Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: A Taco Bowl and a Tubby Seamstress

paulvdb

Patti LuPone! I hope this wasn't just a one-off appearance. 

Since when does Adam hate Christy though? Until now I was under the impression that they got along really well and sometimes bond over Bonnie's craziness.

• Love 7

I had a genuine lol moment when Mr. Munson didn't know Christy was in the kitchen with he and Bonnie. My mom lost her vision about 7 years ago, and she is always accusing me of trying to give her a heart attack by unintentionally scaring her. ?

• Love 7

I loved that episode.  I like Patti.  I wouldn't mind her being a regular. 

I'm curious as to where the show will go if Bonnie and Adam do marry.  Will they live in Bonnie's apt or move to his, thus, leaving Christy with no where to live.  It seems like there's more for the characters to do at Bonnie's and Adam could help out with the apt complex maintenance. 

The tenant who was behind in rent needs to find a new pharmacy.  Anytime that I have had medication insurance coverage issues, not only did my doctor try to help me with ideas, coupons, etc., the pharmacy did as well.  The pharmacy has found all kinds of things to help reduce my out of pocket cost, saving me hundreds of dollars. And if that isn't possible, most drug companies will work with you as well on cost.  Glad that Bonnie was able to set it straight. lol

I guess Christy really has moved on from the relationship with Adam's brother.  Oh well....I guess they want her to stay single to keep her character more flexible.  

• Love 6

I thought maybe we’d be getting a new local for the ladies but then I guess the point is that even Bonnie is growing as a person.  Eating shit is what jobs are.   Honestly the most unrealistic part for me was the boss turned out to be human.  I am not sure if I liked that development or not.  Patti LuPone was great but I might have preferred if she took a hard line with Bonnie about Mr. Munson.  It would have been a more interesting development.

9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Since when does Adam hate Christy though? Until now I was under the impression that they got along really well and sometimes bond over Bonnie's craziness.

He doesn’t.  Bonnie and Adam were planning on having sex.  My guess is they were having sex in Christy’s absence.  She probably spent a lot of time away studying so taking a day put a kink in their plan.  It’s a small apartment with one bedroom and a closet that they used for Rosco’s bedroom. Not really big enough to have sex with your kid downstairs.

i thought the story with Christy and her online dating was funny.  Who did she eventually end up with again?  A magician name Mysterio?  

When it comes to certain things I think a lot of honest people don’t know to look or even ask.  They just pay.    Like discount drugs.  But a schemer like Bonnie can use her talents for good instead of evil.  There are free samples and coupons.  And yes pharmacy’s will help.  Hell the guy is a blind veteran with cancer.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I like Patti Lupone, but not necessarily for this show.  Do we really need another strong female character?  I'd like to keep the focus on Bonnie, Christy, and their AA friends.

Patti Lupone kind of took me out of the show a bit.  It was the same for me with Linda Lavin as Violet's almost mother-in-law.  And probably all of the well-know guest stars, now that I think of it (Chris Pratt, Josh Long, Sofia Vergara's husband [can't think of his name right now], etc.).

• Love 4

Joe Mangimello(sp)?  Mighty Mike?  :Snake? 

He can guest star any time for me.

Last Friday night I was watching an old CSI with Gil Grissom and Joe showed up as  lineman for the county. ..yellow hard hat and all. So awesome.  

I think he was the killer too, but I lost my train of thought and I was just enjoying his fine-ness. 

Patti Lupone  was ok. I like the dynamic of the ladies though.  I like Adam too. The fountain was a nice ending.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

He doesn’t.  Bonnie and Adam were planning on having sex.  My guess is they were having sex in Christy’s absence.  She probably spent a lot of time away studying so taking a day put a kink in their plan.  It’s a small apartment with one bedroom and a closet that they used for Rosco’s bedroom. Not really big enough to have sex with your kid downstairs.

It's a 2 bedroom. Roscoe's room was the closet when Violet still lived with them and she had the downstairs room. I agree they were planning something they didn't want to do with Christy around, but he's slept over there (in formerly Violet's now Roscoe's room) frequently enough I find it very hard to believe they've never had sex while Christy was at home. Then again maybe it feels weirder to do that with her sitting around watching TV in the middle of the day.

• Love 2

Bonnie and Marjorie are really a great pairing and I enjoy the recent shift in their relationship dynamics. Maybe the fact that Marjorie is no longer Christy's sponsor is helping.

I loved Adam's attempts to find wisdom in a movie about skiing teenagers - it came out of nowhere, made no sense and produced great reaction faces.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I find it very hard to believe they've never had sex while Christy was at home. Then again maybe it feels weirder to do that with her sitting around watching TV in the middle of the day.

They have had sex while Christy was there.  Bonnie has even referred to it.  But yes, they might feel more uncomfortable with her right outside the door.  Or they were planning louder, kinked or kitchen sex.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Why didn't Bonnie and Adam go to his place after Christy showed up?

Great question.

12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I might have preferred if she took a hard line with Bonnie about Mr. Munson.  It would have been a more interesting development. 

It would have been so depressing so I'm glad they did what they did.  I liked the angle that she was playing hardball because she suddenly has to support herself after divorce.

• Love 5

Maybe I missed it, but did they say why Mr Munson didn't get his medications from the VA's mail order pharmacy?

Loved seeing Patti Lupone.

Agreed with all the ladies at the diner -- Bonnie is a terrible employee, and good on Jill for saying she would never have hired Bonnie in the first place. 

• Love 2

I thought he said that the prescription medication that he was prescribed for his cancer wasn't covered by his insurance, so he was having to pay a lot of money to get it.  Sounds odd to me.  I'm not a vet, but, I would imagine the doctors would help figure out how the cancer patient gets his meds. My doctors always discuss prescription medication costs and coverage when they are prescribing it to me and we consider options, samples and coupons.  I know that some Vets don't always go to a  VA facility for treatment.  My brother goes to the VA hospital, for some things, but, for other things, he sees a regular doctor in his hometown.  What city is Mom set in? 

21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

It's a 2 bedroom. Roscoe's room was the closet when Violet still lived with them and she had the downstairs room. I agree they were planning something they didn't want to do with Christy around, but he's slept over there (in formerly Violet's now Roscoe's room) frequently enough I find it very hard to believe they've never had sex while Christy was at home. Then again maybe it feels weirder to do that with her sitting around watching TV in the middle of the day.

this bedroom thing makes no sense. why are christy and bonnie sharing a bedroom? and worse still, a bed? no way in hell would i be sharing a bed with my mother if i were older than 3. there is another bedroom. and good lord , don't they want some privacy. i don't even like sharing the bed with my husband half the time. a bedroom for everyone! 

• Love 6
On 4/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, CouchTater said:

I like Patti Lupone, but not necessarily for this show.  Do we really need another strong female character?  I'd like to keep the focus on Bonnie, Christy, and their AA friends.

I agree with this but it makes me wonder how (if) the writers can keep things fresh when they've established this closed circle of personalities.  

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Maybe I missed it, but did they say why Mr Munson didn't get his medications from the VA's mail order pharmacy?

My dad gets a lot of his meds from the VA (he's a partially disabled Viet-Nam vet with Agent Orange related illnesses), but some things they will not touch, like newer meds, even if they're better for the person (they will not pay for Xarelto but will pay for Warfarin, but Xarelto has a lot less restrictions and side effects and that's why my dad's regular doctor wanted him on it - they will also not pay for Invokana, but will pay for Metformin, etc).  They also won't pay for anything not related to your service.  My dad needs hearing aids, but the VA will not help in any way because that's not related to his service.  So even a 100% disabled vet, as I assume Mr. Munson is, would have things not covered.  It's frustrating trying to navigate the VA and he needs an advocate working for him - my dad has one.

• Love 4
On 4/27/2018 at 7:30 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I loved that episode.  I like Patti.  I wouldn't mind her being a regular. 

I'm curious as to where the show will go if Bonnie and Adam do marry.  Will they live in Bonnie's apt or move to his, thus, leaving Christy with no where to live.  It seems like there's more for the characters to do at Bonnie's and Adam could help out with the apt complex maintenance. 

The tenant who was behind in rent needs to find a new pharmacy.  Anytime that I have had medication insurance coverage issues, not only did my doctor try to help me with ideas, coupons, etc., the pharmacy did as well.  The pharmacy has found all kinds of things to help reduce my out of pocket cost, saving me hundreds of dollars. And if that isn't possible, most drug companies will work with you as well on cost.  Glad that Bonnie was able to set it straight. lol

I guess Christy really has moved on from the relationship with Adam's brother.  Oh well....I guess they want her to stay single to keep her character more flexible.  

My late mom had the same problems with her insurance not covering some drugs, and not one pharmacy or pharmaceutical company offered assistance with coupons or discounts.  I have also gone to pick up new prescriptions, find out they are $500/month, and called my doctor to prescribe another drug.  Of course, Mr Munson needed specific drugs for cancer.  It’s a very real and sad problem for many people....especially those who are retired.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, CouchTater said:

Patti Lupone kind of took me out of the show a bit.  It was the same for me with Linda Lavin as Violet's almost mother-in-law.  And probably all of the well-know guest stars, now that I think of it (Chris Pratt, Josh Long, Sofia Vergara's husband [can't think of his name right now], etc.).

I agree with keeping the focus on Bonnie, Christy and their AA friends.  I did like Linda Lavin as Phyllis.  I remember in one episode she said to Christy, something like, you really need a mother don't you, when Christy said yes, she told her to call her.  Christy and Bonnie's relationship has improved a lot, but, I think Bonnie can still be hurtful towards her sometimes, maybe, it would have been nice if Christy had Phyllis to turn to sometimes.

• Love 1

Who did she eventually end up with again?  A magician name Mysterio?  

That was an inside joke, and a nod to Anna Farris's book and podcast. She has said "magician" is at the top of her list of men she would never date. (Because they get off on tricking people.) Musician is #2, BTW.

• Love 1

I don't think Bonnie and Adam needed to have any plans, even for sex, to be thrown off by Christy's presence. It's easy as a couple to get used to it just being you two and having your space and routine, when someone else's presence just puts a wrench in things, even if you'd be doing the exact same things.

• Love 6

My ex and I managed an apartment complex.  I took care of the administrative end and he did maintenance.  We kept regular hours just like any job and could not up and leave whenever we wanted. We had an assistant manager that worked the weekends.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TGinKY said:

My ex and I managed an apartment complex.  I took care of the administrative end and he did maintenance.  We kept regular hours just like any job and could not up and leave whenever we wanted. We had an assistant manager that worked the weekends.

Did you live there?