Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Brennan will make it this year, in part to make up for last year.  I think, if Kelli and Judy had waited to cut her until after Canton, Brennan would have made the squad and Taryn and one other girl would have gotten cut.  I know who I think would have gotten cut, but I'm not going to keep harping on it.  I also think there's going to be at least one surprise cut this year, but I'm going to wait and see if I'm just blowing smoke or if it really happens.

Love this and totally agree. I am not the biggest Brennan fan, but she hands down should have made the team over Christina. 

Maybe Christina and her participation trophy Barbie will be cut and Brennan will make the team and all will be right in the world again. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Love this and totally agree. I am not the biggest Brennan fan, but she hands down should have made the team over Christina. 

Maybe Christina and her participation trophy Barbie will be cut and Brennan will make the team and all will be right in the world again. 

As much as I would appreciate seeing Christina cut, it may or may not happen and it wouldn't be much of a surprise, more of a "What took them so long?" from a lot of people.  If they did cut Christina, doing it on the same night Brennan was cut last year would be appropriate or, if they truly wanted to be mean, make her the last girl cut before the squad was announced (and maybe mentioned that, since she had taken Brennan's place on the squad last year, Brennan would be taken her place this year).  Yes, I'm salty about Christina not only making the squad last year over Brennan and Taryn, but also making it to Training Camp this year despite what we've heard about her attitude and her dance abilities.

I think third time's a charm for Brennan and she'll be able to relax into it more this year, especially if Judy and Kelli remain on her side the entire time.  Brennan's got the experience, she's likely perfected the routines, so she's mainly got to work on the facials and relaxing into things when performing in front of Judy and Kelli.

• Love 4

I take it with a grain of salt about Christina's alleged diva attitude. I also do not think she took Brennan's spot on the squad. Brennan tried out in Season 11, and she still did not make the squad. Who do we blame in Season 11 for Brennan not making the team. I am not saying Brennan should not have made the team the last two seasons, but putting the blame on Christina is not going to get her on the team either.

6 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

Somebody fill me in on what we know about Christina's personality? Besides she's whiny?

Someone said Christina has a diva type attitude and thinks she is better than the other girls. I take it with a grain of salt. I started liking Christina after listening to at least one of the podcasts she did. She sounded down to earth to me, and someone I could relate to. Of course opinions may vary.

5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I know I'm just spouting smoke and a salty attitude myself these days about Christina at this point so I'll show myself out for a while.

I admit I did not care for Christina the first time she made TC in Season 9, and I did not care for her last season either. If I did not listen to the podcasts the last few months, I probably would be on the why is Christina still on the team fence side.

I’m just lukewarm on Christina. I don’t have a reason to really like her or to dislike her. I actually think she’s one of the cuter second year girls, and I don’t think she’s the worst dancer of the bunch. I don’t recall seeing a video of her where she was chasing the choreography, but I’ve seen several where Savanna is clearly behind. 

As for her being a diva, i try to take all insider info with a grain of salt when about peope’s character. It’s posdible that she may just not get along with some ppl on the team (due to a personality clash not because she did anything), and whoever she doesn’t get along with may be spreading the rumors. Or it may just be totally made up. Reminds me of the “everyone on the team hates Jenna” posts from last summer. Clearly she has friends on the team. She’s off the team now (so no need for faking anymore), and she still hanging with former DCCs, and they’re still commenting on her posts about loving her, etc. Long story short, information on here is not always accurate. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, hypeman said:

The PICTURES do not support the idea that she was heavier than last year! I always that the weight gain thing was bullshit. They may have soured on her body type or something else.

There are always vet cuts that are head scratches. Raylee and Heather H made little sense last year, and Keyra seems baseless this year. I'm willing to wait to see how they cover it. For the record,  last year's discussion of Raylee seemed like it was recorded afterwards. And the kicked the wrong way thing for Heather H was really dumb, especially when the real kickline is what she was doing.

Also, IMO Selina looked fine. I totally reject the idea that everyone has to look emaciated to look good in the uniform.

What I really think happened was there was 5 black women that they liked better than Keyra.

I feel like Keyra is an example of when certain demographics are afraid of the BLACK GIRL MAGIC women bring to sports and entertainment. Presenting my evidence: She’s a phenomenal dancer. In some episodes, I felt her reactions were a bit...challenge-y against certain peo-Judy, with Judy. ? Because her reactions were like bishsaywha? And not trembling and crying and snorting everywhere like others (no shade, just comparing her demeanor to the more sensitive types). Sure,she was probably making a mistake here and there last season, but they let Brianna get away with OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL BS. I think when Judy addressed Keyra’s mistakes, Keyra was like ??? because she probably assumed she had it down.  I side with her but with this pro team, you gotta YES MA’AM until you make it. See: Amy’s face when Kitty tried to come for her and she had her defensive face on. No, that doesn’t fly over there. Say yes ma’am. Sadly, that’s what you gotta do. 

Unless Keyra was a toxic person (ummmm doubt it), there is no way Brennan or the Legend daughters are better dancers than this fit, powerful LSU Tiger dance alumni. And I am super mad and annoyed and I doubt they could come up with a reason to satisfy her fans. I look forward to whatever lame excuse they provide. 

Sorry for the essay response but I am quite upset about Keyra not returning.  UGH. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
Keyra has me misspelling I’m so upset ?
  • Love 23
56 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I know I'm just spouting smoke and a salty attitude myself these days about Christina at this point so I'll show myself out for a while.

Don't leave because of my comment LOL, it wasn't directed at you or anyone. I'm still not sold on Christina, just hadn't kept up with what was wrong with her besides her dancing.

40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL Selina :)

Ha!

4 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I feel like Keyra is an example of when certain demographics are afraid of the BLACK GIRL MAGIC women bring to sports and entertainment. Presenting my evidence: She’s a phenomenal dancer. In some episodes, I felt her reactions were a bit...challenge-y against certain peo-Judy, with Judy. ? Because her reactions were like bishsaywha? And not trembling and crying and snorting everywhere like others (no shade, just comparing her demeanor to the more sensitive types). Sure,she was probably making a mistake here and there last season, but they let Brianna get away with OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL BS. I think when Judy addressed Keyra’s mistakes, Keyra was like ??? because she probably assumed she had it down.  I side with her but with this pro team, you gotta YES MA’AM until you make it. See: Amy’s face when Kitty tried to come for her and she had her defensive face on. No, that doesn’t fly over there. Say yes ma’am. Sadly, that’s what you gotta do. 

Unless Keyra was a toxic person (ummmm doubt it), there is no way Brennan or the Legend daughters are better dancers than this fit, powerful LSU Tiger dance alumni. And I am super mad and annoyed and I doubt they could come up with a reason to satisfy her fans. I look forward to whatever lame excuse they provide. 

Sorry for the essay response but I am quite upset about Keyra not returning.  UGH. 

I remembered when she was called into the office, and she said she was confused because her group leaders said she was doing well, but Kelli and Judy were calling her out for things. I also remembered her I am Keyra segment when she said she was going to make the team, and it was not her dancing which cause her to be cut at semi-finals or finals the first three times she tried out. I think she was starting to get an attitude at the end and maybe Judy was seeing it, and it may have cause Judy not to be pro-Keyra, and Kelli was looking more at the firecracker side of Keyra instead of seeing the whole picture. And throw in the fact in the last episode she said she thought her dancing skills before TC was going to get her on the squad with no problems, but she soon found out it she had to step it up if she was going to make the team.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Ha!

I remembered when she was called into the office, and she said she was confused because her group leaders said she was doing well, but Kelli and Judy were calling her out for things. I also remembered her I am Keyra segment when she said she was going to make the team, and it was not her dancing which cause her to be cut at semi-finals or finals the first three times she tried out. I think she was starting to get an attitude at the end and maybe Judy was seeing it, and it may have cause Judy not to be pro-Keyra, and Kelli was looking more at the firecracker side of Keyra instead of seeing the whole picture. And throw in the fact in the last episode she said she thought her dancing skills before TC was going to get her on the squad with no problems, but she soon found out it she had to step it up if she was going to make the team.

I'm still upset about Keyra too. IMHO, even the best technical dancers have struggled with the so called "DCC" dance style, however I totally agree with the poster that stated that its hard to believe that Christina, Brennan etc., are better dancers/performers than Keyra. I think that you can be the best dancer but if the DCC powers that be don't like you and you are not the "yes maam type you will not survive the DCC world. 

• Love 8

I too am still ticked about the loss of Keyra. Her strong personality might have rubbed folks the wrong way. 

The Hall of Fame episode was just on and still don't know how Christina was kept on the team. Her kicks were so low and her split was wonky. I remember when they cut the one girl that was the powerhouse dancer  race car driver but had low kicks. I don't get why they cut one and keep the other. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Ha!  I think we all have these moments.  We're human.  Enjoy an umbrella drink, some zen time or whatever makes you happy these days! ;o)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I'm still upset about Keyra too. IMHO, even the best technical dancers have struggled with the so called "DCC" dance style, however I totally agree with the poster that stated that its hard to believe that Christina, Brennan etc., are better dancers/performers than Keyra. I think that you can be the best dancer but if the DCC powers that be don't like you and you are not the "yes maam type you will not survive the DCC world. 

I have heard several times now that Keyra thought she was the greatest and she probably took being a DCC for granted since she thought so highly of herself.  She is not a yes ma'ma girl and you are right that will never survive the DCC  world.

3 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

So I don't think Keyra looked big but she didn't look itty-bitty like the other girls. I wonder if her more athletic/strong girl build ended up reading stocky on the jumbotron?

She looks the same as last year.  Believe me it was not her size it was her attitude.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I have heard several times now that Keyra thought she was the greatest and she probably took being a DCC for granted since she thought so highly of herself.  She is not a yes ma'ma girl and you are right that will never survive the DCC  world.

I get the same feeling about her especially after rewatching her scenes from last year's season. Plus the fact she did look like she was stocky and more heavy than the other girls. Not I am knocking her size, but in DCC World, her size could lead to getting cut along with have a diva type attitude especially if it rub certain people the wrong way.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I get the same feeling about her especially after rewatching her scenes from last year's season. Plus the fact she did look like she was stocky and more heavy than the other girls. Not I am knocking her size, but in DCC World, her size could lead to getting cut along with have a diva type attitude especially if it rub certain people the wrong way.

She thought she was the greatest and the other girls got really tired of it.  It wasn't  just K&J.

• Love 10

I follow her on IG and I think she looks athletic and fabulous. If she had such a bad attitude, they would have cut her during the great exile of 2017. Diva attitude or confidence? -  we won’t agree on this, that’s for sure lol. I took her vibe as confidence and someone who likely has had to fight a certain status quo in the pro dance world. I would think it’s harder to make certain college dance teams like LSU, Kentucky, etc than some of these pro teams. Those teams are CUTTHROAT to get on! Anyways...Who knows. I was actually more turned off by Gina’s attitude than anything Keyra allegedly did, but daz ma opinion. 

Go do the damn thing, Keyra! 

• Love 11

I take claims about Keyra being a diva with the same skepticism that I do the claims about Christina. I certainly believe she wasn’t a “yes mam” girl, but that doesn’t equal being a diva or having a bad attitude.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I follow her on IG and I think she looks athletic and fabulous. If she had such a bad attitude, they would have cut her during the great exile of 2017. Diva attitude or confidence? -  we won’t agree on this, that’s for sure lol. I took her vibe as confidence and someone who likely has had to fight a certain status quo in the pro dance world. I would think it’s harder to make certain college dance teams like LSU, Kentucky, etc than some of these pro teams. Those teams are CUTTHROAT to get on! Anyways...Who knows. I was actually more turned off by Gina’s attitude than anything Keyra allegedly did, but daz ma opinion. 

Go do the damn thing, Keyra! 

There were girls who were a little too cocky *cough Season 7 Chelsea cough* who made the team. I personally do not see Keyra as being confidence. I see her as what you dare call me into the office or out during practice and how dare you Judy call me out attitude. Just like her I thought I had it made due to my dancing skills statement in the last episode. She learn she had to step it up or else. She also did not look happy when Kelli said she was not sexy also. I did chuckle when she told Kelli and Judy she was confused because her group leaders said she was doing well, but Kelli and Judy called her out and into the office. Yes, your group leaders opinions do play a part of a girl making the team, but the final decision comes down to Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte.

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I take claims about Keyra being a diva with the same skepticism that I do the claims about Christina. I certainly believe she wasn’t a “yes mam” girl, but that doesn’t equal being a diva or having a bad attitude.

To be honest about it, I do not see the diva attitude with Christina, but I definitely see it in Keyra. Gina rub me the wrong way a little also, but at least she was not as bad as Keyra was in my opinion. Gina definitely has step up to the plate and knock it out of the ballpark at finals and even during the calendar shoot.

Keyra actually liked one of my pics on Instagram yesterday. I was like what?! Haha a little exciting for me. But I liked her, sucks that she got cut over some others. She seemed to get a lot of praise by people until the end of the season when Judy was like oh I've never seen it with her or whatever. She didn't come across as having an attitude to me. But who knows. 

• Love 5
Just now, lfedncr said:

I say let’s rock some worlds...increase the ratings ....CUT VETs :). That would sure make for some fantastic drama ???

I think their maybe one or two vets cut 

• Love 2

With tattling being oh so encouraged I doubt any dccs show outward diva behavior. Fear of Kelly and Judy is strong. The experience also bonds you together. It's a tough ride.

• Love 5

This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I agree with what some others have stated that they seem to have a quota/ target number of African American girls on the team. Regarding Keyra, she was too stocky for the uniform, but they took her anyway because she out danced other African American  girls trying out. I think this year Keyra had more competition that danced as well as her and looked better for the uniform requirements. Honestly I think Keyra is cute as a button, but she is way more bottom heavy than Grace Sells, who they cut for being bottom heavy. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

Don't leave because of my comment LOL, it wasn't directed at you or anyone. I'm still not sold on Christina, just hadn't kept up with what was wrong with her besides her dancing.

I'm not leaving.  I was just walking away from my computer so that I didn't say anything rude or mean to other posters.  Well, anything more than I already have (IF I have).  People know I'm not sold on Christina.  Besides her dancing, lack of flexibility, and attitude (both what we've seen and heard about), I got a feeling of entitlement from her, as if she had earned the right to be on the squad just because she showed up five times and made Training Camp at least twice before actually making it onto the team.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ha!  I think we all have these moments.  We're human.  Enjoy an umbrella drink, some zen time or whatever makes you happy these days! ;o)

I just went into the kitchen and experimented on potato salad dressing, trying to get the right blend of mayo, mustard and pickle juice.  I don't think I quite got it, but I'll see.  It's chilling in the fridge at the moment.  Maybe tomorrow, it will have earned a taste test.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm not leaving.  I was just walking away from my computer so that I didn't say anything rude or mean to other posters.  Well, anything more than I already have (IF I have).  People know I'm not sold on Christina.  Besides her dancing, lack of flexibility, and attitude (both what we've seen and heard about), I got a feeling of entitlement from her, as if she had earned the right to be on the squad just because she showed up five times and made Training Camp at least twice before actually making it onto the team.

I just went into the kitchen and experimented on potato salad dressing, trying to get the right blend of mayo, mustard and pickle juice.  I don't think I quite got it, but I'll see.  It's chilling in the fridge at the moment.  Maybe tomorrow, it will have earned a taste test.

I see your point of view because I feel the same way about a certain cut vet  who shall remain nameless. It is interesting how one poster can see things differently. We may not always agree on every girl, but at least we can express our opposite view points on the girls on here. I am now hungry for potato salad. Yum!!!

Rewatchimg last season. Glad baby Brianna didn't come back not a good fit at all. Please no spicy class from Kitty. Looked like desparate strippers at closing time for dollar bills. I would like Judy to have more say. Hope Brennan makes it but she starts off strong and crumbles as camp goes on.

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Jennv said:

This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I agree with what some others have stated that they seem to have a quota/ target number of African American girls on the team. Regarding Keyra, she was too stocky for the uniform, but they took her anyway because she out danced other African American  girls trying out. I think this year Keyra had more competition that danced as well as her and looked better for the uniform requirements. Honestly I think Keyra is cute as a button, but she is way more bottom heavy than Grace Sells, who they cut for being bottom heavy. 

I go back and forth with this one, but mostly agree with you. There were more black/mixed girls last year, IIRC, but I think in the pool of weaker dancers, they overlooked her build. This year, there seems to be a lot of excellent dancers with the ideal figure (or within a few pounds) and Keyra isn’t getting any taller or less built. I don’t think there are as many black girls in camp tho, so that should have worked in her favor from a quota POV unless it was more than figure.

Grace Sells was a thicker girl but not solid muscle like Keyra. I could be mixing her up with Elizabeth Reuter tho. And I would have kept our friend with the thut (Megan?) and Taylor of the low kicks over any of them. 

It’s hard to compare season to season, because the pool of talent and looks is always so different. Christina finally made it this year, but we’ve seen better dancers and kickers cut in years where competition is stronger. Sometimes the timing is just right. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I go back and forth with this one, but mostly agree with you. There were more black/mixed girls last year, IIRC, but I think in the pool of weaker dancers, they overlooked her build. This year, there seems to be a lot of excellent dancers with the ideal figure (or within a few pounds) and Keyra isn’t getting any taller or less built. I don’t think there are as many black girls in camp tho, so that should have worked in her favor from a quota POV unless it was more than figure.

Grace Sells was a thicker girl but not solid muscle like Keyra. I could be mixing her up with Elizabeth Reuter tho. And I would have kept our friend with the thut (Megan?) and Taylor of the low kicks over any of them

It’s hard to compare season to season, because the pool of talent and looks is always so different. Christina finally made it this year, but we’ve seen better dancers and kickers cut in years where competition is stronger. Sometimes the timing is just right. 

Grace Sells, in my opinion had a better figure and dance skills than Keyra has. I think the reason why she was cut was the fact she did not weigh the same as the girls who were the same height as her. I saw absolutely wrong with her figure. They brought in Stephanie H. who was gaining weight instead of losing it, but to be honest about it I think she made the team due to being Brooke's friend which they had to bring up on the show more than once. I do not think Stephanie should have made the team in the first place due to her weight, but Kelli had to put her on the squad (or she was told to take Stephanie no matter what.) Elizabeth Reuter was a great dancer, but the poor girl did not work to trim up her midsection. What probably save Keyra from being cut last year was the fact she had some decent dance skills to balance out her figure, and the fact the talent pool in Season 12 rookie wise was slim pickings. They may have gotten some better dancers who can be the ultimate DCCs in the future, and Keyra came back looking the same, and her entitled attitude came back to haunt her.

I was just looking at last year's photo. It seems a solid bet that KaShara and Lacey will be sitting on the floor this year. I bet Kalyn will move way up front. And I hope Maddie is closer to the front too.

dcc_2017_squad_photo_jpeg.jpg

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I was just looking at last year's photo. It seems a solid bet that KaShara and Lacey will be sitting on the floor this year. I bet Kalyn will move way up front. And I hope Maddie is closer to the front too.

dcc_2017_squad_photo_jpeg.jpg

Who do you think will be center girl??

6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I'd say Amy & Kashara will flank Lacey somewhere near the front. It's not always the same formation each year. But I bet Alexis & Savannah get prominent spots this year. They seemed to have the most shots / shoot days from Bimini which means Kelli / Judy think they are super photogenic and like them .

4 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I'd say Amy & Kashara will flank Lacey somewhere near the front.

I agree. I also can see Alexis and Savannah in the "bookend" positions where Tess and Molly were last year. Actually, I can see Tess in that position again, so maybe Savannah as one of the kneelers in the front.

23 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I think Kashara, Lacey, Yuko, and Khalyn should be most prominent. Yuko and khalyn photograph great and are more senior vets than last years rookies and I also think it’d be nice to have more looks diversity.  Tess and Heather should also get better spots imho. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I love your entire post.  It's good to be reminded that some of these young women bring a unique perspective, different personality, and frankly, some well-earned attitude into their DCC experience.  We can't expect, nor should we want, every one of these young woman to be cookie-cutter versions of the best, most demure, and most polite 20-somethings.  

• Love 9

Just saw the tweet about the outstanding audition finals dancers who were awarded Barbies.  So non-DCCs can receive Barbies?  And is Dayton one of the recipients?  Does anyone know who all the winners were?

11 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Just saw the tweet about the outstanding audition finals dancers who were awarded Barbies.  So non-DCCs can receive Barbies?  And is Dayton one of the recipients?  Does anyone know who all the winners were?

A photo of the winners and their names is two pages back in this thread, on pg 39.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There were girls who were a little too cocky *cough Season 7 Chelsea cough* who made the team. I personally do not see Keyra as being confidence. I see her as what you dare call me into the office or out during practice and how dare you Judy call me out attitude. Just like her I thought I had it made due to my dancing skills statement in the last episode. She learn she had to step it up or else. She also did not look happy when Kelli said she was not sexy also. I did chuckle when she told Kelli and Judy she was confused because her group leaders said she was doing well, but Kelli and Judy called her out and into the office. Yes, your group leaders opinions do play a part of a girl making the team, but the final decision comes down to Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte.

To be honest about it, I do not see the diva attitude with Christina, but I definitely see it in Keyra. Gina rub me the wrong way a little also, but at least she was not as bad as Keyra was in my opinion. Gina definitely has step up to the plate and knock it out of the ballpark at finals and even during the calendar shoot.

I definitely see attitude with Keyra but where there's sass there's always attitude! Comes with the territory. I really don't think Gina has an attitude...I think she's just dingy upstairs. Forgive me Jesus. 

(edited)

Rewatching Season 9 and hope they go back to showing more of the uniform fittings in all upcoming seasons.  Season 9 uniform fittings have some of my favorite lines.  One was when they were fitting Loren for a blouse and Kelli asks "Are those God given or surgically given?"  My favorite uniform-fitting line EVER is Kelli talking about the reactions of the girls to the impersonal nature of fittings:  "Lisa and I [Kelli] don't think a thing about it, but I'm sure the girls are thinking 'Oh my god, Kelli's in my bra and Lisa's in my shorts."  That line cracks me up and shows that, despite the questionable nature of some decisions Kelli makes about the girls, she does have a sense of humor.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL Selina :)

No, I think we should blame Milan, Alexandria, & Kalyssa.  That is  3 spots on the team last year that Brennan or even Taryn had a chance to take.  Especially Milan, she couldn't make up her mind about studying abroad before auditions?  College semesters begin Fall and Spring.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She looks the same as last year.  Believe me it was not her size it was her attitude 

What is with these LSU girls and their snotty little attitudes? 

3 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I say let’s rock some worlds...increase the ratings ....CUT VETs :). That would sure make for some fantastic drama ???

Yes please! They said season 12 was the highest rated season yet, and you know it was because of all the veteran drama! 

3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I get the EXACT same vibe from her based on her portrayal on the show and her social media. This combined with her whiny excuses and that god-awful smacking noise her mouth makes when she talks is why I'm not a fan

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

No, I think we should blame Milan, Alexandria, & Kalyssa.  That is  3 spots on the team last year that Brennan or even Taryn had a chance to take.  Especially Milan, she couldn't make up her mind about studying abroad before auditions?  College semesters begin Fall and Spring.  

Milan may not have known she was going to study abroad when she tried out for the team. She may have told Kelli and Judy she had a shot at studying abroad, but they still wanted her on the team. Someone else may have gotten the chance to study abroad, but he or she may have turn it down at the last minute, and the school offered Milan a second chance at it. In my opinion, the three vets who were cut at finals should be angry about being passed over especially little Heather and Raylee.

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She also did not look happy when Kelli said she was not sexy also.

I would have been unhappy about that too!

I get what Kelli was saying though - and that's not to say that Keyra isn't or can't be sexy - but the girls all have different kinds of appeal or projected image, and I always got more of a Kashara-style, life-of-the-party vibe from Keyra.  That's awesome, but it can be hard if you're not as vested in fireball as you are in bombshell.  I feel as though it's the same principle as it was with Lauren when they dyed her hair red.  It absolutely looked amazing, and much more flattering and sexy than the blonde she'd been rocking to that point (as well as maybe more in keeping with her "sharper" style of dance), but it wasn't what she wanted for herself (at least at that point).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I think Tasha will be in a highlighted position, too.  K&J think of her as photogenic.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Rewatching Season 9 and hope they go back to showing more of the uniform fittings in all upcoming seasons.  Season 9 uniform fittings have some of my favorite lines.  One was when they were fitting Loren for a blouse and Kelli asks "Are those God given or surgically given?"  My favorite uniform-fitting line EVER is Kelli talking about the reactions of the girls to the impersonal nature of fittings:  "Lisa and I [Kelli] don't think a thing about it, but I'm sure the girls are thinking 'Oh my god, Kelli's in my bra and Lisa's in my shorts."  That line cracks me up and shows that, despite the questionable nature of some decisions Kelli makes about the girls, she does have a sense of humor.

I've seen a lot of the opposite thought on these boards, but I agree with you!  It really points out how they really look at every angle, every curve, etc. For me, it has given me a lot of understanding about why they make certain decisions.  And, I totally agree with you that some of the funniest lines come from uniform fitting days!

• Love 4