Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

What pic are you seeing?

Who is the girl with the orange hair on the trailer Kellie says I think we made a mistake or it's def a different color hair

• Love 1
On 7/19/2018 at 4:24 PM, scorpio1031 said:

That was so sweet of Lisa to meet up with you!  She has always seemed to be a very nice lady.  Now I can't remember - who came back to training camp for the second time after being cut the year before - at uniform fittings, Lisa brought out her uniform from the year before and made a comment about the girl getting to keep it hopefully or something like that???  Natalie?  She seems glad to see them all come back again.

That is so very cool that you went and saw all the places that have been on the show AND got to see Jay and meet up with Lisa!! She has always seemed so sweet! I know that Kyndall Fuller got her same uniform back the second time she tried out, I remember Lisa saying "I have something here for you" and they made a big deal out of it being her uniform from fittings the year before. One of my "must do" things is to go see the DCC in performance and then go tour the sites!!

On 7/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jazzmom said:

The drama....can’t wait!

OK, just watched the trailer (and HUGE thank you to whoever posted it!) and now I want a time machine to skip to Aug. 2 to see it!!

• Love 3
On 7/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, DCCManFan said:

There seem to be a lot of opinions and observations about Brennan on this forum.  Well, I personally don't know Brennan.   Probably will never meat her.  But, I do personally know someone who was on the squad for 4 years and went through the first TC with her.  I even had the privilege of attending a few "Meet the Team" nights.  That said, I'm definitely rooting for Brennan and hope she makes it.  Here's why!  The first TC she was cut, I didn't disagree with the reasons.  She needed more time.  Last year, however....a different story.  If you recall, they did a short feature on her prior to her being cut from training camp. They went to her home, interviewed her, which all certainly seemed to give us the impression - no drama - no nonsense!  Just a young lady who displayed complete dedication, hard work, respect for the organization and a clear passion to succeed. And then...during her exit...Kelli basically says "you look awkward, you're not the right fit, we're done...."   She and Judy both came across as "We could not possibly cared less. We're bored, so let's just get this over with and move on".  It was about as absent of appreciation and compassion for her time and hard work as you could possibly get.  My point...why didn't Brennan deserve the same heartfelt empathy that Amy got a few seasons back (who tried out several times, was one of the last cuts, but simply wasn't the right fit), or the girl (can't remember her name) who's kicks were a deal breaker but had everything else going for her.  She was clearly broken, and in return shown nothing but true appreciation from Kelli and Judy.  In all 12 seasons of watching the show, last year's exit interview with Brennan was the without a doubt the worst one I've seen for someone who in every way appeared to be "giving their all."  There have been others of course, but I think I've made my point. 

Whatever your opinions are about her appearance/looks...you're entitled to them.  After reading so many unkind comments (and I hope she hasn't seen them)  if I were in her shoes...after last year...not sure I would have returned.  But...good for her for not letting anyone  or anything stand in the way of trying again.  

All that to say...now they've featured her in a promo commercial.  If (as speculated in this Forum) they are using her this season just for "ratings"....then, SHAME ON THEM!   If they keep her up to the end of TC, and then cut her again... I will not watch this season or any other.  No one should be humiliated for putting themselves through such a hard process; being kept for practically the entire duration of training, and then treated so coldly.   Instead, if they have followed the rules, caused no problems or shown disrespect to the Cowboys organization, then they should absolutely have every reason to hold their heads high.   This we know....the public can and will be cruel.  Whether it's Brennan or any other vet or training camp candidate, they ALL deserve to be respected and shown appreciation for simply having the guts to try.  

Anxiously waiting to see how this turns out...

These are great points. Brennan is attractive but she always looked tense and kind of robotic and stiff, almost like she was trying so hard to be absolutely perfect and tick all the boxes that her personality wasn't showing through. It is interesting that she has returned because in that exit interview, if I recall, Kelli essentially said that DCC probably wasn't a good fit for her and I thought that Brennan kind of said the same thing, that her run at DCC training camp was at an end and she wanted to try other things.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Nene said:

These are great points. Brennan is attractive but she always looked tense and kind of robotic and stiff, almost like she was trying so hard to be absolutely perfect and tick all the boxes that her personality wasn't showing through. It is interesting that she has returned because in that exit interview, if I recall, Kelli essentially said that DCC probably wasn't a good fit for her and I thought that Brennan kind of said the same thing, that her run at DCC training camp was at an end and she wanted to try other things.

I haven't and will not rewatch Brennan's exit interview from last year.  That said, I don't recall Kelli saying DCC wasn't a good fit for her.  I thought that conversation was with Whitney a few years ago.  I could be wrong.  But, I do remember getting the impression from Brennan's final comments that she was ready to close the door to the possibility of ever making the team at that time. At any rate, there quite possibly was more to the interview than we were allowed to see.  All I know is many other (televised) exit interviews on the show for girls who've tried out many times and didn't make it seemed to be handled with much more heart felt appreciation and sincere thanks.  If this is her year, BRAVO for her on not giving up on her dream.  If it isn't, then I hope she can peacefully and confidently move on to other things that will be more rewarding and more fulfilling than anything the Cowboys organization could offer.  

Edited by DCCManFan
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

I haven't and will not rewatch Brennan's exit interview from last year.  That said, I don't recall Kelli saying DCC wasn't a good fit for her.  I thought that conversation was with Whitney a few years ago.  I could be wrong.  But, I do remember getting the impression from Brennan's final comments that she was ready to close the door to the possibility of ever making the team at that time. At any rate, there quite possibly was more to the interview than we were allowed to see.  All I know is many other (televised) exit interviews on the show for girls who've tried out many times and didn't make it seemed to be handled with much more heart felt appreciation and sincere thanks.  If this is her year, BRAVO for her on not giving up on her dream.  If it isn't, then I hope she can peacefully and confidently move on to other things that will be more rewarding and more fulfilling than anything the Cowboys organization could offer.  

Kelli did have that convo with Whitney and also with Catherine Dunn and a couple of others.

2 hours ago, luvboo said:

Who is the girl with the orange hair on the trailer Kellie says I think we made a mistake or it's def a different color hair

I don't know but that hair is TERRIFYING!!

• Love 4

In order to NOT count the hours until Season 13 gets here, I've been watching the old episodes on Amazon (drawback is that Seasons 1-3 aren't available). In one of the last couple of seasons, one of the TC candidates does REALLY well at something, I think it's during a night of Training Camp, and Kelli makes the comment along the lines of "these Mormon girls are a surprise" or something like that, it's not said in a mean way, but in a complimentary way and that's not the exact quote. I know that Maddie (Massingill) is Mormon but who were the others? I was just curious. I do a bit of Mormon history and culture research so I'm interested in anything pertaining to Mormons and their history and religion. I am a HUGE fan of Maddie and I was SO happy to see her come back and make it onto the DCC!!

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Sources say Taylor T was cut.

Can I get some info on Taylor T? What’s her dance background? Was this her 1st try-out? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, luvboo said:

It's jaylyn and she is asking if it's "phase or final" I think he lightened it before re coloring 

• Love 1
(edited)

For those who asked... I just rewatched Brennan’s cut from last season. Kelli said, “you’re not top 36 in the room and we’re now making those cuts and you’re one of them.” She also told Brennan “...if we had more spots, you’d be on this team.”

I did not get the impression that Kelli and Judy were just wanting to get her out.  I found Kelli’s delivery to be very empathetic and a little sad to have to cut her. 

Brennan thanks them and tells them that the last 3 years of experience with the DCC has made her a better person. In the locker room, she tells the camera, “this chapter is closed.” She is very gracious about it and smiles through tears. 

So, she exits saying that she’s closed the book. I guess she rethought that decision. 

This makes me like her even more. 

@hypeman

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Nene said:

In order to NOT count the hours until Season 13 gets here, I've been watching the old episodes on Amazon (drawback is that Seasons 1-3 aren't available). In one of the last couple of seasons, one of the TC candidates does REALLY well at something, I think it's during a night of Training Camp, and Kelli makes the comment along the lines of "these Mormon girls are a surprise" or something like that, it's not said in a mean way, but in a complimentary way and that's not the exact quote. I know that Maddie (Massingill) is Mormon but who were the others? I was just curious. I do a bit of Mormon history and culture research so I'm interested in anything pertaining to Mormons and their history and religion. I am a HUGE fan of Maddie and I was SO happy to see her come back and make it onto the DCC!!

I'm not Mormon but I have many friends who are and as a dance mom I followed the Utah dance scene. Dance is HUGE in Utah. If you like team dance, check out the UHSAA Drill Team Championships on Youtube. Be warned, you might be up watching all night. 

1 hour ago, Nene said:

I got Season 3 off of Amazon - did they take it off?  That sucks.  Am I remembering right - wasn't there a Mormon girl during the 2 hour show?  Or are they all running together now?  Was Rose Mormon?  

4 hours ago, luvboo said:

I am pretty sure it was Savannah

2 hours ago, Nene said:

I think Maddie M and Tasha are both Mormon. It seems like there might be one other girl who might be but I'm not sure. Does anyone else know??

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Middlemom said:

I think Maddie M and Tasha are both Mormon. It seems like there might be one other girl who might be but I'm not sure. Does anyone else know??

Tobie  was from Utah but I don't know if she is Mormon.

6 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I am pretty sure it was Savannah

I haven't seen that clip but if it's in regards to the makeovers, Savannah is a vet and wouldn't be featured during makeovers.  That's for rookie candidates only :) 

(edited)

Regarding the video link posted up thread of the old intro.....Ah, the glory days of DCC. Those girls were just beautiful......Meredith, Whitney, Ashton, etc. Just get rid of the funny faced Trevino girls and "I am too good for the CMT camera" Sydney. The only one who can even compete with them now is Kashara.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Christina is still one of my least favorites.  I don’t know why but she rubs me the wrong way.

Does anyone think they will change the ‘signature’ routine any time soon? I like it and all but I wonder how long they’ve been doing it and when the last time it was changed. 

Are you referring to Thunderstruck? I doubt they will pull it and use something else anytime soon but some of the choreo in it was updated last year.  jenna and erica actually were the ones put in charge of that IIRC. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I got Season 3 off of Amazon - did they take it off?  That sucks.  Am I remembering right - wasn't there a Mormon girl during the 2 hour show?  Or are they all running together now?  Was Rose Mormon?  

Season 3 is still there. I just rewatched it last week. 

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

This will always be my favorite, both routine and music.

The national anthem does sound good, but it would have been nice to hear them sing it without the backing track.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Regarding the video link posted up thread of the old intro.....Ah, the glory days of DCC. Those girls were just beautiful......Meredith, Whitney, Ashton, etc. Just get rid of the funny faced Trevino girls and "I am too good for the CMT camera" Sydney. The only one who can even compete with them now is Kashara Alexis.

Fixed that for ya :)

Jackie looked good in that video too.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

The national anthem does sound good, but it would have been nice to hear them sing it without the backing track.

I agree.  Do any of the cheerleaders still sing the National Anthem?

9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I couldn't be a Latter Day Saint--they can't drink coffee.  I'd never be able to function.

Same here.  Coffee is what keeps me from hurting people ~~ 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I couldn't be a Latter Day Saint--they can't drink coffee.  I'd never be able to function.

Say what now?!? I would never make it. My husband makes fun of me for my coffee addiction, but it’s real. I must have my morning coffee. It’s non-negotiable. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Are you referring to Thunderstruck? I doubt they will pull it and use something else anytime soon but some of the choreo in it was updated last year.  jenna and erica actually were the ones put in charge of that IIRC. 

I've been to exactly one Cowboys game. When there are 100,000 screaming fans in the house and Thunderstruck starts playing, and all of these beautiful girls in the iconic uniform start dancing in perfect unison, there is an electricity in the air that can't be described. I don't see them changing it.

• Love 9
On 7/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, lizzi6692 said:

They've harped on the 36 number since the very first season. I remember after one of the last cuts were made Brooke saying something like, "They've been saying the number 36 all summer and now we're at 36 but they haven't said we're the team yet".

And the girl from season 7 is Sintia. From what I understand she was arrested for assault and they did their best to just edit her out completely.

So I was watching really old seasons this weekend and you're right.  They've always talked about the number being 36.  In the early years there were some TCCs that kind of slipped under the radar.  I think now they do a better job of focusing on ALL of them, and they have the scene at the end of the eps where Kelli specifically says, "We've got XX girls still, I'm still not sure about [blank] and [blank]..."  It just feels more clear now, a lot of which has to do with going to hour long eps and cutting WAAAAY down on the Jay segments.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

They don't drink cola, but they are so into soda that Provo has a soda bar on every corner.

By soda I meant cola. The terms are interchangeable where I grew up. 

Just now, Middlemom said:

By soda I meant cola. The terms are interchangeable where I grew up. 

Same. @Law Mom what sort of soda bars do they have, if not cola? Not being snarky at all. I’m genuinely curious and wondering if I have a new place to put on my bucket list lol.

20 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

So I was watching really old seasons this weekend and you're right.  They've always talked about the number being 36.  In the early years there were some TCCs that kind of slipped under the radar.  I think now they do a better job of focusing on ALL of them, and they have the scene at the end of the eps where Kelli specifically says, "We've got XX girls still, I'm still not sure about [blank] and [blank]..."  It just feels more clear now, a lot of which has to do with going to hour long eps and cutting WAAAAY down on the Jay segments.

Some of my favorite DCC's have "slipped under the radar" in that the weren't really focused on at all on MTT but turned out to be great performers. Lauren Williams and Emma Mary come to mind. Does anyone have any others??

• Love 3

Watching old seasons in anticipation of the new one.  I don’t understand why season 6 on Amazon cuts out so many scenes. They actually skip rehearsals and go straight to evaluations in the office. But the full segment is there on ITunes.  Makes no sense. 

Kelli did say she wanted a team of 40 in season 6 at least twice...but said I won’t take 40 if they aren’t ready.  

There have been so many seasons with vanishing girls.  Season 6 was another.  Rebecca disappeared even though she was there for most of training camp.  

Middlemom: I agree Lauren and Emma were great but got no attention. Neither did Kinzie, Samantha (except during solos ).  Amelia was never even mentioned. I don’t think.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Same. @Law Mom what sort of soda bars do they have, if not cola? Not being snarky at all. I’m genuinely curious and wondering if I have a new place to put on my bucket list lol.

Here's an article describing the soda bars. It's basically club soda with flavor shots.  https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/food/2018/06/20/more-and-more-mormon-soda-shops-are-bringing-flavorful-carbonated-concoctions-and-fun-to-eastern-idaho/

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Watching old seasons in anticipation of the new one.  I don’t understand why season 6 on Amazon cuts out so many scenes. They actually skip rehearsals and go straight to evaluations in the office. But the full segment is there on ITunes.  Makes no sense. 

Kelli did say she wanted a team of 40 in season 6 at least twice...but said I won’t take 40 if they aren’t ready.  

There have been so many seasons with vanishing girls.  Season 6 was another.  Rebecca disappeared even though she was there for most of training camp.  

Middlemom: I agree Lauren and Emma were great but got no attention. Neither did Kinzie, Samantha (except during solos ).  Amelia was never even mentioned. I don’t think.  

haha I actually didn't even know Amelia existed till my third time watching thru the seasons...I thought she was Cassie! And here she was like, a leader at one point on the squad! 

Love Emma and Lauren too...I was disappointed they didn't know more of Lauren after she got a fun into in the first couple of episodes but I guess she was too drama free lol I didn't know who Holly Arielle was until the episode where she helped her friend out who was in camp (and didn't make squad). 

• Love 3