Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

It happened before because both Lauren and Gina tell the access Hollywood guy that they go back to camp the next day, and he says, “I think you both will make [the team] with no problem.” 

the team had already been announced. this was one of the scenes that was shown out of sequence. I think Judy or Kelli said something about it on twitter.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, that’s my understanding. Last year, Milan didn’t want to be considered, but she went through the show group audition process. There is a short clip of her dancing during last year’s show group auditions. 

I was just going to say I remember her being shown onstage.

7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

she does look somewhat different but i actually think she looks younger. is it that her eyebrows maybe aren't so severe? she always had really dark arched brows (one in particular lol)  Plus the baby pink lipstick you all hated seems to be a thing of the past.  I think she looks great! 

I really like Lauren's new hair color! It suits her and kind of a nice medium between the blondes and the girls with really dark hair. 

who is the girl behind maddie ? i agree that does not look like Tasha im not sure what she had done if your drop dead beautiful why does a person feel the need for fillers or anytype enchancements not saying that is what she had done but there is def something different in her looks 

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Tootie said:

dcc sg 2018 a - Copy.jpg

For a moment, I thought this was show group WITH the new rookies, then I counted and realized it WASN'T.  Dang it!  Math dashed my hopes again.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, luvboo said:

i agree that does not look like Tasha im not sure what she had done if your drop dead beautiful why does a person feel the need for fillers or anytype enchancements not saying that is what she had done but there is def something different in her looks 

Maybe Tasha's just put on a little weight in her face.  

Did you see Kelsey's inst story today the one about the coffee she likes?  She has put way too much filler in her lips, some of her pix I hardly recognize  her anymore.  

• Love 1

I think they all try-out for show group as a way for K&J to review the girls one on one farther into training camp. See how far they’ve come individually even if they aren’t show group contenders. In camp they’re all dancing in groups but get to dance to their strengths in show group tryouts. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Maybe Tasha's just put on a little weight in her face.  

Did you see Kelsey's inst story today the one about the coffee she likes?  She has put way too much filler in her lips, some of her pix I hardly recognize  her anymore.  

I think she got veneers and has had fillers in her cheeks. 

• Love 1

There are some pictures of the vets in California on the beach on the DCC Facebook page. Vet Madeline looks a little out of shape, and Lauren is wearing a bikini in one of the pictures. Lauren is wearing a bikini on the beach, but she did not do the calendar shoot. Hmmm...

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

There are some pictures of the vets in California on the beach on the DCC Facebook page. Vet Madeline looks a little out of shape, and Lauren is wearing a bikini in one of the pictures. Lauren is wearing a bikini on the beach, but she did not do the calendar shoot. Hmmm...

Nothing against Madeline but she looks more than a little out of shape.  They have cut girls that were less out of shape than her.   Why can't they just say why Lauren didn't do calendar?!  What's the big secret?  

• Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Who is the tall brunette in between Heather and Tasha? 3rd from left.. help? 

Tess is the tallest one and she is in between KaShara and Heather. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1

Maddie’s bikini does not fit her well, and she does look thick in the beach photos. She looks good in all the other photos posted in CA so far. Maybe it was a bad day in a suit 3 sizes too small? 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Here's another picture of Lauren wearing a bikini

• Love 2
(edited)

M does have a more boxy/athletic build and her bikini is just not cute. And Gina has a tiny waist by comparison. I agree, if she was wearing something that fit her better, she'd look much better. Something to give her more shape up top with a flirty bottom. What she has on reminds me of duck camo.

ETA: I love Khalyn's bikini, she looks so pretty.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 3

Those bikini pictures sure were interesting. Madeline's suit was not a wise choice. She's got an athletic build and that suit makes her look big when she doesn't look that way in the uniform. At least not to me. I know some people feel she doesn't look womanly enough to be a DCC but I like that they have someone sporty on the team like her.

Ah, the mystery of Lauren! I remember all the comments about her during the calendar shoot, that she must have some religious reason for not appearing in a bikini. Looks like that's not true, at least not in Cali. She's got a great body, still rockin' those abs. My guess among the many theories was that maybe she was sick during the early part of the shoot and wasn't able to take part? Who knows, but she's not hiding her body now by any means.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Here's another picture of Lauren wearing a bikini

I think this puts to rest the “Lauren didn’t do the calendar shoot for religious reasons” idea. Hopefully we find out on the show why she went along but didn’t take pictures when she is obviously comfortable being on a beach in a thong. 

• Love 3
On 7/24/2018 at 11:51 AM, Taralightner said:

Amazon Prime video is just like Netflix or Hulu  

Go to amazon prime on your device or TV internet interface (Roku, firestick, some TVs have an internet interface built in). Search for DCC making the team. You can purchase digital seasons- to be played on TV with an internet connection (you will need the amazon prime app), through a Roku, or firestick. Or you can watch on a iPhone, iPad or other smartphone using the app for amazon video- again, I think the app is Amazon Prime). 

I use the prime “channel” on a Roku on one tv and a firestick on another tv) 

There may also be DVD’s available on amazon.com, but I haven’t searched for those. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Seasons 8 through 12 can be purchased from YouTube for $14.99 for standard definition and $19.99 for high definition.  Best thing, you own the seasons you purchase on YouTube and the episodes are shown in their entirety.  I was disappointed with Amazon's offering of shorted videos.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

That bikini is nowhere close to being a thong ?  you can see the line as it curves around - it's not even a particularly scanty style, although she's def rocking the hell out of it.  Good for her.  

I honestly don't understand all the speculation about whether or not she's some kind of hypocrite because she's (reportedly) not featured in the calendar, but posts bikini pics on social media (also, unless I'm missing something, I don't recall anything but speculation about that rationale, and the subsequent accusations of hypocrisy).

I seriously doubt that kind of "logic," but even if that was the case, so what if she's comfortable posting bikini pics on her social media, but not in posing for the calendar?  There is an enormous difference in perspective between the performance and the modeling aspects of being a DCC veteran, snide comments about uniform coverage aside.  Whatever else may or may not be true, it's clearly self-evident that 1) Kelli and Judy support Lauren 2) they are perfectly well aware of Lauren's social media, 3) Lauren has a reputation for being a team player, and 4) if Lauren wasn't pulling her weight or doing what she should be doing as a DCC (either as a performer or a model), Kelli and Judy would have addressed it, not just calmly taken her along for the ride.

Therefore, whatever the rationale may be for her exclusion, if Kelli and Judy aren't clutching their pearls about it, I'm not going to bother clutching mine either.

Yes! You said it well :) 

• Love 3
(edited)

Wish i was this out of shape ... and she and KaShara look almost identical body wise except Kash has more of a tan. I would give my eye teeth to have a bootie like Madeline!!   : )

BAEF79B1-F5DE-4845-91C8-B7F6F9B27D13.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, raindancer said:

That bikini is nowhere close to being a thong ?  you can see the line as it curves around - it's not even a particularly scanty style, although she's def rocking the hell out of it.  Good for her.  

I honestly don't understand all the speculation about whether or not she's some kind of hypocrite because she's (reportedly) not featured in the calendar, but posts bikini pics on social media (also, unless I'm missing something, I don't recall anything but speculation about that rationale, and the subsequent accusations of hypocrisy).

I seriously doubt that kind of "logic," but even if that was the case, so what if she's comfortable posting bikini pics on her social media, but not in posing for the calendar?  There is an enormous difference in perspective between the performance and the modeling aspects of being a DCC veteran, snide comments about uniform coverage aside.  Whatever else may or may not be true, it's clearly self-evident that 1) Kelli and Judy support Lauren 2) they are perfectly well aware of Lauren's social media, 3) Lauren has a reputation for being a team player, and 4) if Lauren wasn't pulling her weight or doing what she should be doing as a DCC (either as a performer or a model), Kelli and Judy would have addressed it, not just calmly taken her along for the ride.

Therefore, whatever the rationale may be for her exclusion, if Kelli and Judy aren't clutching their pearls about it, I'm not going to bother clutching mine either.

Thank you! I don’t think being comfortable wearing bikini = being comfortable in a swimsuit calendar. They are not even remotely the same thing. Regardless, however, we don’t know if her exclusion from the swimsuit shoot had anything to do being comfortable about anything. There could be totally unrelated reasons, but if it was something shady, I doubt she would’ve gotten a two-weeks free vacation in the Bahamas, nor remained on show group. K&J are obviously fine with it, and the other girls were probably happy to have one less person in competition with them to be in the calendar.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'll even admit it does look as if Madeleine has gained a couple of pounds.   But if she fit in last year's uniform I guess that is the real test.

She looks darn good to me in it :) 

F70E5999-0002-4211-B105-53ADAD62A491.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, raindancer said:

Did anyone call her a hypocrite, I hadn’t really seen that. I think we were pointing out that the rumor that she didn’t pose for the calendar because of religious reasons doesn’t seem to be true. I am sure there was a good reason but it doesn’t seem to be the one people were speculating about. 

I really like Lauren and am fine with whatever her reasons were and it seems like Kelly and Judy were too. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Do we know Kelli and Judy were completely fine with it. I do remember seeing a picture at swimsuit fittings of the swimwear they wanted to try on to see how well she look in the suits and bikinis. Something must have happened between the fittings and before they left for the shoot. We can be a little naïve to think Judy and Kelli have complete say so in what happens with the girls and the squad. CMT and Charlotte probably have a lot more involvement in what happens on a daily basis with the squad and the girls. I would not be surprised if Jerry Jones speaks his mind and his expectations in what he wants out of Kelli, Judy, the entire staff and the girls.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Do we know Kelli and Judy were completely fine with it. I do remember seeing a picture at swimsuit fittings of the swimwear they wanted to try on to see how well she look in the suits and bikinis. Something must have happened between the fittings and before they left for the shoot. We can be a little naïve to think Judy and Kelli have complete say so in what happens with the girls and the squad. CMT and Charlotte probably have a lot more involvement in what happens on a daily basis with the squad and the girls. I would not be surprised if Jerry Jones speaks his mind and his expectations in what he wants out of Kelli, Judy, the entire staff and the girls.

Only a select number of girls can be in the calendar anyway. I don’t see why they would have an issue with it, although I certainly can’t be sure. It seems like most of the girls want to be in the calendar so she helped make their lives easier by having one less person whose photographs they have to sort through.

Now if she tried to dip out on a low-key appearance or one of those tacky fashion shows (that I imagine they all hate), then that starts to get into a stickier situation. However, there’s less calendar spots than girls on the team, and Lauren is cute but she isn’t a glmazon like Kelsey who likely made it in part due to looks and calendar potential. I honestly don’t see why it would be a big deal. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, raindancer said:

That's what I was thinking. And also...yes to your last sentence.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Seasons 8 through 12 can be purchased from YouTube for $14.99 for standard definition and $19.99 for high definition.  Best thing, you own the seasons you purchase on YouTube and the episodes are shown in their entirety.  I was disappointed with Amazon's offering of shorted videos.

All of the seasons are on cmt.com

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Only a select number of girls can be in the calendar anyway. I don’t see why they would have an issue with it, although I certainly can’t be sure. It seems like most of the girls want to be in the calendar so she helped make their lives easier by having one less person whose photographs they have to sort through.

Now if she tried to dip out on a low-key appearance or one of those tacky fashion shows (that I imagine they all hate), then that starts to get into a stickier situation. However, there’s less calendar spots than girls on the team, and Lauren is cute but she isn’t a glmazon like Kelsey who likely made it in part due to looks and calendar potential. I honestly don’t see why it would be a big deal. 

There is more calendars than the twelve months calendar. I remember seeing cut vets in the 365 days a year daily desk calendar. Kelli and Judy are use to looking at multiple pictures of the girls to figure out who gets put in the multiple calendars. If there are willing to put a cut vet in the daily desk calendar, they would have put Lauren in it, and choose her for the other calendars. Like I said, Kelli and Judy follow the orders of others especially Charlotte, and CMT has more say so in what is shown on the show, and who makes or does not make to TC or the squad. Money, ratings and drama talks.

38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There is more calendars than the twelve months calendar. I remember seeing cut vets in the 365 days a year daily desk calendar. Kelli and Judy are use to looking at multiple pictures of the girls to figure out who gets put in the multiple calendars. If there are willing to put a cut vet in the daily desk calendar, they would have put Lauren in it, and choose her for the other calendars. Like I said, Kelli and Judy follow the orders of others especially Charlotte, and CMT has more say so in what is shown on the show, and who makes or does not make to TC or the squad. Money, ratings and drama talks.

I’m not quite following. Charlotte is Kelli’s boss, so of course she follows her orders just like anyone else follows their boss ‘s ordered. I’m not sure why Charlotte would be super invested in whether or not one cheerleader declines to do the calendar shoot though. It has no bearing on the final product unless they were just dying to put Lauren in the swimsuit shoot, which I can’t imagine.

As for the number of people in the calendar, my point was simply that being in th calendar is sought after for most of the team, so it’s no big deal if one girl takes herself out of contention. If there was a shortage of girls who wanted to do it, then I could see them being annoyed.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m not quite following. Charlotte is Kelli’s boss, so of course she follows her orders just like anyone else follows their boss ‘s ordered. I’m not sure why Charlotte would be super invested in whether or not one cheerleader declines to do the calendar shoot though. It has no bearing on the final product unless they were just dying to put Lauren in the swimsuit shoot, which I can’t imagine.

As for the number of people in the calendar, my point was simply that being in th calendar is sought after for most of the team, so it’s no big deal if one girl takes herself out of contention. If there was a shortage of girls who wanted to do it, then I could see them being annoyed.

What happens with the girls in the squad can affect the whole Cowboys Organization. Why do you think they were calling in Holly and Jenna into the office for breaking the rules right before they left for Canton? They want to make sure the Cowboys Organization's good name is not ruin before they left. They could have handle the situation long before the HOF game. I bet Erica's lawsuit is affecting everyone including Charlotte and Jerry Jones. Some of the posters on here were just interested in why Lauren did not pose for pictures, but she is seen on the beach with some other DCCs in a bikini while the girls were a part of a Cowboys event. Plus the fact the real reason why she did not do the calendar shoot is very hush hush do not talk about it type feeling going on.

(edited)

*sigh* No one is saying Lauren should be kicked off the team because she did not do the calendar shoot. Just like posters questioning why girls are cut, why certain girls make Show Group and other girls do not, why certain vets are cut for weight at finals while there are other vets who are out of shape at finals are saved from being cut etc. etc. Some of us are not saying we need to go down  to the Star and demand why they are not coming out with the real reasons why Lauren did not do the shoot. We are just a little curious, nothing more, nothing less.

And speaking of the new season, there is a new promo video on the DCC Facebook page. I am tired of Victoria already. I know it can be some heavy editing involved, but enough is enough. 

Edited by bigskygirl
23 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

It is not hush hush tho?  I mean, not sure what they were supposed to do... put in every caption of photos they posted from Bimini: "NOTE: DCC Lauren has asked to be excluded from having her photo taken because she was not comfortable with it; we respect her decision and value her as a team member which is why you've seen her in the background"? I mean, I guess that'd be nice for us rabid fans but the average dcc follower probably did not even notice she didn't shoot.  Kelli doesn't owe us a detailed explanation so I'm not surprised that there hasn't been one; she rarely tweets or posts about any such details, particularly while it's going on.   And I don't recall them ever saying that it's a requirement for all DCC to participate in the calendar shoot; they consider it an honor but I don't recall the words 'requirement with no exceptions.'  Lauren informed them ahead of leaving for the trip and they still chose to take her.  She's still on the squad.  She has fulfilled every actual duty that is required of her.  Also, in agreement with what others have said - there is a WORLD of difference between wearing a bikini at the beach with your gal pals and posing seductively in the sand at sunset all oiled up while untying your bikini bottoms.  I'm not judging anyone who doesn't have a problem with the latter (and it's clear Lauren doesn't either since none of her teammates seemed offended by her choice), I'm simply saying there IS a difference and some of us are allowed to opt out. 

Honestly, after Kelsi Reich saying things after the fact about how much she hated the calendar shoots and is so embarrassed she did them, they probably much prefer someone now quietly requesting to be excluded due to her convictions rather than speaking out negatively about the experience later.  

I hope this does not come off snarky to anyone, not my intention.  Lauren is a class act, caring, amazing human being and I just hate to see her raked across coals when she didn't do anything wrong.  Maybe unorthodox but not wrong.  

I love you Lauren. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I love you Lauren. 

So do I! She's wonderful and very funny. And as for why she wasn't in the calendar shoot, is that REALLY anyone's business? I mean, who is to say she hadn't had a surgical procedure, or something medical going on? That is definitely not anyone's business but hers, and what she shares with Kelli and Judy. Obviously they respected her enough, and accepted her reasoning, because she was clearly on the trip with them. (And of course, maybe she just ate too much bread. "I love bread! I love food!" That endeared her to me forever!) 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

So do I! She's wonderful and very funny. And as for why she wasn't in the calendar shoot, is that REALLY anyone's business? I mean, who is to say she hadn't had a surgical procedure, or something medical going on? That is definitely not anyone's business but hers, and what she shares with Kelli and Judy. Obviously they respected her enough, and accepted her reasoning, because she was clearly on the trip with them. (And of course, maybe she just ate too much bread. "I love bread! I love food!" That endeared her to me forever!) 

Lol. I was talking about @LaurenBrook, but I also love DCC Lauren as well. And, I don’t think her not doing the calendar should have taken up this much real estate. And GBPackersfan, you’re pretty cool, too! 

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Lol. I was talking about @LaurenBrook, but I also love DCC Lauren as well. And, I don’t think her not doing the calendar should have taken up this much real estate. And GBPackersfan, you’re pretty cool, too! 

Just like the Teryn was robbed last year from being on the team because Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa left the team or were cut before the season was over discussion, Brennan was robbed also discussion, etc. etc. Lauren is a current vet on the squad. She might be the first vet to not do the swimsuit calendar shoot. The topic will be brought up and discuss more than once especially next season because CMT was there filming the calendar shoot.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Just like the Teryn was robbed last year from being on the team because Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa left the team or were cut before the season was over discussion, Brennan was robbed also discussion, etc. etc. Lauren is a current vet on the squad. She might be the first vet to not do the swimsuit calendar shoot. The topic will be brought up and discuss more than once. Posters have the right to discuss just like discussing other girls who are on the squad or have tried out for the squad.

I wasn’t telling anyone what to post... and this wasn’t directed at anyone at all. I simply posted MY opinion that all this stuff about Lauren and the calendar shoot is much to do about nothing. It’s just my opinion- it’s certainly not personal. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I was hoping they would take DCC Lauren, with her hair as it was, & recreate the Farrah poster from the 70’s.  That may have increased sales of the calendar. 

omg..that would have been so cute!! 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I was hoping they would take DCC Lauren, with her hair as it was, & recreate the Farrah poster from the 70’s.  That may have increased sales of the calendar. 

Especially if they could have found the same type of one piece swimsuit Farrah had on. I remember teachers getting upset when the boys were wearing the  t-shirts with Farrah in her swimsuit on it. I feel so old.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Thank you! I don’t think being comfortable wearing bikini = being comfortable in a swimsuit calendar. They are not even remotely the same thing. Regardless, however, we don’t know if her exclusion from the swimsuit shoot had anything to do being comfortable about anything. There could be totally unrelated reasons, but if it was something shady, I doubt she would’ve gotten a two-weeks free vacation in the Bahamas, nor remained on show group. K&J are obviously fine with it, and the other girls were probably happy to have one less person in competition with them to be in the calendar.

My thought was maybe she saw the footage of the calendar shoot where they cheerleaders traipsed down the runway in thigh high boots and bikinis and thought, "Oh HAYLE NO!"  :)

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Especially if they could have found the same type of one piece swimsuit Farrah had on. I remember teachers getting upset when the boys were wearing the  t-shirts with Farrah in her swimsuit on it. I feel so old.

It was probably because of that dang nipple.  If I recall, said nipple was a huge deal at the time in my junior high.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.719ec95bf8ec8c8aad036ad7fbd406d3.jpg

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I wasn’t telling anyone what to post... and this wasn’t directed at anyone at all. I simply posted MY opinion that all this stuff about Lauren and the calendar shoot is much to do about nothing. It’s just my opinion- it’s certainly not personal. 

I agree completely with you, and i think you are pretty darn awesome too! 

• Love 2