Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Yikes. Going off the post-surgery diet and cutting out meat doesn’t seem like a good idea, Doug. You’re gonna lose muscle if you aren’t getting protein and you’re having a ton of carbs. I smell a weight gain a-comin’...

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I’m watching and chatting because of you guys AND because I just had surgery again to repair a fractured femur that happened after my hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago! And my eating habit is great. It is really good hospital food.

Oh no!! I’m so sorry. Hope you are on the mend soon. 

• Love 1

You know, just because he wants to cut out meat doesn't mean he needs to turn to carbs. There are a lot of meatless protein alternatives out there. He's going to give vegetarians/vegans a bad name!

• Love 10
(edited)

Stupid a$$ people - do the veg, fine. I'm doing veg keto. DON'T EAT THE BREAD. at least not that bread, there is low calorie and low carb bread. Those loaves are huge. I don't know if he is diabetic or not, but he really shouldn't be eating bread like that if he is diabetic.  Can any of these people just eat what the doctor tells them what to eat? 

Edited by aliya
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 minute ago, Kid said:

He’s doing it his way!  We all know how this turns out.

In other words, I want to eat things that I’m not supposed to so I will design a new “plan” where I can have them.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I’m watching and chatting because of you guys AND because I just had surgery again to repair a fractured femur that happened after my hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago! And my eating habit is great. It is really good hospital food.

Something similar happened to my aunt a few months ago. I hope you heal quickly and fully!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Susanlynn9 said:

You know, just because he wants to cut out meat doesn't mean he needs to turn to carbs. There are a lot of meatless protein alternatives out there. He's going to give vegetarians/vegans a bad name!

But, but.....he's done his research!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Doug gets his own stand-alone episode?  What's up with that?  Maybe some drama will happen?

I was thinking of tuning out, but I'm hoping for some excitement.  I'll give it an hour.

For two hours and 13 minutes, there better be some drama!

5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

My eating habit? Basically I have designated Wednesday as Cheat Day. 

Well, what other day would you do it?! ;)

"I hope she'll trust that I know what I'm doing"...in other words, I didn't even mention this to Dr. Now or get advice from a nutritionist or anything.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Oh, Hoosiermom, I'm so sorry to hear that. It can't be fun.  Do you have some help at home?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

there is low calorie and low carb bread

There is! I bought this bread that's like 45 calories a slice. It's good! 

I hope @meat is doing well. 

Ugh. Doing it their way never works!! So your research makes you smarter than a Dr. Riiiiiiighht.  

And that asshole in the Lowes commercial needs to be shoved off the ice chest. Move your stupid ass. Ugh. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Ugh. Doing it their way never works!! So your research makes you smarter than a Dr. Riiiiiiighht.  

And that asshole in the Lowes commercial needs to be shoved off the ice chest. Move your stupid ass. Ugh. 

I hate that commercial.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I love when these people say "I'm doing it my way", ignoring the fact that their way led them to 600 pounds in the first place.

I always hear Dr. Phil’s voice in my head saying, “Yeah, how’s that workin’ out for ya?” 

I mean, why on earth would anyone listen to their BARIATRIC SURGEON? We all know some crazy diet created by some rando on the interwebs will work better for you. Duh.

• Love 14
(edited)

@hoosiermom - best wishes for a good recovery. Glad you can join us.

I haven't even turned on the TV. Just walked in. My eating habit was broiled chicken and two veg at Boston Market. I'm on Mountain Time so it's earlier here than East coast or Central.

Anyway, it's my birfday and the final work day of a temp project that I really enjoyed for 4 months and was really ready to be done with. Lovely people, nice money, all good.

Now, gotta go into the living room and get the TV on and the laptop fired up. **Grabs bag of Almond M&Ms on the way** (Almond M&Ms = crack. For me. Just saying.)

ETA: My fam and I celebrated my birfday already last weekend, and this coming weekend I'm having a nice little vacay, so I'm totally good just chilling at home tonight.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Stupid a$$ people - do the veg, fine. I'm doing veg keto. DON'T EAT THE BREAD. at least not that bread, there is low calorie and low carb bread. Those loaves are huge. I don't know if he is diabetic or not, but he really shouldn't be eating bread like that if he is diabetic.  Can any of these people just do what the doctor tells them what to eat? 

This is true but Dr Now told him to eat chicken and fish. If he wants to change to a vegetarian diet, even the right way, he absolutely should discuss it with Dr Now first. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

@hoosiermom - best wishes for a good recovery. Glad you can join us.

I haven't even turned on the TV. Just walked in. My eating habit was broiled chicken and two veg at Boston Market. I'm on Mountain Time so it's earlier here than East coast or Central.

Anyway, it's my birfday and the final work day of a temp project that I really enjoyed for 4 months and was really ready to be done with. Lovely people, nice money, all good.

Now, gotta go into the living room and get the TV on and the laptop fired up. **Grabs bag of Almond M&Ms on the way** (Almond M&Ms = crack. For me. Just saying.)

Happy birthday!

• Love 4
(edited)

Somebody should tell that woman on 90 day fiancé happily ever after that “stupider”  is not part of the conjugation of “stupid“.

He surprised he gained weight.He has the nerve to tell him he got no instructions.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Anyway, it's my birfday 

Happy birfday!!! Also my friend/former college roommate's birfday :)

Oh, look, he gained 6 pounds. I'm shocked. Aren't you shocked?

Dr. Now: "Sooo....let me get this right."

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Somebody should tell that woman on 90 day fiancé happily ever after that “stupider”  is not part of the conjugation of “stupid“.

He surprised he gained weight.

Edited by Kid
Just now, Susanlynn9 said:

I never would have guessed that all those carbs and bread would have caused a weight gain.

Remember Scott Pilgrim? "bread makes you fat??"

Now he's worried about his health and his family's history of heart disease? Dude. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

That vegetarian diet sure worked out well for Doug.

People think vegetarian/vegan automatically equals healthy. Oreos are vegan. 

1 minute ago, Kid said:

He surprised he gained weight.

But...I thought boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider...

• Love 7

"You are a failure."

Just now, BuddhaBelly said:

So, he just ate a bunch of carbs.

Technically, Oreos and potato chips are "vegetarian." 

1 minute ago, Kid said:

That commercial makes me want to put my fist through my television.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh snap, gained 6 pounds! Why do they always wonder how Dr. Now will react? And how, after all his weight loss, can he not tell the difference between a 50 pound loss and a 6 pound gain? Doug, you beat alcohol and drugs, you got this!

Go Dr. Now, you are my low carb hero!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Effing Autocorrect!
  • Love 4
Just now, zoemom said:

Wow Dr. Now is applying the "smack down" early.

"Eating meat is not good for your diet is crap!" You tell him Dr. Now!

Maybe he didn't want another James on his hands. I think he's getting tired of being ignored.

• Love 2

Doug, you ARE a failure. You FAILED at losing the weight required to have your skin horribly hacked apart by Dr Now.