Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 7/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, MrsEVH said:

Seems like the girls they intent to cut or think they'll won't make it they don't do much to. In season 3 Brandi Kilby didn't get much of a makeover (they kept her hair curly). When she came back in season 4 they straightened hair and she made the squad. 

I just watched Season 3 again, and Brandi was cut for pictures on social media.

3 hours ago, Cody701 said:

Kelsey Lowrance Commented:

Omg! Do not look at those boards!! ? #cyberbullying

Cyber bullies? Really Kelsey? Most people love you on here. 

And since when are opinions considered bullying? 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Cody701 said:

Hmph! Well, Kelsey doesn’t get any hate here. I haven’t seen much here I’d consider bullying ?? BUT to each his/her own I suppose.

Kelsey should be thanking her lucky STARS she didn’t get the hate some people get on these boards (Cassie, Vivian, VK).  I think the worst thing anyone said about her was her dancing was mediocre.

as far as Marshall, he’s a hoot! I love him! In my opinion, don’t go on a reality show and expect people not to talk about you( nice or rude.) 

it’s like YT beauty bloggers who gripe about people talking shit about them. If you can’t handle it, don’t go on a reality show/make videos.

you go on TV=fair game. 

• Love 16
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Hmph! Well, Kelsey doesn’t get any hate here. I haven’t seen much here I’d consider bullying ?? BUT to each his/her own I suppose.

Kelsey should be thanking her lucky STARS she didn’t get the hate some people get on these boards (Cassie, Vivian, VK).  I think the worst thing anyone said about her was her dancing was mediocre.

as far as Marshall, he’s a hoot! I love him! In my opinion, don’t go on a reality show and expect people not to talk about you( nice or rude.) 

it’s like YT beauty bloggers who gripe about people talking shit about them. If you can’t handle it, don’t go on a reality show/make videos.

you go on TV=fair game. 

Exactly. Whenever we say anything that is not "nice", they consider us bullies. I find it really hard to believe that Kelsey & Co. don't EVER talk shit about people or criticize them; whether to each other in person, through text messages or email, etc. Wouldn't that make them "bullies" as well? Kelsey's likeability just dropped a few pegs 

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 8
(edited)

Isn’t it really only cyber bullying if you’re harassing someone on their own page? I mean, they don’t have to read here. I don’t know. I try and be nice most of the time, and I’m usually only honest. Occasionally I get catty, I’m human. My bad! So I guess if being honest makes me a cyber bully, so be it. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cody701 said:

We are just like K&J... making comments on who we like, why we like them, who we do not like, why we do not like them, who has the dance skill to make the team, who does not have the dance skill to make the team, who has a thut, who can’t change their face, who needs a makeover...and the list can go on & on....exactly how it is done on the show. All just opinions that everyone can agree or disagree about.  

Each of us has a different opinion on whom we like or don’t like..just like K&J...and we can change our minds midway through too.

And when a member has a daughter trying out, we do try and remain positive most of the time.  But still we should be able to say what we like and dislike.

And that includes opinions on any hairdressers & makeovers.  Lol

Edited by Jazzmom
Adding my lol
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Isn’t it really only cyber bullying if you’re harassing someone on their own page? I mean, they don’t have to read here. I don’t know. I try and be nice most of the time, and I’m usually only honest. Occasionally I get catty, I’m human. My bad! So I guess if being honest makes me a cyber bully, so be it. 

It could also include contacting them through email and IM among other things.  It could include calling people VERY rude names, trying to get them to leave school and/or work, trying to get them to commit suicide or get committed for mental health reasons, etc.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Right. They’re seeking out the board, not the other way around. Of all of the reality tv shows out there, which have message boards, I can’t think of another one that I have followed where the people on the show seem so invested in the fact that everyone doesn’t spend all day praising them on the message board. Again, there may be others, but I haven’t seen it. It’s just a bit odd. 

ETA: The guy who posts on like any instagram DCC post that has a pic or video of Jenna and calls her a backstabber - I think that is close to cyber bullying, and the guy should’ve been blocked a long time ago. However, if this board is cyber bullying, then any message board that doesn’t require 100% positivity is cyber bullying...

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Looks like Marshall  has been on here lol

KEEP UP THE EXTRA, MARSHALL. It's not a bad thing. Loving the kilt and Braveheart dreads BTW. 

6 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

DON’T go on a reality show Kelsey and not expect people to talk about you.  Boo fricking hoo. 

Well, she officially lost me as a fan. Her whole income now is based on social media and reality shows. She's making bank on her looks and her relationship, so she really needs to make sure she doesn't sound like she's unappreciative or resents fans, or she may have to get a real job.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Right. They’re seeking out the board, not the other way around. Of all of the reality tv shows out there, which have message boards, I can’t think of another one that I have followed where the people on the show seem so invested in the fact that everyone doesn’t spend all day praising them on the message board. Again, there may be others, but I haven’t seen it. It’s just a bit odd. 

I couldn’t agree more. Although some on here DO seek out these ladies on social media (I don’t look them up - everything I see from their SM accounts comes from this page), the ladies have the power to change their privacy settings as they see fit.

While DCCs do perform good things off the field, their whole existence is based on dancing sexily for the fans. And most of these girls have aspirations that capitalize on their DCC status (trophy wife, clothing designer, choreographer, Instagram influencer). So of course people will offer opinions based on their looks and/or dancing. Hell, even Judy admitted that everyone in the stadium is judging them at all times during the field practice in season 7.

DCCs: call it cyber bullying if you must, but I’m gonna offer opinions just as K&J do every day of your time as DCCs. #sorrynotsorry

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

Well, she officially lost me as a fan. Her whole income now is based on social media and reality shows. She's making bank on her looks and her relationship, so she really needs to make sure she doesn't sound like she's unappreciative or resents fans, or she may have to get a real job.

Gasp, but what if her boss doesn't kiss her fabulous ass all day every day?  BULLY!!!  I never really cared for Kelsey, but she lost me with her "don't pay attention to what people say, especially on the internet" crap.  She sure as shit pays attention when she's being told how "wonderful" (gag) she is. #you'renotasgreatasyouthinkyouare

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Courtney Cook and Brittany Schramm were also cut but came back the next year and made the 2011-12 squad.

I always thought it was strange how in season 6 Schramm said that she was a casualty of Kitty Carter but she didn't get cut the night Kitty was there, it was the next round of cuts,

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Gasp, but what if her boss doesn't kiss her fabulous ass all day every day?  BULLY!!!  I never really cared for Kelsey, but she lost me with her "don't pay attention to what people say, especially on the internet" crap.  She sure as shit pays attention when she's being told how "wonderful" (gag) she is. #you'renotasgreatasyouthinkyouare

Or what if they don't looove her haircut or what if they question if she had a nose job?? Or heaven forbid someone notices her boob job (because, well, we have eyes) and decides to talk about it! God people are such bullies!

Yeah, no, Kelsey. It's called having an OPINION. Sorry if they're not always what you want to hear. Literally don't make a living off social media if you do not want people criticizing you. And don't get a boob job,  don't post selfies, don't flaunt your looks if you don't want people to LOOK AT YOU AND THINK THINGS.

Sorry friends, this one struck a nerve. Our comments can be snarky, and possibly a little mean at times, but I don't think anything on here has ever constituted as bullying. That's a pretty broad brush to paint over our forum. 

• Love 16

I could understand if this was a show about a group of girls trying to make through med school and we were all commenting on who is the prettiest, who looks thick etc., but it's not. It's a show about girls trying to get a job based on their looks and dancing, so yes, we are going to state our opinions about each,

• Love 7
(edited)

Here’s something snarky, if Brodie didn’t have 2 million followers, no way Kelsey would be with him.  With all the good looking guys in Dallas she wouldn’t have looked twice at that dork. 

Edited by Aggielife
  • Love 16

The old saying goes, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

1 hour ago, Aggielife said:

Here’s something snarky, if Brodie didn’t have 2 million followers, no way Kelsey would be with him.  With all the good looking guys in Dallas she wouldn’t have looked twice at that dork. 

THIS! 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It could also include contacting them through email and IM among other things.  It could include calling people VERY rude names, trying to get them to leave school and/or work, trying to get them to commit suicide or get committed for mental health reasons, etc.

What does this have to do with posting on a message board? I think my point was basically that they don’t have to read here. Posting on a message board isn’t cyber bullying. 

No disrespect intended.... just clarifying! ?

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Cyber bullies? Really Kelsey? Most people love you on here. 

And since when are opinions considered bullying? 

I believe that Kelsey had a point.  She was directing her comment to someone who was the target of a harsh comment. As I read on, all I see are harsh comments towards her.  Can we find out who made show group???   When is the team finally announced???

• Love 18
(edited)

In a way, I don't get all the girls crying "Foul!" or "No fair!" or "That hurt my feelings!", especially about comments made on this board (and not on a personal social media page).  Frankly, this is a show documenting the process of how girls are picked apart and torn down every day.  It's also one where they become better people and, for some, better dancers in the process.  The ones who seem to do the best are the ones who have been dancing in multiple styles for years and have been doing competitions for almost as long.  There are also some who come from dance teams where the selection process is almost as hard and the pressure is almost as tough.  These are the girls who have the thick skin, are able to take critique (or constructive criticism) and apply it.  The girls who AREN'T going to make it are the ones who go in with decent technique and skills but either don't know or can't handle the critique because they've never had to face it before.  They've never gone to competitions where judges, other dancers and parents shred them. 

I get that the girls who don't make it are emotionally bruised, but take what you've learned and get better.  Think (and ask others who were there) about where you went wrong and strive to improve it.  Take as many dance classes in various styles as you can afford.  Work with people to improve fitness, technique, flexibility, etc.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, hypeman said:
  • Marshall is fabulously extra, and I'm here for all of it. I wish Kellie would get out his way.
  • Real talk. Some of the stuff on here is mean-spirited.
  • I agree with Kelsey. Those on the show should avoid this board, because none of the comments on here will help them improve in any way.

I totally agree with all of this. I don’t think the majority of us are bullies, but I definitely agree with your bullet points! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, hypeman said:
  • Marshall is fabulously extra, and I'm here for all of it. I wish Kellie would get out his way.
  • I agree with Kelsey. Those on the show should avoid this board, because none of the comments on here will help them improve in any way.

I both agree and disagree with you on that third point to a degree.  The girls who get cut (either those who didn't make Training Camp or those who get cut from Training Camp) shouldn't be reading here at ALL for a period of several weeks after their cut.  It wouldn't be productive because they're not at a point where they can hear ANY criticism or critique with any equanimity and be able to use it.  On the other hand, girls in Training Camp (and on the squad) could learn a few things about how people perceive them, what things people they know might not tell them, and a few other things that might be useful.  It would also get them used to taking critiques (harsh, maybe harsher than Kitty but just as blunt), thinking about them and either dismissing those critiques as useless blithering or things that are actually useful. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

I think it's hilarious that in response to Kelsey's comment everyone here immediately started talking crap about her. Way to prove her point. Having an opinion is one thing, but there are definitely people here that take it too far. And if you immediately jumped on the defensive because of a simple instagram comment, maybe you should do some self-reflection and figure out why that is.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

This!

2 hours ago, WickedMom said:

I believe that Kelsey had a point.  She was directing her comment to someone who was the target of a harsh comment. As I read on, all I see are harsh comments towards her.  Can we find out who made show group???   When is the team finally announced???

And this:)

• Love 15
5 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

I think it's hilarious that in response to Kelsey's comment everyone here immediately started talking crap about her. Way to prove her point.

It's really not proving her point, though.  I have yet to see anything said about her (or anyone else) that would even remotely be considered "cyberbullying".  Harsh?  Yes, but bullying is a huge stretch.  If all she wants is to hear about how wonderful & perfect she is, maybe she should make her SM private, but nope, she wants to be "famous" LOL.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

I think it's hilarious that in response to Kelsey's comment everyone here immediately started talking crap about her. Way to prove her point. Having an opinion is one thing, but there are definitely people here that take it too far. And if you immediately jumped on the defensive because of a simple instagram comment, maybe you should do some self-reflection and figure out why that is.

Saying mean things on a message board (and some things said here are very mean, I agree) when no one even know if Kelsey lurks here does not equal cyber bullying. It is a message board, not a fan board where we can only say nice things. If people go on Kelsey’s page or the DCC (whoever her new employee is) page and start making disgusting comments, that is cyber bullying, and I’m 100% against that (also possible to control some of that with your settings).

Cyber bullying is actually a big deal. I would say anyone who thinks is that this board is that should get some perspective. Are ppl who say, “damn, that episode of Grey’s Anatomy or Scandal was a hot mess!” cyber bullying Shonda Rhimes? I mean, really? Go talk to some journalists who cover politics, and look at the comments at their tweets, and ask them about the emails and death threats they receive online. Calling someone a mediocre dancer or bad looking (on a forum about a show that’s about dancing and looks) kinda doesn’t hold up.

I wouldn’t recommend that any of the team or contestants should read here though. I don’t think anything good comes of it. If anything, by making it clear that so many of them lurk here, they have given the board some faux illusion of power that it shouldn’t have.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

KEEP UP THE EXTRA, MARSHALL. It's not a bad thing. Loving the kilt and Braveheart dreads BTW. 

What's a "real job?" She's earning money. She just gets to do what she loves, and if that's traveling and getting paid to be on social media, then good for her.

9 hours ago, WickedMom said:

Same. Yeah, not EVERYONE on here says harsh things, but there are certainly a few that instead of providing an opinion are just rude.

7 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

EXACTLY!! I was just thinking "jeez..y'all 'showed her'" *eye roll*

• Love 9
10 hours ago, WickedMom said:

This exactly. Just because she made one comment about cyber bullying, which to her is any disrespectful comment especially those regarding her looks and trying to guess if she's had plastic surgery or not. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Aggielife said:

Wait, is her Brodie the same one that was on MTV The Hills? 

6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Nope, that's Brody Jenner. This is Brodie Smith, he's not even that famous. Not that many people know who he is, and Kelsey doesn't seem like the type of girl who just dates someone because they're famous.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

No. That’s Brody Jenner. Speaking of Laguna Beach and The Hills, those message boards on TWOP used to be hella snarky. Luckily, I don’t remember the constant whining that ppl weren’t only saying nice things about Kristen, Lauren, Spencer, and Heidi.

• Love 2

Cyber bullying maybe not.  However there have been extremely rude and way too snarky comments though.  Kelsey's advice is right on target.  Although at times there has been a great showing of support for a loved TCC often the comments are not going to benefit the TCC/DCC and coming on here to read those comments are not going to help them.  Many comments are not constructive criticism (which is not the point of this forum I realize) and it's very easy to say things harsher than usual when you're anonymous.

So I too would like to go back to who's on show group?  Is Kashara still at point?  Who's the next cut?  Who had the best makeover etc.  I saw on the "gram that Dayton is in England.  Good for her.  

• Love 9

"Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior." From, https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/what-is-it/index.html

Technically, Kelsey is correct.

• Love 11

Y'all relax lol Kelsey shared an opinion on the board just like we share our opinions.

What I am trying to figure out, is who made show group and who else isn't gettin them boots! 

• Love 11

I think Brodie and Kelsey seem perfectly suited. Both very attractive people with a giant side of goober and doofiness, which I find mostly charming.  I felt the same way about Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris when they were together. 

I’m in awe of how many people have been able to turn their social media prescence into income - maybe we can thank the Kardashians for this? Either way, I don’t blame her for not enjoying some of the comments here or elsewhere. There are parts of my job that I hate too.

• Love 6

I wish I could earn income via social media... alas, I’m not that interesting. I still love Kelsey! 

There just isn't much going on! Kelli is on vacay, Shelly is on vacay, the vets are on vacay... I think it’s definitely rookie week!

• Love 5

I don’t see anything wrong with Kelsey’s comment. Sure, everyone was loving her since the season she made the team but I’m sure she was getting torn up the year she was “the 50-yard line girl.” I also think her reference to cyber bullying was tongue-in-cheek. If she were seriously accusing this board of cyber bullying, I doubt she would have used the crying laughing emoji. I can 100% understand telling someone on the show not to read these boards. Omg we go into so much depth beyond what is commented on in the show, I’m sure they would be hurt to read so many of our comments. And I am not saying we can’t comment on a show, I just think it would be wise not to browse internet comments about yourself! Plenty of other people on tv have said the same thing.

• Love 4

Gonna speculate that Show Group is at least the eight vets from last year plus the two new GLs.  That makes ten. Since the best dancers are on the outside of the big triangle, maybe Lexie.  Probably not Christina or Savannah because of dance ability.  Thoughts on other vets?  No clue about rookies.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Gonna speculate that Show Group is at least the eight vets from last year plus the two new GLs.  That makes ten. Since the best dancers are on the outside of the big triangle, maybe Lexie.  Probably not Christina or Savannah because of dance ability.  Thoughts on other vets?  No clue about rookies.

Amber is a great dancer so I would bet on her.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Who are the returning Show Group members from last year? Lacey, Kashara, Gina, Lauren, Madeline, Heather, Kelli, Tasha? Otherwise, think Amy, Khalyn, Rachel, Tess, and Lexie have a good shot from the returning vets. 

• Love 2