Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Txmomof2 said:

Yeah, just saw Savannah. Totally not the worst we've seen today. I know she's safe regardless but was wanting to see if she really wowed it. 

She's no Jenna but I do think she pulled it off.  I'm saying that from a standpoint of her not being one of my favs.  Hoping she will grown on me because she does seem like a hard worker who's well liked and very sweet.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

rachel wyatt

She was one of my very fave new girls going into finals...her solo looked strong and she is a DIME.  If she doesn't get to TC I will eat my figurative hat. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought Gina looked good, and Tess looked fine. Savannah didn’t wow me but she seemed to have a theme beyond “let me just shimmy around stage and waive my arms” so I think she’s good, as far as surviving finals.

ETA: Khalyn looked fine as well. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2

There will be a few exceptions like Lacey, Heather, Kash, Madeline...who are always at the top of their game but sighhhhhhh.... I hope the vets crush it in the combo and kick line. These solos are just so dull.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Anyone know who this is from Snapchat? Her solo was awesome. 

B6DD0DEE-8DEB-4717-BA9B-89F9F173156C.jpeg

YES!!! agree!! Absolutely loved her clip...not that top (yikes) but she is talented for sure. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

I don’t know. I feel slightly embarrassed for all of the vets. These solos are not pleasant. 

Yep.  I don't remember ever feeling this as much on any other season.  But it is my first time watching it in real time.  Maybe CMT's editing hid it better or something.  It's definitely going to be interesting watching how this season's squad shakes out.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 2

Khalyn looked AMAZING!! Tess changed it up this year and looks SEXY!! Wasn't a huge fan of Gina's last year, but her solo looked GREAT!! Lacey's- SPEECHLESS...Heather O - good, Selina - should have known better..

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I thought Gina looked good, and Tess looked fine. Savannah didn’t wow me but she seemed to have a theme beyond “let me just shimmy around stage and waive my arms” so I think she’s good, as far as surviving finals.

LMAO Woman.  At least they held back on rolling on the floor everywhere.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
(edited)

I have twitter, but for some reason, I cannot get the videos to play on my twitter page. This is why they need a two hour finals episode to show more of the interviews, solos, and the field routine and kick line/splits. Of course, there have been girls with just okay solos who have been brought to TC and turn out to be good DCCs, but there have been girls with solos the judges or should I say Kelli and Charlotte like a lot who have been brought into TC, but the poor girl cannot get the DCC routines down and are cut.

Edited by bigskygirl

Every year when Kelli says "this is the most talented group of rookies ever" I kind of roll my eyes. This year I'll believe it. With some obvious exceptions, the rookies look better than the bets. At least based on what I've seen.

• Love 3

I mean, we are just seeing snippets and we aren't there. Some of these solos could totally be amazing in person or full length.  But I don't think any of them should bet on their spot being safe either. Some of the videos of the new girls have been amazing. 

Looks like the vet move is that almost sexy hip type move. I've seen it in so many of the solos. 

• Love 5

I am actually not hating all the vet solos lol  We are seeing such a small clip that I don't expect to be knocked out of my chair by every one.  Like, I thought Kelli's looked super boring walking back and forth in a sassy fashion BUT I know she is dynamite and has great technique, etc so I'm confident the clip we saw was not indicative of whole thing.  And Molly's has been done ad naus BUT she still looked great and not like she was phoning it in.  Maybe I am being pollyanna over here ;) but I'm not weeping over the vets by any means. Selina is one of my few concerns for weight and it may be largely due to that ghastly costume.  Christina's wasn't even that terrible to me but her extensions never look wonderful.  My eye for that stuff is not the best though, as we are all aware. 

I give Savannah credit for stepping out of her modern/lyrical comfort zone (ahem, Lacey) and doing something so unique.  Her costume was adorable and while she wont bring the house down with that it showed that she's trying to grow.  I LOVED Tess's, I think she is a smoke show.  Khalyn looked fine to me too, I also liked that she mixes it up a bit each year. 

That said, I do think some of the 'new girls' are BRINGING it.  That Love on the Brain was awesome and Rachel W looked great too.  I can't wait to see how the field portion goes!!  

I wonder if they will show clip of Victoria or Dayton? 

And Heather O is def not heavy!! she got the sucky angle in the group pic lol  She looked great in her solo clip. 

• Love 16

This is slightly off topic but can I just say how happy I am to have found this forum!? I don't know anybody else who watches the show, so it's so nice to have found other people who love the show as much as me!! I am loving seeing all the updates and everyone's opinions and am anxiously awaiting to see which vets get cut!!

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am actually not hating all the vet solos lol  We are seeing such a small clip that I don't expect to be knocked out of my chair by every one.  Like, I thought Kelli's looked super boring walking back and forth in a sassy fashion BUT I know she is dynamite and has great technique, etc so I'm confident the clip we saw was not indicative of whole thing.  And Molly's has been done ad naus BUT she still looked great and not like she was phoning it in.  Maybe I am being pollyanna over here ;) but I'm not weeping over the vets by any means. Selina is one of my few concerns for weight and it may be largely due to that ghastly costume.  Christina's wasn't even that terrible to me but her extensions never look wonderful.  My eye for that stuff is not the best though, as we are all aware. 

I give Savannah credit for stepping out of her modern/lyrical comfort zone (ahem, Lacey) and doing something so unique.  Her costume was adorable and while she wont bring the house down with that it showed that she's trying to grow.  I LOVED Tess's, I think she is a smoke show.  Khalyn looked fine to me too, I also liked that she mixes it up a bit each year. 

That said, I do think some of the 'new girls' are BRINGING it.  That Love on the Brain was awesome and Rachel W looked great too.  I can't wait to see how the field portion goes!!  

And Heather O is def not heavy!! she got the sucky angle in the group pic lol  She looked great in her solo clip. 

I think I just expected more pizazz from the vets.  The routines aren’t bad... including Christina’s ..just wanted more punch and power ...dial it up as Kelli says lol!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s impossible to judge a solo based on a tiny snippet. 

I agree about it is hard to judge how well the vets are doing when it comes to their solos. Yes, I think the judges and the fans like to see outstanding solos from the vets, but I think interviews and their performance on the field also plays a major part in will they make it back to TC. Plus the fact the judges and especially Judy, Kelli and Charlotte know a lot more about the vets than the rest of us do along with how well or in some situations how bad the vets were during the past DCC season.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

What time do they usually announce the training camp candidates?

They still have the combo and kickline to get through. Then deliberations with judges. This is my first time watching it "live" but late I'm guessing 

Edited by Txmomof2
  • Love 1

I know there are just snippets shown on Twitter (and it helps watching with music LOL), but I'm seriously underwhelmed.  At least we get a variety of music and styles this year and, just from the snippets, the rookies are showing up to be better than some of the vets.  We'll have to see how the on-the-field portion goes before things get interesting this evening.

• Love 2
Just now, Cody701 said:

What time do they usually announce the training camp candidates?

Usually early evening around 7:00 p.m. there time. Depends on how long judges' deliberations take.

Just now, Txmomof2 said:

They still have the combo and kickline to get through. Then deliberations with judges

Ughh, im anxiously waiting to see what happens

• Love 2
Just now, Kayce said:

Has snapchat updated beyond Selina?  Mine stops with her. 

Mine hasn’t yet I think they alternating between snap chat Instagram and Twitter 

2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

It is so hard to relevee and turn in Converse. 

Is Lexie the one with the sexy Do the Locomotion song? That's one of those dance competition monstrosities where they let little girls do way to adult moves, because it's to an innocent song. Lexie is grown, but I detest those routines. We actually pulled my girls from a studio because they wanted 10 year old in underwire bras doing way to adult moves. That's all I could think of, even though lexie is a grown woman.

I really like Molly's look, but that was a dead boring solo. 

Molly's choice of music defines her personality. She’s a kind, humble, energetic person who can dance ... the rest DON'T MATTER.

Block party, frat party, it don't matter

Backyard or boulevard, it don't matter

Red, yellow, black or white, it don't matter

We all gettin' down tonight

Ain't Nothing Wrong With That

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

• Love 2

Maddie knows what she's doing by picking that JT song and doing the hip hop routine. I can't help but love how she looks like she just went to Target and grabbed a sports bra and track pants instead of spending thousands on a bedazzled costume. 

I liked Savannah. Her technique isn't bad.

• Love 13

Madeline ABSOLUTELY killed it!!  She is so much fun to watch.  I honestly hope she gets a group leader or second group leader spot this year!!

• Love 21

Favorite vet solo: Maddie. And I'm not her biggest fan by a long shot. I love the energy and uniqueness. I think Lacey has wonderful technique, but I was a bit bored. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Molly is probably my new favorite. Her solo may not have had all the fancy tricks (from the few seconds we see of it) but what she does she does WELL. There’s nothing worse than someone trying to do tricks they can’t and looks messy. She looked like she was having fun and I enjoyed it. 

As Miss Kitty would say, don’t do shit you can’t do.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Madeline ABSOLUTELY killed it!!  She is so much fun to watch.  I honestly hope she gets a group leader or second group leader spot this year!!

Lacey, KaShara, Amy and Heather will probably get group leader, but I can see Madeline getting assistant group leader. Personally I cannot stand her, but my opinion means nothing compared to Judy, Kelli and Charlotte's opinion of her.

(edited)

I love Lacey and she looks fantastic doing lyrical but just one year, I would have loved to see her switch it up to something hot & sexy.  If nothing more, than to freak out the judges.  Maddie's solo is what I'd hoped to see from all the vets.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 9

Surprised no one has commented on Dayton? Her solo is up four or five back on instagram. She looked clean but not spectacular to me but it’s such a small snippet. Worth mentioning her costume covers her midsection... ??‍♀️

Rachel and Erin are also up on instagram. Erin dancing to “Dirty Diana.” I’m surprised to have now seen two solos to this song (Erica a few years ago) as it doesn’t seem like an obvious choice, but it works.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Lacey, KaShara, Amy and Heather will probably get group leader, but I can see Madeline getting assistant group leader. Personally I cannot stand her, but my opinion means nothing compared to Judy, Kelli and Charlotte's opinion of her.

She's one of my faves :) in case you couldn't tell...but everyone has faves and others they don't care for.  Like you, realistically, I see her as a second group leader.  I always say "my opinion and 5$ buys my Starbuck's".  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I love Lacey and she looks fantastic doing lyrical but just one year, I would have loved to see her switch it up to something hot & sexy.  If nothing more, than to freak out the judges.  Maddie's solo is what I'd hoped to see from all the vets.

Same here :) I absolutely LOVE Lacey.  She's been one of my faves since she kicked herself in the face during her rookie year audition!!! 

• Love 6

Tasha’s solo clip, ooof. Love that song but terrible Choice for her

all the comments on Selina... while I agree with them, in my opinion this is how she’s always looked. I don’t think she looks any thicker than in the past. She’s always been a surprise to me that she’s made the team (purely on looks not on talent)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GAgirl said:

Favorite vet solo: Maddie. And I'm not her biggest fan by a long shot. I love the energy and uniqueness. 

I’m not usually a huge Maddie fan but I agree. I enjoyed her solo based on what was shown.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Agree. As beautiful as her solo looked it was super predictable 

• Love 2