Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I will say this. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher, but I never take pictures with alcohol. I rarely drink, but I just don't want someone to screen shot it and send it to our school board or super. The perils of rural school districts.  Anyway, I would agree pics with drinks and partying isn't smart for as who knows if that's your first or your twentieth? Erica learned the hard way.  I'd hate for someone else to as well.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I will say this. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher, but I never take pictures with alcohol. I rarely drink, but I just don't want someone to screen shot it and send it to our school board or super. The perils of rural school districts.  Anyway, I would agree pics with drinks and partying isn't smart for as who knows if that's your first or your twentieth? Erica learned the hard way.  I'd hate for someone else to as well.

Agree.  Further to that, to me there's nothing worse than a photo of a bride with a bottle of beer in her hand.  I never, ever drink out of the can or bottle regardless.  But I absolutely hate seeing beer bottles at weddings. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I would love to see Megan Fox take over for Judy, and Jackie Bob take over for Kelli.

I agree about Megan!  I would love to see her as Choreographer and I would love to see Ashton Torres as Director.  I think she would have the same ruthlessness that Kelli does.

• Love 2
Just now, letsliveitup said:

Please tell me Brennan is still in training camp!!!

She is. On the previous page, someone just posted a picture from last night and you can see everyone who is still in training camp.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

I would love to see Ashton Torres as Director.  I think she would have the same ruthlessness that Kelli does.

I love this idea!  Ashton would be amazing as Director with not only the added bonus of ruthlessness, but I think she'd keep the standards sky high, not only for the girls but for herself.  I don't think Ashton would allow herself to keep girls with low kicks or memory mistakes or anything else on the squad just because they're pretty or because she likes them, she feels sorry for them, etc. because that would jeopardize the quality of the squad.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I love this idea!  Ashton would be amazing as Director with not only the added bonus of ruthlessness, but I think she'd keep the standards sky high, not only for the girls but for herself.  I don't think Ashton would allow herself to keep girls with low kicks or memory mistakes or anything else on the squad just because they're pretty or because she likes them, she feels sorry for them, etc. because that would jeopardize the quality of the squad.  

Absolutely!  Completely agree!  She does have high standards for her own students.  I think she really would be fantastic at it!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

*cough CMT* #ratingsdrama

I don't think it would ever be Shelly taking over for Kelli as they are similar in age and might retire around the same time. 

To the poster who suggested Ashton Torres I think she would also be great. She just has that DCC look that I don't see in so many of the current DCC's and even some of the TCC's. There might have been several brunettes but they didn't all look alike as some do now. No one ever confused Ashton with anyone else--she was unique looking. Also she looked great when she cheered and she looks great now if that matters at all. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I don't think it would ever be Shelly taking over for Kelli as they are similar in age and might retire around the same time. 

To the poster who suggested Ashton Torres I think she would also be great. She just has that DCC look that I don't see in so many of the current DCC's and even some of the TCC's. There might have been several brunettes but they didn't all look alike as some do now. No one ever confused Ashton with anyone else--she was unique looking. Also she looked great when she cheered and she looks great now if that matters at all. 

I vote Ashton for Director and Brooke as Choreographer and Jennifer as Assistant Choreographer and teacher. Let’s keep Kitty for a lifetime appointment- like the Supreme Court- but she’s not allowed to retire. 

• Love 4

Kelli won't ever leave. I can't see Judy being there for much longer. Anyone else think that CMT is running out of steam? I hope not because I love the show but can't see it continuing forever. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Kelli likes to have the squad picked by at least a week or two before the first home game, so I think we will see quite a few cuts in the next two weeks. 

I also think the days of a larger squad are over. Although I'm sure there were moments last year with K &J regretting that they cut girls with good work ethic and great attitudes like Taryn and Brennan (since Alexandria Milan and Kalyssa did not finish the year) Kelli has been pretty adamant that the squad can only have 36 girls in recent years. I'm wondering if management  (aka Charlotte) put her foot down after the debacle of girls like Kaitlyn Larae and Morgan. 

I agree...and yeh Kaitlyn and Morgan made NO sense to me.  

8 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Kelli won't ever leave. I can't see Judy being there for much longer. Anyone else think that CMT is running out of steam? I hope not because I love the show but can't see it continuing forever. 

I see 15 years for MTT.  Just my thought :) 

2 hours ago, LLLmom said:

Thanks 

If Rachel doesn't make the squad, then I don't know what is wrong with this world!!!

(edited)

Ashton Torres is up there with Abigail Klein as hottest DCC ever. Abigail is more of a classic Grace Kelly beauty, Ashton just oozes sexiness without trying. I love them both!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8

Rumors have been floating around Morgan made the team because of Miss Kitty. I think Kaitlin LaRue made the team because Courtney Cook left before training camp and Chelsea was cut.

I think the three vets who are cut at finals should be the one who should be upset more than Brennan and Taryn. I can understand why Allie was cut for possible weight issues, but why were little Heather and Raylee was cut. Charlotte did seem to have it out for Raylee.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Rumors have been floating around Morgan made the team because of Miss Kitty. I think Kaitlin LaRue made the team because Courtney Cook left before training camp and Chelsea was cut.

I think the three vets who are cut at finals should be the one who should be upset more than Brennan and Taryn. I can understand why Allie was cut for possible weight issues, but why were little Heather and Raylee was cut. Charlotte did seem to have it out for Raylee.

Didn’t Heather mess up on kick line at finals? Also, did they say her kicks were low? Or, was all of this Allie? I loved Heather, but low kicks as a vet, and messing up on kickline at finals is scary for a vet. 

My memory of last year was Allie gained weight, Heather messed up the kick line (kicked in the wrong direction -hard to miss that mistake) and had low kicks, and Raylee, Kelli said about her solo "I'm bored."  Years ago, I remember Kelli commenting on Leah Mullinax and Carmen's solos and that was the kiss of death for them.  Also, Jay said Leah was long in the tooth or something similar.  Judy and Kelli commented on Collin's solo and she was gone.  I loved Collin but her solo was blah and she looked orange.  A vet's solo should be on fire and the kick line should be ingrained in their head.  

And I don't think the ego you need to try out and to help you make the team really listens to the judges and says "Oh it makes sense."  Keyra posted on instagram that she did not make the team because she missed one appearance.  I just watched the last season and she barely made last year.  They did not like her body and Judy was never fond of her.  Hannah could not see she gained weight.  Although I have seen training candidates I thought were robbed, I am not sure of a vet's cut that  I could not see why.

I also watched Brennan's cut last year and I hope she makes it this year.  I teared up watching it again for the third or fourth time.

I'm so looking forward to this season.

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Didn’t Heather mess up on kick line at finals? Also, did they say her kicks were low? Or, was all of this Allie? I loved Heather, but low kicks as a vet, and messing up on kickline at finals is scary for a vet. 

Didn't understand Heather getting cut ....they made a comment in the opening episode that she had had a great rookie season...so the kickline I guess had to be the kiss of death for her.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Didn't understand Heather getting cut ....they made a comment in the opening episode that she had had a great rookie season...so the kickline I guess had to be the kiss of death for her.  

Unless something else happened in the locker room that we don’t know. I thought they really liked her. But again, you can’t mess up on kickline as a vet... cardinal sin. 

21 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

My memory of last year was Allie gained weight, Heather messed up the kick line (kicked in the wrong direction -hard to miss that mistake) and had low kicks, and Raylee, Kelli said about her solo "I'm bored."  Years ago, I remember Kelli commenting on Leah Mullinax and Carmen's solos and that was the kiss of death for them.  Also, Jay said Leah was long in the tooth or something similar.  Judy and Kelli commented on Collin's solo and she was gone.  I loved Collin but her solo was blah and she looked orange.  A vet's solo should be on fire and the kick line should be ingrained in their head.  

And I don't think the ego you need to try out and to help you make the team really listens to the judges and says "Oh it makes sense."  Keyra posted on instagram that she did not make the team because she missed one appearance.  I just watched the last season and she barely made last year.  They did not like her body and Judy was never fond of her.  Hannah could not see she gained weight.  Although I have seen training candidates I thought were robbed, I am not sure of a vet's cut that  I could not see why.

K&J commented on Collin's solo, over-tanning and hair.  Can't vets go to Kitty Carter to have their solo's critiqued?  and to jazz them up if necessary?  I think no matter how many years I was on the squad, I would have someone watch my solo who could give me an honest review.  I wonder if Angela started to do that, cause the judges did not like her choreography in her rookie year.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

K&J commented on Collin's solo, over-tanning and hair.  Can't vets go to Kitty Carter to have their solo's critiqued?  and to jazz them up if necessary?  I think no matter how many years I was on the squad, I would have someone watch my solo who could give me an honest review.  I wonder if Angela started to do that, cause the judges did not like her choreography in her rookie year.

If I were a vet who wanted to return, I would go to Kitty for a few prep classes and solo help no matter how many years I had been on the team. It’s valuable info from her, and politically, it probably doesn’t hurt. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Unless something else happened in the locker room that we don’t know. I thought they really liked her. But again, you can’t mess up on kickline as a vet... cardinal sin. 

Ashley Pro and Breelan were kind of sloppy in on the kick line and got cut .

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Ashley Pro and Breelan were kind of sloppy in on the kick line and got cut .

Ashley also had that abrupt flip in her solo cause she got close to the other girls and she struggled with the field routine.  I really, really liked her.  I felt so bad for her when she got called in, and Kelli told her about the comments that had been made about her by previous coaches.  And Emma was awesome to stick up for her.  

Breelan came back heavier.  Now she is someone who shouldn't have made the squad to start with.  It was annoying to see when her rookie season originally aired, but when you re-watch one episode right after the other, that insecurity, hiding, crying, deer in headlights look gets old.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I also watched Brennan's cut last year and I hope she makes it this year.  I teared up watching it again for the third or fourth time.

I feel like the “she’s boring” or “she was good, but she needed to be great” type of cuts are always indicative of something else behind the scenes or just a general dislike of the girl. I’m pretty sure that those sorts of critiques could be leveled any number of vets and rookie candidates. There are vets who stay on the team for several years who are mediocre at best. 

I think K&J&C care a lot about how they come off on the show, and if they have something concrete to point to (even something as minor as Heather kicking the wrong way for a millisecond), then they will definitely amplify it. When they can’t do that and have to resort to vague complaints, it’s obvious to me that the real reason is something that they don’t wanna say on screen or that is just a personal preference. 

To be clear, I don’t think there’s anything shady or inherently wrong about them kicking off girls just because they don’t care for them anymore. It’s a dance team, not a government job, so part of staying on the team is keeping the director happy with you and on your side. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

My memory of last year was Allie gained weight, Heather messed up the kick line (kicked in the wrong direction -hard to miss that mistake) and had low kicks, and Raylee, Kelli said about her solo "I'm bored."  Years ago, I remember Kelli commenting on Leah Mullinax and Carmen's solos and that was the kiss of death for them.  Also, Jay said Leah was long in the tooth or something similar.  Judy and Kelli commented on Collin's solo and she was gone.  I loved Collin but her solo was blah and she looked orange.  A vet's solo should be on fire and the kick line should be ingrained in their head.  A

I also remember Kelli saying "I"m bored" when watching the kick line with the 5 vets that got cut in season 7. I always thought it was Meghan Michelle because they showed her when Kelli said it. 

10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I feel like the “she’s boring” or “she was good, but she needed to be great” type of cuts are always indicative of something else behind the scenes or just a general dislike of the girl. I’m pretty sure that those sorts of critiques could be leveled any number of vets and rookie candidates. There are vets who stay on the team for several years who are mediocre at best. 

I think K&J&C care a lot about how they come off on the show, and if they have something concrete to point to (even something as minor as Heather kicking the wrong way for a millisecond), then they will definitely amplify it. When they can’t do that and have to resort to vague complaints, it’s obvious to me that the real reason is something that they don’t wanna say on screen or that is just a personal preference. 

To be clear, I don’t think there’s anything shady or inherently wrong about them kicking off girls just because they don’t care for them anymore. It’s a dance team, not a government job, so part of staying on the team is keeping the director happy with you and on your side. 

THIS! You’re in my head. Totally agree with all that you said. And, I think it’s a good thing that they keep some issues with the dancers to themselves. It also protects the dancer and the organization. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Anita said:

Does anyone know if Victoria Kalina is still in TRAINING camp? xx ????

I am not 100% this is her because there was another lady that looked very similar x 

Is she the one circled in yellow? xx

D155E433-D640-4B5B-9C9E-35AEBDB9B8A3.jpeg

Victoria has already been told that she's got a guaranteed spot on the team.

• Love 1

Has there ever been a time when cuts were made when Kelli wasn't there?  I seem to remember that Judy (and possibly Kitty) cut at least one girl when Kelli was out of the office.  It's likely that Kelli confirmed the cut(s) before they were made, but she wasn't actually there when it happened.  Does anyone else remember seeing or hearing about this or am I just imagining it?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Has there ever been a time when cuts were made when Kelli wasn't there?  I seem to remember that Judy (and possibly Kitty) cut at least one girl when Kelli was out of the office.  It's likely that Kelli confirmed the cut(s) before they were made, but she wasn't actually there when it happened.  Does anyone else remember seeing or hearing about this or am I just imagining it?

Kelli was sick or her plane was delayed. Judy and Kitty ran practice. No one was cut, but they called Ashley into the office to talk about sexing up her dance style, Jessica to talk to her about consistent energy (Kitty thought she was selecting when to dance full-out), Danielle about looking forward- she was looking to her side too much to try to stay in line and could see peripherally because of her hair, and Jasmine about turn-out. Jasmine then told them about her club foot.  I don’t think any cuts would ever be made without Kelli doing it directly. And, I obviously need to get a life. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes, she did. I was honestly shocked Ann Lux made it back in S6 because it was blatantly obvious that Charlotte was gunning for her. I think Kelli and Judy tend to make better judgments than Charlotte for the most part. Kelli does see a tall blonde through "Kelli" goggles, but she does cut them if they're terrible. Judy does bend for ones like Kelsey and Christina, even Selena or Yuko who may not be super strong dancers but are beautiful girls.

I wonder what Charlotte's background in dance/cheer is. I always assumed she was there because she was part owner of the Cowboys. I think she's the meanest of all, even more so than Brenda. Even Brenda says nice things. Charlotte is always being rude, rolling her eyes, and saying they are too fat, old, or ugly to be a dcc.

unfortunately, she pays the bills,so she has final say.

• Love 3
(edited)

The majority of these girls made the squad due to connections with someone within the organization, friends of someone within the organization or were recruited by persons in the organization .  I would wager in recent years less than 20% are on the squad randomly .  LSU, Arizona are both heavily recruited by DCC employees.

Edited by lfedncr
Miss spelled
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

The majority of these girls made the squad due to connections with someone within the organization, friends of someone within the organization or were recruited by persons in the organization .  I would wager in recent years less than 20% are on the squad randomly .  LSU, Arizona are both heavily recruited by DCC employees.

This year I think it was closer to 5% were randomly chosen.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

In a way, I think it's sad that there are girls who are talented dancers and are stunning looks-wise (or can get that way with some minor tweaks) but won't get the chance to make the squad because they aren't connected in some way with the DCC.  It would be a refreshing change if they went entirely with girls who WEREN'T connected in any way with the organization for at least one year and, if that was a success, keep going.   As much as I don't like it, I know that, in a lot of places, it's now what you know (or what you can do), but who you know and that sad but true.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That whole Ann Lux/Charlotte thing was weird.  There was no mention of anything during season 5 and then season 6 comes on, and the way Ann was attacked, I was thinking - did I miss something?  

I don't recall any issues with Ann during her rookie TC. There's only 2 things I remember about Ann.  1) At the first TC meeting when you have to say something about yourself, she mentioned  Sunni was her dance teacher when she was young. 2) She got sick during the first game practice and Crystal walked her off the field.  I don't think she was featured that much in season 5.

6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I also remember Kelli saying "I"m bored" when watching the kick line with the 5 vets that got cut in season 7. I always thought it was Meghan Michelle because they showed her when Kelli said it. 

I thought the same thing.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, bigskygirl said:

Rats! I remember in Season 3 when they had the scene where former DCC Megan Fox was teaching some of the girls who were struggling in TC. She was great and so sweet and helpful. The girls really responded to her, and they were able to relax without Kelli and Judy being there.

Would love to see Megan Fox come back!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I vote Ashton for Director and Brooke as Choreographer and Jennifer as Assistant Choreographer and teacher. Let’s keep Kitty for a lifetime appointment- like the Supreme Court- but she’s not allowed to retire. 

This is from when Brooke was the head choreographer with the Dolphins.  She may not have created it, but she approved it, perfected it and deemed it "game ready."  I wouldn't want the DCC doing a routine like this!!

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Anita said:

I heard that Jackie Bob and Jennifer would take over from Judy and Kelli at some point xx

Jenn K 100%, she definitely is being groomed to take over !!

• Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

This is from when Brooke was the head choreographer with the Dolphins.  She may not have created it, but she approved it, perfected it and deemed it "game ready."  I wouldn't want the DCC doing a routine like this!!

Yikes! They’re a mess! And, no, not nearly DCC quality. I’m wrong. It may be the caliber of dancer that she has to work with, or may be the constraints of lack of practice time, but honestly, my recreational dancers are more in sync at recitals than parts of this. This doesn’t look professional at all. Sorry, Brooke, if you read here. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Didn’t Carmen dance in a full length gown?   That year those vet solos for the 5 cuts were pretty bad IIRC.   but in those early years, the solos were nowhere near the level they are now.   Mentor Melissa would never have made it back her second year if she had the solo issue she had in recent auditions.   I do think the ladies have stepped up their games since seasons 1-3.  Some of the auditions looked like strippers for hire (a police uniform that just sauntered around the room and that cat woman costume come to mind)

• Love 5
On 7/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Jess14 said:

Yeah, that’s how I take it to, but I don’t think the girls should be on the hook for the tip, if the expectation is that they’re supposed to give one. I’m surprised they don’t just charge it all to one account which includes the tip. The girls could go to a salon that’s much cheaper, if they had a choice, and therefore would pay a smaller tip. 

I don't see many of these ladies getting haircuts or dye jobs for under $40, though. Expert color & styling for the amount of a tip seems like a good deal and a perk to me. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Wow, that routine is a hot mess. It looks like they learned it that day.

Looks like they have a few DCC moves in there but pretty sloppy.  DCC could have made that routine look HOT!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Looks like they have a few DCC moves in there but pretty sloppy.  DCC could have made that routine look HOT!

It looks like Brooke borrowed some DCC moves and formations, but the execution of them is not good. The better dancers are in the front but the second and third rows don't know the dance very well and/or their timing is really off. I guess that's why K&J are so particular about lines and timing. They really try to make it look like everyone knows the dance. 

• Love 6
On 7/12/2018 at 4:43 PM, ShellyB said:

That was the original plan....they ran the dancer auditions all day on Tuesday. Started at 9 am in the first session and did 2 rounds. They had a 2nd session around 12 pm with another set of dancers with two rounds. Callbacks were at 3:30, where they did another 2 rounds. About 250 dancers...15 were selected. We left the studio about 6pm Tuesday evening. ??????

So did Dayton get selected??

• Love 1