Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

If you have the CMT app, check out the clip with Denise before they meet with Victoria.  

Wow - Kelli sure called that one - I guess when you know people well you can predict things about them that others can’t.   VK’s pom dancing looked good in that clip, but wow her tummy needs help.  I hope they are telling her the real deal about that.  

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

1. We don’t know that she didn’t complain about it, she wasn’t called into the office or even part of that segment in any significant way - multiple  girls could have been upset about not making SG for all we know.   Now that I see how they do the triangle it appears to be a major blow for the upcoming season when it comes the formation in the dance, so I could see people being really upset when they don’t get it.   More so than I realized before.

2. I guess I’ll have to point this out since no one else is, but VK was highly pressured to give a reason why “something was wrong” in that office visit.   She tried to say nothing was wrong multiple times and they kept pushing for a reason so she finally admitted the SG thing.   She didn’t throw a tantrum or freak out, she just finally gave in and admitted the truth (and it’s naive to think she was the only dancer who didn’t get SG who felt she deserved it).   I know she’s immature and should have made up some other fake reason like she had a headache or something, but that’s what happens when you’re 18 and sitting across from your mom’s best friend.

In the clip with Denise on the CMT app, Kelli alludes to perhaps VK is getting pressure from home on showgroup.  And I think she says “who should we talk to”.  The looks going back and forth in that clip are hysterical.  Also, Kelli seemed to know that VK was upset about SG, before they called her in.  I guess ESP must be a special talent.

• Love 6

I have heard when Kelli ask the girls what their five year goals were Victoria said point girl, so I totally buy she was not happy about not being selected for SG. I do not think Kelli, Judy or Denise pressured her to finally admit to it.

2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

In the clip with Denise on the CMT app, Kelli alludes to perhaps VK is getting pressure from home on showgroup.  And I think she says “who should we talk to”.  The looks going back and forth in that clip are hysterical.  Also, Kelli seemed to know that VK was upset about SG, before they called her in.  I guess ESP must be a special talent.

I can't help but feel Kelli was trying for an excuse for VK.

I truly hope VK gets away from the DCC scene for a few years before considering giving this a go again.  I honestly feel it would do her a world of good.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

If you have the CMT app, check out the clip with Denise before they meet with Victoria.  

15 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I have a lot of respect for Niecy. She is a no BS professional choreographer. She also does not know VK from any other TC candidate and gave a true assessment. Authentic. Notice the "panic" on Judy's face when Niecy actually went there? As if she was expecting Kelli to release the kraken. They all know what we see.

Kelli pacifies the obvious with her statement "only needing 11 more months". We have NOT seen the last of VK. She'll be back next year. Both Kelli and Judy have softened so much over the years. I also think she is prepping herself and TK for the moment to ease the burden of friendship and expectations of VK to be on the team because she is the daughter of... Its all scripted. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can't help but feel Kelli was trying for an excuse for VK.

I truly hope VK gets away from the DCC scene for a few years before considering giving this a go again.  I honestly feel it would do her a world of good.

I agree 100% She should realize being a DCC is not the be all, end all of the universe. Breaks my heart to see what the girls go through in order to be a DCC. I also hate to see how the girls are treated by Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. I think Dayton was one smart cookie by going out and getting a great job on a cruise ship after being cut. Too bad other girls like Victoria and Malena are not doing the same thing.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/video-guide

The scene with Denise isn't on here, but it may show up later.  However, there are some other clips.

38 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Judy, Judy - when you are surprised like that, don't jerk your neck!  Do a Marshall - wing your eyebrows up:)  Less painful I'm sure

• Love 6
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Both of the falls looked very painful, and it must have been tough to get back up and dance so quickly.      Who was the second one that hit the floor?   She looked very heavy.  Dayton looked wonderful.   VK looked heavy.    Who picked the long gray tops?   They were hideous. 

Kristin looks ready to faint again. 

Kristin go home and eat a sandwich. Bless your heart.

Just now, MamaV said:

I will be fast forwarding through the entire team building segment next week. Can’t stand that stuff. Just show us more dancing! ?

SAME!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Judy just isn't speaking up the way she used to.   I wonder if something's wrong?    I hope she just isn't discussing the cheerleaders on camera, but I'm sure her input is invaluable to the entire selection process.      I miss the way Judy and Kelli would discuss before cuts, and try to decide if it was the end of the line.    

Judy may not speak her mind, but her facial and body expressions speak volumes. I think she may be tired of the show. I think she and Marshall have the best non verbal expressions of the all the judges. I would love it if they decide to have her and Marshall sit next to one another at auditions and deliberations. It would be a hoot to watch them together.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy may not speak her mind, but her facial and body expressions speak volumes. I think she may be tired of the show. I think she and Marshall have the best non verbal expressions of the all the judges. I would love it if they decide to have her and Marshall sit next to one another at auditions and deliberations. It would be a hoot to watch them together.

Exactly my thoughts as I captured this screen grab from next week's preview. :D

judys face.jpg

• Love 19
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love love love Tess.  I think she is gorgeous, amazing figure and definitely not a vet that does that bare minimum.  She set a goal to get a Barbie and be a leader and she's crushing it.  Also one of the nicest DCCs on SM, she seems to try to respond to everyone who tweets her or comments on her pics.  Just an all around great person, I hope she stays a couple more years.  I only wish she'd go back to the natural curls sometimes or maybe some sweeping bangs.  

Sunni is only one I can think of for sure who got made SG her first time in TC but was cut that year right at end of camp.  Someone mentioned maybe Liz Reuter too (weight) - I could see her making SG, she was a great dancer and Judy adored her. 

Speaking of Judy, I agree that she's purposefully keeping quiet while cameras are rolling.  I think she cares more than Kelli does about how she comes across and doesn't want to get bashed for her opinions by viewers.  I also think she probably likes Vic fine as a person but knows she's a bad fit for DCC, this year anyway.  Cassie had her flaws and faults but even she wasn't as immature that first time in TC as Vic is.  

Why did Sunni get cut?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree 100% She should realize being a DCC is not the be all, end all of the universe. Breaks my heart to see what the girls go through in order to be a DCC. I also hate to see how the girls are treated by Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. I think Dayton was one smart cookie by going out and getting a great job on a cruise ship after being cut. Too bad other girls like Victoria and Malena are not doing the same thing.

Unfortunately, this isn't happening. She's enrolled at North Lake College less than 20 minutes from her parents house. It's a small-ish (around 10K students) community college that doesn't offer off campus living and won't give her any form of culture outside of the Dallas and DCC Bubble. And, she is continuing to dance at the same studio where she grew up and lord knows they're either not that great or don't give honest feedback. TK is stunting her daughter and it's sad to watch. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Why did Sunni get cut?

Not being able to keep up the whole dance routine or as she said she was emotionally exhausted. If she made SG the first time she tried out why did she not make SG until her last year (Season 6.)

43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/video-guide

The scene with Denise isn't on here, but it may show up later.  However, there are some other clips.

Judy, Judy - when you are surprised like that, don't jerk your neck!  Do a Marshall - wing your eyebrows up:)  Less painful I'm sure

Just watched it and I wanted to duct tape Kelli's mouth. Judy's look told the entire picture we needed to know. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Just watched it and I wanted to duct tape Kelli's mouth. Judy's look told the entire picture we needed to know. 

I just asked this on the other thread.  The ep isn't on Amazon yet.  I saw what Denise told K&J on the clip, but what did Denise say on the show?  Cause what she said on the clip is different

• Love 3
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

I just asked this on the other thread.  The ep isn't on Amazon yet.  I saw what Denise told K&J on the clip, but what did Denise say on the show?  Cause what she said on the clip is different

In the office Kelli said "Denise didn't notice you," but in the office when asked who needs like 11 more months Denise said Victoria. So she did notice her, she just didn't notice her in a good way. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

In the office Kelli said "Denise didn't notice you," but in the office when asked who needs like 11 more months Denise said Victoria. So she did notice her, she just didn't notice her in a good way. 

I was wondering cause I've been reading the posts since last night about the ep, and then I watched the clip.  She probably didn't even tell VK what Denise said about show group, did she?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was wondering cause I've been reading the posts since last night about the ep, and then I watched the clip.  She probably didn't even tell VK what Denise said about show group, did she?

Not that we saw, no. She did say that if other people were making the cuts, she'd be going home. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love love love Tess.  I think she is gorgeous, amazing figure and definitely not a vet that does that bare minimum.  She set a goal to get a Barbie and be a leader and she's crushing it.  Also one of the nicest DCCs on SM, she seems to try to respond to everyone who tweets her or comments on her pics.  Just an all around great person, I hope she stays a couple more years.  I only wish she'd go back to the natural curls sometimes or maybe some sweeping bangs.  

Sunni is only one I can think of for sure who got made SG her first time in TC but was cut that year right at end of camp.  Someone mentioned maybe Liz Reuter too (weight) - I could see her making SG, she was a great dancer and Judy adored her. 

Speaking of Judy, I agree that she's purposefully keeping quiet while cameras are rolling.  I think she cares more than Kelli does about how she comes across and doesn't want to get bashed for her opinions by viewers.  I also think she probably likes Vic fine as a person but knows she's a bad fit for DCC, this year anyway.  Cassie had her flaws and faults but even she wasn't as immature that first time in TC as Vic is.  

Cassie knew or faked knowing her place during TCC. But that's were the nepotism started and VK knowing that, took it to another extra level.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

1. We don’t know that she didn’t complain about it, she wasn’t called into the office or even part of that segment in any significant way - multiple  girls could have been upset about not making SG for all we know.   Now that I see how they do the triangle it appears to be a major blow for the upcoming season when it comes the formation in the dance, so I could see people being really upset when they don’t get it.   More so than I realized before.

2. I guess I’ll have to point this out since no one else is, but VK was highly pressured to give a reason why “something was wrong” in that office visit.   She tried to say nothing was wrong multiple times and they kept pushing for a reason so she finally admitted the SG thing.   She didn’t throw a tantrum or freak out, she just finally gave in and admitted the truth (and it’s naive to think she was the only dancer who didn’t get SG who felt she deserved it).   I know she’s immature and should have made up some other fake reason like she had a headache or something, but that’s what happens when you’re 18 and sitting across from your mom’s best friend.

The show is about drama. If multiple girls were visibly upset, they would show it.  I do think that Victoria is being edited slightly negatively but I don’t think they would miss the chance to show a number of upset, entitled divas complaining that they didn’t get one of the best spots.

• Love 4

Anybody follow Malena on SM ? No job with a fancy title and probably lost the benefit of taking a college-level dance class on campus at a free/reduced rate, no DCC, family in NJ... Just hope she has a plan to rebound..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

It is entitled to be so disappointed you can’t perform in practice when you aren’t even on the team yet. 

Anyone who doesn’t make it is disappointed, of course. Her disappointment came from an expectation that she deserves to make it over the other girls. 

A part of me wishes Dayton had never even tried out again. I know it’s part of her life story and it was an accomplishment to make training camp - but I’m not sure it was a good experience for her. As it turns out, she’s better off not being in the team.

If Dayton had never tried out again, there would have been that whole "what if?"  This way, she knows for sure how she feels.  Also, Dayton strikes me as the kind of gal who will use this experience to grow on.  And she's lucky to have parents who will let her chase HER dreams.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 20
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Not being able to keep up the whole dance routine or as she said she was emotionally exhausted. If she made SG the first time she tried out why did she not make SG until her last year (Season 6.)

Since I completely missed that season, that's why I'm asking!  I have absolutely no knowledge of Sunni other than hearing her name mentioned - I didn't watch the seasons when she was DCC. So did she make SG the first time she tried out and get cut later in training camp? 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

i'm just saying what someone who cheered with her said. sunni is not someone i know personally. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Since I completely missed that season, that's why I'm asking!  I have absolutely no knowledge of Sunni other than hearing her name mentioned - I didn't watch the seasons when she was DCC. So did she make SG the first time she tried out and get cut later in training camp? 

I guess she did make SG in Season 3, but she was one of the last cuts made in Season 3. I had no clue she made it on SG. I think she did make Power Squad.

4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'm just saying what someone who cheered with her said. sunni is not someone i know personally. 

I didn't want you to think I was doubting what you said. I was curious myself as the discussion was as if anyone had ever made SG and been cut later in camp -interesting topic!!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Oy. ??‍♀️ This is what CMT picks for the advertisement pic for MTT. 

046D40D8-300E-4901-AAF6-1F784D1C9F86.jpeg

Like I mentioned way back in this thread, the season shud have been renamed DCC:Making the Team/Victoria Kalina Edition. It’s just always her, her, her,  ad nauseum?

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Oy. ??‍♀️ This is what CMT picks for the advertisement pic for MTT. 

You know, I wasn't originally a VK hater or disliked her, but the more I see her, the more they show case her, and the more she acts over the top, the more I get annoyed with her and the blatant nepotism and favoritism and excuses K is making for her.  I have been following DCC:MTT since the 2 hour episode.  But this season is really making me want to stop watching it.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

I strongly disagree. You can teach anyone first, second, fourth and fifth positions. VK does NOT have good ballet technique. She doesn't have 1) the feet, 2) the turn out, 3) falls out of turns, and this isn't new. Watch at her videos both past and present- she cant do a double pirouette, falls out every time as she did on the field 3) leads with her chin out, 4) isn't pulled up or light on her feet, 5) lacks poise... its a sloppy mess. She may KNOW ballet technique, but she doesn't have it. 

She has not been sheltered from having to practice as she's been in dance since the age 2. (I also started at age 2, by 13 I was at summer intensives with Joffrey and SAB, by 18 I had to make a career choice) VK only places in her shows, she never actually wins. She has the heart and passion for dance but the reality is she doesn't have the talent to do it professionally. You must be able to dance all genres not just contemporary.  It will be a "gift" if she ever makes DCC as Cassie's tenure was a "gift". Cassie is unattractive , pigeon toed, clunky and also had an attitude which I witnessed at more than one rehearsal. She also was entitled, BUT she knew when to keep her mouth shut. TK was not a good dancer back in the day either, she was good connecting with fans though as she was and still is goofy. 

VK is decent in ONE style, contemporary. Thats the style Travis taught, thats the style she auditioned. Niecy taught a powerful, sharp, infused jazzy number that lost VK hence the reason she didnt stand out. Throwing the SG tantrum isnt why she didn't stand out. Any true professional dancer would have killed it to show Kelli and Judy they made a mistake for not noticing them for SG. I would have. 

The more I see the more I do not like this girl. Dance-wise nor otherwise, she is toxic. No better than Chelsea whining and mocking the process. T-O-X-I-C. Lying to Kelli later was the nail in her coffin. She deserved her fate. She needs more than a year to mature, she needs a few. At least 3 more years. 

Why are we even talking about her coming back? Would they accept Chelsea back? No-and VK was much worse. She blatantly lied not to her employer alone, but to a person (multiple people actually) she considers family. You can’t redeem yourself after that- to Kelli personally maybe, but not to dcc as an employer. And if they can’t forgive their one superstar for lying (Holly) or their second best for something that no one would really learn about if she wasn’t cut (Erica), but you can forgive VK...that’s not just favoritism, that’s pure stupidness.

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Many girls were probably disappointed. Do you remember anyone else not performing well because of something so petty? Angela was the only one and was roasted, but she was a 5th year and that was her only goal-plus she knew it was her last chance. Is it really the same with a mediocre dancer who hasn’t even made the team yet underperforming because she thought she deserved it over 43 other girls?

16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Bingo! She got shut down quite rudely during prelims after questioning VK’s abilities. Of course they didn’t show it, but I heard Judy was seen tearing up afterwards. 

If it’s true, it’s really sad. Even though she has no leg to stand on considering that Cassie got gifted a long tenure with the dccs thanks to her, but in VK’s case she was absolutely justified...

16 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Fuck that entitled mop of extensions and teeth. It's ruining my favorite Thursday night guilty pleasure. Tantrum about not making show group? Go take several seats with your muffin top and get over yourself.

In other news, must suck to be a rookie during filming. What episode does she get booted?

I love you!

15 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently she complained A LOT to the other girls about show group which didn’t help with her entitled reputation. She didn’t think it fair that she won a Barbie but didn’t make SG. 

I completely agree. It was unfair that she won a Barbie. Oh, that’s not what she said.oops!

15 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I can't get over Kelli saying to VK ,"If it was anybody else making cuts, tonight would have been your last night". I think that proves the favoritism right there. 

Aaand she doesn’t even care enough to hide it.

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Unfortunately, this isn't happening. She's enrolled at North Lake College less than 20 minutes from her parents house. It's a small-ish (around 10K students) community college that doesn't offer off campus living and won't give her any form of culture outside of the Dallas and DCC Bubble. And, she is continuing to dance at the same studio where she grew up and lord knows they're either not that great or don't give honest feedback. TK is stunting her daughter and it's sad to watch. 

I do agree, but she’s also responsible for herself now. She doesn’t have to do as mommy says now and if she still doesn’t get how she comes across and what went wrong, it’s not mommy’s fault anymore.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why are we even talking about her coming back? Would they accept Chelsea back? No-and VK was much worse. She blatantly lied not to her employer alone, but to a person (multiple people actually) she considers family. You can’t redeem yourself after that- to Kelli personally maybe, but not to dcc as an employer. And if they can’t forgive their one superstar for lying (Holly) or their second best for something that no one would really learn about if she wasn’t cut (Erica), but you can forgive VK...that’s not just favoritism, that’s pure stupidness.

Because VK herself said she'd be back next year. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

What’s she studying there?  Dance?

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Liz Rueter did not make SG in Season 5.

Angela was called out by the guest choreographer in Season 10 because her dancing was off because she was not happy about not making SG.

I couldn’t stand Angela.... she acted like an entitled spoiled brat 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently she complained A LOT to the other girls about show group which didn’t help with her entitled reputation. She didn’t think it fair that she won a Barbie but didn’t make SG. 

She won a Barbie because she is Kelli's little darling!!

• Love 4

The thing that annoyed me most about little miss thing in the office last night was her initial response to being told that Denise didn't think she was all that. " I AM SHOCKED "

Really, GTF over yourself 

then, when pressed, she backtracks and starts making her stupid "I'm disappointed" crap excuse. Honestly I don't know if that is even true. She may have thought she was the best in the room and when they kept insisting she was off and wanted a reason she babbled off the first thing that came into her head.

I mean think about it. Was she off? Or was she just exactly the same as she always is (not good), and Kelli just can't admit that so ....

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Like I mentioned way back in this thread, the season shud have been renamed DCC:Making the Team/Victoria Kalina Edition. It’s just always her, her, her,  ad nauseum?

Sorry but this is a very unattractive picture of her. She actually looks like a linebacker.

• Love 7