Type keyword(s) to search

BiP Season 5: Speculation & Spoilers

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm clearly going to the bad place because I'm delighted that Tia and Colton hate each other now. I can't stand either of them. 

I'm going to that bad place as I too love that they hate each other now.   And I also love that fact that Krystal is walking around with a Neal Lane ring on her finger and not Tia as for the last 9 months, that has been what Tia has been working towards and it all blew up in her face on some beach in Mexico.   Only bad thing about that is she'll probably be back for season 6 next summer.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Ynicknan said:

Im sure this isn’t a popular opinion, but I think It’s  a shame that Colton and Tia don’t end up together. I’m not a huge fan of either of them, but I actually think they’d be cute together. 

I watch to see what happens, but if two people are not right for each other, how can anyone outside of the relationship think they should be together?    If they don't end up together, the good thing is that Tia gets closure and doesn't have to spend the rest of her days wishing she could see him again.

• Love 1

I came out of episode one with two thoughts:

- I hope Kendall and Grocery Joe stay together and move in next door to me. There is even an old cemetery nearby. I can trust Kendall to not taxidermy my dog, I think.

- I really want Bibiana and her sensitive uterus to find her Forever Home

But now that I think about it, I mostly want Model Jordan and Chicken Dave to realize they don't want to live without each other

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Oh geeze, and he says The Bachelor franchise made him the man he is today.  What could that be about? 

Awe, did little Colton finally get laid? Or does he mean it made him a common fame whore maintaining the franchise's perfect record of churning out pathetic fame whores year after year. 

• Love 9

So tonight we see the formation of the two engaged couples,  Jenna & Jordan and Krystal & Chris. 

I thought for sure Chris pursued Krystal after he was dumped by Tia but it looks like the other way around, he pursues her right after Tia gave him her rose.  And you know Krystal just loved that and since I can't stand Tia, its all good.

• Love 2

I can't remember if Steve said when Colton leaves, but it can't be soon enough. 

I boycotted Nick's season, so I WILL absolutely boycott next if they make Colton the Bachelor.  I simply cannot stand seeing him on my screen for another minute.  And we get yet MORE of him & Tia tonight.  *sigh*  I hope Jordan's shenanigans can keep me from changing the channel because I definitely want to see how he & Jenna start out.

• Love 4

Maybe we should make a push for Grocery Store Joe to knock Colton out of the lead role;  he's in LA, spending time with Kendall (and Eric too) and has done some interviews.   Maybe he's being prepped for a look see by TPTB for the role. 

I know Kristen Baldwin from Entertainment Weekly is pushing for Wills but after his lackluster stay in Paradise I think that ship has sailed and if they aren't going the Jason/Blake route, then Joe probably is the only person that can keep Colton from getting the job.  

And leighdear, please stick with it as Jordan's trek towards true love forever has got to good for a few laughs.  I know I'm enjoying his time on my TeeVee.   Plus Krystal getting the ring over Tia is going to be good too.  

• Love 4
On 8/12/2018 at 2:20 PM, JudyObscure said:

Oh geeze, and he says The Bachelor franchise made him the man he is today.  What could that be about? 

I wonder if he could sue production for making him that man?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

And leighdear, please stick with it as Jordan's trek towards true love forever has got to good for a few laughs.  I know I'm enjoying his time on my TeeVee.   Plus Krystal getting the ring over Tia is going to be good too.  

Yep, I will just for this.....His modelling demo in the pool last night would have made Zoolander proud!

• Love 6

So I'm trying to figure out how much longer we have to endure Tia/Colton.

We know from the previews for tonight that Colton says no to the 4th new girl to arrive, Jacqueline to go on a date after Tia has a meltdown.   So they must make up, Tia gets Colton's rose and we move on to next week when Raven & Adam arrive for their double date with Tia & Colton that was spoiled in real time by Reality Steve.   

Hopefully this date will be the beginning of the end of their story as I haven't disliked watching two people on this show since Josh Murray slobbered all over Amanda.

• Love 5

So usually I don't care about the backlash these people get on social media as no one forced them to go on TV to find their tru love but part of me is a little concerned for Kendall tonight.

We know from RS that she and Leo were "talking" preshow in LA so its not a surprise to me that when his dumbass arrives, she's open to go out with him.   And this was all filmed before his alleged harassment at work was known.   

And how Jenna goes from melting down over Benoit to accept a proposal from Jordan just days later is just beyond ridiculous but then Carly & Evan's engagement was ridiculous and look at them now with sweet baby Isabelle.

• Love 2

I kinda feel for Kendall too.   Lots of these folks talk before the season, but she really had to bad luck to connect with such a loser like Leo.  She doesn't seem the type to have a planned agenda for this show, though we could be wrong, and she's a top-level manipulator.  

The has-beens that come on tonight are just a waste of time for me.  I don't care about seeing or hearing from any of them. 

I think ABC is just desperate for anything new they can throw in this show to make it seem less stale and transparently ridiculous.  The crap they're coming up with is just not worth the expense & air time.  Idiots.  

4 minutes ago, leighdear said:

The has-beens that come on tonight are just a waste of time for me.  I don't care about seeing or hearing from any of them. 

Besides Leo and Ben-Wah, do we know who is coming.  I'm assuming first night Kamil comes as Anneleise ends up with him in the fantasy suite.  Guess she takes Kenny's rose and dumps him for Kamil.     Oh well.

Oh, RS says in his new blog that on the upcoming Tia/Colton and Raven/Adam double date,  Raven tells Tia that she can do way better than Colton.   Now that's actually a conversation I want to hear as that sounds hysterical.   And you know Raven probably has been wanting to say something about ole Colton for awhile.  

• Love 2

The way they do this -  find out who someone would LIKE to see in Paradise, wait until the person has started some sort of "thing"  with someone else, then, introduce the "crush" to Paradise, to instigate drama - seems mean-spirited.   I get it, it makes for DRAMA, but I wish the producers wouldn't be quite so manipulative. 

• Love 4

And they crashed & burned a few weeks later.....

Clare is one of the few people in this franchise I did have sympathy for, even though she kept going back & trying again.  I hope she's given up on these stupid shows.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
On 8/14/2018 at 7:23 AM, leighdear said:

I boycotted Nick's season, so I WILL absolutely boycott next if they make Colton the Bachelor.  I simply cannot stand seeing him on my screen for another minute. 

One of the things that annoyed me no end about Nick was the way he pursed his lips and/or kind of smirked during his THs.  And I've noticed that Colton does it, too.  They look exactly alike, only they don't look anything like each other.

• Love 5

I don’t think people should harass Kendall on SM, and I hope her super intuitive self doesn’t get any dick pics either.   Sorry, but she’s a naive fucking moron for falling for that greasy ass Neanderthal looking fucker.  Now I’m off to see what words of wisdom baby Beckah has. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

One of the things that annoyed me no end about Nick was the way he pursed his lips and/or kind of smirked during his THs.  And I've noticed that Colton does it, too.  They look exactly alike, only they don't look anything like each other.

Yes ! They do have that same obnoxious smirk that makes everything they say seem disingenuine ( kidding , I know it ends in OUS) 

• Love 3

So random tidbits I found trolling the net after a bad day at work last night:

Chelsea seems to have started up something with Nick and his track suit post show;  she's been flying down to Florida to be with him.  RS thinks they might announce that they are dating on the post show reunion.   Why Chelsea, why!?!   Actually who knows, maybe real life Nick is a catch.  He is an attorney after all.   

Wells said that one couple not making it at the end shocks everyone.   So that's probably either Kendall/Joe or Astrid/Kevin.   We know that both couples have been seen with each other post filming so whatever caused the "break up" it didn't last.   Though I did see tons of "Grocery Store Joe" for the Bachelor so you know he'd say "so long" to Kendall if he truly is in the running.

RS never seems to have an idea of who is in the running for the next lead but he doesn't think it will be Colton or Wills.   I guess time will tell on that.

• Love 1

I think the ABC folks have a monkey throw a dart at a board with balloons covering ex contestant photos.  Whichever balloon the monkey pops uncovers the new Bachelor.  

I seriously think it has become that random, based on recent history. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

When is this crapfest over? Because that is when we will find out who the next lead is.

Dancing with the Stars starts on Monday, September 24 so that probably means the finale will be September 17 with maybe a reunion on September 18;  that's awfully late for a Bachelor announcement so I'm guessing they'll do what they did with Arie and put the new bachelor on Good Morning America, maybe the Monday after Labor day, September 10.

My thoughts on whether I'll be tuning in:

Will watch:

Jason, Blake, Joe

Will not watch:

Ben H

Maybe:

Colton

• Love 5

I did not watch Ben H. the first time. Well, maybe 5-10 minutes. When I realized it seemed boring, I skipped the season, except for the last episode (where someone gets dumped and someone "wins").

Dancing with the Stars starts on Monday, September 24 so that probably means the finale will be September 17 with maybe a reunion on September 18;  that's awfully late for a Bachelor announcement so I'm guessing they'll do what they did with Arie and put the new bachelor on Good Morning America, maybe the Monday after Labor day, September 10.

My thoughts on whether I'll be tuning in:

Will watch:

Jason, Blake, Joe

Will not watch:

Ben H

Maybe:

Colton

Exactly the same with me!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, adhoc said:

I did not watch Ben H. the first time. Well, maybe 5-10 minutes. When I realized it seemed boring, I skipped the season, except for the last episode (where someone gets dumped and someone "wins").

I think you have that backwards.

• Love 2

So Chris Harrison tweeted out a picture with Jason and Jason Mesnick meeting at a golf tournament in Seattle with the caption "my two favorite Jasons" or something stupid like that.   Makes me think that even though its been awhile since Jason has been on TV,  he's def still a strong contender for the next lead. 

I wish they would just announce but maybe they are waiting to see what kind of response Colton and Joe's stories get as Paradise continues.   

• Love 3

So Chris Harrison tweeted out a picture with Jason and Jason Mesnick meeting at a golf tournament in Seattle with the caption "my two favorite Jasons" or something stupid like that. 

I'm just going to assume he doesn't know any other Jason. 

• Love 5
(edited)

So tonight's episode description reads:

One woman bounces between two men, risking heartbreak; a woman finally agrees to go on a date with the man she was initially waiting for; a bachelor leaves a distraught woman behind.

bouncing woman: Kendall or Jenna 

woman on a date:  Krystal as we have a sneak peek of her telling Connor she's been waiting for him to arrive.  Me: I wonder how ole Goose feels about that.   

leaving bachelor:  COLTON as I believe RS said this is his last week;  I feel like I'll be doing the snoopy dance of joy in my living room tonight (or tomorrow night as you know its going to be a cliff hanger when he finally leaves).   

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Who is Conner?  The hipster doofus with the bobs big boy hair?

Also, he somehow lost the ability to button his shirts up.  It's tragic.

• Love 5
On 8/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, CindyBee said:

They announced Nick pretty late from what I remember.  Do you recall how late (because I certainly can't!)?  

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

They announced Nick pretty late from what I remember.  Do you recall how late (because I certainly can't!)?  

Ick was "announced" on one of the last "after paradise" episodes.  They brought him out & got a mixed reaction from the audience who were expecting Luke Pell.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Ick was "announced" on one of the last "after paradise" episodes.  They brought him out & got a mixed reaction from the audience who were expecting Luke Pell.  

And he was still romancing what's her name, I think it was Jen, so for those that weren't spoiled it was like "what, isn't he on my TV happily dating some brunette?".  It was all very awkward.  

• Love 2

So Reality Steve tweeted out the Reunion special is being taped tomorrow so he thinks the finale is next week, September 3/4.   I really can't see it being over that quickly as we still have Olivia, Cassandra, and Shusannas arrival, Jade/Tanner and Carly/Evan allowing Joe & Kendall to watch their babies,  and lots of departures like Eric, Kevin, Astrid, Joe, Kendall, etc plus three engagements to get through.   My thought is the finale will be September 10/11

• Love 2

Dancing with the Stars doesn't start until September 24th.  From memory, when one of the Bachelor franchise season ends, DTWS starts right away.  What would they do on the 17th if BiP ends before that?

• Love 1

I think this tells us that Arie won't be on DWTS, so tying the end of the Bachelor season and Paradise to the beginning of DWTS isn't necessary this year.   The seasons they had Sean, Chis and Nick on DWTS, they kept the time frames closer.    

14 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Dancing with the Stars doesn't start until September 24th.  From memory, when one of the Bachelor franchise season ends, DTWS starts right away.  What would they do on the 17th if BiP ends before that?

Not sure what ABC is going to do with September 17/18 yet.    RS did confirm on Twitter last night that the finale is September 10/11 so 2 weeks after the reunion special is taped tonight.  Not sure if he'll bother spoiling the taping but hopefully they'll be a couple of good pieces of news coming out of it.  And I wonder if Leo will be there!?!

And sorry that I got ahead of myself and thought that the Tia/Colton story line was ending but at least they weren't on last night.  Guess their long good bye will be the highlight (or lowlight) of the September 3/4 episodes.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, marynotjane said:

So how many people believe that Jordan is interested in females? or anyone?

I keep going back & forth.  He seems to enjoy kissing Jenna, but that could be for the cameras.  They seem to be playing to them a lot.  He may be into girls, boys, plushies or just anything pretty.  Hard to tell.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Lets see if I can do a better job of guessing tonight's episode description:

A guy is hurt when his girlfriend kisses another man; four men battle over one bachelorette; a new arrival shakes things up.

The hurt guy:  Joe (see below)

Four men battle: I was going to say Jenna but a preview clip has been just released of Venmo John making a move on Kendall as he's a bit worried about not getting a rose.  To say their kiss is awkward is an understatement.   No idea who the fourth guy is.  Maybe Benoit

New arrival: Cassandra (I think that was her in the preview clip) Couple that gets shook up: Eric & Angela

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I keep going back & forth.  He seems to enjoy kissing Jenna, but that could be for the cameras.  They seem to be playing to them a lot.  He may be into girls, boys, plushies or just anything pretty.  Hard to tell.  

I know how much editing and scripting is involved, but whatever they choose to air with Jordan, he seems to have some issues. Not only because he behaves like a toddler, but he looks and walks like one, lol! Seriously he seems way out of place in a social environment.

• Love 2