Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought it was Alyssa Torres but now I remember it was Teri. What question was Alyssa asked that she flubbed? Speaking of bad answers maybe cmt should do a montage of all the girls who answered questions wrong or bad. Kind of like the bad dancers montage.

In the picture of Marshall and Miranda; what is he wearing ? A skirt?

Alyssa couldn't name a Cowboys running back. When asked she said she had studied that question the night before but wasn't good at thinking quickly(paraphrased).

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Was she even on their radar in season 7? I don’t remember a lot about her that season.  I just remember the focus on her at auditions the next season. I agree that she didn’t have “it.” 

Teri came under fire because she had trouble with the field entrance on both nights and then started making mistakes.  She had a different look than the others and I think that is what Kelli liked,  but I didn’t like her. She was whiney even in season 7 and, imho she looked too much like Casey Anthony.  

That season never made sense to me.  Kelli seemed abnormally overly solicitous and kind / gentle in her evaluations and office visits.  Emily, Jasmine, Chelsea, Teri, and even Kim should not have made the team.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Given how there's only been three cuts so far and 42 (?) girls still in camp (and it's week 7), I wouldn't be surprised if 2 girls will be cut per week through week 9 and the team announced at the end of week 9 so that they can "focus on coming together as a team".  I'm wondering if there are any issues with the vets this year or if they're scared to screw up after last year's vet exodus.  Then again, some may get cocky because they think nothing's going to happen to them (as in K/J/C need them too much after last year) and then BAM!  At least one vet cut.

This is a VERY strong group of rookie candidates...so the weaker vets need to be on the top of their game right up until they announce the team. 

46 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

Alyssa couldn't name a Cowboys running back. When asked she said she had studied that question the night before but wasn't good at thinking quickly(paraphrased).

I never liked Alyssa, and I really, really  didn't like Teri.  She was like that little mosquito that whines in your ear and you just want to smack it! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TinyHands said:

I thought it was Amy.

You are right. She was cut after cameo shoot day.

I like Alyssa. I think a part of the reason why she made the team was because of her sister Ashton. I think she is beautiful and as the All American look Kelli always talks about. I think she struggle with her weight during her rookie year and had a bad interview leading to her being cut. She is doing well since her DCC days.

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Was she even on their radar in season 7? I don’t remember a lot about her that season.  I just remember the focus on her at auditions the next season. I agree that she didn’t have “it.” 

She came on the radar towards the end of the season, along with Chelsea, Kim, and Collin. There were a couple who were always on the radar that season who made it - Emily (just weak all around), Jasmine (clunky), and Kali (kicks but fantastic dancer).

That was my favorite rookie group since the show started, but I do think Kelli kind of had blinders on that year. It was almost like she preferred the weakest of the bunch -Jasmine, Emily, and Chelsea (she soured on her a year later but loved her then), that some of the mediocre middle of the road girls who could’ve easily been cut got swept in with the others. It helped that it was a big rookie class with a bunch of really strong technical dancers and performers to hide the strugglers. (Jacie, Kinzie, Jennifer A, Jessica, Olivia, Alex H (before the weight issues), Jenna, Carissa, Danielle, Kali). Just a solid group of rookies, and when you add in Mia, Whitney, Britney, Jackie, Emma, McKenzie etc, that team was SO much better than what they’ve put out the past couple of years. Hopefully, this rookie group brings some sass and spark this year.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would not put Danielle in with the strong dancers on the team in Season 7. She seem more like a blender to me. Yes, there were a few standout rookies and vets, but I think the girls from Seasons 2, 3, and 4 outshine them.

Edited by bigskygirl
28 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

For some reason I thought Randi Sundquist made TC this year.. how the heck did I mess that up??

She tried out she didn’t make it to finals !! She is actually hanging up her Poms and retiring from professional cheerleading 

55 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Was there a cut last night ? 

We haven't heard yet. But CMT was there filming until 1 am - that was shown on a few insta stories I saw. I wanna say Molly's. So I'm thinking yes as they were all hanging in the locker room.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Amy who? Doesn't ring a bell. 

Amy was the very rigid one who almost interrupted Kelli in the office with her “yes mam’s”.  She also showed “bottom heavy” on cameo day. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

Amy who? Doesn't ring a bell. 

Is that the one who had really robotic responses? She kept sayind "yes ma'am" in almost a monotone and interrupted Kelli with that several times.  And Shelly Roper-McCaskil (or something like that, she was working with them on kicks) said she didn't like her face? I think Kelli and Judy thought Amy looked very bottom heavy in her photos. That's who I am picturing anyhow. 

• Love 2

I forgot Ashley. She was another one who was on the radar in season 7, but if I’m remembering right, cameo pictures saved her. I often forget how big that rookie group was. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Amy was the very rigid one who almost interrupted Kelli in the office with her “yes mam’s”.  She also showed “bottom heavy” on cameo day. 

Ok bc I was thinking whoever (whomever??) was cut last should have replaced Teri. Knowing it was Amy? Then never mind ?.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

Is that the one who had really robotic responses? She kept sayind "yes ma'am" in almost a monotone and interrupted Kelli with that several times.  And Shelly Roper-McCaskil (or something like that, she was working with them on kicks) said she didn't like her face? I think Kelli and Judy thought Amy looked very bottom heavy in her photos. That's who I am picturing anyhow. 

There is a lot more to her cut scene than her so-called robotic responses. She was in Urgent Care the night before cameo shoot day because she was sick due to trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform according to her sister who posted on facebook after Amy's cut scene was shown. She said Amy was nervous, and she said a lot more than "yes ma'am" and the scene was heavily edited. I believe the sister more than I do CMT and the way they showed the scene. I think they kept Amy in TC long enough, so they could have someone to cut due to not looking good in their eyes in the uniform. The poor girl probably did not have a chance of making the team, and she was brought in for another story line and a cut. Would she have made it to TC without CMT and a show? Probably not.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

There is a lot more to her cut scene than her so-called robotic responses. She was in Urgent Care the night before cameo shoot day because she was sick due to trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform according to her sister who posted on facebook after Amy's cut scene was shown. She said Amy was nervous, and she said a lot more than "yes ma'am" and the scene was heavily edited. I believe the sister more than I do CMT and the way they showed the scene. I think they kept Amy in TC long enough, so they could have someone to cut due to not looking good in their eyes in the uniform. The poor girl probably did not have a chance of making the team, and she was brought in for another story line and a cut. Would she have made it to TC without CMT and a show? Probably not.

Oh I remember when her sister posted that on Facebook. That was amazing. I felt so bad for Amy. I thought she was pretty. Kelli and Judy were total catty bitches to her and behind her back. I really started disliking them after that.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2018 at 12:51 PM, Jess14 said:

I feel like the “she’s boring” or “she was good, but she needed to be great” type of cuts are always indicative of something else behind the scenes or just a general dislike of the girl. I’m pretty sure that those sorts of critiques could be leveled any number of vets and rookie candidates. There are vets who stay on the team for several years who are mediocre at best. 

I think K&J&C care a lot about how they come off on the show, and if they have something concrete to point to (even something as minor as Heather kicking the wrong way for a millisecond), then they will definitely amplify it. When they can’t do that and have to resort to vague complaints, it’s obvious to me that the real reason is something that they don’t wanna say on screen or that is just a personal preference. 

To be clear, I don’t think there’s anything shady or inherently wrong about them kicking off girls just because they don’t care for them anymore. It’s a dance team, not a government job, so part of staying on the team is keeping the director happy with you and on your side. 

This is from a few pages back, but I totally agree.  I think a lot of vets are cut for stuff that happens behind the scenes, or just because they didn't "wow" Kelli and Judy during the year, but that doesn't always make compelling TV.  It's easier and safer to criticize appearance, or come up with a vague "She didn't come back at her best," explanation than to be fully honest and say she wasn't a great team player, she caused drama in the locker room, she wasn't good at public appearances, what have you.  

I'm also fully convinced that Kaitlin who tried out last year (tall, long legs, good dancer, LSU Tiger Girl, Kelli kept harping on the fact that her hair was too dark and heavy -- I may have the name wrong) didn't make the team because of some kind of backstage gossip/interference from current or former DCCs who were on the team with her.  We know that Kelli gets feedback from others in the dance world, and I'm sure if Jacie or Erika or Cerstyn were like, "Look, this girl is kind of toxic," it would have an impact on the decision making.  This is purely conjecture on my part but it makes sense.    

• Love 11

After what happened with Erica last year during TC and Cersten pretending to be things she is not on her social media pages, I would not trust their feedback about certain girls trying out for the squad. If Kelli was willing to give Ashley Pro from Season 9 a second chance after hearing what her former dance instructors were saying about her then she should have given Kaitlin a chance.

21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

After what happened with Erica last year during TC and Cersten pretending to be things she is not on her social media pages, I would not trust their feedback about certain girls trying out for the squad. If Kelli was willing to give Ashley Pro from Season 9 a second chance after hearing what her former dance instructors were saying about her then she should have given Kaitlin a chance.

I have no idea what went on with Cersten.  Like I said, it was speculation on my part, I was just giving examples of people that could have said something to Kelli about Kaitlin.  The point is that Kelli is VERY circumspect about what she says when she cuts girls, or even in judging during auditions.  I think she has a lot more info than she ever lets on.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think what helped Ashley was that even Kelli herself said she knew what it was like to be misunderstood.  And when you bring in Emma, her group leader, who gave her opinion - that's even better.  I might be mistaken but I don't remember group leaders being brought in during the early years to give their opinion, unless they wanted to do it off camera.  I remember Sydney being brought in for Vivian.  Cause it makes me wonder, who was Chelsea's group leader and did they have an opinion on that whole "toxic" situation?  Unless K&J want to be seen as the bad guys and not have the group leaders deal with that.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

This is from a few pages back, but I totally agree.  I think a lot of vets are cut for stuff that happens behind the scenes, or just because they didn't "wow" Kelli and Judy during the year, but that doesn't always make compelling TV.  It's easier and safer to criticize appearance, or come up with a vague "She didn't come back at her best," explanation than to be fully honest and say she wasn't a great team player, she caused drama in the locker room, she wasn't good at public appearances, what have you.  

I'm also fully convinced that Kaitlin who tried out last year (tall, long legs, good dancer, LSU Tiger Girl, Kelli kept harping on the fact that her hair was too dark and heavy -- I may have the name wrong) didn't make the team because of some kind of backstage gossip/interference from current or former DCCs who were on the team with her.  We know that Kelli gets feedback from others in the dance world, and I'm sure if Jacie or Erika or Cerstyn were like, "Look, this girl is kind of toxic," it would have an impact on the decision making.  This is purely conjecture on my part but it makes sense.    

100% agree, especially on Kaitlin. I don’t remember there being any complaints about her dancing whatsoever, and they could’ve easily tried a makeover if they thought her hair was too dark. Her cut at finals made no sense based off of what they chose to show.

The LSU choreographer could’ve been a source of information about her as well. Kaitlin said she danced on the Tiger Girls for 2 years and then danced for the football dance girls (don’t remember their title). She said the change was to prepare for DCC, but there definitely could’ve been more behind that switch. Pure speculation of course.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Unless K&J want to be seen as the bad guys and not have the group leaders deal with that.

I do think group leaders have something of a say with the girls.  Not necessarily who will get cut, but that, if Kelli/Judy/Charlotte aren't sure, then they might call in group leaders to give more details on a girl's dancing/performance/personality/etc.  We've seen them do it before (Lacey, Robin, Emma Sydney, and likely others) to get a reading on a girl who might be showing one side to their group leaders and another to K & J.  

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She tried out she didn’t make it to finals !! She is actually hanging up her Poms and retiring from professional cheerleading 

So we won't be seeing her @ AAIA auditions this year? Has she ever cheered for any other team besides the AAIA?

Edited by MrsEVH

I think a girl driven to such extremes to lose weight is a huge liability on the team, both from an ambassador point of view and as an employee.  Better to be edited as robotic than have them talk about your possible mental health issue. I mean, they went there with Kelsey Bond and alluded to it with Courtney Cook, but still. 

If I was a TCC, I would much prefer an edit that’s easy to disprove in ten seconds in conversation then let all my personal business hang out. 

• Love 6

A girl who may end up with a serious eating disorder is considered a liability because she would make the organization look bad. And once again a stigma about talking about a possible mental health issue because *gasp* the DCCs are portrayed as the perfect All-American Girl. It would cause a major black eye for the organization if a girl ended up seriously ill due to losing weight to fit in the uniform.

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think a girl driven to such extremes to lose weight is a huge liability on the team, both from an ambassador point of view and as an employee.  Better to be edited as robotic than have them talk about your possible mental health issue. I mean, they went there with Kelsey Bond and alluded to it with Courtney Cook, but still. 

If I was a TCC, I would much prefer an edit that’s easy to disprove in ten seconds in conversation then let all my personal business hang out. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care.  Look at Charlotte.  She’s a skeleton.  

• Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I’m rewatching season 8- I’ve read here that Kaitlin LaRae doesn’t finish her rookie season. I’ve done a search and can’t find much. Does anyone know why she left? Did she get let go? 

She allegedly  stopped performing and going on appearances starting in late October for weight gain.

Edited by bigskygirl
7 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I This is from a few pages back, but I totally agree.  I think a lot of vets are cut for stuff that happens behind the scenes, or just because they didn't "wow" Kelli and Judy during the year, but that doesn't always make compelling TV.  It's easier and safer to criticize appearance, or come up with a vague "She didn't come back at her best," explanation than to be fully honest and say she wasn't a great team player, she caused drama in the locker room, she wasn't good at public appearances, what have you.  

Totally agree with you about Kaitlin.  I was watching auditions from last year and cannot understand how she did not make training camp.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She allegedly  stopped performing and going on appearances starting in late October for weight gain.

Wasn't there some story that Kaitlin Larae was in a serious car accident in November? She somehow kept her twitter account throughout the season but didn't finish the season and did not get her rookie ring. I've always smelled something fishy about the whole story with her. 

• Love 3

How are some of these girls “HD friendly” yet Kelli said Courtney (Broadway Bring it on) was not when she auditioned? Oh well , their loss ! I think she would have been a great DCC and looks amazing! She at least will perform with a team that will get through the playoffs lol and I am a Cowboys fan ?‍♀️

DE4A4445-452A-412A-B709-F7B0A24CB8E4.jpeg

• Love 12
11 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care.  Look at Charlotte.  She’s a skeleton.  

Exactly. It is already well known that this regularly happens.  No on is particularly bothered by it because 1) it is pretty common in that circle and 2) the girls are very replaceable.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Wasn't there some story that Kaitlin Larae was in a serious car accident in November? She somehow kept her twitter account throughout the season but didn't finish the season and did not get her rookie ring. I've always smelled something fishy about the whole story with her. 

Is she the one who looked like an Oompa Loompa for cameos- all orange on her face & hands? Kelli said something like "didn't you read the memo on not to tan?" Then to Judy "are they just stupid?" Not an exact quote but something to that effect.

does anyone follow the TCC's on Twitter? Usually there are clues of who just got released. Seems like we don't have as much insider info leaks as in the past!

I would imagine there are 2 cuts this week- or serious warnings that will be cut early next week!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Did we ever find out if there was a cut last night?  If so, did we find out who it was?  If not, that would be a HUGE relief for the girls, especially those called into the office.

I don’t think there was or Nobody is saying 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Awww..I didn't know that. Now I feel bad. I didn't follow any of these boards back then. Poor woman, I hope she went on to way bigger and better things. 

58 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Awww..I didn't know that. Now I feel bad. I didn't follow any of these boards back then. Poor woman, I hope she went on to way bigger and better things. 

I think she went on to the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blues Dancers squad for at least one year. Take that CMT, Kelli, Charlotte and Judy. Sorry I had to throw the last sentence in.

17 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I do think group leaders have something of a say with the girls.  Not necessarily who will get cut, but that, if Kelli/Judy/Charlotte aren't sure, then they might call in group leaders to give more details on a girl's dancing/performance/personality/etc.  We've seen them do it before (Lacey, Robin, Emma Sydney, and likely others) to get a reading on a girl who might be showing one side to their group leaders and another to K & J.  

I totally agree that K&J expect the GL's to report any negative behavior to them immediately. For example, we all watched the disappointment that K&J had towards Jenna when she did not speak up about Holly. Kelly said something like, you missed your opportunity in helping us get ahead of this situation. So, yes GL's are expected to be their eyes and ears because they are not always around. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

How are some of these girls “HD friendly” yet Kelli said Courtney (Broadway Bring it on) was not when she auditioned? Oh well , their loss ! I think she would have been a great DCC and looks amazing! She at least will perform with a team that will get through the playoffs lol and I am a Cowboys fan ?‍♀️

DE4A4445-452A-412A-B709-F7B0A24CB8E4.jpeg

Because Makeup and Photoshop. I get what they were saying, but she's come together now. But you're right, the Patriots are definitely going to get through to the playoffs..home field..so she'll definitely get to perform more.

• Love 2
On 7/18/2018 at 7:35 AM, Holly85 said:

Randi did make finals, just not TC. I can tell you she spent this week working with SMU Pom helping them get ready for camp.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Middlemom said:

I don’t believe she was pulled for weight gain considering that they’ve had way too many “overweight” girls front and center (not even suspended for one game). Maybe it was a combination of bad performance and weight gain?but stil...

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Middlemom said:

I think that happened to her before she auditioned for the DCC.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think she went on to the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blues Dancers squad for at least one year. Take that CMT, Kelli, Charlotte and Judy. Sorry I had to throw the last sentence in.

Amy was a DCRB for 2 seasons; the first 2 they were a co-ed squad.  I think Miranda ( Sea Gals)  was on the DCRB the last year it was all female.

• Love 1