Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Reunion 2018.06.25

• Start Topic

Dear Baby Jesus, please let Vanessa Simmons be a real  watcher of the show. I ask that you let her ask follow-up questions unlike our Dr Drew and have a  more impressive comeback than "wow!" like that idiot Shaun Robinson.

• Love 3

Danae hasn’t matured one iota. He’s still the same unstable, anger-driven, hair-trigger temper, refuses-to-accept-any-responsibly asshole he was during the season. Bye, jerk! ?? 

I was NOT expecting Stephan to hug it out with Kayla’s mom. Wow. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Ashley looks like she's wearing a christening dress. 

Brianna looked nicer with stage makeup. And she's d-o-n-e with Danae and I'm not mad about it. 

OTOH, Lexi looked worse with makeup, or paler than usual. Something was different. Kyler still looked like a peanut. 

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 9

Danae is neither a young mom nor a dad nor anything relevant so why is he even still lurking on the show?  And while I don’t know any of these people, my money is on Danae being the one who was lying about what happened with the phone calls the night the baby stayed at his house.  And really Danae’s enabling mother?  The baby had a crying spell and you couldn’t handle it so you called Brianna?  Bitch have a seat.  

• Love 11

Why was Kayla freaking out about the not-boyfriend/hookup MTV showed? Oh right, it’s because she’s still clinging to the scraps Stephon throws her way. Man, she is going to be so pissed at how stupid her 19-year-old self was when she’s 30.

• Love 12

Would have been great if the host asked some actual questions rather than just trying to see who’s still hooking up. 

Kayla- are you still taking classes? What are you studying? 

Stephan- dude, do you have an actual JOB yet? (Assuming that’s a big fat “No.”) Why not? How do you contribute financially to this child you’ve helped create?

Jade- are you still living on your own as a single Mom? 

Sean- have you put down the video games long enough to get a job? 

Lexi- have you started college to pursue your dream of becoming a mortician? That’s such an interesting carreer choice! 

Brianna- what are your plans for the future? Job? School? Anything? I feel like she’s the only one who hasn’t shown us much of anything about future hopes & dreams beyond making sure her boyfriend follows her out West.

Ashley & Bar- I got nothing. I find these two trashy & wholly uninteresting, and I’d love to see this series -2 if they choose to have a Season 2. 

• Love 10
(edited)

They showed each couple's ugliest, most cringe-inducing moments and the audience clapped (for what?) while each couple looked painfully embarrassed.  That was awkward. 

I was hoping we'd get to see the babies now that they're a little older.

Jade's mom vs. Shen, who is crazier? Shen I guess but Jade's mom with her (paraphrasing here:) "sure I've been convicted of a few misdemeanors and spent time in jail but I'm not like a criminal or anything...those tabloids need to get their facts straight."  I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that does make you a criminal.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 7
(edited)

I wonder how Ashley felt that Shen got to speak on camera but HER mom didn't. Why were her mom and her sister even there?

Kyler knows that he can do or say ANYYYYTHIIING and Lexi will still love him. I just wanna shake some sense into her!

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 6

Well, that was a waste of time!

Brianna and Danae just devolved into a screaming match.  What was I even watching?

Kayla not wanting to talk about hooking up with Stephan and being angry about how her relationship with her male friend was silly.  She can complain all she wants, but that's what she gave them to work with. (TM Heather B., Real World Season ONE)

Jade: Why was her cray-cray mom given more air time than Sean?

Ashley:  I'm glad she has a career goal she wants to achieve before she gets married.  Maybe she should have thought about that before she became pregnant and been more diligent about birth control.  Shen is insane, but now that there is a baby involved, there is no getting away from her.  I think she and Bar could have navigated their relationship and figured out where they wanted to be - with or without each other.  Now that a child is in picture, it's a whole other ball of wax.

Lexi: That segment was useless!  Kyler is the worst and she continues to say she will love him forever.  I don't really see that she loves him now.  So young and dumb.  I, too, want to shake her!!!

The only thing I learned from watching this was that Vanessa Simmons was saving herself for marriage, until that one time when she didn't and got pregnant.  

• Love 6

We had crazy storms last night and I was all excited to watch this and then found out that the storm knocked out service for the entire episode EXCEPT the last 10 min. So I got to see Jade's segment and Ashley's.  Both of which were kinda lame.  And Vanessa Simmons is a terrible host - I get they're giving these wannabe's a chance at getting their foot in the door at MTV but omgggggggg they're all terrible. What's her face on the teen mom aftershow is still terrible and she's been doing it for years.  Vanessa needs a bigger vocabulary and quit saying "I got you" "I understand".  Can they not find any celebrity kids that actually have a personality???

• Love 3
14 hours ago, asemumma said:

Danae hasn’t matured one iota. He’s still the same unstable, anger-driven, hair-trigger temper, refuses-to-accept-any-responsibly asshole he was during the season. Bye, jerk! ??

Danae walked on set loaded for bear. He started shouting after what, 45 seconds? And why did Vanessa not take charge of that? She sat back and let Danae and his stupid, sanctimonious, phony mother hijack the whole segment. She soft pedaled everything he said and let him and his mother walk all over Brianna. I especially loved it when Mama Danae screamed at Brianna for interrupting her, then asked Brianna a question, and started screaming at her again two sentences in to her answer. Vanessa! That's a host's function! You do not let it devolve into a Maury-like slugfest!

13 hours ago, Emmierose said:

Danae is neither a young mom nor a dad nor anything relevant so why is he even still lurking on the show?  And while I don’t know any of these people, my money is on Danae being the one who was lying about what happened with the phone calls the night the baby stayed at his house.  And really Danae’s enabling mother?  The baby had a crying spell and you couldn’t handle it so you called Brianna?  Bitch have a seat.  

Right? Danae has NO claim on that baby and no claim on Briana. And he had no right to expect any visitation with the baby. We've seen his abusive, nasty texts to Brianna. I don't believe a word that creepy controlling little rageball says.

12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Kyler knows that he can do or say ANYYYYTHIIING and Lexi will still love him. I just wanna shake some sense into her!

Kyler's still his old charming self, I see. He couldn't even be bothered to shower/change into some clean clothes before his big TV appearance?

• Love 8

After a week of anticipation, which is a sad commentary on me, I was very disappointed in this reunion. 

Danae and his mother are silly. Why were they making such a big deal about the birth certificate? There's no way he could legally sign that piece of paper. First, he's still technically a girl, so that's out. Second, even if he were transitioned and now legally a man, he wasn't at the time of birth and also not married to Brianna, two things that would need to happen.  Forget this girl, she's moved on. At least he admitted he was a hot mess. Why did she let him have the baby overnight? That is strange.

Speaking of which, I was glad Stephon finally admitted his wrongs and he and Kayla's mother hugged it out. Kayla is still a stupid, stupid girl, though. The mother needs to keep on her beautification journey, lose the weight, keep the cute haircut and kick both of those asses out of her house. Her face looked very pretty last night.

Not wasting any words on Lexie. That girl is too stupid to fucking live. What the fuck is wrong with her mother? She needs to have an extremely serious, come to Jesus talk with her child and tell her to stop fucking begging. It's gross and sad and pathetic as fuck!

Looks like Jade and Sean are trying to work things out. Hopefully she will make him tow the line before the romance heats up again.

Wonder what made Bar stop talking to his trashy ass mother. She already raised one killer, maybe he's trying to avoid becoming one, too.  Good job that he's in anger management. What does he do to earn money? Is Ashley the only one going to work and school? I'm glad she has goals and hope she sticks to them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Wonder what made Bar stop talking to his trashy ass mother. She already raised one killer, maybe he's trying to avoid becoming one, too.  Good job that he's in anger management. What does he do to earn money? Is Ashley the only one going to work and school? I'm glad she has goals and hope she sticks to them.

When they moved into their apartment I think Ashley said he was working but didn't say where.  I think they were doing sort of opposite shifts and she was somehow working her school in there. 

• Love 1
(edited)

For a long time I thought Briana got the good edit. The Reunion showed that to be true. Added: But Danae is nuts and did not belong on the show.

Kayla will always beg off standing up for her mother with the “I’m in the middle” bullshit. Stephan’s pseudo apology meant shit. The mother should have said she thinks he is a lowlife because he impregnated her daughter, cheated on her, and brought underwear of some other girl to her house. That was seriously unforgivable stuff and the mother needs to grow a pair. Inexcusable to tell someone "I will be in this house if my son is here" when it's not your house. Not a work about appreciation for all that mom has done for them.

Kyler shows up to the show looking like an unwashed pig in a hat talking in total monotone. Yeah, that’s attractive. Kyler has no idea what Tiffany and Company is and looked sooooo uncomfortable during that conversation. Just not seeing what is to love about the guy. Lexi has very low standards.

Sean looked very clear eyed on the show. I have a soft spot for Jade and Sean and hope they make it. Also, baby Kloie is just absolutely adorable and that from someone that is just not into babies.

Shen is such an actress in the feed. You could tell how uncomfortable Bar was. I frankly, admired the fact that Bar said he would take it on the chin because he doesn’t always have Ashley’s back. Sometimes your spouse or whatever acts like an ass or a jerk or is totally wrong and thankfully, in my marriage for years and years, one of the things that we loved the most about each other was that if one was acting like a fool or completely wrong, we would say so without the other freaking out and thinking that no matter what, you have to side with your partner. We never publicly embarrassed each other, but once alone, we’d tell each other how we truly felt and because we had such trust in one another, we knew that if one was calling the other wrong, it wouldn’t be for sport or no reason.

It felt like the show ended very abruptly. 

A personal note: I am going through some super chemo right not before surgery in August. Two days ago, I got a call that my mother passed away. I had chemo this morning (they were wonderful about moving me up a day due to funeral arrangements) and went straight to the wake and of course the side effects started to kick in. It’s rough. Funeral is tomorrow morning and I'm hoping I can remain standing. I say this to thank you for all of your snark here. It is helping me so much by making me laugh and smile and taking my mind away from all my troubles. So good on you all! Off to read the comments...

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

A personal note: I am going through some super chemo right not before surgery in August. Two days ago, I got a call that my mother passed away. I had chemo this morning (they were wonderful about moving me up a day due to funeral arrangements) and went straight to the wake and of course the side effects started to kick in. It’s rough. Funeral is tomorrow morning and I'm hoping I can remain standing. I say this to thank you for all of your snark here. It is helping me so much by making me laugh and smile and taking my mind away from all my troubles. So good on you all! Off to read the comments...

I’m so sorry. That’s a whole lot to be going through. *>hugs & moral support<*

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, missy jo said:

Did they mention why Pastor Tea didn't make the reunion? I'm glad she wasn't there, but it must have hurt her ego. 

That was really odd to show her and the sister backstage but never bring them out. When they brought up the Birthday Brawl and Bar said he shouldn't have acted the way he did, I thought they would at least bring out the sister to verify that they had put that episode behind them. Considering all the time they gave to the Briana/Danae screamfest, you'd think they'd have cut that down and brought out T and sister. 

• Love 2

I don't understand what was so "shady" about the birth certificate scene. Brianna's mom didn't say anything out of place about Danae, seems like nothing but facts. I feel like Ashley is always being too extra.. like she's trying real hard to be the "cool one" in the bunch. Kayla's mom said what ever one was thinking.. "he's too proud to say he's sorry to me." How can you treat someone who was like a mother to you in that form. My husband commented on Kyler's looks, "that boy doesn't look right." I think they both have a resting "blehhh" face. Lexi had to convince herself ON TV that Kyler went to her ultrasound on his own.. poor girl. Can you imagine all the things she has to tweak herself (on a daily basis) in order to stay in love with Kyler. 

• Love 7

I didn't get the feeling any of these girls really liked each other or got along.  I know the OG crew hates Farrah now, but early on, they all seemed to bond.  The TM2 girls used to get along.  TM3 girls became besties.  This group...nothing.  "I feel like I know them from TV" and that was it. 

Lexi drives me the most mad, along with her nitwit mother.  Don't do the little angel pose when they announce you. 

Everyone's segments were so rushed.

configdotsys, hugs to you.  My condolences on the lost of your mom and some super vibes to kick cancer ass.

• Love 3

I was finally able to watch. I agree with others, it did seem very rushed. I guess maybe that's due to there being 5 girls instead of 4?

Brianna looked great, honestly. I always wanted to see her in some makeup, at least eye shadow. I really don't like Danae's mom, and on the show I thought I did. As much as Brianna seemed hopeless at times on the show, look at how she stood up for herself here. We would never ever see Lexi do that.

Kayla's mom looked great. 

It was obvious they were trying to give Shen a better edit and she did look better but her piercing and tattoos (and yes, I have both) jut make her look permanently trashy and no matter what words she says I can't take her seriously as a mom.

I really don't like Jade's mom. Or maybe it's not that I don't like her, but I work in the substance abuse field and can just tell that she's in such denial about herself and her patterns. She's just so not there yet. 

• Love 4
On 6/25/2018 at 10:41 PM, JasminePhyllisia said:

Jade's mom vs. Shen, who is crazier? Shen I guess but Jade's mom with her (paraphrasing here:) "sure I've been convicted of a few misdemeanors and spent time in jail but I'm not like a criminal or anything...those tabloids need to get their facts straight."  I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that does make you a criminal.

SHEN!  Always Shen!

On 6/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, politichick said:

After a week of anticipation, which is a sad commentary on me, I was very disappointed in this reunion. 

HA!  Same!

• Love 3
(edited)

Jade's mom was objecting to her criminal record being grossly exaggerated, not denying that it happened.  I think she underestimates how much damage her substance abuse etc has done, but the host suggested she'd been in jail a lot more than she actually had been, and I think it was fair of her to try to set the record straight on that. 

(I can also see the point of "it's not illegal to be a felon" - it's true (well, I don't remember how or when that was actually said, just the version that gets repeated here).  Committing a felony is of course illegal, and being a felon in possession of a firearm is illegal (at least in some places), but existing as a person after having been convicted of a felony is not in itself illegal - and people who try to reenter society after serving time have a tough enough time as it is, so a certain amount of defensiveness and frustration around these issues is to be expected.)

Edited by akr
  • Love 2

I watched about 10 minutes and gave up.  What I want to know is: who does their hair and make-up on these reunions?  Every single one of them looked hideous, and they're all normally pretty.  Brianna had those bright red lips that distracted me every time she spoke.  Lacy's hair and make-up aged her, and not in a good way.  Jade's excessive make-up made her look like Miss Piggy.  Interesting that Ashley had a white dress on and loose curls.  It was like she was trying to look demure and innocent...ha!  The only one who looked halfway normal was Kayla, in my opinion.

On 26/06/2018 at 11:46 PM, configdotsys said:

For a long time I thought Briana got the good edit. The Reunion showed that to be true. Added: But Danae is nuts and did not belong on the show.

Kayla will always beg off standing up for her mother with the “I’m in the middle” bullshit. Stephan’s pseudo apology meant shit. The mother should have said she thinks he is a lowlife because he impregnated her daughter, cheated on her, and brought underwear of some other girl to her house. That was seriously unforgivable stuff and the mother needs to grow a pair. Inexcusable to tell someone "I will be in this house if my son is here" when it's not your house. Not a work about appreciation for all that mom has done for them.

Kyler shows up to the show looking like an unwashed pig in a hat talking in total monotone. Yeah, that’s attractive. Kyler has no idea what Tiffany and Company is and looked sooooo uncomfortable during that conversation. Just not seeing what is to love about the guy. Lexi has very low standards.

Sean looked very clear eyed on the show. I have a soft spot for Jade and Sean and hope they make it. Also, baby Kloie is just absolutely adorable and that from someone that is just not into babies.

Shen is such an actress in the feed. You could tell how uncomfortable Bar was. I frankly, admired the fact that Bar said he would take it on the chin because he doesn’t always have Ashley’s back. Sometimes your spouse or whatever acts like an ass or a jerk or is totally wrong and thankfully, in my marriage for years and years, one of the things that we loved the most about each other was that if one was acting like a fool or completely wrong, we would say so without the other freaking out and thinking that no matter what, you have to side with your partner. We never publicly embarrassed each other, but once alone, we’d tell each other how we truly felt and because we had such trust in one another, we knew that if one was calling the other wrong, it wouldn’t be for sport or no reason.

It felt like the show ended very abruptly. 

Sending my prayers and hugs to you, I lost my mom too, so I can understand how you feel, good luck with the chemotherapy and take care 

• Love 1