Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thewhiteowl

S03.E20: Let It Go

Recommended Posts


So Patterson's mother is writing a paper with Dr. Rodney McKay. I didn't realize Blindspot takes place in the Stargate universe.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

So Patterson's mother is writing a paper with Dr. Rodney McKay. I didn't realize Blindspot takes place in the Stargate universe.

I kind of want Rich to learn about the stargate.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

So Patterson's mother is writing a paper with Dr. Rodney McKay. I didn't realize Blindspot takes place in the Stargate universe.

I hope that paper is about finding the Destiny.

I wonder if Jane has tattoos of gate addresses.

After all these years, I never realized: Patterson's first name was never revealed? This is same mystery as what is Penny's last name on The Big Bang Theory.

K&R days....Jane learnt that smoke trick from Bill Nye (too bad it never came to use).

So in 12 hours: Roman can have a mental breakdown and still come up with "brilliant" plan!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The New York City Public Library, the Museum of Modern Art, and Madison Square Garden are some of the most highly secured places in the city?  Someone call John McLane.  The Federal Reserve is in danger again.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I laughed at Kurt's geekiness over Bill Nye. "She has mental issues."

I thought he said 'mental issues' too but I went back and he said 'memory issues.' Still good, but 'mental issues' was better lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does Bill Nye have "Super Top Secret" clearance? How many people in the world know about the tattoos? Dude is going to write his own research paper on "Dadabases"...How could he not use classic comic book references... "Kal-El & Zod", "Batman & Joker", ?????

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I love Bill Nye, so that part was cool even if it didn't make any sense to bring him onto the show. Other than he rocks.

I got distracted by this convo: The engaged woman says to her fiancé, "Why isn't Tasha coming to the wedding?" He stupidly answers "Because she has feelings for me" instead of saying she's on assignment that night. Or ANYTHING else. Then engaged woman, after bringing up the subject says, "I don't want to talk about it." WTH? That had to have been written by a man. First, if Tasha isn't coming to the wedding, Almost Bride should have said TO TASHA, "Oh, no, I'm so sorry. I wish you could be there. Why can't you?" and let Tasha give her own answer. Then that one sentence breaks up a wedding that's gone as far as freaking cake tasting? Oh man. That's just poor. (And obviously I don't know/remember names on this show.)

Got a kick out of Jane and the Blond Woman having a gun battle in the living room, both firing multiple times and no one hits anyone, even with Blond Woman standing straight up in the center of the room, until Jane gets one to the arm.

Dad's body was in the water how long and he looks like he just laid down for a nap? Alrighty then. And do bullet entry holes really look like tiny volcano cones?

What's the difference between red smoke and regular smoke? I thought Jane was going to do some Native American smoke signals. You know, spelling out H-E-L-P in Apache.

Avery, there's always shooting someone in the leg when you are that close. Plus, based of the earlier gun battle, the odds of you even hitting her are pretty slim.

I doubt any of us realized Patterson was missing a first name. So on those dates, and with the guy she slept with, she was Patterson only? Is this show going all Seinfeld on us, like making a big deal about learning Kramer's first name? I guess maybe someone out there cares.

I suppose Roman's going to die or something, which is disappointing since he's the hottest, I mean best, part of this show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

First, if Tasha isn't coming to the wedding, Almost Bride should have said TO TASHA, "Oh, no, I'm so sorry. I wish you could be there. Why can't you?" and let Tasha give her own answer.

I thought she did actually ask Tasha first? And Tasha gave the right answer-- that she had an assignment and couldn't go. I was only half watching, so I'm not sure why the fiance then asked Reed, too... maybe Tasha came off as a little cagey when she said it. Might have been nice if Tasha had texted Reed her excuse so he could say the same. I agree, Reed came off as really stupid, and the whole engagement fell apart way too conveniently.

15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I doubt any of us realized Patterson was missing a first name.

I'm only a casual viewer (and missed the majority of season 2), but I knew this, and it's come up in episode threads on occasion. I'm a little unclear whether other characters really don't know her first name (I'm assuming not, as it must be on her official ID, etc., and if somehow it wasn't, I'm assuming we would have seen someone last night try to get it out of the dad). So I'm guessing it's just a secret from the viewers, which is weird, but kind of a running gag. I turned away in the scene where the dad started to say it-- did she cut him off right away, or did he start to say something with an "R"?

Weller geeking out over Bill Nye was cute. 

I'm guessing that Roman is going to be the character who dies, but not before somehow having a heartfelt reconciliation with Jane and/ or making a heroic sacrifice for her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So what's Roman's secret that his imagination wanted him to tell Hallucination Jane? Is it that he has a brain tumor, or whatever his health issue is, or is it something else? I'm trying to remember if there's something else we know about him that's a secret from Jane, or if this is something completely new. I've seen a couple people speculating recently that he's not really Jane's brother/also Avery's biological father, and I remember several episodes ago where they were talking about him and then cut to Roman and a couple people here thought the show was implying it was him. At this point I wouldn't really find it all that surprising. I know they've said the bio father was some random guy, Jane's high school boyfriend, but I can't imagine the show missing the opportunity to make him someone "shocking" and Roman would be the most (theoretically) shocking of all. I don't know why else they've waited this long to reveal his identity if not for it to turn out that he's someone we already know. Maybe not Roman, but I can't imagine anyone else who would be as "shocking" since a ton of people have speculated it's Crawford, and I can't imagine it being some random bad guy involved in Shepherd's organization having much impact. Maybe they're not going for shocking, though, and they haven't actually decided yet who he is...I'm putting way too much thought into this!

 

9 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought she did actually ask Tasha first? And Tasha gave the right answer-- that she had an assignment and couldn't go. I was only half watching, so I'm not sure why the fiance then asked Reed, too... maybe Tasha came off as a little cagey when she said it. Might have been nice if Tasha had texted Reed her excuse so he could say the same. I agree, Reed came off as really stupid, and the whole engagement fell apart way too conveniently.

I'm only a casual viewer (and missed the majority of season 2), but I knew this, and it's come up in episode threads on occasion. I'm a little unclear whether other characters really don't know her first name (I'm assuming not, as it must be on her official ID, etc., and if somehow it wasn't, I'm assuming we would have seen someone last night try to get it out of the dad). So I'm guessing it's just a secret from the viewers, which is weird, but kind of a running gag. I turned away in the scene where the dad started to say it-- did she cut him off right away, or did he start to say something with an "R"?

She definitely did. Tasha said she was on assignment and it was top secret and she couldn't say anything else. Obviously Meg didn't believe her, although I don't think it seemed super obvious she was lying.

I think the other characters know. I vaguely remember a scene where someone was making fun of her first name, implying it was lame/dorky and started to call her by it and she I think got mad and threatened to punch them/break their arm or something like that? I think it was Rich because I can't imagine her making those kinds of comments to anyone else. And to me it sounded like it started with We--or Wee, it was a long E. I can't think of any names that start with that sort of sound, though, so it must be something really uncommon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, marina707 said:

So what's Roman's secret that his imagination wanted him to tell Hallucination Jane? Is it that he has a brain tumor, or whatever his health issue is, or is it something else? I'm trying to remember if there's something else we know about him that's a secret from Jane, or if this is something completely new. I've seen a couple people speculating recently that he's not really Jane's brother/also Avery's biological father, and I remember several episodes ago where they were talking about him and then cut to Roman and a couple people here thought the show was implying it was him. At this point I wouldn't really find it all that surprising. I know they've said the bio father was some random guy, Jane's high school boyfriend, but I can't imagine the show missing the opportunity to make him someone "shocking" and Roman would be the most (theoretically) shocking of all. I don't know why else they've waited this long to reveal his identity if not for it to turn out that he's someone we already know. Maybe not Roman, but I can't imagine anyone else who would be as "shocking" since a ton of people have speculated it's Crawford, and I can't imagine it being some random bad guy involved in Shepherd's organization having much impact. Maybe they're not going for shocking, though, and they haven't actually decided yet who he is...I'm putting way too much thought into this!

 

She definitely did. Tasha said she was on assignment and it was top secret and she couldn't say anything else. Obviously Meg didn't believe her, although I don't think it seemed super obvious she was lying.

I think the other characters know. I vaguely remember a scene where someone was making fun of her first name, implying it was lame/dorky and started to call her by it and she I think got mad and threatened to punch them/break their arm or something like that? I think it was Rich because I can't imagine her making those kinds of comments to anyone else. And to me it sounded like it started with We--or Wee, it was a long E. I can't think of any names that start with that sort of sound, though, so it must be something really uncommon.

If you've reached Patterson's age and haven't come to terms with the name your parents gave you, why don't you change it?  I hated the spelling of my name when I was younger.  Came to terms.  Now I don't mind having to spell it every time someone writes my name.

I get not wanting to change your name in respect to the parents that love you and loved the name they gave you but either deal and say "Hey, thus is me and I'm ok with that!" or change it and explain to your parents that your needed something that was more mature, easier, or just plain more YOU.

Hell, they call the main character Jane and that's not her name.  They basically gave her that name.  They haven't called her Remi.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I remember seeing a recent episode where Patterson was on a date with the science guy and they ended up in a lab of sorts and she had on a jacket with a name label “Dianne”.  Seems he made a remark about it but I just can’t recall exactly.  

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, alvajon said:

I remember seeing a recent episode where Patterson was on a date with the science guy and they ended up in a lab of sorts and she had on a jacket with a name label “Dianne”.  Seems he made a remark about it but I just can’t recall exactly.  

Dianne was his ex-girlfriend at the time he made the reservation so he told her to pretend that was her name.

I don't know why Reed didn't say that he asked Zapata out 2 years ago and she said "no", and he has thought about her since, "She had her chance".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, marina707 said:

I can't think of any names that start with that sort of sound, though, so it must be something really uncommon.

Since her parents are super geniuses, Patterson probably has a first name that is :

  • an element from the periodic table
  • an obscure [yet brilliant] scientist / mathematician
  • a chemical reaction/ biological process
  • a cryptographic key/ anagram/ acronym
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No more Divya? Call Dr Hank. Another show Jennifer Esposito will disappear from?

Don't talk about Dr Rodney Mckay show us.

Um, shouldn't have Jane used a pressure bandage rather than a tourniquet? It's just a flesh a wound-she should have said she didn't have time to bleed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I'm a little unclear whether other characters really don't know her first name (I'm assuming not, as it must be on her official ID, etc., and if somehow it wasn't, I'm assuming we would have seen someone last night try to get it out of the dad).

Patterson seemed shocked/horrified that Rich knew her first name last season, so I think it is a secret?

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So Is Avery going to become Junior FBI trainee with Jane training her? If the show comes back next season, is Avery still there (assuming she survives this season)? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that was some convoluted reasoning to break up Reade's engagement. But the show is relentless when it comes to the Reade-Zapata drama. 

Loved the Stargate shout-out and Weller geeking out. It was also a nice touch to have Tasha know who Patterson's father was - a reminder of their friendship.

It cracks me up that Mom Jane is wearing more make-up than daughter Avery, he! I guess Avery will stick around until the identity of her father has been revealed. No way the show's just going to drop that plot. 

I know everyone thinks Roman is not surviving the season but I'm getting increasingly worried about Zapata. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2018 at 11:32 PM, AnimeMania said:

I don't know why Reed didn't say that he asked Zapata out 2 years ago and she said "no", and he has thought about her since, "She had her chance".

Exactly. Instead he says "she has feelings for me." And that one sentence cancels the wedding? Lots of people have feelings for other people, but it's not mutual and it doesn't break up their marriages or engagements. I mean, Matt Damon is still married and his wife isn't worried about me, right?

5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

It cracks me up that Mom Jane is wearing more make-up than daughter Avery, he! I guess Avery will stick around until the identity of her father has been revealed. No way the show's just going to drop that plot. 

This! I can't stop staring at Jane's big false eyelashes. She must spend hours getting beautiful enough to ninja fight bad guys.

8 hours ago, LisaM said:

So Is Avery going to become Junior FBI trainee with Jane training her?

I think she already is. She must have gotten her mad fighting skills from mom ... AND dad, whoever that is.

Has this show been renewed? Anyone know yet?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So who knew that you can send a signal jammer from the keypad of your home alarm?  And then when she turned it off so Weller could call her, why did his name show up as "Weller" on her phone?  She has Weller as one of her contacts?  

I've never gotten onboard with the whole Avery storyline but sadly it looks like she might be a series regular in the future, unless they decide to ship her off to college or something.

I'm not disappointed at all that Reade isn't getting married to the woman from Royal Pains.  The story ran its course and I'm glad to see her out of there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, greyhorse said:

So who knew that you can send a signal jammer from the keypad of your home alarm?  And then when she turned it off so Weller could call her, why did his name show up as "Weller" on her phone?  She has Weller as one of her contacts? 

To be fair, I *think* that was Jane's phone. I vaguely remembered her having a phone out, and then the bullets started flying. Evil Godmother may have assumed Weller would arrive and try to call Jane.

Edited by Captain Asshat

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode. I'm quite enjoying Kristina Reyes as Avery, now I've got over my annoyance at the secret child trope. I like all she's all intense and direct like Jane but being younger it comes off slightly bratty. Also godmother Lynette didn't come off as particularly smart in this episode. Had Avery suspected her before, she would have been the one calling Lynette, not the other way around.

I quite liked Bill Nye as Patterson's Dad.

I wish Reade and Meg had broken up over her decision to publish the story about not being documented. Have her do it as a protest against the current political climate or something. Plus they could have used it to add some ambiguity/darkness to Reade by having him ditch Meg because he fears that her publishing the story will kill his career.

I hate the constant Reade/Tasha interpersonal drama on this show. Tasha's so much more interesting when they focus on her CIA/FBI conflicts or her increasingly complicated friendships with Jane and Patterson.

Killing Avery would be a little dark for Blindspot:

On 07/05/2018 at 1:23 PM, LisaM said:

So Is Avery going to become Junior FBI trainee with Jane training her? If the show comes back next season, is Avery still there (assuming she survives this season)? 

Edited by Beatriceblake

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size