Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Just now, EricaShadows said:

Oh MY!  Now I REALLY wish I could have been there!  That would be SO much fun to both see and listen to them.  I'm not only envious of the girls, but I'm envious of you that you got to see them.  

I saw it on the dcc instagram story 

1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Oh MY!  Now I REALLY wish I could have been there!  That would be SO much fun to both see and listen to them.  I'm not only envious of the girls, but I'm envious of you that you got to see them.  

You can see it on the "dccheerleaders" Insta-Story.  

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Ooops!  I don't Instagram-stalk very much.  If I go on there once or twice a week, I'm lucky.

You might want to check it out tonight; I expect they'll post a good bit!

These are from DCC's Twitter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Taylor T, Caroline, Gabby, Daphne

3.jpg

Malena, Lindsay, Amber, Jalyn

4.jpg

Edited by Tootie
added names
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I just went and watched the Insta-Story.  That look like SO much fun.  I wonder what they were laughing at when Nicole was speaking.  I couldn't quite hear what she was saying.

She was saying how she was a DCC for five years; was a group leader, pro-bowl cheerleader, and traveled internationally but NEVER moved up in the triangle!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Tootie said:

TCC 2018.jpg

Top Row (L to R) - Lily Jay, Gaby Louise, Lindsay Brady, Hannah Anderson (right behind Lindsay), Jalyn, Malena, Alanna, Rachel Wyatt, Taylor Johnson, Erin S., Victoria, Jasmin, Dayton

Bottom Row (L to R) - Cianna, Taylor, Caroline, Daphne, Briana, Bridget, Kristin, Amber, Madeline, Brennan, Ashlee

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I just went and watched the Insta-Story.  That look like SO much fun.  I wonder what they were laughing at when Nicole was speaking.  I couldn't quite hear what she was saying.

She was telling them she never moved up in the pyramid but she was pro bowl and gl she said you can get those things and not be higher on the pyramid 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2018 at 11:33 AM, TrashPanda said:

think it comes down to the makeovers. If a supposed “less attractive” girl doesn’t become substantially more attractive following Kelli’s magic; I find they do have to work harder so that their good dance balances out the bad makeover. 

Lets be real though, has any girl who has had a bad makeover, ever ended up making the team? I honestly don’t know so guidance would be helpful. 

Please. What makeovers? In the past few years, no one has come out the salon looking better than when they walked in. It seems those days are over. The only recent good makeover I can think of was the girl who went from bright blonde to brunette (she was in hair shock). That was a good makeover. Otherwise, not so much.

• Love 14
(edited)

Barbies!  (a little blurry because it was a screen-grab.)

Maddie, Kelli, Amber, Amy, Rachel W, Caroline, Victoria

Briana, Gina, Kristin, Dayton, Lacey, Christina, Tess...

Also, it looks like the rookie candidate's lockers are mixed in with the vets this year.

2018-06-04 (7).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Barbies!  (Kinda blurry because it was a screen-grab.)

Also, it look like the rookie candidate's lockers are mixed in with the vets this year.

2018-06-04 (7).png

I find it interesting that Dayton, Christina, and Victoria got Barbies given that, for all three girls, several of the judges voiced concerns about dance quality.  For Dayton and Victoria, those judges were basically told that they weren't up for discussion.  SMH.  This whole enterprise has jumped the shark.

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I find it interesting that Dayton, Christina, and Victoria got Barbies given that, for all three girls, several of the judges voiced concerns about dance quality.  For Dayton and Victoria, those judges were basically told that they weren't up for discussion.  SMH.  This whole enterprise has jumped the shark.

Of course they gave Dayton and Victoria Barbies.  J&K had to act like they were deserving of a spot in TC.  "See they didn't just make it because mommy was a DCC, they earned Barbies."

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Also, it look like the rookie candidate's lockers are mixed in with the vets this year.

2018-06-04 (7).png

How in the WORLD did Christina get a Barbie?!?!?! Also, how did Heather O. not get one?! I'm baffled!

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, KarenS284 said:

How in the WORLD did Christina get a Barbie?!?!?! Also, how did Heather O. not get one?! I'm baffled!

Kelli's credibility is officially shot.  What a joke.

• Love 8

Yay for Tess. I am happy about this. And happy for Brianna too I am rooting for her!

1 minute ago, mmm said:

Did u guys see Nicole Butcher speech on Insta story ? I felt like K & J asked her to say that !!!

How did she butcher the speech? LOL just kiddin! I know it was a spelling goof!

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

2018-06-04 (7).png

I can understand how Maddie and Kellie Q got a Barbie, but, given what little we've seen of Christina's and Dayton's solo (and Victoria's solo wasn't shown at all that I know of), they were the LAST girls who should have gotten a Barbie.  There was a move Dayton did that reminded me of one Taylor did (she of the stock cars and powerful dancing, but not kicking fame) during time with Kitty where Kitty told her to get her rear in the air, like God reached down, grabbed her rear by the crack and yanked it into the air or something to that effect.  Taylor got it up there, Dayton did not.  Christina's solo, what I saw, was just plain BAD.  It was like she either forgot her entire solo, someone dared her to do the worst solo she could think of or she threw it together last second without a thought as to what it looked like.  Her leaps were low and weren't parallel to the ground among other things.  I can't say how Victoria's solo wen't as we didn't see any of it.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Not a fan of the pants for these events.

Brennan’s didn’t bother me.  But what the heck is up with Christina’s pants?  Did she not have time to get them hemmed properly?!

• Love 11

Keeping my fingers crossed that Brennan makes it through this year. I think she will be a great teammate . I’m excited for Christina too! I did not see her solo but obviously more than one liked it enough for her to get a Barbie. I don’t get the hate for her ?‍♀️

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Tootie said:

Jalyn Stough pp1.jpg

I realize the makeovers have been lacking in the past few years...but they gotta fix this girl!!!  She is pretty.  That "color not found in nature look" is as bad as Mormon Maddie's original black hair.

4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Brennan’s didn’t bother me.  But what the heck is up with Christina’s pants?  Did she not have time to get them hemmed properly?!

The hem and the crotch are too long.  I am very surprised.  I thought she actually had a lot of taste with clothes.  I don't think Gina's long red tube dress is great either.  Gorgeous body - just the dress is too long.  

• Love 2

Thoughts on barbies:

Maddie - Duh. Her solo was by far my favorite and something I can easily watch over and over 

Kelli - so happy for her! She has really grown through her two years so far

Amber - I’m happy with this! She’s a former Rangerette and I enjoy following them. I haven’t seen many videos so I’m anxious to see how she does

Amy - Not a fan of tap or her costume but I know tap is her fav and what she does best. I respect her for going outside the norm

Rachel - ugh yes!! As I’ve mentioned, I’ve followed her since Miss. SC and I just love her! Her talent on Miss America was just amazing 

Caroline - I’m intrigued with this! I haven’t seen much from her or any dancing videos so if she got a Barbie, she must be one to watch!

Victoria - No solo was posted and I honestly didn’t expect her to get one after not saying anything about her dance 

Brianna - After not making it last year, this is such a great step! I still don’t know how I feel about her though

Gina - definitely expected! She got one last year. I expect her solo was great

Kristin - so unexpected, but in a good way! I know she was the only AAIA to make it through and I see her as such the underdog! I need to go see if I can find any dancing videos because I haven’t looked. I think she is such a cute little thing! 

Dayton - interesting...again. I am more Team Dayton than Team Victoria but again, nothing was posted from her solo or hardly any dancing videos from this year so it’s really hard to to make any judgement

Lacey - Duhhhhhhhhhh

Christina - Eh. I didn’t like her solo. This is unexpected for me

Tess - this makes me want to see her solo! She was so in the shadows last year, I hope they feature her more this year 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

vets.jpg

My girl crush is currently on Molly.  She looks amazing in that dress, those legs are to DIE for, but mostly she just looks like a fun person as opposed to some of the over posed ladies.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Tootie said:

Also, it looks like the rookie candidate's lockers are mixed in with the vets this year.

2018-06-04 (7).png

Dayton and Victoria receiving Barbies = Bullshit.   It’s like when Cassie got GL and Judy saying see, she proved herself. Um, don’t Kelli and co vote who gets Barbies and GL? This sucks. 

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Dayton and Victoria receiving Barbies = Bullshit.   It’s like when Cassie got GL and Judy saying see, she proved herself. Um, don’t Kelli and co vote who gets Barbies and GL? This sucks. 

Hahahah this is gonna be the year to end all

years !  Ready for some laughs !

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Just goes to show how much we actually know based on what was shown

6 hours ago, Tootie said:

I think she's very pretty!

Jalyn Stough pp1.jpg

She's cute..but she really needs to do something about that hair.

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Agreed. Other than Maddie (who posted her full solo), we only saw snippets of them. Therefore, I can’t say who was or wasn’t deserving.  I don’t think we even saw a snippet of Victoria’s (same with some of the rookies), so i don’t get the near certainty from some ppl that the barbie is undeserved. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

If I have to listen to one more season of Brennan whining "I'm working SO hard"....ugh. Vomit bag please. I mentally inserted Kitty every time saying "yeah, and you think the others aren't? What makes you so special?" Definitely will be fast forwarding through that Brennan nonsense. At least (hopefully) this year, we won't have to listen to Christina whine also. I sure hope they don't just focus on one woman all through TC and we get to know all the rookies (and see more of the vets too). The years they focused on Morgan, Breelan, Kat...yuck. 

And good Lord Christina! Find a seamstress before you show up in pants way too long! As I am on Team SuperShort Girl, I am very familiar with that need lol. 

I'm actually very interested to see Victoria and Dayton. I don't understand the vitriol directed to Victoria from many on here. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

She's cute..but she really needs to do something about that hair.

I love Jalyn, one of my top picks this year going into camp.  I like that darker hair makes her eyes pop but I def think she's a make over candidate and they will try to make her a little less harsh.  She's a really good dancer. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Tootie said:

You might want to check it out tonight; I expect they'll post a good bit!

These are from DCC's Twitter.

4.jpg

Ok...I do NOT like that pantsuit Christina is wearing.  It's way too long.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, kinda scratching my head that we are ready to 100% judge barbies based off tiny snippets or pics on PDC. Also, let's not forget that Erin got a barbie last year and was first person cut for not getting the style.  Getting a barbie says 'you really entertained us!' not 'you are the world's best dancer, welcome to the squad!'  Regarding Victoria anyway, I actually expected her to get one.  She did one of her numbers that she won awards for, in a style at which she excels.  Until we have someone here who confirms their identity and that they were legit sitting and watching Victoria's entire solo, in person, i'm not on board that it was terrible or embarrassing.  (mods, please note that is not me demanding receipts!   just stating my own opinion and why!)  

And IF Victoria or Dayton aren't great in camp, have memory mistakes or aren't wonderful at the style and still make the squad...well, we've seen that before with girls who aren't even related to anyone or BFF with Kelli's daughter.  

I think there is a lot of potential for a great squad this year, actually! 

Agree! I think Christina has come a long way from her first time in TC in Season 9. We are not there at practices, performances, auditions, etc. etc. to see how good or how bad the vets and TC Candidates are. I do agree some girls make the team or go to TC because Kelli and Charlotte like them aka Courtney Cook or Paula T. from Season 5, their looks. or because they have male appeal. I admit I do scratch my head at times and think what are Kelli and Charlotte and/or the judges thinking when certain girls make the squad or TC.

3 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Hahahah this is gonna be the year to end all

years !  Ready for some laughs !

I wish Kelli's daughter Samantha would have tried out so the three of them could all make the team together.  CMT would have been in heaven.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, KarenS284 said:

How did Cristina get a Barbie is a good question.  Some of the DCC"s even said how BAD her solo was so I am really surprised.

• Love 3