not touchy feely around strangers. You have to be a pretty close friend for me to willingly let you touch me and invade my personal space. Maybe a hand on the shoulder and an "attaboy" but hugging random people? No thanks. 

4 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Re Kaitlyn: I hate people who make bold-ish moves and then act like a victim.  The move was the right thing to do, so own it!   I'm not saying be a jerk about it, just be strong and say yes, that's my decision.  The 'poor me' weeping on the bed act was pathetic.

Who would ever go to this person for life coaching?

YES! Own your damn decision. It was your plan and you wanted to do it all freaking week. Don't start crying and turn this all about you. She is the friend who makes out with your boyfriend then starts crying and making it all about her and saying things like "you just don't understaaaaaaand" and "I said I'm sorry" and "you don't have to be so meeeeeeean." No thank you. 

Between the crying hysterically about something she had 100% control over and the vaguepology to Faysal followed by a request for a hug, my eyes cannot roll high enough. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kaitlyn is the worst HOH I've seen in awhile. She thinks she's so clever, but she's not. Every time she tries to deliver some BS to Fessy ("I picked you for Veto, but don't try to win"), he just becomes more and more suspicious of her. 

Then she straight up tells Haleigh her plan! I mean, nothing came of it....she was still able to go through with it. But I think she robbed us all of a bigger "wtf" moment. Plus, it just shows she can't keep her mouth shut. But the worst part of it was, she basically through Tyler under the bus along with herself. She's divulging her big secret to Haleigh, prattling on and on, and then it just slips out - "yea, and Tyler thinks....". Wait, why would Tyler think anything? Isn't he on the other half of the house? 

She's just a moron. 

Hilariously, her dumbass inability to keep her mouth shut and/or articulate her reasoning may come back to haunt Tyler. Everyone was blaming him. While he is probably the better target, she managed to basically divert their attention.  That being said, Tyler is doing such a good job smoothing over rough edges when they arise, he can probably have them all thinking he was the one manipulated by the time everything is said and done. 

52 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

This was my favorite episode in I don't even know how long. Let me count the ways it brought me joy:

* Jody! I am a total Jody stan, so I've been waiting for their appearance on this ep since the houseguests started talking about it on the feeds Saturday evening. The robot noises in the DR were hilarious, as was Cody's utter lack of enthusiasm, as is standard for him.

* Tyler continuing to run the house, but largely managing to do so without pissing off the other houseguests.

* Rachel's awesome, good sport reaction to her crap app. Side note - was that the same guy they sent in to heckle during the HOH that Jessica won last year? The one where they had to hold what looked like Mickey Mouse's hand in front of them? 

* Boogie being called both cheap and old, repeatedly. <3

* Chris getting backdoor blindsided, with the bonus of Bayleigh's outstanding shock face.

Poor Bayleigh has been getting a lot of use out of that shock face. I know it's worst case scenario in her mind to lose Swaggy, but I think Bayleigh may actually have a better chance if he gets voted out. She seems pretty good at reading people, and I think her social game would improve substantially without him to distract her. 

Kaitlyn played her alliance all wrong. She either needed to do a full flip, explaining that she realized when she heard Swaggy's comments that she was expendable, or she needed to try to get them on board. Instead, she waited until the last possible minute, freaked out and told everyone, and failed to provide even a modicum of reasoning. Faysal was FUMING during that veto ceremony. I didnt' need to read auras to tell that one. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I was so excited for Kaitlin to be making such a big power move so early in the game.  Usually they go for the floaters to keep the blood off their hands.  And Swaggy was a prime target with his 'look at me' attitude.

Then she collapsed and I kept thinking...wth just happened?

She looked soo good and powerful then she looked weak and ridiculous!

I always liked Cody and Jessica together but have wondered so long how far she would/could go without Cody.  She carries him.  They won the One Million Dollars on the TAR last year.  They made the show.  It was wonderful seeing them tag team!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

This was my favorite episode in I don't even know how long. Let me count the ways it brought me joy:

* Jody! I am a total Jody stan, so I've been waiting for their appearance on this ep since the houseguests started talking about it on the feeds Saturday evening. The robot noises in the DR were hilarious, as was Cody's utter lack of enthusiasm, as is standard for him.

* Tyler continuing to run the house, but largely managing to do so without pissing off the other houseguests.

* Rachel's awesome, good sport reaction to her crap app. Side note - was that the same guy they sent in to heckle during the HOH that Jessica won last year? The one where they had to hold what looked like Mickey Mouse's hand in front of them? 

* Boogie being called both cheap and old, repeatedly. <3

* Chris getting backdoor blindsided, with the bonus of Bayleigh's outstanding shock face.

All of these.

I wonder if Boogie is thinking, "Come-Back" ???

I am one of the few on here who happened to like Jess and Cody.  Mainly Cody for his "Fuck-You, Paul" attitude and sticking with it, no compromise, right down to his Jury vote. Jess because, well lets be honest she was just so fun to look at in a bikini! The only reason I watched TAR was because they were on it and the wife and I rooted them on the whole season.  

Edited by xKHANx
added comment
  • Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

some complained about her singing a rap song's lyrics.

For me, this whole thing is such an absurd issue. If artists write the words,  and expect the song to be a hit then their intention is that the words be sung, no matter how offensive. Would the same thing happened with "c***"? Probably.  It's a guaranteed insta-issue for anybody looking for a quick TMZ headline.  It happened recently when a rapper invited a white audience member up on stage who then, along with the rapper, sang a song using the N word. The rapper stopped the show, made a big deal about it, and yes he got his TMZ headline. Totally bogus.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, The Companion said:

Girl, not that I can't see why you may have trouble holding on to friends

[Rachel]

I really enjoyed this one, and I was happy that she accepted it with a side of humor. She was so hurt when she got the Crap App, and it was nice to see that she didn't take it (or herself) too seriously.

I thought Kaityln seemed relatively popular in the house, not hated anyway.

Rachel's punishment from what was shown isn't hard at all.

Heee. I was like, um Kaitlyn, you may get some very surprising responses to that personal ad. Unless that is your thing. I'm not here to shame anyone. 

That will be scripted of course, like all of those DRs.

On the whole crying stuff don't forget Tyler did the same after he had done his nominations.  Didn't seem to hurt him.

Edited by amazingracefan
(edited)
44 minutes ago, The Companion said:

Poor Bayleigh has been getting a lot of use out of that shock face. I know it's worst case scenario in her mind to lose Swaggy, but I think Bayleigh may actually have a better chance if he gets voted out. She seems pretty good at reading people, and I think her social game would improve substantially without him to distract her. 

Fully agree! I can't stand him, but have no problem with her (other than her taste in men). I'm hoping if he goes, she'll make a stronger link with Haleigh, and start improving both their games. 

37 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Mainly Cody for his "Fuck-You, Paul" attitude and sticking with it, no compromise, right down to his Jury vote. 

Hell yes. I don't even like Josh, but I replayed Cody's final vote half a dozen times, and never stopped cackling. 

Edited by IndyMischa
Didn't mean to copy an entire post. #quotefail
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I thought Kaityln seemed relatively popular in the house, not hated anyway.

Rachel's punishment from what was shown isn't hard at all.

That will be scripted of course, like all of those DRs.

On the whole crying stuff don't forget Tyler did the same after he had done his nominations.  Didn't seem to hurt him.

I really meant she may have trouble holding on to friends because she seems like the type who constantly causes drama and then makes herself out to be the victim. Maybe I just don't like her. She could be a BEC for me. 

I find crying during the nominations annoying any time anyone does it. I find crying so hard you can barely get words out and flouncing onto the bed like a 13 year old to be supremely so. Maybe I am a product of the 80s or maybe it is being a woman in a male dominated field, but I tend to lock any crying down to the maximum extent possible. Oh, maybe that's why I liked Cody. :) 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I really meant she may have trouble holding on to friends because she seems like the type who constantly causes drama and then makes herself out to be the victim. Maybe I just don't like her. She could be a BEC for me.

I separate BB and real life more, it's an entertainment program and you have people there to fulfill roles.  If people didn't play the game (like some of the more quiet HGs there) most of the audience wouldn't be happy.  At the same time some of the same audience want those people out who create the drama.

5 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I get Bitch Eating Crackers,  but where did it come from, please?

As far as I know, it's not a movie/tv/pop culture thing. I think it started with a random meme, something like "look at that bitch over there, eating crackers like she owns the place." And then the internets exploded, and now it's a thing.

Side note: in case there was any doubt, Kaitlyn is my BEC this season, with Angie as a strong second place.

• Love 2

What an odd lot of former HGs to use in the Veto comp. Jozea? He was gone in like the first two weeks. And I barely remember Michelle or Jodi. 

I'm having trouble with this season because I want to root for the underdogs, but they're so damn stupid (and in the case of Swaggy, annoying as hell). Since Kaitlyn basically revealed her backdoor plan to half her "alliance," why didn't any of them simply point out to her the obvious fact that Tyler was using her? He used her to change her vote in favor of the other alliance, and now he has convinced her to target someone from her own side. I get that she's too stupid and too easily manipulated to see it but why didn't Rockstar, Hayleigh or Faysal point it out to her? Idiots, all of them. They had the chance to talk her out of this but just sat their and pouted instead.

Isn't the entire point of Big Brother manipulating people to get to the end and then get their vote though? I like Tyler and think he's playing a great game so far. 

Yes but the way the show is cast guarantees the same outcome every season. They specifically pick people they know will run the whole game and a bunch of idiots they know will follow along like lemmings. That's why it seems like this goes the same way every year. Because it does. Same game, same people, just different actors playing them.

Out of Bayleigh, Hayleigh, Rockstar, Scottie and Faysal, only Faysal has any real shot at winning HoH and even then the odds are against him. Especially if it's another "gang up on the person you want out" style competition. There's a whole group of HGs that were dead men walking from day 1. And that's because of casting. It's never an even playing field. 

30 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I find crying during the nominations annoying any time anyone does it. I find crying so hard you can barely get words out and flouncing onto the bed like a 13 year old to be supremely so. Maybe I am a product of the 80s or maybe it is being a woman in a male dominated field, but I tend to lock any crying down to the maximum extent possible. Oh, maybe that's why I liked Cody. :) 

I'm a HUGE crier. Yet, I agree with you. Make the choice and own it. Get your crying out before-hand, if it's genuine. In this case, though, I didn't think her tears were about anything other than being afraid people would be mad at her. Kaitlyn wanted to make big moves, but still have everyone love her. You can't always have both. Deal with it. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

As far as I know, it's not a movie/tv/pop culture thing. I think it started with a random meme, something like "look at that bitch over there, eating crackers like she owns the place." And then the internets exploded, and now it's a thing.

Side note: in case there was any doubt, Kaitlyn is my BEC this season, with Angie as a strong second place.

1326934140959_1583350.png

Here is what I think is the original meme. The idea is basically that when you have someone you don't like, even innocuous things drive you nuts. 

I'm a HUGE crier. Yet, I agree with you. Make the choice and own it. Get your crying out before-hand, if it's genuine. In this case, though, I didn't think her tears were about anything other than being afraid people would be mad at her. Kaitlyn wanted to make big moves, but still have everyone love her. You can't always have both. Deal with it. 

I think that is also consistent with her request for a hug immediately after telling Faysal she was going to do something that upset him. 

Edited by The Companion
To avoid double consecutive posts
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh I so agree and that's why I was surprised she fell apart.  If your going out go out strong.  Laying on the bed crying, telling what her plan was to othern not good for her game.  I think Tyler is looking for a true sidekick.  One that buttons their lips.  Sam told, Kaitlin told.  Next!

• Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

My BEC for this season is 100% Tyler. 

I don't know, I can't hate on Tyler yet because IMO, he seems to be the only one playing the game.  So far I don't get a smug vibe from him,  but I don't watch the live feeds so I'm sure there's a lot more going on than I know about.

Also, I think I'm a Scottie fan.  I don't know why - possibly because I don't want to throw my remote at my tv when he's on like I do with most of the other houseguests.  Plus I can pick him out of the crowd.  I still can't tell Winston from Brett unless I see their name on the screen.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I can't remember who JC is siding with, but I think Foute? So if he votes for Winston it's a tie. Kaitlyn will break the tie and vote Swaggy out. 

Oh my gahd, I can't imagine the emo breakdown Kaitlyn will have if she has to cast a tying vote live. Her head might just explode.

• Love 4

So in their little dating profiles they made for the Veto comp, why did Winston feel the need to clarify that he is not dating Brett?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

now he has convinced her to target someone from her own side. I get that she's too stupid and too easily manipulated to see it but why didn't Rockstar, Hayleigh or Faysal point it out to her? Idiots, all of them. They had the chance to talk her out of this but just sat their and pouted instead.

She pointed out that Swaggy could be a target first from the conversation shown, she just thought it might be too big a move.  And she also was shown suggesting a backdoor first.  And Rockstar and Hayleigh may be in an alliance with her but they have also had critical conversation behind her back.  Faysel seemed more interested in Hayleigh until Kaitlyn became HoH and then suddenly he was interested in her again.  No doubt Tyler has influence but he seems to be aligned with her too.

2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Fully agree! I can't stand [Swaggy], but have no problem with [Baleigh] (other than her taste in men). I'm hoping if he goes, she'll make a stronger link with Haleigh, and start improving both their games. 

Only issue I have with Bae is her constant harping on Princess Points in the DR - healthy self esteem notwithstanding, it just gets old.

16 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Oh my gahd, I can't imagine the emo breakdown Kaitlyn will have if she has to cast a tying vote live. Her head might just explode.

We can only hope.

Boogie being called both cheap and old, repeatedly.

Might have been funnier if TPTB had positioned him in front of a bankruptcy attorney's office...

Was Rachel's punishment too easy?  I don't think those least trending "punishments" are meant to be hard--just an opportunity to get some footage for the tv shows.  I have always been put off by the editing of the Sun/Wed/Thurs shows.  Every week, every year, every show is planned and edited almost to the second with the same scenes.  Only the faces change, but the shows are so cookie-cutter.  The ham delivery, and the yell guy broke up the monotony of the same old-same old stuff. 

I have always been put off by the editing of the Sun/Wed/Thurs shows.  Every week, every year, every show is planned and edited almost to the second with the same scenes.

And we get a full five minutes of recap at the start of every episode. 

I realize they have a lot of footage to go through and not much time to crank out three hour-long shows per week, so it's not surprising they use a template. It's just frustrating when they waste a lot of the time of dumb things like the players narrating every competition then repeating that narration in the diary room. 

@Nashville ITA!! Heh. Also Kaitlyn would get full stars for making a big move but ZERO STARS for total lack of composure/owning it when she nominated him.

I for one loved the sleeping one, approx. "Oh gahd with the tossing and turning, you're the worst sleeper ever!! Zero Stars!!"

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And we get a full five minutes of recap at the start of every episode. 

It's just frustrating when they waste a lot of the time of dumb things like the players narrating every competition then repeating that narration in the diary room. 

Totally agree!  I hatehatehate the recap at the start of every show, such a waste of time.  However, in true lemons-to-lemonade fashion, I have learned to use it as extra snack prep time at the beginning of the each show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What an odd lot of former HGs to use in the Veto comp. Jozea? He was gone in like the first two weeks. And I barely remember Michelle or Jodi. 

I'm having trouble with this season because I want to root for the underdogs, but they're so damn stupid (and in the case of Swaggy, annoying as hell). Since Kaitlyn basically revealed her backdoor plan to half her "alliance," why didn't any of them simply point out to her the obvious fact that Tyler was using her? He used her to change her vote in favor of the other alliance, and now he has convinced her to target someone from her own side. I get that she's too stupid and too easily manipulated to see it but why didn't Rockstar, Hayleigh or Faysal point it out to her? Idiots, all of them. They had the chance to talk her out of this but just sat their and pouted instead.

Yes but the way the show is cast guarantees the same outcome every season. They specifically pick people they know will run the whole game and a bunch of idiots they know will follow along like lemmings. That's why it seems like this goes the same way every year. Because it does. Same game, same people, just different actors playing them.

Out of Bayleigh, Hayleigh, Rockstar, Scottie and Faysal, only Faysal has any real shot at winning HoH and even then the odds are against him. Especially if it's another "gang up on the person you want out" style competition. There's a whole group of HGs that were dead men walking from day 1. And that's because of casting. It's never an even playing field. 

Big Meech?  I didn't like her, but the crying clips of her they used during the season were comedy gold.

Rachel’s dating app profile was full cheese and I love that she ran with it.  It was cute.

So Kaitlyn declares that Chris must go because he had been going around saying “untrue and horrific” things about her.  

Hey.  Show.  Could you maybe provide some evidence of this? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

So Kaitlyn declares that Chris must go because he had been going around saying “untrue and horrific” things about her.  

Hey.  Show.  Could you maybe provide some evidence of this? 

I was wondering about this too. Thought I missed something.

(edited)
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

They didn't show Swaggy or Bay till the final minutes of the show. It seems they are pushing Crazy K for the Power App. Maybe, Swaggy and Bay will get the edit tonight but I was surprised that the episode was all from Kaitlyn's view. She could barely get through the veto meeting.

They didn't show Swaggy because he didn't know he was going up so he didn't do anything except stay under the covers with Bay all week thinking he was still running the house with Krazy Kait as his lieutenant in charge.  So there was no video to show for Swaggy.  You can bet there will be some on tonight's show where he finally has to get out of his little love nest and start scrambling.

I'm commenting on this post within the post so the comments go with the right comments.  Sorry for the bolding but I wanted to separate the two somehow.

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kaitlyn is the worst HOH I've seen in awhile. She thinks she's so clever, but she's not. Every time she tries to deliver some BS to Fessy ("I picked you for Veto, but don't try to win"), he just becomes more and more suspicious of her. 

(me)  She was telling him for her own agenda obviously but she was actually right if only accidentally in that Fessy won the last veto and he would start to get a rep as someone that needed to be evicted sooner than later if he becomes perceived as a competition "beast."  So I think this clip was shown for a secondary reason as well.  To show how dumb Fessy is that he doesn't "get it" that it can be a good thing NOT to try and win every competition.  He really does seem clueless about how to play the game.

Then she straight up tells Haleigh her plan! I mean, nothing came of it....she was still able to go through with it. But I think she robbed us all of a bigger "wtf" moment. Plus, it just shows she can't keep her mouth shut. But the worst part of it was, she basically through Tyler under the bus along with herself. She's divulging her big secret to Haleigh, prattling on and on, and then it just slips out - "yea, and Tyler thinks....". Wait, why would Tyler think anything? Isn't he on the other half of the house? 

(me) I don't think Swaggy's side knew Tyler is in an alliance named Level6.  They have tended to think he is a floater siding with them up until now.  They think of it as the Winston group that also includes Brett, Angela and Rachel.  Though I don't know if they think Rachel is all that solid with the Bros either.  They always seem to talk about Winston, Brett and Angela and rarely mention Rachel who seems to be able to play them to get intel for her side.

Part of the problem why the Swaggy group is getting hard hit this week is because they don't socialize much outside their group and get the lay of the land.  Two shomances off under the covers half the time and a sourpuss judgemental ditz who refuses to talk to "the enemy" most of the time and calling herself Rockstar don't make a great game playing alliance.  

They seem to get their "intel" most from Scottie who is usually clueless and the last to know anything in the house, haha.  No wonder the other side managed to manipulate Kait into flipping.  Swaggy's group aren't exactly playing the game well by ignoring everyone else in large part including their own alliance member, Kait.  They just thought they were coasting to an easy win because everyone but Winston-Brett-Angela were basically floaters who would follow them.  Yes they were pretty much that clueless due to the fact they were lazy and weren't playing.  Granted after this they may get them a clue that Tyler isn't with them after all.  And also Kait, hah.

She's just a moron. 

And she can save all her tears while putting Swaggy up. Either you want to or not. Don't act like a martyr. If you wanna play, PLAY. 

It got a little tedious to watch, but I actually think it would have been really fun to play that Veto. I like solving those types of puzzles. Boogie going to the senior discount movie theatre was HILARIOUS. 

And I think it was smart of Tyler to pull Scottie off instead of Winston. Winston knows Tyler's with him and he ain't going home. That move might have curried some favor on the other side of the house. And, if anything, Scottie isn't locked into that Foute alliance. He's just a hanger on. So maybe Tyler could finesse him and swing his vote over to their side.....not that they really need it.

(me) I think Scottie is Swaggy's rat at this point and tells him everything.  He will walk over the cliff for this piper.  And it is all because he wants to be loyal to departed Steve -- who he only knew for a few days -- and see revenge happen.  This guy is no gamer.  Whether he can stay long enough to play the game I don't know.  Right now his selling point should be that he is a number when the bigger alliance breaks apart which they will do sooner than later.  But he doesn't seem to realize this.  He is totally clueless.

But unlike Scottie, JC is playing a great game as a "floater" but has a strong channel of communication with Tyler so for now he is kind of working on that side of the house for this vote.  So I think he is only a "pretend" floater this week who will go with the winning side for now and using floater deniability so if he flips sometime in the future he won't get a "traitor to the alliance" backlash.  Smart. 

JC knows which way the wind is blowing because, unlike Swaggy's group, he talks to everyone all the time.  I don't think there is any way he would vote to force a tie and get the winning side (Kait breaks a tie) angry at him for no reason at all.  He is a gamer and this would be bad for his game.  It doesn't matter if Swaggy goes to him or Winston.  Just so it isn't him as he seems to be taking the Sandra from  Survivor approach.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, green said:

I'm commenting on this post within the post so the comments go with the right comments.  Sorry for the bolding but I wanted to separate the two somehow.

I accidentally found out that if, after you copy the text,  you put the blinking cursor between the sections you want to separate and hit the return key a couple of times the Prev. TV app will  cut them into separate boxes.  Then you can delete the parts you don't want and comment on each box separately.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I accidentally found out that if, after you copy the text,  you put the blinking cursor between the sections you want to separate and hit the return key a couple of times the Prev. TV app will  cut them into separate boxes.  Then you can delete the parts you don't want and comment on each box separately.

Thanks so much.  I always have deleted chunks I'm not commenting on by just using the Delete key but didn't know about the other trick of breaking things up into separate boxes.  Cool.

It seems they are pushing Crazy K for the Power App. 

The whole "trending" thing seems very fishy to me. From what I understand it's determined by how specific questions are answered by fans, like "which Houseguest is most likely to . . ." etc. It's not simply an upvote or downvote like Dancing with the Stars or something. So the whole thing reeks of manipulation, which should come as no surprise to anyone who has more than a passing familiarity with this show.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, green said:

didn't know about the other trick of breaking things up into separate boxes.  Cool.

Hope it works for you. I'm on a cell phone and sometimes these little tricks don't translate from gadget to gadget.

ET: BTW -  I love posters who delete chunks they are not commenting on.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The whole "trending" thing seems very fishy to me. From what I understand it's determined by how specific questions are answered by fans, like "which Houseguest is most likely to . . ." etc. It's not simply an upvote or downvote like Dancing with the Stars or something. So the whole thing reeks of manipulation, which should come as no surprise to anyone who has more than a passing familiarity with this show.

Well it is a trashy level reality show thrown out because it is cheap to make and they want ratings for it since it runs three times a week.  So I would be shocked if there wasn't production manipulation.  And frankly I can see them making up something down the road to get Swaggy back in the game too if he is out tonight. 

But since it is about "trending" as opposed to favorite or liked or disliked even then I can't see why Kait wouldn't get the power app with no manipulation other than being edited to show up on the screen all the time though she is HOH and hard to avoid this week. 

Unless tonight's show shows Bay turning on the waterworks and begging America to help her get revenge I think Kait is a shoo in.  Which would also be producer manipulation of the edit IF that happens regards Bay and if they can get some video like that I think they will run with it since it gets would be voter types all worked up and into voting one way or the other.  If they feature her a lot I think it is between those two players then.  No one else will be close.

And my money is on either Angela or Kaycee for crap app because I haven't seen either on the show all week long.  And crap app is meant to get the ones not trending to get more attention so it is all good for whoever wins anyway as long as they don't choose anything with the word "ham" in it, hah.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

It amused me how Chris was all “I am going to make everyone miserable for putting me in this position” like do you not understand how this game works?  Making people miserable is not exactly the way to get them to want to keep you, dumbass.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know, I can't hate on Tyler yet because IMO, he seems to be the only one playing the game.  So far I don't get a smug vibe from him,  but I don't watch the live feeds so I'm sure there's a lot more going on than I know about.

Also, I think I'm a Scottie fan.  I don't know why - possibly because I don't want to throw my remote at my tv when he's on like I do with most of the other houseguests.  Plus I can pick him out of the crowd.  I still can't tell Winston from Brett unless I see their name on the screen.

Me too on both.  I like Tyler because he's not only playing the game, he's doing it in a calm manner, taking in information, "playing"  other houseguests by listening to them, while concocting his own plans.  

And Scottie?  he reminds me of some teenage boys that were in my son's scout troop.   gangly, awkward, not very socially proficient, but just kind of nice, goofy kid.   I know he's not a "kid" but that's how I think of him.  

39 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

yes, and TPTB can manipulate it any way they want.  Most people are just watching what's on the show.  If TPTB want a certain guest to get a punishment, all they have to do is not show that person doing anything that week, and boom! they're not trending.    I hate it.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I like Tyler because he's not only playing the game, he's doing it in a calm manner, taking in information, "playing"  other houseguests by listening to them

As they say, listening is a skill. But you're right it's part of why Tyler is so dialed in about what's going on in the game and shifting it to his own will.

I called TPTB manip the second I saw how this thing would go down/be "voted" on. There is no way to KNOW just WHY people won/lost at all. But damned if the person that could create the most drama doesn't come up for a reward/punishment each week. Shocking. This reminds me of Roger Rabbit where Roger says he couldn't have removed the handcuffs at any time, only when it was FUNNY!! The equivalent here is that they only get nominated if it will cause draaaaaamaaaa (and or save someone they want to keep)!!

Also, as for quoting just a portion of a response try highlighting what you want to comment on, wait for the black 'Quote This' indicator to come out and click it. Walla!

• Love 1
(edited)

I wanna thank y'all  for today's posts and updates. I've been laid up with muscle spasms and anti-spasmodic medicine that leaves me too loopy to even toddle to the loo. Just..........too loopy.   I don't normally take meds, but wow! This "stuff" is magnificent - woohoo!  Thanks for keeping me entertained between naps.

32 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

As they say, listening is a skill. Also, as for quoting just a portion of a response try highlighting what you want to comment on, wait for the black 'Quote This' indicator to come out and click it. Walla!

(insert sad face here)    I tried this but my cell phone doesn't let me highlight in this app.  That's why I came up with my "Plan B."

Edited by Skycatcher
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yup. It's gonna be the complete opposite of Zen in there. 

23 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

If Fessy's one of the best friends Kaitlyn's ever had, she must not have that many great friends.

That was my first thought when she said that.   Even if it's true (and that would be sad), it was a stupid thing to say because it revealed a lot about her.

22 hours ago, Cutty said:

Kaitlyn gets more loathsome with each episode. Not sure how much more I can take. 

I agree.   She's awful.  I have no tolerance for anyone who has an inflated sense of their own intelligence and importance.

21 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't really know who is on which side either. At this point, I'm just rooting for Sam and Tyler so as long as they're safe, the rest of the alliances can do whatever they want.

Agreed!  I can't keep it straight, so I'm just rolling along.  :-)  And Sam and Tyler are my favorites - at least for now.

19 hours ago, backformore said:

Yeah, I'm liking Tyler.  The funny thing, though, is that Kaitlyn, of the essential oils, crystals and "namaste", is a nervous wreck, and Tyler is all zen and calming her down. 

Yeah, she's the least "namaste" or even "fake namaste" out of all of them.  So much angst all the time.   I don't even watch the live feeds, and I find her exhausting.  Tyler is easy to like, IMO.  He seems like a good guy.  And a good player, but he isn't unpleasant about it.   

14 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree.   She's awful.  I have no tolerance for anyone who has an inflated sense of their own intelligence and 

Yeah, she's the least "namaste" or even "fake namaste" out of all of them.  So much angst all the time.   I don't even watch the live feeds, and I find her exhausting. 

LOL -  Remember past seasons when they had really repulsive people we hated? 

• Love 3