Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, dccfan9 said:

She was a U. of Missouri Golden Girl for 4 years. It’s the same team former DCC Amy T. was on before DCC. From looking on IG it looks like she is close with Daphne and Gabby. Her Instagram is carolinebrock95 but I think it’s private

Being a Mizzou Golden Girl is not a big thing. They only take girls who graduated from local HS or have strong connections to Columbia. Carolines dad was a basketball player for Mizzou and played in the NBA. She went to the local HS. Same with Amy T. Went to the same HS. You don't have a shot making that team unless you are either connected, from Columbia or have the exact build. They could care less about dance talent. That's why the GG haven't gone to nationals in a while. They are terrible. My guess is that her dad helped her get an up on the DCC as well. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Remember all the Gina hate her first year? She kicked ass and took names this time around. :) She won points with me during auditions. 

I think Gina has had the worst edit to date, tbh. 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Lovely ladies but just blah and totally off in timing ...and what is with everyone and the same dadgome hair style ?  There is no one that stands out ughhh gonna be a longggggg season.  Already for next year !

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Lovely ladies but just blah and totally off in timing ...and what is with everyone and the same dadgome hair style ?  There is no one that stands out ughhh gonna be a longggggg season.  Already for next year !

Patience grasshopper, it’s the first game lol. 

As for point next year - let me hold on to my dream of Lacey doing year 6 and being point please. I don’t mind Maddie in the triangle, but I can’t see her as point. I need to see more of Khalyn to consider her too, but she’s so dang pretty. Surprises could be Lauren, Gina...Alexis? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t see anyone really primed to be point except for Gina, since I’m sure Kashara and Lacey are retiring. Maybe Kelli Sullivan? Maddie is cute, but I just don’t see her at point. 

Lexi maybe? If she doesn’t retire. I agree though that Gina is most likely with Khalyn as the sleeper.

I think Rachel (rookie) needs a bit more pop. She looks kind of lackluster back there. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Was thinking the same thing about the timing.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Being a Mizzou Golden Girl is not a big thing. They only take girls who graduated from local HS or have strong connections to Columbia. Carolines dad was a basketball player for Mizzou and played in the NBA. She went to the local HS. Same with Amy T. Went to the same HS. You don't have a shot making that team unless you are either connected, from Columbia or have the exact build. They could care less about dance talent. That's why the GG haven't gone to nationals in a while. They are terrible. My guess is that her dad helped her get an up on the DCC as well. 

Edited by dccfan9
Deleted
1 hour ago, BonnieBlue said:

Given how absurd this season has been so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Victoria is made point next year.

Omg. VK will be point some day. She definitely will. It will be the jewel in the crown of her DCC legacy. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

How does Taylor pull off that hair flip in this video, that was fricking amazing. I'm starting to become a huge fan already after one game. 

I didn't notice it until you said something, but Holy Hannah that was smooth af! Honestly super satisfying to watch

• Love 1

Maddie isn’t pretty enough to be in the triangle. She’s improved so much from when she first arrived from small town Utah, but I wouldn’t put her near the front unless I was desperate. 

I’m sure she has many wonderful qualities, but she’s not hot. I think she’s even plainer than Gina.

• Love 4

I know last season is over, but i need people to understand Erica was never cut. She injured her back. However, the reason she wasnt shown on the show was due to  the lawsuit she filed against the the Cowboys Org. For underpaying/not paying at all. I honeslty think the whole Holly/Jenna/Erica is deeper than what it was and we got a you broke contract storyline when in actuality they probabaly were going to cause some bigger.commonition that is now on the low.

Maddie is cool, but the copyright in the episodes make so many or the dances look uncoordinated. I was dying laughing at maddie's performance on how funny it was besides her flips. The performance was one step to justin bieber level cringe. Copyright ruins lives people

Edited by 8dallas

Lastly to answer the Heather not being a GL situation. The girl was forced into a position she wasnt ready for. Erica getting hurt switched everything around. Being at the games all last season it was evident that Kashara and Heather were below the standards of what it took to be GLs. Kashara just gets it  because kelli and judi prob see themselves in her..she to me has become a likeable "Cassie". So many good GL left Jenna, Jinelle, Robin..i couldve seen Maggie become one she was a fav of her rookie.class. Cersten too! These two are better suited for GL but they bounced. Milan wouldve done well too she left. All my favs :( 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Brighid said:

Some pics from the preseason game (Getty Images)

image.thumb.png.fdf8f27290cd376674cde98af23e8858.png

I think If she has a good rookie season she could end up as point next year - I mean look at her?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I know last season is over, but i need people to understand Erica was never cut. She injured her back. However, the reason she wasnt shown on the show was due to  the lawsuit she filed against the the Cowboys Org. For underpaying/not paying at all. I honeslty think the whole Holly/Jenna/Erica is deeper than what it was and we got a you broke contract storyline when i actuality they probabaly were going to cause some bigger.commonition that is now on the low.

She filed her lawsuit nearly a year after her cut, and we’ve had insiders confirm that she was cut because of the Hall of Fame situation. 

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Maddie isn’t pretty enough to be in the triangle. She’s improved so much from when she first arrived from small town Utah, but I wouldn’t put her near the front unless I was desperate. 

I’m sure she has many wonderful qualities, but she’s not hot. I think she’s even plainer than Gina.

Neither Madeline nor Gina are triangle level attractive.  Gina has that face where she can’t show her teeth when she smiles without looking creepy, and Madeline looks like a little girl who plays softball - not glamorous at all.  I mean Kashara isn’t that great of a dancer and she’s DCC heavy, but at least she’d turn heads in public.

That said, they still put Madeline in the traingle this year, and they have that god awful 10 foot photo of her blasted on the background at the Star - so who knows what they’ll do.  Maybe they will make her point.

I just think they need a lot more glamour on the squad. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I think If she has a good rookie season she could end up as point next year - I mean look at her?

Yes u can definitely see Rachel as point. My question is has there ever been a 2 year at point? Just wondering. 

• Love 2

Man, I don't know how anyone can watch the videos above and say Kashara doesn't deserve to be point. That girl has more pop and sparkle and power to her dancing than anyone else on this squad by far; the only one who came close for me was Khalyn. I love Maddie but Khalyn would have looked amazing in the triangle with Lacey and Kash. Gina is super talented but even her dancing seems "fake" to me like her personality. I've read here she's nice in person but it just does not translate well through the show. Rookie Rachel is stunning in these videos as well.

Hot take: Lacey is a blender. Beautiful and talented, but a blender.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

Man, I don't know how anyone can watch the videos above and say Kashara doesn't deserve to be point. That girl has more pop and sparkle and power to her dancing than anyone else on this squad by far; the only one who came close for me was Khalyn. I love Maddie but Khalyn would have looked amazing in the triangle with Lacey and Kash. Gina is super talented but even her dancing seems "fake" to me like her personality. I've read here she's nice in person but it just does not translate well through the show. Rookie Rachel is stunning in these videos as well.

Agree with u about Kashara, love watching her! Rite choice for point, she brings it. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She's gorgeous, but her voice reminds me of that tcc candidate who dropped out before getting cut....she made the excuse that she was taking a hard class in the summer....can't remember her...she didn't make a lasting impression on me

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I got to watch Gina and Kashara perform side by side this summer, and Gina out danced her. There was no comparison. I’m a big Kashara fan, but Gina smoked her. And everyone else on the field with her. She brings it 110% every time. Kashara is great at point and does a good job, not saying she doesn’t. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 11

First post and third season watching.

Why can't they be more correct with the vets ? If they're not going to cut them for dance related reasons why can't they cut them appart ? It can still be filmed if they need it for the show.

Selina should have a retirement video as well.

And you can't cut Keyra after putting her on the field where she outdanced most of the candidates. It sends the wrong message. And is she really the only DCC who has been late for an appearance last season ?

One last question are Selina, Keyra and Tara alumni DCCs now ?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I just hope Heather did something that actually warranted her being demoted, and this wasn’t a way to “punish” her for something petty. Perhaps she just wasn’t very good at calling the sideline dances. I don’t know, but to not even be selected as a second again? I feel for her. That has to be embarrassing especially if she wasn’t expecting it.

ETA: Did Ashlee cheer for another pro or college team? Neither she or Briana appears to have a big social media presence, so I’m curious. I know Briana danced at Alabama and for the Titans, but I haven’t heard much about Ashlee.

Does the 2GL choose the dances? If that was her only issue, then another season as a 2GL would have been the next step, not a demotion.

7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Neither Madeline nor Gina are triangle level attractive.  Gina has that face where she can’t show her teeth when she smiles without looking creepy, and Madeline looks like a little girl who plays softball - not glamorous at all.  I mean Kashara isn’t that great of a dancer and she’s DCC heavy, but at least she’d turn heads in public.

That said, they still put Madeline in the traingle this year, and they have that god awful 10 foot photo of her blasted on the background at the Star - so who knows what they’ll do.  Maybe they will make her point.

I just think they need a lot more glamour on the squad. 

4 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I agree SO much. I wouldn’t be particularly mad because Gina is one of their best dancers at the moment, but her facials are terrible and she just has something... Paris Hilton-y about her. And I definitely don’t think that a girl who honestly believes that others are jealous of her enough to say it in front of the cameras can actually become a true team player and leader and not follow Jenna’s path.

Tasha has won me over. She’s so much more powerful and looks amazing on the field. Rachel is still one of my favorite vets and has the same girl next door quality Dani had. Erin looks amazing this year-she went from no power at all to THIS in just one year? See VK, that’s how you do it! Kashara may not be the strongest dancer, but she’s the only performer they have on the squad (rookies excluded, haven’t seen enough). She draws you in and she looks like she truly enjoys it and she’s so “big and bold” without looking out of control (see VK, that’s how you do it). Aand all the rookies look good this year. 

Is Heather in Kashara’s group? That must be a slap in the face for Heather too.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Does the 2GL choose the dances? If that was her only issue, then another season as a 2GL would have been the next step, not a demotion.

I agree SO much. I wouldn’t be particularly mad because Gina is one of their best dancers at the moment, but her facials are terrible and she just has something... Paris Hilton-y about her. And I definitely don’t think that a girl who honestly believes that others are jealous of her enough to say it in front of the cameras can actually become a true team player and leader and not follow Jenna’s path.

Tasha has won me over. She’s so much more powerful and looks amazing on the field. Rachel is still one of my favorite vets and has the same girl next door quality Dani had. Erin looks amazing this year-she went from no power at all to THIS in just one year? See VK, that’s how you do it! Kashara may not be the strongest dancer, but she’s the only performer they have on the squad (rookies excluded, haven’t seen enough). She draws you in and she looks like she truly enjoys it and she’s so “big and bold” without looking out of control (see VK, that’s how you do it). Aand all the rookies look good this year. 

Is Heather in Kashara’s group? That must be a slap in the face for Heather too.

I believe that Ashlee was captain and danced for Louisiana Tech.

• Love 3

KaShara has every bit the “weight” issue Selina had. And certainly that Tara supposedly has.

Listen, none of them have weight issues really but you can’t claim one does and not the other.

Also, KaShara is an acquired taste personality wise — when she first joined he team, her social media was...questionable. Maybe not to someone from a place like whatever her hometown was, or even part of Texas. But it was discussed here more than once. 

And again, whatever, fine. But just don’t claim social media is such a deal breaker for these girls. It’s not when it is a favorite.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

KaShara has every bit the “weight” issue Selina had. And certainly that Tara supposedly has.

Listen, none of them have weight issues really but you can’t claim one does and not the other.

Selina unfortunately carries her extra 14 pounds straight across her abs... Kashara carries it in different places... her abs are flat so I don’t think it’s quite as noticeable. But yes, she does have a curvier figure, and I don’t think she’s carrying around an extra 14 pounds. Plus she’s a powerhouse dancer... Selina looked jiggly and sluggish on the field at auditions. 

If they cut every girl who didn’t meet their HD standards of skinny perfection, they’d lose probably at least 3-5 vets a season. 

But I'm not naive.. Kelli definitely plays favorites. 

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, Janduin said:

Why can't they be more correct with the vets ? If they're not going to cut them for dance related reasons why can't they cut them appart ? It can still be filmed if they need it for the show.

And you can't cut Keyra after putting her on the field where she outdanced most of the candidates. It sends the wrong message. And is she really the only DCC who has been late for an appearance last season ?

Except Selina didn’t retire..she was cut. They’ve only done retirement videos for the girls who’s chose not to re audition. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Lexi maybe? If she doesn’t retire. I agree though that Gina is most likely with Khalyn as the sleeper.

I think Rachel (rookie) needs a bit more pop. She looks kind of lackluster back there. 

Rachel needs to learn different expressions.  Her smile is exactly the same in all of these.  Maybe they were taken close together, I don’t know.  She could become the face of the DCC.

Kashara does not have the same weight issue as Selina.  14 pounds is a lot.  Kashara does not look 14 pounds heavier and Selina's face and stomach showed those 14 pounds.  Selina is a sweet girl but was never a powerhouse dancer.

Looking at the latest pictures it appears as if Kashara took off some weight from finals.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

Delete if this was already posted....VK announcing she did not make DCC (btw I do not hate her and I hope she and Dayton try out again)

Queen Victoria has announced to her subjects that her reign has been postponed. Geeze this girl. How many girls have had just as much training as this one? How many girls have or have had the same dream as this one? For a girl to have had the amount of exposure attending every audition since she was born watching and learning until she came of age to audition, attend every prep class x2 years that we know of, have insider tips and run around with current DCC being coddled by the leadership then feel the need to deceive the DCC director is sickening. She needs to mature. Get an education and some life experience. 

Edited by PDH
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t see anyone really primed to be point except for Gina, since I’m sure Kashara and Lacey are retiring. Maybe Kelli Sullivan? Maddie is cute, but I just don’t see her at point. 

I think Tasha could be part of the triangle but i’m not sure about point... Gina’s the most qualified one.

• Love 2

Gina strikes me as a Jenn A clone. Great dancer, knows what to do or say to get ahead. According to Robin last year, she already has the bossiness down. I wonder if her being so encouraging of everyone on social media and through finals is her way of politicking to get point and/or GL. 

VK should’ve been told not to try out again. Since they cut her for lying, they must have thought the situation was toxic. Yet she says she’s coming back, so I have to believe Kelli told her it was OK to try again despite the lie. How many girls would’ve gotten that chance? Not Chelsea. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Except Selina didn’t retire..she was cut. They’ve only done retirement videos for the girls who’s chose not to re audition. 

This is not retirement video related but I remember in season 4 auditions they had a life size cameo of Andrea Rogers displayed behind one of the tables. She was a vet that was cut at finals trying to enter her 3rd year which was in season 3. I always thought that was interesting.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Janduin said:

There is a lot more to why Keyra was cut than being late twice at appearances. Her attitude rubbing Kelli and some of her follow DCCs the wrong way and spending time with the wrong crowd who had a sense of entitlement and being self centered did not win her any favors. She thought her amazing dancing skills would win her a spot on the team and would win Judy, Kelli and Charlotte over. She thought wrong.

10 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I know last season is over, but i need people to understand Erica was never cut. She injured her back. However, the reason she wasnt shown on the show was due to  the lawsuit she filed against the the Cowboys Org. For underpaying/not paying at all. I honeslty think the whole Holly/Jenna/Erica is deeper than what it was and we got a you broke contract storyline when in actuality they probabaly were going to cause some bigger.commonition that is now on the low.

Maddie is cool, but the copyright in the episodes make so many or the dances look uncoordinated. I was dying laughing at maddie's performance on how funny it was besides her flips. The performance was one step to justin bieber level cringe. Copyright ruins lives people

In the case of Erica, they were not going to cut her for her injuries unless her doctor said no more performing as a DCC. I heard they offered her an All-Star spot and were willing to send her out on appearances. She was cut for breaking a rule by sneaking out of the locker room in Canton and going out to the bleachers and sending out pictures of herself with the drink to some of her fellow DCCs. Jenna ratted her out to save her spot on the team. Of course Jenna probably told Erica she was forced to rat her out just like she was forced to rat out Holly even when Jenna was breaking a few rules herself. I am sure there is a lot more to the Erica/Holly/Jenna drama, but damage control has not stop some of the real story from coming out.

Madeline is kind and sweet but also thinks she is better than everyone else.  These pix really show that.  Standing up over her parents and over her friends and over Erin shows how she thinks she is the real princess.  Notice she didn't stand over the vets.  She loves to make sure everyone knows where she went to college but she still hasn't had a job since graduating other than taking pix for Sydney.  This pix with her parents really shows she is queen of that family.