Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"You are a failure."

Technically, Oreos and potato chips are "vegetarian." 

My vegan friend used to occasionally get french fries from the cafeteria at work. Last weekend I went to his house for game night and he was eating Doritos (the Spicy Sweet Chili flavor is vegan). (But he's a distance runner and normally a healthy eater. He can afford a few handfuls of Doritos.)

You gained weight. You failed. You don't have continue to be a failure, however.

Putting meat back into my diet... *pushes a mess of sausage into a pan* Hmm.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 8
(edited)

How y’all doin’? My eating habit is half an extra-lean corned beef on rye (I didn’t have lunch today).

Uh-oh—Doug is having an existential crisis.

Edited by honeywest
I hit “send” too soon.
  • Love 2

Good evening, Pounders. My eating habit is a plate with several types of cheese, pate, grapes, and water crackers. Oh, and a nice glass (maybe two). I don't think this one's going to be very snarkable, but I'm sure we'll do our best.

Sorry I missed James last week. Hubby and I were glamping in a place with no cell phone or internet service.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Hey, Doug, get a job!!!

Somebody has to watch the kids. Maybe they can't afford child care for the twins and for him to work. Just saying. 

But his attitude about being home with his kids is annoying. I love being lucky enough to be able to stay home with my twins. It's crazy and exhausting, but I love it overall. 

• Love 12

Doug, "Just Say No to Carbs"!  You'd think being Mr. Mom he'd use some energy chasing them around.  I do like that he is thinking about his future and improving himself.

Is Ashley a therapist?  Listening to her she sounds she's using "therapist lingo".

Uh oh.......he skipped appointment with Dr. Now, because he was "realistic' with him.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kid said:

Hey, Doug, get a job!!!

But he has SO MANY JOBS he's gonna get! "IT, graphic designer, NASA engineer, circus clown..." SOMETHING! 

He does not get it. The problem is he will gain back the 200 pounds he lost and more if he doesn’t get a grip.   

So he can go on and on about the 200 pounds he lost. Losing it’s not the issue. Keeping it off is the issue.

• Love 8

I had to go do something and came in when Dr Now said to start eating meat. Doug needed to learn about low carb vegetarian. I don't think he has to have meat and I wasn't thrilled that Dr Now didn't provide a way for Doug to learn more about how to do it right.  There are a number of people (MDs) promoting vegan/vegetarian lifestyles, including the Dr who was on 'Big Medicine.'  That bothered me a little.

If people want to eat meat, that's their thing, I just thought Dr Now would be more inclusive with someone who wanted to try going meatless. 

• Love 7
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

But he has SO MANY JOBS he's gonna get! "IT, graphic designer, NASA engineer, circus clown..." SOMETHING! 

he has a very honorable job, being a house-dad

Just now, aliya said:

I had to go do something and came in when Dr Now said to start eating meat. Doug needed to learn about low carb vegetarian. I don't think he has to have meat and I wasn't thrilled that Dr Now didn't provide a way for Doug to learn more about how to do it right.  There are a number of people (MDs) promoting vegan/vegetarian lifestyles, including the Dr who was on 'Big Medicine.'  That bothered me a little.

If people want to eat meat, that's their thing, I just thought Dr Now would be more inclusive with someone who wanted to try going meatless. 

go back and listen to the conversation

• Love 3

Why do people have giant punch holes in their walls? I've never had a punch hole in any wall in my home. How does that happen?! (Besides the obvious punching.) There was one behind the sofa where Doug was sitting.

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Brain Surgeon?.....I think you can learn online......shoot for the stars dude!!!!!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DEG9 said:
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

he has a very honorable job, being a house-dad

He said earlier in the episode that he needed to find a career. 

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Why do people have giant punch holes in their walls? I've never had a punch hole in any wall in my home. How does that happen?! (Besides the obvious punching.) There was one behind the sofa where Doug was sitting.

better to punch the wall than the other person, but it does speak to a possible anger issue

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Probably from the obvious thing you stated. Getting pissed off and punching the wall. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Here is the problem when you’re an addict. If you’re recovering alcoholic, the rest of the world can drink.  You can’t. If you’re a food addict, the rest of the world can eat whatever they want to. You can’t. So he has to quit whining about what the kids eat.  And considering his one son already has boobs, maybe they should be watching what the son is eating as well.

He is using staying home with the kids as an excuse for wanting to go back to his addiction.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

People think vegetarian/vegan automatically equals healthy. Oreos are vegan. 

I belong to a FB page - What F.A.T. Vegans Eat.  Yeah, vegan doesn't always equal healthy. Still, I thought Dr Now could be more accommodating.

• Love 1

I was a stay at home Mom for twelve years. For the last four years of that, I cared for my terminally ill mother and ran her house in addition to mine. Yes, it was exhausting but I sucked it up and did what needed to be done. Doug seems to have too much time on his hands to feel sorry for himself. We’re all tired, buddy. All day, every day. That’s adulthood for ya.

I think he could really benefit from some time with a therapist. He’s got some stuff going on in his head that’s throwing up roadblocks and hurdles.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I think Doug's meatless diet came with huge helping of carbs with his veggies.

• Love 5

Before he lost the weight, Ashley had to do everything herself. She worked full time, cleaned, took care of the kids, and took care of him. He needs to pull up his big girl panties and get over himself.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I belong to a FB page - What F.A.T. Vegans Eat.  Yeah, vegan doesn't always equal healthy. Still, I thought Dr Now could be more accommodating.

Agree, one of my friends is a 300 lb, vegetarian.  Being a vegetarian doesn't equal being skinny.

• Love 3

OH MY GOD!!!! JESUS, GET A GRIP, DOUG!!!!

LOL at Dr. Now, "The reality is you are [a failure]."