Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, cork dork said:

Watching Sam talk at Brett was an impressive look into the crazy swirling around in her head; that she gives more credence to things the voices cook up that have zero relation to what she actually sees or hears is frightening.

It’d be one thing if her intuition was always spot on and she had a history of people always asking how she knew something. Instead, it’s her accusing people of lying and/or betraying her by going back on a promise, both pinky and it’s lesser cousin, the common verbal variety. 

After a likely lifetime of arguments due to her voices vs what actually happened, I’m surprised the voices are still given priority as that shit has to get old. It does ensure a steady stream of drama though, so there’s that.  

It’s maddening how she uses a pile of throwaway words to keep the floor rather than letting silence happen for a few seconds whether it’s a topic swerve or just breathe. People end up having to interrupt to get a word in, including when she’s kind of accusing them of something but then when they want clarity, she brings out the baby Bobby Hill voice for the “I don’t know, I’m just thinking; it’s nothing, I’m an emotional roller coaster.” 

Two notables from her rambling at Brett had her saying “what if the twist is I’m a millionaire and that’s why I don’t care about the money” (he pretty much let that one pass on by) and she had convinced herself that Brett’s zing was “a coded message for her because it came from Zingbot and she was a robot and her robot looks like her.” Brett told her that was one of those things she’d made up in her head and had no basis in reality (hee) and when she tried to explain to him why he was wrong, he spent the next 10 mins making it crystal clear how and why it was only his zing and there were no coded messages. 

It did kinda piss her off because her next trick was to go total baby voiced passhole aggresshole with the personal attack, implying things (neither he or I were sure of what those things were and he asked, several times). Then she shifted gears and told him he should go inside put on Haleigh’s sweater and tell her he loves her. 

After several minutes of trying to clarify that bit of madness, including telling her he doesn’t tell someone he loves them unless he means it, so he wouldn’t say that to Haleigh, production took pity on him and called him to the DR. 

So fascinating. Does anyone have the stream for this? Every time more of her "natural" crazy comes out, I wonder how far will this go. The psych world is a mystery to me, so I don't know if someone like this has a limit for all the nonsensical mouth diarrhea or if this can continue to spiral. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RagePaige said:

I am really good friends with the kid on the left.  Hes in most of the stories that Brett tells the other house guests on the feeds.  Both of them cut most of their hair off a year after that photo.

Also just because you are in a fraternity doesn't mean you are super well off.  A lot of my friends paid for their fraternity and sorority dues by working 1-2 jobs in college.

What's the average cost of being in one?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Depends on the school and if the fraternity/sorority have a house or not and if they have a meal plan.  What most people don't realize is that the meal plan is probably the most important part of this cost.  You get 3 very good home cooked meals a day by the staff and its relatively cheap because of economies of scale

Usually for schools that don't have a house/meal plan its around $300-$500 a semester.  That money goes to pay national dues and social events for the semester. 

For Alabama with a house and meal plan its usually $2,000-$4,000 a semester for fraternities and $3,000-$5,000 a semester for sororities.  This cost mostly depends on how nice the house is (Usually range from 2 million - 11 million).  That might seem like a ton money but you actually get a lot back from it.  Pretty much pays for all of your food and social life expenses as well as a ton of study aids (All Greek Life have strict minimum GPA requirements which is why typically they have higher than average GPAs).  Live there is a bit more but much much cheaper than any other kind of on campus housing.  Also provides you with a place to hang out and live in on campus and pretty much forces you to stay very involved in Student Life after Freshman year.

Personally I worked in both the Dean of Students/Inter-mural Reffing, and also did a bit of Bartending to support it and used Academic Scholarships to pay for the rest.  It was completely worth it.  Alabama has the largest Greek Life in the nation with about 1/3 of the student population in it.  I am still very close with pretty much everyone I went through it with.

Edited by RagePaige
  • Love 7

Recently on Dr Phil a woman thought everything was a sign/ code and held a message for her.  She was convinced her ex boyfriend was sending her messages through songs on her car radio.  The clues were where to go to find him.  At one point she drove from Canada to Mexico following the code from songs. 

As it turned out her craziness was a side effect from the drugs she was taking.   I wonder if that is happening with Sam.   Sam is not as extreme but the woman on Dr Phil probably did not go from zero to 60, effects grew over time. 

I hope someone will post a clip of that conversation somewhere. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

The thing that gets me about Scottie is the way he speaks in a semi-yelp at times, which almost makes his voice squeak. He sounds almost like a cartoon character when he does it (seems to happen a lot when casting his vote to evict). I would imagine that for a girl  like Haleigh, who has probably dated a certain type of guy, it might be hard to think of a guy with a sometimes cartoon chipmunk voice as a viable love interest. And this is coming from someone who has mostly dated a variety of lovely dorks. I still couldn’t handle the voice. 

Funny you should say that, because from the beginning I have thought Scottie sounds like the know it all bratty kid in The Polar Express, who is played by the same actor (and annoying voice) as Eugene in Grease. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I would purposefully wait until the other door closed until the other HGs got their butts out of the way and let the door close before I would open the second door.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

The thing that gets me about Scottie is the way he speaks in a semi-yelp at times, which almost makes his voice squeak. He sounds almost like a cartoon character when he does it (seems to happen a lot when casting his vote to evict). I would imagine that for a girl  like Haleigh, who has probably dated a certain type of guy, it might be hard to think of a guy with a sometimes cartoon chipmunk voice as a viable love interest. And this is coming from someone who has mostly dated a variety of lovely dorks. I still couldn’t handle the voice. 

Once I realized he sounds very much like Steve Smith, the teenage son on American Dad, I’ve wondered if he’s the inspiration for the cartoon character.

31 minutes ago, TheGapper said:

So fascinating. Does anyone have the stream for this? Every time more of her "natural" crazy comes out, I wonder how far will this go. The psych world is a mystery to me, so I don't know if someone like this has a limit for all the nonsensical mouth diarrhea or if this can continue to spiral. 

I don’t have the stream but it started around 12:30a HT and went on for just over an hour. I checked Joker’s last night and I’m still kinda disappointed they barely grabbed any of it. It’s of note because of how long she kept talking and that there was no rage behind it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGapper said:

Joker’s has this kind-of transcript of the Sam/Scottie conversation.

ETA: Originally mistakenly posted as “Brett/Sam conversation”; corrected.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I agree that Level 6 isn't stupid, but I don't think they're exactly smart either.  Level 6 isn't playing chess.  They're playing checkers.  It's just that The Hive is crawling around on the floor trying to see what Duplo blocks taste like.

I think there are some aspects of Lv4 that are smart (Tyler, Brett to some extent) but the most valuable assets each week are the ones that aren't even in the alliance -- JC and Sam. 

But a lot of my animus towards Lv4 stems from Angela/Kaycee hatred. I've yet to see anything to suggest that they are particularly good at the game. Angela is a bitch who alienates people she needs to vote for her just because she's a bitch and Kaycee embarrasses herself anytime she opens her mouth. Just because you are in an alliance that gets to the end doesn't make you smart or good. Matt and Raven weren't smart or good at the game. Alex and Whistlenut weren't smart or good at the game. Ditto Christmas. But at least Josh had a plan with his GBM. 

That being said you don't have to be smart or good at the game to win. The point is to win the game so all this stuff doesn't really fucking matter in the end. And lets be honest, this isn't the Academic Olympics or brain surgery. It's a silly reality show. They're not cracking the nuclear codes.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I think there are some aspects of Lv4 that are smart (Tyler, Brett to some extent) but the most valuable assets each week are the ones that aren't even in the alliance -- JC and Sam. 

But a lot of my animus towards Lv4 stems from Angela/Kaycee hatred. I've yet to see anything to suggest that they are particularly good at the game. Angela is a bitch who alienates people she needs to vote for her just because she's a bitch and Kaycee embarrasses herself anytime she opens her mouth. Just because you are in an alliance that gets to the end doesn't make you smart or good. Matt and Raven weren't smart or good at the game. Alex and Whistlenut weren't smart or good at the game. Ditto Christmas. But at least Josh had a plan with his GBM. 

That being said you don't have to be smart or good at the game to win. The point is to win the game so all this stuff doesn't really fucking matter in the end. And lets be honest, this isn't the Academic Olympics or brain surgery. It's a silly reality show. They're not cracking the nuclear codes.

Even though Angela is one of my favorites, I think she's the weakest member of L6. The others all made early efforts to secure tentative alliances with other non-L6 HGs. If Angela is up against any other L6 member on Thursday night, I think she goes home. Unless Tyler somehow can flip the vote for her. And in that case, it would be because of Tyler, not because of Angela. KC's closeness with Sam has and probably will continue to aid her until KC cuts her off. Tyler has both Sam and JC. Brett spent weeks infiltrating the other side. The only thing Angela has going for her is that she's proven she can win a questions comp. She and Brett were studying days last night, and she seems to be fairly knowledgeable. 

No doubt that Tyler is the strongest of his alliance. But, I think that's the nature of the game and the nature of life. One of the main reasons I love (and hate) BB so much is that it's a microcosm of the real world.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, cork dork said:

I just stumbled across the pic below over on reddit. It’s from Brett’s 21st bday and the bottles of Dom he’s mentioned saving up for previously. 

Is it just me and I’m imagining how much his friend resembles Tyler (with his hair blown out and a slightly different nose)? And then there’s Brett’s babyface. Wow.

I’ve a feeling that if Rocksalt ever sees this pic, the implosion would leave a mountain of purple salt where she’d been sitting.

33C334A1-6CF5-4D8D-ABC5-68526CB265A9.jpeg

The clothes & hairstyles in this picture just totally reminds me of the rich assholes in the '80s classic "Pretty in Pink."  One of them turned out to be a decent guy (in the movie). Let's see if Brett can fully redeem himself by end of BB ;)

(His friend may not be rich nor an asshole. He didn't subject himself to reality TV, so he's already a bit smarter than Brett, most likely!)

Edited by KootieTaw
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

No doubt that Tyler is the strongest of his alliance. But, I think that's the nature of the game and the nature of life. One of the main reasons I love (and hate) BB so much is that it's a microcosm of the real world.

Eric Stein said on the latest RHAP something like every season of BB ends up being one smart person vs a lot of very dumb people. That's just the way the game works.

Going back to Angela, she had a good relationship with Bayleigh (as did KC). Had Bayleigh not opened her mouth about her power she could've been a nice tentative side ally for both those girls as the numbers got down. But Angela's hand was forced once the power was revealed.  

I actually think Brett and Angela are the weakest of Lv4. It's just that Brett is more flashy, which gives him a better chance at winning. Aside from Sam being in love with him I don't think he has many allies outside of his alliance. I can't imagine what Angela's speech in a F2 would be but I'm assuming it would be cold and awful. Whereas I could see Brett using his charm to make an interesting case. I don't think Brett has a chance to get that deep though, barring some late comp run. I could see him going before JC or Sam.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I actually think Brett and Angela are the weakest of Lv4. It's just that Brett is more flashy, which gives him a better chance at winning. Aside from Sam being in love with him I don't think he has many allies outside of his alliance. I can't imagine what Angela's speech in a F2 would be but I'm assuming it would be cold and awful. Whereas I could see Brett using his charm to make an interesting case. I don't think Brett has a chance to get that deep though, barring some late comp run. I could see him going before JC or Sam.

I think Brett is better mostly because he actually makes an effort. He talks individually to almost everyone in the house, at various points throughout the day/week. Angela kind of acts like she couldn't care less about hanging out with anyone. Though yesterday she did spend a lot of time with Haleigh. But I think that was due to Haleigh wanting to get close to Angela and not the other way around.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

It's been 5 days now and I still can't believe Fessy put Scottie on the block. Haha. 

Me either.  He thinks the way to get the money is to win comps.  And the way to get the girl is to eliminate the men.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, RagePaige said:

Also just because you are in a fraternity doesn't mean you are super well off.  A lot of my friends paid for their fraternity and sorority dues by working 1-2 jobs in college.

THIS.  In college I worked as an RA in the dorms, and the other girl in my building was in a sorority but was also an RA.  for the free room and board to help put herself through school.  She had a desk job to pay her sorority fees.  People often stereotype.  One night another RA was talking about all the sorority girls going through Rush while we were doing our orientation, and was annoyed that they were always in her way when she was in a hurry to get somewhere.  She said, "I just want to scream and run over all the rich bitches," and everyone in the room laughed like it was the most hilarious thing in the world.  My friend burst into tears and told everyone that she didn't come from a family with a lot of money and was working as an RA for the free room and board to help put herself through school.  She had a desk job to pay her sorority fees.  The room was silent for the rest of the night, and thankfully several people went up to her and apologized.  People often stereotype.  I've always remembered that, and a few other incidents, that come up all the time when I start to judge and stereotype others and then remember that our first impressions are usually wrong.  Ok, rant over.

The funny thing for me is that I'm another one who's generally been in sync with you, going as far back as my lurking days at TWoP, but I guess this season's just all kinds of haywire. @PhoneCop

Same!  I usually have the same 4-5 people on this board that I mostly agree with, but this season I find myself on the "other team" so to speak.  But that makes it less predictable, and maybe why I am enjoying this season so much.  It's up there with Season 10 as one of my most favorites.  And it really helps that the people aren't assholes that shun, bully, or are horribly racist.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Going back to Angela, she had a good relationship with Bayleigh (as did KC). Had Bayleigh not opened her mouth about her power she could've been a nice tentative side ally for both those girls as the numbers got down. But Angela's hand was forced once the power was revealed.  

Can someone refresh my memory, because I'm drawing a huge blank?  Who's idea was it first to have Bayleigh be the replacement nom?  Angela was the HOH, but I don't remember if it was her idea.  Was it?  And if so, why doesn't she get credit for that?  That was a big move.

7 minutes ago, Slider said:

Can someone refresh my memory, because I'm drawing a huge blank?  Who's idea was it first to have Bayleigh be the replacement nom?  Angela was the HOH, but I don't remember if it was her idea.  Was it?  And if so, why doesn't she get credit for that?  That was a big move.

It was talked about in L6 leading up to the HOH after they found out she had the power that she needed to go up on the block to either force her to use it or flush it out. Then when she won HOH her first one on one was with Tyler who asked her if she was going for Bay like they had spoken about and she confirmed, she briefly thought about Scottie as a target- but then went back to Bay- but Scottie was the 2nd target if they couldn't get Bay. If they could try and convince her not to use her Power App they would backdoor her- KC & Brett I believe also reaffirmed this. KC looked a bit more hesitant only because she liked her as a person- but knew it had to be done because Bay would use the Power App against them not for them. 

JC came in and then said the same thing- but of course I'm sure thinks that it was his move that got her up on the block- not that Level 6 didn't already have this plan in motion the week prior. 

I agree I think she should get more credit then she does- but the problem here is- The Hive cannot see that it isn't about her being The Hacker- it was all about her power app as the reason for her to leave, they just keep harping on this fact. Tyler tried to tell her it doesn't matter if she's The Hacker or not it's about her Power App- but they just didn't want to listen.  

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, cork dork said:

Brett’s zing was “a coded message for her because it came from Zingbot and she was a robot and her robot looks like her.”

There aren't words for how much I love this "logic".

7 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

giphy.gif

JUST FRIENDS!!!!! I love that movie SO much.

1 hour ago, KootieTaw said:

The clothes & hairstyles in this picture just totally reminds me of the rich assholes in the '80s classic "Pretty in Pink."  One of them turned out to be a decent guy (in the movie). Let's see if Brett can fully redeem himself by end of BB ;)

BLANE? His name is BLANE? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I think Scottie is a very good looking guy... until he gets that high pitched voice.  It drives me bonkers. And your voice is your voice..... and I know there's a girl out there that will think it's adorable. lol 

• Love 5

8 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

BLANE? His name is BLANE? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!

LOVE.  As for the picture, I was all - why is there a picture of James Spader and Andrew McCarthy in this BB thread?!?

2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think Scottie is a very good looking guy... until he gets that high pitched voice.  It drives me bonkers. And your voice is your voice..... and I know there's a girl out there that will think it's adorable. lol 

I saw a pre-game interview with him and he was all giddy and squeaky-voiced, and then he was asked a question and his voice suddenly got deep and I was like - yep, I have a crush.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Mr. Vixenstud has a voice like Winnie The Pooh....that being said, I'd quickly machete a bitch that tried to stake a claim on him!

• Love 11

Listening to some of Fessy's conversations yesterday was a study in secondhand embarrassment.  He kept humble-bragging about how awesome his move to evict Scottie is because now... something.  I can't even remember what his "logic" was because it made so little sense it wouldn't stick in my brain!  I could never play BB.  I would have laughed in his face a dozen times over by now.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I agree I think she should get more credit then she does- but the problem here is- The Hive cannot see that it isn't about her being The Hacker- it was all about her power app as the reason for her to leave, they just keep harping on this fact. Tyler tried to tell her it doesn't matter if she's The Hacker or not it's about her Power App- but they just didn't want to listen.  

That’s kind of Angela’s own fault though. She made her whole speech about the hacker when she put Bayleigh on the block.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, green said:

Thanks for that post.  I think that anyone here that still believes Sam is some super gamer merely playing at being crazy really really needs to read the above carefully.  She is not putting on an act.  And production sure as hell is not feeding some Meryl Streep Jr some made up script lines.  A TV writer would NEVER write "crazy" like this.  No.  Sam has a for real problem.

Thank you for reading it. It was the tip of last night’s iceberg.

It’s definitely not an act. She and my sister are very similar; they seem totally sane until the switch gets flipped and once that happens, it’s best to leave the conversation and the area.

4 minutes ago, missyb said:

@cork dork, that was a great post !  Thanks for posting it.

I was concerned it wasn’t going to make sense so thanks to both of you for taking the time to slog through it. 

After it posted, I realized I’d not included what I’d initially planned on due to being sucked in to what was happening. 

I’d been sort of listening while getting ready for bed when I noticed how often Sam the Loon says “I,” “me,” and other identifiers that keep whatever’s being discussed about her or redirects it to her, so I decided to keep a count for a bit.

I counted ten instances in the span of five minutes when she was just getting started with Brett. That’s not normal, so it was impressive she acknowledged JC having told her she was being selfish with thinking her stuff was different than what anyone else was experiencing in the house. 

It didn’t sink in. Her focus on self is intense.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That’s kind of Angela’s own fault though. She made her whole speech about the hacker when she put Bayleigh on the block.

Coming out of lurking....

I agree Angela focused too much on the Hacker when she made her speech.

But I do think Angela realized that she was so hated by her nom of Bay she knew it best to just lay low for a while. No way was she going to be able to build a relationship with Hay while RS was still around spewing hate. Now she has Hay coming to her.

I am also team Brett. Yes, his DR's come off very arrogant. But he is so funny. And he is very self aware. He is also very kind to those in the house. I loved how he went to Scottie the other night when Scottie was hanging by himself in the hammock and no one else was speaking to him.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

True- but other people in the house afterwards tried to point out it wasn't just about The Hacker and Bay refused to listen. She just couldn't grasp the concept that it wasn't just about that. She kept fixating on that- even in her interviews afterwards. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, spotlighting the hacker thing was such a bad move.

It sure seems that way, but then maybe Hay would not have guilt tripped herself into that disastrous house meeting.

Impossible to tell how that meeting not happening would have changed things.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Mr. Vixenstud has a voice like Winnie The Pooh....that being said, I'd quickly machete a bitch that tried to stake a claim on him!

Thanks for that. Now I have Winnie The Pooh's voice stuck  in my head "Oooohooohoo - Take it, baby!"

...and I can't stop giggling.

PS:Appologies to Mr VixenStud...

• Love 4

JC is trying to remember everyone's birthdays (him, angela, tyler and kaycee are outside).

Angela says if you know kaycee's middle name you'll remember her birth month. What's her middle name. Jc says "Kay...... Cee."

Kaycee then says what's her last name, JC should know it.  JC says it's something chinese-ish. Kaycee says no, she's not even chinese. (It's Clark)

• Love 1

(His friend may not be rich nor an asshole. He didn't subject himself to reality TV, so he's already a bit smarter than Brett, most likely!)

Nailed it! Blane and Steff continue to thrive on various college campuses (I still think Brett’s friend bears a striking resemblance to Tyler in that pic). 

It’s a trip that their look is pretty much identical to the many guys my friends and I encountered when we started going to frat parties as seniors in high school back in ‘83-‘84. Girls aren’t still dressing like Madonna in the Lucky Star video, including pounds of black plasticky rubbery bangles on each wrist; at least, I hope they aren’t. Lol. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Thanks for that. Now I have Winnie The Pooh's voice stuck  in my head "Oooohooohoo - Take it, baby!"

...and I can't stop giggling.

LMFAO/choking!  OMG, I must have you!!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

It sure seems that way, but then maybe Hay would not have guilt tripped herself into that disastrous house meeting.

Do you think that meeting changed things either way? They were coming for Haleigh no matter what, no?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

Someone was yelling over the wall into the backyard- Angela, Kaycee, Tyler & JC were outside. They were sent inside and now there is a lockdown. 

I hate that shit. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan. 

However, at least here, there's very little that can even be spoiled now, right?

• Love 1

Anyone know why there's a mattress missing in the pink room?

Sam seems to be starting a weird convo with Kaycee now. 

Kaycee "if you're trying to tell me a secret you're kinda loud"

Sam says she's going to turn in all her cigs tonight and then BB's going to give her a patch tomorrow morning.  She said she's kinda scared.

Kaycee says that's awesome.

Kaycee says she will be there for support and cheer her on and she's very proud of her. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan. 

However, at least here, there's very little that can even be spoiled now, right?

Well I think the 2 things that could be spoiled are Tyler had the 2nd App & He's a superfan? Things he's clearly hiding on purpose. 

Otherwise yea- not much. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Well I think the 2 things that could be spoiled are Tyler had the 2nd App & He's a superfan? Things he's clearly hiding on purpose. 

Otherwise yea- not much. 

Yeah, good call, while I don't think it would even change much in the game (as we're so far along), it POSSIBLY could and that would be super fucked up.

It'd be hilarious if they spoiled that Steve was a cop. :)

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, spotlighting the hacker thing was such a bad move.

Angela’s nom speech focusing solely on L6’s common assumption (of Bae being the Hacker) without verification was probably a major error...

48 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

...but then again, maybe not.  :>

31 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Do you think that meeting changed things either way? They were coming for Haleigh no matter what, no?

Surely - but if you want to avoid getting shot down, it’s generally a good idea to NOT supply your opponents with extra ammunition.  

13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Anyone know why there's a mattress missing in the pink room?

Is Scottie still sleeping on a double-stack?  Last night on BBAD Scottie had taken Hay’s former PBR mattress and princess-and-the-pea’d it on top of his own, but I thought he’d put it back when Hay saw what he’d done (and presumably gotten a little upset over it).  Did Scottie change his mind again and reassemble his double-stacker?

Edited by Nashville
Punctuation
  • Love 4