Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Not TMK.  I scanned the replies to Jinelle’s “High Kicks to Year 6” and “Plot twist” (paraphrasing) tweets.  Fans are asking for confirmation, but I saw no replies from Jinelle.   I hooray’d because the plaza performance is above and beyond what All Stars do indicating we have her for the year.  

Yuko’s not tweeted anything for some time. We’ll need the insiders’ help.

To the Bat-phone:)

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hell to the yeah she does!!!

Same!  Amazing how invested I can be in someone I never even met :)

I know, rite? I was pissed that Tara got cut, haven’t seen the cut of course, but cracks me up that I even care that much to b pissed??

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

As far as I know Yuko is doing ok. She was in a minor car accident and suffered a concussion and some whiplash.

Ohhhhh, poor thing!

Just now, Holly85 said:

Surprisingly she looked pretty darn good 

Good.  All the rookies look great to me.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

See, non dancer here:)  I thought she was a pretty dancer in some of the stuff she posts online, but I wouldn't have recognized her dance issues.  I would have explained everything away as she's so excited, she's forgetting what she was taught.  I wonder if she has ever taken lessons with Kitty Carter.  I know she has gone to prep classes with alumni, but is anybody honest with her?

Her earlier teachers - why didn't they say anything?  Was it that VK and mom didn't listen?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what bugs me is that Victoria SHOULDN'T be forgetting her dance training.  It should be SO ingrained in her that she hits all the moves and should be able to cover up any mistakes she makes.  I've heard many a professional dancer say that they use the excitement (and nerves) to help them perform better.  However, it looks to me like Victoria allows her excitement and nerves to overwhelm her to the point where she blanks.   I suspect she needs to learn discipline, especially when she gets bored or things get hard, so that she can actually improve.  I suspect that Victoria wasn't listening to her teachers and her mom allowed that to happen.  Frankly, if her studio had exams (like ballet uses, especially with schools using the Royal Academy of Dance style syllabus), then her teachers should have held her back until both she and her body LEARNED and showed some discipline.  If they didn't, it may have been just to get her out of their classroom.  I can see why they might have done so, but it didn't do Victoria any favors if they did so.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ohhhhh, poor thing!

You know who else surprised me and I was standing right next to her but on the other side of th gate !! Savannah 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what bugs me is that Victoria SHOULDN'T be forgetting her dance training.  It should be SO ingrained in her that she hits all the moves and should be able to cover up any mistakes she makes.  I've heard many a professional dancer say that they use the excitement (and nerves) to help them perform better.  However, it looks to me like Victoria allows her excitement and nerves to overwhelm her to the point where she blanks.   I suspect she needs to learn discipline, especially when she gets bored or things get hard, so that she can actually improve.  I suspect that Victoria wasn't listening to her teachers and her mom allowed that to happen.  Frankly, if her studio had exams (like ballet uses, especially with schools using the Royal Academy of Dance style syllabus), then her teachers should have held her back until both she and her body LEARNED and showed some discipline.  If they didn't, it may have been just to get her out of their classroom.  I can see why they might have done so, but it didn't do Victoria any favors if they did so.  

Your daughter's doing great...….we take cash or check

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ohhhhh, poor thing!

Fingers crossed!  I saw one pic of Briana; she was smiling. Fingers crossed she is now consistently smiling & performing with power since she made DCC; elevated her performing over when she was with the Titans. Anyone witness any power, pop & smiling in person?  Don't want her to be a one-yr DCC girl!  C'mon Bri!  ???

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Do you know who the game day girl is today?

No I didn’t catch it we ended up leaving to beat traffic out it was pretty packed I was surprised how packed it was being preseason 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

See, non dancer here:)  I thought she was a pretty dancer in some of the stuff she posts online, but I wouldn't have recognized her dance issues.  I would have explained everything away as she's so excited, she's forgetting what she was taught.  I wonder if she has ever taken lessons with Kitty Carter.  I know she has gone to prep classes with alumni, but is anybody honest with her?

Her earlier teachers - why didn't they say anything?  Was it that VK and mom didn't listen?

We can’t assume that no one corrected her... it’s her job to apply corrections. And, the stompy, clunky thing takes a lot of work to correct if she’s been dancing that way her whole life- for this style. If she’s always practiced power Pom that way, she needs to “undo” muscle memory. Takes time and work. Also takes the ability to hear corrections and believe that those corrections are necessary. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

We can’t assume that no one corrected her... it’s her job to apply corrections. And, the stompy, clunky thing takes a lot of work to correct if she’s been dancing that way her whole life- for this style. If she’s always practiced power Pom that way, she needs to “undo” muscle memory. Takes time and work. Also takes the ability to hear corrections and believe that those corrections are necessary. 

She went to every class that Kitty taught this year and last year, why didn't Kitty correct her.  Why didn't Tina correct her?   She also went to every pro prep class this year.  After each pro prep class they give you advice.  I am wondering if Victoria  just wouldn't apply the corrections.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Your daughter's doing great...….we take cash or check

You’re SOOOO right. If a studio doesn’t advance her, there’s another studio down the street. It gets political (as early as 7-8 years old). Unfortunately, some studios succumb. Sad. 

6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She went to every class that Kitty taught this year and last year, why didn't Kitty correct her.  Why didn't Tina correct her?   She also went to every pro prep class this year.  After each pro prep class they give you advice.  I am wondering if Victoria  just wouldn't apply the corrections.  

From the comments I’ve seen on social media, all anyone does is tell her how amazing she’s doing.  Maybe, truly, no one corrected her for whatever reason ??‍♀️

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Maybe she couldn’t fast enough- muscle memory from bad habit? Maybe she didn’t put in the extra work? Maybe she didn’t believe them. (You know Kitty wouldn’t BS her.) I haven’t seen enough of her in camp yet to really formulate an educated opinion. You’re a dancer, right? There’s always that person who keeps coming in with the same issue. Maybe it’s just a body movement thing when she’s nervous? She might have been calmer in prep classes. 

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

I think Kashara’s group looks amazing this year... Heather has become my favorite vet, Kashara has honestly the best bodyshape for this uniform (but this I guess is a matter of opinion... I just think it looks better on a curvier frame) and Erin should be Victoria’s role model. Like her or not, she was cut last year for being too fluid and she seemed like a lost case, but with only one year of prep classes she got to this! I’m sure with one year under her belt she will be great.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Omg. Maddy compared to Tasha. Maddy looks puffy and short legged. 

She really does look heavy in the legs and thick in the middle, plus she just doesn’t have the glam face. I’d honestly hate to be photographed next to Barbie Doll Tasha, but Maddie looks so out of place next to her. It looks like a DCC and some high school kid in a DCC Halloween costume. ???

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Anita said:

Does anyone know what this comment is referring too? xx

6C0BEDD9-57CD-4964-84FD-BF20A9A5B65F.jpeg

Isn’t this the person that is always badgering Jenna on social media?? People who have more info, correct me if I’m wrong! I would assume this is in reference to the Jenna/Erica situation from last season. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Where was this comment? Who’s page? What picture was it responding to? Just trying to get context. 

It was the unflattering photo of Madeline in the photo on DCC Instagram age today sorry xx 

27 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Isn’t this the person that is always badgering Jenna on social media?? People who have more info, correct me if I’m wrong! I would assume this is in reference to the Jenna/Erica situation from last season. 

Comment refers to his response to the photo xx

2EE6AE93-1B38-46C5-B944-F58BE4FC0F7F.jpeg

• Love 1
12 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Wow.  I missed her then.  I thought she didn’t come back.  I liked her dancing style. 

They only showed her maybe two or three times and it was brief. I had to pause it to confirm it was her. I liked her style, too.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, amandaellen87 said:

Will Jinelle still be with the team when Yuko comes back? Fingers crossed ?

Jinelle is an All-Star who is filling in for Yuko. She is not on the team even when Yuko comes back.

1 hour ago, CheerGoddess said:

Yeah, that’s the guy, although this comment appears to refer to Maddie and Holly. That poster seems to be obsessed with the Holly situation. 

While Rachel (rookie) is beautiful, she still seems, to use Kelli’s word, pastel to me. I hope she gets a little more pop soon. 

Based on this past weekends video, Gina is still the standout IMO.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Anita said:

It was the unflattering photo of Madeline in the photo on DCC Instagram age today sorry xx 

Comment refers to his response to the photo xx

2EE6AE93-1B38-46C5-B944-F58BE4FC0F7F.jpeg

Hmm, that’s odd. From the context of the comment, I would’ve assumed it would be in reference to the Jenna/Erica situation. Wonder why it commented on this photo? Anyone have any insight?