Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Chapter Thirty-Four: Judgment Night

• Start Topic

An incident at the sheriff's station triggers an all-out war between the North and the Southside; Veronica makes a devastating discovery about Hiram; someone from Hiram's past arrives looking for revenge; Betty comes face to face with the Black Hood.

Okay, so everything I’ve read said this episode is a big one. I reserve my judgement on that. Just because with this show I always find myself disappointed with what they think is a great big thing. But we will see.

Also yeah.. I type my reactions as I watch the episode so I’m just going to say I’ll be really annoyed if Hal is the Black Hood. One it doesn’t make sense. Two BH wanted to purge all the sinners, he’s a sinner too? And three last week they were going above and beyond to insinuate it’s Hal but in a really bad way, like writing the clues so heavily that if it turns out that is really Hal its either the writers don’t think we understand clues or they really are lazy and just wanted to end this thing and while as a viewer I get the former, they really took a wrong turn with this plot, it makes me sad.

Damn.. the previouslys went back. But also damn the previouslys went back and reminded me of people I don’t care anything about: Penny, the goulies.. 

Cheryl going all Katniss Everdeen on the Black Hood is great. Also the Black Hood is really bad at killing people.. yes he killed three but he’s more hits than misses isn’t he?

Aw, poor Fangs.

Cheryl is way too calm about almost being killed but amazing as well.  Ps I loved her coat in that scene when she was calling Betty.

Kind of love how Alice’s priorities on the riots are like “Betty as long as you’re fine that’s great but I’m going to stay and cover them for the newspaper”

Seriously I feel like Hiram is hardly ever telling Hermione full stories on things, I legit laughed when she asked if he was keeping things from her. Uh, yes. He totally is. 

Reggie calling Hiram for help  and Hiram being all “new phone, who’s this?” Amazing. 

Mts. Klump was the shooter? Aw. That’s sad actually.

Hermione and Hiram offering a bounty to capture the Black Hood? Uh.. huh.  I mean I guess that sort of might give her an in as mayor, but honestly it doesn’t solve these riots? Not really anyway. The Southsiders and the Northsidera hate each other- I suppose Hiram and Hermione don’t care about the Southside vote but whatever. It’s just.. I don’t think that’s really going to solve anything. I’ve never believed the Bh was a Southside person  only because the Bh wrote to Betty that they heard her speech and I doubt anyone from the south side went to that event. (Except for Jughead but that is because of Betty).

Also is Alice publishing like a special edition of the newspaper like that night? Because otherwise how will

People hear about this bounty that went down unless she’s sending out a special edition.

Poor Veronica, realizing her parents are super villains. 

Aw Archie asking if Jughead spoke to Betty. That’s nice. That better not be like the one Bughead moment we get.. someone else who isn’t in the couple mentioning If they’ve spoken. Seriously show.. 

Did Betty finally changed her ringtone for unknown numbers? Also I’m sorry but I hated that scene where FP said bettys Dad is in the hospital.. like seriously if he ends up being the Bh.. such lazy writing Riverdale.

Does principle weatherbee live at Riverdale High? I fully expected him to pull a mean girls “I DO NOT

LEAVE THE SOUTHSIDE FOR THIS!”

I want to feel for Veronica but she was very much aware of where her life has been with her parents. It shouldn’t be shocking to her. 

Okay as much as I didn’t want the gouhlies to return, they are at least more productive and hilarious with

Their rioting than the serpents are. But maybe that’s because the ghoulis seem to have actual adults and the serpents seemed to be.. teenagers? And FP being sometimes. Weren’t there goihlie teenagers? They supposedly jumped Jughead at SS high right? So shouldn’t some of them have been around before now? 

And why are the goulies rioting pops? Just because? 

Also poor Pop, you guys, If next season he doesn’t have some form of PTSD from what this season did to him I don’t know what.

Aw.. love that Fred and Keller saved the day. 

Seriously, the serpent gang needs actual adults in this gang and not teenagers.

Aw Veronica not understanding that Hermione and Hiram don’t care who they hurt to get Mayor. I wish I cared about this story but I don’t.. Also is Hermione that dumb? Sometimes I think she’s in on everything and sometimes not.

I’m so confused. I can’t honestly believe that they really would make Hal the Black hood and make it this lazy. Because sorry lazy writing is lazy. 

So Penny took Toni.. I’m not saying Jughead doesn’t care about her but.. what? That’s.. okay. Penny made such a thing about hurting Betty and then it’s Toni she’s choosing to hurt? Again the writers could have made this a Bughead moment but chose not to? 

I really don’t want to see what this scene of Hal’s home movies which will probably lead us to an explanation on why hes killing people. Is he going to have a twin now too?

Oh. My.god. This was the worst. I cannot believe they actually made Hal the Black hood. I can’t. Seriously this was terrible. I’m really disappointed. I hope I really am not the only person who finds this all to a disappointing ending. Also just in case Hal is not aware, he’s a sinner too. He’s an adulterer, he was having an affair with Penelope a little bit ago but I digress. 

I gasped when the intruder shot Fred and was so happy he was wearing a bullet proof vest. But also that Black hood clearly wasn’t Hal as Hal was talking to Betty about you know and his darkness and his killing ways, it couldn’t have been a serpent because apparently Jughead locked them in the White Wrym, so I’m so lost.

Yeah.. the explanation for Hal didn’t make sense to me. Also I guess he was planning some murder suicide thing with his family, except he’s disregarding his other daughter. 

Also let’s be real.. he wants the purge of all the sinners of Riverdale, was he planning to kill everyone? I mean.. I know psychopaths don’t ha eve like real motives that make sense but still. I’m sorry this whole Black hood thing has been stupid and dumb from the beginning. Actually wait no.. it started out good, then they made it something else and now here we are.

I love that Jughead called Cheryl. But also why didn’t he tell the other serpents what was happening? They might dislike him at the moment  but they like Toni still. I still think that while this show doesn’t have to be all about the ships, why it was Toni who Penny captured and not betty? I feel like it would have more of an impact if It was her. I get she’s stuck in this Bh stupid crap but yeah.

Who is this scary guy coming for the Lodges.. 

I wish I cared about The Lodges and their family drama but god is their story boring. It only got real interesting when Papa Potiines son broke in and even though kind of meh. Hey Hermione killed someone.

Seriously, the serpents are a bad gang because they’re run by teenagers. Also.. aw poor Fangs. That’s sad. 

I love Alice saying Hal can’t even be a serial killer right.. also yes Alice he doesn’t have a plan.. and was going to purge the town and  kill everyone.  Including himself.

I guess I’m glad Betty smashed his head but all the same.. finding he’s the Black Hood makes me not care about anything about it anymore. Other than this is just going to allow the writers to bring out Dark betty even more and probably reinforce the Barchie relationship for next season and imply they’re star crossed lovers because her dad tried to kill his dad.

I liked the scene with FP and Jughead. Also wonder what Jugheads counter offer is.

“There’s another dead body in the study”. Hermione is mad. As she should be. But again.. there were moments in this season where she honestly seemed on her game regarding like the mob and mafia and all that.. but then the writing has her acting like a naive wife, “you aren’t hiding things from me, are you?”, “your father would never put us in danger”. The problem may also be that this is kind of the first time in a long time where she’s had solo scenes with Veronica so we’ve seen her more.

Aw. Hey look Betty and Jughead actually sort of get a scene together. Talking on the phone, but aw, he said I love you. 

Watching Jughead get beaten down was incredibly heartbreaking. 

Again.. I want to clear about The Lodges but I don’t find any of them interesting enough. Hiram’s evil.

Hermione is along for the ride. Veronica is finding it out now. 

That last scene was painful and sad.  And despite the promo, Jughead isn’t dead, they wouldn’t kill off one of the core four.

• Love 4
Just now, SeanC said:

Here, have all the plots!

More coherent than it had any right to be.  Cheryl the Red Hood was the highlight.

I don’t really get the Black hood plot but I haven’t got it a while at this point, so whatever. 

SMALL FRY that mother fucker is a damn jumbo fry. Can't really blame him they are responsible for his father's death.

I love everything about Cheryl. Taking a shot at the BH and hunting him through he forest. She is a beast. Only to team up with Jughead to save Toni. Looks like she is team serpent against the goolies. 

Big shocker Hal is the black hood. Who else would know intimate details about Betty's childhood.

I bet Hiram is behind the attach on Archie and Fred. Thank God for bullet proof vests I don't think I could deal with Fred being shot again. I do think that Archie might have been the target because Hiram no longer had a use for Archie and wants Veronica to move on.

Aw Hiram has no one left. His wife needs finally reached her limit of his bullshit. I need Veronica and Cheryl to emancipation themselves and move in together. 

Oh Jughead for fucking moron. You can't make a deal with the devil and expect them to make good on the deal. But he can't be dead though can he. He better be in a coma or something because I don't think I can handle dead bughead

• Love 8
(edited)

Good Lord, I would be on the first thing out of Riverdale.  This town is NUTS.  Between The Jets and The Sharks, I mean the Serpents and the Ghoulies, Serial Killers, Made Men gunned down by Molls, Cheryl Blossom running around like Season 1 Oliver Queen?!?!?!

That was some scuffle between Archie and the guy who broke into his house.  When Archie flipped him onto the table, I have to admit I gaped

Hiram is DESPICABLE.  A bastard through and through.  I think it's the hotness of Mark Consuelos that allows me to love to hate the character.  I know some people think he's a caricature but I think there are people like that, utterly motivated by greed and prestige.  For Hiram I think it goes beyond that, there is a gleeful malice towards ALL of Riverdale and it's one of the biggest reasons I'd love to see a Riverdale Prequel.  I'm curious about what a young Hiram was like.  As of now, he is a villain to his core.

During the course of the show and all the insanity, I really felt like Veronica was out of her element.  This is a common occurrence for me and I honestly think it's appropriate.  She was raised in Manhattan, while everyone else recognized the crazy and was able to dive in, she was the only one that seemed truly taken aback by it all.  Hiram and Hermione come across as able to hold their own when in the middle of utter insanity as well.  Their little Princess, while able to connive and exchange catty comments with the best of them, isn't up for it when Riverdale goes bare knuckled, junkyard dog nasty.

And I think Hiram will put up with being strong armed by Veronica for only so long.  He does not lose gracefully.  

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 7
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I would watch the crap out of a superhero show about Cheryl the Red Hood. When blond lady kidnapped Toni, I was like "I wouldn't be afraid of Jughead, I would be afraid of Toni's girlfriend, lady" and low and behold! Of course when a serial killer stops by, Cheryl shoots arrows at him, puts on her red hunting cloak, and starts hunting him in the woods. One day I aspire to be even a quarter as awesome as she is. 

Cheryl is the best part of this show. I still think the Black Hood was dumb and stupid but I loved her with arrow and the Katniss Everdeening.

And yeah as I said I’m not sure what Toni’s impact to Jug was.. i know they are friends but it probably would have made of an impact if it was was actually Betty. Considering it was penny’s line to him was what broke them up in 2x05.

• Love 4

So much went on this week, I hardly even know where to start. A number of movie quotes kept coming to mind, such as:

"Serpents! Come out and plaaaaay!" 

"Oh Hell no I did not leave the South Side for this!" 

"Say it, say it" "Vampire" 

Hal being the BH (one of them) is pretty lame, considering they basically told us it was Hal weeks ago. And his whole sinner thing makes no sense, with what we know about Hal. Its just so out of left field, it doesn't feel like a good twist, it just feels random. And not in a fun way!

Glad to see the Goolies left their cirque du soleil auditions, to make Riverdale seem more Gotham city than even Gotham can be! Honestly, if I lived in Riverdale, I would have cut out several murders ago. Poor Fangs though. Looks like Cheryl will be siding with them for the upcoming rumble, which should be a good time. Maybe they wouldn't have so many issues if their gang had more members beyond 16 year olds.

Damn, Hiram is a cold blooded son of a bitch. I actually felt bad for Reggie, even when I thought he shot Fang. Hiram really cut and run with him, and sent him off to get eaten by the sharks. Now even Veronica and Hermione are sick of him, despite Hermione being almost as much of a super villain as she is. It was good seeing Veronica trying to take a stand though, even while she was clearly freaking the hell out. 

Actually gasped when Fred got shot again! Thanks God for Sheriff Keller! Maybe he gets his job back, after his Big Damn DILF moment. Riverdale really needs more than just on Sheriff and a few deputies, it need a freaking national guard regiment. 

• Love 14

So many thoughts LOL. YAAS BITCH To Cheryl showing off her Archery skills against Black Hood Hal And against Ghoulies/Penny Teaming with Jug to save Her Girl. Poor Jug at the end getting beaten within a inch of life. Poor Betty with Hal being Black hood. So sweet of Jug to call Betty and remind her how much he loved her. Now I'm scared Ghoulies go after her and can I please get Betty fucking up Penny next week? Bitch doesn't know about Dark Betty lol. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Seriously I feel like Hiram is hardly ever telling Hermione full stories on things, I legit laughed when she asked if he was keeping things from her. Uh, yes. He totally is. 

I'm so confused why she would even question that. That's why her name ain't Grainer.

*Cue rimshot*

...I've waited two seasons to make a HP joke, that's some kinda record :p

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So much went on this week, I hardly even know where to start. A number of movie quotes kept coming to mind, such as:

"Serpents! Come out and plaaaaay!" 

"Oh Hell no I did not leave the South Side for this!" 

"Say it, say it" "Vampire" 

Hal being the BH (one of them) is pretty lame, considering they basically told us it was Hal weeks ago. And his whole sinner thing makes no sense, with what we know about Hal. Its just so out of left field, it doesn't feel like a good twist, it just feels random. And not in a fun way!

Glad to see the Goolies left their cirque du soleil auditions, to make Riverdale seem more Gotham city than even Gotham can be! Honestly, if I lived in Riverdale, I would have cut out several murders ago. Poor Fangs though. Looks like Cheryl will be siding with them for the upcoming rumble, which should be a good time. Maybe they wouldn't have so many issues if their gang had more members beyond 16 year olds.

Damn, Hiram is a cold blooded son of a bitch. I actually felt bad for Reggie, even when I thought he shot Fang. Hiram really cut and run with him, and sent him off to get eaten by the sharks. Now even Veronica and Hermione are sick of him, despite Hermione being almost as much of a super villain as she is. It was good seeing Veronica trying to take a stand though, even while she was clearly freaking the hell out. 

Actually gasped when Fred got shot again! Thanks God for Sheriff Keller! Maybe he gets his job back, after his Big Damn DILF moment. Riverdale really needs more than just on Sheriff and a few deputies, it need a freaking national guard regiment. 

Ha! You should read my first post about this episode, it pretty much is everything you just wrote, I love love that you referenced mean girls, I did too!

Also.. the Black Hood is the lamest thing ever. Never try it again show.

Next week should be interesting, they seemed to have wrapped up the big things, although I’m curious who was trying to kill Fred and Archie because Hal was off making projection movies and speeches that make no sense. Seriously.. I can’t get over the Black hood stuff.

And again I wish I cared about The Lodges but if anything separating them from other cast members just kind of proved why I don’t? And why I care less and less about it? Also yeah.. let’s just think for a moment that Hiram just allowed a 16 year old to get himself killed by adults. I mean.. that character can’t get off my screen fast enough.

Seriously both Veronica and Betty have to deal with their dads being evil monsters now. Betty has to deal with her dad killing people and almost killing her best friends Dad and Veronica has to deal

with her dad being cool with a teenager getting killed or beaten. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Hiram is so busy spinning his webs that he's doing twice the work for half the payoff. What was the point of setting up an October surprise if he was going to pay someone to impersonate the Black Hood and shoot Fred in his house? What was the point of positioning Hermione as the law and order candidate, ousting Keller, getting a new sheriff who is loyal to him, and then turning Riverdale into a hellhole? Wouldn't this whole play be more effective if Keller is still in office? Fred wanted to keep Keller. If Hiram wasn't so overbearing, his plans would be nefarious and unstoppable. His need to beat everything to death is why this shit is getting sloppy.

Hal as the Black Hood makes no damn sense. Polly was having sex as a teen and getting knocked up. Fred was legally separated from his wife who lived in a different state. He began a short-lived relationship with Hermione, who wasn't separated from Hiram and was actively conspiring with Hiram. The Serpents and Ghoulies were conspicuously committing crimes. Keller and McCoy were having a poorly hidden affair. Penelope Blossom is a prostitute. Hal was cheating on Alice. If the Black Hood/Hal was so concerned about sinners, there were a whole host of people to target before Fred and Midge. Miss Grundy is a predator.

Cheryl just dropping arrows in folks like a boss.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Hiram is so busy spinning his webs that he's doing twice the work for half the payoff. What was the point of setting up an October surprise if he was going to pay someone to impersonate the Black Hood and shoot Fred in his house? What was the point of positioning Hermione as the law and order candidate, ousting Keller, getting a new sheriff who is loyal to him, and then turning Riverdale into a hellhole? Wouldn't this whole play be more effective if Keller is still in office? Fred wanted to keep Keller. If Hiram wasn't so overbearing, his plans would be nefarious and unstoppable. His need to beat everything to death is why this shit is getting sloppy.

Hal as the Black Hood makes no damn sense. Polly was having sex as a teen and getting knocked up. Fred was legally separated from his wife who lived in a different state. He began a short-lived relationship with Hermione, who wasn't separated from Hiram and was actively conspiring with Hiram. The Serpents and Ghoulies were conspicuously committing crimes. Keller and McCoy were having a poorly hidden affair. Penelope Blossom is a prostitute. Hal was cheating on Alice. If the Black Hood/Hal was so concerned about sinners, there were a whole host of people to target before Fred and Midge. Miss Grundy is a predator.

Cheryl just dropping arrows in folks like a boss.

Yup. I’m sorry but the Black hood plot was so so dumb. I feel like the writers just got to this point where they didn’t know what to do with it anymore. Like I’m sorry but last weeks episode was embarrassing. I was hoping it would all turn out to be a red herring but the fact that they might really think last weeks episode was brilliant with all the clues being so blantly obvious isn’t good. It was bad.

• Love 1

I can’t believe it’s actually Hal! I figured the anvils last week were a swerve but...they weren’t. How...anticlimactic Lol We still at least have a second Hood to figure out. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dream Boy said:

I can’t believe it’s actually Hal! I figured the anvils last week were a swerve but...they weren’t. How...anticlimactic Lol We still at least have a second Hood to figure out. 

I’m thinking it’s someone Hiram hired? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Man I’ll probably post my full thoughts In The morning since I’m turning on The Originals and got work. But, I’ll just say 5 quick things:

1. Cheryl, that was tight. 

2. I liked the twist on why the Coopers are no longer Blossoms, baisically twisting the big S1 twist. 

3. When Archie wrestled the Black Hood I got on my feet like I was watching an actual fight. 

4. Jughead I like you bro but you’re dumber than even Archie now. No debate. 

5. This was literally every plot this season, which is a good AND bad thing, will definitely expand on more tomorrow. 

Hope eveyone enjoyed this episode, I’d still say 2x04 or 2x07 is the best of the season but this was definitely top 5. Can’t wait to read everyone’s thoughts. 

Edited by TaylorBruh25
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

I was really hoping there was a twist and Hal wasn't the Black Hood. Didn't happen. It was so poorly executed. 

This. It was bad. And yeah I keep saying that but I honestly can’t get over how bad it was. As I said it was so embarrassing the way it was written last week.

i don’t know. Parts of this episode were okay but parts weren’t. I couldn’t care less about The Lodges Except for like hiram being “okay, you get yourself killed 16 year old teenager who I’ve had a fascination with for months now” but otherwise meh. The Black Hood was the worse plot and the gang story eh.. it feels like a lot of moving parts that they’ve quite gotten a handle on. Tonight was probably the best episode that had a focus on it.

Also yeah.. I was reading Instagram comments and people are mad about a few things regarding Bughead and I agree: one the lack of scenes and yeah not everything has to include romantic and it’s understandable things cut but someone commented that chonri fans have gotten cut scenes and the powers that be end up showing the scenes via posting the scene or a pic from the scene. Also the serpent dance.. I read an Instagram post about how Cheryl didn’t have to do one but Betty did so Bughead could break up and so they could have a really odd sexual scene for no real reason. That’s kind of true. I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Cheryl didn’t have to do a dance.. (we still have next week but I doubt they’re going to throw that in, but I could be wrong.. I just don’t think they will) but still.. and yeah this is off topic but this episode just reminded me and since we’re ar the tail end of the season.. yeah, Bughead May be a popular ship but they don’t really get the best treatment.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Okay, as much as the 16yo in me squeed watching and hearing Jughead make what he thinks is his last phone call be to Betty and declare his forever love, and was my second favorite part of the ep, the highlight and MVP was actually not-so-small SMALL FRY actually making an appearance!

Oh show, as much as I should hate you, I hate to love you so much!

Yeah my Bughead Shipper heart Squeed then was sad by the end. I love them so much and I think I see where this Bughead scene that made Crew members shed some tears while fliming is gonna be about. Lili is SO GOOD at the emotional stuff I can see myself tearing up Next week as I'm thinking the scene is gonna be Betty pledging her forever love and possibly pleading for him not to leave her. Please writers don't ever ever Toss away Bughead for Barchie 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Yeah my Bughead Shipper heart Squeed then was sad by the end. I love them so much and I think I see where this Bughead scene that made Crew members shed some tears while fliming is gonna be about. Lili is SO GOOD at the emotional stuff I can see myself tearing up Next week as I'm thinking the scene is gonna be Betty pledging her forever love and possibly pleading for him not to leave her. Please writers don't ever ever Toss away Bughead for Barchie 

Yup. It’s scenes like that make me realize I don’t think I’ll ever fully like Barchie. They really can’t compare to Bughead. I know it’s been something we’ve all discussed like in the future and something drastic.. but it would have to be really drastic. They’ve put a lot of good moments into Bughead, not many scenes but a lot of good stuff is there. 

I’m excited and nervous for them next week. I hope the show decides to kill off some people: Penny and Hiram. Please show? That’s my wish and I’ll forgive you for a lot of the hot mess this season was.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup. It’s scenes like that make me realize I don’t think I’ll ever fully like Barchie. They really can’t compare to Bughead. I know it’s been something we’ve all discussed like in the future and something drastic.. but it would have to be really drastic. They’ve put a lot of good moments into Bughead, not many scenes but a lot of good stuff is there. 

I’m excited and nervous for them next week. I hope the show decides to kill off some people: Penny and Hiram. Please show? That’s my wish and I’ll forgive you for a lot of the hot mess this season was.

LOL like I've asked earlier I need Betty Killing Penny or at least beating the hell out of her. Penny had her man beaten very badly and Penny don't know nothing bout Dark Betty LOL. Betty just had to see her Dad go to Jail cause he s a hypocritical murdering Psychopath THEN the man she loves is almost beaten to death by orders of this Bitch Penny? AW HELL NAW!! Penny don't know who she messing with 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

LOL like I've asked earlier I need Betty Killing Penny or at least beating the hell out of her. Penny had her man beaten very badly and Penny don't know nothing bout Dark Betty LOL. Betty just had to see her Dad go to Jail cause he s a hypocritical murdering Psychopath THEN the man she loves is almost beaten to death by orders of this Bitch Penny? AW HELL NAW!! Penny don't know who she messing with 

Dark Betty should also go off on Hiram as well. Hiram was totally cool with Jughead allowing himself to be beaten. Why? Because it seems to be that Hiram might be a psychopath as well. He might not do actual killings like Hal but he sure as hell has hired people to do some.

• Love 3

What the hell did I just watch!

Feels as though I just had a movie marathon!

My god, with a rioting town and MadMax extras howlering around town and hooded men running around and evil guy just eviling around everywhere, what the f is up with Riverdale?!?!

Great episode!

The hal is blakchood thing, lame! WE knew it! I gotta hand it to Alice at how she looked calm and all while siganling betty to smash a shovel on him... But theres antoher dude, right? Claudius, I wonder? Evil Hal twin? Despite Hal being crazy and all, you gotta admit, gotta feel bad for kid-Hal, that was not cool at all..

Big hell yes to the DILFy dads showing up out of a squad care, heheheh! <3

Poor Fangsy, I relaly liked him.

Bow to CHeryl the archery queen and now serpent red queen! Loved her in everyway...

The lodges... My god, Hiram is an asshole... I want him out! I really hate him!

And jughead... Poor guy, ain't easy being a "leader" is it? A bit disappointed with the fake death thing but the guy didn't have a choice... I'm expecting overemotionaln moment nnext episode....

I'm glad they're starting to resolve things, they're doing an ok job...

• Love 3

Cheryl is way too calm about almost being killed but amazing as well.  Ps I loved her coat in that scene when she was calling Betty

Cheryl is the damn Little Red Riding Robin Hood of Gotham Star City Riverdale and thank God for it.

Okay, wow. This one was just a "clear out the fridge, toss every last thing in a casserole and and cook it up" drunken midnight binge of an episode. Holy crap. 

As per usual, I really need to have some things cleared up. Firstly...

HAL is the BH? Uggggghhhhhhhh, whyyyyyyyy. I get that it had to be somebody, and the writers probably panicked and didn't actually pick anyone until, like, a week ago, which is why Lochlyn Monroe had no damn idea how to play it because who would? It would honestly have been much more palatable if his own personal vendettas against this, that, and the other person was driving his rampages because the whole "sin" thing doesn't make one LICK of sense. It's not that this kind of crazy can't manifest in "splitting" between other people and your own/your family's actions, but even given that? Why the hell would Hal give a rat's ass about who Fred Andrews was kissing a couple of times before calling things off? Or that Midge and Moose were doing some Happy Fun Dust and making out in the park? Or even Miss Grundy, beyond the obvious ew-ness of her predatory nature? Why would he care about any of this?

If he thought that Fred was being a bad example for Archie and he wanted Archie for Betty, for instance, that would be twisted but would make a kind of sense within his being nuts. If you're going to have somebody playing a messed up whack job who operates under some lunatic personal code, it's got to have internal consistency, no matter how flipped out it appears to non-insane observers. Hell, ALICE has a lot more through line; she's the one who was smart enough to get Betty to bonk Hal on the head while she gave him what-for. And she's nuts!

Moving from one fucked-up family unit to the next: Let's discuss Hiram Lodge and how he is the worst damn gangster since Sophia Falcone on Gotham, shall we? Have a seat because this one's gonna unspool for a bit.

We've all already noted, at length, that Hiram makes nothing but bad decisions: not only did he end up in jail in the first damn place, but his predilections for HIRING TEENAGERS to do things like blow up cars, threaten mobsters, and start riots is laughable in a sick way. But what's even worse than that? Is he never seems to have grasped  that the saying is "keep your loved ones close but your enemies closer," not "totally and completely throw your loved ones under the bus while enraging your enemies and not checking to see if perchance the moniker "Small Fry" is one of those ironic nicknames, plus burning every single bridge to every single person you've made any deals with ever before the last plank is nailed down."

This October Surprise? Is TERRIBLE. The WORST. Because it's not going to undermine Fred Andrews and leave Hermione unscathed; IT'S GOING TO DESTROY BOTH OF THEM. Fred could rightfully point out that he's legally separated and Mary lives in another damn state: Hermione has no such excuse. If anything it's going to motivate people to call her a whore. (Don't do that, by the by.) This shit is exactly, precisely what they used to boot Mayor McCoy from office and they think it's going to work magic for them??

When he's not subjecting his spouse to utter, public, and pointless humiliation, he's openly bribing/steering the new sheriff, paying and abandoning angry teenagers who will have every damn reason to go public, okaying the savage beating and near murder of a sixteen year old boy, and apparently hiring a Faux Black Hood to run around shooting blanks and expose himself to the gunfire of the Riverdale police. (Seriously, that idiot was damn lucky he wasn't gunned down on that balcony.) There cannot be one person left within a thousand miles who would piss on Hiram if he were on fire, and you know what that does to his perceived power? EVAPORATES IT. This is no way to run a business, shady or otherwise! 

Whoo! Anyway! 

Loved The Hot Dads of Riverdale showing up to scare off the Ghoulies. I did wonder though, why it was Ex-Sheriff Keller who arrested Hal later. Does the car grant full law enforcement powers? 

Penny, God. Get a new job or something. Riverdale is just not that into you. And if you're stupid enough to believe Hiram Lodge's promises about setting up a drug empire or whatever you deserve what you get.

Could ONE ADULT SERPENT besides HP step in here, please???? I saw you guys at the Worm! Why are you playing friggin' POOL when there's a riot outside and your KIDS are running around trying to prevent all out meltdown? 

Man, Fred getting shot again--"ARRRGH, right in the same bullet wound! What are the odds?" 

Archie fighting off the Faux BH was great though. He lept to his feet like a damn panther! 

And Archie in general was honestly 1000% more on the ball than he has been all season! He's all over the place: stopping Reggie, saving Reggie, saving Pop's (although if you light a Molotov cocktail, dude, you gotta throw it! I was waiting for his hand to get blown off ["ARRRGH, the same hand as the one I broke rescuing Cheryl! What are the odds?"]) rushing to comfort Betty, finally seeing the light about Hiram; thank goodness. I don't think I could have taken his derpy puppy routine in the midst of all this.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Cheryl is the damn Little Red Riding Robin Hood of Gotham Star City Riverdale and thank God for it.

Okay, wow. This one was just a "clear out the fridge, toss every last thing in a casserole and and cook it up" drunken midnight binge of an episode. Holy crap. 

As per usual, I really need to have some things cleared up. Firstly...

HAL is the BH? Uggggghhhhhhhh, whyyyyyyyy. I get that it had to be somebody, and the writers probably panicked and didn't actually pick anyone until, like, a week ago, which is why Lochlyn Monroe had no damn idea how to play it because who would? It would honestly have been much more palatable if his own personal vendettas against this, that, and the other person was driving his rampages because the whole "sin" thing doesn't make one LICK of sense. It's not that this kind of crazy can't manifest in "splitting" between other people and your own/your family's actions, but even given that? Why the hell would Hal give a rat's ass about who Fred Andrews was kissing a couple of times before calling things off? Or that Midge and Moose were doing some Happy Fun Dust and making out in the park? Or even Miss Grundy, beyond the obvious ew-ness of her predatory nature? Why would he care about any of this?

If he thought that Fred was being a bad example for Archie and he wanted Archie for Betty, for instance, that would be twisted but would make a kind of sense within his being nuts. If you're going to have somebody playing a messed up whack job who operates under some lunatic personal code, it's got to have internal consistency, no matter how flipped out it appears to non-insane observers. Hell, ALICE has a lot more through line; she's the one who was smart enough to get Betty to bonk Hal on the head while she gave him what-for. And she's nuts!

Moving from one fucked-up family unit to the next: Let's discuss Hiram Lodge and how he is the worst damn gangster since Sophia Falcone on Gotham, shall we? Have a seat because this one's gonna unspool for a bit.

We've all already noted, at length, that Hiram makes nothing but bad decisions: not only did he end up in jail in the first damn place, but his predilections for HIRING TEENAGERS to do things like blow up cars, threaten mobsters, and start riots is laughable in a sick way. But what's even worse than that? Is he never seems to have grasped  that the saying is "keep your loved ones close but your enemies closer," not "totally and completely throw your loved ones under the bus while enraging your enemies and not checking to see if perchance the moniker "Small Fry" is one of those ironic nicknames, plus burning every single bridge to every single person you've made any deals with ever before the last plank is nailed down."

This October Surprise? Is TERRIBLE. The WORST. Because it's not going to undermine Fred Andrews and leave Hermione unscathed; IT'S GOING TO DESTROY BOTH OF THEM. Fred could rightfully point out that he's legally separated and Mary lives in another damn state: Hermione has no such excuse. If anything it's going to motivate people to call her a whore. (Don't do that, by the by.) This shit is exactly, precisely what they used to boot Mayor McCoy from office and they think it's going to work magic for them??

When he's not subjecting his spouse to utter, public, and pointless humiliation, he's openly bribing/steering the new sheriff, paying and abandoning angry teenagers who will have every damn reason to go public, okaying the savage beating and near murder of a sixteen year old boy, and apparently hiring a Faux Black Hood to run around shooting blanks and expose himself to the gunfire of the Riverdale police. (Seriously, that idiot was damn lucky he wasn't gunned down on that balcony.) There cannot be one person left within a thousand miles who would piss on Hiram if he were on fire, and you know what that does to his perceived power? EVAPORATES IT. This is no way to run a business, shady or otherwise! 

Whoo! Anyway! 

Loved The Hot Dads of Riverdale showing up to scare off the Ghoulies. I did wonder though, why it was Ex-Sheriff Keller who arrested Hal later. Does the car grant full law enforcement powers? 

Penny, God. Get a new job or something. Riverdale is just not that into you. And if you're stupid enough to believe Hiram Lodge's promises about setting up a drug empire or whatever you deserve what you get.

Could ONE ADULT SERPENT besides HP step in here, please???? I saw you guys at the Worm! Why are you playing friggin' POOL when there's a riot outside and your KIDS are running around trying to prevent all out meltdown? 

Man, Fred getting shot again--"ARRRGH, right in the same bullet wound! What are the odds?" 

Archie fighting off the Faux BH was great though. He lept to his feet like a damn panther! 

And Archie in general was honestly 1000% more on the ball than he has been all season! He's all over the place: stopping Reggie, saving Reggie, saving Pop's (although if you light a Molotov cocktail, dude, you gotta throw it! I was waiting for his hand to get blown off ["ARRRGH, the same hand as the one I broke rescuing Cheryl! What are the odds?"]) rushing to comfort Betty, finally seeing the light about Hiram; thank goodness. I don't think I could have taken his derpy puppy routine in the midst of all this.

I’m sure annoying Archie will be back next season. It’s why I don’t put much stock into him.

I really can’t get over the lameness of the Black Hood. Only because god damn.. how much of this season did this story chew? I’m sorry but the viewers who think this was such a good story.. please tell me why! Especially after the clues were painfuly obvious last week it was like it was written for children. The writers put no thought into it. And at the end of the day it made no sense.

I do think at one point I guess Hal wanted Betty and Archie to be together. He made her break up with Jughead at one point and the Christmas episode stuff with them. But still?

Also I’m not sure how I feel about this lame ending because it now gives the writers free reign on Dark Betty so she’s probably always going to be in the awful wig and bra now.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Am I the only one who kind of wishes Jughead had signed on with the Ghoulies instead of the Serpents? 

I mean, both gangs are idiots, but at least one of them is very, very entertaining.

Oh mannn.... at least the Ghoulies seem to have a no shirt policy, seeing jug in Ghoulies outfit would definitely have made it interesting.... just saying lol...

• Love 4

I am surprised that Hiram wanted Jughead killed, if it was me, I would have turned Jughead into my hype man, writing positive stories about me and how much better off the town would be if Hermione was Mayor.

They never did confirm if the Black Hood killed Chic.

The best way to stop school juvenile deliquents with bats is to have a Principal with a bat!

RIP Jughead, Bold Move Riverdale!

Next week, the entire town of Riverdale vs The Ghoulies! Let's get Ready to Rumble!

• Love 2

"My name is Cheryl Blossom!  For my entire life, I have been stuck in the house full of crazies, that, in turn, made me crazy and I survived the only way I thought I could: by being the meanest of all mean girls.  But then I found myself growing closer to a crazy group of folks; consisting of a daft, but well-meaning fellow ginger, the slightly unhinged cousin I never knew I had, a rich girl who can rival me in both style and attitude, and the friendly neighborhood hipster turn gang leader; and realized I had others like me.  And then I met the love of my life, Tori.  But in order to change, I can no longer be the simple mean girl of Riverdale.  In order to honor these new friends, I must become someone else.  I must become something else!"

Sorry, that's just my longwinded way of saying that if the show just makes Cheryl Riverdale's hooded vigilante, I would not complain in the slightest!

Dear Lord, Penny is back and she's aligned herself with the fucking Ghoulies (who, of course, are all on Hiram's payroll), and that has just made this crazy show ten times crazier, to put it mildly.  The Southside Serpents might check off every biker gang cliche known to mankind, but the Ghoulies are like if Jerome's gang from Gotham had a baby with the War Boys from Mad Max: Fury Road.  When Archie started tossing Molotov cocktails at them, I was just waiting for the head guy to spray paint in his mouth, scream "Witness me!", and just charge him.  This is just nuts!  I want more!  Although, if Jughead ends up surviving that beatdown (he has to, of course), then they really aren't that effective at the whole ass-kicking thing.

So, Hal really is the Black Hood?  I thought they were making it way too obvious, so I thought for sure it was a swerve, but nope, that doesn't seem to be the case.  His logic really doesn't fully check out, since he seemed to look past or spare others who were way worse than the likes of Fred, Midge, and whatnot (hell, he was sleeping with freaking Penelope of all people!), but I guess it's hard to argue with crazy.  Fitting that he was done in by Alice emasculating him and making him lose his cool/turn his back on Betty.  Ah, insecurity over your manhood!  It always is the downfall of serial killers!  But he isn't taking responsibility for the shootout at the debate and he couldn't have been the one who shot Fred again (thanks, bulletproof vest!), so I'm guessing that was a fake one, and he's all part of Hiram's "grand plan."

Speaking of which, at this rate, even if Hiram actually pulls this all off, is he going to even have anything good left in his life?  Veronica is so over his shit and now Heromine is finally starting to realize what she's gotten into.  Hell, even minor things like leaving Reggie out to dry smacks of decisions that will somehow bite him in the ass.  Stupid, fucking Hiram!

Yay, Keller!  Glad he got a bit of a heroic moment.  I still don't think he is/was a great sheriff, but it's still nice seeing someone who is well-meaning and trying to do what he can to protect the citizens of this silly town.

OK, Principal Weatherbee just busting through the school doors with a bat was the most I ever liked him.

The kid playing Young Hal in the tape also played a young Norman Bates in Bates Motel.  Hope the poor guy doesn't get typecast this early on in his career!

I've said this with a lot of shows, but in this case, I can honestly say that I have zero clue what is going to go down in the finale.  Really, anything can happened!  But my personal vote at this point is for Hooded Archer Cheryl, Dark Betty, and Catsuit Veronica to team up and form their own Legion of Riverdale Heroes or whatever the hell you want to call it!

• Love 11
(edited)

Damn, this episode was nuts! I picked the wrong week to watch The Blacklist first.

Edited to add: If you type "did they kill off" into Google right now it autocompletes with "jughead".

I wish my favorite shows would stop killing off beloved characters this week.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

OK, Principal Weatherbee just busting through the school doors with a bat was the most I ever liked him.

Nice to see a principal/teacher really committed to the kids' education!!! LOL
 I sooo love/hate love that guy

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The kid playing Young Hal in the tape also played a young Norman Bates in Bates Motel.  Hope the poor guy doesn't get typecast this early on in his career!

I've said this with a lot of shows, but in this case, I can honestly say that I have zero clue what is going to go down in the finale.  Really, anything can happened!  But my personal vote at this point is for Hooded Archer Cheryl, Dark Betty, and Catsuit Veronica to team up and form their own Legion of Riverdale Heroes or whatever the hell you want to call it!

Those three girls united have nothing on the boys tbh!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Am I the only one who kind of wishes Jughead had signed on with the Ghoulies instead of the Serpents? 

I mean, both gangs are idiots, but at least one of them is very, very entertaining.

The Ghoulies seem to have actual adults in the gang. The serpents only seem to have teenagers and FP. That’s why they’re always fighting.

Next week is going to be jam packed. That can be good or bad. 

• Love 2

Holy crap that was a wild ride. I wasn't really feeling this show for most of this season but I think it's safe to say that it's officially back on my good side.

The Black Hood mystery was stupid from the start and I'll always maintain that it was supposed to end with Mr. Svenson until they realized that the fans weren't satisfied with that...then they decided to make it someone more "important." It makes no sense that Hal would suddenly turn into this serial killer psychopath after years of marriage and fatherhood with no indication that anything was wrong. I actually didn't mind the build-up to the reveal though. Imo it was better to see Betty putting the pieces together and reach the logical conclusion that her father was the Black Hood as opposed to have it be some out-of-left-field reveal that was based only on shocking us.

And I'm sure that Jughead's fate is going to end up being some elaborate scheme that he and FP came up with on the fly for him to fake his death. As much as I enjoy Jughead and Cole, I would actually love if they had the guts to follow through on his death, though. After seven years of Pretty Little Liars, in which it became quickly apparent that none of the protagonists were ever going to die despite the numerous life or death cliffhangers, it would be nice to see a show that's willing to really "go there" and send the message that truly no one is safe.

This episode was so jam-packed that I even had to check at one point and see if it was the season finale. Can't wait for next week!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am surprised that Hiram wanted Jughead killed, if it was me, I would have turned Jughead into my hype man, writing positive stories about me and how much better off the town would be if Hermione was Mayor.

They never did confirm if the Black Hood killed Chic.

The best way to stop school juvenile deliquents with bats is to have a Principal with a bat!

RIP Jughead, Bold Move Riverdale!

Next week, the entire town of Riverdale vs The Ghoulies! Let's get Ready to Rumble!

Yeah Jughead is not dead. They aren't killing off one of the core four 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, marinaalexis said:

Imo it was better to see Betty putting the pieces together and reach the logical conclusion that her father was the Black Hood as opposed to have it be some out-of-left-field reveal that was based only on shocking us.

I loved that Hal was the Black Hood, that we watched as Betty figured it out and tried to confirm if it was true or not. That, for me, worked a lot better than "surprise, it's not Hal. Hahaha, gottcha!" I was riveted to all the Cooper scene's because it was so well done, great acting, I loved watching Alice slowly figure out something really bad is going down, then her and Betty getting the upper hand. It was all so well done. Hell, they even had the blood on Hal's shirt slowly show up. I even appreciate that they linked his sudden murderous side with Betty fatefully saying the trigger words his mother had pounded into him as a kid. Well played show, well played.

I didn't like anything else about this episode other than Cheryl being a total badass.

I abhor gang violence so that shit is doing nothing for me. Yawn, Fangs is dead. I really could care less. Same with Jug's cliffhanger. Like he's dead. Please.

I hate everything about Hiram. I'm immune to his good looks since he is not remotely my type, so I just get bored watching him try to be all dark and dangerous. He's just a dick who sees his family as his property or trophies to flaunt. At least Veronica is figuring that out. And while I realize Giant Tot was trying to kill them (with good reason considering. I mean, they're a mob family, this is how they do things) I hope Veronica was chilled at seeing her mother gun him down like it was nothing. No hesitation, no chance for him to run. She pulled that sucker out of what looked like her purse? (so does she always have it with her? or was I mistaken? This show is filmed so freaking darkly I can't see half of what is going on) and hammered him like she'd done that kind of thing before.

I would like to join the movement to get Veronica and Cheryl emancipated from their terrible parents and moved in together. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Oh, and LOL at Fred's blasé response when he goes to his sons room in the morning, finds Archie gone and his girlfriend finishing up getting ready to leave. No big. I hope Archie doesn't have a squeaky mattress. Poor Fred does need his beauty sleep.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

SMALL FRY that mother fucker is a damn jumbo fry. Can't really blame him they are responsible for his father's death.

I love everything about Cheryl. Taking a shot at the BH and hunting him through he forest. She is a beast. Only to team up with Jughead to save Toni. Looks like she is team serpent against the goolies. 

Big shocker Hal is the black hood. Who else would know intimate details about Betty's childhood.

I bet Hiram is behind the attach on Archie and Fred. Thank God for bullet proof vests I don't think I could deal with Fred being shot again. I do think that Archie might have been the target because Hiram no longer had a use for Archie and wants Veronica to move on.

Aw Hiram has no one left. His wife needs finally reached her limit of his bullshit. I need Veronica and Cheryl to emancipation themselves and move in together. 

Oh Jughead for fucking moron. You can't make a deal with the devil and expect them to make good on the deal. But he can't be dead though can he. He better be in a coma or something because I don't think I can handle dead bughead

I wish we would've seen the scene where Jughead asked Cheryl to be his backup. Hopefully it's a deleted scene!

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I concur that the Black Hood "twist" (even though it was not surprising in the least) of it being Hal was stupid, and made little to no sense based on reasons that many of you have already mentioned already, so I won't repeat. However, I do want to point out that the acting in those Cooper house scenes was incredible...Lili, Madchen, and Lochlyn all CRUSHED it. I was literally on the edge of my couch. Hoping Lochlyn is still around next season.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

"My name is Cheryl Blossom!  For my entire life, I have been stuck in the house full of crazies, that, in turn, made me crazy and I survived the only way I thought I could: by being the meanest of all mean girls.  But then I found myself growing closer to a crazy group of folks; consisting of a daft, but well-meaning fellow ginger, the slightly unhinged cousin I never knew I had, a rich girl who can rival me in both style and attitude, and the friendly neighborhood hipster turn gang leader; and realized I had others like me.  And then I met the love of my life, Tori.  But in order to change, I can no longer be the simple mean girl of Riverdale.  In order to honor these new friends, I must become someone else.  I must become something else!"

Sorry, that's just my longwinded way of saying that if the show just makes Cheryl Riverdale's hooded vigilante, I would not complain in the slightest!

Cheryl needs a spinoff. She is so badass! CW doesn't have enough superhero vigilante shows yet, right? 

4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Damn, this episode was nuts! I picked the wrong week to watch The Blacklist first.

Edited to add: If you type "did they kill off" into Google right now it autocompletes with "jughead".

I wish my favorite shows would stop killing off beloved characters this week.

Can confirm! In fact, I went to Google to test this out, and typed in "did" and the fourth result was "did Jughead die"...

...which he didn't, right? There's no way Jughead is Jugdead. (I saw someone say that on Reddit, and although I was still freaking out over the episode, I laughed really hard.) The scene of FP carrying Jughead's bloodied, seemingly lifeless body out of the woods was so damn powerful. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. 

The acting in this episode was insanely good. Like, every actor killed it, from the mains (Jughead, Betty, Ronnie, Archie) to background characters (Sweet Pea, Pop, Midge's mom). However, as always, it was the Jughead/FP scenes was got me the most. Cole and Skeet have such believable father and son chemistry, and their scenes are always the most emotional and meaningful to me. 

• RIP Fangs :( We hardly knew you, but we'll miss you.
  • I don't understand how Veronica has even one iota of compassion when her parents are the way they are. I think in spite of everything, Veronica has a fairly warm heart and soul, and it made me so sad last night when she realized that her mom is just as complicit as her father in many ways, and got further confirmation that her father is evil incarnate. 
  • "Hot Riverdale dads to the rescue!" says Kevin, snapping a sexy pictute for his Instagram. It's a little weird that he said that given that his own father was one of said sexy dads (which is truth. Sheriff Keller looked fiiinnnneee), but who am I to judge? I'm a 32 year old who obsessively watches Riverdale.
  • The Ghoulies look like a KISS cover band. 
  • Hiram is the *insert Jean Ralphio voice* woooo-oooooo-ooorrrrrrssssssttttttttt. That being said, Mark Consuelos is doing such a great job playing him. But good Lord, he is awful. I don't get how he's not the first person Hal/Black hood killed, since he is truly the biggest sinner of all. 
  • I loved the glimpses of Jughead/Archie's friendship we got in this episode. Their constant phone calls to each other, and helping each other out with their respective "gangs" (Serpents/Bulldogs). Let's hope for more Jarchie goodness moving forward.
  • The phone call Jughead made to Betty before going to sacrifice himself to the Ghoulies actually made me tear the fuck up. Heartbreaking. 
  • But, like..........there's no way Jughead is dead, right? Right? 

This episode was amazing, and I can't believe it wasn't even the season finale. I booked the next couple of days after the season finale off work (don't judge me), but now thinking I should've booked today off instead!!

• Love 10
(edited)

This episode felt so underwhelming to me. It felt like nothing really made sense and there were so many inconsistencies and too much was happening again.

What was up with Cheryl and the red hood and bow and arrow? It was funny but at the same time no. And the writers did not even allow her to process that she almost got murdered by the Black Hood. Missed out on some nice Cheryl and Toni moments as well.  What was the point of Toni being kidnapped?

Was this really the end for Fangs? Was Josie sleeping the riots out?

Veronica's characterization and her realizing how bad her father really is could have been done in a nuanced way... I am not sure what the Veronica and Hermione scenes were even about. And now Hermione had to shoot someone? What happens next? But at least Veronica is realizing that Hiram is not going to change.

I really need FP to stop yelling at Jughead. Hey FP you are the father here, maybe you should have been the one making  a sacrifice? And of course nobody listens to Jughead when he is right it is all a dumb idea to go ahead with a blood bath with the Ghoulies and so Jughead has to make a dumb decision by sacrificing himself for his friends. Did he really think the Ghoulies would not come for the Serpents even after he decided to play the sacrificial lamb? Jughead does so much for the people he cares about, he cares about his home, his friends, his family, his girlfriend and while he may come across as "overdramatic" or "annoying", he often times is not wrong. Just like he was not wrong about Hiram. Wonder how Veronica and Archie will respond if they find out Hiram wanted Jughead and all the Serpents dead. Not sure why Hiram is even so fixated on a 16-year old. The writers forget how young Jughead is and through the whole season he has been suffering. This is also the third time this season we saw Jughead being beaten up by a group of people. And as for the cliffhanger this episode, of course Jughead is not actually dead, kind of a pointless cliffhanger.

Betty went through a lot for one night. Having a confrontation with her father who is the Black Hood, Hal almost murdering Alice and actually threatening to kill all three of them, and then in the end seeing her boyfriend's body who she thinks could be dead. So, Hal is the Black Hood, or at least one of them, as it is implied there have been other men as well. It was not all him alone. OI am not buying the whole concept of Hal being the Black Hood. Please tell me that he was not the one behind those phone calls to Betty. Why was he emotionally tormenting his daughter? And the whole backstory and the "darkness" thing... Are the writers implying that psychopathy runs in the Cooper family? Psychopathy can be hereditary. Which is what they have been teasing with Betty and her "darkness", but Betty is not like Hal. She feels love for the people she cares about, would do anything for them, and she has been struggling with anxiety and stress because of the pressure Alice had put on her in her childhood. I guess maybe Betty has the potential to have symptoms of psychopathy but the writers would never fully go there, right? Her mental health problems have always been treated so terribly by the writers, and they shouldn't demonize them,.  Betty would never be like her father, grandfather and great-grandfather. She is not a monster. I am not sure where the writers are going with this.

One of the things Betty and Jughead have in common is how much they care for the people they care about and would do anything for them. And the phone call scene.. Jughead had to hear Betty's voice, he had to tell her he loves her and always will before walking into his possible death. It probably gave him more courage to go through with his reckless plan. Before Betty and Jughead were going to reunite, I was so hoping for that parallel to the scene in 2x06 where Betty tells Jughead, "I never stopped loving you." and I was hoping Jughead would say it as well and now he did! I do think the scene would have been more powerful if we had any more romantic and sweet moments between Betty and Jughead in the past 6 episodes besides the sleuthing, and more probably could have been said but I'll take it. She was the only voice he still needed to hear before proceeding.

Part of me also wonders if the writers should have delayed Betty and Jughead's reunion and had filled a half season with friendship, pining and some angst and maybe this phone call  would have had more of a power effect where they could have reunited in 2x22. But I am guessing the writers probably did not think the Bughead shippers would have had the patience after the awful way the pairing has been treated in 2A. But I mean, if they already had problems showing their relationship in 2B, they could have saved the reunion for the seaosn finale.

Let Betty and Jughead breathe and stop tormenting them so much in season 3, writers. They are two of the characters besides Cheryl who have been put through the most in this season. And think of emotional depth of all these characters.

Funny thing, there were many phone calls in this episode, as if they were a substitute for why the characters were not communicating enough.

Well, on to the season finale next week I guess.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 4

I’m sorry but personally to me the Black hood reveal was terrible. And so lazy. Last weeks episode was so bad with all the obvious clues and sorry but Hal’s logic makes no sense. Honestly.. this plot never made sense. It was terrible.

And yeah as far as the character of Betty.. who knows what the writing is going to imply with it here. They don’t know how to write a mental health story well and yeah I get it’s a tv show, but they honestly don’t know where to write this. Dark betty has no real structure because the show hS changed it constantly. Is it about her mental health issues? Or is it about her discovering her sexuality? And if so, the latter is something different or should be, because they aren’t the same thing. The show needs to pick a lane with that.

And the Black Hood was just a really bad idea. If I’m being honest, it should have been Hiram. That would have made more sense. Until episode three when it started bejng all about Betty, it did start out being about Archie and that would have been interesting. Hiram hired someone to scare The andrews because Fred wouldn’t sign off on the construction papers and had hooked up with Hermione. 

And since we’re at the end of the season.. this season did not make sense to me. At all. It was a hot mess. And yes we still have an episode left but honestly.. this was just bad. I stand by what I’ve seen many times over, the show bit off more than they could chew and I think believed their own press about last season. This is my opinion on it all.

I just keep thinking of last season when Alice couldn’t stop laughing when Betty asked Hal if he killed Jason’s Blossom. I sort of wish she had reacted the same way when Betty said he was the Black Hood.

Okay, so there have been two fake Black Hoods events: the debate shooting and attacking Fred. Are there supposed to be other Black Hood attacks that weren’t Hal? I also want a flashback to show how he got Svenson to do his bidding.

Poor Fangs!

I continue to be entertained by the retro hospital uniforms. 

Jughead can’t die, if for no other reason than he grows up to write the book that he narrates every single week.

• Love 3

Jughead can’t die, if for no other reason than he grows up to write the book that he narrates every single week.

I'm not worried that Juggie's dead, he's fine. Well, he's not fine, he's going to be in the hospital for weeks and get a bill that rivals Fred's (and who will take care of him now that the doctor's been murdered? WTF, Hal?) but he's not dead. I'm sure the shot of the gang at the gravesite was them attending Fang's funeral.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, Snookums said:

I'm not worried that Juggie's dead, he's fine. Well, he's not fine, he's going to be in the hospital for weeks and get a bill that rivals Fred's (and who will take care of him now that the doctor's been murdered? WTF, Hal?) but he's not dead. I'm sure the shot of the gang at the gravesite was them attending Fang's funeral.

I’m thinking it’s a dream sequence of Bettys, actually.

Also yeah to hal.. he killed the doctor.. because he asked questions? What sin is that? Seriously the Black hood stuff would be laughable with how bad it was/is but I think the writers actually think they did something good with this story.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

So, what, exactly was Jughead's deal with Hiram? Did he really expect Hiram to call off Penny after she got Jughead? Did he expect to die? WTF? If he expected to die, why would he think Hiram was going to keep his end of the deal? Even if he didn't, why did he think this deal would work? What was Hiram supposedly getting out of it?

That was the single worst plot point of any show I have ever watched simply because it made no forking sense. Did I nod off and miss what the actual deal was? All I remember is Jug calling Hiram because he realized that Hiram hired Penny and the Gang to get rid of those meddling Serpents and said he had a deal. Next thing, Hiram says he's listening. Then Jug goes to see Penny, gets the shit beat out of him and I'm left wondering why Jug thinks that his sacrifice was enough to make Hiram decide not to get rid of the Serpents. What am I missing?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m thinking it’s a dream sequence of Bettys, actually.

Also yeah to hal.. he killed the doctor.. because he asked questions? What sin is that? Seriously the Black hood stuff would be laughable with how bad it was/is but I think the writers actually think they did something good with this story.

Gluttony...he wanted TOO much information, dammit! 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, AdorkableSars said:

Ha! It would have actually been interesting if Hal was actually doing a seven sinner type thing. And I’m also still in unclear and have been for a while on how a bettys Juliabee speeh was about cleansing the town. But whatever.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:
1 hour ago, AdorkableSars said:

Ha! It would have actually been interesting if Hal was actually doing a seven sinner type thing. And I’m also still in unclear and have been for a while on how a bettys Juliabee speeh was about cleansing the town. But whatever.

I think he killed the doctor because he couldn't come up with an answer to "so, how exactly did you get an arrow wound in your shoulder". I mean, this is Riverdale, not Sherwood Forest. lol Though if he were half as smart as he thinks he could have said a bitter, angry Cheryl shot him when he snuck out of her mother's bedroom after another night of dirty, naughty sex. lol

Betty's speech, at least the part they reshowed this ep, was about making the town better. What better way to do that than to kill all the terrible people in town? Of course, once that is done there is no one left and Hiram can swoop in and build his prison, with a special Black Hood wing just for Hal. hahahahaha

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hiram hired a bunch of Black Hoods to terrorize the citizens. It's clear he doesn't care about the actual people of Riverdale, just the land they stubbornly refuse to get off of, so why not drive them out with a slew of serial killers and gang wars?

See, it all makes perfect sense. Trust me, if you watch Once Upon A Time, the logic jumps this show makes are nothing in comparison to that hot mess.

• Love 4