Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, zoemom said:

I think Doug's meatless diet came with huge helping of carbs with his veggies.

I understand that - but why not send him to the nutritionist to help him get a handle on the carbs instead of dismissing his desire to change?  When I went to look at bariatric surgery, they never once said I had to eat meat, though they did say I had to switch from almond to soy milk (it's thicker and more satisfying or has more nutrients or something). 

• Love 2

Well, Doug went from zero-to-drive-of-shame-to-Houston in less than 24 hours. 

Right now, I am literally screaming at my TV for Doug to shut up.

8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t think Doug is a failure. He failed in this. These people don’t get to 600+ lbs because they have strong self esteem. I can see it hitting him to be called a failure 

Me too 3girlsforus. I like Doug and understand that, like a lot of men, he has struggles being a stay at home dad, in addition to focusing way too much on the word "failure." The doctor said you failed at your weight loss goal, not that you as a person are a failure. And, Doug, staying home caring for your two kids and the house is a job! It's just not one that society gives a lot of credit to or respect. Now, you know how a lot of SAHMs feel.

• Love 7

I were his wife I’d be making it clear to him that if he gets back to where he was he’ll have to take his fat ass somewhere else because I’m not going to take care of him any more.

• Love 9

Wait - is he crying about the appointment????  This grown man is crying over his food choices and their consequences??  His wife & kids are alive and well and they are living in what looks like a decent place. Shut the heck up and stop crying. Jeez. Just jeez. 

• Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Poor baby Doug. Someone talks mean to him and he pouts. Geez. 

Someone find his pacifier please.  Wonder how many fast food stops he'll make on his way to Houston.   I think Doug may have gained at least 25 lbs.  Boy, he's sure focused on Dr. Now telling him he's a failure.  Now he's talking with Ashley, whining again about being a failure.  He sounds like my 4 year old nephew when someone talks "mean" to him.  How old is Doug?

I love Ashley she has the patience of Jobe.

Did I hear right - when Ashley told him he might be surprised he asked her "like getting a new car?"

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I understand that - but why not send him to the nutritionist to help him get a handle on the carbs instead of dismissing his desire to change?  When I went to look at bariatric surgery, they never once said I had to eat meat, though they did say I had to switch from almond to soy milk (it's thicker and more satisfying or has more nutrients or something). 

they're trying to establish a habit to get him under control. Not everyone who has bariatric surgery does it because they topped 600lbs. he did. In order to get through the layers of old habit, and trauma they want to keep things simple. He's just looking for excuses to go back to his old ways

• Love 8

In the span of 30 minutes, the word "failure" has been uttered nearly as much as "nervous," "anxious," and "journey," ALL SEASON. 

Just now, zoemom said:

Someone find his pacifier please.  Wonder how many fast food stops he'll make on his way to Houston.   I think Doug may have gained at least 25 lbs.  Boy, he's sure focused on Dr. Now telling him he's a failure.  Now he's talking with Ashley, whining again about being a failure.

Pool?? How much has he gained?? I think 38 pounds.

• Love 4

OMG, ITS BEEN MONTHS! STOP WHINING ABOUT BEING CALLED A FAILURE!!!

Cue the 60 pound weight gain. Which we all know will be Dr. Now’s fault for being a meaniehead.

Doug, to quote Vanellope Von Schweetz from “Wreck It Ralph”, you’re being a big smelly diaper baby.

• Love 11

Oh, Doug, pouting - and then spouting attitude about how Dr. Now better not treat him wrong. Irritating AF. But also, concerns me because he could be really depressed and frustrated which can be a toxic mindset. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Wait - is he crying about the appointment????  This grown man is crying over his food choices and their consequences??  His wife & kids are alive and well and they are living in what looks like a decent place. Shut the heck up and stop crying. Jeez. Just jeez. 

He's crying because Dr Now called him a failure and was mean to him. He doesn't like being criticized. Poor baby. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Arynm said:

Drink everytime he says the word failure. We are all going to be on the floor.

I don't have enough vodka for that.

(No, seriously, there's like, 2 or 3 shots worth left. Though if I drank it all at once it'd be enough to put me on the floor for a little bit.)

• Love 5
Just now, QuinnInND said:

He doesn't like being criticized. Poor baby. 

He better stick with being a stay at home dad. The world is tough out there, people might say mean things to him.

• Love 7

Hi, pounders! A little late to the forum tonight, but I’ve been watching.

Doug, get over it! Don’t get hung up on a word! 

Doug whining about being home all day with the kids and having to do housework, prepare meals, etc. Guess what, women have been doing it for decades! Put on your big boy pants and just do it!

• Love 2

45-50 lbs gained I'm going with. 

Just now, honeywest said:

He has no idea how much he weighs now. Why do none of these people own a scale?

Most scales don't go over 300. Maybe that's why? Idk. 

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

In the span of 30 minutes, the word "failure" has been uttered nearly as much as "nervous," "anxious," and "journey," ALL SEASON. 

Pounders the word of this episode is "FAILURE"

• Love 4