Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny wasn't complimenting Adam by calling him an "operator", she was insulting him/putting him down at the very least and it could affect his business. Bethenny would blow a gasket if someone called her that on national TV.

Bethenny not going scorched earth on Carole could also mean that she knows she is in the wrong and showing any e-mails from the conversation would only support his/Carole's position, not hers. I'm pretty sure Bethenny's "team" consisted of her employees in NY, not people in Huston, and I have no problem believing that they have a list of all her contacts, email/phone numbers/SM contacts/ect., all of them. IMO, Bethenny doesn't value any friendship she develops on the show, including with Carole, so she could care less if she burns it down to smoke/ashes. Bethenny has been saying in interviews that she/Carole weren't all that close to begin with.

Carole does start out asking her why she is upset with her, what happened, what changed and Bethenny doesn't answer, she denies anything is different then tries to deflect instead and that is when Carole gets specific. 

I don't think Bethenny knows how to be a friend, she is too self absorbed/centered. Everything has to revolve around her, so her not going to Kyle's premier is not surprising to me and although they have been "friends" a long time, most of their friendship has been a long distant friendship. The part I bolded only reinforces my belief that Bethenny doesn't know how to be a real/true friend to anyone except friends she only sees a few times a year.

I did not mean to imply that Bethenny calling Adam an "operator" was a compliment.  What I have seen of Bethenny's compliments is someone who has something she wants or wants more of and she will compliment them about their success.

Bethenny doesn't usually make mistakes that are so readily exposed.  I do think Bethenny only because of her business and now a little something like custody of Bryn is beginning to take stock of the bridges she burns.

I do think if you ask someone what is wrong and the don't respond you don't get to tell the person they are lying.  I don't think the Adam deal was a big deal to Bethenny, it was three months earlier, she found a photographer, Carole and Adam had "broken up".  I think Dorinda wanted some logs to throw on a fire that was smoldering. Bethenny if nothing else is smart enough to see when something is being amped for a scene.  There was no mistaking Dorinda's signal. Carole was actually the one who had the issue and was the one mad at Bethenny and should have opened with her reasons for being mad.  It is the, "I love you," nonsense (first Bethenny at the dinner she told Carole she takes the side of whoever she sits next to) and then Carole at the murder mystery.  It sounds stupid, they don't love each other, they are unpacking an overnight bag size of complaints and quite frankly interaction over the non-filming months. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Her attacks? She’s defending herself after Bethenny has been dragging her for 8 episodes while she had no idea. That’s 8 episodes that have been nationally aired. I think she’s more then justified to say everything she’s been saying. Being called a puppet behind her back while lying to her face about saying it. being called a mouth piece when she had no problem with her last season being hers. Bethenny has been gunning for Carol since episode one of this season.  I will be so glad when this switch’s to Luann being the focus 

Carole was being snarky on social media before the season even aired. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

was it before or after the season was shot? because there is a gap so her snarky comments could be from fall out from the season she just shot I doubt it was before because everything that she has said and done up until this episode was pro Bethany.....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yes but filming had already ended for the regular season, so Carole already knew Bethenny was talking smack about her/Adam behind their backs and they had already had their Berkshires blow out.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes but filming had already ended for the regular season, so Carole already knew Bethenny was talking smack about her/Adam behind their backs and they had already had their Berkshires blow out.

So what's all this allegiance to Adam anyway?  Wasn't Carole finished with Adam when she found out he was interested in the other girl?  I don't remember exactly when the other girl came into the picture.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So what's all this allegiance to Adam anyway?  Wasn't Carole finished with Adam when she found out he was interested in the other girl?  I don't remember exactly when the other girl came into the picture.

I dont think its an Allegiance more so then its respect they didn't have a bad breakup so why should she let people try to drag and trash his name? just because they arnt together doesn't mean she cant defend someone that was in her life for how many years?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

I used to work in the tabloid/journalism industry and from interviews i conducted, RH is not scripted, it's more just they set you up in situations you wouldn't otherwise be in, with people you wouldn't otherwise be with, if that makes sense. it's basically their job to hang out with and attend events with these ladies during filming months, in exchange for 6 figure paychecks. would they be attending those dinners with this kind of drama or going on vacation with this group, which includes ppl they don't like, if it wasn't their job? for most of them, most definitely not lol. but as far as what they say and do and how they act at these events, that's real. 

another thing someone once said, that i can sorta see, is that when you're filming for a reality TV show, with cameras all around you, everything becomes magnified by 10 - like every event, every little comment somebody makes, etc. because you don't know if it's gonna air and you don't know how it's gonna be edited and you don't know what people are gonna think if it airs. basically, you know that there's a chance the whole world is gonna see this, so otherwise stupid shit that you'd let go, becomes a big deal, a huge offense, that you feel like you have to defend yourself from. other times, the way people act is simply that they're drunk and pissed off, or genuinely hurt, etc. 

and this show, like any reality show, likes strong personalities who are already prone to being ridiculous, big egos, taking themselves too seriously, over-reacting, etc. soooo mix all of the above together and you've got a real housewives show. 

Thank you for explaining this! It makes much more sense now. 

And I can enjoy the show more now. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont think its an Allegiance more so then its respect they didn't have a bad breakup so why should she let people try to drag and trash his name? just because they arnt together doesn't mean she cant defend someone that was in her life for how many years?

O.k.  I thought I heard her say something nasty about him when she was telling Tinsley about the date with the other girl, or maybe it was in her TH, but you know best, truly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think if you ask someone what is wrong and the don't respond you don't get to tell the person they are lying.  I don't think the Adam deal was a big deal to Bethenny, it was three months earlier, she found a photographer, Carole and Adam had "broken up". 

I don't think it was either and that is partially behind the different levels of intensity that we're seeing when it comes to Bethenny and Carole. I honestly think Bethenny cares about the entire thing only a fraction of the percentage that Carole cares. And, again, Carole only cares this much because it's about Adam. Her nonboyfriend who she is utterly obsessed with. 

Frankly, I don't think Carole would have even done the marathon if Adam wasn't doing it. It was another way to stay close to him, much like the Tinsley friendship. I don't doubt that Bethenny has been observing the changes in Carole over the last year (I sure have, mostly on her SM) and sees how much of it is due to her obsession with Adam. She probably thinks Adam is an operator in many, many ways. I know I do and have for a lot longer than this whole Houston convo has been a part of the show. I would find it difficult to watch a friend I respect go through this whole thing and would likely spend a lot less time with her, particularly if I had a lot of other things going on in my life. That said, it's not the kind of thing you say to your friend.  Anyway, I'm sure he'll move on permanently soon and she'll have to find something else to do. 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k.  I thought I heard her say something nasty about him when she was telling Tinsley about the date with the other girl, or maybe it was in her TH, but you know best, truly.

I dont think I know best its just I have never felt the need to trash an ex after we broke up when it ended on "good terms" or with no really Ill feelings.( some relationships just run there course you want different things.. and when you're younger you dont really see that you only see your pain and lash out but when you are older you see it differently)  yes going through it at the time some things would bug me and I might make a comment (cause you are still in your feelings) but when friends would try to trash them or talk bad I'd shut it down.. I just assumed thats how Adults break up (maybe I'm wrong) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Frankly, I don't think Carole would have even done the marathon if Adam wasn't doing it. It was another way to stay close to him, much like the Tinsley friendship=

He did the marathon?  I thought he was just there to cheer him on.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I don't think it was either and that is partially behind the different levels of intensity that we're seeing when it comes to Bethenny and Carole. I honestly think Bethenny cares about the entire thing only a fraction of the percentage that Carole cares. And, again, Carole only cares this much because it's about Adam. Her nonboyfriend who she is utterly obsessed with. 

Frankly, I don't think Carole would have even done the marathon if Adam wasn't doing it. It was another way to stay close to him, much like the Tinsley friendship. I don't doubt that Bethenny has been observing the changes in Carole over the last year (I sure have, mostly on her SM) and sees how much of it is due to her obsession with Adam. She probably thinks Adam is an operator in many, many ways. I know I do and have for a lot longer than this whole Houston convo has been a part of the show. I would find it difficult to watch a friend I respect go through this whole thing and would likely spend a lot less time with her, particularly if I had a lot of other things going on in my life. That said, it's not the kind of thing you say to your friend.  Anyway, I'm sure he'll move on permanently soon and she'll have to find something else to do. 

I agree with you.  I think Bethenny has no clue what Carole is so worked up about.  Bethennys life is very full with her business, Brynn, court, buying houses, Dennis, etc..   Carole had a young stud, had good "coffee" everyday with no strings attached, and her main focus was Adam.  Now he's gone and she feels the loss.  She made their relationship seem like it was not that serious when it really was to her.  Now she has to start over, get other interests (not Tinsley) and find another "coffee" partner, hopefully someone more to her age, and start a real relationship with meaning.  I don't blame Adam either as he probably wants other things now.  IMO, I think he left her.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Adam ran the marathon as did Heather.

I guess he just finished way before her and then greeted her at the end?  Yeah, that makes sense now why she wanted to do it!

• Love 5

Bethenny wasn't complimenting Adam by calling him an "operator", she was insulting him/putting him down at the very least and it could affect his business.

His business as a vegan chef? His business as a photographer? His business as boytoy companion to aging socialites?

I'm a lil mocking poor Adam but really, he's Carole's ex boyfriend. He's Carole's ex boyfriend who she couldn't bring herself to live with and who she insisted she was "shacking up with" and that he never *really* lived with her. This season started with Carole stating they broke up. Adam is dating other women. In retrospect, Adam's interest in a woman who is twenty years older seems a little suspect, especially when he breaks up with her after she refuses to let him live with her.

I know Carole's intense loyalty to friends will be cited but really, they aren't a couple and if they were a couple in late August when Bethenny approached Adam, I honestly don't think there was any intent to steal Carole's man on Bethenny's part so that Carole is offended that anyone spoke to Adam without her permission, Adam who she isn't actually dating anymore. Carole's blogs make it sound like Bethenny was secretly trying to steal Carole's man and thats where I think Carole is overplaying her hand.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I guess he just finished way before her and then greeted her at the end?  Yeah, that makes sense now why she wanted to do it!

Yeah - if he's a decent runner he probably finished hours ahead of her, had time to go shower and return to greet her at the end of her run-walk of the marathon ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I think they've since gotten back together. During a promo for the show, she mentioned they were together, so..

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Bethenny knows how to be a friend, she is too self absorbed/centered.

I think her restless parents and jagged childhood prepared her for a life of not trusting anyone.

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny wasn't complimenting Adam by calling him an "operator", she was insulting him/putting him down at the very least and it could affect his business.

• Love 2

I doubt if Carol ran the marathon just because Adam did.  Marathon training is serious and lasts for months.  Carole and Adam could not have shared training runs because he is so much faster than she is.  Yeah, she could meet him before and after training, but seemingly she was already doing that with he "coffee" dates.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't blame Adam either as he probably wants other things now.  IMO, I think he left her.

I don't blame him either. He's not forcing anyone to do anything. 

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, weaver said:

I doubt if Carol ran the marathon just because Adam did.  Marathon training is serious and lasts for months.  Carole and Adam could not have shared training runs because he is so much faster than she is.  Yeah, she could meet him before and after training, but seemingly she was already doing that with he "coffee" dates.  

Didn't she run it in memory of her dead Husband that ran it? Did I hallucinate her talking about that or something... Not everything she does has to revolve around Adam this woman has a life other then him

Edit: https://people.com/tv/rhony-carole-radziwill-paid-tribute-late-husband-anthony-marathon/

Edited by Keywestclubkid
added a link
  • Love 10

Im sure Adam was a strong reason why Carole decided to start training for it, and to run it. Yes - we saw a clip about how Anthony ran it many many years ago - and she got to look up his time. I doubt she would have done it if Adam wasn't involved with her - he's clearly a more active/sporty person. It's not a bad thing if she did it to bond with him. She doesn't seem to have many "hobbies' otherwise. It's natural to try out things your partner likes. Tho I would NEVER run a marathon if I had a mate that ran. LOL. But I'd go down to an event and support him if he did it.

• Love 4
(edited)

She definitely did say that. She had many years in which to do that, but she chose this particular one. I'm not saying I'm 100% right, I'm saying that is my feeling from watching Carole over the last 2 years. I know you're saying she has a life other than Adam, but from following her on SM over the last 2 years, I personally think anything else in her life is dwarfed by her focus on Adam. Adam is very focused on being athletic and eating well. I mean, I guess at least she tried something, regardless of why. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 7
(edited)

For shiz and giggles before I head out for the day - I'm watching S1 of RHONY - just got up to the episode where Bethenny and Luann go out together and Luann gets goofy about Bethenny introducing her as "Luann" vs "Mrs. DeLusspes" to the driver, and they get into a discussion of what is proper for the "help" to refer them as - LMAO... No wonder these two have had friction all along (Bethenny was and remains to be fine referred to as "Bethenny" vs "Ms Frankel", unlike Luann, lol). It's also the same episode where Bethenny orders a "Skinny girls margarita"... Thank gosh for Hulu having all the old seasons :) 

Edited by BodhiGurl
I referred to BF as Luann - oops!
  • Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm saying that is my feeling from watching Carole over the last 2 years. I know you're saying she has a life other than Adam, but from following her on SM over the last 2 years,

Social Media can be a very funny thing lol it reminds of the "Beauty Queen Bride" on Bridzilla that lived for Social media and wanted to live stream her wedding for all her "fans" that couldn't make it to the wedding (that only 30 people watched) and she literally was best friends with her mom and one other person IRL but her online presence made it look like she had all these friends and she was a social butterfly  (hey even that whole thing could have been manipulated for the show) ...Social Media doesn't show someones full life just snips... :) i think they have done some studies of how real life/ vs social l media can make people depressed because they think someone elses life is so much more full then their own. when they have no idea how long it took them to get that perfect picture or that they really arnt that active or social that it pretty much is all just a "show"

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm not looking forward to seeing Bethenny and Carole go at it about this again. It's already  been blown way out of proportion.   I don't think Bethenny was out of character or said anything outrageous either about Adam or Carole.   IMHO Carole's reaction was OTT and mostly for the camera.    HW friendships come and go so this rift shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.   

IMHO Carole won't admit it but she's in love with Adam.   That relationship will probably drag on until he's not benefiting from Carole and Bravo any longer.   He's already expressed interest in someone else but he'll string them both along as long as he can.  

I am looking forward to LuAnn's drunken escapade and very curious to see what Dorinda the drunk has to say about it.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11

IMHO Carole's reaction was OTT and mostly for the camera.    HW friendships come and go so this rift shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Well, if Carole is surprised, then she's clearly not the intellectual giant she portrays herself as. My cynical side? She lost interest in Bethenny when Bethenny took up charity work hard core. At about the same time, Tinsley was making overtures of friendship, and they hit it off because they're fairly similar in personality and tastes. Now Carole has a friend other than Bethenny on the cast which she needed and that makes keeping Bethenny sweet a little less necessary. At this point, I think Carole is choosing to continue being mad - I am willing to bet that she and Bethenny make up on camera next episode and spend the rest of the season ok, but throwing barbs at each other in talking heads and wondering if they can repair the relationship. Then in the dramatic reunion episode, we will find out that Carole's answer to that question is "FUCK NO AND HERE'S WHY!!"

My cynical guess? The rest of the season for Carole is dull and this is how she gets next season. 

IMHO Carole won't admit it but she's in love with Adam.   That relationship will probably drag on until he's not benefiting from Carole and Bravo any longer.   He's already expressed interest in someone else but he'll string them both along as long as he can.  

This is my feeling on it as well. She's into him, he's ok with that for now but he's not planning long term with her. 

I am looking forward to LuAnn's drunken escapade and very curious to see what Dorinda the drunk has to say about it.

Probably something relatively supportive - I think Dorinda was really embarrassed by her own behavior. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I used to work in the tabloid/journalism industry and from interviews i conducted,

Ooo ooooh do tell, like Brenda Walsh and the 90210 chain smoking tabloid reporter from Back story in the production van!? ? share ! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, weaver said:

Maybe it wasn't a way to get extra time with him, but to impress him? Convince him they're on the same level?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Well, if Carole is surprised, then she's clearly not the intellectual giant she portrays herself as. My cynical side? She lost interest in Bethenny when Bethenny took up charity work hard core. At about the same time, Tinsley was making overtures of friendship, and they hit it off because they're fairly similar in personality and tastes. Now Carole has a friend other than Bethenny on the cast which she needed and that makes keeping Bethenny sweet a little less necessary. At this point, I think Carole is choosing to continue being mad - I am willing to bet that she and Bethenny make up on camera next episode and spend the rest of the season ok, but throwing barbs at each other in talking heads and wondering if they can repair the relationship. Then in the dramatic reunion episode, we will find out that Carole's answer to that question is "FUCK NO AND HERE'S WHY!!"

My cynical guess? The rest of the season for Carole is dull and this is how she gets next season. 

This is my feeling on it as well. She's into him, he's ok with that for now but he's not planning long term with her. 

Probably something relatively supportive - I think Dorinda was really embarrassed by her own behavior. 

Tinsley's overtures of friendship toward Carole also had a lot to do with Scott.   Wasn't he Carole's friend? 

Personally I don't care if they make up or not.   I'm not sure how long Tinsley will be around.   If she stays with Scott, she'll move to Chicago.   If not she'll hit the NY night life  scene and I doubt Carole is up for it.

18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe it wasn't a way to get extra time with him, but to impress him? Convince him they're on the same level?

It was definitely to impress him!   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

IMHO Carole's reaction was OTT and mostly for the camera.  

The way I see it (and I know that doesn't mean I'm right) is that Carole felt a shift in the relationship with Bethenny and she was starting to question why.  Dorinda and Ramona chimed in with what they knew, which made Carole start to think about it even more.  Fast forward to Dorinda's house where Carole said that she wouldn't approach Bethenny in this setting, but thanks to shit stirrer Dorinda, she opened that door.  Bethenny proceeds with her rapid fire account of events to which Carole responds in kind.  Kadooz to her for being able to keep up with that motor mouth!  I don't think Carole's reaction was OTT.  She wasn't about to let Bethenny get the best of her this time.  

Ramona explained it best when she talked about how they all get shut down once Bethenny starts in on her little tirades. They're left standing there stunned into silence.  Carole was ready for her this time. 

• Love 10
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

The way I see it (and I know that doesn't mean I'm right) is that Carole felt a shift in the relationship with Bethenny and she was starting to question why.  Dorinda and Ramona chimed in with what they knew, which made Carole start to think about it even more.  Fast forward to Dorinda's house where Carole said that she wouldn't approach Bethenny in this setting, but thanks to shit stirrer Dorinda, she opened that door.  Bethenny proceeds with her rapid fire account of events to which Carole responds in kind.  Kadooz to her for being able to keep up with that motor mouth!  I don't think Carole's reaction was OTT.  She wasn't about to let Bethenny get the best of her this time.  

Ramona explained it best when she talked about how they all get shut down once Bethenny starts in on her little tirades. They're left standing there stunned into silence.  Carole was ready for her this time. 

I said OTT because IMO what Bethenny said wasn't that bad. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I say over the top because of the bridge burning blogs where Carol makes it sound like Bethenny was propositioning her current active boyfriend for an illicit affair :)

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Tinsley's overtures of friendship toward Carole also had a lot to do with Scott.   Wasn't he Carole's friend? 

Carole and Tinsley became friends before Scott, it's why Carole set them up.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

The way you worded this post I thought I was watching Hercule Peroit (did I spell that right) explaining to the suspects how he came to the conclusion of who the murderer was in "Murder on the Orient Express".  Haha.  Your deduction was great!  Or "Death on the Nile".

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Your deduction was great!  Or "Death on the Nile".

Obviously I've been thinking about this show way too much!  ;)   lol.

I lost any respect for Carole after her little rants about how the rest of us in the U.S. weren't as educated as her and couldn't possibly know as much as she did about the presidential candidates during the campaign, but anybody who can go head to head with Bethenny in that kind of verbal exchange gets a kadooz from me! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Carole's blogs make it sound like Bethenny was secretly trying to steal Carole's man and thats where I think Carole is overplaying her hand.

But Bethenny ended up with Dennis,  her high school friend's husband?  

I don't think Beth would be interested in anyone that wouldn't be wealthy, so I agree Carole is overplaying her hand there.  But who knows.  Maybe Beth has been a little overly flirtatious with Adam during their vacations?  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Obviously I've been thinking about this show way too much!  ;)   lol.

I lost any respect for Carole after her little rants about how the rest of us in the U.S. weren't as educated as her and couldn't possibly know as much as she did about the presidential candidates during the campaign, but anybody who can go head to head with Bethenny in that kind of verbal exchange gets a kadooz from me! 

Same here about the election.  Actually, I was annoyed that she got so much air time.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Same here about the election.  Actually, I was annoyed that she got so much air time.

I think she got to like all that air time and decided to up her game so it would continue.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 26/05/2018 at 3:50 PM, Reality police said:

You must "hate" it here then. Isn't that what most of these eleven pages has been about? 

On the contrary, my dear, I love it here! I love it for the simple reason there is a huge difference between being a bystander to an argument and being involved in an argument. If I was going toe to toe with Bethenny and she was nitpicking about what date and time everything was said, it would drive me insane. As Dorinda said in the TH, it's not about that. It's always about the emotional conflict of why someone's feelings have been hurt. Here, none of us are involved personally with these women, so we are free to satisfy ourselves with picking their arguments apart without any personal/emotional fallout. As a viewer I don't give two figs if Bethenny has to correct times/dates/etc. If I was in a personally in a conflict with her I'd imagine I would react with the same exasperation Carole did. 

Edited by coops
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, coops said:

On the contrary, my dear, I love it here! I love it for the simple reason there is a huge difference between being a bystander to an argument and being involved in an argument. If I was going toe to toe with Bethenny and she was nitpicking about what date and time everything was said, it would drive me insane. As Dorinda said in the TH, it's not about that. It's always about the emotional conflict of why someone's feelings have been hurt. Here, none of us are involved personally with these women, so we are free to satisfy ourselves with picking their arguments apart without any personal/emotional fallout. As a viewer I don't give two figs if Bethenny has to correct times/dates/etc. If I was in a personally in a conflict with her I'd imagine I would react with the same exasperation Carole did. 

Arguments are often about "something else" and not about that.    However, if you're upset because someone didn't show up or defending them for being unable to, the date and time does matter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

However, if you're upset because someone didn't show up or defending them for being unable to, the date and time does matter.

But wasn't Bethenny's points in the argument focused on what day Adam had been emailed on? Carole seemed to be upset, however justifiably or not, that Bethenny, or her "people," had emailed Adam without her consent. What particular day or time or time he was emailed doesn't matter, Carole's beef was Adam was emailed by Beth and she never knew about it. If the fact that Bethenny had contacted her friend's boyfriend, behind her friend's back, is what Carole is upset over, then surely the specific time of the email is irrelevant?  

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, coops said:

But wasn't Bethenny's points in the argument focused on what day Adam had been emailed on? Carole seemed to be upset, however justifiably or not, that Bethenny, or her "people," had emailed Adam without her consent. What particular day or time or time he was emailed doesn't matter, Carole's beef was Adam was emailed by Beth and she never knew about it. If the fact that Bethenny had contacted her friend's boyfriend, behind her friend's back, is what Carole is upset over, then surely the specific time of the email is irrelevant?  

You're right.  The date and time of the email is irrelevant.   It was the date of the trip.   Carole said Adam couldn't go on a Sunday but Bethenny said it was scheduled for a Saturday.   That almost doesn't matter anyway.   Carole is pissed that Bethenny didn't clear it with her first and that she said said Adam was an operator. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  The date and time of the email is irrelevant.   It was the date of the trip.   Carole said Adam couldn't go on a Sunday but Bethenny said it was scheduled for a Saturday.   That almost doesn't matter anyway.   Carole is pissed that Bethenny didn't clear it with her first and that she said said Adam was an operator. 

Carole is upset that Bethenny talked about her/Adam in a negative way to the others and that she has been short/snippy to her without telling Carole what's wrong even though Carole has asked. Had Bethenny been adult enough to let Carole know why she was upset at her, things could have been worked out, instead Bethenny acted like things were fine to Carole's face and the opposite behind her back. So, Carole got frustrated and when she tried to talk to her at Dorinda's house, Bethenny decided to play games instead of being honest and Carole called her out on it. For all of Bethenny's claims that she is "real" she refuses to be honest/upfront when called out on her hurtful behavior towards someone she called "friend". 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Carole is pissed that Bethenny didn't clear it with her first and that she said said Adam was an operator.

As far as we know, yes, this is what Carole is pissed about. As the season continues I think we will find out more about the true root of their conflict, most likely in the reunion, just like in the good ol' Jill Zarin days. But I'll be god damned is Bethenny ends up the victor over Carole like she did with Jill in yesteryear. Despite their current squabble Carole seems far too laid back to engage in the same sort of soul destroying warfare Jill did.

• Love 4

I don't think it was a question of Beth 'clearing' it with Carole.  It was a question of Beth giving Carole, who is supposed to be a close friend, a heads up.  I get it.  And I don't think that was the crux of it all.  It was the shift in Beth's and Carole's relationship on the part of Beth that Carole didn't understand.  And it seems that it happened around the time of Adam declining Beth's request of Adam to go to Houston.  Or should I say Beth's people.  IMO Beth was totally pissed about this.  Add to that Carole was getting a bit cozy with Tins.  I don't think that Carole and Tins are that close but Beth doesn't like losing her minion.  And Adam turning down Houston....  In Beth's mind, this is not ok.

Beth is so wound up into herself, what Adam did and what Carole did is unforgivable.  They're not being loyal in her mind so she's done.  And thus the snide remarks during the season.  You can't disagree with Beth.  We saw it with Jason.  It's her way.  And call her mother what you may but Bernadette hit on the head with some of remarks regarding Beth and her so called deprived childhood with no birthday parties, etc.  Beth thrives on being the victim.

Sorry for the rant. 

Carole confronted Beth.  She didn't back down.  She called Beth out on the minutia.  Beth obviously has a problem with Carole but she doesn't want to talk about 'that'.  So, she argues about not emailing him and days of the week.  She doesn't want to deal with the 'real' issue she has.  Why?  I don't know.  But, I don't think it's about she's too busy to care.  I think Beth cares a lot about 'her' feelings. 

I also don't think the Beth/Carole situation is fake.  What I do think is fake is that the other women 'like' Beth.  They tolerate her and privately can't stand her.  And the endless product promotion and the coin she's making on the show.  I will give Ro credit for saying that Beth doesn't support other women.  Carole says it as well.  It's all about Beth.

On another note, I don't think Carole ran the marathon because of Adam.  I think she just was in a place where she had to have some sort of goal.  Yeah, the Adam break up was tough for Carole.  She thought she had a few more summers.  And I do think it was tough to face the fact that in the end, Adam got over the relationship sooner that she did. 

BTW, I don't really like Carole.

OK.  I'll get off the soap box and go to the other side of the pool and have a beverage.  You're all invited to join me.

• Love 21

Carole's beef was Adam was emailed by Beth and she never knew about it. If the fact that Bethenny had contacted her friend's boyfriend, behind her friend's back, is what Carole is upset over, then surely the specific time of the email is irrelevant?  

I think this would be worth an argument if they were all still at Riverdale High. But in fact, we're talking about adults, two of whom are close to qualifying for AARP. If Carole's beef is that Bethenny contacted her boyfriend behind her back, then Carole is being a paranoid child about her boyfriend (her boyfriend that she MAY not have actually been in a relationship with at the time) because they're all adults and Bethenny is a lot of things that aren't very nice but "stealing your boyfriend" seems extremely unlikely and laughable. I frankly never got the vibe she liked Adam beyond "Carole seems to like him so...."

And if this is really the issue - that Bethenny emailed Carole's boyfriend and Carole never knew until later... well, why exactly is Adam not facing her ire? Bethenny emailed him behind Carole's back and he didn't immediately tell Carole?

Oh right, because even though Carole is using language in her blog to suggest Bethenny contacted Adam for a salacious purpose, I think even the die hard "Bethenny is always awful" crowd isn't buying in.

As near as I can tell, the actual argument at the house was over Carole being frustrated that Bethenny was talking to Dorinda about Adam being an operator, and not coming to her with that concern, and a low lying "our relationship seems off and I am concerned". I think she totally owned Bethenny in the ensuing fight but the bitchy blogs months after are not helping her at all. She's coming off like a jealous schoolgirl and there's really no reason for it. I mean, come on, she's bitching about things being said behind her back? I am SURE I have seen Carole do talking heads where she gives bitchy commentary on things her coworkers do without saying them to their faces. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole is upset that Bethenny talked about her/Adam in a negative way to the others and that she has been short/snippy to her....

Aww!    Poor baby Carole!    Did she forget where she was?   This is a Real Housewives show. They all talk about the others in a negative way.    

10 minutes ago, coops said:

As far as we know, yes, this is what Carole is pissed about. As the season continues I think we will find out more about the true root of their conflict, most likely in the reunion, just like in the good ol' Jill Zarin days. But I'll be god damned is Bethenny ends up the victor over Carole like she did with Jill in yesteryear. Despite their current squabble Carole seems far too laid back to engage in the same sort of soul destroying warfare Jill did.

We'll see what comes out at the reunion but I won't get my hopes up.   The reunions have been disappointing.  

• Love 6

Aww!    Poor baby Carole!    Did she forget where she was?   This is a Real Housewives show. They all talk about the others in a negative way.    

I've never understood this complaint on the part of any reality show whore. Carole? Have you watched the show? You do this all the time. Sometimes you totally make me laugh, you're that snarky.

• Love 10
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think this would be worth an argument if they were all still at Riverdale High.

Would Bethenny transfer from Westerburg after changing her name from heather?or would she be more of a Regina George? Beathney wants to be the HBIC so badly. She lives her life like she’s in a 80s teen drama with the mean girl mentality.  This isn’t HS this isn’t how she should treat other adults.  She isn’t miranda Presley 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14