Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I hope TC this year will run more smoothly and drama free for everyone.

Especially the veterans.  While I don't think they have the panache of past squads, they do seem like a decently nice group of people.

• Love 8

I wonder if the show is putting more pressure on the TC Candidates and vets now because viewers and fans have more insight into what the girls actually have to in order to make the team and stay on the team. I would be pulling my hair or running off at the mouth if I was a vet or rookie. In otherwords, I would drive Judy and Kelli crazy to the point I would be the first cut in TC.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if the show is putting more pressure on the TC Candidates and vets now because viewers and fans have more insight into what the girls actually have to in order to make the team and stay on the team. I would be pulling my hair or running off at the mouth if I was a vet or rookie. In otherwords, I would drive Judy and Kelli crazy to the point I would be the first cut in TC.

This. I'm so not a "yes ma'am" type of person unless I really have to be. I'd find it really hard to just shut my mouth and take critiques if I was a DCC.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The girl on the left in the third photo is GORGEOUS and I love her style.  The girls in the top photo look nice.

Malena reminds me of Gabrielle Union....and Gabby (second photo in the blue dress) is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Really beautiful girls this year ?

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, raindancer said:

Malena reminds me of Gabrielle Union....and Gabby (second photo in the blue dress) is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Really beautiful girls this year ?

Malena has really surprised me in pics, because the first one I saw of her was unflattering. I also like what she wore to the first meeting, business-like, but still attractive. Really she was the only one dressed for a work event. The rest were going to a wedding or happy hour.

BTW she is a cancer survivor, so expect that to get a lot of airtime. I hope she slays the dancing.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Malena has really surprised me in pics, because the first one I saw of her was unflattering. I also like what she wore to the first meeting, business-like, but still attractive. Really she was the only one dressed for a work event. The rest were going to a wedding or happy hour.

I'm a big fan of the button down shirt-pencil skirt look, I thought she looked great & very appropriate.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

Oh boo. Ok replace her with Kelli maybe? 

I think she's a good choice :) 

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I'm a big fan of the button down shirt-pencil skirt look, I thought she looked great & very appropriate.

Same here.  I think she looked great :)

• Love 4

I hate saying this, but Rookie Candidate Rachel looks a little like wacky Season 11? TC Candidate Megan who told Kelli and Judy she was taking classes so she was leaving TC before they had the chance to cut her. She also looks a little like Tasha (to me a good thing because Tasha is definitely looks good in front of the camera especially on last year's swimsuit calendar cover.)

47 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hate saying this, but Rookie Candidate Rachel looks a little like wacky Season 11? TC Candidate Megan who told Kelli and Judy she was taking classes so she was leaving TC before they had the chance to cut her. She also looks a little like Tasha (to me a good thing because Tasha is definitely looks good in front of the camera especially on last year's swimsuit calendar cover.)

47 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes! I knew she reminded of someone from a past season :) Thank you! But I think Rachel is much more grounded that she was ~

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Megan B was gorgeous if not a little odd so I don't think LOOKING like her will be a factor, esp because that's been a few years now.  

I LOVE Rachel Wyatt!! 

I do not think Rachel looking like Megan will hurt her either. I am amazed how much the girls can look like each other.

21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Go check out the TC videos @ShellyB has shared on her Insta live!  I've never seen footage ahead of the show airing so it's fun to see the rookies at this early stage.

I can't find them? Help please? Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I can't find them? Help please? Thanks!!

Insta live stories are only up for a short time!  24 hours I believe. I'm so sorry but if they aren't showing then they are now gone.

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

That's a pretty bold statement. Do you have physical proof of that? You are basically saying the Cowboys cheerleading organization is racist. Not trying to start a debate, but that

kind of generalization is toxic. If there is actual proof, then shame on them. 

There have always been 2-5 AA women on the team each year since they've fielded a team of 36. You can choose to believe that is proof that they don't want "too many" AAs on the team. Or you can choose to believe that they want to make sure there is good representation while also dealing with the fact that the number of qualified AA women who audition is very low. Or maybe there's another theory I haven't  heard. YMMV.

For what it is worth, I've been following the DCC since long before the tv show, and have never seen large numbers of brown girls turn up at auditions. Not from the photos I have seen.

I suppose if you wanted to, you could argue that there are tons of AA women there, but the photographers are racist too and don't give as much attention to girls with melanin.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Does anyone think that the current cheerleading scandals will come up as a theme in this season?

I think CMT/Charlotte are too conservative to broach it but it's seriously an elephant in the room at the moment.

It's so interesting because there's no doubt in my mind that K/J and the organisation are independent, smart, empowered women who wouldn't withstand being treated badly themselves and I'm NOT saying DCC are treated badly but they are talked to/spoken about in a way that I can't imagine adult women withstanding in any other industry. I get the relationship with alumni etc but can you imagine someone who used to do your job turning up at your place of work and criticising your work and appearance?

Again - I get why it happens but it is so old fashioned and in light of cheerleaders speaking out in such full force I wonder if it'll effect the season? 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Does anyone think that the current cheerleading scandals will come up as a theme in this season?

I think CMT/Charlotte are too conservative to broach it but it's seriously an elephant in the room at the moment.

It's so interesting because there's no doubt in my mind that K/J and the organisation are independent, smart, empowered women who wouldn't withstand being treated badly themselves and I'm NOT saying DCC are treated badly but they are talked to/spoken about in a way that I can't imagine adult women withstanding in any other industry. I get the relationship with alumni etc but can you imagine someone who used to do your job turning up at your place of work and criticising your work and appearance?

Again - I get why it happens but it is so old fashioned and in light of cheerleaders speaking out in such full force I wonder if it'll effect the season? 

Not a chance, and it seems like the response from multiple former DCCs has basically been to try and downplay the controversy. 

22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Not a chance, and it seems like the response from multiple former DCCs has basically been to try and downplay the controversy. 

I just wonder if a rookie will kick off like a MeToo effect

I just don't think K and J and C would be willing to give up any airtime talking about anything other than how amazing the Cowboys and DCC are. Talking about scandals on other teams is only wasting time talking about what they love- the girls that are willing to give up anything to be on DCC. And that'll never change.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I'm NOT saying DCC are treated badly but they are talked to/spoken about in a way that I can't imagine adult women withstanding in any other industry.

I agree ... for most industries. However, I can easily imagine it happening in any situation where the woman's job greatly depends on her looks/sex appeal, as much or even more than whatever skill or talent she brings to the job. Women who work in "breastaurants" like Hooters. Women who do those spokesmodel type of gigs like car shows, trade shows, and racetracks, women who work as bottle girls or party hosts, etc.

• Love 1

Maybe Christina and her participation trophy Barbie will be cut and Brennan will make the team and all will be right in the world again

OMG!!  Participation trophy!! I’m on the floor!! Bahahaha!!!

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't remember seeing this one before.

Jessika looks a little boxy here...sad since she’s got a great figure.  They need a new photographer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Jessika looks a little boxy here...sad since she’s got a great figure.  They need a new photographer.

She really is that boxy...like a rock 

• Love 7

They aired the episodes from last season where they did the final cut. That night, Christina, Savannah and Keyra were being called out. Keyra was just basically needing to smile more,

but the other girls were low kicks and mistakes. Savannah was clearly a package deal with Tara. Christina I believe was picked because they felt bad for her. So poor Taryn was cut, when

she had better kicks and better performance. My point is, that you never know their thought process when it comes to the final decisions. 

Also, to the person who said they had been following the DCC before the show. I am around Kelli and Judy's age, so I too have been following the DCC for years. Regardless of how long one has followed them, does not mean we know why the pick the squad they do. All theory on our part. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

I just don't think K and J and C would be willing to give up any airtime talking about anything other than how amazing the Cowboys and DCC are. Talking about scandals on other teams is only wasting time talking about what they love- the girls that are willing to give up anything to be on DCC. And that'll never change.

Excellent point. Look at last season how many episodes were dedicated to how "amazing" the Cowboys are, but never once was anything mentioned regarding the awful things certain players were in the news for. They are great at ignoring the elephant in the room while continuously stroking their own ego. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Just saw that they did a "big & little sister" reveal tonight. I think that's new. TCC Erin posted that her "big sister" is Tess.

They used to do this in the early seasons of the show. Glad they're bringing it back!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Interesting that Kalyssa made the edit considering the direction her IG has taken.  I guess that's considered invincible too.

How did I not know Ashley Williams (#121) was trying out??????  She is a PHENOMENAL dancer, I wish she would have made it to TC ?

3 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Savannah was clearly a package deal with Tara

I remember them saying that and also being shocked when Kitty told Kelli and Judy to keep Savannah because she likes her look but cut Tara because she is unattractive and didn’t stand out ? Tara was clearly the better performer Ms Technique expert 

And Kitty gave them crap about wanting to keeping Emily on as along as they did just because she was pretty and saying “well pretty doesn’t cut it” oh but it does for Savannah? Lol don’t get me wrong I love Savannah and glad she made it but which is it Kitty ? 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree ... for most industries. However, I can easily imagine it happening in any situation where the woman's job greatly depends on her looks/sex appeal, as much or even more than whatever skill or talent she brings to the job. Women who work in "breastaurants" like Hooters. Women who do those spokesmodel type of gigs like car shows, trade shows, and racetracks, women who work as bottle girls or party hosts, etc.

I mean that's the point tho - being one of "America's Sweethearts" where you go on USO tours and are doing press, media etc just shouldn't be comparable to working at hooters. No offence to hooters ladies. 

• Love 1

I'm excited about this season and the training camp candidates.  I was not surprised at all that Keyra and Selina were cut.  Selina had been warned in the past and looked big at finals.  Keyra always was on the bubble with her more muscular build and larger bottom portion.  She looked bigger to me in the pictures from finals.  Judy was not a fan of her last year, and Keyra came across with an attitude during last year's show.  We forget that the DCC has an entire season that K and J have lasting impressions from.  I am all for a wider range of body builds but K, J, and C seem to like them smaller and smaller each year.  

As to the legacies, I wish Dayton and Victoria the best.  They have to know people are watching them.  Both of them could tone up some more but have years of dance training.  The small bits we see on social media is not enough to judge these ladies.  Both girls are pretty.

And I so hope Brennan finally makes the team.  She comes across so classy.

I hope Kasha is still at point.  I love Lacey but IMO her lyrical style is not what is needed at point.

Christina and that horrible jumpsuit.  She needs to find a teammate that is more her height to borrow from.  She's the vet I believe could be at risk during training camp.

So I wonder who will be the first cut??

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Looks? She literally has no curve. Like a board. 

I'm glad they're doing the big sister thing again.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Just saw that they did a "big & little sister" reveal tonight. I think that's new. TCC Erin posted that her "big sister" is Tess.

I'm glad that they're doing the "big sister/little sister" thing again.  It might help the girls really learn the ropes instead of looking around them and hoping that they pick up on things that aren't always talked about.  Some of the rookie candidates might be afraid to ask veterans about things they've seen, heard or otherwise had questions about so get wrong impressions, ideas or other misinformation.  At least this way, there's at least one girl they're more comfortable with that they can ask the "embarrassing" questions of.

We haven't heard of any cuts yet.  I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.  However, I can only remember one time that they cut a girl first week and that was Carla.  My memory isn't known to be the best so I tend to not remember all the things I should.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DBAAT said:

They aired the episodes from last season where they did the final cut. That night, Christina, Savannah and Keyra were being called out. Keyra was just basically needing to smile more,

but the other girls were low kicks and mistakes. Savannah was clearly a package deal with Tara. Christina I believe was picked because they felt bad for her. So poor Taryn was cut, when

she had better kicks and better performance. My point is, that you never know their thought process when it comes to the final decisions. 

Also, to the person who said they had been following the DCC before the show. I am around Kelli and Judy's age, so I too have been following the DCC for years. Regardless of how long one has followed them, does not mean we know why the pick the squad they do. All theory on our part. 

I really wish we knew their thought process and how they choose the girls.  Often times it seems so unfair to the girls like Taryn that did better at everything than the girl that gets chosen.  I think they choose girls for many different reasons even maybe one girl over another just because she is from a state that they don't have a girl from.  So many reasons will will never be told.  I feel for Taryn and all the girls they cut that are way better.  It seems like it would be a hard thing to get over and maybe that is why Taryn didn't try out this year.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Kelli q is Kristin dodds big sister and Rachel is Taylor t big sister 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, go4luca said:

Insta live stories are only up for a short time!  24 hours I believe. I'm so sorry but if they aren't showing then they are now gone.

I have an Insta account. I assume those little circles in the right side of the main  page on top are them. When I click on one all I get is a fast moving video with no sound. What am I doing wrong? Do I need an app?

So excited to prepare for @DCCMTTonCMT makeover day tomorrow!! Who’s going to leave @tangerinesalons a new woman?!? @DCCheerleaders @Kelli_Finglass @DCC_Judy @CMT #DCCMakingTheTeam #makeoverday #tangerinesalon #aveda #cmt

Wonder who all will be made over.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I have an Insta account. I assume those little circles in the right side of the main  page on top are them. When I click on one all I get is a fast moving video with no sound. What am I doing wrong? Do I need an app?

You're spot on and found how to view the Insta stories (although mine appear on the left side of the page, not the right).  Some stories have sound, some do not.  You never know.  Not sure why your videos are playing fast although some folks (ie:  Jenna, Holly, sometimes use a fast, jerking style to some of their videos.  Makes me nuts).  The only app you need is Instagram.  Depending on how you view IG, your viewing mileage will vary.  On a desktop, you may not have access to messages, etc.  IG was designed for mobile use not desktop but you can view it on your desktop / laptop.

One thing you can look into, depending on which browser you use, are extensions to download the videos or full rez of photos.  There are various browser extensions available.  This is how I DL the various photos and videos I've shared here.

3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm glad that they're doing the "big sister/little sister" thing again.  It might help the girls really learn the ropes instead of looking around them and hoping that they pick up on things that aren't always talked about.  Some of the rookie candidates might be afraid to ask veterans about things they've seen, heard or otherwise had questions about so get wrong impressions, ideas or other misinformation.  At least this way, there's at least one girl they're more comfortable with that they can ask the "embarrassing" questions of.

We haven't heard of any cuts yet.  I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.  However, I can only remember one time that they cut a girl first week and that was Carla.  My memory isn't known to be the best so I tend to not remember all the things I should.

Poor Carla. She did not seem to be the brightest bulb in the bunch. I think she was brought to TC to make a point about having naughty pictures of yourself floating around because it can damage the DCC reputation. I personally want to feed her ex-boyfriend's jewels to the hungriest alligator I could find with them still attached to him. The poor girl did not have a chance of making the team, and I cannot believe she ranked higher than Allyssa Torres did with the judges.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Poor Carla. She did not seem to be the brightest bulb in the bunch. I think she was brought to TC to make a point about having naughty pictures of yourself floating around because it can damage the DCC reputation. I personally want to feed her ex-boyfriend's jewels to the hungriest alligator I could find with them still attached to him. The poor girl did not have a chance of making the team, and I cannot believe she ranked higher than Allyssa Torres did with the judges.

Her boyfriend (ex or not) was a straight-up *sswipe to do that to her.  I'd be worried about any current or ex girlfriend of his because he seems to be a manipulative jerk who will stoop to revenge porn or other things to get back at someone who dumps him.  He seemed to be of the type that thinks "I'M going to be the one to determine when, or if, this relationship is over, not HER."  Carla seemed more upset about being cut, understandably, than the pictures and very bitter towards men, also understandable to a degree, then abused in the stereotypical sense of the word.

I'm still curious about who will be the first cut and WHO will be among the carnage of cuts regardless if they be rookie candidates or vets.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Where was this?  Facebook, IG, or Twitter?