Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/25/2018 at 1:01 AM, Anon17 said:

Isn't this brennan right in the middle? 

This was on Laurens Instagram. 

Screenshot_20180624-215955.jpg

Dang, Dayton is pretty.  She really stands out to me.

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Well, Kelli, I think that the answer to that question is both.  The uniform is beautiful and iconic and the woman chosen to wear it will find herself on the world’s biggest stage with millions of eyes on her. She will look put on that uniform and look at herself in the mirror and it will hit her that she is one of very few who have had the honor of wearing it.  She will realize that she has a responsibility to the organization, the fans and her cheerleader sisters to show that uniform to its best advantage at all times.  By being fit, well groomed, professional and a good role model.  You put together the most recognizable uniform in the world and an exemplary woman showing it off to its best advantage and the sky is the limit.

(I spit that out in about a minute and a half but I think something along those lines would be a good, neutral answer :)  )

Great answer! I’d add... “and when I take the personal responsibility to make sure that I’m walking the walk, I will honor the uniform as much as it honors me.”

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Off topic, but on the Sirius XM show "Off the Rails" with Dylan Dreyer, Sheinelle Jones and Al Roker - Al was saying that a Payday candy bar has about the same nutritional value of a protein bar.  Well gee, I know what I'm going to eat:)

My fav candy bar on an airplane...really clears the ears with all of the chewing! There is a low carb version too. (Atkins bar).

On 7/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, bigskygirl said:

Alyssa was cut for having a bad interview and weight gain. I think Kelli said her weight was going up and down eight pounds during her rookie year. It look like she had a decent solo routine and did well on the field. I remember one of the judges saying she was the one of the most beautiful girls on the squad, and another judge said Funny how someone like Allyssa is cut at finals, but they kept someone like Tasha with her weight gain and bad interview. To be honest about it, I think Allyssa is much more attractive and a better overall DCC than Tasha is.

My only thing with her was her interview after being cut. She said, “I think I just got overlooked.”  Like they forgot to evaluate her? Another entitled attitude in my opinion... no self recognition of not being able to name a cowboys’ WR in her interview. As a vet, as a rookie... unacceptable. I think that moment might have given a little insight to her attitude in the locker room

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

My only thing with her was her interview after being cut. She said, “I think I just got overlooked.”  Like they forgot to evaluate her? Another entitled attitude in my opinion... no self recognition of not being able to name a cowboys’ WR in her interview. As a vet, as a rookie... unacceptable. I think that moment might have given a little insight to her attitude in the locker room

She is not the first vet to make a mistake like that during her interview. I do not remember her saying she was overlooked. She was probably in shock she was cut. I remember Tasha saying she did not look like she gained weight during finals last year when it was obvious to the viewers and the judges she put on weight. I think her looks save her from being cut because the majority of the judges (not Judy, Kelli and Charlotte) seem to think she should have been cut. Once again, Kelli and Charlotte got their own way.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She is not the first vet to make a mistake like that during her interview. I do not remember her saying she was overlooked. She was probably in shock she was cut. I remember Tasha saying she did not look like she gained weight during finals last year when it was obvious to the viewers and the judges she put on weight. I think her looks save her from being cut because the majority of the judges (not Judy, Kelli and Charlotte) seem to think she should have been cut. Once again, Kelli and Charlotte got their own way.

I don’t know why I’m not as mad about Tasha’s weight, her inability to name a cabinet member, or her lack of answer to “do you know who Sean Spicer is,” but for some crazy reason, I have a problem with Alyssa, but didn’t care one way or the other about Tasha. Don’t love her; don’t dislike her... she’s just there. Lol. I’m the reason that TV edits work, I guess. But, yes, Alyssa said, “I don’t think I’ll come back. There’s more than DCC (my paraphrase on last sentence). I really don’t know why they cut me, I think I just got overlooked.” 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Great answer! I’d add... “and when I take the personal responsibility to make sure that I’m walking the walk, I will honor the uniform as much as it honors me.”

Oooh!  I like that!

• Love 1
(edited)

DCC TCC.jpg

Hannah, Alanna, Kristin, Lily, Cianna (in front of) Taylor J, Jalyn, Bridget, Daphne, Amber, Erin, Madeline, Malena & Tasha.

Maddie, Taylor T, Victoria, Ashlee, Rachel, Caroline, Gabby, Brennan & Briana.

Edited by Tootie
ETA names
  • Love 1

This is off topic, but I just thought to share after seeing this post on Instagram.

This young lady's name is Sunjai Williams, and she's a 21 yr old from Jackson, Mississippi. She's an alumni of a majorette dance team, called the Dancing Dolls, and currently attends DeSales University with a full ride scholarship in dance. Her dad is a Cowboys fan and she is a fan of the DCC. The coach of the Dancing Dolls even left a comment to Sunjai's post, encouraging her to audition one day. My question for all of you is... Do you think Sunjai has what it takes to be a DCC?

Oh yeah.... The Dancing Dolls are featured on the Lifetime show, called "Bring It."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Do you think Sunjai has what it takes to be a DCC?

She better not let Kelli catch her calling them the Dallas Cowgirls :)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

That girl on the end behind Maddie must be a hella good dancer because she’s lacking in the looks department.  

I think that's Hannah and then Alanna next to her ( I think?).  Both are beautiful - prob just the end of a rough practice. 

But yes, she is a 'hella good dancer' - they all are this summer. 

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Where's Cianna?  Did she straighten her hair & I don't recognize her?

I think she is the 5th girl from Tasha in the back row.  The blonde in between brunettes Amber and Bridget (I think that is the names of those two??). 

Edited by Kees080
provide more description.
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kees080 said:

I think she is the 5th girl from Tasha.  The blonde in between brunettes Amber and Bridget (I think that is the names of those two??). 

Oh, good, I'm rooting for her!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

I think she is the 5th girl from Tasha in the back row.  The blonde in between brunettes Amber and Bridget (I think that is the names of those two??). 

That's Daphne.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Where's Cianna?  Did she straighten her hair & I don't recognize her?

Yes, Cianna's hair is straight in this picture. She is fifth from the left, kneeling in front of Taylor J.

(edited)
7 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

This is off topic, but I just thought to share after seeing this post on Instagram.

This young lady's name is Sunjai Williams, and she's a 21 yr old from Jackson, Mississippi. She's an alumni of a majorette dance team, called the Dancing Dolls, and currently attends DeSales University with a full ride scholarship in dance. Her dad is a Cowboys fan and she is a fan of the DCC. The coach of the Dancing Dolls even left a comment to Sunjai's post, encouraging her to audition one day. My question for all of you is... Do you think Sunjai has what it takes to be a DCC?

Oh yeah.... The Dancing Dolls are featured on the Lifetime show, called "Bring It."

OMG I used to binge that show when I was on ‘night shift’ watching my father in law at the hospital. I think Sunjai has the looks, but those girls had zero technique. Less than zero. Extremely entertaining, powerful, and they all seemed like nice kids with mom’s acting it up for the camera. 

However, even with J-settle style factored in, when they tried to do anything remotely ballet, traditional jazz, gymnastics, etc. they were horrible. Full of show stopper tricks, but horrible technique. Awful alignment, no control, but they are entertaining! Most, I hate to say, were horribly out of shape and overweight, too. Unless Sunjai has majorly improved with technique, she has zero chance of being a DCC. 

If I recall, Sunjai was also very intelligent and had excellent grades, so I’m glad she’s getting a college education instead of being a part time dance instructor chasing the pro dance team dream *cough cough sooo many DCC cough cough* Get your education, take those scholarships, then worry about pro cheer.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Tootie said:

DCC TCC.jpg

Hannah, Alanna, Kristin, Lily, Cianna (in front of) Taylor J, Jalyn, Bridget, Daphne, Amber, Erin, Madeline, Malena & Tasha.

Maddie, Taylor T, Victoria, Ashlee, Rachel, Caroline, Gabby, Brennan & Briana.

Victoria in the front row and of course she is the only one that got to hold the box.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is there a TCC named Cricket?

I don’t know of anyone named Cricket. It was a site that someone else found. 

Edited by Taralightner
Removed content not DCC related. My apologies
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

OMG I used to binge that show when I was on ‘night shift’ watching my father in law at the hospital. I think Sunjai has the looks, but those girls had zero technique. Less than zero. Extremely entertaining, powerful, and they all seemed like nice kids with mom’s acting it up for the camera. 

Don't forget the wild costumes they wore!

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t know of anyone named Cricket. The post is a happy 4th of July message to everyone here. I will copy and paste below 

Because I’ve caused confusion... here is the post. Sorry, off topic. 

Happy 4th of July to all of you! I’m so grateful to be an American (no matter how much craziness is going on now)! 

As Americans, we are resilient; we are a wonderful mix of cultures, shared core values, a celebration of individuals that know how to come together when it gets serious. 

I will never forget 9/12/11- everyone looked each other in the eye again; strangers gave each other empathetic, warm “we’ll get through this” smiles, and we celebrated our core. My wish for you all is a continued reclaiming of our core and a to enjoy a celebration of who we can be today. 

For our international friends today... please know that the heart of our young country is still here and I personally, would love to invite you to join a hot dog and fireworks whenever you are in my town. 

Can we keep this section for just discussing DCC?

Edited by TinyHands
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Can we keep this section for just discussing DCC?

1.  Do we know who is on show group yet?  I realize they may be waiting for the holiday week to be over.

2. Any word on if they've had alumni come in and watch like they did last year?  

3. Is Brooke available to come in and give feedback?  Choreograph a routine?  I realize she lives further away than most of the alumni, but I just binge watched season 1-2.

4. 3 cuts so far, right?

5. Any insider info on how the vets are doing?  Are they bringing their "A" game?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

1.  Do we know who is on show group yet?  I realize they may be waiting for the holiday week to be over.

2. Any word on if they've had alumni come in and watch like they did last year?  

3. Is Brooke available to come in and give feedback?  Choreograph a routine?  I realize she lives further away than most of the alumni, but I just binge watched season 1-2.

4. 3 cuts so far, right?

5. Any insider info on how the vets are doing?  Are they bringing their "A" game?

1 - nope, no word yet

2- haven't seen anything on social media yet, but that doesn't mean they haven't been there. They did come in the first meeting and talked to the girls. 

3- no clue, but I believe she is no longer with MDC as she was taken off the website. 

4 - correct

5 - nothing I've seen has been mentioned here 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Honest and brutal opinion.  The girl's got too much bootie and I absolutely despise dreadlocks, especially when they are extensions.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 6
On 7/3/2018 at 7:24 PM, ByTor said:

Well, there go my hopes of being a DCC, I'm deathly allergic to both!

Yeah, it doesn't exactly take a master's degree to know that fruits/veggies/lean protein/water are good, junk food/alcohol is bad.  Just a matter of common sense.

It really DOES take a master's degree to be a registered dietician. ANYONE can call themselves a "nutritionist" but registered dieticians study very heavily in science, chemistry, how the body processes what kinds of foods, what exactly is necessary for optimal intake based on a person's health, medical history, activities, caloric needs, etc. They take biology, biochemisty, pathophysiology, they do internships and sit for a licensure exam. There is WAY more to it than just knowing that fruits and lean proteins are good. As hospital staff, they have these scientific calculators to determine protein needed for each individual person's weight, injury, and healing needs. (the same for athletes, they calculate protein based on muscle injuries/soreness). One would HOPE that the DCC have these on consult. I would hate to think that young women athletes are just being told "lean proteins and veggies are what's needed". 

• Love 5

I’m new here so trying to follow this disjointed content! 

Can someone tell me if VK made it? I am glad I’m not the only one who thinks her dancing is... less than par. I will be shocked if she makes it.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GiMoney said:

I’m new here so trying to follow this disjointed content! 

Can someone tell me if VK made it? I am glad I’m not the only one who thinks her dancing is... less than par. I will be shocked if she makes it.

VK made training camp. They are still in training camp so the team has not been finalized 

19 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Can someone refresh my memory...did Taryn try out again?  Was watching her cut from last season and Kelli had said how close she was to making the team.

I don't think she auditioned this year.

5 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Honest and brutal opinion.  The girl's got too much bootie and I absolutely despise dreadlocks, especially when they are extensions.

K wud call it a ‘thut’

2 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

It really DOES take a master's degree to be a registered dietician. ANYONE can call themselves a "nutritionist" but registered dieticians study very heavily in science, chemistry, how the body processes what kinds of foods, what exactly is necessary for optimal intake based on a person's health, medical history, activities, caloric needs, etc. They take biology, biochemisty, pathophysiology, they do internships and sit for a licensure exam. There is WAY more to it than just knowing that fruits and lean proteins are good. As hospital staff, they have these scientific calculators to determine protein needed for each individual person's weight, injury, and healing needs. (the same for athletes, they calculate protein based on muscle injuries/soreness). One would HOPE that the DCC have these on consult. I would hate to think that young women athletes are just being told "lean proteins and veggies are what's needed". 

Yeah but do these girls really need a registered dietitian? No. They’re in their early 20s and already thin. Any weight issues that most of them have come from bad choices... candy, sugar, alcohol. My husband lost 40 pounds by eating lean protein, healthy fats, veggies, complex carbs, and staying away from saturated fat, alcohol, sugar etc He never saw a registered dietitian. 

Registered dietitians are extremely helpful for people who are diabetic, heart patients, people recovering from eating disorders, obesity patients, Olympic athletes. 

I stand by my statement that following a healthy diet just isn’t that technically complicated. Although I will say that if the DCC do call in any people in an official capacity regarding nutrition, it should be a registered dietitian. 

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah but do these girls really need a registered dietitian? No. They’re in their early 20s and already thin. Any weight issues that most of them have come from bad choices... candy, sugar, alcohol.

Although I will say that if the DCC do call in any people in an official capacity regarding nutrition, it should be a registered dietitian. 

I agree with you, but Kelli and Judy don't seem to care about HOW the girls lose weight or WHAT a healthy weight is for each of these girls as individuals.  While Kelli gives lip service to "losing weight in a healthy way", she has said time and again that girls of a certain height MUST weigh a certain amount (within a small range), but it might not necessarily be right for that particular girl.  They mention cardio occasionally as a way to slim down, but that doesn't cover toning or anything else.  Besides, without the proper diet, extra cardio might not do a dang thing for a person. 

I've rarely seen diet addressed in an appropriate way on the show and Kelli certainly doesn't seem to care about girls being healthy, eating healthy or anything else.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Kaitlyn LeGrand got herself hooked on the wrong kind of drugs searching for something that would help her get, or keep, the weight off.  That is pure speculation, but it could be an explanation.

In other words, a registered dietitian might actually be HELPFUL for these girls in terms of helping them transition from parents choosing the food and cooking for them to living on their own (or with a roommate) and making healthy food choices for themselves.  In addition, talking with a registered dietitian would hopefully open Kelli's and Judy's eyes to what these girls are going through, what kind of pressure Kelli and Judy are putting on them to look a certain way and how to help them BE healthy both physically and mentally.

Sorry for the ramble.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

It really DOES take a master's degree to be a registered dietician.

No, it doesn't.  At least in my state you only need a bachelor's.  And I didn't say you don't need a degree to be a dietician, I said you don't need a degree to know what food is healthy and what food is not. 

There is WAY more to it than just knowing that fruits and lean proteins are good.

Again, I didn't say this is what RD's "know".  

I would hate to think that young women athletes are just being told "lean proteins and veggies are what's needed". 

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what they are being told, being that this is what they say they eat, and this is exactly what they need nutritionally.  

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I stand by my statement that following a healthy diet just isn’t that technically complicated.

This.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

Dietitians, or nutritionists, are health care professionals who develop and supervise diet programs that improve public health. Dietitians generally need a bachelor's degree in dietetics or a related field. Most states require dietitians to be licensed. Master's degrees are recommended for advancement. Some states don't require licensure at all... 

ps - I confess this was a Google Search. LOL....but seriously, these girls deserve a qualified nutritionist who will work with them on an individual basis.  xoxo

Edited by WickedMom
  • Love 2
On 7/4/2018 at 4:20 AM, CowboysFanatic said:

I used to be obsessed with this show the first few seasons. Unfortunately, most of the girls had no formal training in more traditional styles of dance and therefore had very little technique. Sunjai was featured initially as someone who didn’t have the dance skills for the majorette style but grew into it. That being said, she did get a dance scholarship to her university through the show and does have grace.

I’m not sure how much she is dancing now or if she continued to study dance in college, but I don’t think she’d cut it for DCC. Ever. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Those are twists, not dreadlocks.  But yeah, extensions.  

• Love 4