Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

?

Ummm. Is it the angle or does she look a bit thicker? Tasha is right behind her and looks fine.

1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

Gina is totally being groomed to move up to be point. I can easily see her being Group Leader next year. Maddie is in the triangle already but I don't know that I see her being point. I could totally see it being another Kash/Lacey situation again with Maddie as G1L and Gina as point. Honestly Gina has been killing it too, so unless she messes up this year I can totally see her getting it. Kahlyn I think has been said is an injury risk, which works against her. I don't see Tasha as being point but potentially in the triangle if she comes back.   I can't remember - has Heather said she is retiring?  

I'm not a Lacey fan BUT I do think she should have bee point this year, out of fairness. I wonder if she will retire this year?

• Love 2

Have y'all seen the CMT MTT bonus clip of the Bimini shoot. The photographer gets really creepy with Gina and he says "her body is phenomenal ... BUT getting the face just right ..." Gina thanks him after the shoot in her little Paris Hilton voice. The whole scene made me want to gag. Yuck!

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Is it the angle or does she look a bit thicker?

Or how she's breathing?  These action shots are hard to judge, I saw one where Lauren looked puffy in the stomach, and I'm pretty sure she has less than zero body fat in that region.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

?

To me, it looks like Maddie's right hip is shifted forward (at least in comparison to Tasha's). Her hip and ribcage are pulled forward, which is naturally going to make one look heavier. Not saying she hasn't gained weight, but I think this picture is very deceiving, as is often the case with action shots.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, ByTor said:

Group 1 action!  Gina really does look awesome.

About 4 of the girls need some performance POP!  See, this is what I miss about days gone by when there were so many awesome, standout dancers on the squad. Gina does gave it going on in this group. There others are executing, but love that POP!  Still waiting to see Briana's group. Want so very much for her to be able to shine.  Her jump in the jump split looked a bit low in the video on the DCC FB page though, if I'm seeing her correctly. But Gina:  you can't deny that performance pop!  

• Love 4

I could totally see Gina getting point next year. I personally think she's beautiful and I don't mind her facials. In the clips I've seen recently she's got that extra something that some of the other girls don't have which makes your eye naturally go to her. She reminds me a bit of JennK and I would rather see her at point than Lacey any day. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DKay said:

About 4 of the girls need some performance POP!  See, this is what I miss about days gone by when there were so many awesome, standout dancers on the squad. Gina does gave it going on in this group. There others are executing, but love that POP!  Still waiting to see Briana's group. Want so very much for her to be able to shine.  Her jump in the jump split looked a bit low in the video on the DCC FB page though, if I'm seeing her correctly. But Gina:  you can't deny that performance pop!  

I have a video of Briana dancing I wonder if it will let me send it to you 

4 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Hasn’t been taken yet. I believe the photo is being taken tomorrow. But as far as when they’ll share it, the last several years they haven’t shared the squad photo until late into the show airing or after the season finale.

I remember Alexandria posting it on her IG.

12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yuko could always renew her visa if it is "up."

Definitely, but I don’t know if she wants to go through the trouble (and pay good money) just to stay on for another year and I don’t see her going for 5 years.

11 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Have y'all seen the CMT MTT bonus clip of the Bimini shoot. The photographer gets really creepy with Gina and he says "her body is phenomenal ... BUT getting the face just right ..." Gina thanks him after the shoot in her little Paris Hilton voice. The whole scene made me want to gag. Yuck!

Well I agree with him but saying that in front of the cameras (or rather, directly to the cameras)???? What a jerk.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, sugarplum said:

To me, it looks like Maddie's right hip is shifted forward (at least in comparison to Tasha's). Her hip and ribcage are pulled forward, which is naturally going to make one look heavier. Not saying she hasn't gained weight, but I think this picture is very deceiving, as is often the case with action shots.

Agreed...having a friend who is a professional photographer, her thought on this is that it's all an angle issue. When you look at her straight on, she doesn't look nearly this thick.  She's on the squad, she looks great in the uniform, she is a DAMN good dancer, and she seems to be a genuinely nice person to boot.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though.  This one just happens to be mine and a professionally trained eye's.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Agreed...having a friend who is a professional photographer, her thought on this is that it's all an angle issue. When you look at her straight on, she doesn't look nearly this thick.  She's on the squad, she looks great in the uniform, she is a DAMN good dancer, and she seems to be a genuinely nice person to boot.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though.  This one just happens to be mine and a professionally trained eye's.  

I’m a professional photographer too - completely agree with your friend. There are lots of tricks to make someone appear thinner when photographing them...and in this photo, because of the movement, Maddie is kind of breaking those naturally slimming “rules”. She may have genuinely gained weight, but I can’t say so just based on this picture. 

Edited by sugarplum
Fat fingers.
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

I’m a professional photographer too - completely agree with your friend. There are lots of tricks to make someone appear thinner when photographing them...and in this photo, because of the movement, Maddie is kind of breaking those naturally slimming “rules”. She may have genuinely gained weight, but I can’t say so just based on this picture. 

Please share a few of camera slimming rules! What can I do to help myself?? Pleeeeeese??? 

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Please share a few of camera slimming rules! What can I do to help myself?? Pleeeeeese??? 

Pop the leg/bend knee closest to the camera, hand on hip - create an “open space” between your arms and body, don’t face the camera completely straight on, camera at a higher angle is generally most flattering - just a few general ideas. The “open space” either with your own body, or for couples, in between bodie, makes a big difference. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Pop the leg/bend knee closest to the camera, hand on hip - create an “open space” between your arms and body, don’t face the camera completely straight on, camera at a higher angle is generally most flattering - just a few general ideas. The “open space” either with your own body, or for couples, in between bodie, makes a big difference. 

Thank you!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Ok, having to stay within 5 pounds isn’t completely unreasonable IMO, as long it’s limited to one year. If for example, Jenna and Lacey are expected to be within 5 pounds of where they were at 18 in their 6th and 5th years on the team, then that’s different. I still hate that they weigh them in the evening though. That’s the worst time IMO.

Especially since your body changes every 10 years. So if they wen't through puberty at 12, their body is going to change again at 22. You can't tell a 24 year old to maintain her 18 year old figure. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

There are a lot of things an angle can do for (or not for) a body.  I would never pose a client this way/from this angle in a photo session.  I agree with your friend - it is just an unflattering photo.  No, she doesn't have the Barbie figure of Tasha.  But she's in good shape and starting to show some curves to her body.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DKay said:

She hasn’t been in any of the jump split videos. So no, it wasn’t her. 

3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I was watching Madeline's season when she was in TC for the first time (when she got cut) and she definitely was smaller. Maybe not EXTRAORDINARILY, but you can see it in her face. To be fair, she was only 18, so it makes sense that she was a tad leaner.

• Love 2

I think the weight gain on Maddie is more visible because, as someone said earlier, she already has a bit of a round face, so any bit of extra weight will likely make her look a bit puffy. Likewise, she has more of a square figure, so I think it’s more obvious than people like Kashara or Rachel who are curvier, so extra weight adds to the curve as opposed to just making them look boxier. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Angles are your friend.  If you can bend it, do.  NEVER face a camera straight on.  Have space between parts that you can (an elbow away from the body, legs positioned so there's space between).  Also, whatever is closer to the camera looks bigger, so if you're heavy on top, don't lean towards the camera.  

The last part is quite likely a lot of the issue with the Maddie/Tasha photo.  Maddie is way closer to the camera, so even if they were identical sizes would look larger.  

Edited by SuzySmith
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

Angles are your friend.  If you can bend it, do.  NEVER face a camera straight on.  Have space between parts that you can (an elbow away from the body, legs positioned so there's space between).  Also, whatever is closer to the camera looks bigger, so if you're heavy on top, don't lean towards the camera.  

The last part is quite likely a lot of the issue with the Maddie/Tasha photo.  Maddie is way closer to the camera, so even if they were identical sizes would look larger.  

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Thank you! 

• Love 1

I had a friend who cheered in the NFL and she said it was always the 18-21 year olds who were on weight probation. I know that when you are that age, you are going out partying all the time, eating what you want and drinking a lot. In my experience, as we get older, a lot of my friends started taking better care of themselves. You get a job and aren't going out as much. Look at many of these shows where the 40 plus year old women are busting their asses at the gym while their 19 year old daughters think they are invisible and don't think they need to work out. I'm not saying that is always the case, but I see it a lot. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Look at many of these shows where the 40 plus year old women are busting their asses at the gym while their 19 year old daughters think they are invisible and don't think they need to work out. I'm not saying that is always the case, but I see it a lot. 

honestly this is very true for me....I turned 39 on Saturday, and I literally weigh less now than I did when I was in the 8th grade.  I wasn't huge then by any means (and sadly, I stopped growing when I was 13, which put a stop to my professional basketball career), but I am a runner now and I hit the gym almost every day, which wasn't the case for me growing up.  A few pages back someone had posted the APF testing Jay does for the girls, and I know I'd crush the running portion, probably do well for the situps....and then, get my tail handed to me with the pushups.  There is no conceivable way I could do 40 pushups in 2 minutes ?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

She hasn’t been in any of the jump split videos. So no, it wasn’t her. 

They have a Thunderstruck jump split video on the DCC FB page & the camera pans up & down the line showing the entire squad. They show her end right at the end at the jump split.  But, I gound out last night I will be with a group going to the Titans-Dallas Mon. night game in Nov. we have great seats & I will have a gr8 view. Will get to see everyone for myself. Looking fwd to the trip. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, raindancer said:

honestly this is very true for me....I turned 39 on Saturday, and I literally weigh less now than I did when I was in the 8th grade.  I wasn't huge then by any means (and sadly, I stopped growing when I was 13, which put a stop to my professional basketball career), but I am a runner now and I hit the gym almost every day, which wasn't the case for me growing up.  A few pages back someone had posted the APF testing Jay does for the girls, and I know I'd crush the running portion, probably do well for the situps....and then, get my tail handed to me with the pushups.  There is no conceivable way I could do 40 pushups in 2 minutes ?

I'm the exact opposite...lol! I could probably  do 40 pushups in 2 minutes BUT running...oh heck no!! You can have that :) I hit a  half mile and my body just goes NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2

I'm wondering if the reason very few get a huge makeover is that many are going for the makeover package at Marshall's salon?     I'm guessing he's seen many of the ladies before, and they have planned what they'll do about hair color, and maybe touch up their cuts, but don't finish it so they have something to change if they make training camp.   I did see the salons that Marshall works at (or owns) do a makeover package, so I'm guessing the top local candidates have already gone in for a preliminary consultation at least. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, how was Yuko injured and what did she injure?

The DCC Instagram story just showed them at the squad photo and Gina is in the front row..impressive.

Yuko was in a minor car accident and had a concussion and whiplash. She’s supposed to be back soon. 

I don't have Insta-probably the last Hold-out. Do you see Jinelle in the pic? It will either confirm the rumblings around here or put that speculation to an end. I know she’s made some cryptic posts and hasn’t answered questions about them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm not a fan of the dance that Jenn Amburn choreographed for them, it's both the song and the moves. I hate the random congo line type move they do

Do you have a link? I don’t know which one she did. 

So happy for Gina!!!!  She is one of the bookends on the floor!!

I’d post the picture feom DCC Instastory but the file is too large to post here. 

She is well on her way to point next season!

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I’d post the picture feom DCC Instastory but the file is too large to post here. 

I'm team Mads for point.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Is Jinelle in it?