Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Amor Vincit Omnia

Athena

(edited)

In the sweeping series finale, passions run high as the Sensates and their closest allies fight to save the cluster and stop their enemies for good.

Edited by Athena

Well, I had to stay up and watch as soon as it was available. There's so much, and I felt every emotion. I'll have to watch again (and again) for details, but a few things right now:

Netflix, I'm so grateful for this wrap up. At ~2-1/2 hours, it was longer than expected, which allowed a lot of material.

and

Netflix, I'm so bloody pissed at you for canceling in the first place. There was so much covered, and I really would have liked to see it unfold over the originally planned 3 additional seasons (or even one more) rather than packed into one super-sized episode/movie.

That said, I thought it was a great balance of action and personal moments (with a crazy body count), and I loved it. I think they got everyone in there for at least a moment; I even saw Mr. Kabaka among the wedding guests (though not his daughter). It was beautiful.

• Love 16
(edited)

I loved it.

Thank you,  Justmehere.  I feel the same way.  Your words rock. 

ETA: I laughed for a solid minute at Rajan's expression after Kala told him everything.   

My heart sings with joy.  

Thank you Netflix and Sense8 fans.  I still want more, but this is gold. 

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 11

It may be a small hope, but I'm still hoping there's some miracle that gives us more. Twitter is active, change.org petition started, reports that Netflix is watching to see what happens. If it matches or exceeds what happened after the initial cancellation (along with big viewing #s), who knows? Even if it takes time to come together (getting the cast back), it would be worth it. We've waited before.

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved it. There was one moment that made me go "WTF?!", but then I just said "let it go and enjoy". Which I did. It was fantastic. I wish we were getting another season, but I am happy that we got the film.

Wolfgang patting the bed was wonderful. 

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 4
(edited)

I was already tearing up from watching the promo on the front page of Netflix.

Loved Capheus dancing while painting the van. It was a hilariously light moment amid all the tension. For the same reason, I loved seeing everyone pretend to be happy tourists in their bright clothes on the bus (Wolfgang's pink jean jacket totally cracked me up!) and then Will as Kala teaching Rajan how to use a gun (after telling him that what he picked up was a taser).

I like that Rajan, although overwhelmed, believed Kala when she explained what she and the cluster are. I also was pleasantly surprised that he accepted Kala's connection with Wolfgang so easily. Wolfgang has known about Rajan so he has had time to get used to the situation, but Rajam finds out that his wife is a different species, communicates with her psychic family when they aren't even in the same room, AND that she has a special boyfriend and he's totally cool with all of it. When Kala introduced Rajan to Felix and then Felix gave Wolfgang a look and Wolfgang simply said, "It's complicated," and Rajan gave an agreeing nod, I was like damn, Rajan is a not jealous at all? I was ready for them to find a way to become a throuple so I was here for the threesome at the end. I love that Rajan and Wolfgang's love for Kala brought them together instead of pitting them against each other.

I loved all of the scenes with the cluster plus their friends and significant others. I love whenever all eight members of the cluster get to be together, but seeing them with the others (Dani, Hernando, Neets, Bug, Mun, Felix, Diego, Rajan, etc) made me a little teary seeing the extended family that they have formed, bringing together all of these people who otherwise never would have met each other.

And then the cynical side of me started to worry about which one of the non-cluster people would end up dying in the finale. In a perfect world, they would all survive this episode but I thought better one of the others than one of the cluster. Then I cursed myself for thinking that when Lila shot Kala. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kala trying to tell Wolfgang and Rajan how to help her reminded me of Joey on Friends saying, "The only doctor who could save me...was me."

LOVE LOVE LOVE that Sun's idea of introducing Mun to her family was the dog. I also loved how excited Capheus got when he got a fist bump from Sun and felt the power of Van Damme.

I loved everything about the wedding from Amanita's mom walking her own the aisle and Bug walking Nomi down the aisle to Riley's dad playing the piano while everyone looked on so proudly. I don't buy that Nomi's mom suddenly became super accepting after a pot brownie, but whatever, it's the series finale so I'll take it.

The one thing that made no sense to me was that Wolfgang's father said that Wolfgang's mother was also his sister. At first I thought it was going to be an incest storyline but then Wolfgang's mother said that her mother married that guy and then started coming after her. If that's the case, then she and Wolfgang's father are not biologically related and therefore she is not both Wolfgang's mother and sister.

I was also annoyed that Jonas waited until the last possible second to tell Will the whole story about Angelica and BPO. Okay, fine, he made her a promise blah blah blah but he's known for a while that Will and the cluster are trustworthy and trying to take down BPO but he STILL didn't tell them the truth until he was about to die? Come on, Jonas.

I loved Dani reading Whispers for filth. I'm glad she got that badass moment.

I know that things got wrapped up neatly and that there were certain aspects that felt expected (must have a music scene, must have a sex scene, must have multiple fight scenes), but I felt like those things were done to please the fans (because we know that if those things hadn't been included, people would have complained!).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The one thing that made no sense to me was that Wolfgang's father said that Wolfgang's mother was also his sister. At first I thought it was going to be an incest storyline but then Wolfgang's mother said that her mother married that guy and then started coming after her. If that's the case, then she and Wolfgang's father are not biologically related and therefore she is not both Wolfgang's mother and sister.

It made sense to me, because Wolfgang hates that nobody (especially his uncle) tried to protect his mother (and him) from the years of abuse that his father subjected them to on a daily basis. His mother was this young girl, who after years of abuse by his father, tells her young son that "She isn't worth it."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vixenbynight said:

It made sense to me, because Wolfgang hates that nobody (especially his uncle) tried to protect his mother (and him) from the years of abuse that his father subjected them to on a daily basis. His mother was this young girl, who after years of abuse by his father, tells her young son that "She isn't worth it."

I understand why Wolfgang hated his father and uncle. What I don't understand is why his father said that Wolfgang's mother was also his sister because she isn't.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I understand why Wolfgang hated his father and uncle. What I don't understand is why his father said that Wolfgang's mother was also his sister because she isn't.

Maybe he said it, because he lived for terrorizing, taunting and abusing his wife and child.

• Love 3

I loved it. Far exceeded my hopes and definitely obliterated my fears. I admit I didn't think they could put together a wrap-up that I'd find satisfying, and I was totally wrong.

I loved Bug's shirt: Weird but Nice

I think Wolfgang's father said that bit about his mom is his sister (instead of his "step-sister") because he wanted to inflict the maximum pain. It was horrible either way, but the way he said it made it worse, and that's what kind of person he was; he wanted to inflict maximum pain on everyone.

• Love 6
(edited)

I loved it. It was so fanservicey - but in the best way possible. So many characters brought back, so many call backs to the other 2 seasons.

I panicked when Lila shot Kala, I really thought for a second they were going to kill her off.#

I loved everything about the wedding scene, with everyone being there together, I liked seeing Angelica there in the circle, and Lana cameoing in the background

I loved that end montage of moments from the relationships - especially Nomi and Amanita's first meeting and I loved the music over that scene.

Edited by Hybridcookie
  • Love 5
(edited)

Bravo!!! I enjoyed the hell out of that, and I'm not sure I would have had they dragged this story out over 3 more seasons. To finish in 2 1/2 hours they had to keep the story tight, and they did a great job. 

And now I want to go to an Eiffel Tower wedding.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4

I'm glad we got closure but I can't say I loved it. I didn't understand what was the point of Wolfgang's flashbacks and I don't buy Rajan's reaction to Wolfgang and Kala's relationship. Also, I don't know if the mythology makes sense, but it's too boring to try. 

Things I loved: Sun and her supercute boyfriend and her dog, that guy with the Sun-wig, the gang pretending to be tourists, Hernando trying to understand the cluster stuff and Dani turning Whispers into her bitch. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I like that Rajan, although overwhelmed, believed Kala when she explained what she and the cluster are. I also was pleasantly surprised that he accepted Kala's connection with Wolfgang so easily. Wolfgang has known about Rajan so he has had time to get used to the situation, but Rajam finds out that his wife is a different species, communicates with her psychic family when they aren't even in the same room, AND that she has a special boyfriend and he's totally cool with all of it. When Kala introduced Rajan to Felix and then Felix gave Wolfgang a look and Wolfgang simply said, "It's complicated," and Rajan gave an agreeing nod, I was like damn, Rajan is a not jealous at all? I was ready for them to find a way to become a throuple so I was here for the threesome at the end. I love that Rajan and Wolfgang's love for Kala brought them together instead of pitting them against each other.

I loved all of the scenes with the cluster plus their friends and significant others. I love whenever all eight members of the cluster get to be together, but seeing them with the others (Dani, Hernando, Neets, Bug, Mun, Felix, Diego, Rajan, etc) made me a little teary seeing the extended family that they have formed, bringing together all of these people who otherwise never would have met each other.

I loved Dani reading Whispers for filth. I'm glad she got that badass moment.

At some point I started thinking "the cluster has a cluster" - I may be miscounting, but it seems like there are 8 vanilla human friends/lovers.

I loved Dani's moment too. She's the one character I had trouble embracing in the first season, but I fully love her now.

And when Bug thanked Nomi for being his family - I may have ugly cried.

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think Wolfgang's father said that bit about his mom is his sister (instead of his "step-sister") because he wanted to inflict the maximum pain. It was horrible either way, but the way he said it made it worse, and that's what kind of person he was; he wanted to inflict maximum pain on everyone.

Exactly what I was thinking of.

3 hours ago, Hybridcookie said:

I loved it. It was so fanservicey - but in the best way possible. So many characters brought back, so many call backs to the other 2 seasons.

I panicked when Lila shot Kala, I really thought for a second they were going to kill her off.#

I loved everything about the wedding scene, with everyone being there together, I liked seeing Angelica there in the circle, and Lana cameoing in the background

I loved that end montage of moments from the relationships - especially Nomi and Amanita's first meeting and I loved the music over that scene.

I know - they included everything we loved about the show - and yet it all made sense and tied together. Well, sometimes it was a little confusing as to who was where in person or cluster-mode.

I cried all through the wedding scene, it was so lovely. Didn't quite buy Nomi's mom's conversion, but it was fine. It was a feel good thing. I loved that Bug met someone, and wished Felix had too. But I suppose if they got all the single friends hooked up it would be over the top. And Bug was a continual delight throughout the show.

Loved the rocket launcher, I was waiting for it to pay off and man did it ever. It was an exceptionally high body count - very Matrixy of them.

There may be more, but I literally just finished watching and couldn't wait. I'm very happy that I binged through all the second season this last week. It got me more excited than I had been in the first place.

I very much liked Rajan's acceptance of Wolfgang. Surprising, perhaps. But yet another warm, accepting embrace of the many ways love manifests itself.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Bravo!!! I enjoyed the hell out of that, and I'm not sure I would have had they dragged this story out over 3 more seasons. To finish in 2 1/2 hours they had to keep the story tight, and they did a great job. 

And now I want to go to an Eiffel Tower wedding.

Same and I loved the wedding dresses for Neets and Nomi. Especially Nomi's dress. I literally gasped when I saw it.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I very much liked Rajan's acceptance of Wolfgang. Surprising, perhaps. But yet another warm, accepting embrace of the many ways love manifests itself.

I think that Rajan was receptive, because he came to the same conclusion (as how Neets, Hernando and Dani) had once they also found out about the cluster: That these other 7 folks have helped the person that they love to thrive and isn't that wonderful for them and their relationship.

• Love 5
(edited)

I didn't know if they could pull off a satisfying conclusion, but for me, they did. Oh, I don't know that I fully understood what was going on with BPO or Angelica and Jonas, but ultimately I didn't really care. I cared that our sensates and their sidekicks kicked ass and were alive and happy in the end.

Speaking of sidekicks, Dani, Puck and his wig, Bug, Hernando, Rajan, Amanita and Det. Mun all had some great moments. 

I suspect there would have been much more angst with Rajan/Kala/Wolfgang if the show had continued, but since this was the end, I was glad that Rajan accepted Wolfgang. I loved them dancing together on the Eiffel Tower. 

I loved the touches of humor such as Capheus painting the bus and the tourist get ups. 

Edited by Evie
  • Love 11

I honestly expected the wedding to be not just Nomi and Amanita, but also Will/Riley, Lido/Hernando/Dani, and maybe also Sun/Mun, Caphaeus/his GF from home, Wolfgang to Kala/Rajan, or possibly the entire group to each other. It interested me that they chose to play it as a fairly traditional wedding, without even showing much visiting or empathic sharing among the clustermates.

I think there was ecstasy in that brownie, not marijuana.

• Love 4
(edited)

The most surprising thing about the finale is that Rajan continued to be a stand up guy.   The most hilarious scene for me was when Kala was shooting the dude and he just looked at her for a minute in awe and then asked her to teach him how to shoot a gun.  That just made me laugh out loud. 

I really liked all the crossover talk and all the sidekicks trying to figure out what was actually happening and when Amanita finally saw Nomi kick some ass and her reaction as well.

And yes the Rocket launcher was awesome.

As beautiful as I hoped and not as rushed as I feared and it even managed to get in one last orgy for good measure.  This show could have gone on for several more seasons but the two hour finale at least ended the show in a beautiful and hopeful fashion that was true to all the characters both sapien and Sense8

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
(edited)

They definitely crammed a lot of mythos and character beats in this last one. I dont think my heart has ever swelled so big while watching a show. I never wanted it to end.

I loved Dani’s speech, it was nice that her story came full circle. Loved after Rajan found out. Everyone’s faces were priceless. Loved that the cluster’s cluster were so understanding. I wonder if we werent so pressed for time, who wouldnt have believed the story.

Did we ever have a moment of just the 8 together, in one place, without their sidekicks? I kinda wish the last scene wasnt of the dildo but of the 8 together safe and happy. There didnt even need to be words. Oh well, I’ll cross my fingers for a return of Sense8 and a single scene of them together. I wish we had more character beats too, but alas, I will also take what I can get.

I love Sun and the Detective. Their love story was my favorite. He broke the law for her. She left her phone on for him. He met the family. Sun’s dog was in the finale! I’m in love.

I hope someday they reveal what the storylines of the other seasons would have been. How long would the Sense8’s been without Wolfgang. How long would it have taken to clear Sun’s name. Which Cluster sidekick wouldnt have believed the story, or other parents we would have met. Or the Mythos of the Sense8s...damn you Netflix. This is going to haunt me for awhile.

This show is going to be the show I judge all other ensemble shows on.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Didn't quite buy Nomi's mom's conversion, but it was fine. It was a feel good thing

It was abrupt. I choose to think she was so rigidly controlled that she couldn't bring herself to express anything against the grain, and the pot or whatever just took the shackles off - especially if she'd never indulged before. I suspect that when not stoned, she'd hedge some and then slowly come around. Her husband already did, so that would help wear her down.

Separate note: Out of so many great moments, one of my favorites was the big dinner with everyone in that ridiculously gorgeous house in the French countryside. Wolfgang's speech was very moving, but also just, a moment of enjoyment and togetherness, not running, not chasing, not fighting, just enjoying each other, in person, sapiens and sensates together.

• Love 6

I loved this. I loved every minute. It was a bit long, but I'm kind of glad.

I adore Riley's dad. He's so sweet. I've been listening to KK on Spotify. I don't understand Icelandic, but it's still great.

I would like to know how to label Dani, because I feel like it would apply to me (tmi, maybe). I currently identify as hetromantic asexual, but what Dani/Lido/Hernando have is more what interests me. I think Dani is ace. She's never sought sex through the whole thing. I've never found the right words for it. Polyam hetrom ace with a gay sex kink? (Tmi?)

Speaking of polyam, I appreciate the various positive representations of polyam relationships. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Helena Dax said:

I'm glad we got closure but I can't say I loved it. I didn't understand what was the point of Wolfgang's flashbacks and I don't buy Rajan's reaction to Wolfgang and Kala's relationship. Also, I don't know if the mythology makes sense, but it's too boring to try. 

Things I loved: Sun and her supercute boyfriend and her dog, that guy with the Sun-wig, the gang pretending to be tourists, Hernando trying to understand the cluster stuff and Dani turning Whispers into her bitch. 

The major issue is the fact that the show had to likely change most of their plans in order to try to satisfy everyone for these last two and a half hours. I can't imagine they would have planned for Rajan to be immediately accepting of Kala, her cluster, and Wolfgang especially. However, why leave the final couple of hours on such a sour note of Rajan walking away from Kala? That would be mighty depressing, so I can see why they chose the path that they did. I don't know if Wolfgang's flashbacks were necessary, but I think, if the show had continued, they would want wanted to explore his history more, so this was their way of doing it, especially while he was captured. I guess we can just blame Netflix for forcing the showrunners to go this route in order to try to wrap everything up instead of continuing on the path that they were on, where things would have had more time to breathe and grow. 

Which is why, though not pleased about it myself, I accepted the choice to have all the allies of the cluster find out and accept the truth immediately. There was simply no time to have any of them hesitate and doubt at first. Plus, if they had doubted, we wouldn't have gotten to see the clusters and their family work together against BPO.

Also, I gotta admit, Rajan was awesome all the way through. I laughed at several of his choices, especially him asking Kala to teach him how to shoot a gun. I also think they kind of left that story a bit open ended. You can interpret their future in several ways, so it wasn't completely wrapped up in a neat bow. For now, the arrangement works because they were just in danger and they're just getting the chance to be happy and to relax. However, a few weeks after this, who knows? Once the euphoria for him wears off, he and Kala might start having problems. But that's a story best left offscreen. Plus, it was kind of awesome to see that polyamorous relationship start to manifest. It was something that I never even expected for this show to do. I love when shows surprise me, and Sense8 has always surprised me in the best possible way.

The finale wasn't perfect, but it was satisfying. Knowing that this is likely it, I find it harder to seriously criticize.I know it had its issues, but I really did love it overall. My biggest disappointment is so little done with Jonas. I think he could have been an interesting, fleshed out character if they had another season. I wish they fleshed him out more here, but at the same time, I would have hated if he took away from the cluster. 

So many wonderful moments in the finale. I don't think I can cover everything in this single post, either. All I know is that they did their very best to write this finale for the fans, and I think they did the best job that they could. 

I can say that I loved all of the romances here. Sun and Mun are amazing together. I wasn't sure how much I shipped them for season 2, but I know I hardcore cheered them on here. All of the romances, for me, are shippable, but what helps with that (when others shows have failed at) is not having them the front and center of a show, and not taking away from the story or characters themselves. A couple like Riley/Will would typically annoy me, but they never received too much screentime, and the way their relationship developed just worked. 

All of the family behind the cluster got to shine. I wish Hernando got more to do, but he got to suggest the Trojan Horse plan, so I can't complain. I loved Dani's moment to shine, when she figuratively kicked Whispers' ass. 

And, as always, my favourite moments are when the entire cluster is together. I love how they also incorporated the non-sensates as well. The dinner scene was simply amazing. 

I even like the rocket launcher ending the BPO stuff, as well as Jonas' last remaining cluster member risking his life to kill the Chairman. 

Of course, there are still open ended threads, like Capheus' political campaign and everything Rajan and Kala, but I get them not finding a way to fit that in, as it would have been forced. They barely managed to explain Sun's storyline, but they found a way to make it work. 

I'm glad Netflix allowed them to make a final episode to conclude their story. I'm more impressed that they gave them a whole 2 and a half hours to do. 

• Love 9

When I first heard about the finale, I thought it would be 60-90 minutes so I was surprised that Netflix gave the show two and a half hours to wrap everything up. Even though I’m still annoyed that they canceled the show, I really appreciate that the finale had enough time to give us closure on BPO and give all of the characters a happy and hopeful ending. 

• Love 5

I just finished watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will admit, I was lost with some of the major plot points, but I did not mind because the characters are like family to me. I had them back for two and half hours. 

Too tired to go deep into my major likes and what confused me. Maybe tomorrow.

And I am so glad that everyone lived!

• Love 8

I actually liked that Rajan and everybody else got on board right away. For me, the affirmation of a variety of types of love and relationship structures was one of the big draws for the show. If we had to watch angst and conflict about that stuff, it would have been a major buzzkill. We can see people have exclusive two person couples any time, any where. We can see jealousy and resentment and people being stressed out about who loves who, pretty much every day of our lives. But seeing the depth of friendships (like Felix and Wolfgang) and the depth of commitment in marriage, expressed in a variety of configurations, and all honored equally, to me was really joyous. Loyalty and love without any limits is rare, and I liked this show creating a space to suggest it as a possibility at least.

• Love 20
(edited)

Yeah they dropped a couple stories outright most notably the African election and they sped up a couple of stories most notably the Sun and Nun romance.  The  explanation of Sensates to the sidekicks was spe through pretty quickly with little resistance.  You could probably see all the places longer stories were being set up.  But for the most part the finale was everything I wanted it to be and it had everything I watch this show for.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

So, what are the loose ends of the finale?

- Rajan's corruption arc. We never know if it's safe for him and Kala to return to India nor what happened to her family when BPO contacted them.

- Capheus' political campaign. 

- The arc around Sun's brother and her fugitive status got resolved in a few throwaway lines, but obviously it was cut short since the corrupt politician had just been introduced in the original season two finale.

And Lito's Hollywood movie! 

16 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I didn't really need those Wolfgang childhood flashbacks. I thought those were unnecessary.

I think they did have to go into it, though. Wolfgang has never cared much for his personal safety, and was also self-deprecating when he insisted Kala should marry Rajan because he wasn't worthy of her. Now the main story is them trying to get Wolfgang back and instead he's taunting the Chairman to kill him and telling Kala to forget about the rescue, he's not worth it. So we see where that comes from (plus why he killed his father and uncle), and we see how far he comes when Rajan accepts him as worthy.

Anyway, I loved it! They had to info-dump a few times in order to tie everything together, but that makes more sense, in some ways, than drawing everything out by being mysterious (looking at you, Jonas!).

The body count was insane. Mostly  BPO goons, but a lot of gut shots for our heroes, too—Felix (again!), Mun (again!), and Kala. I was so relieved when Lila blew up, though, and Whispers with her! 

So much love and family and friendship to go around—plus music and dancing, food and drink, and sex. This show was an absolute joy, and different from anything I've ever seen. What a crime it was cut short, but I'm so grateful we got the wrap up. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I actually liked that Rajan and everybody else got on board right away. For me, the affirmation of a variety of types of love and relationship structures was one of the big draws for the show. If we had to watch angst and conflict about that stuff, it would have been a major buzzkill. We can see people have exclusive two person couples any time, any where. We can see jealousy and resentment and people being stressed out about who loves who, pretty much every day of our lives. But seeing the depth of friendships (like Felix and Wolfgang) and the depth of commitment in marriage, expressed in a variety of configurations, and all honored equally, to me was really joyous. Loyalty and love without any limits is rare, and I liked this show creating a space to suggest it as a possibility at least.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It is what drew me to the show. I'm straight and monogamous myself, but I love seeing the different manifestations of love, both romantic and familial.

7 hours ago, ahisma said:

I think they did have to go into it, though. Wolfgang has never cared much for his personal safety, and was also self-deprecating when he insisted Kala should marry Rajan because he wasn't worthy of her. Now the main story is them trying to get Wolfgang back and instead he's taunting the Chairman to kill him and telling Kala to forget about the rescue, he's not worth it. So we see where that comes from (plus why he killed his father and uncle), and we see how far he comes when Rajan accepts him as worthy.

Good point. I hadn't really thought much about it (except for noticing that he was echoing his mother's own lack of self-worth). But this makes sense.

4 hours ago, nosleepforme said:
11 hours ago, 90PercentGravity said:

I would like to know how to label Dani, because I feel like it would apply to me (tmi, maybe). I currently identify as hetromantic asexual, but what Dani/Lido/Hernando have is more what interests me. I think Dani is ace. She's never sought sex through the whole thing. I've never found the right words for it. Polyam hetrom ace with a gay sex kink? (Tmi?)

Dani masturbated to Lito and Hernando though. But their threesome relationship is kind of fascinating. 

From what my ace daughter has told me, she has a strong libido, she's just not interested in physically connecting in that intimate manner with another person.  So having Dani masturbate but not get physically involved made sense to me. Dani was off putting to me at first because I thought she was more into it for titillation and was kind of boundary free, but once I realized how much she actually loved Lito and Hernando, I grew to love her too.

• Love 11
(edited)

When it comes to Dani I think the show wanted to give her a happy ending relationship wise so they incorporated her into a threesome which was somewhat realistic.   Maybe that had been the plan all along to show how Lido and Hernado were homosexual but loved her regardless of her gender or maybe she would have found romance with someone in the cluster that Riley was going to eventually have or even Bug (who was also quickly paired with Domi's sister to give him a happy ending).    I don't have a problem with any of the pairings the show ended with they made sense even if they were sped up to the point where they were they seemed a little weird.  Still l think the show wanted and needed to incorporate all the main characters (minus Bug) into the Orgy.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

When it comes to Dani I think the show wanted to give her a happy ending relationship wise so they incorporated her into a threesome which was somewhat realistic.   Maybe that had been the plan all along to show how Lido and Hernado were homosexual but loved her regardless of her gender or maybe she would have found romance with someone in the cluster that Riley was going to eventually have or even Bug (who was also quickly paired with Domi's sister to give hi

I think Dani was pretty well incorporated and a definite part of Lito and Hernando's "family" for both seasons. My take is that they were showing a very specific sort of relationship which, as I understand it, is not uncommon.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Dani masturbated to Lito and Hernando though. But their threesome relationship is kind of fascinating. 

It was already mentioned above, but I'll confirm, aces do masturbate and get turned on, they just aren't sexually attracted to other people.

• Love 4

Lady Calypso, I adored your entire post. Just sorry I couldn't give it more than one "love." 

Really enjoyed the episode w/ all the love and just a pinch of violence sprinkled throughout. We got both Checkov's taser and rocket launcher(!), so nothing to complain about there. My biggest disappointment - no "What's Up." I thought they could have done it at the wedding, or, hell, over the closing credits. In The Media thread, someone posted a clip of Linda Perry playing it at the viewing party. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So happy that I finally got to see the finale! I laughed! I cried! I cheered! It was everything I love about this show pushed into one two hour special. You can certainly tell that they were trying to shove in as many plot points as possible, and rushing through things to get to the happy ending, but I cant blame them for that, and while we didnt get a conclusion to every story, its really impressive how much they did manage to squeeze in, and how they gave us a good wrap up to the various plot lines, and gave us all that great character stuff that we love this show for. This is a show where I dont get that wrapped up in plot stuff and how everything works, and just go along with the ride, as the show is far more interested in emotions and character than in explaining the plot and backstory. I love these characters so much, I could just watch them make dinner and have a ping pong tournament and be thrilled. 

I did not see the Rajan/Wolfgang/Kala stuff ending that way at all, but, looking back at it, I totally should have. "I guess we could spend a bunch of time with this angsty love triangle, OR, and go with me here, we just have everyone have sex and be happy instead!" is the most Sense8 thing to ever Sense8. Surprising, but I loved it. Really, why dont more love triangles end this way? Stop the angst and drama, and get with the three ways! Just cut out the middle man and give the fanfic writers what they want. Rajans reaction to the whole thing, and soon being totally down, was rushed, but I loved it and how the whole thing worked out. I always thought that Kala really did love Rajan, even if it wasn't as much as she loved Wolfgang, but saw him a bit as the "safe, boring" option, as compared to her more exciting soulmate Wolfgang. But, when she saw how quickly he believed her about being some kind of telepathic member of a human subspecies, and how he jumped right into helping her and her telepathic family, and supporting them, and even fought an armed man to protect Wolfgang, she saw a new side of him, and realized her feelings for him were even stronger then she thought. And Wolfgang and Rajan bonded over their mutual Kala love, and by the time it was wedding time, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. It really is great at how this show shows the many ways people can love each other. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. 

I did love when Felix showed up, and Wolfgang introduces him to his girlfriend Kala...AND her husband, who is clearly cool with all of this. Felix just looked so confused! 

Loved seeing everyone interacting in person, and their side kicks all interacting and coming together. There was so much going on, and I loved seeing everyone showing up. Just about everyone was there at the wedding! I admit, I even teared up a bit at Angelica showing up in the big dance circle, smiling as a ghost for pretty much the first time, and disappearing. It was a nice way to bookend the whole series. 

Sun and Mun are so adorable, I loved every second of them together. Especially Sun introducing him to her family, AKA her puppy dog. And them fighting together was just a plus throughout. 

Not much Lito in this, but I loved everything we got. Love that when he decided to be in disguise as a Frenchmen, he decided "I need a jacket, a beret, and ALL of the bread!" for his outfit! I also love that when he realized Dani and Hernando were in trouble, he ran down the roof to get to them, even not being much of an action guy type. 

Everyone in their dorky tourist outfits were making me laugh so hard, plus with Hernando bullshitting a lecture. Love that they had some good laughs in between the feels and the plot stuff.

Wolfgang is reunited with his other true love, his rocket launcher! And it was used perfectly!

I was so happy seeing everyone together at the wedding, and even if Nomis mom coming around due to drug brownies, it was still a sweet ending. And Riley's dad did the music for the wedding! And the fireworks! And the vows! And Jela meets the spirit of Van Damm! I just had the biggest happiest dorky grin on my face throughout the whole ending. This was a great ending, but I do hope that Netflix sees all the chatter for this, and gives us another season. There is still so much story to tell, and I just dont want to say goodbye to these characters yet!  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

This is a show where I dont get that wrapped up in plot stuff and how everything works, and just go along with the ride, as the show is far more interested in emotions and character than in explaining the plot and backstory. I love these characters so much, I could just watch them make dinner and have a ping pong tournament and be thrilled. 

I did not see the Rajan/Wolfgang/Kala ending that way at all, but, looking back at it, I totally should have. "I guess we could spend a bunch of time with this angsty love triangle, OR, and go with me here, we just have everyone have sex and be happy instead!" is the most Sense8 thing to ever Sense8.

I've always described my approach to this show as "letting it wash over me" I've never watched a show where I loved so many characters who make me grin just by coming on to the screen.

Love your take on Kala and her men. Totally agree.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I did not see the Rajan/Wolfgang/Kala ending that way at all, but, looking back at it, I totally should have. "I guess we could spend a bunch of time with this angsty love triangle, OR, and go with me here, we just have everyone have sex and be happy instead!" is the most Sense8 thing to ever Sense8. Surprising, but I loved it. Really, why dont more love triangles end this way. Stop the angst and drama, and get with the three ways! Just cut out the middle man and give the fanfic writers what they want. Rajans reaction to the whole thing, and soon being totally down, was rushed, but I loved it and how the whole thing worked out. I always thought that Kala really did love Rajan, even if it wasn't as much as she loved Wolfgang, but saw him a bit as the "safe, boring" option, as compared to her more exciting soulmate Wolfgang. But, when she saw how quickly he believed her about being some kind of telepathic member of a human subspecies, and how he jumped right into helping her and her telepathic family, and supporting them, and even fought an armed man to protect Wolfgang, she saw a new side of him, and realized her feelings for him were even stronger then she thought. And Wolfgang and Rajan bonded over their mutual Kala love, and by the time it was wedding time, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. It really is great at how this show shows the many ways people can love each other. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. 

I did love when Felix showed up, and Wolfgang introduces him to his girlfriend Kala...AND her husband, who is clearly cool with all of this. Felix just looked so confused!

Felix had no idea that "India Plan" was actually married with a husband. He is discovering more about Wolfie and his life than he ever expected. 

Wasn't there a scene in season two, in which Wolfgang and Kala had sex, while she was also on her honeymoon with Rajan? So, Wolfgang and Kala have had a previous sexual encounter with Rajan and both were not turned off by it.

• Love 3

Dammit, this show always makes me cry. I rarely cry during shows but this one gets me every time. That was better than I expected, how can you not love a show that ends with a giant dance party followed by a giant orgy. 

I loved that they were able to get all the supporting players back as well. And I was waiting for the Senseates to let their families in on the secret. I'm a little upset that we didn't get Dani and Hernando's first reactions. Rajan's was great and he was right how could he not believe her when 11+ people all backed up her story. Then them all getting to see the cluster in action and being super impressed and turned on. Lol. I also loved seeing Sun's hot boyfriend even if she didn't have much of a storyline. 

The action was action to me, this show has always been about the characters and showing us that we are all the same no matter our race, gender, sexuality, country or social status. I loved Amanita and Nomi's wedding and that Nita was walked down the aisle by her mother and 3 fathers and Bug walked Nomi down the aisle despite her father coming around earlier. 

I'm always happy when all these characters get to be happy. Thank you Netflix for letting us get to say goodbye. And maybe people will find the time to watch this amazing show. 

• Love 7

I forgot, I loved when Kala got shot, and everyone was all slow motion drama mourning, and Wolfgang was holding her in his arms and crying and Rajan is laying next to her and everyone's all crying and freaking out and her two guys are clutching her body all dramatically, and then Kala`s astral self shows up all "Ummmm, guys, not dead yet. Maybe you can actually help me not bleed to death instead of just crying towards the heavens or whatever" and tells them how to save her. That was so great. 

• Love 10

This has to be the only show where I have no idea what is happening with the plot, and yet love every second of it. It's all about the characters and relationships, set in stunning locations with joyful music (Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5 played by Riley's adorable dad! It doesn't get any better). These are some of the best characters in any show I've ever watched, and it doesn't matter what they're doing so long as they're being their totally awesome lovey-dovey badass selves. I'll eventually go back and rewatch the whole series to get a handle on the larger plot, but for now I'm happy letting the emotions and beauty of it wash over me. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Ok first things first, I loved this show coming back in whatever form I could get it. And for the most part, I loved the movie. But, I did have some issues. 

1} we totally did not get a scene with Lito explaining the whole sensate thing. I think Hernando would have a hard time wrapping his head around it.  I felt a bit cheated by that.

2) had a hard time buying that Rajan would be up for a threesome, especially with another guy. Damn woman gets to have her cake and eat it too.  And is it wrong that I was okay with her dying.  And in the future, I can see Wolfgang and Rajan going off on their own, they seem to get along great. 

3) and speaking of threesomes, wtf was that with Lito, Hernando and Dani. They are gay, that’s been firmly established so now they are having a woman in bed with them? No just no. Felix was available if they needed to throw her into the mix sexually.  And speaking of sex, as we were getting later on into the movie, I thought, “hmmm we haven’t had a sex scene” and then guess what magically happened? 

4) and while the wedding was great, I would have thought that there should have been another couple having one there too. 

I’m just happy that Netflix gave us anything after they cancelled the series. Most times, once it’s gone it’s gone. 

Oh and in the scene where Lito is playing French and notifying the police, they showed a restaurant in Paris that I have eaten at, Les Trois Petite Cochons ( the 3 little pigs). It’s worth checking out if ever in Paris I believe it is gay owned. And I’m going to Naples later this year. Gonna have to track down that restaurant where they had pizza.

oh and watch the credits, that had me crying watching the cast and Lana crying as they finished shooting. 

Ahishma, regarding Lito’s fIlm career, he got fired from the movie. 

Basically I’m happy! They brought back everyone and tied it up with a big bow. I don’t think anymore of the series is required as the bad guys are gone. Don’t get me wrong, would love more show but where would they go with the story now?  So bye Lito, Will, RileY, Sun, Capheus, Wolfgang, Nomi and Kala and all your assorted friends and lovers, I’ve loved getting to know you all. 

Edited by MizStaken
Additional thoughts
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think I will ever truly forgive Netflix for cancelling this show.  Every would be television/movie writer should have to watch this series and take detailed notes.   I usually watch shows and become attached to maybe one or two characters, how is it I fell in love with ALL of these characters.

Detective Mun and Sun. OMG Yes.  He's amazing and so is she.  Wolfgang/Kala/Rajan, I would not have thought it but both men love her enough to share?!?!?!  I look at this special as kind of an performed version of an outline, I have no doubt there would have been much more nuance and character beats had the show been allowed to progress as intended.

I am so glad it was a happy ending.   This is the only show that has ever had me truly BELIEVE a family had formed.  With most other works of fiction, it's so often lip service.   And the sense of character evolution I felt with so many of them.

Sun was one of the most closed off characters I've ever seen when we first met her.  We saw her lose everything and over time gain so much more.  A surrogate family, she came to love and whom loved her, more then the remainder of her biological family and a true love, in the most unexpected of places and circumstances.   When Mun showed up and saved her from those guards, I swear I swooned. "I could do this all day with you Ms. Bak." LOL, HOTTEST line ever.

Kala went from a passive, sheltered, naive, would-be-stepford wife, to someone that was determined, strong, daring young woman who is now capable of exploring in ways she never would have dreamed.  While I grew to appreciate her and Rajan, there is something about her and Wolfgang, when he was about to kill himself and Kala threatened to jump off the terrace if he did?  Swoon again.  How much do I love that even that little moment in the end showed that Will/Kala still have that big brother/little sister vibe to them.

Wolfgang on the surface and taken at face value is nothing but a criminal and brute, but when we learn about him, he's also so much more then that.  Someone fiercely loyal to those he loves and though not easily done, someone who is capable of connecting deeply with others.  I was shocked at the truth about his Father and Mother/Sister.  And his love for Kala and Felix always proved he was capable of more then violence and hate.  Also, hello Wolfgang's rocket launcher, it's sent many a bad hat to hell.

I'm going to miss  these characters so much.  All of them.  Even the supporting characters became more then I ever expected.  Daniella (talk about character evolution), Diego, Jela, Neets, Bugs, Hernando.

Just imagine what could have been if we had the intended 5-6 season story. Sigh.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, MizStaken said:

Damn woman gets to have her cake and eat it too

Hooray for it! It's about time. I'm so tired of shows or movies where a man is supposedly such a man for having two women at the same time (and generally treats them like objects). I say bull, but if that's the standard, then Kala is a hell of a woman, having two men. Lucky her, and it's about love. Dani, too, for that matter: two gay men came to love her so much, their relationship evolved to include her.

7 hours ago, MizStaken said:

where would they go with the story now?

There was a lot that was compressed or left untold and so much more they could explore. Most of these were touched on or introduced but not developed:

Lito's Hollywood career (we saw Dani stalling the production and him fretting over being unable to be there, but no more than that) - (and, I'd hope, him eventually returning triumphantly to Mexico); 

Capheus' political career and the changes he could make in his hometown of Kibera;

Whatever crusade and righting of wrongs that Nomi, Neets, and Bug would move onto next;

More about Lacuna and the evolution and growth that sensates experience;

Will and Riley possibly working with Mr. Hoy on the communication Archipelago and meeting other clusters; Riley possibly birthing her own cluster -- seeing how that comes about;

How Wolfgang, Kala, and Rajan work out their relationship -- if they continue all together or hit some speed-bumps -- Rajan's legal battles, and maybe Kala's rise in the pharmaceutical company; maybe she and Capheus work to bring medicine to the poor in his area (I saw that idea elsewhere);

Sun reorganizing and running Bak Industries (as well as confronting her brother in jail);

Wolfgang and Felix on some adventure;

One or more of the group creating a community for sensates, (like Lila wanted to do but without the corruption), maybe in cooperation with the restored BPO under River's management -- as well seeing as what BPO could really do, how sensates could influence the world on a larger scale.

I don't particularly need a villain, but there might be some remnant of the old system who would be an antagonist.

I'd like to see all of that. Or, whatever Lana thinks. I'm sure she has ideas.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, MizStaken said:

Ahishma, regarding Lito’s fIlm career, he got fired from the movie.

5 hours ago, justmehere said:

Lito's Hollywood career (we saw Dani stalling the production and him fretting over being unable to be there, but no more than that) - (and, I'd hope, him eventually returning triumphantly to Mexico); 

That was my take-away about Lito's movie too. I was waiting to hear some resolution, and didn't. So my assumption is that they did accept that (whatever Dani said) was "part of his process."

13 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Sun was one of the most closed off characters I've ever seen when we first met her.  We saw her lose everything and over time gain so much more.  A surrogate family, she came to love and whom loved her, more then the remainder of her biological family and a true love, in the most unexpected of places and circumstances.   When Mun showed up and saved her from those guards, I swear I swooned. "I could do this all day with you Ms. Bak." LOL, HOTTEST line ever.

Sun and Mun (hah) were totally hot - and even though I don't stand much on formality there was something about them calling each other by their familial names that I really, really liked.

They did an amazing job with all the characters. I particularly think Bug, who is almost a stock character for certain types of shows, was exceptional. He could have been completely irritating, but his joyous performance really made me love him - and while I teared up a lot turning the finale, it was his comment to Nomi at the end that actually made my cry.

I have no nits to pick on this finale. I loved it completely. I re-watched all of season 2 leading up to the finale, and am so glad I did, not because I needed to remember the plot (which I probably did), but I needed to remember how much I loved these characters in the first place, and how much this show spoke to me even though I'm straight and cisgender.

To quote a Broadway star and an old song "Love is love, is love, is love..." and "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love, no not just for some, but for everyone."

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 12

The Lito/Hernando/Dani relationship felt a little rushed but I completely bought it.  I think maybe that was always the intention but three or four seasons down the line.  One of the huge reasons Hernandez broke up with Lito in the first place was how he treated Dani and Lito realized he wouldn’t get Hernando back until he got Dani backX. Season two they got even closer when Dani confronted her own parents about her relationship with the two men.   I am guessing some sort of Polymorphic relationship was always intended.  I am not as sure with Wolfgang/Kala/Rajan But I am not willing to dismiss the idea outright.  Season 1 Rajan was written as vaguely nice and season 2 he was given a darker edge but their was nothing to say he was being written as a bad man just someone with more layers.  It may have been always intended that those layers would make the love triangle more interesting but ultimately would end the same way.

• Love 2

I ended up downloading the song from the final scene (Ludovico Einaudi - Experience) - it gets to me everytime.

I really want the earrings Dani was wearing when she greets Bug at the door - long star ones, they're very pretty

• Love 1
11 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

But generally, I think the finale closed enough doors for us fans to be okay with the end of the series too. 

I have to agree with this. If by some miracle the show was revived, I think it would be difficult to continue on without retreading what they’d planned if they’d got several seasons and quickly in the finale. 

I thought the finale was bittersweet. The overall story was just ok. They had to throw in another group sex scene for good measure LOL and like the one from S2 was not impress. Also didn’t appreciate the closing shot being a wet dildo. ??

I did not get what Lila was attempting to do by holding Whispers hostage before handing him over to the Chairman. And though I understood Whispers plan of external life, I did not get how he was using BPO to get that? I still didn’t understand BPO’s use of the zombie assasins. 

The Wolfgang/Kala/Rajan relationship had me in stitches throughout. I think though,  if the show had gone on, a choice would’ve been made. Rajan stated that he was about to be indicted for corruption. So either that would’ve moved him out of Kala/Wolfgang’s story or deepened his connection to it with the writers throwing in BPO being  in someway linked the pharmaceutical company he owned.

They introduced the Lacuna and Whispers’ mother but completely dropped it which was disappointing. Again, this would’ve likely been a story thoroughly explored had they been on for several more seasons.

I loved Mun and Sun’s story! They were so hot and gorgeous. I wish the show had the time to flush out their story. I would’ve enjoyed seeing them fall in love. Out of all the characters on the show I thought Sun had been through the most hell (most recently in her personal life) and deserved to find happiness, and she did which was awesome.

I would’ve liked to have seen a resolution to Caphues’ political career and what happened with Lito’s acting. Lito was sorely missed in this finale. He barely had any scenes and he was one of my favorites. 

What I enjoyed most about the finale was seeing all these characters again, and their significant others and friends who were not sensates. Watching them fight together, plan together, love together and be happy together was such a joy to watch.  I couldn’t help but think while watching them what a nightmare it would be if you were in a cluster of individual who did not mesh and ultimately despised each other. How miserable would that be? Thankfully, that wasn’t the story being told.

These characters were all so engaging to watch and even when their stories were questionable I was still able to care about their plights.  I’m going to miss this very unique and exciting show. I hope that all those involved will find success with their future projects.

• Love 2