Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Here is a better shot of Jessika where she doesn't look boxy.  I think she looks great here.

Jessika is facially STUNNING. her pic last year where she had her face half in the water...her eyes looked incredible.  she can be very photogenic.  

8 minutes ago, OKFan said:

I feel terrible for Heather. The reason she lives in Dallas is the be a DCC. Why would they do that? She is so kind and thoughtful to her teammates. She is the epitome of a leader. 

I love Heather too! :)  But I have a feeling she is not upset about it, for reasons you mentioned.  She is a classy, mature person who will not be in a snit because she wasn't chosen for a GL.  It's kind of like how Nicole said at the first meeting Monday...she was probowl and a GL but never moved up in triangle. Doesn't make her less successful as a DCC or less appreciated by K&J  :) You can still have a huge influence on the squad and community without having a technical leadership position.  I wonder who her little sis in for the summer? 

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Jessika is facially STUNNING. her pic last year where she had her face half in the water...her eyes looked incredible.  she can be very photogenic.  

I love Heather too! :)  But I have a feeling she is not upset about it, for reasons you mentioned.  She is a classy, mature person who will not be in a snit because she wasn't chosen for a GL.  It's kind of like how Nicole said at the first meeting Monday...she was probowl and a GL but never moved up in triangle. Doesn't make her less successful as a DCC or less appreciated by K&J  :) You can still have a huge influence on the squad and community without having a technical leadership position.  I wonder who her little sis in for the summer? 

Look at Tobie and Melissa K - 5 year veterans, great dancers, show group, popular on appearances, lots of friends within the squad and I don't think they were group leaders.  As a matter of fact, both of them were called out as rookies for not being field-ready and they showed everyone how wrong they were:)

Not everyone can be a group leader, pro bowl rep or do show group, but they can still be strong performers and team players who bring a lot to the squad.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

You are correct @LaurenBrook   Thanks for helping me see things in a positive way. ?

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

A picture from tangerine salon instagram for rookie makeovers...

image1 (11).png

I love how it's shot form a weird angle so we can't see who it is.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love Heather too! :)  But I have a feeling she is not upset about it, for reasons you mentioned.  She is a classy, mature person who will not be in a snit because she wasn't chosen for a GL.  It's kind of like how Nicole said at the first meeting Monday...she was probowl and a GL but never moved up in triangle. Doesn't make her less successful as a DCC or less appreciated by K&J  :) You can still have a huge influence on the squad and community without having a technical leadership position.  I wonder who her little sis in for the summer

Bridget

• Love 4
(edited)

Has anyone ever gone straight to a First Group leader like Maddie?  I haven’t paid much attention to the group leaders until the last two years, but it always seemed that a group leader was groomed - second group leaders led to becoming first group leaders. 

I LOVE that Maddie was made a first group leader. She was shown teaching the sexy hips to Lauren last year, and I always imagined she was a kind and patient, friendly teacher. Goes to show you that you can’t forecast what will happen in a season. I mean - last year people were shocked when Holly wasn’t made a group leader and then look how the season turned out.. it was almost like foreshadowing (I mean imagine if Ericka and Holly had been 1GL and 2GL for group four!)

I love how @ShellyB mentioned that K+J have more tricks up their sleeves. That’s gotta be a hint about there being more to the story. Can’t WAIT for this season to start!!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Stee said:

Has anyone ever gone straight to a First Group leader like Maddie?  I haven’t paid much attention to the group leaders until the last two years, but it always seemed that a group leader was groomed - second group leaders led to becoming first group leaders. 

I LOVE that Maddie was made a first group leader. She was shown teaching the sexy hips to Lauren last year, and I always imagined she was a kind and patient, friendly teacher. Goes to show you that you can’t forecast what will happen in a season. I mean - last year people were shocked when Holly wasn’t made a group leader and then look how the season turned out.. it was almost like foreshadowing (I mean imagine if Ericka and Holly had been 1GL and 2GL for group four!)

I love how @ShellyB mentioned that K+J have more tricks up their sleeves. That’s gotta be a hint about there being more to the story. Can’t WAIT for this season to start!!

Holly Arielle

10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

In the comments, someone said Heather retired. Anyone have any insight?

She did make it back to TC for another year as far as I know. Unless something happened.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Holly was an assistant group leader her third year, and group leader her fourth and fifth year.

Season 8, 9, 10 leaders

8: Jackie & Mackenzie, Sydney & Emma, Mia & Amelia, Lauren & Nicole

9: Sydney & Angela, Nicole & Jennifer, Emma & Jennifer, Holly & Jacie

10: Holly & Danielle, Jacie & Kinzie, Jennifer & Jessica, Angela & Jenna

2018-06-10 (3).png

Edited by Tootie
added names
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

GUYS WHERE IS HEATHER!!!!! OMG I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER :(

I'm shocked that Heather wasn't named a group leader... but I'm thrilled for Madeline!! 

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I am so excited for Maddie getting the opportunity to be a GL!  Based on her growth & teaching experience, I think she will do great! 

Same here ! I'm thrilled for her! 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She did make it back to TC for another year as far as I know. Unless something happened.

She was in the pics for the first TC meeting on June 4th.  Maybe she didn't want to be considered for GL? 

3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

If she isn’t on the leaderboard at all, I can only assume she told Kelli and Judy that she didn’t want to be considered. Perhaps after doing G2 last year, she doesn’t think it’s for her?

That's what I'm wondering ... bc she was at the first meeting for TC last week.  

(edited)

I wonder if Dayton and Victoria were placed in the same group? How fun for them if they were ☺️

And I’m super happy for Maddie and how far she’s come since her first year in TC ☺️

Edited by cvogue
Added comment
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Season 8, 9, 10 leaders

8: Jackie & Mackenzie, Sydney & Emma, Mia & Amelia, Lauren & Nicole

9: Sydney & Angela, Nicole & Jennifer, Emma & Jennifer, Holly & Jacie

10: Holly & Danielle, Jacie & Kinzie, Jennifer & Jessica, Angela & Jenna

2018-06-10 (3).png

You see this is why I want to see on the show the announcement of BOTH 1st and 2nd GLs . Until I saw these photos, I would have never known Mackenzie, Amelia, and Kinzie were 2nd Gls since they retired after. I am really excited about Khalyn as a 2nd because she has always been kind of hidden in all the videos I have seen of routines and now she will get more big screen time!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

In the comments, someone said Heather retired. Anyone have any insight?

It says in the comments that person that said Heather retired was thinking of Maggie.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I saw that But you never know she could change her mind 

So true she could change her mind.... When I went to post the picture I was thinking the season hasn't even started and yet she's saying she'll finish this journey in group 2 (like a very early retirement announcement). It'll be interesting to see if she does change her mind as the season progresses 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Angie said:

So true she could change her mind.... When I went to post the picture I was thinking the season hasn't even started and yet she's saying she'll finish this journey in group 2 (like a very early retirement announcement). It'll be interesting to see if she does change her mind as the season progresses 

I know right Jenna had her heart set on retiring after her 5 years then changed her mind and auditioned for a 6th year 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I know right Jenna had her heart set on retiring after her 5 years then changed her mind and auditioned for a 6th year 

I think we will see very few vets retire after this season considering about half of them are going into their second season

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Angie said:

According to this picture this will be KaShara's last season

Screenshot_2018-06-10-15-32-16.png

Well so much for my 5 year prediction for KaShara :) 

24 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Khalyn may singlehandedly be the most gorgeous girl on the team this year. God she is beautiful.

If Jasmin makes it, Khalyn and Jasmin will be the two most beautiful girls ! I love Khalyn and I am really pulling for Jasmin!

16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I HOPE she changes her mind!!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well that would definitely apply to other girls...but having been a GL2 and then not only getting removed completely but seeing someone being promoted straight to GL1 must be hard. Yes they are aaall amazing young women who feel no jealousy towards each other... but they're human beings so there's no way she doesn't feel bad, even if she's truly happy for Maddie. She has been demoted and it will be equally surprising if they remove Kashara from point. And as Shelly's response was so cryptic, I highly doubt she just didn't want to be considered, as Shelly would have just said this. Since we have  no official answer, I've decided that they liked the symmetry of having 2 blondes and 2 brunettes as GL, so Heather had to go!

Is there a significance of being GL in group 1? I was expecting kashara to get this tbh.

• Love 3

Really pleased with group leader picks - also a little surprised about Heather but given she did quite a serious university subject maybe she isn't able to dedicate as much time to dance. Or maybe they'll surprise us with a secret group 5 ;) 

Really glad Tasha has been featured - I think she had to work extra hard last season and it's so impressive that she juggles this all with a daughter! 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Jennifer J said:

Happy for Maddie.  From being cut in training camp in 2015, to group leader in 2018!

I am happy for her too, she seems like a really sweet girl and if she doesn't retire anytime soon I bet one day she'll be group 1 leader as I feel like this is who leads the team for the majority of rehearsals 

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Amy listed out her veterans:  Lauren, Jessika & Alexis.

I wish we knew who is in each group 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well that would definitely apply to other girls...but having been a GL2 and then not only getting removed completely but seeing someone being promoted straight to GL1 must be hard. Yes they are aaall amazing young women who feel no jealousy towards each other... but they're human beings so there's no way she doesn't feel bad, even if she's truly happy for Maddie. She has been demoted and it will be equally surprising if they remove Kashara from point. And as Shelly's response was so cryptic, I highly doubt she just didn't want to be considered, as Shelly would have just said this. Since we have  no official answer, I've decided that they liked the symmetry of having 2 blondes and 2 brunettes as GL, so Heather had to go!

Is there a significance of being GL in group 1? I was expecting kashara to get this tbh.

I guess we will see if Kash got demoted from point and that's why Lacey got Group 1.  She is the only five year girl tho and was named a GL last year before Kash was (since Erica was still there at that time).  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I guess we will see if Kash got demoted from point and that's why Lacey got Group 1.  She is the only five year girl tho and was named a GL last year before Kash was (since Erica was still there at that time).  

When Kashara got GL because of Erica getting cut, who was her 2nd GL?

(edited)
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sydney was grp 1 leader but Holly (I think) was point...  Cassie was grp 1 leader but Whitney was point.  They don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

When Kashara got GL because of Erica getting cut, who was her 2nd GL?

Heather

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I Ike these group leaders..... I think they’ve chosen wisely. All of these girls are hard workers and nice people. I don’t think we’ll see veteran drama this year. My prediction is all vets make the squad, unless weaker vets like Christina get completely shown up in camp by rookies.

They went for mature and stabilizing.....I applaud them!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Tootie said:

lexiesullivan26HECKKK YESSS GROUP 4 I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! You can’t get rid of me ? #Roomies #Group4 ?

Looks like Lexie is in grp 4...

I think a list needs to start being made on who is in whose group as they start saying what group they are in 

• Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

While it’s possible that they will put Lacey at point, I don’t think Lacey being group 1 leader is any indication. I don’t think Whitney was the Group 1 leader, and she was point. If anything, I would’ve side-eyed it if Lacey wasn’t the GL for Group 1. She’s the most senior one there. Kinda like how I would’ve been highly surprised last year if Jenna wasn’t GL for Group 1 and Jinelle GL for Group 2.

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Not necessarily.  There have been a few girls where their first time in the office is when they're being cut.  I remember at least one girl was confused about being called into the office, then she was upset because she got cut with pretty much no warning, as in, she wasn't called into the office and given a wake-up call of sorts.  If she was given corrections on the dance floor, I don't remember them.  Why call some girls in time after time, then put them on the team while others never get called in until the day they're cut?  If the girls are not making the corrections, that deserves at least one office visit to let them know that, if they don't fix what they're told to, the next time they're in the office, they're going to be cut, then follow through.  Same with the other reasons we've heard.  Questionable social media posts?  Most were warned at least once in the office and the next time they were cut.  I'm sure there are/were other examples. 

Don't worry about it.  I was trying to be humorous about the glitch, but it didn't translate the way it was supposed to.  I didn't mean to sound rude, upset, or anything else.

I think the confused girl was cut because Kitty out of the blue (or not) decided she didn’t like her.  She wasn’t on the radar until Kitty said something to Kelly, and then Kelly said Kitty gives us clarity. (If i remember this correctly).  They always said you want to be noticed but in a good way.  

42 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Group 1:
1. Lacey
2. Tasha
3. Gina
4. Miranda

Group 2:
1. Kashara
2. Khalyn

Group 3:
1. Amy
2. Tess
3. Jessika
4. Lauren
5. Alexis

Group 4:
1. Madeline
2. Kelli
3. Lexie 

Since there's 21 vets  each group will have 5 vets then one will have six so as it stands now I don't think Amy will have any other vets in her group.