Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: One Ton Family: Part 1 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I feel a pulmonary embolism coming on.  Are her legs really numb or does she just want to stop for fast food.  Oh no, they're stopping in a hotel.  Hope the bed will be able to hold them and they won't fall over.

• Love 5

I don't blame Clarence for not wanting to travel.  Jobs are not at a premium in Louisiana.  I wouldn't have been able to move if someone in my family was in Dr. Now's program.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of embarrassment, did they show any bathing scenes? I have been eating dinner in between snarking here so may have missed it.

Nah, just some naked "bending over with the ass blurred out" scenes followed by uncomfortable scene of panties that couldn't be pulled up over the knees.

Just now, cmpbl said:

She can't even ride for one and a half hour. Are you kidding me? First time commenter here. Hi everyone 

welcome!!!

she's pushing herself to hard? she's sitting on her damn ass in a damn car!

• Love 11

I can't even snark tonight y'all.  These people are not thoroughly unlikeable.  And I feel really bad for the brother being saddled with those sisters, but I understand.

Roshonda should have ridden in the back seat, or maybe even the rear hatch area , live we've seen others do.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

She can't even ride for one and a half hour. Are you kidding me? First time commenter here. Hi everyone 

Hi and welcome! 

I bet if she had a plate of chicken or something to eat, she'd be happy to sit there. 

• Love 11

I had to leave the room when they first headed out. I saw them leave the hotel and she said it was as much time to the doctor as going back - and then they posted "Ninety minutes later."  What - all that complaining and she was only in the car for 90 minutes???  Jeez.  I can't image doing yourself so much damage that you can't sit in a car for 90 minutes.

• Love 12

Oh it's all over if we can't get help. I'm so sick of hearing that. You gotta lose a shit ton of weight before Dr Now will touch you.  It's just beginning hon

• Love 10

Preview of the rest of the show:
1) this is hard
2) I have stress
3) I'm only cheating a little
4) Dr. Now doesn't understand
5) I can do this my way

• Love 24
Just now, hoosiermom said:

I don't even know what to say about this crew. Off the charts in my book. A 4 hour road trip took 2 days? Just wow.

Unless they are hospitalized and closely watched I am skeptical that any of them will lose weight.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I couldn't even make eye contact with the television screen.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets embarrassed on behalf of people on TV. (Even fictional characters, sometimes.)

6 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Guys, they are going to HOUSTON! Who saw that coming??? (Tee hee)

Called it!!!

6 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

I like how the subtitles are correcting their grammar

????

5 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Hi!

Edited by ams1001
screwed up ma' quotes
  • Love 4

Scared.....glad I'm not drinking every time I'm hearing that tonight.  Guess because there's three of them the "scared" are in triplicate.  They're not too scared to stop eating or maybe that's what they're scared of not being able to eat.   They're going to freak when Dr. Now gives them the 1200 calorie meal plan!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I don't blame Clarence for not wanting to travel.  Jobs are not at a premium in Louisiana.  I wouldn't have been able to move if someone in my family was in Dr. Now's program.

Rememer Erica? who wanted her family to drop everything and stay with her in Houston?  She was the one with the angry sister.  Amazing the demands made by these people.

• Love 11
Just now, leFay said:

1) this is hard
2) I have stress
5) I can do this my way

Don’t forget: I’m scared. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

I can't even snark tonight y'all.  These people are not thoroughly unlikeable.  And I feel really bad for the brother being saddled with those sisters, but I understand.

Roshonda should have ridden in the back seat, or maybe even the rear hatch area , live we've seen others do.

1 minute ago, leFay said:

1) this is hard
2) I have stress
5) I can do this my way

Amen.

• Love 3

Well, I got the phone alert from my uni. And there's the hail... Can a funnel cloud be far behind?

TV's still on, though, thank goodness. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Howdy....how you doin?  (Dr. Now's signature greeting!)

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Scared.....glad I'm not drinking every time I'm hearing that tonight.  Guess because there's three of them the "scared" are in triplicate.  They're not too scared to stop eating or maybe that's what they're scared of not being able to eat.   They're going to freak when Dr. Now gives them the 1200 calorie meal plan!

Fear of not having their drug of choice and having to deal with life without it is the fear addicts have, so yeah... plus, they still have to eat

Edited by leFay
  • Love 4
(edited)

I really wonder, what is it about the car ride that is so hard on these folks who rarely move anyway?  Is it because they're sitting instead of lying down, so maybe their bodies don't like that upright angles?

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 7
Just now, CouchTater said:

That's what I was thinking too about her riding in the front passenger seat; just sit in the back. Either that or just tie her histrionic, drama queen ass to the top of the vehicle.

I'll see myself out................

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Stop off at a motel!!!? It's a four hour drive! Diva please!

It's 4 hours from here to Chicago. Not only do people do it all the time, but they do a round trip in 1 day if they have to.

• Love 6
Just now, aliya said:

Well, I got the phone alert from my uni. And there's the hail... Can a funnel cloud be far behind?

TV's still on, though, thank goodness. 

Be safe! Hope it passes by you! 

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Hellbound here, but we haven't heard the usual molestation stories yet, and we're almost an hour into the show.

Apparently there was no molestation. Amazing.