Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Losing over 200 pounds, Doug is now an active part of his family's lives and inspires a healthier lifestyle for them all.  However, Doug's eating disorder and trouble finding his own identity threaten to derail his progress.

Remember Doug?  Let me help.  He's very tall and big.  He married a woman who previously had weight loss surgery.  Doug was the world's first super plus sized meth head in his youth.  He and his smirking bride had a really adorable set of twins.  Otherwise, Doug's episode was rather dull.  

We can expect weight gain, weight loss and Doug trying to figure out what kind of person he wants to be.  I suspect he wants to be mobile and less than 600 pounds.  Shall we see?

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  I will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.  

• Love 3

Oh, yippee! Doug is on!

Guess I won't be needing this tonight

a08a98fpdf8.jpg.26d477c33833a55127e0c3c0ba91fed0.jpg

Me, around 8:45

giphy.gif

Me, at 10:00

giphy.gif

Me, at 10:02

giphy.gif

Just now, TwirlyGirly said:

"Instead of watching lions eat zebras on Animal Planet, I'm watching a human eat as much as a lion on TLC."

Lions and Zebras.jpg

?? to that kittie!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

How y’all doing? In two weeks we get Ashley D and... Nicole!

Obviously I don’t expect much tonight when the first thing I do is check for the next new episode. 

Edited by Miracle Maxie
Added a thought
  • Love 4
Just now, Kid said:

Here we go.  Again, I am watching this episode because of you guys!

Same!

Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Not that I'm not thrilled to see Nicole again but...is this season EVERY GOING TO END?

How's everybody's eating habit?  Gardein meatballs and peppers tonight.

I'm not sure if there will be any snark tonight, unless he goes back to drugs or something.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Not expecting much excitement in this episode but wanted to pop in to say hello to my fellow pounder peeps.

saw a preview on this, don't get too complacent

• Love 4
Just now, aliya said:

How's everybody's eating habit?  Gardein meatballs and peppers tonight.

I'm not sure if there will be any snark tonight, unless he goes back to drugs or something.

trust me, prepare the snarks (saw a preview on this guy.

• Love 4

How y'all doin'? New to the live chat. I'm usually out on Wednesdays. I wish I had been able to be home for James last week, but at least I'm here now. Thanks to all of you for making this show so awesome for me when I get home at midnight on Wednesdays. I press play and watch while I read your comments. You guys are awesome!

• Love 9

Hello Pounders! Super excited to be here tonight. Even though I had zero idea who Doug was. Which is sad because I know I watched his episode as soon as I saw his wife in the preview.

I’ve got my catchphrase bingo card ready. Will Doug be afraid? Is he on a journey? Is he doing this for his kids? Is this going to be hard? I can’t wait to find out.

Just kidding. I’m pretty sure it’ll be a snooze fest.

• Love 9
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Hi, Fellow Pounders!!  My doxie is exhausted from chewing and disemboweling various toys today. 

FB_IMG_1529506154218.jpg

??!!!!

3 minutes ago, Kid said:

He’s committed to do whatever he has to do to lose the weight. Except, quit binging.

I take it back, he lost 200 lbs.

• Love 3

Hey everybody! Hope all is well with everyone.

I remember Doug and I remember really liking him, his wife and his adorable kids; his mom, not so much. Anyway, actually looking forward to Doug. Really need someone to cheer for after last week's James and Lisa shit show.

• Love 5

I’m watching and chatting because of you guys AND because I just had surgery again to repair a fractured femur that happened after my hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago! And my eating habit is great. It is really good hospital food.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I am living for Juggalo Nicole. 

How y'all doing tonight? How's everyone's eating habit? I had avocado toast (whole wheat toast, bread baked by me!), with a squeeze of lime and fresh tomato. Yum. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, Threnners said:

That looks an AWFUL lot like the Orangeburg YMCA water park.

The water park they're at is in Wichita Falls Texas. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because I know the difference between "their" and "they're".
  • Love 1
Just now, zoemom said:

Here we go again.....it's always the parents fault...

actually, it is. the pattern is started at a very young age, and almost always from abuse

1 minute ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Hello Pounders! Super excited to be here tonight. Even though I had zero idea who Doug was. Which is sad because I know I watched his episode as soon as I saw his wife in the preview.

I’ve got my catchphrase bingo card ready. Will Doug be afraid? Is he on a journey? Is he doing this for his kids? Is this going to be hard? I can’t wait to find out.

Just kidding. I’m pretty sure it’ll be a snooze fest.

after seeing the preview, I would be willing to be  you're wrong

• Love 1
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

because I just had surgery again to repair a fractured femur that happened after my hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago!

Noooooo! Feel better!

No slide for you, Doug!

2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I’m watching and chatting because of you guys AND because I just had surgery again to repair a fractured femur that happened after my hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago! And my eating habit is great. It is really good hospital food.

Heal quickly!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Doug gets his own stand-alone episode?  What's up with that?  Maybe some drama will happen?

I was thinking of tuning out, but I'm hoping for some excitement.  I'll give it an hour.

there will definitely be a 'slap that boy upside the head' moment or two

• Love 1
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

Yikes HoosierMom!!!  I hope you're doing well now!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Oh my goodness! Hope you heal quickly! (((hugs))) 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Arynm said:

i liked Doug and liked his wife. I hope she loses her weight as well.

That's something I always find unusual @Arynm - I know the spouse doesn't do the liquid part of the program, but when folks like Doug go on the maintenance I would think they'd also lose some weight too.  Also think its kind of crappy that they still keep chips in the house when they know its one of his triggers.

I know, I know, I'm thinking to much...

And Ashley is "scared" several times already and I don't think Dr. Now is going to be happy with the "Doug Diet Plan".   What goes into a salad???? Really.....

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Hi, Fellow Pounders!!  My doxie is exhausted from chewing and disemboweling various toys today. 

Sounds like my friend's mini-doxie mix. Her mission in life is to destroy all the toys.

2 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

My eating habit is not a good situation tonight, we ordered Chinese with frahhhd rice, thankfully our mattress is very flattering,

Thank you, I needed that laugh.

Haven't eaten yet tonight. I got home at 6, took a nap for 45 minutes or so, watched Jeopardy, got distracted by stuff. I have strawberries in the fridge that need eating, though. Maybe cereal. 

He's starting a new diet. Hm.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

ouch! healing thoughts being sent

• Love 1

LOL...Doug's "vegetarian diet" includes a loaf of bread with mayonnaise and tomatoes on it. 

(edited)

He’s doing it his way!  We all know how this turns out.  What he doesn’t understand is that the carbs are his trigger.  They give him his fix.  

Kudos to his wife!!  She does not seem to be in enabler.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3